Type keyword(s) to search

Snooki And JWWOW - General Discussion

• Start Topic

Well hoping they're going to show other things than parenthood and wedding planning.

Even though totally contrived, the reactions from venues like the ninja restaurant are entertaining.

If they can capture that kind of manic energy, this show could be worth continuing to watch.  Don't make it some thing about them growing up.  The youngest of them is around 30?  So spare the viewers that cliche.

I'm not ashamed to admit that I love this show. Apparently by the action this thread is getting, I'm the only one but I like it.

Contrived, scripted, I don't care. It makes me laugh. I can see the real genuine friendship between the couples and I think Roger and Jionni are hilarious together.

What the hell did Jenni do to her face? I used to think she was the prettiest of the Jersey Shore girls but she looks terrible now.

Her face looks like it hurts when she laughs.

• Love 2

I like the show too! I think the two couples have a nice relationship with one another. I like seeing Jenni and Nicole both pregnant at the same time. I would rather watch this then all that gross shit they did on Jersey Shore

• Love 2

I loved Jionni and Roger at childbirth class.  Especially enjoyed watching the other couples laugh at their antics.  It's good to see that they can have fun without hijacking the class to the extent that the other people get annoyed.  Even the instructors were giggling.  More episodes like this, please!

Well they're probably playing for the cameras.  Producers probably egg them on too.

But yeah, I like these segments where they go to businesses and ham it up.  Obviously the producers arrange it ahead of time so they're able to film at the businesses and they probably have a couple of writers come up with some ideas for antics.

They get the bystanders, who have to sign releases, to play along.

• Love 1

Jionni picking Jennifer Lawrence for his "free pass" because she could save him in the wilderness - so hysterical! 

I loved the girls proving Roger wrong about the tin-can phone. 

When they're not talking about poop and periods, these people can be pretty damn funny. 

I just can't with Jenni wanting bigger boobs, though. She's going to stop nursing early, on purpose!, because she needs another boob job? That just irks me to death. Snooki is right, she is crazy. 

• Love 1

I just watched the labor delivery ep. OMG it got so serious and touching! Props to Jenny for showing her gut

t wrenching contractions and then the delivery. The pictures at the end were so sweet, and Roger was awesome throughout. And she looked so small in his big hands hah. A teacup version of cuteness

• Love 1

Roger is so in love with that baby it brought tears to my eyes. Jionni with his arched, waxed eyebrows telling Lorenzo that he can't do cheerleading when he's older just struck me as funny.

My granddaughter is spending the night Friday and we're going to do the tin can phone. She's 6, she'll probably think its the coolest thing ever.

Nicole had her rehearsal dinner last weekend and supposedly the wedding is this weekend. I wonder what part of New Jersey they live in, because that house is beautiful.

The wedding was held at the Venetian in Garfield, NJ which is near Elmwood Park and Lodi (about an hour from where I live).  Not sure where her and Jionni live permanently but the house next to Jenni and Roger is about 2 blocks from my uncle's house in Toms River (exit 81 off the Garden State Parkway).  My uncle says that he occasionally sees Jenni and Roger out walking their baby and dogs in the neighborhood and they are pretty friendly.

• Love 1

The wedding was held at the Venetian in Garfield, NJ which is near Elmwood Park and Lodi (about an hour from where I live).  Not sure where her and Jionni live permanently but the house next to Jenni and Roger is about 2 blocks from my uncle's house in Toms River (exit 81 off the Garden State Parkway).  My uncle says that he occasionally sees Jenni and Roger out walking their baby and dogs in the neighborhood and they are pretty friendly.

Thanks, I like to look at real estate in other cities =) I don't know if I'd live in Jersey though. I live in East Tennessee and I am SO over winter.

The wedding was held at the Venetian in Garfield, NJ which is near Elmwood Park and Lodi (about an hour from where I live).  Not sure where her and Jionni live permanently...

I know that for a time they were living with his folks in East Hanover, which is where the church they got married in is located (I presume it's where his parents go). From there it's about a 40-minute ride to The Venetian (which is known for its over-the-top decor, so I'm curious to see if they were able to pull off the Gatsby theme in that site).

I'm not ashamed to admit that I love this show. Apparently by the action this thread is getting, I'm the only one but I like it.

Contrived, scripted, I don't care. It makes me laugh. I can see the real genuine friendship between the couples and I think Roger and Jionni are hilarious together.

I actually like it, too. Snooki has just grown so much that I just can't help but root for her. I really think she will last with Jionni and their family is too adorable.

I still feel a little 'eh' about Jenny based on how she acted on Marriage Bootcamp, but I enjoy Roger and Meilani is so beautiful. I love that Snooki and Jenny's daughters are so close in age.

If I were Jionni, I'd have been a little annoyed at Roger saying that he fell in love with the baby the minute he saw her, and telling Jionni that he "can't imagine how it felt".

Yeah...Jionni is also a dad, I'm sure he knows exactly how it feels.

New parents crack me up. When Jenni was saying Roger wouldn't let her eat pineapple because he didn't want her to have acid on her fingers, I just rolled my eyes.

Just a little snark on Jenni and her gorgeous daughter. She spells her name "Meilani" which should be pronounced may-LA-nee, but they call her Milan-ee. I keep thinking they're saying Milania without the ya at the end. Guess they don't realize they're saying the name wrong, or don't care.

• Love 1

I hate when people act like taking care of a newborn is so hard. Its a piece of cake at that age.

The first thing new parents should be taught is that it's ok to set the baby down when they are awake. Jenni calling and asking how you go to the bathroom when the baby is awake is ridiculous and hopefully scripted.

Lay the kid down someplace safe and get your shit done!

Well, I think it's understandable that a new parent would be worried to put the baby down. They're so tiny and delicate, and you've never done this before. I was the same way with my first. We didn't get out of bed for like 2 days. Then I started getting up a bit more, but wasn't really showering or getting dressed. I was in A LOT of pain from my episiotomy, though. It took my mom coming out at one week, and watching him while I showered, to get me motivated to start having a schedule and learning how to balance everything. It's a big change, and I think figuring it all out is just a process new moms have to go through. 

That being said, Jenni was way OTT ridiculous in this episode. I'm just hoping that her antics were producer driven....because I would kill my friend if they asked me to come over 50 times a day so they could do menial tasks, or called me 50 times a night with the most inane questions. Hasn't she ever heard of texting? "Do babies dream?" is not a middle of the night question. Not to mention, Meilani appeared to be sleeping peacefully every time she called - so why wasn't Jenni??? It's not like Nicole doesn't have a family to take care of herself. And she's six (or whatever) months pregnant! I'm just going to guess that those scenes were all filmed in the middle of the day for comedic sake, because otherwise.....bye, Felicia! 

And I was totally team Roger with breakfast gate. She bitches that he never does anything romantic, so he makes a nice breakfast for their anniversary...and she can't be bothered to care. She just acts like it's any old day, taking 30 minutes to plaster her face on, while his efforts go cold on the table. And even then he seemed only mildly peeved. It wasn't until she asked if it was really his idea, that he got super pissed. And I don't blame him. What kind of question is that? Whose else idea would it be??? 

Look at the dinner she made him just a few days before. It was his first day back at work, she made his favorite foods....and he got all excited about it. He was happy and appreciative and sat right down to eat. No, "Oh, babe, I've been working all day. I need a shower". THAT'S how you react when someone does something nice for you. Not act like you don't even care and then question their motives. And then she just makes it worse by following him around the house when she knows he's hot. My husband is a lot like Roger. When he's mad, you let him cool down. It's not like he's going to start beating on me or anything, but he just needs time to process and calm down, so we're not screaming at each other. Roger clearly stated several times that he didn't want to fight in front of the baby and to give him ten minutes. But she wouldn't. So he leaves the house, and she starts in with her melodramatic - "It's just you and me now. Daddy's crazy. He's probably run off to Mexico". I know the baby has no idea what she's saying, but I can totally see her pulling that shit when Meilani is older. 

I'm sorry. I just don't like Jenni. I never have, and she's the only one on this show I have not grown to like over the years. 

And, I'm probably going straight to hell, but every time Nicole talks about how quickly she's bounced back, I find myself squinting at the TV and saying, "Really?" I just don't see it. Sure, she doesn't look pregnant anymore. But she looks every other mom I've known a few weeks after the baby. I guess maybe her boobs sticking out five feet make everything else seem tiny in comparison. 

• Love 1

Add me to the list of people who LOVE this show. I'm sad it's the last season. 

My DVR cut off the end (send time it's done that.. .grrrrrrrr) so i didn't see what happened after Jenni finally came downstairs. 

Im watching the first 3 seasons on Hulu. I love this show. Jenny and Nicole's friendship seems so genuine. Jenny is so sweet to her. I love love love Roger. I think I have a crush on him and I did not like him at all on Jersey Shore. He has a temper but he's always joking around and he seems like deep down he's a good guy. I think I have a crush on him. Lorenzo is the cutest little boy ever (except for my own son)and Jenny's baby girl is precious. Jenny calling Nicole twenty times a day asking questions was hilarious but true. When I had my first I freaked out and had no idea what to do either. It's relatable in a funny sort of way.

Looks like they're in the stretch drive towards the wedding and then wrapping up their reality show careers.

Gianni and Snookie do not seem the types to be prudent with their money so was it their choice to get off the gravy train?

Or are they going to try for a comeback in a few years?

Show isn't quite the same as the first season where they're doing all kinds of contrived but entertaining activities like the ninja restaurant. It's been too focused on adult stuff like parenting concerns.

Looks like they're in the stretch drive towards the wedding and then wrapping up their reality show careers.

Gianni and Snookie do not seem the types to be prudent with their money so was it their choice to get off the gravy train?

I remember reading a while ago that Snooki's father has most of her money in some kind of trust because he wanted to make sure she had it for many years to come. Neither Jionni nor Snooki strike me as big spenders. I honestly think they'll be okay.

I remember reading a while ago that Snooki's father has most of her money in some kind of trust because he wanted to make sure she had it for many years to come. Neither Jionni nor Snooki strike me as big spenders. I honestly think they'll be okay.

I've read the same thing, and I believe it. I think Snooki may have said it in an interview.

Well there was that one JS season where she was buying just useless stuff like a diamond encrusted sunglasses that she couldn't see through.

And every year, she seemed to have a nice car.  They only show the Range Rover on the show but wouldn't be surprised if they had a fleet.  DOn't see the two of them sharing one car.

They've shown two black vehicles parked at the rental house this season. And when they moved back to Jionni's parent's house they were each driving one. I think the range rover is Snooki's vehicle so not sure what Jionni is driving. Didn't think to look.

Their new house is ridiculous but good for them.  They will be very happy that they chose to invest in a house rather than other stupid stuff. 

Gianni appears to have an Escalade pickup or something.

They appear to be planning to have at least one more child based on the latest episode.

Despite the sushi, it appears they do a lot of takeout food unless the parents have them over or bring home-cooked meals over.

In the After Show, Jwow has at least one designer dress for her toddler daughter.

If this show is getting any kind of ratings and MTV or someone offers them another show, I think they'll be back at some point.

They both said they would do another show but their kids wouldn't be involved.

Does anybody know anything about Jionni's family? Are there any cops in his family?

I was reading and had the show Jail on in the background. I swear I heard Jionni's voice, it was a cop who was very short and sounded just like Jionni. When I checked the guide it said it was filmed in Wayne, New Jersey.

There wasn't a lot of physical resemblance other than the height and voice but I'm wondering if they are related.

The series finale last night was so good. The Wedding was beautiful and those 2 kids of hers are adorable. It was good to see Sammi,Ronnie, Dina and Pauly. The food at the reception looked so good. Snooki has indeed come along way from her Jersey shore days. The dance with her dad had me crying.

• Love 1

Yeah but they can't party any more and those antics would be tired anyways.

Maybe the ratings haven't held up either.  Certainly nothing like JS in the heyday.

I wouldn't expect this show's ratings to be anywhere JS' in its heyday or otherwise.

Snooki has indeed come along way from her Jersey shore days. The dance with her dad had me crying.

I loved when her dad told her that she took his breath away. Gah! I was totally tearing up. She did look good. 

• Love 1

I agree that she's come a long way. Snooki was always my favorite on Jersey Shore. Beneath the crazy, drunken partying I could see a decent person.

It feels weird to say but I'm proud of her.

I remember reading that everybody from Jersey Shore, except Mike was at the wedding but I didn't see Vinny. Deena looked good. I'm surprised she's still with her boyfriend.

I wonder what happened to Snooki's friend Ryder. On JS Snooki said they'd been friends since childhood but I didn't see her at the wedding.

Also thought it was odd that Roger wasn't in the wedding.

I didn't see Vinnie either! I kept looking for him, because he was always my favorite of the guys. Yea, I thought it was weird that Roger wasn't in the wedding as well. I guess he and Jionni are good pals, but Jionni must have much closer friends, going back many years. 

I'm proud of Snooki too. When you look at those flashbacks, wow has she changed! I never would have thought, after seeing her drunkenly chase Jionni through the streets of Italy, that those two would be married and have two beautiful kids, a lovely home. (Speaking of which, how do they afford that thing??? Does reality tv pay that well? Or is the ATM business booming?) And she looks so much better too! She really was a little meatball back in the day. I think a lot of it was alcohol bloat. I think she looked absolutely beautiful at her wedding. And the way she tears up, talking about her kids, you can tell she's going to be a really devoted mom. Fair play to her. 

I'm so sad this is over :(  

I can't image how much that wedding would cost if someone were actually paying for it.

And a cocktail hour with 20 food stations BEFORE the dinner?  OMG that's my wedding heaven right there lol 

The one thing that bugged me... their cake was crooked... or was that on purpose? 

BTW - I just found out the the other day that Snooki has an Etsy store - she sells some cute stuff too.  Her shop is on vacation right now but once she opens it back up I am totally buying something!  You can look at her sales to see what she's been selling. 

Snooki had a gorgeous wedding! The reception looked awesome. The food had me drooling. That wedding must have been a fortune!

She has definitely come far. When the episode kept flashbacking to Snooki when she was bloated and drunk, I had to laugh. I don't know why, but I feel like that time in her life is miles and miles away, like it was almost a completely different person. She has matured so much, has a cool husband, and beautiful babies. I can totally picture her becoming the soccer mom with the minivan.

Loved how emotional her dad was on the wedding day. The slideshow was a perfect touch. Jionni was too cute and I love how he sent Snooki flowers from the babies. Love that she had all of the girls from JS in the wedding. Laughed really hard when Snooki was trying to figure out if she should put Sam and Ron at the same table. Snooki has said she's no longer friends with Mike or Vinny and she hasn't talked to them in a while, so I am not surprised they weren't invited. I don't think anyone is cool with Mike anymore.

BTW - I just found out the the other day that Snooki has an Etsy store - she sells some cute stuff too.  Her shop is on vacation right now but once she opens it back up I am totally buying something!  You can look at her sales to see what she's been selling. 

She has had to put her store on vacation a couple of times because she says she's been inundated with orders. I think that's awesome. I am not into her items, but I think the store is such a cute business venture.

She has had to put her store on vacation a couple of times because she says she's been inundated with orders. I think that's awesome. I am not into her items, but I think the store is such a cute business venture.

She's sold about 800 orders since she opened it up in Dec.  that's CRAZY!  I think I have about that much in my store and I've been selling on Etsy for like 5 years lol.

MTV must have paid at least part of it.  That looked like it would cost well over 6-figures.

Maybe Snookie originally had sensible plans for the wedding but MTV wanted something more extravagant to show on TV so it's at a fancy hotel with over-the-top banquet and the vintage cars, stretch limos, etc.  Maybe the hotel also was willing to comp a lot of it in exchange for the MTV showing the Venetian logos all the time, as well as all the time showing the food they were getting.

Or she might have really wanted all these things and paid for a lot of it.  Between JS and this show, she might have banked over $10 million, even after taxes.

Snooki made a mint between JS, this show, and her appearances. I wouldn't surprised if she paid for it herself, or if MTV chipped in. Either is feasible, IMO.

I admit I teared up during the wedding. Those flashbacks killed me! And I'm glad the ladies (and their gents) are taking a break from reality tv to live their lives in relative privacy.

The venue was definitely paid for in portion by having their name shown all the time.  I can't remember if anything else was marketed. After all the money they likely spend on that house, it wouldn't surprise me if they paid a pretty good chunk of it themselves.  But it was likely portions of them paying it, MTV, and comped goods. 

Jionni was too cute and I love how he sent Snooki flowers from the babies.

I also loved how he said his favorite thing about her walking down the aisle was her smile. Jionni isn't the type who really shows his emotions often, but he looked over-the-moon when they got married. 

Snooki has said she's no longer friends with Mike or Vinny and she hasn't talked to them in a while, so I am not surprised they weren't invited. I don't think anyone is cool with Mike anymore.

Yea, I figured Mike was on the outs with many of them after his behavior. Vinnie, OTOH, always seemed like a pretty likeable dude. But I guess given Nicole's history with him, he might make Jionni uncomfortable. Totally understandable. 

And I'm glad the ladies (and their gents) are taking a break from reality tv to live their lives in relative privacy.

Same here. Others should take note.