Type keyword(s) to search

S05.E03: Basic Intergluteal Numismatics

nymusix

Was there a specific show and/or movie this was parodying? I'm a huge fan of the true crime stuff that used to be on A&E, and lots of crime dramas; I wondered if it was The Killing? Or is it a conglomeration of shows/movies?

I think it was a parody of the genre in general.

The way they left it made me think maybe this plot will reoccur at some point in the future (a la the paintball plot)

I agree. Any ideas on the true identity of the Ass Crack Bandit?

Just for fun, I'll throw out some totally wild speculation.

1. Britta

2. Pierce, assuming Chevy Chase is ever forgiven for being a huge douche (unlikely)

3. Troy. "But wait!" you might say. "He got attacked by the bandit. He couldn't be the bandit." To which I say "Raising Cain, mofos". His split personality ass-bandited himself and he just doesn't remember it. It would also be a potential exit for Donald Glover to leave the show in a way where he could later return (after Troy is treated for his multiple personality disorder).

4. Some combination of people. This is the Scream theory, with multiple ass bandits working together. As you remember, Annie noted that it would be impossible to run the route in 10 minutes. She assumed there was a shortcut, but it could just as likely the work of multiple bandits splitting up the difference.

Who knows what crazy thing Dan Harmon will come up with?

• Love 1

Was there a specific show and/or movie this was parodying? I'm a huge fan of the true crime stuff that used to be on A&E, and lots of crime dramas; I wondered if it was The Killing? Or is it a conglomeration of shows/movies?

Hannibal (currently on TV) and Zodiac (2007 David Fincher film)

• Love 1