Type keyword(s) to search

House Of DVF - General Discussion

• Start Topic

So if I just watch this show as a 20 minute DVF commercial, it keeps my expectations for actual content in check.  

I like seeing the locations they are in, I like the challenges, if they are even remotely creative, and I like DVF and her crew.  I tend to mute almost all of the "social" time of the girls.  Of course, it's easy to see when they are squabbling, so that gets muted too.  

I'm really liking Alli and think she's my pick for Brand Ambassador.  She has enough humility to realize she has a lot to learn, she's respectful to DVF and her assistants, yet she has enough of the confidence that very pretty girls acquire early. 

Michael seems like a nice guy, he just comes off as a caricature.  As if the role of "Michael" is actually being played by Mike Meyers.  

Edited by leighdear
  • Love 2

Michael seems like a nice guy, he just comes off as a caricature.  As if the role of "Michael" is actually being played by Mike Meyers.  

Agree to disagree.  I see nothing in him that he comes off as a caricature at all.  He's not on screen long enough to be one.  I guess I don't see the "Mike Meyers" reference either considering what a horrible actor he is.  But oh well not everyone agrees.

It was clear for me that Alli from the Valley was given and told to wear the clothes she did for the photo shoot.  From the previews I hope Cat goes home next.  If I was Diane, I wouldn't pick any of these girls to be a Brand Ambassador.  I know I shouldn't be shocked but still I am at the amount of crying these girls do.   Is it a requirement to be on this show that they can cry at the drop of a hat.  They are given a little bit of critique and the waterworks start flowing.   The only bright spot I have is watching when Michael comes on the screen during the challenges.

Yeah, I'm tired of Hanna-Beth's tears.  I feel like the only two people who haven't cried are Alli and Cat.  Alli Cat!  

Alli would be my pick for brand ambassador, I truly feel like if you're gonna have someone do that they need to have the style and personality.  As Jessica said, you can teach style....you can't teach personality.

Agree to disagree.  I see nothing in him that he comes off as a caricature at all.  He's not on screen long enough to be one.  I guess I don't see the "Mike Meyers" reference either considering what a horrible actor he is.  But oh well not everyone agrees.

I can see a little Austin Powers in Michael, but in a very cute way.

• Love 2

I'm picking Alli now too.

But forget these vapid girls. Now I just want to see a show about the DVF core team. I particularly enjoyed, because it didn't happen to me, Diane's "This is nice!" and then systematically changing everything about the new store.

• Love 3

I'm picking Alli now too.

But forget these vapid girls. Now I just want to see a show about the DVF core team. I particularly enjoyed, because it didn't happen to me, Diane's "This is nice!" and then systematically changing everything about the new store.

She is such a hoot.  I love that DVF seems to completely be herself on the show.  A lot of people wouldn't want to be seen as that boss that comes in and basically calls your efforts crap, but she seems to give zero fucks.  And honestly, her core team seems so cool -- and normally I don't like skinny fashion chicks, but they really seem like a group of interesting people.  I wish this show was a little longer, but I suspect DVF refused to do a longer season.

Next season it would be nice to see some girls that had a little more substance -- and maybe a few that were a little older

• Love 5

I don't understand why Leigh is so stuck on Hannah Beth but I also don't understand why it bothers Cat so much. If Leigh was following Cat around she'd probably love it. Cat's whole thing is to stir the shit.

If Chantal's dress was of a different material, the chain would have really worked. I actually liked the train. I thought Alli's dress was awful. But her picture was great and she does grow on me. Diane's elimination speeches are just always so nice. She could be so mean and ruthless if she wants and instead it's all "here's my email!". Which kind of makes me want an Anna Wintour reality show because you know she'd have no time for nothing.

• Love 2

I don't understand why Leigh is so stuck on Hannah Beth but I also don't understand why it bothers Cat so much. If Leigh was following Cat around she'd probably love it. Cat's whole thing is to stir the shit.

If Chantal's dress was of a different material, the chain would have really worked. I actually liked the train. I thought Alli's dress was awful. But her picture was great and she does grow on me. Diane's elimination speeches are just always so nice. She could be so mean and ruthless if she wants and instead it's all "here's my email!". Which kind of makes me want an Anna Wintour reality show because you know she'd have no time for nothing.

well, because Leigh should be following Cat around.  I mean, Cat is so awesome, her great, great grandfather started France and she has styled everyone that you've ever heard of.  It doesn't even make sense that Leigh would admire anyone else besides Cat.

• Love 5

I was just yelling "what the fuck do you CARE??" at my teevee. What is it with Cat? She has to live everyone else's life for her. Just take care of your own shit, girl. She's the one who seems obsessed. With Leigh. First in France, where she felt compelled to sit her down and explain her shortcomings to her, and now this biz with HannaBeth. FFS, who the hell cares?

And dear god, HannaBeth. Get over yourself and your tacky, D list romance.

Was it Alli with the black dress? And all the other girls were shocked, SHOCKED that she chose black! Which came from DVF's store so not likely to cause an consternation for DVF. Jesus. I can feel the brain cells dying when I watch this show!

• Love 4

I was just yelling "what the fuck do you CARE??" at my teevee. What is it with Cat? She has to live everyone else's life for her. Just take care of your own shit, girl. She's the one who seems obsessed. With Leigh. First in France, where she felt compelled to sit her down and explain her shortcomings to her, and now this biz with HannaBeth. FFS, who the hell cares?

And dear god, HannaBeth. Get over yourself and your tacky, D list romance.

Was it Alli with the black dress? And all the other girls were shocked, SHOCKED that she chose black! Which came from DVF's store so not likely to cause an consternation for DVF. Jesus. I can feel the brain cells dying when I watch this show!

Yeah, what is this show he is on?  And why do they keep making it sound like this break up was on the same plane as finding out that Jay Z and Beyonce broke up?  "Its all over the tabloids!"  I want to see proof, because all I saw was a tiny picture on someone's cell phone.

Cat just can't understand why the girls aren't worshiping her.  Cat deserves to be the one that is adored, not HB.  Its Cat's great grandfather that single handedly was responsible for Napolean's victories.  It's Cat who spent 7 years in France, or New York, or London, or wherever you are talking about at the moment.  It's Cat who has styled every celebrity on the red carpet.  It's Cat who has a place in NYC and a place in LA.  Its Cat who just did everything better than you.  It just doesn't make any sense that Leigh would want to spend time with HB, when Cat is right there!

Well...you know DVF is all about color....until it isn't....

• Love 3

With every week my hate for these girls grows stronger. I don't give a flying frick abut the girls outside of their assignments with DVF & Co. I do not want to watch them in bars. I do not want to watch them in cars. I don't want to see them fight. I don't want to see them get a bite. I don' want to see them with a fox. I do not want to see them in a box. 

• Love 7

Diane: When you unpack, you feel so accomplished. It's like an orgasm. No matter what happens, you will never pack and not think of me.

Cat is such a shit stirrer trying to bring up Hanna Beth's breakup in reference to DVF having gone through breakups too. Way to be subtle there. And then she was so fake when she acted so surprised that Hanna Beth ran off crying.

I'm surprised that Diane doesn't approve the layout and setup of every store before it opens. I was cracking up when she complimented the store on looking nice and then proceeded to point out every single thing that she didn't like and wanted changed. But hey, it's your name over the door so you have the right to do that. And I can't disagree with her about the specific things she wanted. I agree that if you're going to have shoes on display, you should be able to try them on instead of having them locked inside a glass case. And piling four books on top of each other and then putting a bunch of purses on top of them is useless because if someone wants to look at the books then they have to move all the purses. I also loved that she knew the little couch was for husbands to sit and check their email while their wives are shopping.

Hahaha and I loved that Diane specifically asked Hanna Beth about Cat being a know it all. I really loved that she told Hanna Beth that it's okay to be upset because she loved her fiance and you can't regret that. I totally cracked up when Diane's spin was that this actor was so upset he was trying to annoy her through the internet.

One of the great things about Diane is how she can pull out her quotes and still make them sound spontaneous and natural, like she just came up with it during the conversation when in reality she's said it a million times. I also find it endearing to see her taking pictures (last season when she was on the helicopter and this week when she was at the Twin Towers with Hanna Beth). Related story: a few months ago when I asked someone to take a picture of me with Mr. EB, the response I got was, "OMG, you have a camera? That's so old school!"

I love Jessica so much. I liked that even though she was horrified by how messy Alli's hotel room was, she just hopped right up on the bed and seemed perfectly comfortable (even though from her talking head, you could tell that she was dying inside to be surrounded by such a mess). And I totally cracked up when she tried on Alli's pink robe and said, "How many people have you seduced in this robe?"

I liked that Jessica was giving her very specific critiques about some of the outfits that Alli showed her. I also like that rather than trying to completely change Alli's style, Jessica just wants to help her find a way to blend her personal style with DVF. One of the things I really like about Alli is that, unlike some of the other girls, she has self awareness. She knows that a lot of her wardrobe isn't high fashion and she admits it, but she is open to Jessica's suggestions.

One of the things I like about Leigh (but can also be annoying) is that she is so enthusiastic. I know that Cat has glommed on to Leigh's loyalty to Hanna Beth, but seeing how excited Leigh was about Alli singing made me see that Leigh is one of those younger girls who meets someone, bonds with them, and then loves them (can you imagine her in a sorority house?). I think she's doing it in a non-SWF kind of way so I find it sweet, but Cat clearly finds it threatening because she is not the object of Leigh's affection.

Gawd, Cat is such a bitch. The way that she attacked Leigh for being friends with Hanna Beth was sickening. And then for Cat to be a condescending bitch to tell Leigh to calm down after she specifically poked her to upset her. I'm glad that when all five of them were together, Hanna Beth pointed out that it's okay for some of them to like each other more because they aren't all going to be best friends. I know it's still a competition, but I'd rather see Leigh and Hanna Beth being friends than the usual "I'm not here to make friends" bitchery we see on so many other reality shows. If Leigh and Hanna Beth are okay being friends while competing for the same job, why the fuck should Cat care?

Chantal: Hanna Beth and Leigh have a great relationship. That's why they're friends. Cat doesn't really have a relationship with anyone. That's why she's jealous.

For the record, Hanna Beth's ex is an actor whose main claim to fame is being a 30 year old guy who keeps getting cast as a high school student on ABC Family and CW tv shows that get canceled (Twisted, The Secret Circle, Ten Things I Hate About You). I think the only reason their breakup was in the tabloids (and I'm guessing these were just gossip blogs, not like the cover of the National Enquirer) is because shortly before their breakup he was on an HBO show called The Leftovers with Liv Tyler and Justin Theroux.

Ugh, these all day photo shoots drive me crazy. You just know that whoever is last on the schedule is going to be screwed. I don't know why Cat thought DVF + punk was a good idea. I was cracking up that Leigh's tropical location ended up looking like a frat house basement. And of course these girls are expected to produce professional looking photos for this assignment by using a point and shoot camera.

I was cracking up that the girls said that DVF is all about color and that Alli's outfit didn't look DVF because hello, SHE IS WEARING A DVF OUTFIT. One of my friends has a really cute black DVF dress (for the record, it's not a wrap dress) and she has worn it to several events.

I was really excited about seeing the girls' prototypes. I can't say enough times how glad I am that they didn't have to design in teams this year. That was a disaster last year. I'm not a fan of jumpsuits but Hanna Beth's wasn't bad. I like that when Michael made the front blouson, Diane immediately saw that it would change the back which would be a problem. Cat's dress was boring in the front, but I liked the back. Hee, I loved that Cat suggested making it tea length because that's "on trend" and Diane told her that they would sell more if it was long. Alli's jersey didn't look DVF at all, so I was surprised that Diane liked it at all. Chantal's was way too bare in the front for me. No one with boobs could wear that dress. That was more of a problem for me than the gold chain.

In Leigh's defense of thinking Sao Paulo has a beach, when I did a google images seach, I found pictures like thisthis, and this (in addition to pictures of Sao Paulo itself). I think the problem is that she was getting hits for Morro de Sao Paulo as well as Sao Paulo.

Loved that Diane gave Chantal her phone number and told her that she would always be welcomed back at DVF. I know this show is fake as hell, but I love Diane and her team. They aren't mean for the sake of being mean. They are professionals trying to show these girls how to be professionals.

Edited by ElectricBoogaloo
  • Love 1

One of the great things about Diane is how she can pull out her quotes and still make them sound spontaneous and natural, like she just came up with it during the conversation when in reality she's said it a million times. I also find it endearing to see her taking pictures (last season when she was on the helicopter and this week when she was at the Twin Towers with Hanna Beth). Related story: a few months ago when I asked someone to take a picture of me with Mr. EB, the response I got was, "OMG, you have a camera? That's so old school!"

I love Jessica so much. I liked that even though she was horrified by how messy Alli's hotel room was, she just hopped right up on the bed and seemed perfectly comfortable (even though from her talking head, you could tell that she was dying inside to be surrounded by such a mess). And I totally cracked up when she tried on Alli's pink robe and said, "How many people have you seduced in this robe?"

I liked that Jessica was giving her very specific critiques about some of the outfits that Alli showed her. I also like that rather than trying to completely change Alli's style, Jessica just wants to help her find a way to blend her personal style with DVF. One of the things I really like about Alli is that, unlike some of the other girls, she has self awareness. She knows that a lot of her wardrobe isn't high fashion and she admits it, but she is open to Jessica's suggestions.

Chantal: Hanna Beth and Leigh have a great relationship. That's why they're friends. Cat doesn't really have a relationship with anyone. That's why she's jealous.

For the record, Hanna Beth's ex is an actor whose main claim to fame is being a 30 year old guy who keeps getting cast as a high school student on ABC Family and CW tv shows that get canceled (Twisted, The Secret Circle, Ten Things I Hate About You). I think the only reason their breakup was in the tabloids (and I'm guessing these were just gossip blogs, not like the cover of the National Enquirer) is because shortly before their breakup he was on an HBO show called The Leftovers with Liv Tyler and Justin Theroux.

Ugh, these all day photo shoots drive me crazy. You just know that whoever is last on the schedule is going to be screwed. I don't know why Cat thought DVF + punk was a good idea. I was cracking up that Leigh's tropical location ended up looking like a frat house basement. And of course these girls are expected to produce professional looking photos for this assignment by using a point and shoot camera.

I was cracking up that the girls said that DVF is all about color and that Alli's outfit didn't look DVF because hello, SHE IS WEARING A DVF OUTFIT. One of my friends has a really cute black DVF dress (for the record, it's not a wrap dress) and she has worn it to several events.

In Leigh's defense of thinking Sao Paulo has a beach, when I did a google images seach, I found pictures like thisthis, and this (in addition to pictures of Sao Paulo itself). I think the problem is that she was getting hits for Morro de Sao Paulo as well as Sao Paulo.

Loved that Diane gave Chantal her phone number and told her that she would always be welcomed back at DVF. I know this show is fake as hell, but I love Diane and her team. They aren't mean for the sake of being mean. They are professionals trying to show these girls how to be professionals.

Thanks for the insight about HB's ex BF.  I'm always amused at these actors that get cast as teenagers.  The entire cast of Gossip Girl was a laugh, the dude who played Chuck looked like he was straight up in his mid 30's.  I remember thinking "this dude must have been held back like 15 grades, because he is not any sort of high school senior!"  I've never seen any of his shows, and GG was my one shameful guilty CW pleasure.

I think you and Mr. EB are onto something.  Old school cameras are making a comeback, everyone I know now has some fancy pants camera.

I've never been to Sao Paulo, but I thought it had a beach too.  So if I hadn't done a really good google search I might have been that fool.

I really like Diane and her team too.  And I wouldn't have thought I would.  I like that Jessica took the time out to try to help Alli at all.  There are a lot of other reality shows where someone in Jessica's position would have just given some vague reprimand.  That she went to her hotel room, sat in the middle of her bed in her pink robe like it was a slumber party was really neat.  That entire thing could have gone so so wrong, but it didn't because I think they are both really cool people. Can you even begin to imagine what would have happened if Jessica had done that with Cree?  And it was neat that none of the other girls got their panties in a ruffle about Jessica giving special time and attention to Alli.

I agree that DVF dismisses the girls with such kindness.  What other competition reality show is giving out gift bags to the outgoing contestants?  And poor DVF has to hide her gift bags under a table when she is wanting to get rid of someone.

Wow, DVF's staff really, really doesn't like Cat.  I hope Alli ends up winning it, but I'm prepared to be disappointed.

Cat and Leigh come off so self-centered.  When they were at that event, they both completely interrupted people and spoke over them.  I think either of them could have gone home based on their behavior at the event.

And just word to the wise Leigh, when you're the youngest girl, in a group of young girls that will be working in a company with women that are older, the last thing you want to do is constantly remind them that you're so young and they aren't.  Respond to the complaints that come up, but don't bring it up yourself.

• Love 4

Random stuff that popped into my mind during this episode:

What happened to Cat's belongings when Diane took her back to NYC in the helicopter? Cat wore a jacket to the event. She stayed in a hotel the night before. How did her stuff travel Boston back to NYC? I can't see Diane taking her by the hotel to get her suitcase.

Once again, they send the girls on a mission, completely unprepared. Then show up and complain that nothing is ready. By now, Stefani should know the girls will need a lot of extra time for ANYTHING they are asked to do.

Who decided the teams in Boston (team ugly tiger stripes vs team ugly leopard print)? I can't help but think that somebody deliberately paired Cat and HB together, hoping for some action. It was funny that, when neither of them had other girls to back them up, they made nice.

Disappointing to see Alli picking up some of Cat's behaviors. I have no idea why Alli felt compelled to critique Leigh's behavior. And it was funny that Alli was talking about Leigh crying, and then Alli herself started crying during the whole "why do YOU think you can be the brand ambassador?" chat.

Leigh's giant pink phone case is really really adolescent. I get that it's a cute and funny. However, it's not the kind of thing I'd whip out in a professional environment where everyone's emphasizing how young and inexperienced you are compared to everyone else. It looks like a toy. I hope Diane and her crew never saw Leigh with that thing.

Leigh's performance at the social event wasn't out of self-centeredness, I don't think. Maybe I'm projecting, because I have this problem, but when I'm out of my element with strangers, and then I find something I can talk about, I tend to overdo it. I'm just so glad to be able to participate in the conversation.

Cat's open front dress was a horrible choice. Inappropriate for the event, and did nothing to flatter her bony chest. I feel like these girls need to adopt the general rule of "when in doubt, DON'T have your boobs out."

Hanna Beth seems to be shrinking and disappearing more each week. She seemed very confident at the beginning of this season. Now she's kind of a wallflower, and I wonder what she's even doing there.

• Love 4

With every week my hate for these girls grows stronger. I don't give a flying frick abut the girls outside of their assignments with DVF & Co. I do not want to watch them in bars. I do not want to watch them in cars. I don't want to see them fight. I don't want to see them get a bite. I don' want to see them with a fox. I do not want to see them in a box. 

The sad, but ironic thing here is that most of them are too dense to understand this reference.  Brilliant my dear, brilliant.

• Love 3

Hanna Beth seems to be shrinking and disappearing more each week. She seemed very confident at the beginning of this season. Now she's kind of a wallflower, and I wonder what she's even doing there.

I like Hanna Beth. I think she's really pretty. I like her edginess. Even though she's edgy, she gives off a delicate vibe. It sets off my protective radar. Having said that, pretty much from the get go, I've wondered why she's competing on this show.

She's got her own style that suits her. She's hardly a DVF girl. I kind of wonder what her motivation is.

I was hoping that Cat would be sent home last night. I would love to have seen more of the discussion between her and Diane on the helicopter. I'd really love to know why Diane gave her another chance. What could Cat have said that was that convincing? Ugh. I'm sure it was done on purpose, but I'm still annoyed.

Leigh was out of her league, so I'm not surprised she was sent packing. That phone though. Wow.

Yes, Alli's good at taking criticism and improving her chances in the competition, but there's still something about her that bugs me. Not just her "friendship" with Cat, which I find baffling anyway.

• Love 2

I could forgive some of Leigh's behavior at the party as youth, but I think if you're going to survive in an environment like that you have to learn to ask questions and let the other person speak and finish their answers before you steamroll over them.  It's so tempting to interrupt and talk over people, but I think the message you're really sending is that you're not listening to them, and you're just waiting for them to be done talking so you can say your thing.  The best thing for me, is to really try to actively engage myself and to really listen to the other person and work to find what they are saying interesting.  Even with people that aren't that exciting, there is normally something interesting in what they are saying.

I don't even understand what that phone case is -- but it did look big and pink and plastic.

I mean, in the final analysis, Leigh is only 20.  And I'm a completely different person now than I was at 20, so she will grow and mature and learn.  I wouldn't even want to be 20 again, because that was a tough age.  I certainly didn't have it as together as Leigh and so I'm sure 10 years from now she will be a totally different person.  Heck, even 5 years from now.

I certainly think we missed a lot of 'spalnin on the helicopter ride.  Unless DVF and the producers decided to keep Cat for drama reasons and they didn't want us to know, but I would have like to have at least heard what Diane told her.  But I guess setting up that barely there surprise was more important.

Question though:  When Diane got into the car with Leigh, she was carrying a zippered folio....she got out of the car, but left the zippered folio behind under a magazine.  Was that something diane needed?  It looked like something you put your IPAD and credit cards in!

I honestly cannot listen to the vocal fry and the "like" that punctuates every.single.sentence. that these young women utter.  Makes me beyond stabby. 

I understand why DVF sent Leigh home, and I agree she is too immature to be point-person for a fashion brand, even if it's really just the fakest fake job that ever was faked.  

I admit that I absolutely enjoyed every time Cat was slammed, skewered and verbally stabbed by Jessica & Stefanie. She deserved it, the thieving wench.  Idiot. 

• Love 5

I honestly cannot listen to the vocal fry and the "like" that punctuates every.single.sentence. that these young women utter.  Makes me beyond stabby. 

I understand why DVF sent Leigh home, and I agree she is too immature to be point-person for a fashion brand, even if it's really just the fakest fake job that ever was faked.  

I admit that I absolutely enjoyed every time Cat was slammed, skewered and verbally stabbed by Jessica & Stefanie. She deserved it, the thieving wench.  Idiot. 

I hope that Leigh evolves over the next ten years. I'm sure she will. And yeah, her vocal fry is incredibly annoying and the overuse of "like." Oy.

I wish that they could have done a double elimination with Leigh and Cat. How is it possible that Cat worked as a stylist? She doesn't even listen to people. She talks over others more than Leigh does. While Leigh gets on my nerves, the other ladies acting as if she's still a child drove me nuts. Ladies, none of you is 30. None of you is that much older than Leigh, so shut up already.

I will give Alli some credit for her style evolution on this show. She went from dressing up as a porn set PA to a DVF woman.

RCharter- The pink monstrosity was (basically) a Motorola flip phone-looking cover to put on her smartphone.

Edited by Surrealist
  • Love 2

I barely can stand Cat, but maybe they will repeat what they did with Kier last season + let her go on the last episode to leave the last 2 finalists.... I figured it will be Hanna Beth + Alli to be the last 2 for awhile....Half of me wants to go Hanna or Alli, but then the other half of me sees why both of them may not win individually....Did that last sentence make sense?

Edited by OrientalAmish
  • Love 1

I hope that Leigh evolves over the next ten years. I'm sure she will. And yeah, her vocal fry is incredibly annoying and the overuse of "like." Oy.

I wish that they could have done a double elimination with Leigh and Cat. How is it possible that Cat worked as a stylist? She doesn't even listen to people. She talks over others more than Leigh does. While Leigh gets on my nerves, the other ladies acting as if she's still a child drove me nuts. Ladies, none of you is 30. None of you is that much older than Leigh, so shut up already.

I will give Alli some credit for her style evolution on this show. She went from dressing up as a porn set PA to a DVF woman.

RCharter- The pink monstrosity was (basically) a Motorola flip phone-looking cover to put on her smartphone.

Thank you.  I had no idea what that thing was going for.  I guess its Millennials irony.

I must be the last person alive who just wants a cute phone cover......anything pink with a print on it and I'm sold.  I normally buy my cases for like $10 at some mall kiosk.

I agree that Alli has evolved quite a bit.  She really has taken all the tough critiques to heart.  Even though her boobs were darn near coming out of her DVF dress for the pop up sale, she still managed to look polished and not overdone.  Same with the dinner party.  I think old Alli would have gone for the dress Cat was wearing, but she held herself back and she looked better for it.  And it can't hurt that absolutely everyone on DVF's staff loves her.  

Cat should be taking notes, but I think at this point Jessica and Stephanie's minds are pretty much made up about her and as long as Alli doesn't attack one of them with a crowbar or majorly screws up they will never advocate for Cat over Alli.  I know DVF makes the final call and both Jess and Steph would be forced to work with her pick, I can't help but think that they at least have some say or sway over DVF.

At this point I think it will come down to Alli and Cat....I think HB is a nice enough girl, but she doesn't really stand out enough to be a brand ambassador.  A brand ambassador would have to sell the brand in a variety of locations/situations.  If you have a hard time talking to people, or selling to people at a pop up sale, its going to be a hard fit.

I barely can stand Cat, but maybe they will repeat what they did with Kier last season + let her go on the last episode to leave the last 2 finalists.... I figured it will be Hanna Beth + Alli to be the last 2 for awhile....Half of me wants to go Hanna or Alli, but then the other half of me sees why both of them may not win individually....Did that last sentence make sense?

I'll be honest with you girl...I didn't get it, however, these days I'm not feeling very bright.

• Love 1

No worries because I have been feeling the same hence my last post not making much sense....

No, I honestly feel like it only doesn't make sense because you're much smarter than I am.  It would be like House trying to explain an illness to me (I'm binge watching House right now :)  )

• Love 1

At this point I think it will come down to Alli and Cat....I think HB is a nice enough girl, but she doesn't really stand out enough to be a brand ambassador.  A brand ambassador would have to sell the brand in a variety of locations/situations.  If you have a hard time talking to people, or selling to people at a pop up sale, its going to be a hard fit.

If Cat won then she better adjust her attitude a bit.... Alli does have the overall personality to be an ambassador, but then the thing that is not sure is her style.... Sure, she has evolve to look more like a DVF girl, but I would question on whether she is able to show her own individual style while still maintaining the DVFness.... Ugh, did I say DVFness....Where is my head these days....;-x

Edited by OrientalAmish
  • Love 1

Haha, Diane asks how the girls feel about Chantal leaving and Cat finds a way to make it about herself. What a shock!

When Diane told them about the pop up event, she then said in a talking head that it requires a lot of moving parts and it's difficult, etc. so I do don't understand why she keeps sending them to represent her brand TOTALLY UNPREPARED. It doesn't just make the girls look bad as individuals. It makes the brand and Diane look bad.

Alli was right about how Leigh doesn't have the social grace to know how to approach people. Barging into a tour group and yelling, "EXCUSE ME!" is not going to win anyone over or make them open to taking your fliers. Say what you will about Cat when she's attacking the other girls, but at least she knows how to approach strangers better than Leigh does. I mean, Cat still comes off as a fake bitch complimenting girls in workout clothes but at least her demeanor is slightly less offputting than Leigh's was. As someone who lives in a big city where people are constantly handing out fliers, trying to get you to sign petitions, etc. I totally understand strangers on the street not wanting to deal with someone shoving fliers at you.

Alli said that she waited for Cat until they were almost late before leaving the hotel, so is Cat not staying at the same hotel with them? Or did she leave earlier to go get coffee? I can buy that not alo of the girls are staying at the same place in New York (like if some of the girls prefer to stay with friends or family who live nearby) but on this trip to Boston, wouldn't DVF just get two rooms at the same hotel and have the four girls share rooms? It makes no sense to me why Cat wasn't there and she had to call Uber to get a ride after all the other girls left.

I was cracking up when Stefani said that the sample sale was going to have VIP customers arriving in a few hours. Oh, you mean the VIPs who got handed a flier on the street? There are times when I think these girls (not just this season but in general) have their heads up their asses or are being lazy, but in this case when Stefani said they gave the girls four hours to do something that usually takes two hours, I was like dude, they have never done this before and you clearly gave them NO directions beforehand since they had no idea that they were going to arrive at a room full of boxes until they arrived.

I rarely agree with Cat, but no, it shouldn't be THAT difficult to hang a sign. Usually those roll up signs have a base that you are supposed to hook the top and bottom of the sign to. But Cat, who as we know because she has told us multiple times, was just at a trade show recently and those types of signs are a staple of trade shows of any industry so she of all people should have known that instead of trying to tack it to a electrical pole.

I agree with Leigh though - Cat paints herself as this hardworking always hustling ass kicking reliable employee yet she's the one who showed up late, she's the one who wasted half an hour trying to hang a sign on an electrical pole, and she's the one who wasted time reading a binder out loud (loved Stefani's response: "I know you know how to read."). Thank goodness Stefani was there to whip them into shape and get their asses in gear or they would probably STILL be unpacking boxes as we speak.

Oh, Cat, you clueless hypocrite! "I don't know why Alli and Leigh went to Stefani instead of talking to me!" This is coming from the girl who tried to out Cree to Jessica on one of their first days of work. First of all, they didn't go running to Stefani. They were discussing it amongst themselves when Stefani approached them. But secondly, why would anyone bother to go to Cat directly when they have seen what a passive aggressive bitch she is whenever she is involved in ANY discussion? She denies the truth ("I never said I grew up in Paris!"), gives passive aggressive advice (see: just about every conversation she has had with every girl on the show), gaslights people (accusing Leigh of being obsessed with Chantal and then telling her to calm down). Love that Stefani just told Cat to stay in her own lane. Ha! But Stefani gets demerits from me for saying that Hanna Beth did a full 360. That just means she's exactly where she started, Stefani.

I loooooove that Diane showed up to the sample sale and that she took pictures with the girls in line, showed a customer how to tie a wrap dress, and helped sell stuff.

DAMN IT, I hate that not only did Cat manage to slither her way out of directly being accused of being a bitch but that somehow being called out also managed to get her out of cleaning up after the sample sale. I'm glad that Diane told her that she needs to be a team player and get along with others. Hahaha and I laughed SO HARD when Jessica told Cat that she didn't need a response from her about being a bitch. But OF COURSE Cat still can't keep her mouth shut.

And again I want to ask where the hell the girls are staying in New York. How did Leigh, Alli, and Hanna Beth not know what happened with Cat and Diane for a whole day? No one called her? Not even Alli? And we know that Cat was staying at the same hotel in New York as the other girls because we saw her rooom (which looks just like Alli's) when Cree came over to talk to her. No one knocked on her door that night or in the morning before they left?

High five to Jessica for smacking down Cat about networking. I know it's possible that Cat didn't mean networking but that's the word she used and I loathe both the word and the act of networking. Kind of hilarious that Cat made such a big deal about how she's so confident and professional yet she was the one pouting like a baby because Jessica wasn't paying attention to her.

Whoa, so Alli was repeatly told not to show too much boob but Cat had hers hanging out! I loved that Jessica said Hanna Beth looked like a Sicilian widow in that red dress.

But man, Leigh! She just does not have a filter which I think is partly being young. It's not that she said anything horribly inappropriate but she just doesn't have the self-awareness to know when she's talking too much about herself. Making small talk is not about you - it's about making the other person feel comfortable. Communication is definitely one of her biggest issues. She needs to know when to stop talking and listen. She also needs to stop with the word vomit and learn how to think before she speaks so that she is more impeccable with her words.

Hanna Beth is surprisingly less aggressive than I thought she would be when the season started. I wonder how much of that is due to her breakup. I know that after a really traumatic breakup, I was so quiet for multiple reasons. One of the reasons is that I sometimes felt like I was often on the verge of tears and I didn't want to burst into tears at any given moment. I also tried to be quiet because I didn't want anyone to really notice me, which was a huge change from how I normally was.

Alli did a good job at both events. She was great with the customers at the pop up sale being helpful without being overly pushy or fake (which are my hugest pet peeves with sales people). She had an appropriate dress at the charity event (you know the world is topsy turvy when Cat is showing more boob than Alli) and we've seen that she can talk to strangers without going overboard like Leigh.

I think that one of Alli's greatest strengths is that she seems genuine and sincere (heh, even when that means designing a pink baseball jersey dress). I'm not saying that she is always the sunshine and smiles because we have seen her get mad and frustrated, but she doesn't come off as calculating and fake as Cat does. Leigh seemed genuine too but in a very unpolished way while Alli has enough awareness to know how to behave properly in social situations and how to deal with strangers which Leigh isn't great at (see: handing out fliers and monologuing with models).

The reason I hope Alli wins is that she comes off as a friendly approachable girl. Cat seems very fake and calculated and Hanna Beth is a bit too timid. But what really puts Alli over the top of the other two girls is that DVF's mantra is effortless. She is the only one who looks and acts like it's all effortless. Cat's bleached blonde hair and Hanna Beth's overly goth hair make them seem like they're not effortless in appearance. Personality wise, Cat always seems like she's trying too hard (even when she was chatting with people at the charity event) and Hanna Beth is often too quiet or seems like she's not telling you everything she's thinking. Alli, on the other hand, seems like the kind of person who would throw on an outfit and say, "Let's get mani/pedis and then some mimosas!" in a BFF kind of way.

Edited by ElectricBoogaloo
  • Love 2

I love that Jessica and Stefani can't stand Cat. Of course she doesn't understand why Diane who only sees her for a few minutes and Jessica and Stefani who see way more of her don't like her. I'm a little annoyed that Diane has had two chats with Cat and neither one has sent her home and yet everyone else Diane has talked with went home in their episode.

Leigh had to go home but it's a shame it was in the middle of Cat's "redemption" episode. There was a slightly shady side to Alli in this episode with her dealings with Leigh. So no one was taking Leigh's flyers but they were taking hers even though they were standing right next to each other?

Good thing Stefani was there to get them on track with the pop up shop (30 minutes on a sign you can't even hang up properly?) but I wonder how big a staff she usually has when they whip up a pop up shop in 2 hours?

• Love 2

I love that Jessica and Stefani can't stand Cat. Of course she doesn't understand why Diane who only sees her for a few minutes and Jessica and Stefani who see way more of her don't like her. I'm a little annoyed that Diane has had two chats with Cat and neither one has sent her home and yet everyone else Diane has talked with went home in their episode.

Leigh had to go home but it's a shame it was in the middle of Cat's "redemption" episode. There was a slightly shady side to Alli in this episode with her dealings with Leigh. So no one was taking Leigh's flyers but they were taking hers even though they were standing right next to each other?

Good thing Stefani was there to get them on track with the pop up shop (30 minutes on a sign you can't even hang up properly?) but I wonder how big a staff she usually has when they whip up a pop up shop in 2 hours?

I call BS on this claim, because I'm sure Stefani has more staff that is better trained to run a pop-up store.  But those signs shouldn't have been that difficult.  I've hung them at *gasp* a trade show before, the there is a horizontal top piece that connects to the vertical piece to create the rest of the base.  The entire structure should end up looking a little like "][" or a capital "I." Why these brain surgeons somehow thought the sign was going to hang from the top from thin air is a scooby doo mystery to me.

Did people take fliers from Alli at the same time Leigh was handing them out,or did Alli approach a group of young women while Leigh approached the Paul revere tour which is probably full of families with children on vacation (not going to be able to take time to hit up a sample sale if you're trying to get yourself on the next duck tour, or finding your way over to Mike's Bakery....the most delicious bakery in all of Boston)

Alli said that she waited for Cat until they were almost late before leaving the hotel, so is Cat not staying at the same hotel with them? Or did she leave earlier to go get coffee? I can buy that not alo of the girls are staying at the same place in New York (like if some of the girls prefer to stay with friends or family who live nearby) but on this trip to Boston, wouldn't DVF just get two rooms at the same hotel and have the four girls share rooms? It makes no sense to me why Cat wasn't there and she had to call Uber to get a ride after all the other girls left.

I got the impression that Alli was saying that she didn't buy Cat's story because in the past she has waited on Cat at a hotel and she almost made them late.  And since Cat has this history of running late, it made more sense that she was just late rather than her Uber story.  And I call BS on that too, because I've told lies similar to that, and thats exactly how they sounded.  Although when I made up a reason for being late, I normally worked extra hard to make up for it.  I mean, as we all know Cat does have a place in LA and a place in NYC but I imagine she stays at a hotel with the rest of the girls because it hopefully is much closer to DVF.

here are times when I think these girls (not just this season but in general) have their heads up their asses or are being lazy, but in this case when Stefani said they gave the girls four hours to do something that usually takes two hours, I was like dude, they have never done this before and you clearly gave them NO directions beforehand since they had no idea that they were going to arrive at a room full of boxes until they arrived.

I honestly think that if I had walked into that fairly narrow room with a bunch of boxes I wouldn't even know where to begin or how to set it up.  I wonder if anyone googled pop up stores to see what they normally look like.

Oh, Cat, you clueless hypocrite! "I don't know why Alli and Leigh went to Stefani instead of talking to me!" This is coming from the girl who tried to out Cree to Jessica on one of their first days of work. First of all, they didn't go running to Stefani.

Yeah, they should have definitely gone to Cat first so she could whisper yell at them about how she was a total victim.

And honestly, isn't Cat the one that is always saying that this is a competition?  Why should they go to her first if its a competition.  She didn't go to any of them before stealing their sales.

• Love 1

That whole wide eyed "why didn't they come to me?" is so phony and tired. Cat's pissed because the other girls spoke with Jessica, removing her ability to control the narrative. If Jessica's in the loop, Cat can't bully or intimidate the others, and she can't create the story she wants.

Boston! Some nice shots of my town. I love it when we can see something that's not Fenway Park or Faneuil Hall. 

• Love 4

That whole wide eyed "why didn't they come to me?" is so phony and tired. Cat's pissed because the other girls spoke with Jessica, removing her ability to control the narrative. If Jessica's in the loop, Cat can't bully or intimidate the others, and she can't create the story she wants.

Boston! Some nice shots of my town. I love it when we can see something that's not Fenway Park or Faneuil Hall. 

All I want to see when I go to Boston is the inside of Mike's after I've eaten my weight in lobster rolls.  I almost stabbed a guy on a plane when he tried to make a joke about sharing my Mike's Pastries.  I felt like there was a shot of Faneuil Hall, but I was such a tourist.

One beauty shot of Faneuil Hall, the building itself, and a nice view of  it, too.  But most of the action was in Back Bay--some nice shots of Comm Ave and Newbury St.

I prefer Maria's for cannolis.... :-)

You know, its controversial to say in the North End...but I don't like cannolis.  When I go to Mike's I tend to get their giant cookies, brownies, lemon bars and something they have with chocolate and peanut butter (its been a while).   Their cookies are probably one of my favorite things, they are so big and soft and chewy.  

• Love 1

You know, its controversial to say in the North End...but I don't like cannolis.  When I go to Mike's I tend to get their giant cookies, brownies, lemon bars and something they have with chocolate and peanut butter (its been a while).   Their cookies are probably one of my favorite things, they are so big and soft and chewy.  

You'd be surprised how much difference it makes if they're dead fresh. My kid called me up at work when she was in middle school to ask me to bring four dozen mini-cannoli for a party they were throwing at school the next day, and luckily I worked at the time from an office in Soho and I could actually get to a bakery. Because there were so many on such short notice, they had to pipe them to order for me from fresh shells they'd made for the next day, and wow. I'm used to the shells either being leathery or rock hard, and apparently they don't have to be. Who knew.

• Love 1

I don't think anything these folks will do is going to significantly impact DVF and her brand.  Every task these girls get is specifically designed to put them at a serious disadvantage and test their problem solving skills.  

It's all about how they will roll with it and TRY to work it out.  It's the process, not the results. 

The fashion industry has always understood the concept of "Innovate, or die".   DVF is such a pro and authority, I'll bet all of her peers understand that this goof of a reality show is her way of staying current and in touch with the youth market.   We are always being bludgeoned with the market being geared towards the young & superficial, so she's actually diving in instead of just talking about it, or throwing a half-assed website out into cybespace. 

I'm betting a bunch of DVF's cronies are pissed they didn't think of it first!  

It's like the generations of young women that now actually know who Michael Kors and Zac Posen are, thanks to Project Runway.   DVF is finding a new audience. 

Edited by leighdear
  • Love 2

You'd be surprised how much difference it makes if they're dead fresh. My kid called me up at work when she was in middle school to ask me to bring four dozen mini-cannoli for a party they were throwing at school the next day, and luckily I worked at the time from an office in Soho and I could actually get to a bakery. Because there were so many on such short notice, they had to pipe them to order for me from fresh shells they'd made for the next day, and wow. I'm used to the shells either being leathery or rock hard, and apparently they don't have to be. Who knew.

could have made the difference, I love Mike's but I know those cannoli weren't dead fresh.  The shells on the ones I've had have always been rock hard and I've always found the filling a little too sweet...but I'm not Italian, I just covet most of their pastries....

I honestly cannot listen to the vocal fry and the "like" that punctuates every.single.sentence. that these young women utter.  Makes me beyond stabby.

Yes.  So much yes.  The interns in my office talk like this and it drives me nuts.  

• Love 2

When Diane doles out advice to the young women, I think of Dave Chappelle as the Disco Cabbie in 200 Cigarettes.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6bRqnek7R6E

Like Diane, sometimes the cab driver explains his point in a lengthy manner rather than being succinct. 

Unfortunately, the clip I really want to use to illustrate my point isn't on YouTube. It's the scene where Chappelle's cabbie telling the two women who are fighting over the same man a bullshit story about how he and his best friend were fighting over the same woman, but the best friend wound up choking to death on a piece of food.

Anyway, the above clip sort of illustrates the point. I hope.

Edited by Surrealist
  • Love 1

When Diane doles out advice to the young women, I think of Dave Chappelle as the Disco Cabbie in 200 Cigarettes.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6bRqnek7R6E

Like Diane, sometimes the cab driver explains his point in a lengthy manner rather than being succinct. 

Unfortunately, the clip I really want to use to illustrate my point isn't on YouTube. It's the scene where Chappelle's cabbie telling the two women who are fighting over the same man a story about how he and his best friend were fighting over the same woman, but the best friend wound up choking to death on a piece of food.

Anyway, the above clip sort of illustrates the point. I hope.

All he needs is a french accent and a wrap dress!

• Love 1

Two things:

Why was Jessica securing her hair with two nasty crooked BOBBY PINS at a charity event?

Where did the scratches on Cat's neck come from? They were very visible when they were in Diane's office.

Didn't Cat tell you about those scratches?  Well, she has secretly been dating Nicholas Sarkozy for some time now......given that Cat's great, great grandfather pretty much built L'Arc De Triomphe its only right that she keep company with the French elite.  So anyways, Sarkozy was in town to visit and his wife Carla walks into the room.  Well, since Cat clearly has superpowers, she made herself invisible so there wouldn't be any drama.  Unfortunately though, as she was walking through a wall with her superpowers she accidentally scratched her neck.

• Love 3

On one hand, I'll be over this show if they pick Cat, but on the other hand, I would watch the shit out of a show where Cat and last year's Brittany have to work together as the brand ambassadors.  It'd be like Thuderdome:Wrap Dress!

• Love 3

Hannah Beth's mom was a little unexpected, heh. Hannah Beth looks a lot like her just without all the plastic surgery. I wonder how young she was when she had Hannah Beth. I cut Hannah Beth a lot of slack about not shaking off the elevator incident. I would have been freaked for a long time.

Jessica's consistent hatred of Cat just warms my heart. I know she tried to say it wasn't personal but it so was. Even Cat's parents were like eh...lol On a shallow note, I hate Cat's hair. Why is it always in that stubby little ponytail? Why does her fashion sense end at her neck?

I was disappointed in Alli's performance at the awards because she'd been doing so well and I was hoping she'd knock Cat out of the running. Even though Diane is strangely fond of Cat and I don't know why. If it comes out that she's been a family friend for years I wouldn't be surprised. No one else likes Cat but Diane keeps sticking up for her.

• Love 5

If this show is following typical reality-show fake-out rules, Cat is the winner, and Hannah-Beth's stellar performance means she's out of the running. Hopefully they're just showing us all of Cat's fuck-ups because the producers hate her as much as the rest of us.

Strangely, though, I kind of understood what she was trying to say at the last meeting. Personality disorder aside, she definitely is more qualified to be there than poor Alli, who seems mentally impaired.

Hannah-Beth's mom reminds me of Amy Poehler's character from Mean Girls, except with more collagen injections.

• Love 2
Hannah-Beth's mom reminds me of Amy Poehler's character from Mean Girls, except with more collagen injections.

I would be a bigger supporter of HB... but that damn "up-speak" that she does at the end of her words and sentences, drives me out of the ever-loving mind. It's whiny and sing-songy. 

she definitely is more qualified to be there than poor Alli, who seems mentally impaired.

Poor Alli... I was egging her on... pleading with her to lose the "deer-in-headlight" look and say something. She's got to get over that, no matter what she ends up doing in life. Get a grip and fake your way through it.

Even though Diane is strangely fond of Cat and I don't know why. If it comes out that she's been a family friend for years I wouldn't be surprised. No one else likes Cat but Diane keeps sticking up for her.

Yeah, even Cat's parents weren't buying her BS! Heh! They were all like "yeah, but you know.. you don't really listen well, so, umm".  And Cat's a bit of an embellish-er  (to put it lightly). But, Jessica did not grab her by the arm and lead her away. She does know this stuff is being recorded, right?? In any case, anybody but her for the win!! Which of course, means she's totally winning this thing. Lol!

• Love 4

I didn't get Cat's tears. It felt like she saw how the tears have worked out for the other girls and decided to go with that. Instead of barely getting out her speech about being innately classy or whatever she was going for, she should have asked Diane who she'd rather have represent the brand: A girl who is still learning about fashion (Alli), a girl who will have to twist her darker edges to maybe fit the DVF brand (HB) or a girl who is the living embodiment of the DVF brand (gag) and is ready to slide right into the position at that second (Cat, according to her). 

I wanted Alli to stand up for herself more when Cat decided that because Alli "got' into fashion only a year ago that she doesn't want this job as badly as Cat who's been dreaming about something similar for years. If the length of experience is what mattered then Diane's crew wouldn't have even let Alli apply. Is there a time limit on when it's acceptable for you to become interested in fashion? Less then ten years and you don't count? Everyone has to start somewhere at some time.

• Love 4