Type keyword(s) to search

House Of DVF - General Discussion

• Start Topic

How many different condescending labels is Jessica going to use on the candidates as she greets them this season?  In this one episode alone, I heard her use 3 demeaning terms when greeting them.  Shucks, I deleted my episode already and I can only remember 2 of the 3 that she used.  One was "come closer CHILDREN", another one was "hello my little PETS" and the other one was just as disparaging for a group of adult candidates to hear.  Perhaps Jessica was just cutting to the chase, because I am seeing some of them acting like children already?  Even if that were the case, I think it is very unprofessional, and actually quite rude for someone who promotes herself as a polished executive.

Likewise, I also thought it was very unprofessional of Stephanie to comment to DVF about it being a personal smack when DVF did not like Ally from the Valley's board.  WTH?  I never would say anything like that to my direct manager, especially in front of others, especially lower ranked staff. 

Uggh, just reliving this as I type makes me wonder why I am even watching this train wreck for another season?

I like Diane, but I'm confused as to why she thinks Cat is being assertive? She's obnoxious. I get that women should stand up for themselves and not be silenced, as it were. This isn't what Cat is doing. She kept talking over Leigh and, well, everyone else. I couldn't get over how she thought it was appropriate to dress down Leigh in the way that she did at a public place. I'm not buying that she lived in Paris for seven years either because she acted like the typical first time visitor.

Isn't Leigh the candidate who's been admonished for talking too much? Well, maybe that's why she restrained herself when Cat started rambling on incessantly. Leigh seems to be in a shaky position: either Diane thinks she's not assertive enough or she gets accused of talking too much. It seems like  a no-win situation.

Pj3422 was right about Maytee. I'm pretty sure I remember her being on a season of Model Latina. I caught it by accident one day on some random channel. I didn't even know it existed, but I'm remembering Maytee. I think she discussed being overweight on that show too.

Edited by Surrealist
  • Love 1

I liked Leigh for being suspicious of Cat's family history. Did she really live in France for seven years or did she have a layover in a French airport for 7 hours?

Ha, no kidding! I find it hard to believe that someone who lived in Paris for seven years would pronounce "Arc de Triomphe" so atrociously. Her French grandmother would be appalled!

• Love 3

Once again being loud and rude is equated with being confident. A really confident person doesn't need to talk over someone else or pull someone away that you are talking to. I felt sorry for Leigh because she was in a no win situation. If she tries to talk louder and louder she will be accused of being desperate and rude, if she doesn't say anything she is accused of being too meek.

I used to like DVF and I still like her clothes, but she and her minions are just another variation on mean girls who think the fashion industry gives you the right to be mean to other people. 

What was Maytee thinking saying that they should take pictures for dvf.com? She seems nice, but incredibly dense. That said I would have been fine with a double elimination because Alli from the Valley has almost no style. Then again, Cree's style is a bit questionable too, but damn if her illustrations aren't awesome. I wish I could draw as good as she can.

The editing monkeys do a slightly better job of throwing off the viewers as to who's going to be eliminated than on shows like ANTM and Project Runway.

I can't decide if I think that Cat has changed after her chat with Diane. I don't mind Hanna Beth.

Edited by Surrealist

This show is such a paradox to me.  There are times I feel like DVF shows moments of great insight with which I agree, and then there are times that they seem like a bunch of mean girls encouraging the toxic behavior of girls like Brittany and Cat.  DVF was spot-on in her assessment of Maytee being nothing but empty platitudes with no substance, though.  I hate that sort of pageant talk and endless repeats of "I want this more than anything" without any efforts whatsoever to educate yourself about the field you claim to love.  

I do like Jessica though.  She tends to say what I'm thinking.

And Cree's design was an atrocity.  As far from DVF as you can get without being a varsity letterman's jacket. 

• Love 3

DVF was spot-on in her assessment of Maytee being nothing but empty platitudes with no substance, though.  I hate that sort of pageant talk and endless repeats of "I want this more than anything" without any efforts whatsoever to educate yourself about the field you claim to love.  

I agree that Maytee came across as if she were competing in the Miss America pageant. Nothing she said had anything to do with why she went on this show, unless it was to get additional exposure. For which reason(s) I don't know. To draw attention to the fact that she has a fashion design degree? She was on Model Latina and did runway for some time. I guess she's trying out different fashion industry careers to see which one actually sticks.

And Cree's design was an atrocity.  As far from DVF as you can get without being a varsity letterman's jacket.

When Michael Herz told Maytee that there are reasons certain design ideas shouldn't and don't come into fruition, I thought that statement applied to Cree's monstrosity too.

Sometimes Diane seems a bit too sympathetic to the contestants who are straight up assholes. It must be some kind of strategy because the assholes rather change their attitude. This is why I like Jessica because she'll pull these young women aside and tell them what's up.

Edited by Surrealist
  • Love 2

Ha, no kidding! I find it hard to believe that someone who lived in Paris for seven years would pronounce "Arc de Triomphe" so atrociously. Her French grandmother would be appalled!

I just watched the most recent episode. I never watched before, but DVF doesn't look like she spends too much time invested in getting to know these girls. Also,,I thought Cat told DVF she grew up in England and Connecticut, not France.

I thought Cat told DVF she grew up in England and Connecticut, not France.

After Diane announced who got to go to Paris, Cat said, "Parlez vous francais? Paris is my second home. I grew up in Paris. My family's there. My family's French. My grandmother's French. I lived with her for seven years."

Ha, am I really supposed to believe that Cat had this epiphany and is going to stop bulldozing and interrupting? I was cracking up over her "je voudrais champagne" with the waiter. It also sounded like she said "dos" (instead of "deux") after she and Leigh asked for two. Yup, Paris is her second home.

I hate that sort of pageant talk and endless repeats of "I want this more than anything" without any efforts whatsoever to educate yourself about the field you claim to love.

I haaaaaaate when anyone says, "I want this more than anyone else." First of all, there's no way to actually measure that. But secondly, it doesn't matter how much you want something if you suck at it. I don't think that Maytee was an evil reality show character or anything, but she did come off as a ditz. In three episodes, she said nothing of substance.

I misheard the "torch of freedom" dress as "torture freedom" dress. How was Maytee's dress a three in one? Chantal is lucky that Maytee's dress sucked so much because I'm pretty sure a blazer with feathers on the bottom is not DVF. Alli's jacket was all wrong for that jersey material. Despite this, at least Alli has enough awareness to know that Diane asking her and Maytee to come with her after such a terrible evaluation was not a great thing. Unfortunately, her awareness does not extend to dressing herself. Thank goodness that Jessica was there to give her feedback because the dress she ended up wearing was event appropriate and flattering.

Although I agree that it was a terrible idea for Maytee to interrupt people to take photos at the event, I wonder why Diane wasn't bothered by Cat "interviewing" Anna Wintour during the first episode. To me that was equally inappropriate and obnoxious.

One thing I will say is that I feel bad for Maytee having everyone pronounce her name incorrectly. In this episode alone, I heard May-tee and Mie-tee. At least Alli pronounced her name correctly!

• Love 3

I'm glad that Maytee went home because her voice was like nails on a chalkboard, never mind the fact that the lights were on but nobody was  home.

I also raise an eyebrow almost every time one of these girls claim that it's been their lifelong dream to work for DVF. DVF has never screamed youthful and fashion forward to me. I'd think that there are so many more exciting companies to work for. Perhaps it's the faintly lingering cache of the now played out wrap dress, I don't know.

• Love 1

After Diane announced who got to go to Paris, Cat said, "Parlez vous francais? Paris is my second home. I grew up in Paris. My family's there. My family's French. My grandmother's French. I lived with her for seven years."

"My grandfather fought with Napoleon and built the Arch de Triumph."  (deliberately spelled wrong)

I think DVF is still a power player in the industry, particularly in her work with the CFDA, even if her designs are no longer making headlines.  Lots of designers who were at their peak during the 70s, 80s, or 90s have settled into a lucrative business of providing a strong brand to their target customers.  With DVF, Armani, Michael Kors, even Betsey Johnson- they don't make headlines any more because their respective "looks" are well established, and each new collection is a variation on that brand, but they know their customer and cater to her.  In reality, it's a lot more profitable and stable than the designer-of-the-moment, who pulls big press but may not be able to translate the success into something sustainable.

A young woman starting out in the fashion industry who really knew and loved the business and had a modicum of intelligence would be smart to want to work at DVF.  That said, these are not those girls.  I suspect their attraction is that she happens to be the one doing a competition reality show in fashion at the moment, and not much more.

Edited by Shibori
  • Love 3

What was Maytee thinking saying that they should take pictures for dvf.com? She seems nice, but incredibly dense. That said I would have been fine with a double elimination because Alli from the Valley has almost no style. Then again, Cree's style is a bit questionable too, but damn if her illustrations aren't awesome. I wish I could draw as good as she can.

The editing monkeys do a slightly better job of throwing off the viewers as to who's going to be eliminated than on shows like ANTM and Project Runway.

I can't decide if I think that Cat has changed after her chat with Diane. I don't mind Hanna Beth.

I could see what Maytee was going for.  Sometimes you're rewarded for taking initiative and bull by the horns....whatever.  And I think for the most part she might have gotten away with it if:  a) she could give some substantive responses other than "but I want it so much!" and b) if she hadn't actually interrupted an interview and c) she had a slicker explanation.

I just can't with Hanna Beth....maybe because she looks like Helen from PR and I have a burning hate for Helen....and she cries....just like Helen

This show is such a paradox to me.  There are times I feel like DVF shows moments of great insight with which I agree, and then there are times that they seem like a bunch of mean girls encouraging the toxic behavior of girls like Brittany and Cat.  DVF was spot-on in her assessment of Maytee being nothing but empty platitudes with no substance, though.  I hate that sort of pageant talk and endless repeats of "I want this more than anything" without any efforts whatsoever to educate yourself about the field you claim to love.  

I do like Jessica though.  She tends to say what I'm thinking.

And Cree's design was an atrocity.  As far from DVF as you can get without being a varsity letterman's jacket. 

I think the production team probably realizes that they still need drama for a reality show and so they allow Cat and Brittney to stay and be catty because it creates drama.  But I think that Maytee was not really all that interesting as a personality on reality TV so they had no problem with DVF telling the truth to her and about her.  I think its cute that DVF has to hide her gift bags under a table so she can avoid a freak out.  I wonder if she has one in the trunk of her Bentley in case she needs to fire someone in the car.

I mean really, DVF is hiring an employee, who cares if she wants it a lot.  So does everyone else.

Cree's design was really, really bad, and I really, really like Cree.  I actually think Maytee's design could be a winner for some designer/somewhere.  But I think it has to be a value conscious customer.  And I don't know if thats really who DVF is shooting for.  But maybe a company like Charter Club or something would like a 3 in 1 dress that is reversible.  Michael's point about sweating in it all day was a little ridiculous to me, because I don't think you would reverse it in the same day, but clean it before wearing the other side.

• Love 1

Cat is a total fake. She's not going to change herself completely because of one conversation with Diane in the car. I also noticed that this time she said she grew up in England and Connecticut. I thought she told Leigh she lived in France for 7 years with grandmother? Yet she acted like she never saw the Eiffel Tower.

Jessica lurking in the background watching the Cat and Leigh fight was hilarious. Keep lurking Jessica. I love you.

I think they only kept Cree around because of her weird "physic" bullcrap (makes for good tv!) and because she's a good illustrator and they could probably use that later on.

Maytee fucked up big time at the party. I loved the exchange between her and Diane where Diane said she interrupted Betsy Johnson's interview. "No, I didn't. I said 'excuse me.'" That's still interrupting! LOL. She also said a whole lot of nothing every time anyone asked her anything. At some point you have to stop with the canned pageant answers. And stop with the "this three in one dress has never been done!" How do you know?

If DVF.com wanted pictures of the event on their site I'm pretty sure they would have had a photographer there. They probably did.

• Love 3

I saw the part where she told DVF she grew up in England. How does he contradict herself like that? There are only so many childhood years...

Cat is a total fake. She's not going to change herself completely because of one conversation with Diane in the car. I also noticed that this time she said she grew up in England and Connecticut. I thought she told Leigh she lived in France for 7 years with grandmother? Yet she acted like she never saw the Eiffel Tower.

Jessica lurking in the background watching the Cat and Leigh fight was hilarious. Keep lurking Jessica. I love you.

I think they only kept Cree around because of her weird "physic" bullcrap (makes for good tv!) and because she's a good illustrator and they could probably use that later on.

Maytee fucked up big time at the party. I loved the exchange between her and Diane where Diane said she interrupted Betsy Johnson's interview. "No, I didn't. I said 'excuse me.'" That's still interrupting! LOL. She also said a whole lot of nothing every time anyone asked her anything. At some point you have to stop with the canned pageant answers. And stop with the "this three in one dress has never been done!" How do you know?

If DVF.com wanted pictures of the event on their site I'm pretty sure they would have had a photographer there. They probably did.

Cat is a classic "one-upper,"  whatever the conversation is about, whatever the subject is, whatever anyone is discussing she has a story or a way to "one up" everyone in the conversation.  Busy talking about France?  Well, Cat lived in France, for like 7 years, and her great great grandfather has his picture in the Arc d'Triomph, and she once climbed the Eiffel Tower all by herself.  Busy talking about how your background prepares you for the job?  Well, Cat has styled all the famous people you've ever heard of and she grew up around diplomats and dignitaries so she knows all about the high life.

• Love 1

"My grandfather fought with Napoleon and built the Arch de Triumph."  (deliberately spelled wrong)

Cat is just a one upper.  "Are you talking about France?  I lived in france, my family lived in france, my grandfather was napoleans right hand and is the second guy on the left in the arc.  My great, great, great grandmother did Marie Antoniette's hair and was her best friend.  Did I tell you about that time I climbed to the top of the Eiffel Tower when I was 5?"

"Are you talking about how your background can help you in this job?  My father worked for the president.  My great, great great grandmother was Dolly Madison's best friend.  I grew up around dignitaries and diplomats.  I'm comfortable around the upper eschelon of society because thats all I deal with.  I styled Justin Bieber, I styled everyone famous.  Also, I have a place in New York and a place in LA because I'm just so privileged.  I mean, that pretty much beats your background, right?"

Maytee fucked up big time at the party. I loved the exchange between her and Diane where Diane said she interrupted Betsy Johnson's interview. "No, I didn't. I said 'excuse me.'" That's still interrupting! LOL.

That was genius. Or really, the opposite of genius.

Cat is a classic "one-upper,"  whatever the conversation is about, whatever the subject is, whatever anyone is discussing she has a story or a way to "one up" everyone in the conversation.  Busy talking about France?  Well, Cat lived in France, for like 7 years, and her great great grandfather has his picture in the Arc d'Triomph, and she once climbed the Eiffel Tower all by herself.  Busy talking about how your background prepares you for the job?  Well, Cat has styled all the famous people you've ever heard of and she grew up around diplomats and dignitaries so she knows all about the high life.

Going OT for a moment, I know people like Cat and they're some of the most exhausting people to be around. I wonder how long Cat will last in this competition.

Edited by Surrealist
  • Love 1

Going OT for a moment, I know people like Cat and they're some of the most exhausting people to be around. I wonder how long Cat will last in this competition.

I couldn't agree more.  I worked with a guy like this and conversations in the office would literally disband when you saw him coming around.

I can't imagine Cat actually winning.  I feel like they are keeping her around for drama -- she is just so unlikable 

• Love 1

Ha, apparently we have all had a Cat in our lives at one time! I know exactly what you mean. When people saw this person approaching, suddenly everyone would start saying things like, "Gotta go!" and practically run away to avoid being stuck listening to the monologue of "I'm So Awesome."

Yes, that was totally hilarious! I could practically read the thought bubble over her head.

I'm glad that later when Cat was in the car trying to rationalize her behavior, Diane told her that she should have just told Leigh the name. BAM!

One of the other reasons I don't like Cat is that she is so fake in pretending to like the others. She kept hugging Leigh, grabbing her arm, and generally acting like they were two BFFs on vacation while they were walking around taking pictures last week (taking pictures of the EXACT same things) and then this week she got out her "this is a competition and I'm not going to help you" reality show cliche.

• Love 2

I couldn't agree more.  I worked with a guy like this and conversations in the office would literally disband when you saw him coming around.

I can't imagine Cat actually winning.  I feel like they are keeping her around for drama -- she is just so unlikable 

Hahahahaha. Hopefully he's an ex coworker now. ;-)

I don't even know that I see Cat as one of the two finalists. For now, her drama kind of drives this season. I'm not entirely sure if I think Diane sees any real potential in having Cat work for her. I wonder if Diane's noticed Cat's tales about her upbringing. I keep hoping Diane will call her out on them at some point.

One of the other reasons I don't like Cat is that she is so fake in pretending to like the others. She kept hugging Leigh, grabbing her arm, and generally acting like they were two BFFs on vacation while they were walking around taking pictures last week (taking pictures of the EXACT same things) and then this week she got out her "this is a competition and I'm not going to help you" reality show cliche.

Exactly. While I understand that people don't want to let their guard down too much during a competition, sharing a name or small piece of information like that isn't going to put them at a severe disadvantage. In this particular case, all Leigh wanted was a name.

I think we're going to see another "breakdown" with Cat where we get more insight into who she really is. I'm not talking about the bitchslapping by Jessica. Although I'm glad Jessica's on this show because she has no qualms in pulling the contestants to the side to tell them that they're acting like asses.

To clarify my earliest comment on Maytee, I understood her mindset in wanting to take those pictures. However, if Diane had wanted pictures for dvf.com, then she would have brought someone else in to photograph partygoers. You'd think the contestants would have assumed that that's what Diane would have done. Employers and "influencers" always dole out career advice such as "anticipate needs," "think outside the box, and "take initiative." Some of those would be employees, etc. who want to achieve success might take that advice to heart and use it for themselves. This is what I perceived Maytee as doing. As RCharter mentioned, Maytee thought she was taking the initiative and thinking that Diane would appreciate that.

The reasons I thought Maytee came across as dense is because she couldn't articulate why she was competing in the show (canned pageant responses) and interrupting Betsey Johnson in the middle of an interview. Bad idea.

Then again, as was mentioned in this thread, Cat did the same with Anna Wintour and I'm not sure why Diane didn't take exception to that. I can't figure out Diane when it comes to Cat. To me, it seems obvious that Cat's an unredeemable asshole.

Didn't she also getting a little mad when Leigh wanted to go off on her own and take some of her own pictures of her own things?

The girls reactions to Leigh's return versus Cat's was pretty funny too.

Cat should pick up on how casual Diane was about the name thing. She didn't think it was a big deal or that it would make or break Leigh's standing in the competition.

Yes, Cat got really huffy when Leigh wanted to stop and take a picture of something so Cat said something along the lines of, "Fine, I'm leaving," which left Leigh with the choice to either run after her or wander around Paris by herself. Cat really is a manipulative piece of work. Everything has to be her way or she gets pissy. She really seems to think she can do no wrong. I remember the look on her face last week when Jessica corrected her and said that one dress was named Catherine, not Cathy.  And then Cat tried to argue about it. Yeah, I think Jessica, who actually works for DVF, knows the actual name of the dress. In that situation, as someone who wants to be hired, the correct response was, "Sorry, I must have misheard earlier. Now I know it's Catherine, not Cathy." I swear, some of these spoiled brats act like they toddlers when they aren't told they are the smartest, prettiest, awesomest, shiniest one ever.

• Love 1

Didn't she also getting a little mad when Leigh wanted to go off on her own and take some of her own pictures of her own things?

The girls reactions to Leigh's return versus Cat's was pretty funny too.

Cat should pick up on how casual Diane was about the name thing. She didn't think it was a big deal or that it would make or break Leigh's standing in the competition.

Yeah, it got a little Single White Female for a minute there.  

And of course the way Cat sold it was that Leigh was being stupid for not sticking with Cat since Cat is just sooooo knowledgeable about Paris and it would be helpful to Leigh to hang out with Cat......but then of course Cat says this isn't a competition so she isn't going to help Leigh by giving her a name to the point where she would rather fight in public than give her the name.  

Oh, and don't worry, Cat is the specialist snowflake ever.  Did Cat ever tell you about that time she did everything better than you?

Edited by RCharter
  • Love 1

I would be interested in seeing them actually teaching the girls something, rather than just throwing them in and then being critical. If they had never done an Expo before, how could they possibly be great at it? They should be given guidelines and instructions including product information. Especially in the eye glass industry which has tons of celebrity brands.

• Love 2

I have never laughed so loud or so hard at a show as when Chantal tearfully announced that her mom was 50 and Dianne gave her this look of pure hatred.

It looks like this may be shaping up to be a race between Cat and Alli from the Valley. I don't think Hanna Beth is long for the competition and I'm unsure about what Leigh can do. I'm ok with Cree leaving because even though she was good for calling Cat out on her shit, she couldn't handle anyone else pointing out her flaws. And every time someone asked about her goals it was all about her healing abilities. I don't think she ever really cared about the job itself. She really did take herself out because she knew they were going to eliminate her.

• Love 3

I have never laughed so loud or so hard at a show as when Chantal tearfully announced that her mom was 50 and Dianne gave her this look of pure hatred.

It looks like this may be shaping up to be a race between Cat and Alli from the Valley. I don't think Hanna Beth is long for the competition and I'm unsure about what Leigh can do. I'm ok with Cree leaving because even though she was good for calling Cat out on her shit, she couldn't handle anyone else pointing out her flaws. And every time someone asked about her goals it was all about her healing abilities. I don't think she ever really cared about the job itself. She really did take herself out because she knew they were going to eliminate her.

Ha! Diane looked disgusted. I could tell Chantal's mom wasn't that old just based off that Skype chat.

While I'm sure Cree knew her time was coming to an end, the fact that she felt as though the others hated her probably helped make the decision to leave much easier. Who wants to be surrounded by people who hate you? I, too, felt as if Cree wasn't that interested in this competition. I'm not even sure why she decided to pursue it.

What's funny is that Cat told Cree how much the others hate her, when I'm pretty sure that's how the others feel about her. If not more so.

I really hope this isn't a setup that Cat will be one of the finalists. I'm ready for her to be gone. In last week's discussion, I mentioned that I had hoped Diane would call out Cat for her fibs. Well, the other ladies did that for Diane. Those embellishments about growing up in Paris, blah, blah. Cat has no redeeming personality traits. She's the woman who brags about "keeping it real" while undermining and trashing others. 

Even Hanna Beth, who I kind of liked for a bit, irritated me. I'm not rooting for any of them. They're all petty backstabbers.

I watch for Diane, Jessica, and Stefani.

Edited by Surrealist

That was so funny. I didn't see hatred on Diane's face so much as "did you really just say something that stupid?" That blonde girl was going on about her Mom as if the woman was on the brink of death. What did she say? Something about she's running out of years with her? And she never even realized she'd said that to a woman who is damn near 70 and still going strong. Stupid stupid blonde girl. (There are still too many of them for me to remember her name.)

The back and forth between her and Diane was painful to watch.

"Tell me about yourself"

"What do you want to know?"

"What do you want me to know about you?"

"I don't know. What do you want to know? Can't you just ask me some questions?"

You could just see Diane mentally check that girl off the list.

Cree, Cree, Cree. Did she not know that selling is a huge part of the job? I think she left for both reasons. She knew she wasn't a good fit, and because of that, there was no way she'd win this thing. Cat gave her some good advice. Too bad Cree was unwilling to take any of it in. All she heard was "the girls don't like you" and then she was too busy feeling her feelings to hear anything else. Cat, for all her bragging and self-promotion, is far more savvy than most of those girls. They would do well to stay on friendly terms with her. She could be very useful.

Some of these girls just do not get that this is an extended job interview for DVF. It's not about what a special snowflake you are. First and foremost, it's about whether you understand the brand, whether you can sell the brand, and what you can do for the company. Beyond that, it's about whether you are pretty enough and likable enough and smart enough for them to give you the job. It's not about whether you've dreamed about this job your whole life, or making your mother proud, or how you like to heal people and live in light. Whatever the hell that means.  

But I blame the DVF team for bringing people like Cree in. Part of the interview process should be to glean the candidates understanding of the the DVF brand. And whether they are smart enough to know they need to look the part.

On a side note, does last year's winner lose her position when then choose someone this year? Are they replacing the brand ambassador or adding a second one?

• Love 1

Ha! Diane looked disgusted. I could tell Chantal's mom wasn't that old just based off that Skype chat.

Chantal's mom looked early 40s at best so if I was her I'd be really pissed with Chantal right now. I had to pause the show while I laughed, rewound, watched the moment again, and laughed some more. I'm still laughing about it today.

Who wants to be surrounded by people who hate you? I, too, felt as if Cree wasn't that interested in this competition. I'm not even sure why she decided to pursue it.

What's funny is that Cat told Cree how much the others hate her, when I'm pretty sure that's how the others feel about her. If not more so.

I think Stefani, who is so NY I adore it, put it best when she was like are you here to be liked or to win? You can't pick your co-workers and you're not going to like all of your co-workers. That's just life. Cat had the same game plan. She really doesn't care if they don't like her. She's now operating with the idea to get along with them as best she can until she get rid of them all.

Also I call bullshit on Cree's "no one likes me" plea to Stefani. She's the one that went to Cat and said I heard someone say they don't like me and I know who exactly. And after throwing up to Cat how everyone's annoyed at Cat's habits of talking over everyone & acting superior, she's hurt when Cat flat out says no one likes Cree either. Cree seemed to want to be the one to be the truthteller but can't handle the truth thrown back at her.

Chantal's mom looked early 40s at best so if I was her I'd be really pissed with Chantal right now. I had to pause the show while I laughed, rewound, watched the moment again, and laughed some more. I'm still laughing about it today.

I thought the expression on DVF's face was less about whether her mom was really fifty and more about suggesting that being fifty means a woman is on the fast track to the grave to a sixty eight year old woman. I don't pretend to understand how she thinks, though, so I could certainly be wrong.

Edited by Julia
  • Love 2
Also I call bullshit on Cree's "no one likes me" plea to Stefani.

The fact that she even went to Stefani with that is reason enough to get rid of her. It shows a lack of professional common sense.

There was something very fishy about Cree's little visit to Cat. Either it was filmed in a different order than the way they showed it to us, or it was a producer-driven event. Otherwise it makes no sense for her to go knocking on Cat's door for help.

Also, Hannah Beth's bitchy little "you can be great at drawing but have no style" was so unnecessary and inappropriate.  Classic mean girl behavior, snarking like that, halfway under her breath, knowing that her little crew would back her up. Nobody has thrown her (perceived) weaknesses in her face like that.

• Love 1

This is the episode where I temporarily started to like Chantal, if only for this exchange (I even overlooked her use of the word "literally" because the content made me want to give her a high five):

Cat: No one has asked me a single thing about me.

Chantal: We don't need to ask because you literally just keep talking about yourself. It's like you come into the room and you want to be the center of attention. And you speak over people and -

Cat: I just want to say one thing.

It's like every time Cat is told that she interrupts and talks over people, she is programmed to do it immediately.

I also got annoyed when Cat said that Cree was supposed to have a "lesbian moment" at the bar. STFU, Cat.

Bless Alli for encouraging everyone to just have fun. Y'all are at a bar so act like it!

Hanna Beth has annoyed me on and off in previous episodes but she also got points with me for pointing out that Cat lies and exaggerates. I am so glad that Chantal and everyone else remembered Cat saying that she grew up in Paris. I LOVE the editors for showing Cat denying that she ever said she grew up in Paris and then cutting to flashback footage of Cat saying, "Paris is my second home. I grew up in Paris." HA! Apparently they hate her as much as I do. Of course, then Chantal stomped my temporary good will towards her into the ground with her ridiculous discussion with Diane. Your mom is (allegedly) 50? Sheesh, she's about to draw her last breath!

I also liked that Hanna Beth said that she doesn't go around bragging to the other girls about her clothing line and social media following, unlike Cat who has a one upping acecdote for every statement made by anyone in earshot. I also liked that Hanna Beth is aware that she's not good at talking to people and that practicing her pitch on the sunglasses out on the street would be good practice for the vision expo. But then of course she had to ruin my good will with her bitchy remark about Cree's drawing skills vs. her other skills.

Cat, on the other hand, has NO awareness (of herself or others) at all. Even after being told multiple times that she comes off as an annoying know it all show off, she still had to throw in that she's done an expo so she feels confident about her skills. It would be one thing if she said she had done an expo and then offered some tips or insight or anything at all useful but nope, she just used it as another opportunity to passive aggressively tell the girls that she is awesome.

And she couldn't understand why Cree decided to approach people on her own. First of all, when you are approaching strangers on the street, one on one feels more personal. If four people come running up to you at once, it feels more like an ambush. Plus Cree probably knew that if she was anywhere near Cat, she'd never get a word in edgewise. Cut back to the group of girls talking to one person and Cat interrupting the girl who was offering them feedback. Cree got bonus points from me for saying, "Do you want to hear to me talk or do you just want to feed me words that will sound better for you to take in?"

And poor Cree. She just wanted to go out and have drinks and Cat had to bring TEH DRAMAZ. First of all, Cat was being a whiny insecure bitch when she called Alli and Hanna Beth to ask them to come meet everyone else at the bar. Either they weren't invited in the first place or they were invited and they explained that they couldn't come because they already had a date with the male models. Either way, it was rude and inconsiderate of Cat to then call them and beg them to come because SHE felt uncomfortable. And as Cree said, she just wanted to have a drink and relax but instead she got "Lesbians behind me, crazy person right here, straight people right there."

When Cat said that it felt like high school over again, she had no one to blame but herself. She's the one who acts like an immature high school girl who is trying soooo hard to impress everyone. She keeps saying she can change (she JUST said this in the last episode) and now she's saying it again. What are the chances that it actually happens this time? I'm going with slim to none, as evidenced by her "I just did an expo but God forbid I have any experience." No, Cat, God forbid that you communicate ANYTHING to ANYONE without sounding like you're trying to one up them. There is a way to say things and share information without sounding like a condescending bitch.

I also hated how obviously fake Cat was with her high pitched "Hi, baby!" and hug when Cree came to see her. Ugh.

It is so stupid to give these girls tasks and then let them flounder to figure it out. When they say things like "We should do research to find out as much about these glasses as we can before we go to the expo" and "We need to figure out how to set up our booth at the expo" it's clear that they are given no preparation or guidelines and they are expected to sink or swim. I'm not saying that sunglasses or a booth are rocket science, but no employee would be sent to an event like that without training or instructions or at the very least talking points about the different styles. If interns at a real company were sent to setup a booth, marketing would have given them a diagram showing them where to put everything. But this is like last season when the girls had to set up a luncheon and pick out tablecloths and accessories - it's just nonsense that people without any knowledge of these things would be entrusted to make such decisions.

One thing I like is that Diane brought Chantal into her office, not because she was at the bottom, but because she just wanted to get to know her a little bit. And even when Chantal started acting as blank as Maytee, Diane gave Chantal the option to ask her questions since she couldn't think of a damn thing to say about herself. I mean, as terrible as Maytee's bad pageant answers were, at least she was saying words instead of just mirroring Diane's question back to her. Chantal finally got started on a track that Diane liked (wanting her mom to retire) and then she lost her again with this "50 years old means you have one foot in the grave" garbage. I mean, if she had a terminal or degenerative illness, then fine but 50 is really not old. Heh, unless you're 20.

What was with Leigh's blush this week? It looked like she spackled it on with a trowel.

Edited by ElectricBoogaloo
  • Love 2

Cat is so awful its almost getting amusing.  She doesn't think she is self-centered, yet the first thing she does is call HB and Alli in the middle of their date and pretty much demand that they come to the lesbian bar because it will make her feel better.  In spite of the fact that they both said numerous times that they were in the middle of a date.  If she didn't feel comfortable going without two people, she didn't need to go at all.  But Cat's needs and whims are much more important than what everyone else is doing.  I guess that she needed to "talk" with everyone in the middle of a bar that everyone went to for Cree.  The additional fact that she would think that her "talk" with the girls needed to be done in the middle of a night that was about someone else entirely is just ridiculous.  It really is all about her, all the time.  Oh, you thought you were gonna have a fun night trying to troll for dates for your friend?  Not if Cat's around!  Than you all must focus every ounce of attention on her.  While she exhibits the very behavior that makes you hate her.

I just can't with her.

Cree was equally ridiculous.  How can you expect to be a brand ambassador but basically not represent the brand?  I do think it was sort of mean of the girls to stick Cree with Cat, because I might have been driven off a cliff too.

Hanna Beth annoys me -- in fact they all kind of annoy me.  She is the one constantly crying over this guy she apparently cheated on.  And Leigh's skin is looking pretty bad right now, I'm guessing thats why she packing the makeup on.

I take that back, Alli from the Valley is growing on me.  She takes criticism well, and is the only one really willing to roll her sleeves up and do some work.  She is great at selling (I'm sure the optometrists couldn't have cared less if the glasses had a day long or lifetime warranty, they were going to buy whatever she was selling), she gets along with everyone, and seems to have a sense of humor about herself.

DVF's face when she learned Chantal's mom was 50 was priceless -- I'll be shocked if Chantal goes much further.

Edited by RCharter
  • Love 2
She doesn't think she is self-centered, yet the first thing she does is call HB and Alli in the middle of their date and pretty much demand that they come to the lesbian bar because it will make her feel better.  In spite of the fact that they both said numerous times that they were in the middle of a date.

Alli was the one who lost points we me on that.I'm one of those people who thinks it incredibly rude to take phone calls from your girlfriends while you're in the middle of a date. 

Alli was the one who lost points we me on that.I'm one of those people who thinks it incredibly rude to take phone calls from your girlfriends while you're in the middle of a date. 

I don't know how reality TV works, but I would think that you might be required to take calls from fellow castmembers/crew while taping.  I'm of the same mind though in that I normally don't answer my cell phone when I'm out.  But in the event I did take a call, I would be pretty steamed if, after I told the person I was out, they kept going...and then strangely insisted that I meet them someplace.  

• Love 1

I can't decide if those male models were easy going/good sports or just wanted to be on tv, but they seemed pretty nonplussed about the whole thing (Alli answering her phone on their date, going to a bar to meet their other friends, standing in the corner while the girls fought, and then bringing them drinks).

One positive thing I will say about Cat is that no matter how harsh she was when she told Cree that she is competing for a DVF job so she needs to start looking and acting more in line with the brand, she wasn't wrong. At least when she said all that, she was very specific about wearing colors, etc. I'm not saying that you need to change your entire personality for a job, but if your style and look aren't aligned with the brand, why do you want to work for that particular brand? All I'm saying is that if you are an outdoorsy kind of girl who wears LL Bean and flannel shirts year round, then you probably won't be a good fit for, say, Kate Spade and all her bows and hearts. There's nothing wrong with either but it seems silly to apply for a job at a brand that has a very different style and aesthetic.

Edited by ElectricBoogaloo
  • Love 1

Cat for all her experience and recent trade show success didn't think of mirrors in the booth?  Baby girl, if you are reading this: Glasses,Jewelry, scarves - all need table mirrors.  Clothes need full length mirrors.  Shoes - floor mirrors.

Cree was phony and needed to go.  HB is showing her inner bitch with the Cree-yonce and drawing comments. 

The others are followers.

Did love the comment about not having enough time with mom left because she's 50. hahaha.  That needs to be a gif.

I only watch for Diane.

• Love 1

Diane is a goddess, to be sure. And you just know that she's laughing her head off inside. who could take these empty headed, vapid twits seriously?

I thought the expression on DVF's face was less about whether her mom was really fifty and more about suggesting that being fifty means a woman is on the fast track to the grave to a sixty eight year old woman. I don't pretend to understand how she thinks, though, so I could certainly be wrong.

I laughed so hard at this. Diane has some serious comic timing. Sob, sob, I won't have much more time with my elderly mother. Why, she has one foot in the grave! Honey, its not 1715, its 2015. A fifty year old woman has a decent life expectancy. I can't fathom why she's overcome with emotion every time she talks about her mother. I mean, its sweet that she appreciates her and that they're close, but really? You're so moved by the fact that your mother, you know, raised you, that your eyes fill and you can't control your weeping? Get a grip, girl.

I can't stand any of these ninnies. I don't turn in to root for anyone. Just to see who is going to cover herself with the most chagrin this week. HOW can they be so clueless? Cat is just an abominable person. Utterly self centered, ill-mannered and tactless. I do hope she will go down in flames.

• Love 4

Just caught up on the episodes thus far, and have not been disappointed in the incredibly high levels of self-absorption, vapidity, delusion and vocal fry! Welsome back, Di!  

These girls are carrying that bullshit DVF banner for all they are worth,  I just wish production would spend a little more time on the tasks and the fashion and less on the personal crap.  But just like last year, the show is pretty much ONLY about personal crap. 

As for Cat, I just FF and mute whenever she's on the screen by herself.  She's a ridiculous caricature.   Alli is totally this season's Lenore.  Unpolished, A bit trashy, kinda clueless but a sweet gal that you like anyway.  For Project Runway watchers, she's Kelly.  

I LOVED when Cree told Cat, "I don't need your coaching or advice, you do you and I'll do me".....*LOL*  But she was just an amusement, not somebody to actually take seriously. 

I do like Chantelle, but she has got to tap the brakes on that mommy obsession she's got.  I'll bet if you asked her mom, the woman is ready for her daughter to get a job and quit smothering her!  *LOL*

I must admit it's a bit strange to keep seeing my name used so frequently. ;)   Leigh for a girl has never been popular, but it's kind of nice to see on occasion.   

• Love 1

I...am starting to enjoy Cat. Not that she isn't utterly annoying and I would hate to have her as the merest acquaintance (I probably have had Cats as acquaintances and have blocked them out of my memory). But rather because she at least seems true to herself, however effed up that self is. The others are all starting to crack at the seams and reveal less-than-appealing aspects, such as Hanna Beth.

Maybe it's the trainwreckedness that Cat brings that keeps me entertained at a safe distance. I can see her being among the last three.

• Love 1

I...am starting to enjoy Cat. Not that she isn't utterly annoying and I would hate to have her as the merest acquaintance (I probably have had Cats as acquaintances and have blocked them out of my memory). But rather because she at least seems true to herself, however effed up that self is. The others are all starting to crack at the seams and reveal less-than-appealing aspects, such as Hanna Beth. Maybe it's the trainwreckedness that Cat brings that keeps me entertained at a safe distance. I can see her being among the last three.

I can't stand Cat, but she gives me good snark material.  Rarely is someone both self-centered and completely unaware of themselves.  Its a rare gift.  And she outright lies too?  Reality TV gold.

• Love 2

Chantal's mom looked early 40s at best so if I was her I'd be really pissed with Chantal right now.

It really isn't always possible to tell how old someone is by how they old look.  But 50 is not exactly old.  Maybe Chantal's mother is ill or something?  I mean, it didn't sound like it from what Chantal was saying, but who knows.

Edited by proserpina65

I only hate watch this show and think that every person associated with it is a horrible person. 

That said, Leigh has no chance because her skin is so bad. Sorry. She is otherwise lovely. But it is a basically a modeling job. DVF wants a pretty mannequin who can talk and "be the brand." The brand doesn't have acne scars.

• Love 3

It was clear for me that Alli from the Valley was given and told to wear the clothes she did for the photo shoot.  From the previews I hope Cat goes home next.  If I was Diane, I wouldn't pick any of these girls to be a Brand Ambassador.  I know I shouldn't be shocked but still I am at the amount of crying these girls do.   Is it a requirement to be on this show that they can cry at the drop of a hat.  They are given a little bit of critique and the waterworks start flowing.   The only bright spot I have is watching when Michael comes on the screen during the challenges.

Edited by Crucial
  • Love 1