Type keyword(s) to search

House Of DVF - General Discussion

• Start Topic

I DVR'd this episode and I was going to watch it, but after reading the comments here, never mind.

This show is just bad. It probably seemed like a great idea on paper. Get some fashion-minded, attractive 20 somethings and have them compete for an exciting opportunity at a prestigious fashion house. But good grief is the execution of the concept off base. The cast is immature and forgettable, the "challenges" were poorly defined (if at all), the prize is as vague as can be, at no point do I feel like I'm getting a real behind the scenes look at the inner workings of DVF, and Diane and her team come across as completely bitchy, which kills any sort of aspirational vibe they may be trying to create. Everything is bad, but not bad enough to be awesomely bad/love to hate. The producers of this show screwed up from go.

• Love 3

While I totally agree that Diane should cut her losses and pick no one, that obviously isn't going to happen now that Diane already announced "I should pick no one" in this episode. It would be totally anticlimactic to drag this on for more episodes just to have her again reach the same conclusion. So clearly one of these hamsters will be getting some sort of redemption arc soon. My money was initially on Amanda, but now I'm guessing that Lenore will be the last one standing, with some sort of modified lesser prize where they'll say she's going to "start from the bottom" but in reality squirreled away for some massive Henry Higgins-ing before she's allowed to represent DVF in any capacity.

Edited by Stella MD
  • Love 1

hahahahahaha, this whole episode was so clearly a producer set up and fake fake fake from beginning to end, that I could do nothing but sit in awe. The last minute assignment to the Hamptons (really? they took the trouble to rent a house but didn't think to have staff there?), the "dead phone", the annoyed actresses, Jessica's chagrin, the "party", the "mess" the next day. Tequila? where did that come from? when you rent a house does it come with booze? (I've never rented a house in the Hamptons, so I genuinely don't know).

Brittany and Kier going out to the deck to have a spiteful little bitch fight while clients were there was the funniest and cringiest thing I've seen in a while. You will never get a job if you don't know how to behave. (Bubbetv and Electric Boogaloo, I cosign every word of your posts!)

I still love Lenore. Her absolute astonishment at, well everything makes me laugh. And she seems like an absolute darling. Yes, she's rough around the edges but she knows it and is willing to learn.

• Love 3

If we got to plot the next one, I'm wishing Britty-poo would try smacking down with Lenore. Let her get all that gang-stah outta the knock-off bag.

At Lenore.

Genovese.

From Staten Island.

Who grew up next to the Bonanos. And Profacis.

...or mebbe I'm just tweaking because Sons is almost done....gotta lay off the coffee....

• Love 2

Brittany knows better than to engage with Lenore. In classic bully style, she goes after the people who have shown their vulnerability.

Jessica's "meltdown" at the house was ridiculous. She was as bad as any of the girls. She knows damn well that she should never, NEVER show discomfiture in front of a client. Just brazen it out and act like nothing is wrong. Or apologize charmingly, offer to make it right, and open another bottle of wine.

And those dumbass girls should have just fallen on their swords, apologized all over the place without making excuses, and gotten to work. "I am so sorry Jessica! It won't happen again. Now, what do you need me to do?"

• Love 2

While I totally agree that Diane should cut her losses and pick no one, that obviously isn't going to happen now that Diane already announced "I should pick no one" in this episode. It would be totally anticlimactic to drag this on for more episodes just to have her again reach the same conclusion. So clearly one of these hamsters will be getting some sort of redemption arc soon. My money was initially on Amanda, but now I'm guessing that Lenore will be the last one standing, with some sort of modified lesser prize where they'll say she's going to "start from the bottom" but in reality squirreled away for some massive Henry Higgins-ing before she's allowed to represent DVF in any capacity.

I have to wonder what the contract between DVF and E! looks like — I mean, did she sell her friggin' soul for this show? Diane is nothing if not a great businesswoman, and the number one most important thing she needs to look after is her brand. Hiring any of these clearly inadequate young woman to act as brand ambassador would be a terrible reflection of the DVF brand. Hell, her company is already coming across as incompetent, as they appear to have entrusted major events — the media event and the press lunch, and now this VIP styling session in the Hamptons — to unprofessional amateurs at the last minute. And I say "appear to have" as these scenes were clearly orchestrated for drama's sake, but Diane is still allowing her company and senior staff to develop the reputation of having terrible planning and decisionmaking skills. Taking it one step further and actually hiring one of this incomprehensible crew as a global brand ambassador would absolutely seal the notion that the DVF company is an utter clown show.

It pisses me off because I know a couple of young women who would be more than capable of handling the job of DVF global brand ambassador — they're well-educated, well-traveled, speak foreign languages, know how to behave, conduct themselves with class, are gracious and dignified, and are incredibly hard-working, humble, and intelligent.  In short, they're light-years from the type of vapid drama-queen famewhore that reality TV loves to cast, and for that reason they'd never ever be afforded this opportunity.

• Love 3

WicketyWack you're so right! I've been trying to reconcile this silliness too! Diane said she's creating her legacy story and she envisions it will be about uber generous mentorship and the Pygmalian story.

I think the show decided IT will only sell if it hooks the under 30s women. Even the "socialites" getting styled were a crazy sham! The whole pool party was a bunch of hooey for a blogazine. The one who jumpeed in the pool, Yumi Matsuo, is Kier in 5 years, taking her own fabulous pictures of her fabulous life. Pretty bullshit makes big money.

They do look at Stephanie as, "old" and among the posse there's something for most of them to find familiar. It's good P.R. Because 30 somethings will wear DVF with new relevence- their status in the food chain goes up over the 20somethings they so recently were, and it's silly but there's some selling power in that!

But I think the real stars of the show are Jessica and Stephanie who get a ton of exposure and THEY are the stealth ambassadors for the current shoppers. There's something about each of them that over 30's will want to relate to and emulate.

• Love 1

Legacy?! Man has DVF hooked her wagon to the wrong star. E! is about ratings, nothing else, by any means necessary. DVF should have been savvy enough to realize they would throw her brand AND her legacy under the bus in a hot minute for ratings. 

I'm on Team Lenore, assuming they sequester her away in a bubble filled with wrap dresses and non-snakeskin clutches for long enough to create the DVF-bot needed to take on this job. 

• Love 1

Wow there was nothing likable about this episode at all.  Amanda's phone isn't charged to get the calls - sure.  Brittany and Kier being themselves fighting in front of clients in full view.  Sure Lenore was there.  Amazing that some didn't want the party yet participated with alcohol.  Not one girl (and I'm looking at Brittany because she claims to be this all knowing woman) didn't know to take the DVF dress off the client.  Poorly scripted reality tv.  I blame this being on E! I honestly don't know if the slime that is Ryan Seacrest is a part of this or not but it just creeps of him.  I should check and see after this many episodes but still.  Revamp and move off of E! or anything related to this station and I think it could be a fun reality show.

I agree that someone should have asked the client to take the dress off but who jumps into a pool in a dress that isn't theirs?

Apparently, women pushing 30 who can't accept that they're no longer in college.

Which is exactly why I refuse to honor these morons with the designation of 'women'. These idiots are still young girls, mentally, emotionally, professionally--and foolish ones at that.

• Love 2

Haha, I saw your thread pop up - we must have been posting at exactly the same time!

Brittany can STFU. Her excuse for smirking at Jessica last week was that she has a wall up because she was in an abusive relationship? And her bitchiness is not directed at anyone in particular? BITCH, PLEASE. Your bitchiness is very specifically directed at certain people so quit lying to yourself (and Diane and the audience). Haha, but I love that Amanda saw right through Brittany's "Diane just wanted to have tea with me" story. And of course, Brittany went right back to being a rude bitch as soon as Lenore was eliminated.

Oh, Lenore. She is a pretty girl but so clueless about styling herself. I was cracking up when Brittany asked if Lenore was planning to put that patterned jacket over the patterned sweater and Lenore said she wasn't going to wear the leopard print shoes. Girl, the shoes are the least of your problem right now! All she had to do was take the damn sweater off and she would have looked fine.

I didn't think that Kier looked seductive in her photoshoot. She looked bored and blank. Is she like Posh who hates the way she looks when she smiles?

I don't know why Amanda didn't wash those temporary tattoos off as soon as Jessica asked about them. I HATED her outfit in the photo shoot. The turtleneck combined with the long necklace and the patterned skirt was way too 70s for me, but that's really more DVF's fault than Amanda's since she had to choose from what was there.

Amanda really blew the interview but I felt that, like the VIP shopping challenge, if they weren't given info about the current line vs. the upcoming line, it's not entirely their fault. I also hated that in comparison, Brittany got a total softball question. Who in your life are you grateful for? Sheesh, talk about giving her an easy question.

When Diane said that the car would take Lenore wherever she wanted to go, I kind of wanted her to ask the car to drive her to Hollywood or somewhere farther than Long Island. Interesting that when Tiffani was eliminated, Diane specifically told her that she had a sales job waiting for her at one of the stores, but when Lenore was eliminated Diane said she would set up an interview for her with her sales guy and that if he liked her, she would be hired. Lenore got much further in the competition (and didn't she win the sales challenge?) but she isn't guaranteed a sales job like Tiffani?

After Kier and Brittany told Amanda how useless she is, I loved that Amanda told them that she only had to prove herself to Diane, not to them. That is the right attitude to have. Now that there are only three of them left, Kier and Brittany are joining mean girl forces to pick on Amanda. Seriously, focus on doing a good job and quit worrying about what anyone else is doing. Notice that both times (in the park and on the bed) when Kier and Brittany said Amanda was useless and they had both done better in the competition, Amanda asked them what they had specifically done better and they really had no answer.

I loved that Stefani gave them a lot of feedback on their sales pitches. Brittany is such an idiot. Stefani didn't tell her to "fix her face." She said to stop exuding negativity. One thing that all these girls need to do is watch the footage of themselves on this show (as well as videotape themselves at home) so they can see all of their facial expressions and body language. It's something that's good for everyone to do, regardless of their profession because most people don't realize what they look like when they're talking, sitting, standing, etc.

Amanda has very meek body language in certain situations. The way that she plays with her hair and the way she doesn't stand up straight all scream insecurity. Jessica was right - when Amanda feels confident, her body language is very different. Lenore makes all kinds of faces that are hilarious for me as a viewer but are not cute for someone in a professional situation. Kier makes some really frowny faces that make her look dour and much older than she is. Brittany's facial expressions are very fake looking when she's trying to be nice (aka when she's talking to Diane) but when she is talking to the other girls you see her real facial expressions, many of which are really bitchy, so I see what Stefani was saying. When they were all sitting on the same bed, Brittany was making the same frowny face that Kier often makes. Ha, are they rubbing off on each other?

Also hilarious is that thing both Kier and Brittany did to Amanda in this episode where they say, "I'm not saying _______ BUT" and then proceed to say exactly what they just said that they weren't saying.

In the same vein of videotaping themselves to observe their body language and facial expressions, they should also pay attention to the way the speak, including their grammar. The way you speak colloquially to your friends and even in casual conversation with your coworkers should not be the same way you speak in a professional setting like a pitch meeting. "Me and Brittany designed this" - NO. That's two different grammar mistakes in the space of five words. Of course, this is the same generation that thinks it's okay to say things like "between her and I" and "John and I's anniversary" (although there are also older people who make the same mistakes, it seems so much more common in people who are under 30 these days).

I am so glad that Diane is choosing a winner next week instead of dragging this out for another week by narrowing it down to two people first. Hee, is it wrong that I really hope she just says that none of them win? Make it happen, Diane!

Edited by ElectricBoogaloo
  • Love 4

I saw a DVF Instagram photo (different than others - only one person was featured) a few weeks ago that suddenly disappeared. As much as I fantasize about Diane saying "thanks but no thanks," I don't think it's happening.

I'm one who'd be equally dismayed by any of the final three (or, frankly, any of the whole immature bunch).

Edited by RealityCowgirl

I assume from the editing that we're being set up for an Amanda win, since we watched two separate conversations in which Kier and Brittany piled on about her horribleness like the two wicked step-sisters. But last night highlighted that she's either way too young, or way too low-class (or both) for this job. Who wants a brand ambassador who says 'Me designed a dress', inserts 'like' twelve times in every sentence, stands like a sulky teenager trapped in gym class, speaks in that weird growelling low-class accent that I can't place (South Philly? South Jersey?), and needs a special ensemble to cover up her tattoos??

Honestly, they'd have better luck just hiring the next person who walks by on the street.

• Love 1

Yes! Jessica's shirt masquerading as a dress was almost as much of a fashion 'don't' as Lenore's photo shoot outfit.

I also laughed out loud when Kier was schooled by Stefanie for calling the jumpsuit a 'jumper', and then in the next scene we see DVF herself calling it a jumper. Get your stories straight, ladies.

I remain unimpressed with the DVF line. I'm pushing middle-aged myself and everything looks like it belong on a woman a generation older than me. Guess DVF designs with herself in mind. They should be looking for a brand ambassador at the canasta table.

• Love 8
"Me and Brittany designed this"

That made cringe big time. I started counting the "likes" and gave up after #7 in under 30 seconds.

The thing I find so interesting about this situation is Kier and Brittany are just like Stefani and red haired lady. They are four peas in a bitchy little pod. I don't believe for a minute that red-head has an interest in Amanda. "You're my favorite"? Give me a break. The little pep talks and pointed notes DVF and her minions have given Amanda are to poke and prod and manipulate her bitchiness to the surface, and Amanda is rising to the occasion. Amanda is patting herself on the back for standing up for herself, and for being the "nice" one. Meanwhile, she's acting like a total bitch. Just like everyone else. There was no need for her to break in with that "I'm 21, I've done 3 internships, I went to fashion college, what have YOU done" crap when Diane was asking Brittany and Kier why they should win. That wasn't defending herself, that was straight up rude and inappropriate. Those women are playing her like a violin. Now Amanda has bought into the idea that she's so much more accomplished than the others and it just makes me laugh, because the DVF team is blowing smoke up her butt and sooner or later, they're going to knock her back down again.

For some reason, the boast "I went to fashion college" just makes me laugh my ass off. She's so impressed with herself. Honey, save the bragging until you have a degree.

I remain unimpressed with the DVF line. I'm pushing middle-aged myself and everything looks like it belong on a woman a generation older than me. Guess DVF designs with herself in mind. They should be looking for a brand ambassador at the canasta table.

DVF does have some cute dresses but most of the ones we've seen on this show are not. I think the wrap dresses with collars and long sleeves look much more mature, but the wrap dresses with short sleeves and without collars look much more youthful (and I have seen 20 somethings wearing those). If I were the DVF marketing person, I would have made sure to showcase a wide variety of their clothes on this show but instead we have seen matronly long sleeved wrap dresses, rompers with shorty shorts (the better for working out at the park and on cars after work, per Lenore), high waisted pants, ugly sweaters (or whatever the hell it was that Lenore had on), plain shift dresses, and caftans. One of my friends (who is in her 30s) has a beautiful collection of DVF pieces, none of which look like anything I have seen on this show. It's like they deliberately chose the ugliest and most boring DVF outfits possible for this show.

Edited by ElectricBoogaloo

I think they're aiming for DVF to be a signifier for a certain breed of rich young career woman to fit in to the generation of rich young career women before them, sort of like Lilly Pulitzer for women with day jobs.

Edited by Julia
"Me and Brittany designed this" - NO.

"Oh my!" is all I could say when Amanda dropped that gem... not to mention the 101 "Likes" she kept saying. If I was Diane I'd give all these ladies a shopping bag and send them on their way. I just can't even handle the cattiness and immaturity of these 3. They're all so unprofessional. 

I can't believe they can't find more mature, professional ways to articulate why Diane should choose them over the other two ladies. How about something like.. "We all have positives that make us unique.. But, what I'm bringing to the table is my drive to grow with the DVF brand". Anything... but that back-biting, mean-girl, playground mudslinging they were doing in front of Diane. I can't even imagine sitting in front of a prospective employer arguing with another candidate like that. Ridiculous! 

With all that being said, I believe Amanda probably has the most potential of the three. Diane and her team can mold her into their ideal image. She's not quite as mean as the other two... just kind of petty. I'll chalk that up to her age. 

But, Brittany and Kier will not and IMO can not change who they are, especially Brittany. They're set. Kier would be able to fake it for a little while... but, she's just one disappointment away from an nuclear type meltdown. That was evident to me when she was breaking down on the phone with her boyfriend... and her severe overuse of the phrase "It's not fair".  

I think Kier was brought up in a very different household than mine. In my case my mom taught me at a very early age that life is sometimes not fair... and that you have to keep moving when things don't go your way. I don't think Kier has that foundation. She has probably always gotten everything she wanted... and has never dealt with true failure. She'll be crushed if she loses this opportunity. I have no worries about Brittany. She's too mean not to survive.

• Love 1

So pretty much when Brittany says "Help me to understand" she means "I'm about to say something far more insulting than what I threatened physical violence over a few episodes ago." So cute that she thinks it's her face that needs fixing. Equally cute that Keir thinks "the DVF woman" is going to identify with someone whose undercleavage is on display at work. 

I suspect it's going to be Amanda as well, at this point. She seems to be the only one who has any kind of relevant corporate experience, and I can't imagine anyone at DVF is stupid enough to put either Brittany or Keir in a position where they're going to be dealing with clients. Neither of them has the job yet, and Brittany thinks she can play reindeer games in front of VIP clients and throw shade at Jessica, and Keir thinks DVF wants her to wash the barn paint off her mouth because she needs Keir's guidance to understand fashion. I give it a week before one of them gets into a catfight with a customer. And all of it on TV, so both Jessica and DVF would be basically making a public announcement that they don't even have respect from the interns. 

Edited by Julia
  • Love 3

Yes, Brittany has often acted like a bitch to the other girls, but I think she could be a good brand ambassador. She is more way more confident and poised than the other two in my opinion, as evidenced when she sat at the table during that lunch they "arranged." She also allegedly has a lot of experience as a stylist.

I don't get the impression at all the Kier is used to getting everything she wants. Can't remember what it was, but if I recall correctly she once suggested that she'd come from a non-privleged background.

Finally, Lenore is still in school, I believe, or may have just graduated, but most important, she has a family she can count on, which is why I think Diane only offered her an interview opportunity. Plus there's that accent. Tiffani, on the other hand, has no safety net at all and a deserter mom, and Diane has a soft spot in her heart for the girl, who aside from being younger than the others, has had very little exposure to really nice stuff.

Yes, Brittany has often acted like a bitch to the other girls, but I think she could be a good brand ambassador. She is more way more confident and poised than the other two in my opinion, as evidenced when she sat at the table during that lunch they "arranged." 

The problem I see with Brittany is not whether she can behave well when she feels like it. It's whether she's capable of behaving well consistently when she doesn't feel like it. So far, I haven't seen it. She was told what, yesterday, that her abusive behavior and negativity was going to get in her way, and it took her all of how many hours to get back to bullying? Along with interviewing about how much worse she'd like to be behaving, but she's showing superhuman strength of character and not being blatantly abusive on camera.

If you've ever stood on line at the Whole Foods in Chelsea you know that there's a strong possibility that a person with healthy impulse control would have to make a superhuman effort to deal with some of the customers the ambassador is going to have to be very, very nice to, and her life is not going to be daily thousand dollar lunches and graciously taking credit for other peoples' work. I think if she's capable of that it was a strategic mistake to prioritize trying to back everyone off with the power of her 'tude over showing that side of herself. 

Edited by Julia
  • Love 2

As much as I cannot stand Brittany, I actually agree that she would pull off the ambassador position the best. None of these girls are ideal, but of who DVF had to choose from, I think Brittany could be the best choice. She is mean and horrible, and her threats of physical violence were completely *beyond the pale.* However, I think she is one of those people who would be rude to her coworkers, but effectively turn on the charm for clients and other people she needed to. Plenty of people are awful to coworkers and do a 180 when clients are around. Brittany was just to dumb to wait until the cameras were turned off, I guess. 

And she also seems to look the best. She doesn't coat her face in terribly-done makeup and she seems to know how to dress herself. 

Pretty bad when Brittany looks like the best choice though... 

Amanda grates on me. I can't put my finger on why. She just makes me cringe. 

Edited by wovenloaf
  • Love 3

To me, Amanda has seemed like the very definition of basic bitch. She has been bland and inoffensive, mostly because she wasn't a heinous bitch or straight up crazy. In that sense she kind of reminds me of Jamie Chung when she was on The Real World: San Diego a million years ago. She was around so when I saw her, I knew who she was but she wasn't the one getting thrown in the drunk tank or freaking out about boats or making "Free Randy!" signs or hooking up with her roommates so sometimes I forgot she was even there, but then I would see her in the background and think, "Oh, right. Jamie is still there." Amanda's best attribute is that she isn't Brittany or Kier. She doesn't come off as a delusional know it all bitch, unlike the other two.

Of the three girls who are left, I would rather hang out with Amanda because you know the other two would be high maintenance drama queens who would find something to passive aggressively (heh, or regular aggressively) get in your face about. I don't have the tolerance level to deal with people like that anymore.

• Love 1

Wow, they really set up Lenore to fail and be booted.  From the impossible "interview" questions to Jessica and Stephani berating her and Jessica incessantly screeching  "Do you think this is a game?".  Uh, yeah actually it IS a game, you obnoxious harridan.  

I tend to agree that Brittany seems to be two-faced enough to be able to carry off the job.  She can absolutely kiss ass with the clients and then turn around and stab co-workers in the jugular, just like regular folks in the fashion biz. 

I also think Kier is equally talented in that respect, so for me it's a draw between those 2.  Amanda is just a non-entity in this fake game of fake women and a fake job. 

• Love 4

Yes, Brittany has often acted like a bitch to the other girls, but I think she could be a good brand ambassador. She is more way more confident and poised than the other two in my opinion, as evidenced when she sat at the table during that lunch they "arranged." She also allegedly has a lot of experience as a stylist.

But the problem with Brit is that, were she to get the supposed job (I still don't believe that job actually exists and is a possibility for these twits), she'd simply be putting a good face on for clients and likely be her bitch self to her co-workers and anyone she perceives to be under her. You know--the kind of co-worker everyone hates and with good cause. The type who's sweet as pie to Diane the becomes the bitch from hell with everyone else. This is not a scenario for success either for her or her job. People aren't always that stupid and it wouldn't be hard for customers, other professionals to see through what would be an act.

She wouldn't last, IMO.

• Love 2

As much as I cannot stand Brittany, I actually agree that she would pull off the ambassador position the best. None of these girls are ideal, but of who DVF had to choose from, I think Brittany could be the best choice. She is mean and horrible, and her threats of physical violence were completely *beyond the pale.* However, I think she is one of those people who would be rude to her coworkers, but effectively turn on the charm for clients and other people she needed to. Plenty of people are awful to coworkers and do a 180 when clients are around. Brittany was just to dumb to wait until the cameras were turned off, I guess. 

And she also seems to look the best. She doesn't coat her face in terribly-done makeup and she seems to know how to dress herself. 

Pretty bad when Brittany looks like the best choice though... 

Signing on to your entire comment. I've always thought that, even though she's not necessarily the nicest person to her co-competitors, Brittany knows how to step up in the professional settings.  She also has the poise and polish for such a presumably public role. Kier comes in at a close second for the same reasons. 

And let's be honest. Does anyone really doubt that the fashion and beauty industries aren't already full of such personalities? Heck, I've seen enough from Jessica and the dark-haired one from DVF (I'm sorry, I am completely blanking on her name) to know that Brittany and Kier would fit right in just fine. Even Amanda, with her quiet  underhanded ways (remember how she swiped the client in the sales challenge?) would be okay, she just doesn't "present "as well as Brittany and Kier. She's pretty mousey and milquetoast.

I stared at the TV when the girls were grilling Brittany about her meeting with DVF. Beyond the fact that she didn't get fired, what exactly were they expecting her to say? "Oh, Diane thinks I'm the greatest thing since sliced bread", just buys you haterade and potential backstabbing from the other girls. " Oh, Diane just tried to rip me a new one", well, why would anyone admit THAT to their competition? 

It's her eyebrows. 

I had to laugh at the last minute attempt for House of DVF to put a positive spin on Amanda. They are all bad choices. For the girls, doing this show was a bad choice. For DVF herself and company, doing this show was a bad choice.

• Love 2

I assume from the editing that we're being set up for an Amanda win, since we watched two separate conversations in which Kier and Brittany piled on about her horribleness like the two wicked step-sisters. But last night highlighted that she's either way too young, or way too low-class (or both) for this job. Who wants a brand ambassador who says 'Me designed a dress', inserts 'like' twelve times in every sentence, stands like a sulky teenager trapped in gym class, speaks in that weird growelling low-class accent that I can't place (South Philly? South Jersey?), and needs a special ensemble to cover up her tattoos??

Honestly, they'd have better luck just hiring the next person who walks by on the street.

I cannot believe that none of these "fashion experts" is noticing how low rent and borderline ratchet Amanda is. Never mind her absolute inability to form a coherent, grammatically correct sentence, but the copious amount of bronzer she has troweled on, and that brassy brassy blond hair! My god, she looks like one of the slutty chicks who hang out at the pizza joint in your hometown. (any hometown, any pizza joint). They kept focusing on Lenore's Staten Island accent, but she was bright, willing to learn, loved fashion and didn't look like she needed to be tossed into the shower and scrubbed down with a wire brush.

Wow, they really set up Lenore to fail and be booted.  From the impossible "interview" questions to Jessica and Stephani berating her and Jessica incessantly screeching  "Do you think this is a game?".  Uh, yeah actually it IS a game, you obnoxious harridan.  

I tend to agree that Brittany seems to be two-faced enough to be able to carry off the job.  She can absolutely kiss ass with the clients and then turn around and stab co-workers in the jugular, just like regular folks in the fashion biz. 

I also think Kier is equally talented in that respect, so for me it's a draw between those 2.  Amanda is just a non-entity in this fake game of fake women and a fake job. 

Poor Lenore. She could not win. Really, she's not a model. Help her be her best, that's what a mentor does. I felt terrible for her, but her inner class showed through. She may have a Staten Island accent, but she is a lady. I hope she goes very very far. I want to read her memoir some day.

Brittany is so horrible and hateful. Kier is plastic and shallow. Amanda is low rent and unintelligent. They should all lose. And Diane should fire Stephanie and Jessica while she's at it. Sheesh.

Edited by Pepper Mostly
  • Love 4

I think either Brittany or Kier would be a great choice for a Conde Nast job (except for that pesky needing to earn a living thing, and the fact that Kier has breasts), but for this job?

Maybe, if they'd been smart enough to keep their powder dry, but they've painted targets on themselves at this point. Jessica and Steffani (or however you spell her name) did the heavy lifting to get to where they are, and I don't doubt for a minute the people who were above them when they started made them crawl, and getting to make the new girls crawl is a perk of the job. And even if the girls could get past them,  there are an industry of women just like them out there who would be lining up to put whichever one of them got the job in her place. How long do you suppose either of them would be able to deal with that before doing something to get themselves fired? 

And that's before the customers get their hands on them. We're talking about women who are willing to pay four figures for a jersey dress because that jersey dress means they're special. A younger, more attractive women who isn't rich or important and who thinks the rules are for other people? Might as well rub catnip on them and toss them in an alley. Again, I give it practically no time before they get fired.

But then, I don't imagine either of them did this to actually get the job. I get the impression that this job is way too small for either Kier or Brittany, and that this is their shot at building their brand on TV.

Edited by Julia
  • Love 2

Brittany is the only one who looks like she'd fit in at DVF.  Kier looks like a bottle service girl - someone that Tiger Woods would hang with.  Amanda  looks like a try hard - maybe in a few years she'd fit in.  Right now, maybe try Kohl's.  I could see Lenore at DVF Outlet at Woodbury Commons.  I thought Diane offered her an interview with the head of home sales which I'm taking to mean the DVF home collection line.  Since Diane doesn't think Lenore has style but does have sales skills, that makes sense.

Ah, but the problem I still have with Brit and Kier are that, at heart, they're both entitled bitches who would have trouble playing well with others. Would anyone in their right minds, people who maybe have real fashion chops and cred really want to pay attention to these wannabes? Imagine either one of them should an underling (or superior, come to think of it) either makes a mistake or questions a dictum from them? 'Wouldn't be pretty. As my daddy would say, these girls don't seem to have long legs when it comes to a career, let alone a career.

Too young, too inexperienced, too entitled, too self-absorbed, too clueless.

• Love 2

When Diane said that the car would take Lenore wherever she wanted to go, I kind of wanted her to ask the car to drive her to Hollywood or somewhere farther than Long Island. Interesting that when Tiffani was eliminated, Diane specifically told her that she had a sales job waiting for her at one of the stores, but when Lenore was eliminated Diane said she would set up an interview for her with her sales guy and that if he liked her, she would be hired. Lenore got much further in the competition (and didn't she win the sales challenge?) but she isn't guaranteed a sales job like Tiffani?

Tiffani was offered a retail sales job in a DVF shop; Lenore was offered an interview for a gig in the DVF home sales division. So it's the difference between working in ground-level retail at DVF and working in DVF corporate.

I was sad to see Lenore go, though it was inevitable. Now I'm on Team Amanda by default, since I can't stomach Brittany or Kier. But for all of Amanda's "corporate experience," she's so utterly amateur when it comes to presentation (all the aforementioned grammar mistakes, her rampant 'like...'s, etc. were cringeworthy). For Diane to be gushing about what a great job she did presenting was so beneath her. Diane actually said "each one of these three could be a brand ambassador" which makes me think she is ether suffering from early onset dementia, or the world's most flagrant bullshitter who has sold her soul to her contract with E!. This whole sham just reeks of desperation. For her to watch all their petty bickering and STILL go forward with hiring one of them as a global brand ambassador is incomprehensible.

Brittany and Kier are unlikeable, vile and horrid, and of course because I can't stand them, clearly one of them is going to win. That's par for the course for me and reality shows. 

Edited by WicketyWack

DVF does not look good either way you take this episode. Version 1: DVF a is willing to compromise VIP shoppers by making this bunch of crazies responsible for their shopping experience so the train wreck could be filmed or Version 2: the VIPS shoppers are asked to perform like monkeys and essentially lie to viewers so the train wreck could be filmed. EITHER a way DVF a treated those clients very poorly. Yup, that really great exposure for the brand. I'm LESS a likely to purchase DVF a due to this nasty show

Season 1 comes to a close with everything the hopefuls have been working for getting put to the test at DVF's exclusive New York Fashion Week event, during which Diane makes her decision about the new Brand Ambassador.

Diane dances.  The ugly big green Bentley (I think) returns.  Diane forgets her tequila.  I forgot my tequila.  An appearance by a Kardashian half sister.  WTF happened to red's hair???  Who knew Stefani was so short? 

The return of the other candidates.  They all run straight to the booze.  Kier remains a bitch.

Amanda's hair is like a Barbie doll and that's not a compliment.  A very ugly crier. Happy Dianne rejected Kier first.

Thank dawg Kier didn't win.  Insufferable twit.   Gums, garish make-up and implants.  Perfect blogger.  (And what was all that pouting of seeing her fellow bloggers and having to seat them like she's the help?  Um girl, you *are* the help!)

Brittany was the best choice of the lot.  Hope she dials back the bitchy entitlement.

• Love 3

DVF @DVF  ·  Dec 14

Leonore like Tiffany has a job at DVF and they will shine ! Who now will be the brand ambassador ? #HouseOfDVF @DVF @eonline love Diane

Guess Lenore was hired.  In the new photo on the DVF website, Lenore almost looks like a different person.

House of DVF retweeted

Lenore Genovese @lenoregenovese  ·  Dec 14

I GOT THE JOB

Edited by Lola16

Season 2 - Apply now!

http://vpe.tv/houseofdvf/

DIANE VON FURSTENBERG IS LOOKING FOR SMART, DRIVEN AND HARD-WORKING WOMEN WHO APPEAR  20 TO 25 AND ARE  INTERESTED IN LEARNING THE INS AND OUTS OF THE FASHION INDUSTRY ON E!’s HOUSE OF DVF.  

This coveted position allows to travel the world living the jet set life, represent the DVF brand at cultural happenings, store openings, premiere fashion & events and contribute to philanthropic endeavors. It is an amazing experience, a once in a lifetime opportunity, learning everything from design, marketing and PR from a visionary and powerhouse designer!  

We’re searching for bold and business savvy young women, who are sophisticated and polished with a great sense of style, and ready to learn.  

Applicants must be ambitious, creative and posses a passion for the fashion industry!

APPLY NOW AT: DVFcasting.com