Type keyword(s) to search

S02.E06: Parental Guidance

I agree John shouldn't be ashamed to say he came on the show for the money. He needs it for law school, plus it's a reality TV show! Chance of actually finding your soulmate are pretty slim, matchmaking notwithstanding.

Layton is nuts. I'd be really freaked if he turned out to be my match. Same with the man-ho Anthony. Yuck! I do not se the appeal. Just knowing he'll bang anything that moves is a huge turnoff.

Who knew  Layton was such a psycho?

Me! From almost immediately. I commented on the last ep that he was very creepy. He gives off seriously scary misogynistic vibes. I hope whoever his match is never actually contacts him after this show. I'm afraid it's gonna be sweet Ashley, which makes me even more weary.

These people don't even seem to be trying to get the matches right. Did they all just come here to fuck and vacation with no thought towards winning the money? Idiots!

They've only shown Anthony have sex with Jessica and Jenni, right? In this ep it seemed like he has slept with many more of them. I'm surprised we haven't heard more about that.

Edited by peachmangosteen
  • Love 1

Who knew  Layton was such a psycho?

Me! From almost immediately. I commented on the last ep that he was very creepy. He gives off seriously scary misogynistic vibes. I hope whoever his match is never actually contacts him after this show. I'm afraid it's gonna be sweet Ashley, which makes me even more weary.

And me! I feel basically this same way, peachmangosteen, including the part where I'm afraid his match is Ashley. He said something once about how her being a virgin was appealling to him, and it grossed me out... he just gives me misogynistic and VIOLENT vibes, and I read a virgin-fetishism type of weirdness there, too.  Ashley (anyone) deserves better than the type of guy who thinks a girl kept herself pure for him, and that's the kind of dude I feel Layton is.  The way he was disgusted with Jenni's announcement of blowing Anthony (which was, actually, kinda gross to announce, but his commentary was a little too angry), and the way he obviously never took Scary Jessica seriously as anything more than a human fleshlight... yeah. Layton sucks. And I feel that it's likely his match is Ashley, or maybe Ellie, who I also just want better for, because she is the best thing about this season. 

Edited by missalanny
  • Love 3

These kids did not watch last season. Are they even trying to figure the matches out logically? Silly me for even asking that. This cast makes last years peeps look like MENSA members.

Poor Ellie, I was sad that Anthony wasn't her match. Oh, and Jenny is not that cute. I find her annoying boring. I hope her eventual match is the dorky guy with the big ears, the one who was all stalkerish over the matched blonde chick.

These kids did not watch last season. Are they even trying to figure the matches out logically? Silly me for even asking that. This cast makes last years peeps look like MENSA members.

I agree that last year's cast seemed smarter. I remember thinking they seemed at least smart enough to try to use logic, and was confused by how they didn't seem to be doing that, so I asked Ryan Devlin on Twitter if there were restrictions on them, like say - are they banned from making a damn spreadsheet? He responded, saying they tried really hard to figure it out every night, but were usually drunk while doing so and didn't retain much of their work in their heads from day to day. Anyways, even among this current cast of dingdongs, there has to be at least one that is trying to use logic (my guess is John).

I'm actually even more annoyed with them this season, with the whole "I'm a lifelong player but have inexplicably fallen deeply in love with this girl I just met" crap... just play the game, kids! 

Edited by missalanny
  • Love 1

Actually it was obvious last year. When they split a episode to two parts, it was clearly because they needed to extend the episode order to ten. Otherwise, they would have been a episode short.

I'm trying to figure out how unlikely it is that they could get no matches, not once but twice.

Even without trying, you'd think they'd stumble on a match or two.

Although this kind of confirms my hunch that the so-called exhaustive scientific matching was really the casting people just putting together whoever they thought were good matches.

Q: if any of you actually went on a show like this (for fun), would you ever be able to persuade a parent to go along? Not in a million years for me!

There is seriously no discussion among  the cast about who the possible matches could be. I remember last season someone who kept a notebook and they were constantly strategizing. This season they just keep fighting and being annoying. Also jess is really pissing me off. Like get a freaking clue layton is so hung up on jenni and yet you are so obsessed with him. Get mad at him, like her anger is so displaced. 

It's just so funny to watch these shows over, like a 15 year timespan. So many things never change. MTV obviously never changes in terms of who they choose to be on these shows (and of course even though he's kind of a dick, I'd do Dario anytime, anyplace, anywhere). Ellie seems to be the fat girl (by MTV standards) that nobody wants.

I guess I watch these shows with the awareness that the under-30's are getting younger and younger emotionally; things that used to be common knowledge in high school seem to be things that now aren't understood until graduate school...I don't know if that's because fewer young people have time to date or if the Internet is preventing kids from developing normal social skills that are needed to learn how to date and develop the ability to have some self-awareness.

These contestants on this show need to be about 10-15 years older. You don't know about your mistakes and what your 'perfect match' is and the qualities you have to offer are until you've had that time to get out there and get kicked around a little bit. That kind of self-awareness before 30 or 25? Give me a break. These 'perfect matches' will no longer be on speaking terms after six months.

Yet I still watch. Hmm...

I totally agree, the level of immaturity is simply appalling. Also I totally agree with you Dario is ridiculously attractive. I have no idea how more of the girls are not crazy about him. He is so so super fine. 

Also I totally agree with you Dario is ridiculously attractive. I have no idea how more of the girls are not crazy about him. 

The even crazier thing to me is why so many of them are attracted to Anthony and Layton. Especially with Dario in the mix. Idiots!

Edited by peachmangosteen

The even crazier thing to me is why so many of them are attracted to Anthony and Layton. Especially with Dario in the mix. Idiots!

Definitely Layton, he is 50 shades of crazy. He is not good looking enough to go start fights for and he clearly has anger issues. Like you see how easily he loses his cool and that makes you want to go be with him? That would scare the crap out of me, I would not want to be alone with that man. Also I would not be shocked if Anthony single handily started a std epidemic in the house.

• Love 2

I'm on board with you, Missalanny, that Layton and The Virgin are bound to be a match.  Layton makes a lot of judgey noises about people having standards, and religious people can usually be assumed to have some standards.  I'd like to see what the Truth Booth (asinine name) would make of that pair.

• Love 1

Also, we may not be the audience MTV is looking for, but I for one would like to see less yelling and more drunken spreadsheet making. Anyone else?

Me too!

Especially since they keep getting all of the things wrong.  After watching this episode and seeing them get everything wrong again, I took out my logic puzzle chart and told my DH who I think should definitely be paired together for the next week. He rolled his eyes at me and said that would only work if the people in the house had a chart.  They should have a chart!  If I was on the show, I'd make a chart...which is probably why I'm not on the show...

• Love 2