Type keyword(s) to search

S02.E03: Tale Of Two Husbands

I watched the first season of this trainwreck and swore I wouldn't watch season 2. Well, out of boredom I watched tonight's episode. An hour of my life I'll never get back. These people are the most miserable couple I've ever seen. They DO deserve each other.

All they do is cry, whine, fight and complain. I feel sorry for their kids for having such narcissistic parents.

• Love 8

Tori sits around whining about not having money and Dean cheating. Not a minute to spare to parent her children. Did Tori really think that taking her daughter to a cheerleading class was some huge accomplishment? I continue to be amazed at how utterly selfish she is. Most parents manage to take their children to activities without expecting a parade.

I wish Dean had the balls to take the kids and divorce her psycho ass. Isn't there some wealthy older woman who needs a sleazy sex addict to keep her company? I'd love to see that.

How many illnesses and migraines can two people have? Lord.

Tori needs to stop acting like she doesn't have the paparazzi on speed dial.

Good for Charlie for refusing to be on camera with her. He really dodged a bullet.

Now I'm off to watch some quality TV: Prison Wives Club

Edited by charming
  • Love 15

Dean goes for a bike ride, something that he really enjoys and that helps him with his battle against depression and addiction? Well, too bad, he needs to be supporting the family, because clearly it's one thing or the other.

Tori is just now realizing that she dumped a caring, nurturing guy who made her feel secure, and that it hurt him to hear that she'd never loved him?

Charlie and Mary Jo should go get celebratory tattoos together.

• Love 13

I truly hate this bitch & quite frankly, having to constantly hear "babe? You okay?" Every waking moment would drive me to drink. Tori does not stop riding him every minute of every day. She is so fucken needy!!

• Love 15

My take on the baked potato fight was that it was staged and scripted, of course. But beyond that my immediate reaction was that Dean was just doing what husbands and fathers do--try to swoop in and save the day and be the hero. Just a guy thing. But Tori perceived it as him trying to show her up and be better than her--kind of a weird leap in logic.

Not that I'm defending Dean, I'm team nobody, except those cute kids. Take your baked potato fight out of the kitchen so the kids don't have to watch your dysfunction.

Edited by JasminePhyllisia
  • Love 10

I have to say (probably a minority position) I really feel sorry for Tori. She is so terribly needy and insecure, and I suspect her "poor little rich girl" upbringing did her no favors. I find Dean very unappealing, but even the best partner in the world can't "make" you happy when you have so much misery and self-loathing inside. God help those kids!

• Love 2

JESUS! Dean LOOKS at her differently and she questions it! She's so sick! We are litter ally witnessing a true nut case! If she farts a different tone, do they sit down and anylize it? She is the biggest bitch! Dean is in a living hell!

• Love 10

Tori sits around whining about not having money and Dean cheating. Not a minute to spare to parent her children. Did Tori really think that taking her daughter to a cheerleading class was some huge accomplishment? I continue to be amazed at how utterly selfish she is. Most parents manage to take their children to activities without expecting a parade.

I wish Dean had the balls to take the kids and divorce her psycho ass. Isn't there some wealthy older woman who needs a sleazy sex addict to keep her company? I'd love to see that.

How many illnesses and migraines can two people have? Lord.

Tori needs to stop acting like she doesn't have the paparazzi on speed dial.

Good for Charlie for refusing to be on camera with her. He really dodged a bullet.

Now I'm off to watch some quality TV: Prison Wives Club

They. Have. Money.

• Love 2

I have two tips for these idiots:  1) Take a day off from "working on yourselves" and think about someone else for a change - 2)  Tori - if you are microwaving potatoes for small children's dinners at 8:30 pm, even if the potato turns out perfect - YOU ARE DOING SOMETHING WRONG!

• Love 14

Ok. Tori tells DEAN she hears about his demons a lot and she doesn't want it to be an excuse for him? Just wow. Since she can spout this it tells me someone has told her this about herself, but she uses it on him. Not to defend Dean, but she is just awful.

• Love 3

Dear lord, is this show even for real? They are just too much. I literally howled out loud when dean was in bed with a migraine. What is wrong with these people?? Me, me, me, you make me feel, I feel, and on and on and on ...... Soooo much me time and self reflection/moping, pity party. I can't take it. The baked potato fight was absurd - tori really is impossible to deal with and somehow makes dean look better/more rational.

• Love 6

Oh dear sweet jesus. They never stop. They never stop thinking about themselves, they never shut the fuck up. I guess this is what happens when you out two narcissists together.

As someone said up thread - Dean comes off slightly better. Not much, but a tiny tiny bit. She is horrific and a freaking nightmare. He can't take a shit without her thinking its related to her and their relationship. Absolutely exhausting.

• Love 8

I don't think she actually met with Charlie, even off camera. I doubt after how he was humiliated he would have any part in a storyline to drive up ratings for the two of them.

• Love 1
I don't think she actually met with Charlie, even off camera. I doubt after how he was humiliated he would have any part in a storyline to drive up ratings for the two of them.

I thought the same thing, Thula!  I really wondered if she is just making it all up and Charlie hasn't heard from her in years.  I hope part of her money troubles is that she paid him a lot of money in the divorce.  I find myself googling Charlie just because I want to know he is okay.  I hope he is married and having a wonderful life now!

• Love 2

I started cracking up when the two of them were in the kitchen having another Very Serious Conversation, and the lizard Dean was holding was just staring at him while he was blabbing on. I started imagining the lizard saying, "what you on about mate?" in the Geico Gecko's accent. Then the lizard started staring at Tori when she was blubbering back. They should give the lizard subtitles.

• Love 15

I lol'd at your comment jenh526 that would have been hilarious.

Dean knew exactly who he was marrying, in fact he (claims) he amused himself to her when 90210 was on.  Tori has a down-to-earth side to her but she is also the ultimate pampered Hollywood princess.  If he thought it wasn't going to be all about her, all the time, he was delusional. 

Being Tori's friend must be exhausting. They have to listen to her whine all the time, help her with her kids etc. I would do anything for my friends but it has to be returned as well. 

I know Dean is a douche but I really get the feeling like he doesn't want to be on camera & is doing this to appease Tori. He constantly seems uncomfortable. The baked potato scene was insane. He did nothing wrong & she takes everything the wrong way. She complains about how hard it is to feed the kids & take care of them. She's not working, how hard is it? Most mothers work full time jobs, do their own cleaning, cooking etc. She then doesn't want Dean to get a vasectomy, knowing she could get pregnant again. I don't get it. I would go nuts being around her.

• Love 9

Oh lord I forgot about the massive bags full of more crap from Office Dept. Yes that will solve your organization, clutter and hoarding issues for sure. How can one person be so freaking delusional?

• Love 1

Dean literally has a demon in his head. Literally. Maybe it's the cause of the migraines & they're contagious!

I think most of this is planned & scripted. Every so often I think they show themselves for a split second & they're enjoying every moment of the drama that is making them some money. I don't think they're as miserable as they're selling. I imagine their real lives are so horribly boring that the cameramen would fall asleep filming them.

Microwaved baked potatoes aren't that hard to cook. Could that not dream up a different fight to stage? Of course the caring friend used an example of what, a cucumber? Maybe it was a potato or a banana & they decided the banana was just a stupid idea. I have always wondered if those as seen on TV (literally!) microwave bags for potatoes work.

I wish I knew the lizard's name. Have they ever said? I'm definitely a fan. He seems wise & thoughtful. Notice how he observed so calmly. Team lizard all the way!

Edited by ramble
  • Love 2

O-M-G. Tori is really a nightmare. It's gotten to the point where I even feel a little sorry for Dean and I hate Dean. Ass that he is, no one deserves being subjected to Tori's endless, joyless, self-absorbed martyrdom. The most hilarious part of her constant moaning about how she feels is her saying that she needs to learn to express her feelings and take care of herself instead of being so focused on taking care of Dean. Tori never stops talking about her feelings; she's focused 2 seasons of this show on her and her feelings while her 4 small children run around in the background hungry, stressed out, and confused. I know that she has multiple nannies IRL, so I can only hope that they are just off-camera, ready to whisk the kids away when Tori starts having one of her breakdowns.

As long as I don't think about the kids, this show is pretty hilarious. Tori is so OVER THE TOP RIDICULOUS and tragically unattractive that it's comical. Dean cracks me up with his "I wonder whether I could get away if I gnawed my foot off..." expression every time Tori starts up with one of her whiny tirades while he tries to guess how she wants him to respond to whatever she's sobbing about. It's also funny when he tries counter-strategies to wrest the spotlight from Tori like when he preemptively "got a migraine" in an attempt to cut her post-Charlie meeting breakdown off at the pass. Bonus points for using Tori's own patented "conveniently timed migraine" tactic against her, but Tori was having none of that and didn't even acknowledge his "migraine" before launching into the meltdown she had planned over how bad she feels for treating Charlie like shit with the added twist of making passive-aggressive digs about Charlie being a better man and her babies being the only reason she doesn't wish she had stayed with him. They really do deserve each other. I think Dean has it worse, but he deserves that as a punishment for how he treated his previous family and as payment for the lifestyle and fame upgrades he's gotten out of the deal. 

Being Tori's friend must be exhausting. They have to listen to her whine all the time, help her with her kids etc. I would do anything for my friends but it has to be returned as well. 

I'm thinking that she has to be paying the "friends." Courtney, at least. Who is that chick and how does she have so much time for Dean and Tori and their kids? Doesn't she have a job or her own family or something? She also seems like she's auditioning for a sitcom in every scene. She's always in full hair and makeup and she has this "peppy, funny BFF" thing going on that doesn't ring true and bugs the hell out of me. I know Mehran has been Tori's friend for a while, so I believe that relationship is real, but I think he's involved in helping her run her businesses or something, so he's getting a check out of the deal at the end of the day.

Edited by TheRealT
  • Love 8

It's telling that Bill and Scout, the "guncles" from her other shows, are no where near this. Can you imagine their two children having to deal with Tori as a godmother?

I do have to say I am glad Stella has a weekly escape from all this. She seemed genuinely happy while at cheer class (while Tori looked bored and miserable the whole time), and I think she's suffering the most inside, mostly because she's not showing it. Liam is acting out and gaining weight, Hattie and Finn don't seem completely aware of it. But Stella hardly ever smiles anymore and I'm sure Tori's "I don't want Stella to have problems like I do with my Mom" thing is putting a lot of pressure on her. Tori mentioned that so many times in her books, and I always thought Stella was more or a prop than anything when compared to Liam. The same goes with Finn. Finn is her prop to remind us they have this "special bond". 

Otherwise, not surprised by much in this episode. Dean finding out one of his group from the rehab center committing suicide didn't strike me as authentic. He tried to act upset by it, but he just seemed so casual about it, The same with Tori questioning if Dean was alright. The only time I thought he showed true emotion was when Tori bought the weekly whiteboards to write out their schedules and he said he didn't want to let her know all that. Why? Because he's been skipping meetings. 

Tori, oh boy, is she really hitting the point where she needs actual professional help. I used to like her. I still wish she'd realize she needs to be that way again. What the hell happened?

• Love 1

I've pretty much followed each of their shows, from when she was pregnant with Liam (...I hang my hang in shame).

Here is another thing about them that has been nagging at me:  Just how they got to this point: i.e. renting this big house in Encino, doubling up the kids in bedrooms; and clearly making the den (built in wood cabinets that look very office like)  the master bedroom. Point being the whole house is topsy turvy, and clutter issues aside, this place seems so temporary and an illogical step for the needs of the growing family. Are they just renting this place just for filming ?

In all their house moves....from the first one they bought, in Season Two (after bed and breakfast debacle), when Tori was preggers with Liam, she was shown house shopping with her pretty realtor girlfriend and found house #1. She showed how she decorated it (the mirrored bedroom furniture, carefully choosing fabric) with the Guncles' and that missing friend, red headed Suzanne's, help. Then there was the next house, now with Liam and Stella, and they showed how they made a family room, knocking out a wall and prominently featured the driveway sign, "McDermott Baby Farm". Then to the Malibu house, never featured in the TV series, but the tabloids said her mom helped her buy. It was supposedly a little farm because now Tori wanted to raise chickens, but it was far from LA and had only 3 bedrooms. So then they leave that one. 

Now all that said, were they house flipping or what?  Each former house seemed to have a logical progression in size, needs for the family, ability to buy due to more $$ with the careers until this Encino mess of one. So just how they heck did they end up renting this place ????

This has bothered me (no more than their bigger issues). But the constant house changing is clearly another indicator of something very weird and wrong with Tori. It's like it's part of the hoarding issue and Tori is always in want of more, more, more, never being satisfied with what she has. Not to mention the bizzarre uprooting of the entire family so often. And it sure wasn't for bigger and better career opportunities. It is very fucked up.  

Can anybody explain why all the house moves?

Edited by Bossa Nova

This what I know about the house moves as limited as it is:  Tori eventually admitted that all of the early moves were part of her issue with wanting more than she can realistically afford long term (along with that I guess she was also shopping a lot, etc).  Then they had that big story a year or so ago about having to downsize everything, sell their home, and they rent their current home.  That said, none of this makes sense given we now know they can rent a house in Malibu for the month, and that she pays a mortgage to have a bunch of crap in storage.  So basically they could afford an "appropriate" house for their family, separate bedrooms and all if she would give up her storage warehouse.  

I do remember all of the moves you describe.  I remember the one that baffled me the most was the season where they showed the cute farmhouse as their new forever home, and it was clearly a downsize, but we never saw it again--in the media they all of the sudden had another mega mansion somewhere nearer to town.

• Love 3

Thanks Alexa. Glad you recall all the house moves too throughout the TV series plus what was reported in the tabloids. And cheese Louise, then renting a house in Malibu for a month and THE STORAGE UNIT. 

.....shaking my head....

Edited by Bossa Nova
  • Love 2

I feel the need to post-vent- after only watching 10 minutes. So Dean rides his bike to his therapy appointment? This got me thinking, I don't remember him ever driving a car  Maybe mommy Tori took his keys away. Also the look on Tori's face when he said he went for a ride was wonderful. It conveyed what i shouted at the tv "listen F*#@ head you need to get a damn job!". Also it appeared he left around noon and he strolls in around 6:30..where did she think he was all day? He has such a peter pan syndrome thing going. All he wants to do is play play play. They both need to get jobs so they don't have so much time reading into what the other one has said, their look or how they sighed. Work their jobs, come home and parent their children....Tori and Dean you do remember you have children right??? Wonder how often Dean sees Jack? Now to watch ...I may need to vent again

• Love 6

O-M-G. Tori is really a nightmare. It's gotten to the point where I even feel a little sorry for Dean and I hate Dean. Ass that he is, no one deserves being subjected to Tori's endless, joyless, self-absorbed martyrdom. The most hilarious part of her constant moaning about how she feels is her saying that she needs to learn to express her feelings and take care of herself instead of being so focused on taking care of Dean. Tori never stops talking about her feelings; she's focused 2 seasons of this show on her and her feelings while her 4 small children run around in the background hungry, stressed out, and confused. I know that she has multiple nannies IRL, so I can only hope that they are just off-camera, ready to whisk the kids away when Tori starts having one of her breakdowns.

As long as I don't think about the kids, this show is pretty hilarious. Tori is so OVER THE TOP RIDICULOUS and tragically unattractive that it's comical. Dean cracks me up with his "I wonder whether I could get away if I gnawed my foot off..." expression every time Tori starts up with one of her whiny tirades while he tries to guess how she wants him to respond to whatever she's sobbing about. It's also funny when he tries counter-strategies to wrest the spotlight from Tori like when he preemptively "got a migraine" in an attempt to cut her post-Charlie meeting breakdown off at the pass. Bonus points for using Tori's own patented "conveniently timed migraine" tactic against her, but Tori was having none of that and didn't even acknowledge his "migraine" before launching into the meltdown she had planned over how bad she feels for treating Charlie like shit with the added twist of making passive-aggressive digs about Charlie being a better man and her babies being the only reason she doesn't wish she had stayed with him. They really do deserve each other. I think Dean has it worse, but he deserves that as a punishment for how he treated his previous family and as payment for the lifestyle and fame upgrades he's gotten out of the deal. 

I'm thinking that she has to be paying the "friends." Courtney, at least. Who is that chick and how does she have so much time for Dean and Tori and their kids? Doesn't she have a job or her own family or something? She also seems like she's auditioning for a sitcom in every scene. She's always in full hair and makeup and she has this "peppy, funny BFF" thing going on that doesn't ring true and bugs the hell out of me. I know Mehran has been Tori's friend for a while, so I believe that relationship is real, but I think he's involved in helping her run her businesses or something, so he's getting a check out of the deal at the end of the day.

I feel the same way about her "friends". Where are the "Guncles" or the friends we've seen in when the show started. It's like she's gone through her real friends & found friends who want to be on tv & will put up with her to do so. Another thing that annoys me, is when she makes a big deal about feeding her kids or taking Stella to one cheerleading meeting. It's what mom's do. Most moms work long hours, cook, clean, do the finances, are taxi cabs for their kids etc. She makes it like it's so hard, toughen up it's called being a mom. I don't like Dean either but at least when we see him with the kids, both him & the kids look like they are having fun. He has to sit there & be patient with her feelings & every time he opens his mouth she gives him the look of death.

Then her carrying on about her ex . I didn't get the impression it was out of guilt for how she treated him, it was more like to rub it in Dean's face that Charlie was a better husband. I get it Dean screwed up big time, but she decided to stay with him she needs to work towards moving on, not punishing him 24/7. I can't stand when a wife stays with a cheating husband but then treats him horribly. I get it, you can't sweep it under the rug & trust takes time but you also cannot make him relive it whenever you're mad.

• Love 4

Lol at Tori schlepping in $200 worth of crap from Home Depot. I understand buying something to help you jump start a new goal, whether it be organizational or even fitness related. BUT, this unnecessary splurge coming on the heels of her 127 storage vaults unveiling was just laughable. She will literally use any excuse to go and shop. Why does each person need their own weekly calendar? That will get old real fast. They sell cheap calendars that have spots for multiple family members, but that wouldn't satisfy her need to shop/collect/hoard.

On another note, i realize there are all different levels of parental involvement, but they are both coming across as just really shitty, self centered parents. Dean used to be a very engaged dad with those kids. I don't know if they are making a point to show less parent/child interaction and more tori/dean melodrama or what, but it's heart breaking to watch. Even if this were 100% scripted for television, it is still very confusing for children to see their parents upset or fight with each other. Or pay more attention to themselves and their feelings than their kids. Sadly, I think this is really how they must live. In a world of multiple therapists, endless psycho babble and mysterious physical ailments. And dinner at 8:30!?!?!?

I'm glad to see that Dean has his own, individual therapist. He certainly could use some insight from someone that isn't one of Tori's personal lapdogs. I was also glad to see he finally went to a meeting. It's good that he has stayed sober for 9 months, but he needs that support if he's going to continue. I know how it is when you get depressed, you don't want to do anything good for yourself. Hopefully his personal therapist can help him work through that, with meds if need be. But I also think getting back into cycling will be really good for him. IF Tori allows it to continue. I had to laugh when he said that depression caused him to abandon all of his hobbies. So "depression" = Tori? 

The editors were on fire this episode. First we have Tori stating in a TH that Dead is a priority in her life, right after she answered what was obviously a very casual phone call in the middle of him sharing his feelings. Then we got Tori saying she was super psyched to be organized for the first time in 41 years - cut to a bunch of stuff strewn across the backyard. I was dying! 

Oh my gosh, the potato thing was so stupid. I get that it wasn't about a potato. And I am actually one of those people who is hypersensitive to being criticized. But I did not get that vibe from Dean at all. I saw him wanting to solve the problem. Liam was hungry and the potato wasn't cooking like it should, so he thought maybe HE could figure out what was wrong, so the kid could eat his damn potato. But, of course, Tori has to turn it into a giant issue. And Dean feeds right into it. Two adults in the house and no one can see that it's not a good idea to have an expletive-laced "Why are you even with me?" conversation in front of the kids??? Drives me batty. 

As does Tori's cleavage. Wow. I could never have a discussion with her unless she was wearing a turtleneck. I'd be too distracted. 

So sad to hear about Dean's friend from rehab committing suicide! I'm sure that really hit home for Dean. And I thought it was really suspicious that Tori didn't mention her husband's OWN suicide attempt at the ALANON meeting. Wouldn't that be his "bottom"? I think she just likes being the victim, the poor, poor wife who has to deal with this. She's exhausting. 

Honestly, I think Tori is getting a lot of pleasure right now with putting Dean through hell after his affair. And I totally get WANTING to do that. But a mature, adult, who ostensibly cares about her family does not act that way. If one chooses to stay, then you choose to work through it, but not make a passive aggressive game out of getting back at the other person. Is it really a coincidence that she just happens to FINALLY want to get closure with Charlie NOW? After Dean cheated? Why now? Please. I totally think she did it, and then came home talking about what a nice guy he is (which I'm sure he is) and hemming and hawing about whether she made a mistake, so Dean could sit there feeling all insecure like she did. She is just a manipulative, petty bitch. Charlie is lucky that he got away. 

• Love 6

OMG, this show about nothing is less than nothing. Last week she has a migraine, this week he has a migraine. Next week It will be Liam's turn to get a migraine.

The storylines seemed extra fake last night, especially the one about the rehab friend killing himself.

She probably paid Charlie to go along with this ruse storyline about meeting up.

I don't know how he stands her. I think he relates well to the kids and last season we saw how happy they were when he got home.

I hope Candy gets involved with the kids, someone needs to step in.

• Love 1

I found your entire post very insightful.  But this?  Priceless.

Dean cracks me up with his "I wonder whether I could get away if I gnawed my foot off..." expression every time Tori starts up with one of her whiny tirades while he tries to guess how she wants him to respond to whatever she's sobbing about. 

• Love 7

Another thing that annoys me, is when she makes a big deal about feeding her kids or taking Stella to one cheerleading meeting. It's what mom's do. Most moms work long hours, cook, clean, do the finances, are taxi cabs for their kids etc. She makes it like it's so hard, toughen up it's called being a mom.

But when you consider it, she never had a mother. She didn't learn mothering skills by observing Candy Spelling, as most of us do with our own mothers and father. Her primary caregivers were hired help who went home to their own families at the end of the day. So... driving the kid to cheerleading practice and sitting in a plastic chair for 55 minutes while she does a cartwheel is a big deal to her. It reminds me of the "I'm the first in my family to go to college" syndrome. Tori is annoying as hell, but I can see why she wants validation for microwaving a potato. Her parents never did that. Poor little rich girl boo hoo hoo, I know. But feeling isolated, unloved and invalidated sucks when you're a kid. Neither of her parents gave her tools to have a fullfilling life. She learned how to use psychsomatic complaints to get out of stressful situations from her father, who pretended to have polio to spend a year in bed and away from bullies. She learned hoarding from her mother.

• Love 9

I am not a fan of Dean either but I am on the "Free Dean" wagon. Man, he comes home super stoked from a Therapist meeting (and the bike ride) and she turns that nasty look on him. I have a feeling the therapist gave him some postives for staying sober 9 months and listened to Dean describe the crap he gets from Tori and maybe gave him some empathy. He had a good, positive day. Meanwhile she had -- did we ever hear why she had a bad day?

I can't get the Posh Spice facial expression. I guess that's what Botox does to you.

One time I just wish when Tori starts harping on his addication, Dean would calmly say "(Babe) you have a serious eating disorder and probably a dual diagnosis with some other psychiatric problem! Work on your own problems too!".

• Love 10

I feel the need to post-vent- after only watching 10 minutes. So Dean rides his bike to his therapy appointment? This got me thinking, I don't remember him ever driving a car  Maybe mommy Tori took his keys away. Also the look on Tori's face when he said he went for a ride was wonderful. It conveyed what i shouted at the tv "listen F*#@ head you need to get a damn job!". Also it appeared he left around noon and he strolls in around 6:30..where did she think he was all day? He has such a peter pan syndrome thing going. All he wants to do is play play play. They both need to get jobs so they don't have so much time reading into what the other one has said, their look or how they sighed. Work their jobs, come home and parent their children....Tori and Dean you do remember you have children right??? Wonder how often Dean sees Jack? Now to watch ...I may need to vent again

I'm not defending Dean, he's a douche. But he had a job, Chopped Canada & she didn't feel comfortable with him being in Canada because that's where he cheated. I feel like no matter what he does he's damned with her. If he works, she would question who he talked to at work. If he has a hobby she crushes it. If he's home she's mad he's not working. He can't win with her. He used to love to ride motorcycles, he got hurt & quit to appease her. He loved to go diving, she didn't like him being away or being around another girl who was diving with their team. So he quit. He's supported her in every way, every job she's jumped to, stores, design, bed & breakfast, her hoarding, mom issues etc. They are both a hot mess & dysfunctional. I just feel he can't win, if he shows support she questions him, if he doesn't she questions him. If she can't forgive, she needs to move on & be fair to both of them & the kids. She constantly argues in front of them, cries & has outbursts. At least we see him occasionally playing with the kids. She stresses out over making a baked potato.

• Love 17

Don't most microwaves nowadays come with a "Potato" button? Last night's episode was like one of those "how many XXX's does it take to change a lightbulb" jokes come to life.

I could have sworn Dean mentioned in the first episode that he already got his 9 month chip?

What kind of counselor/therapist/fellow-AA'er would TEXT you that your mutual friend not only died but committed suicide? Not a phone call or knock on the door. TEXT. I'm thinking....didn't happen.

Leigh3, I've been wondering why he and Tori never seem to show up together at the therapy sessions AND Dean's face is always bright red in these scenes. I suspected he was hitting the bottle again, but if he's riding in, it makes sense, but wouldn't he be sweatier?

Does anyone else think Tori really went to that Al-anon meeting? She treated the whole suggestion like it was so beneath her, like Dean's addiction is his own mess to clean up. Maybe she was so resistant because she doesn't want to face her own hoarding issues or (alleged) eating disorder.

Lol at Tori schlepping in $200 worth of crap from Home Depot. I understand buying something to help you jump start a new goal, whether it be organizational or even fitness related. BUT, this unnecessary splurge coming on the heels of her 127 storage vaults unveiling was just laughable.

I don't know why she can't just get a shared Google calendar to coordinate their schedules like normal people. I guess because that's not telegenic enough and Lord knows she needs a storyline for her TV show (or should I say a Stori-line?). 

It also seemed particularly annoying since they said she did the shopping on the way back from Stella's cheerleading class, when Stella was obviously asleep in the car. So she woke her up to drag her to Staples and buy a ton of crap? Ugh.

• Love 2