Type keyword(s) to search

S07.E09: What A Piece Of Work Is Man

After watching the scene, I wondered if that was why they made such a point of breaking his jaw before they took him out of where he was being kept?

Until Bobby warned about the gun, I figured they were just mad at Bobby's constant trash-talking, but it was definitely to impede his communication.
  • Love 3
I figured they were just mad at Bobby's constant trash-talking, but it was definitely to impede his communication.

More stupid and needless cruelty from Sutter - an effective gag would been a better option.  

Also, none of this would prevent Bobby from falling forward and revealing the gun to Jax (which is why stashing it on a prisoner isn't as clever as it sounds).  Bobby was on his knees for an extended period - why not call attention to the gun after Mark's men had left and while Marks was checking out the body bag?  Why not fall and roll onto his back, trapping the gun beneath a pile of smelly flab?  Worth a try.

I guess we should be happy that Marks didn't track down the guard who raped Otto to let him have a go at Bobby, just for old time's sake.

Edited by henripootel
  • Love 1

Finally someone of importance dies. I know that this season has been a blood bath but no one has died about whom I give two flips. I knew it had to be coming with Bobby but it was still jarring to see it happen.

Jax is monumentally stupid. He is in so far over his head.

I'm really starting to hope Wendy and Nero escape Charming with the kids and live happily ever after on that farm...instead of biting it as SAMCRO sacrificial lambs.

• Love 3

The fact that they put those stupid glasses on him during that scene to show us how smart he is outwitting Marks and company was just ridiculous.

I thought the glasses were for eye protection (bugs imbedding themselves in the cornea).  If your helmet does not have a shield, all kinds of insects can hit you hard in vulnerable places.

• Love 2

Jax said he was 5 in this episode. He said it to Wendy.

The show gave him soap opera aging so he could talk and walk, interact. With the timeline this show has had, it doesn't make sense he's 5 since he was a few months old when Tara got pregnant with Thomas and Thomas is still a baby. So Abel should just be a year older than Thomas. Yet there's now a 4 yr age gap between them.

Yeah I totally spaced on him saying 5, on first viewing and then heard it again the second time. 

Either way, it's not like I trust Jax to know something, let alone get it correct. And it's not like anyone would correct Jax for being wrong either. So in my head, he's not 5. Especially with that pre-kindergarten conversation at the start of the year.

When I compare this to how I felt when Opie and Piney were killed it makes me sad.

So much this!

Charlie Hunnam is British, but I've seen him hide his accent well in other roles. Sutter and the producers/directors just don't require it of him. It's really distracting, and Jax is the only character I've seen that doesn't seem "smarter" by virtue of a British accent!

I have no idea how they'll wrap this up satisfactorily at this slow pace, but I hope the other clubs end up playing a role because of Jury's murder. Of all the incredulous storylines, having those meetings not lead to significant consequences would just be beyond.

Love to be the meat in a Augustus Marks and Nero MANwich.

Don't judge me.

Gemma dresses like a Biker version of "Lola the Showgirl" in that Barry Manilow song. 

Is it just me or Wendy, Nero and Tig are the only adults that give a damn about Thomas?

The latter always greets that child, with a gentle touch on the head.

After what happened to Bobby, Chibbs, Happy and those other guys need to catch a damn clue.

Side eye to Jax for having him dropped in a hole at Death Cabin, like a problem they needed to get rid of.

Wasn't Bobby one of the Original Eight?

R.I.P.

The reaction of that Long haired guy to Chibbs banging Althea, pretty much was mine as well.

Wish I was standing there with him, so we could've looked at each other like, ummmmm , really?

Soooooooooooooooo, who will Jax get killed next week?

Any thoughts?

• Love 5

Abel needs therapy. His life is truly fucked up for a kid that age. Seeing people around him die, being taken out of school, hearing Grandma confess her sins, daddy's never around,violence is around him. That would make anybody go crazy. Let him see a good psychologist to deal with everything that is going on.

Yeah I totally spaced on him saying 5, on first viewing and then heard it again the second time.

It really depends on a child's birth day. They could be 5 and be in pre k or 5 and in kindergarten. I'm surprised he's only five. Shouldn't he be 6/7 since he's been there since season 1?

Either way, it's not like I trust Jax to know something, let alone get it correct. And it's not like anyone would correct Jax for being wrong either. So in my head, he's not 5. Especially with that pre-kindergarten conversation at the start of the year.

• Love 1

Don't forget there was a 14 month time jump between seasons 3 and 4 while they were in jail. Abel's age seems about right, but Thomas should be a toddler by now and clearly the baby they're using is younger. The continuity there is off and confusing.

• Love 2

5 years hasn't passed between season 1 and present time though, other than the jail time jump of season 3, there was only a couple weeks max in between all the other seasons. Thomas has been consistently the same baby size because no time really has past, Abel should be like 3. 

• Love 2

Considering how close we are to the end this was really boring. I mean how long can they drag it out? The only thing that really interested me was that the other charters were going to meet about SAMCRO. Mostly because I am curious as to what they have the power to do. Can they vote Jax or SAMCRO out of the SOA?

• Love 2

MrsRafaelBarba - Oh, I am judging you.  All over the place.  With a huge grin on my face and Nero's grandpa cardigan on my back.

Wink, wink, nudge, nudge, Mama.

Edited by Puddy
  • Love 2

I am going to miss Nero.

Me too.

Had she not killed Tara and lied, Nero was Gemma's  chance to have a healthy relationship and stable life.

Our Cardigan Cat Daddy is so DONE with Charming, Jax, The Sons and Mayans.

Hope Wendy ends up wth Nero and they take all three boys and GTFO of Charming.

• Love 2

From the recap:

I don't understand how, after a mass murder (Diosa) and a bombing (the ice cream shoppe), there is not more hubbub in Charming. Why is nobody writing OpEds about getting the club out of their idyllic town? RIP Bobby.

I have been wondering about this all season. Actually I have been wondering it since the clubhouse blow up. With the amount of crime in this place CNN could open up a northern California office in Charming, park Geraldo or someone there and have months worth of stuff to talk about. Hell Tara/Roosevelt's murder and the fact that no one has been caught is the kind of thing that cable news would talk about for months. (Not to mention Stahl's and Hale's murders).

For that matter with all this crime, how come the feds haven't tried to go after the sons? Are they still under the protection of the CIA/Cartel?

• Love 1

Kel - Charming is prime Nancy Grace territory!!!!

MrsRafaelBarba - He is not a saint but he is "better" than the average.  He seems like he is really wanting to leave that life behind.  Little does he know that he is in a relationship with a ticking time bomb.  People think Nero will get killed and I sure hope not. 

Puddy, can you imagine? Attractive young white mom and kids doctor married to an organized crime boss gets violently murdered in her own home? And the police have no suspects. Nancy Grace and her type would talk about it every night.

• Love 3

Kel you forgot that a cop was killed right bedside Tara.  A COP!  Seriously, the lack of reaction by law enforcement to the shit-storm brewing in Charming is really hard to overlook.

I have often said that anyone really cared about crime in Charming, just have a police unit tail Jax 24/7. All it would take was a day or two and you would get him on something. Hell isn't Jax still on probation? Yet he always seems to be carrying a gun, and meeting with other criminals. Why is he not back in jail?

There's also the fact Tara was a criminal in her own right, about to go to jail and lose her license. It's a major soap plotline like those even People Magazine pick up.   

It seems that writers forget, if something like this is interesting/sensational enough to be popular as a work of fiction, it would be an even bigger deal if it happened in real life. So in the world of a show like this Jax would be kind of a small time notorious celebrity. Plus the DA, the county sheriff and everyone else would be getting all kinds of attention about "why haven't you solved Tara and the sheriff's murders". Throw in the Sons connections to the school shooting and it would be a bigger circus than the OJ trial.

• Love 1

By the way ~~ Where is the bullet that Tara removed from Bobby?  Last I remember, she wrapped it in gauze and shoved it in her jeans pocket.  That bullet was going to get her ass off the hook.

Edited by Puddy
  • Love 1

Kel you forgot that a cop was killed right bedside Tara.  A COP!  Seriously, the lack of reaction by law enforcement to the shit-storm brewing in Charming is really hard to overlook.

There has been a reaction. Granted Jary can only fuck so many Sons on the top of her police car as another watches. Good thing they keep dying off, makes her job a little easier, at least.

Edited by Insomnia

Long time lurker, first time poster.  Does anyone think that maybe Abel killed Gemma's birds and Wendy did the writing on the wall and the knife through the toy to cover for him?  I'm wondering what will happen with that story line.  I hope it's not just dropped!

Off the top of my head, Jury White, Half-sac, Karen Oswald and Agent Kohn have all been on CM.  Oswald and Kohn were in the same episode.

I had forgotten.  Annabeth Gish was on Criminal Minds, also.

Is it just me or Wendy, Nero and Tig are the only adults that give a damn about Thomas?

The latter always greets that child, with a gentle touch on the head.

Thank you for bringing this up!  Neither Jax, nor Gemma, have been even acknowledging Thomas.  What is this about?

• Love 1

Thank you for bringing this up!  Neither Jax, nor Gemma, have been even acknowledging Thomas.  What is this about?

Well, except that time Gemma decided she wanted to be all "confession-y" and "sooo sowwy" for killing Mommy.

Thomas = plot device. Poor kid, indeed.

Jax has repeatedly walked past Thomas, going straight to Abel.

My sister calls him the Invisible Child.

The lack of attention must be taking a toll on the poor kid since he hasn't aged in years. In those little look back moments they've been showing during commercial breaks, we were reminded that Tara was two months pregnant when Abel was kidnapped. I don't remember if Abel's age was ever mentioned during the kidnapping plot, but he was clearly an infant at the time. He doesn't even look to be a year old in those scenes, which would make Thomas less than two years younger than him, yet Abel is now 5 and Thomas looks to still be 1. Thomas should be 3 years old and walking and talking like his big brother, but then Jax and Gemma might be forced to acknowledge him and we can't have that. 

I can make it. I can make it. I can make it. The series is almost over. I just have to hang in there a little longer.

Oh my God, what the fuck is wrong with EVERYONE on this show?

Augustus...you told the Sons to bring you the preacher's body. Please, feel free to not have any of your henchmen, oh I don't know, TAIL THE SONS TO FIND OUT WHERE THE BODY WAS BURIED. But you know what, you caused pain to Jax by killing Bobby, so I still like you. Also, you wear a suit like it's nobody's fucking business. Putting you in jail where you cannot wear that gear will be the real crime here.

But, onto the real question: how fucking dumb is Jax Teller? The mind boggles. I am STILL laughing at him cursing out Augustus for being a liar as he cries over Bobby WHEN HE GAVE AUGUSTUS THE WRONG DEAD BODY in this very exchange. Pot? Kettle. Frankly I'm glad that Jax got a little fucked over. But you know what? His 'leverage' is going to turn to utter shit. Ok, sure, Augustus will be in jail but there's always a successor. It's not like Lin; you didn't get all his crew; you got Augustus. You don't think his replacement or his head of security will make the Sons their first priority? That preacher's wife and son are toast. Abso-fucking-lutely toast. And you wanna know how I know? Because Jax told them they'd be safe while he used them to get Augustus. 

And once again with the wailing over how unjust it is when bad things happen to the Sons. I mean, it's not like Jax has ever set up a meeting with the sole intention of killing the person he's claiming to innocently meet, right? AHEM.

And sure Jax, bring the kids up to the cabin for a relaxing day of watching all your shifty, violent acquaintances visit and broker deals. Don't mention that a druggie actively doing drugs is in the bedroom next door! Bring a dead guy back and put him on the picnic table. Toss his body in the back yard so Abel and Thomas can frolic over Bobby's rotting remains. Wheee! You having fun yet, kids?

Jax said he was 5 in this episode. He said it to Wendy.

Pfft. I wouldn't count on Jax to know his kids' eye colour, never mind their age.

Jax has repeatedly walked past Thomas, going straight to Abel.

My sister calls him the Invisible Child.

I assume it's because (A) Abel is old enough to actually be a bit aware of what's going on, and (B) since Thomas is Tara's, Jax is avoiding him because...pain. Pfft.

The only redeeming thing about the Gemma/Jarry fight was Nero in the background. His reactions to Gemma are amusing but then it bothers me that he stays with this off-her-nut violent cow.

I need an explanation as to why Augustus didn't just put a bullet in Jax's head. Nowhere ever has security cameras; hell, he doesn't even have them at his own construction sites.

And on that note...if the Sons haven't left tons of DNA on those bodies, I'm gonna call a world of bullshit. Also, what half-assed guy buries a body in his own construction site? Everyone knows you wait until you're pouring cement. Pfft.

I'd like to know why Jarry didn't question why the SONS knew exactly where "Augustus" buried his victim. Is that really something she thinks a smart man like Augustus would share?

I am utterly lost with all the wheelings and dealings with this show. I don't trust anyone's stated plans/deals.

Edited by NoWillToResist
  • Love 1