Type keyword(s) to search

Holiday TV Movies & (Non-Rankin Bass) Holiday Specials - General Discussion

• Start Topic

3 hours ago, MikaelaArsenault said:

How The Grinch Stole Christmas (the original cartoon) was on TNT last night and I happened to watch it.

Max waving at the Grinch when he ends up under, then behind, then on top of the sleigh will never not be funny.  

• Love 7

Christmas in Evergreen 3 was kind of a mess, structurally speaking, with too many subplots dedicated to the recurring cast, too many cameos, too many call-backs, and so on (the Advent calendar subplot was half-baked, for instance), continuity was all over the place (the opening scene, in the train, had the two protagonists switch train seats with every camera angle), it was tropes-palooza (tropalooza ?) and yet, I didn't hate the movie.

Probably because Maggie Lawson & Paul Greene were a great couple, with believable adult reactions, and didn't choose to drop everything to move to Evergreen (yay !) ; but also because I can't help but see those Evergreen movies as some sort of deliberate, self-aware version of the usual Hallmark movies & tropes : yeah, those Evergreen movies are totally ridiculous and implausible, even by HM standards, but having a somewhat sarcastic but likeable lead lampshading the madness made me go along for the ride.

• Love 3

I'm digging into the DVR and finally getting into the holiday movies. I'm watching Christmas Matchmakers from ION, and it's got some potential but I have so many issues. I actually kind of like the supposedly tough bosses they're matching up. They seem like reasonable people in spite of the movie trying to make them look like ogres. I'm right there with lady boss who doesn't like the idea of her assistant being all up in her personal business. And it's not unreasonable to not give someone a whole week off. On the other hand, I've worked in an ad agency, and the week of Christmas is not the busiest time of year. It's utterly dead because all the clients are away. That was when they encouraged us to take vacation time, since not much work would be getting done, anyway. On yet another hand, the mother needed to chill and realize that her grown daughter might not be able to make it to every family event, even if she wanted to.

The guys all look the same. I keep losing track of whether it's the boyfriend or the main guy. And they all look like they're about 12.

I'm not sure this is going to be a good year for these movies for me. I'm just not able to get into them. I'll have to see if I can find any old favorites streaming.

• Love 3

"A Royal Christmas Ball" is on ION right now. Tara Reid looks like she's had good work done. What's driving me nuts is that both Tara and her long lost royal baby daddy have very blue eyes, but they cast the daughter with an actor with very dark brown eyes. The last time I saw that there was an affair involved with someone not by blue-eyed friend's blued-eyed husband.

Why not have one of the parents wear brown contacts or the daughter wear blue ones?

Edited by shapeshifter
  • LOL 1
3 hours ago, Kohola3 said:

A Royal Christmas Ball - now that's two hours of my life I'll never get back. What a stinkeroo.  Acting was awful, story was awful, accents were all over the place.  Yuck.

I saw who was in it and knew none of them can act so it was an auto skip for me

• LOL 1
  • Love 2

There has been a trailer for a movie in which our heroine is in Vienna and teams up with a professional dancer to win the waltz contest and go to the big Christmas gala, and I swear every time I see it I think it’s a spoof and find myself waiting for the Energizer bunny.

• LOL 5
  • Love 1

I liked A Christmas Song on Lifetime.  It wasn't a romance. Ashanti's character was happily married.  It was about helping her cope with her father's death.  It was about reuniting a man with his estranged family.  It also had some really great singing performances.  I think I would definitely listen to a Christmas album if they put one out.  So for those who are looking for a non-romcom movie, this was good.

3 hours ago, Crs97 said:

There has been a trailer for a movie in which our heroine is in Vienna and teams up with a professional dancer to win the waltz contest and go to the big Christmas gala, and I swear every time I see it I think it’s a spoof and find myself waiting for the Energizer bunny.

It's a real movie and aired tonight.  Overall, it was pretty corny but it was really filmed in Vienna.  And I liked the cast.  I didn't like the very stupid misunderstanding. 

• Love 2

I binged 6 Nutcrackers over 3 days and I’m still not tired of it! 5 battles (Mariinsky got my votes) and the 1986 movie (with extra creepy Godfather Drosselmeyer!) that I’ve watched every year since I was young.

I’ve got 10 days to fit in The Mistle-tones, The Grinch, Willy Wonka, Annie, *The Sound of Music and Christmas Vacation.

*The Sound of Music is on ABC tonight from 6-10pm Central.

Edited by crimsongrl
  • Love 1

SNL did a very accurate parody of the Hallmark movies last night. I especially liked how one guy was "The Prince Of Caucasia" and described his country as "vaguely European". And also how they cracked on their use of stock footage and soundstages for everything. 

Edited by Camille
  • Love 9
2 hours ago, crimsongrl said:

I binged 6 Nutcrackers over 3 days and I’m still not tired of it! 5 battles (Mariinsky got my votes) and the 1986 movie (with extra creepy Godfather Drosselmeyer!) that I’ve watched every year since I was young.

There's so many versions that you couldn't possibly get tired. I've always loved seeing various ballet company's depictions of the signature dances--snowflakes, flowers, pas de deux, etc. It was terrific when the American Ballet Theater put out their version and I could watch it at the Brooklyn Academy Of Music one week and then the New York City Ballet version at Lincoln Center the next.

I liked the Pacific Northwest Ballet's edition too, although the ending is bizarre and frightening.

10 minutes ago, Camille said:

There's so many versions that you couldn't possibly get tired.

I loved the 1977 Mikhail Baryshnikov/Gelsey Kirkland TV version. They were lovers at that time and it shows in the dancing.  It is only available on DVD though.

• Useful 1
  • Love 3

Tonight, it looks like ION is showing their new Beauty and the Beast-themed Christmas movie. A couple of years ago, their Cinderella one was okay, a fairly average one of these movies with their usual super-low budget. It was mostly notable for the scene in which our baker (of course) heroine removed a sheet of Pepperidge Farm Variety Assortment cookies, including fully assembled Milanos, from the oven. Then last year's Snow White movie was intense crazysauce, of the "Hallmark writers must not have access to these drugs" variety. So I'm wondering how the Beauty and the Beast one will go.

I haven't seen if they're planning another installment of their Christmas Kiss franchise. The first one was kind of cute, but was essentially a Christmas version of Working Girl (put-upon assistant's evil boss steals her ideas, then assistant steps into boss's role while boss is out of town and falls in love with boss's boyfriend). I watched the second one yesterday, and wow, it's like an ode to rape culture. The kiss in the first one was mutual and happened in a "we're going to die!" moment in an elevator mishap. In the second one, he just randomly grabs a woman in an elevator and starts making out with her, justifying it because she was wearing a sexy Mrs. Santa outfit at the time. She looked slutty, so she was asking for it. The movie literally says that, and the only thing the heroine argues is that the outfit didn't count because she was only wearing it for a photo shoot. Then he only feels like maybe he did something wrong when he learns that she really was just wearing it for a photo shoot. But I guess any other woman dressing up in a sexy outfit just deserves to be sexually assaulted in an elevator? And this is romantic? Since she pretended that her BFF/neighbor was her boyfriend to fend off this guy, I thought there would be a twist, and it would be the standard "friends pretend to be lovers, but then fall in love" stories. But no, she ends up with the elevator assaulter. Worse, he's a co-owner of the company, so I guess he thinks that makes all the women who work there his property, and it's okay to just grab them in elevators.

• Love 4

Just watched A Storybook Christmas today. I thought it was decent and liked that there wasn’t a ton of silly drama and angst, misinterpretations with overheard conversations, etc. I couldn’t get a read on how old the niece was supposed to be because she acted a lot younger than she looked (in my opinion). For instance her aunt was reading to her before going to bed. I know, I know, she lost her parents and all but still. 
Did anyone else see the continuity issue? The nanny and niece were on the couch reading and the place was decorated, including a fully decorated Xmas tree in full view next to the couch. The aunt comes in and gets picked up by her fiancé to choose a Xmas tree. She comes back and tells the nanny it will be delivered tomorrow. I was yelling at the TV “we already saw a tree in your house!” 

• LOL 1

I liked Our Christmas Love Song more than I thought I would, mostly because the Hines/Witt relationship was light-hearted and playful, and the kid was likeable. The songs, however, were quite bland and generic... Overall, a decent, albeit unexceptional, movie, with what appeared to be better production values than some other HM productions.

• Love 1
11 hours ago, Shanna Marie said:

Tonight, it looks like ION is showing their new Beauty and the Beast-themed Christmas movie. A couple of years ago, their Cinderella one was okay, a fairly average one of these movies with their usual super-low budget. It was mostly notable for the scene in which our baker (of course) heroine removed a sheet of Pepperidge Farm Variety Assortment cookies, including fully assembled Milanos, from the oven. Then last year's Snow White movie was intense crazysauce, of the "Hallmark writers must not have access to these drugs" variety. So I'm wondering how the Beauty and the Beast one will go.

I don't remember the Cinderella one but goodness that Snow White movie was bonkers.  At first I was excited about it but it got tiring.

I feel A Beauty & Beast Christmas struck a nice balance between the camp and romcom.  The camp was so there with a snotty mom, evil villain and hyper lead but as the movie went on, it settled into its characters as people rather than caricatures.  The love story was believable.  They had nice chemistry and it was probably the best "fake boyfriend" story of the bunch this year (not that I saw Hallmark's--I skipped yesterday's movies). I am feeling like I want to watch it again.

Snowbound for Christmas was boring and felt weird in the #metoo era. I'm not opposed to boss/employee in fiction but it just felt uncomfortable here.  Rediscovering Christmas, however, ended up being better than I thought it was going to be.  Jessica Lowndes and B.J. Britt had good chemistry which elevated an unoriginal plot.  Lifetime movies are getting better as the season goes on, thankfully.

Edited by Irlandesa
  • Love 2
14 hours ago, Kohola3 said:

I loved the 1977 Mikhail Baryshnikov/Gelsey Kirkland TV version. They were lovers at that time and it shows in the dancing.  It is only available on DVD though.

This is my fave version as well since I was a kid. I loved watching it every year on PBS. If you have a Prime subscription, it's included for viewing there.

22 hours ago, Kohola3 said:

7 hours ago, MissyPoo said:

This is my fave version as well since I was a kid. I loved watching it every year on PBS. If you have a Prime subscription, it's included for viewing there.

Here you go.

I could've watched the news this morning but this was better!😊

It was lovely except for Drosselmeyer all up in the Pas De Deux. You had your moment at the Christmas party dude!

• Love 1

Hallmark's Holiday Date was such a weird movie. First things first : Hanukkah ? Two scenes at best. The rest of the movie was like a rejected Ben Stiller project, à la Meet The Parents, where Hallmark tropes got grafted here and there.

For roughly half an hour, it's a very broad comedy, where everyone overacts, misunderstandings abound, and so on : kinda shocking if you go in expecting a Hallmark movie, but somewhat entertaining, despite a lack of charisma from both leads (I usually like Bristow, but she's a bit bland and on the sidelines here) and tons of overacting ; then the truth about the actor being jewish is revealed at the half hour mark, and... well, nothing changes, really, it's still very broad and very Stiller-lite ; and finally, the last third, where the serious romance comes back, and it just gets boring.

All in all, I was somewhat surprised by this one, by the overtly comedic tone, by the amusing supporting cast (Teryl Rothery ! Grumpy Bruce Boxleitner !)... I wouldn't go as far as saying I liked it (the leads were still too bland, the writing was too broad, the final stretch was too generic) but I didn't hate it as much as I feared.

Lifetime's Christmas Unleashed, I liked. Nothing outstanding, and some of the tropes or writing choices were a tad too basic (the last minute flashback montage retracing all the best moments of the relationship is still one of my least favorite tropes), but overall, it was a cute, fluffy movie with likeable leads, and nice doggos.

Edited by Kaoteek
  • Love 2
9 hours ago, Irlandesa said:

I feel A Beauty & Beast Christmas struck a nice balance between the camp and romcom.  The camp was so there with a snotty mom, evil villain and hyper lead but as the movie went on, it settled into its characters as people rather than caricatures.  The love story was believable.  They had nice chemistry and it was probably the best "fake boyfriend" story of the bunch this year (not that I saw Hallmark's--I skipped yesterday's movies). I am feeling like I want to watch it again.

I really wanted to like A Beauty & Beast Christmas, but lost interest around the halfway mark. I have it on my DVR, so maybe I'll give it another chance, but I found the "never been kissed" aspect to be off putting.

• Love 1
On 12/15/2019 at 8:18 AM, crimsongrl said:

The Sound of Music is on ABC tonight from 6-10pm Central.

I rewatched it last night and for the first time ever, I noticed the children standing at the altar with them, as well as Max serving as the Captain's best man.

On 12/11/2019 at 9:00 PM, Irlandesa said:

I had never seen The Mistle Tones until it was mentioned in this thread so I recorded it and oh man, it was so joyful.  So many movies with music these days don't have enough fun with it. 

Awww I love The Mistle Tones, I was so happy to see that its on Disney+ and to get to watch it as soon as I want! Its very light and fun and cute, and the actors are all a lot of fun to watch. Tia Mowry was a great leading lady, and I liked how everything wrapped up with the singing contest. I think I prefer the cheesy holiday movies that lean more towards comedy than romance and "heartwarming" moments, they know what they are and know what people watching them want from them. They tend to have more individuality as movies, and are generally more fun. 

Its probably why I enjoyed The Knight Before Christmas so much, despite it being an extremely silly movie that basically makes no sense. The actors seem to be having fun, and they mine a lot of easy but amusing humor out of the fish out of water stuff. Its just a light easy watch with lots of holiday hijinks. 

• Love 2
5 hours ago, Kaoteek said:

Hallmark's Holiday Date was such a weird movie. First things first : Hanukkah ? Two scenes at best. The rest of the movie was like a rejected Ben Stiller project, à la Meet The Parents, where Hallmark tropes got grafted here and there.

I lost track of how many times I groaned out loud.  Speaking as a Jewish person I can tell you that unless Joel was raised Orthodox or Hasidic and went to a private school and lived in a bubble there is no way he wouldn't have known Christmas carols.  He may never have sung them, but he would have been familiar with them.  They are everywhere.  The movie seemed much more of an UP movie than a Hallmark movie.  

• Love 4

I finally saw Holiday in Handcuffs, which I've had on the DVR since last December. I'll admit, I was ready to bail after about 15-20 minutes, because I absolutely, positively detest movies about women who are ditzy hot messes--and Melissa Joan Hart's character was the hottest mess I've seen in some time.

But I was wrapping gifts while I watched, and I couldn't reach the remote, and a strange thing happened: about 45 minutes in (maybe a little less, since I couldn't FF through the commercials), I started liking it. And laughing. And tearing up. And when it was all over, I was glad I'd watched it. When it started, I had NO clue how they could possibly redeem the main character, but darned if they didn't. I'd easily give it a 7/10. Or maybe even 7.75 (no higher, though, because I still hate the hot mess thing).

Edited by kirinan
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, ShelleySue said:

I lost track of how many times I groaned out loud.  Speaking as a Jewish person I can tell you that unless Joel was raised Orthodox or Hasidic and went to a private school and lived in a bubble there is no way he wouldn't have known Christmas carols.  He may never have sung them, but he would have been familiar with them.  They are everywhere.  The movie seemed much more of an UP movie than a Hallmark movie.  

I kinda liked the movie because at least it acknowledged other religious traditions and I liked that the female lead's family embraced the fact that their daughter's boyfriend was Jewish and that her mother, in particular, went out of her way to include Hannukah in the celebration.  However, I seriously doubt that Joel, who'd lived somewhere around 30 years without eating pork, would be so nonchalant about eating ham for the first time.  I also agree that Christmas carols are pretty ubiquitous here in the US and there's no way he wouldn't have ever heard Deck the Halls.

I would also like to point out that it is virtually impossible that the female lead, working in the garment industry in NYC, would have almost no knowledge of Jewish holidays and customs.  Heck, I live in the Midwest in a fairly large city with a vibrant Jewish population although not even close to NYC's and I certainly grew up knowing of Hannukah and the miracle of the lights and menorahs and dreidels, etc.  My nephew sang the dreidel song at his kindergarten holiday pageant in public school where they actually did make dreidels out of clay.  His mother, also not Jewish, still displays his kindergarten dreidel at the holidays along with the Christmas stuff despite the fact that the nephew is in his 30's.

3 hours ago, ShelleySue said:

I'm not even Jewish and I thought the same. I said he doesn't seem like a Hasidic Jew who never left a small community so I don't buy for a second he never heard Christmas carols or experienced Christmas. Especially living in NYC.  And as an actor.

I didn't get UP TV vibes though. UP wouldn't have acted like Jewish meant alien from outer space. 

Edited by In2You
  • Love 1
On 12/13/2019 at 10:06 AM, kirinan said:

Just a heads-up for the Colin Ferguson lovers among us (and I know there are at least a couple): 9 p.m. tomorrow (12/14), Hallmark Movies & Mysteries, Christmas in Montana. Kellie Martin is the actress. This is one case where I don't care how good or bad it is, I'm in it for the whole movie because Colin. 

I watched this movie today and was pleasantly surprised. It had a decent story, no annoying characters and the scenery was nice. It’s one that I’ll probably watch again. 

• Love 2
3 hours ago, doodlebug said:

I would also like to point out that it is virtually impossible that the female lead, working in the garment industry in NYC, would have almost no knowledge of Jewish holidays and customs

Even living in New York, she would know. I learned about Rosh Hashanah and Yom Kippur because I was always excited to get those days off from school just as the school year started (it was so weird going to college out of state and not getting those days off for the first time in my life).

Conversely, Hanukkah is apparently not that big of a deal (if any Jewish posters want to contradict me, feel free) and is only made to be because of its proximity to Christmas.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, Stacey1014 said:

I watched this movie today and was pleasantly surprised. It had a decent story, no annoying characters and the scenery was nice. It’s one that I’ll probably watch again. 

Other than the fact that the laid the Montana folksiness on a little too thick, I liked it, too. I thought Kellie Martin was good I need it, I liked the daughter, I’ve always liked Art Hindle, and Colin...well, I’d watch him read the proverbial phone book.

• Love 2

I was surprised at how decent Rediscovering Christmas was. Jessica Lowndes continues to improve with each movie she does, and she always wears the cutest coats. I liked her chemistry with B.J. Britts and hope to see him in other Lifetime movies. It was also the rare ending where she kept her promotion in a big city and implied that they will have a long distance relationship.

Edited by twoods
  • Love 4
12 hours ago, Camille said:

Conversely, Hanukkah is apparently not that big of a deal (if any Jewish posters want to contradict me, feel free) and is only made to be because of its proximity to Christmas.

When I was growing up we did get eight gifts, but they weren't eight big gifts.  One day it would be a gift from our parents. Another day it would be a gift from one set of grandparents (always a silver dollar).  My great-grandmother always gave us a pair of pajamas.  We only had one aunt and uncle and a group of first cousins so we'd have a latke party with them and exchange toys.  You get the idea.  It was a fun time to get together with family, and because it was eight days there was never any conflict of whose family should we spend the holidays with this year -- something that makes Christmas stressful.  I will add though that my husband is Christian and I no longer live near any family we celebrate both holidays and I do not give my children (now adults) Chanukah gifts.  They always opened my family's gifts on the first night of Chanukah, but I never gave them any.  I think that the whole gift at Chanukah thing was to compete with Christmas and since they do get Christmas gifts it would just be too much for them to get both from my husband and me.  So we've always done the candles and latkes.  We tell the story of Chanukah and play dreidel and give chocolate gelt, but no gifts.

• Love 7
On 12/14/2019 at 9:14 PM, Crs97 said:

I DVR'd it and finally watched last night. It actually wasn't too bad and, unlike the horrible rocking back and forth that Hallmark calls dancing, they employed actors that could actually realistically dance.    Of course the villainess was over the top horrible plus the boyfriend and the brother looked identical to me but that's what you get these days.

The outdoor scenes of Vienna were pretty spectacular.

Just watched Moonlight and Mistletoe - how needy and selfish was that father? Ugh. I mean I get missing your daughter but not looking after your finances and then expecting your daughter to fix it for you? Ugh. Zero time for him.

I did like Candace and the other lead guy. 

• Love 2

Catching up with earlier Christmas movies, I didn't care much for Lifetime's A Sweet Christmas Romance.

It was my first time seeing Adelaide Kane, and I wasn't too impressed. The romance was flat, the characters weren't particularly likeable, the writing was awkward (the cooking show competition format, including eliminations, was very forced in that context, and all the non-competition bits in between were just heavy exposition dumps), and the constant references to Winter Storm Megan grew tiring (we got it, Lifetime, it's a shared universe with a common element). Also, I must admit, I'm not really a fan of Loretta Devine's very particular acting choices.

Angel Falls 2 : Electric Boogaloo was another mixed bag. I don't really remember Angel Falls 1, but I always enjoy a good Guardian Angel-type movie, à la Mrs Miracle, provided the lead couple is likeable. Here, however, as much as I like Jen Lilley, I didn't care AT ALL for Carlo Marks. And overall, the entire movie's "distraught widow/author must relearn the magic of Christmas in order to write again" plot was really just a way to have the lead couple go through all the usual tropes and montages of the genre.

That said, I liked seeing Laura Miyata again (already in Lilley's Winter Love Story) and i'm still waiting for some exec to give her a chance as the lead, whether at Hallmark or elsewhere.

I'm doing  a little happy dance here - I discovered Call Me Mrs Miracle and Love at the Thanksgiving Day Parade on ABC Spark.  PVR'd them both and am all set to watch two of my favourite Christmas movies while wrapping presents.  Yay!

• Love 6
16 minutes ago, Koalagirl said:

and by how old David Naughton looks.

I hear you!  I mean I'm glad to see actors I remember from "my day" are getting roles  but it's a little disconcerting when they are playing the Dad or the Grandad or the elderly neighbour or whatever!  Even when they are playing the love interest it can still be a shock - on Christmas Connection I kept thinking "why does the hero look so familiar, where do I know him from" - and was gobsmacked to learn he was Tom Everett Scott (the boy - yes dammit BOY - who looked so much like Tom Hanks in the movie That Thing You Do.  He's in his 40s now.  Sigh.  When the hell did that happen??

• LOL 1
12 minutes ago, JenMD said:

What's the Vienna movie called and what channel?  I looked through the thread but couldn't find specifics.  Thanks!

It’s a Ion movie call Best Christmas Ball Ever!

37 minutes ago, PennyPlain said:

I hear you!  I mean I'm glad to see actors I remember from "my day" are getting roles  but it's a little disconcerting when they are playing the Dad or the Grandad or the elderly neighbour or whatever!  Even when they are playing the love interest it can still be a shock - on Christmas Connection I kept thinking "why does the hero look so familiar, where do I know him from" - and was gobsmacked to learn he was Tom Everett Scott (the boy - yes dammit BOY - who looked so much like Tom Hanks in the movie That Thing You Do.  He's in his 40s now.  Sigh.  When the hell did that happen??

Thank you!  I hated to say that because I’m only 3 years younger than him and I have to wonder if that’s what people say when they see me.  

17 minutes ago, Koalagirl said:

I hated to say that because I’m only 3 years younger than him and I have to wonder if that’s what people say when they see me.  

Lol.  There's a great meme going around that applies here, something along the lines of "don't you hate it when you see some old codger come into the room and then they come over to you and say "didn't we go to high school together"?"  

• LOL 6
1 hour ago, PennyPlain said:

Lol.  There's a great meme going around that applies here, something along the lines of "don't you hate it when you see some old codger come into the room and then they come over to you and say "didn't we go to high school together"?"  

Or worse... if you say you were in the same class, they ask you which teacher you were (which class you taught)! LOL

• LOL 2

Thanks for the warning- the commercials looked awful so now I can just delete it off the DVR.

Holiday Date was okay. I never understand why people have to lie to their family about a fake boyfriend. Just say you broke up and now are dating someone else so they can keep their real name and occupation. At least they acknowledged they liked each other and weren’t doing the usual will they/won’t they crap. 
You guys are intriguing me with the movie set in Vienna. The awful name of the movie makes me not want to watch it at all.

• Useful 1
  • Love 1

I absolutely HATED Holiday Date and I'm pretty much good on any Hallmark movie.  That guy was just so unappealing and over-the-top to me.  A Cheerful Christmas was horrible too, but this time it was the girl who was revolting.  I wish it had been her business partner instead. She just didn't work for me at all. I ended up fast-forwarding through it and I never do that normally.

I watched  Angel Falls: A Novel Christmas last night. It was just okay. The girl was fine, the guy was not, but it did have most of the holiday movie things I expect and was a sweet story, so there was that.

I enjoyed Christmas in Montana and Christmas at Dollywood a lot more than I thought I would. I love Colin Ferguson, so he made Montana very enjoyable.  I like both Niall Matter and Danica McKellar (and adore Dolly) so Dollywood really worked for me.

I've figured out that I'm sensitive to voices. If an actor has a weird voice I find it off-putting. 

Is it me, or are the movies getting worse the closer we get to Christmas? My favorites were Christmas Scavenger Hunt and Picture a Perfect Christmas, with The Christmas Club and this year's Christmas in Evergreen right behind.

• Useful 1
  • Love 2

I saw the new Christmas in Evergreen and I liked it, plot holes and all.  I consider a movie good (or good enough for me) if I know I'll watch it again,  Well that and I don't fast forward through it to see how it ends - ok sure I know how they all end but sometimes you want to actually see it without the bother of watching the whole thing ☺️.

Edited by PennyPlain
  • Love 2
18 hours ago, Koalagirl said:

I’m halfway through rediscovering Christmas but I don’t see any chemistry between Jessica Lowndes and BJ Britt.  I’m also distracted wondering if Jessica is pregnant and by how old David Naughton looks.

Time marches on and I had to do a double take when I saw David Naughton.  Also, I wanted to mention that Jessica Lowndes is a very pretty woman but that  lipstick shade was doing her no favors as it accentuated her rather largish mouth.  She has a lovely singing voice, though. I did enjoy the movie but agree there didn't seem to be much chemistry there between her and the male lead. 

• Love 2