Type keyword(s) to search

Holiday TV Movies & (Non-Rankin Bass) Holiday Specials - General Discussion

• Start Topic

18 hours ago, twoods said:

I also need to watch Disney Plus’s Noelle. It looks really cute!

I enjoyed it for the costumes they put Anna Kendrick in alone. I thought they were super cute in a kitschy way.

So far I'm behind on my holiday watching, but I've managed to see a few. Check Inn to Christmas didn't really grab me, but I appreciated that it skirted so many of the awful tropes, and that the leads seemed to genuinely like each other from the start.

I just finished A Storybook Christmas and thought it was super cute, and I'm looking forward to watching Jake Epstein in Mistletoe and Menorahs next.  I loved him in Degrassi TNG, so I'm happy to see him in other stuff. I also like Ali Liebert a lot and the niece wasn't obnoxiously precocious.

I tried to watch A 9 to 5 Christmas but shut it off when her first day on the job consisted of her just standing there randomly greeting customers and apparently not doing any actual work like stocking shelves or working the registers. Then she got called up to the head of the company. Really? By that point I was both bored and not able to buy the premise.

• Love 1

I have never been one for Hallmark channel-type Christmas movies, but a couple days ago I stumbled onto Christmas Cruise on IonPlus, and somehow I spent my weekend watching more HC-type Christmas movies than I ever have in my entire life.

Just finished watching Christmas Matchmakers (NOT to be confused with Matchmaker Christmas, so IMDB tells me) on IonPlus, and...like, I think the movie ended before they actually showed the end? They showed some quick credits but that totally did not seem to be the note I swore they would end on. And if it was the actual intended ending, it's hot garbage, because you just don't end ANY cheesy romantic movie completely open-ended like that. Did anyone else see it? It was like the blue balls of movie endings.

I'm so annoyed I actually turned off the TV for the night to just go to bed, and I'm pretty sure people aren't supposed to feel like this at the end of a cheesy Christmas movie. Bah humbug.

Edited by dvr devotee
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, pigs-in-space said:

I tried to watch A 9 to 5 Christmas but shut it off when her first day on the job consisted of her just standing there randomly greeting customers and apparently not doing any actual work like stocking shelves or working the registers.

That was actually some what realistic. I worked retail in college and one of the first jobs new people get is to stand in the front and greet people as they enter, helps prevent shop lifting and you direct the customer to the right department/area of the store. When no one is walking in I did re-organize tables though. 

I agree with you about Christmas 9-5, I was so excited to see an Indian woman as a lead but then they cast her with a black and white parent?? I’m still aggravated about that. One Indian parent, that’s all they had to do- ONE!!!🙄

• Love 5

Mistletoe & Menorahs was way better than the prime slot movies on Friday and Saturday. I wish they hadn’t tucked it in a nowhere slot. The lead actress was charming and Jake Epstien was much better suited for this role (Craig 4eva) than the manny one the other night. The toy pitch at the end was really dumb though. 

I kind of liked Grounded for Christmas. I was excited about the premise, but the execution was underwhelming. The love interest went from an annoyance to TOO PERFECT too quickly. I guess I’ll see how Hallmark does with their fake dating movie next week, but Matt Cohen was such a wet rag on General Hospital, I don’t have high hopes. 

3 hours ago, dubstepford wife said:

I liked Christmas Inheritance on Netflix.  Yes, it's complete Christmas TV Movie Bingo: small town good, big city bad!  Rich fiancé is a jerk, but luckily there's this handsome and absurdly perfect guy who is somehow still single in the town just waiting to fall in love with you!  Cookies!  Hot chocolate!  Snow storms!  A cute, folksy, cozy inn!  (But no ice skating.  Sorry.)

But somehow, it didn't annoy me at all.  I liked the heroine.  I like that she's kind of a boozy party girl and yet that isn't treated like a bad thing in general, it's just bad that she does a little too much of it.  And really, not having anyone get drunk at Christmas is a little unrealistic.  The main guy is super cute and occasionally even funny.  And oh, hello there Andie MacDowell!  Fancy seeing you and your amazing hair here!

Yeah.  I recommend it.  Hallmark-esque but with just a teaspoon more realism.  

Based on your recommendation, I just watched Christmas Inheritance.  I enjoyed it so much!  Loved seeing Andie and the lead was warm and relatable.  Funny beginning and all too realistic for a wealthy young lady at the holidays.  I liked the charity message and it did not come across heavy-handed and syrupy.  I also liked that she found her capabilities, better self, and a nice path for her future, both in her career and relationships.  

• Love 2
3 hours ago, susannot said:

I liked A Christmas Love Story with Kristin Chenoweth well enough.  She was very good and of course there was music and singing.  I didn't think that the young kid had a great voice, as the story tried to sell us, but their final duet together was fine.  The twist near the end of the movie got me though and was a heartstring puller for sure.

Scott Wolf is a nice enough guy but I don't really get him as a romantic led, even in a Hallmark movie.

I thought the kid's voice was good when she first heard him, but the final duet wasn't a good fit for his voice at all and she understandably outshone him. I liked the movie, though, and Kristin was great. She gave me some good laughs. 

Agree with your other comments. Scott Wolf was actually better here than in the few episodes of Nancy Drew that I watched.

• Love 1
4 hours ago, dvr devotee said:

Just finished watching Christmas Matchmakers (NOT to be confused with Matchmaker Christmas, so IMDB tells me) on IonPlus, and...like, I think the movie ended before they actually showed the end? They showed some quick credits but that totally did not seem to be the note I swore they would end on. And if it was the actual intended ending, it's hot garbage, because you just don't end ANY cheesy romantic movie completely open-ended like that. Did anyone else see it? It was like the blue balls of movie endings.

I saw it. That is indeed how they ended it--with a montage and then the young male lead getting up.  Honestly, everything they did with that couple after he kissed her in the gardens was pretty much hot garbage so the ending actually seemed fitting. They both became somewhat despicable in different ways.  He was awful for badgering her and not respecting her "no" when he wanted to get into a relationship right away even though she rightly pointed out that she had just gotten out of a year long relationship.  She was garbage when she told him he had no choice but to be friends.  I did like he said he did have a choice and walked away.  Then the next time we see her, she's lamenting that the person she thought could be "the one" doesn't want to have anything to do with her.  If she's thinking of him in "the one" terms then she probably is already over her former relationship* so maybe she should have said something like wanting to take it slow instead of no.  She goes to see him and said that she was sad when she learned he quit his job and thinks there's something between them but when he asks where she stands she's all "like, I dunno...." So still kind of a no but acting like it's a yes to everyone else.

*Speaking of this former relationship.  When the breakup happens because she finally realizes he's not really into her (what was the clue, him going to Colorado even though you can't?) she's not upset they're over, she's upset she "wasted" a year on him.  Girl, she is about 26.  That is called dating at that age.  Wasting a year...sheesh.

I actually hope they never get together but it kind of feels like they might want to do a sequel based on how up in the air both couples were.

4 hours ago, absnow54 said:

I kind of liked Grounded for Christmas. I was excited about the premise, but the execution was underwhelming. The love interest went from an annoyance to TOO PERFECT too quickly.

I mostly liked it as well but the beginning was so good in that they were both pilots and both a little cocky.  Neither were ridiculous but the clashes were understandable.  I think the movie would have been better if he kept that attitude.  There would have been no hesitation about fake kisses when needed.  There would be none of the ridiculousness of him asking her to change his reputation via social media.  (He's single, why would he care if he's known as a ladies man?)  This is another movie that could be made into a horror movie because he lied about having an aunt.  That made him look a bit like a sociopath with his ingratiating himself in this family's life with meditation, being perfect and carefully crafting lies about his life so he wouldn't seem weird.  Hmmm....

But my biggest gripe was the fact that the airport was closed for three or four days while a town an hour outside of airport town basically had no weather.  (Oddly enough, I think the same thing happened in A Very British Christmas when her flight was "diverted."  I believe it was for weather that wasn't at all on the screen.) Some flights get cancelled for the cold but the whole airport wouldn't shut down.  They'd just try to bring in more workers to do the ground work.  And I know flights get cancelled/runways reduced when snow falls at a certain pace but I had a hard time believing Meghan (yes, it was WS Meghan) would close it for three days while everything proceeded as normal in Vernon Falls--including being able to walk to town.  Contrary to what the male lead said, they were not dressed super warmly.

I don't think I have many gripes about Christmas in Paris in comparison. It wasn't super exciting but I did like the scenery.  And I liked that they hired  a real French lead who I think had a super sexy way of kissing.  It wasn't explicit or tongue-filled or anything like that but the sensuality in his approach would get him banned from Hallmark for sure.

I think my biggest gripe was that it was silly that the male lead and his mother would speak English when they were alone. They're both French.  I doubt they'd mostly do English with just a few French phrases peppered in here or there.

Edited by Irlandesa
  • Love 1

I’m watching Christmas Jars on BYU. I like it so far. BYU also airs one of my old favorites Christmas Angel with Bruce Davison. Also, another favorite that’s different from the usual, Angel in the House with Ioan Gruffund  

There are so many movies on so many channels, I can’t keep up! 

5 hours ago, Irlandesa said:

But my biggest gripe was the fact that the airport was closed for three or four days while a town an hour outside of airport town basically had no weather.  (Oddly enough, I think the same thing happened in A Very British Christmas when her flight was "diverted."  I believe it was for weather that wasn't at all on the screen.) Some flights get cancelled for the cold but the whole airport wouldn't shut down.  They'd just try to bring in more workers to do the ground work.  And I know flights get cancelled/runways reduced when snow falls at a certain pace but I had a hard time believing Meghan (yes, it was WS Meghan) would close it for three days while everything proceeded as normal in Vernon Falls--including being able to walk to town.  Contrary to what the male lead said, they were not dressed super warmly.

Yes! There's no way an airport would so lackadaisically be closed for the 3 days leading up to Christmas. My sister once got delayed an entire week trying to fly out of NYC after a big holiday storm, so getting bounced around on flights, even while the airport is running would have been perfectly believable. There should have been an ongoing struggle for her to get on a standby list, but constantly giving her seat up because someone needs it more than her to be with their family at Christmas. Also, I don't get why she didn't just go back to her apartment the next morning, when it was weather appropriate to walk to town.

• Love 1
12 hours ago, Scarlett45 said:

That was actually some what realistic. I worked retail in college and one of the first jobs new people get is to stand in the front and greet people as they enter, helps prevent shop lifting and you direct the customer to the right department/area of the store. When no one is walking in I did re-organize tables though. 

Yeah, that part was true I guess, although something about the way she was doing it and ran to the elevator and just left her assigned post also didn't work for me.  It's a shame as I wanted to like it, since I do like the actress.

• Love 1

As far as i'm concerned, A Storybook Christmas was okay, nothing more, nothing less.

I'm always up for more Ali Liebert, but overall, I felt the movie, here and there, struggled to keep a consistent tone, between Liebert's very animated energy, the okayish romance (not as much of a fan of Epstein as some, but he got the job done), the melodramatic trauma re: the niece's dead parents, and so on.

That said, the fact that the snow and the cold were real was a plus, so... it was okay.

Watching Window Wonderland right now.  So, so good!  It almost makes up for not getting to see Love at the Thanksgiving Day Parade.  Which reminds me, so far haven't seen Fir Christmas on the schedule.  Luckily I have that one on DVD...just need to find it!  

Edited by PennyPlain
  • Love 7
On 12/6/2019 at 1:17 PM, PennyPlain said:

One question - has there ever been a Hallmark Christmas movie where NO ONE had hot chocolate?  Or at least one person HATES hot chocolate??

lol  No.  I've even seen them show hot chocolate carts/stands IN THE BIG BAD CITY.

I mean, I enjoy fantasy/escapism as much as the next person but this is just beyond ridiculous!

• LOL 1
  • Love 2

One question - has there ever been a Hallmark Christmas movie where NO ONE had hot chocolate?

I think someone @ Hallmark is catching on, in the Kristen Chenoweth movie AND the Rachel Boston/ two rival Colorado Inns movie (can't remember either title, sorry) People were offered peppermint tea instead of cocoa/eggnog. So we have a third holiday beverage people-- and you folks were complaining about a lack of diversity. (sarcasm font)

• LOL 8
  • Love 2

In Christmas Matchmakers, the male character had said he was going to stick around at his job for more time at least through the holidays, before potentially moving away.  There's time for those two to see each other and figure out what they want.  That's up to the viewer's imagination or not.

Edited by K-9
2 hours ago, PennyPlain said:

Watching Window Wonderland right now.  So, so good!  It almost makes up for not getting to see Love at the Thanksgiving Day Parade.  Which reminds me, so far haven't seen Fir Christmas on the schedule.  Luckily I have that one on DVD...just need to find it!  

Yay! One of my favorites. I loved Paul Campbell in that one.

Christmas Unleashed is good so far. I’m a sucker for adorable dogs. Vanessa Lachey continues to be a good lead- loved her in A Twist for Christmas.

• Love 1

I have definitely hit the point where the Christmas movie market is so over saturated that it is beginning to kill my interest. I’m finding myself choosing to watch something else or only giving the movies a short time to grab my attention. 

6 hours ago, pigs-in-space said:

Yeah, that part was true I guess, although something about the way she was doing it and ran to the elevator and just left her assigned post also didn't work for me.  It's a shame as I wanted to like it, since I do like the actress.

I had the same problem. The way she was  doing the job left me feeling like she had no training and was very unrealistic. Then there was the ridiculousness of the owner mystery shopping a temp on the busiest day of the year with an impossible scenario. And when Winter Storm Meghan caused them to be short staffed so they put her on making candy canes. Other than the owner I never saw her helping a single customer. Whoever wrote this seemed to have mixed up temp holiday help with Undercover Boss. 

Edited by Guest
4 hours ago, PennyPlain said:

You have one more chance to see Love at the Thanksgiving Day Parade if you have a DVR, PennyPlain! December 31 at 5 a.m. (eastern time) 

I have definitely hit the point where the Christmas movie market is so over saturated and is beginning to kill my interest. I’m finding myself choosing to watch something else or only giving the movies a short time to grab my attention. 

I feel the same way, Dani. I've stopped trying to record and watch everything. I have just a few left I feel strongly about seeing, and those are the only ones I care about. If I catch other movies, fine. I've already deleted several from this season from my DVR unwatched. There's just not enough time in my life to catch them all. Maybe one day when I'm retired, LOL. 

Edited by kirinan
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, kirinan said:

Maybe one day when I'm retired, LOL.

I'm retired and I am not DVRing anything.  It's just the same stories over and over ad nauseum.  I am at a point where I feel better throwing a rubber brick at the TV that watching most of this dreck.  Oh for the days of good stories, acting, and actors like A Season for Miracles.

• Love 7

So I just watched Turkey Drop- which I guess is a christmas movie- and for a holiday movie, I was quite impressed.  I felt like the couple actually had....sparks between them, and the female protagonist didn't have to give up her career/career ambitions to save the farm. Who knew??

It was so much better than christmas cinderella, which, I am ashamed to say, are two hours of my life I am never getting back,

• Love 2
18 hours ago, Dani said:

I have definitely hit the point where the Christmas movie market is so over saturated that it is beginning to kill my interest. I’m finding myself choosing to watch something else or only giving the movies a short time to grab my attention. 

That's why I'm not watching any in the first place, with the exception of the few that I actually like and/or aren't half-bad.

• Love 2

Caroll Spinney's passing inspired me to revisit Muppet Family Christmas.  When I first watched it again after how many years I had forgotten that Swedish Chef was trying to cook Big Bird for Christmas dinner and was horrified, but I love how he won Swedish Chef over by obliviously offering him a Christmas present because he figured he'd be homesick for Sweden.

• Love 4
3 hours ago, Spartan Girl said:

Caroll Spinney's passing inspired me to revisit Muppet Family Christmas.  When I first watched it again after how many years I had forgotten that Swedish Chef was trying to cook Big Bird for Christmas dinner and was horrified, but I love how he won Swedish Chef over by obliviously offering him a Christmas present because he figured he'd be homesick for Sweden.

This is one of my FAVORITE Christmas movies! I think I was 3 or 4 when it fired aired. I'm so sad that I've never found it on dvd anywhere.

I watched A Christmas Love Story and could tell it was a Hall of Fame movie.  Not nearly as good as the original HOF movies from my childhood, but it was a cut above.  I thought they did a good job with the dialogue, and cheesy lines were pointed out as cheesy.  Kristin only really sang at the end.  I love her voice, but appreciate the show not overdoing her singing and letting the kids shine instead.  Not bad at all!

• Love 3

Mistletoe and Menorahs is annoying me so far. The lead and her stupid coffee ordering shtick is annoying me, along with her having to know EVERYTHING about Hanukkah. I may try it again since you guys like it but so far, blah.

• Love 2

I’m watching Wrapped up In Christmas on Lifetime (2017), I haven’t caught this one before, but I recognized Tatiana Ali’s face when my Directv showed me “what’s on now”. Omg SQUEE it’s a 90s Sitcom throw back! Jackée Harry, Kim Fields, Jasmine Guy, Geoffrey from Fresh Prince of Bel Air (damn Whats his name??). So far it’s cute. 

• Love 4

I enjoyed Christmas at Dollywood.  Niall Matter and Danica made a good pairing and I do enjoy Dolly. The story was pretty standard Hallmark but I felt it had a bit of buoyancy if that makes any sense. 

I was surprised to see them go to a hard core bar.  They line danced instead of drinking but it gave it a non-Hallmark feel. I do wish the Dollywood filiming had been a bit better, though.  I never really got the on location sense.

• Love 2

Was doing chores while Every Day But Christmas was playing in the background (on Bounce TV).  Caught some of the plot just by ear.   But the last twenty-five minutes was drawn to stop chores and watch the ending.  Now I plan to watch the whole movie, as I clearly missed out on some interesting scenes with mysterious characters who interacted with main character, Jordan.

• Useful 1
  • Love 1

Mistletoe & Menorahs was a tad frustrating, and I think I liked the idea more than the (very broad) execution : between the lead, a bit overenthusiastic and hyper, the not too bright love interest (who somehow has never heard of a single mainstream Christmas tradition, and hangs parsley instead of mistletoe), the caricatural supporting cast, the bizarro view of the toy industry (and the awful toy lines idea + prototypes), it kinda felt like a first draft of a better movie, something that would feel less "Hanukkah (& Christmas) for dummies".

• Love 3

Journey Back to Christmas - just watched it.  Very nicely done.  Of course the whole time travel plot is full of holes but I don't care!  My only problem with this movie was the troublemaking woman who took it upon herself to accuse Hannah of being a scammer.  I guess they needed a "baddie" though.

• Love 2
4 hours ago, Kaoteek said:

Mistletoe & Menorahs was a tad frustrating, and I think I liked the idea more than the (very broad) execution : between the lead, a bit overenthusiastic and hyper, the not too bright love interest (who somehow has never heard of a single mainstream Christmas tradition, and hangs parsley instead of mistletoe), the caricatural supporting cast, the bizarro view of the toy industry (and the awful toy lines idea + prototypes), it kinda felt like a first draft of a better movie, something that would feel less "Hanukkah (& Christmas) for dummies".

Totally agree, but I ended up finding it charming. The leads had nice chemistry and were sweet together. 

• Love 3
24 minutes ago, twoods said:

Totally agree, but I ended up finding it charming. The leads had nice chemistry and were sweet together. 

Not my favorite but different enough from the usual pap to have me view the whole thing.  Had to suspend disbelief over the toys but at least they attempted to address Hanukka for a change and not just as a comic, fish-out-of-water plot.

• Love 2

I had never seen The Mistle Tones until it was mentioned in this thread so I recorded it and oh man, it was so joyful.  So many movies with music these days don't have enough fun with it. 

I also watched Ghosting.  I loved the story about friendship but I also thought the leads were super sexy together.

I always loved Freeform holiday movies.  (Although I haven't seen Turkey Drop yet and I guess I shouldn't?)

• Love 5

So glad you all recommended The Mistle-Tones. I adore these movies that are primarily comic (The Christmas Consultant is also a favorite). Tori Spelling, while way over-the-top, was hilarious with her facial expressions and the supporting cast had excellent comedic timing. Tia Mowry’s scene with Reginald VelJohnson at home on the couch was so real and so well acted! I was also surprised that the ending showdown didn’t turn out as I expected. I wish more movies were done this well 😕

• Love 4

Oh, boy, was Lifetime's Staging Christmas awkward. So awkward, in fact, that I ended up ffwding through parts of it to avoid the stilted writing (nothing felt natural, clichés abounded), acting (George Stultz was often wooden & flat, the others weren't much better), blocking, pacing, production design, ADR, wardrobe and hair choices, and the ridiculous, cheesy soft focus on every close-up shot of Soleil Moon Frye...

Add to that a weird fascination for the art of roasting and selling coffee, and there you go : probably the worst Christmas movie i've watched in 2019. Eh, at least the Australian Shepherd puppy, at the very end, was cute.

• Useful 1
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, Camille said:

I'm disappointed that neither Mickey's Christmas Carol nor the 1984 version appear to be on the schedule.

I am assuming the lack of Mickey's Christmas Carol on cable TV is due to Disney Plus. Disney pulled their content and moved to their platform. There were a couple of other Mickey Christmas specials that would air as well that are nowhere to be found.

• Useful 2
  • Love 2
6 hours ago, Kaoteek said:

Oh, boy, was Lifetime's Staging Christmas awkward. So awkward, in fact, that I ended up ffwding through parts of it to avoid the stilted writing (nothing felt natural, clichés abounded), acting (George Stultz was often wooden & flat, the others weren't much better), blocking, pacing, production design, ADR, wardrobe and hair choices, and the ridiculous, cheesy soft focus on every close-up shot of Soleil Moon Frye...

Add to that a weird fascination for the art of roasting and selling coffee, and there you go : probably the worst Christmas movie i've watched in 2019. Eh, at least the Australian Shepherd puppy, at the very end, was cute.

I thought George Stultz was so creepy in this one. Gave off a serial killer vibe, lol. I think it was a combination of how robotic he was and the overly stiff preacher hair.

• LOL 1
1 hour ago, crimsongrl said:

It appears Battle of the Nutcrackers is only available online through your service provider or the Ovation Tv App. 😒

That's a shame. I wonder if ratings have dropped over the years. But what did they expect with the terrible versions they had last year and the ridiculous time of the day they aired them?

Will they still show the winner on Christmas Eve?

7 hours ago, Direwolf said:

am assuming the lack of Mickey's Christmas Carol on cable TV is due to Disney Plus. Disney pulled their content and moved to their platform. There were a couple of other Mickey Christmas specials that would air as well that are nowhere to be found.

While there have been a few years when Mickey's Christmas Carol wasn't aired, I don't think there's ever been a year when the 1984 Christmas Carol wasn't shown, so it's very strange to not see it scheduled.

• Love 1
52 minutes ago, Camille said:

That's a shame. I wonder if ratings have dropped over the years. But what did they expect with the terrible versions they had last year and the ridiculous time of the day they aired them?

Will they still show the winner on Christmas Eve?

I'm about 40 minutes into the Czech National Ballet version and I don't care for it at all! Where's Clara?!

My guide has an untitled slot for December 24th at 6pm(Central) so maybe they'll show it then! 🤞

A Christmas Wish was surprisingly good.  Located in the south so no fake snow strewn around with leaves on the trees.  Small houses not decorated like Balsam Hill vomited in there.  A gay couple with a child.  People of color.  

Hallmark lovers are probably swooning at all of this sacrilege.

• LOL 3
  • Love 4
4 hours ago, crimsongrl said:

I'm about 40 minutes into the Czech National Ballet version and I don't care for it at all! Where's Clara?!

That one was probably my least favorite of last year's terrible offerings.

I don't see the Australian version listed. 😟 

I just found it and. . .WTF?

That is NOT the version I've been going on and on about--this one is:

Damnit. THAT's what I thought I was voting for, not the crap I got.

On the other hand, I feel a little bad for complaining about the Royal Ballet version (which is wonderful, I was just tired of always seeing it). They've been showing a more recent version, so at least it doesn't look 90 years old.

Edited by Camille
  • Love 1
8 hours ago, StrictTime said:

I thought George Stultz was so creepy in this one. Gave off a serial killer vibe, lol. I think it was a combination of how robotic he was and the overly stiff preacher hair.

Yes ! Especially since every now and then, he had those stares supposed to portray him gazing longingly at SMF and pining for her love, stares that were long, cold and intense enough that instead, it ended up feeling like he was trying to figure out how many bags it would take to dispose of her body. Wholesome holiday fun, in short. ^^

Edited by Kaoteek
  • LOL 9
  • Love 1

Just a heads-up for the Colin Ferguson lovers among us (and I know there are at least a couple): 9 p.m. tomorrow (12/14), Hallmark Movies & Mysteries, Christmas in Montana. Kellie Martin is the actress. This is one case where I don't care how good or bad it is, I'm in it for the whole movie because Colin. (If I can sit through Lake Placid 3 for him, I can sit through ANYTHING.)

I'm glad DVR was invented, because Brittany Bristow's movie is on at 8 the same night on the Hallmark Channel. She's one of my HM favorites; she's such an engaging, likable actress. The movie looks like it might be kind of generic (what am I saying, this is Hallmark, they're just about ALL generic lately), but I'm eager to see how she is as a lead. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 2
On 12/11/2019 at 4:36 AM, Irlandesa said:

I enjoyed Christmas at Dollywood.  Niall Matter and Danica made a good pairing and I do enjoy Dolly. The story was pretty standard Hallmark but I felt it had a bit of buoyancy if that makes any sense. 

I was surprised to see them go to a hard core bar.  They line danced instead of drinking but it gave it a non-Hallmark feel. I do wish the Dollywood filiming had been a bit better, though.  I never really got the on location sense.

Same here. It was basic Hallmark, but Danica seemed to enjoy herself a lot, and her energy and enthusiasm were contagious. Also, a Sarah Strange cameo is always welcome.

• Useful 1
  • Love 1