Type keyword(s) to search

Holiday TV Movies & (Non-Rankin Bass) Holiday Specials - General Discussion

• Start Topic

I saw Blue Ridge Mountain Christmas but I can't for the life of me remember most of it. I guess it didn't help I was cooking with it on, but it was pleasant enough and from the bits I do remember, Rachel LC was still adorable. Not sure I'll watch it again but it was great background noise for me.

The trailer for Knight Before Christmas dropped and I'm so freakin here for it!

Time traveling forward movies & books are my jam (love you Kate and Leopold) and I can already tell this is going to be on my fave list of new premieres if not my fave. I imagine Netflix is going to come out on top again this year. I already have their premieres from last year lined up to rewatch. 

• Love 4
4 hours ago, MissyPoo said:

The trailer for Knight Before Christmas dropped and I'm so freakin here for it!

Time traveling forward movies & books are my jam (love you Kate and Leopold) and I can already tell this is going to be on my fave list of new premieres if not my fave. I imagine Netflix is going to come out on top again this year. I already have their premieres from last year lined up to rewatch. 

Oh, man, this one makes me wish I had Netflix. I'm such a sucker for time travel movies. I can't wait to hear what everyone thinks of it.

Blue Ridge Mountain Christmas didn't do much for me even though I like the stars.  Do you ever watch a movie and get an opinion, even though you know it's unlikely to happen and then get disappointed when it doesn't happen?

The movie really convinced me that the prospective buyer for the hotel would be a good owner.  And that the current owner/love interest would really be happier to walk away.  I was hoping the prospective owner would actually buy it and then the lead actress character would run it.

Holiday For Heroes was decent albeit with a stupid misunderstanding. I'm not usually big on the military-themed movies but I think the stars saved it. 

I had a lot of fun with Let it Snow on Netflix.  It's frothy teenage-esque Love Actually.

• Love 4

Let It Snow was so cute! I needed a feel good movie and got it. When I saw Ben from the Descendants movies I was hoping he would sing and was not disappointed. I enjoyed all the storylines- it reminded me of Can’t Hardly Wait mixed with Love Actually and Empire Records.

Edited by twoods
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, Irlandesa said:

Blue Ridge Mountain Christmas didn't do much for me even though I like the stars.  Do you ever watch a movie and get an opinion, even though you know it's unlikely to happen and then get disappointed when it doesn't happen?

The movie really convinced me that the prospective buyer for the hotel would be a good owner.  And that the current owner/love interest would really be happier to walk away.  I was hoping the prospective owner would actually buy it and then the lead actress character would run it.

That would have been a much better ending. I was mostly enjoying it until the last 30 minutes when all the momentum came to a halt and became completely focused on convincing him to keep the inn. The rest of the movie was good enough to save the bad ending. 

On 10/30/2019 at 9:03 AM, Dejana said:

I'll have to give Vanessa Hudgens this- she really is doing whatever she can to stay relevant and connect with an audience. Her attempt to be a "serious" actress didn't work out and she's doing this kind of stuff instead and it seems to be working. Netflix clearly wants a Romcom Christmas movie lead and she's the right fit for that kind of stuff.

• Love 2
19 hours ago, Homily said:

Watching Christmas Land right now, it starts with Maureen McCormick playing the grandmother of a 10 yr old.  Good god almighty.  I'm older than I thought!!

It’s a shame that I missed it, because that sounds like a good one.

4 hours ago, MikaelaArsenault said:

It’s a shame that I missed it, because that sounds like a good one.

I've never seen it, but always remember the title because Christmas Land has some of the worst reviews I've ever seen for one of these movies.

Edited by AnnaRose
  • Love 1

I loved Holiday for Heroes.   I loved the cast which was pretty diverse for Hallmark.

I love Marc Blucas. Maybe eventually they’ll have him play  a former college basketball player since he was one  

I thought Melissa Claire Egan was good too. Maybe Hallmark will add her to their regular actress list. 

• Love 2
57 minutes ago, Veronica said:

I loved Holiday for Heroes.   I loved the cast which was pretty diverse for Hallmark.

I love Marc Blucas. Maybe eventually they’ll have him play  a former college basketball player since he was one  

I thought Melissa Claire Egan was good too. Maybe Hallmark will add her to their regular actress list. 

This was full of PSA’s but I absolutely loved this movie anyway. 

I loved loved loved Marc Blucas in this role, he is so good.  He has that boyish charm while still being the responsible adult that the character called for down pat.  

I did wonder out loud about who was paying for all the electricity for all those lights though!  Mr C. Says “Hallmark, silly”. Ha 

• Love 1

I loved Holiday for Heroes, mainly for my love Marc Blucas.  I have had a celeb crush on him since his Buffy days.  I think they could have done with out the misunderstanding because honestly they did not need it. There was already conflict in his decision on what to do with his life. Plus I loved that Patty Murin(Pam) tweeted her way Into a role https://www.eonline.com/news/1088412/how-patti-murin-tweeted-her-way-into-a-hallmark-christmas-movie

Edited by Aliconehead
  • Love 2

I didn't hate Netflix's Let It Snow. I didn't love it either, though.

I liked most of the cast (can't say i'm particularly fond of Kiernan Shipka, and Odeya Rush didn't make much of an impression, but the rest of them were likeable), the snowed-in "Illinois" + Joan Cusack felt very John Hughes, and in theory, I was all for a teen version of those ensemble cast rom-coms à la Garry Marshall or Love Actually, but the writing was sometimes just too bland for me, with plenty of unearned moments, rushed and awkward bits (mostly in the first hour, as if the movie was initially a 2h movie cut short to fit some sort of Netflix format), and so-so characterization (it didn't help that those storylines were not all compelling).

So, as I said, there was some good here and there, and some less good.

Edited by Kaoteek
3 hours ago, MikaelaArsenault said:

I really don’t get why none of the Hallmark channels are showing Ebbie this year.

A Diva's Christmas Carol and Ms. Scrooge are showing on there though, so go figure.

They probably don’t have the rights. It was originally a Lifetime movie. 

5 hours ago, AnnaRose said:

I've never seen it, but always remember the title because Christmas Land has some of the worst reviews I've ever seen for one of these movies.

I didn't even make it to the grand finale.  I agree with one of those reviews, the first 30 minutes was very good - and then IMO it totally tanked.  I admit I tape and start to watch a lot more of these movies then I finish but this one in particular I didn't even fast forward to the end.  After reading the reviews I'm glad I didn't bother!  That said if anyone posting here has a more positive opinion I'd be glad to reconsider - it's not like it won't be shown a bunch more times before Christmas.

• Love 1

Holiday for Heroes was not bad.   I'm generally not as big of a fan of the military-themed Christmas romances as so many other people are, but I thought that Marc Blucas and Melissa Claire Egan were good together.  They had a pretty decent chemistry, and it felt like the relationship was evolving at a nice, non-rushed pace.  The dreaded misunderstanding was not necessary in this movie, though.  She showed zero interest in the other guy, and there was no reason to think that she was into him.  

The kiss came along too late in the story (after the interrupted almost-kiss), and it seemed like all that was happening for half the movie was Melissa's character inviting him to different events.  Also...

Spoiler

In these Hallmark military movies, we always know that someone who is not expected to return home for Christmas -- or maybe someone who is presumed dead -- will return in a triumphant, uplifting way that will surprise everyone and bring them to tears.  Whether it's a dog, a boyfriend, a spouse or another family member, we can count on a dramatic and poignant surprise appearance of the long lost pet or loved one by the end of the movie.  

So I could guess from the beginning of Holiday for Heroes that we'd be seeing the "can't get home for Christmas" crew pop up by the end of the movie, and we did.  But... I think that kind of scene -- the "big reveal" -- was executed a bit more effectively in Operation Christmas (also with Marc Blucas) from 3 years ago.  I think it was a better and more emotional moment in Operation Christmas than in Holiday for Heroes.

Edited by TVFan17
  • Love 1

Watching Radio Christmas on Lifetime. I never lived in Bethlehem, PA though I went to college with people who did and I did visit there. It's a long commute to Philly but doable if she really wanted to go there. It would never be that sunny during the holidays in Bethlehem.  Also it's not that small of a town.  It's one of the 10 largest cities in the state.

• Useful 1
  • Love 2

I liked Holiday for Heroes but that is mostly because of the lead actors and a very good supporting cast. Matt doing the robot may have been the most enjoyable moment in any movie so far. 

The misunderstanding and the party issues felt really contrived. I found it unbelievable that the town would back out of an annual party supporting the troops or choose not to match you toy donations. Military bases don’t become ghost towns during deployments and there is no chance that soldiers have been able to come home every other year. 

9 hours ago, Kaoteek said:

I didn't hate Netflix's Let It Snow. I didn't love it either, though.

I liked most of the cast (can't say i'm particularly fond of Kiernan Shipka, and Odeya Rush didn't make much of an impression, but the rest of them were likeable), the snowed-in "Illinois" + Joan Cusack felt very John Hughes, and in theory, I was all for a teen version of those ensemble cast rom-coms à la Garry Marshall or Love Actually, but the writing was sometimes just too bland for me, with plenty of unearned moments, rushed and awkward bits (mostly in the first hour, as if the movie was initially a 2h movie cut short to fit some sort of Netflix format), and so-so characterization (it didn't help that those storylines were not all compelling).

So, as I said, there was some good here and there, and some less good.

I thought it was fun, but I was annoyed at how much they changed from the book. The Stuart/Julie storyline was my favorite from the book, and it's almost unrecognizable. Stuart is not a pop star, and Julie is traveling to Virginia and dealing with her parents being stuck in Florida after they get arrested for a riot at a Flobie Elf village shop. She's staying with Stuart's family, and his Mom is pushing her at him because Stuart is nursing a breakup. Julie's big conflict is her snobby boyfriend treating her like crap. The Dorrie lesbian storyline didn't exist at all, and Jeb really did care for Addie and they end up happily ever after. I thought if they really wanted a LGBT couple, they should have just genderflipped either Jeb or Addie like what they did in the After adaption to make the roommate lesbian. Anyway for all they did for inclusivity I still came across a tweet complaining about there being no black female. (I guess the little girl doesn't count?) I do think this was pretty solid by Netflix teen movie standards.

Edited by methodwriter85
1 hour ago, In2You said:

Winter Storm Meghan strikes another Lifetime film. And Lifetime films are feeling so boring this year. 

Boring is the perfect description for Lifetime this year. The only ones I’ve been able to finish are where I really like the lead actresses. I quit Radio Christmas after 30 minutes after absolutely nothing interesting happened. 

Has anyone watched Picture a Perfect Christmas yet? I like the lead but the it looks bland and I’m just not in the mood for another mediocre movie right now. 

1 hour ago, Dani said:

Boring is the perfect description for Lifetime this year. The only ones I’ve been able to finish are where I really like the lead actresses. I quit Radio Christmas after 30 minutes after absolutely nothing interesting happened. 

Has anyone watched Picture a Perfect Christmas yet? I like the lead but the it looks bland and I’m just not in the mood for another mediocre movie right now. 

I watched Picture a Perfect Christmas. But, as I've said before, I seem to have different taste than most here and disagree on the movies. So take my opinion with a grain of salt. I actually enjoyed it. I thought the leads had good chemistry that grew as the movie progressed, which is primarily why I liked it. There were some of the usual silly aspects, but I could overlook them. Also no real misunderstanding which was nice.

• Love 5
3 hours ago, In2You said:

Winter Storm Meghan strikes another Lifetime film. And Lifetime films are feeling so boring this year. Very Hallmark-like. 

Ugh.  They're worse than Hallmark this year, IMO. In the past, they used to be the channel that would deliver holiday movies with actors who were just a touch better, with scripts that were a little tighter and with leads who were allowed to be a little sexier.  I think there has only been one Lifetime movie this season that I've found watchable. 

Hallmark, surprisingly, is having a better track record and a better track record than last year when it comes to movies I find watchable.  There hasn't been a great one or instant classic yet but a few I was happy to watch and maybe one or two I'd be happy to watch again if they came on.

They'll kill that goodwill tomorrow with a Kellie Pickler starring movie but for now, I'm happier than I was last year.

2 hours ago, Dani said:

Like @VMepicgrl, I too find myself liking things others don't and not liking things others do this year so grain of salt and all....I enjoyed Picture A Perfect Christmas quite a bit. It's one of the movie this season that I could see myself rewatching. Not necessarily going out of my way to do so but definitely rewatching.

It had some late Hallmark shenanigans, for sure.  (Hey Hallmark, big events don't happen in the week between Christmas and New Year's.) But it otherwise built its story nicely.  I think a lot of the reason I liked it had to do with the leads.  She was charming.  He had a presence.  They did have a chemistry that grew.  More importantly, the kid was a charming and naturalistic performer.  He wasn't obnoxious or overly cute so I liked the time he was on screen.

• Love 2

I also enjoyed Picture Perfect Christmas. The leads had a pleasant and easy chemistry, and they were nice to each other (I’m over the I hate you then like you storyline). They also talked about being only friends when they figured out they were being set up by her grandmother instead of there being awkwardness and misunderstanding. 

Why does Tyler Hynes have to be paired with Kellie Pickler? I love him and she’s just blah.

Edited by twoods
  • Love 6

I gotta chime in with enjoying Picture a Perfect Christmas. It's not an instant classic for me either but I'll watch it again if it's on. It's sad that I have to praise this movie early in my viewing for having the leads 1) not know each other/be college or HS sweethearts, 2) not have the leads run and crash into each other for a meet-cute but a genuine meeting with an amusing misunderstanding. It kind of reminded me of A Christmas Getaway. MP's character is like Emory, only instead of travel writing, she's a photographer with busy professional parents who were hardly ever around. One character even acknowledges how she's always traveling and never in one place too long. 

I hate to agree about Lifetime but it too is becoming bland like Hallmark. I like the fact that they did a little extra with their movies and has some originality. I am loving seeing so many POCs and BW as leads but the stories just aren't hitting it for me. So far Up is the one trying to do something a little different. 

Looking at the upcoming Hallmark previews, I see a few showing up that I have on my list. I'm hoping they start to get better...after Sunday, that is.

• Love 1
37 minutes ago, Irlandesa said:
3 hours ago, Dani said:

Like @VMepicgrl, I too find myself liking things others don't and not liking things others do this year so grain of salt and all....I enjoyed Picture A Perfect Christmas quite a bit. It's one of the movie this season that I could see myself rewatching. Not necessarily going out of my way to do so but definitely rewatching.

It had some late Hallmark shenanigans, for sure.  (Hey Hallmark, big events don't happen in the week between Christmas and New Year's.) But it otherwise built its story nicely.  I think a lot of the reason I liked it had to do with the leads.  She was charming.  He had a presence.  They did have a chemistry that grew.  More importantly, the kid was a charming and naturalistic performer.  He wasn't obnoxious or overly cute so I liked the time he was on screen.

I ended up watching and agree with everyone else. I think it’s the only movie so far that I didn’t have any major issues with and found it enjoyable all the way through. The scene when they meet was funny and well written. 

32 minutes ago, twoods said:

Why does Tyler Hynes have to be paired with Kellie Pickler? I love him and she’s just blah.

I agree. Hallmark keeps pairing her with men I really like. I’m just glad Wes Brown was freed this Christmas. 

Edited by Guest

Count me in as another one who enjoyed (most of) Picture a Perfect Christmas.  I thought that Jon Cor and Merritt Patterson were very good together, and had obvious chemistry.   In fact, I liked her better with him than I have liked her with any of her other Hallmark leading men, and I liked Jon better with Merritt than I liked him with Lacey in Love on Safari.

It wasn't a perfect movie.  I could have done without all of the pageant/play stuff, and I would have enjoyed more scenes with Jon and Merritt together alone.

I liked grandma.  The little boy was fine, although I was not interested in his big performance.

My main issue was that the "interrupted kiss" thing was out of hand in this movie.  First, it's the phone interrupting them.  And then he is about to try to kiss her again, in another scene, and she stops him by saying she is leaving.   And then, near the end, there is another near miss.  But they finally kiss and then it seems to end abruptly because they realize they have to get inside to see the boy's performance.  So all of that growing chemistry seemed to fizzle a bit by the end because they didn't really have one single decent Hallmark kiss.

Jon Cor was on Twitter, live tweeting throughout the movie, and he's funny.

• Love 3

I caught Radio Christmas tonight and I have to admit, it was rather slow in the beginning and I was going to cap it for later, but I hung in there using it as background noise. As it went on, it caught more of my interest and I really liked the personalities between the leads and the little girl and the chemistry between KKP aka Rudy with her guy. There was an interesting twist there later that took me off guard because I thought it was the obvious person to out the secret but it wasn't. I like how it the true person was revealed and how. I also really liked the surprise appearance of Tim Reid and the reconciliation between father and son. I'll prob move this up with Picture a Perfect Christmas to my rewatch list if I see it on and want something cozy to have in the background.

Edited by MissyPoo
8 hours ago, Irlandesa said:

They'll kill that goodwill tomorrow with a Kellie Pickler starring movie but for now, I'm happier than I was last year.

It's a measure of my love for Tyler Hynes that I'll watch every minute of this. I'm going to hope Kellie Pickler is less...well, Kellie Pickler. I'll just block my ears and think of Tyler, LOL. 

I enjoyed Picture a Perfect Christmas, too. As TVFan17 said, I could have done without the pageant stuff, but the rest of it was pleasant. I already like Merritt Patterson, and Jon Cor was a nice surprise. They had a lot of chemistry, suitable for the days of old Hallmark when you could suspect that the two leads might actually do the deed offscreen. My favorite character was probably the grandmother, though. She was kind of the pushy matchmaker, but it wasn't off-putting; just a wise older woman who's been through it and wants the best for her granddaughter.

Another movie I watched yesterday (on DVR) was A Christmas Switch, on UP TV. It was one of last year's movies, about a record company president and a singing waitress who switch bodies, and I was surprised by how much I liked it. I mentioned in the UP TV thread that some of their movies have really surprised me this year; I've seen a couple I enjoyed much more than I expected to. They're not all good, sure, but they're also not as formulaic as Hallmark, which is a nice change.

• Love 3

I thought Picture a Perfect Christmas was a perfect example of a perfectly innocuous Hallmark Christmas movie - the leads were both attractive, he's the single dad (uncle), she's a nice girl taking care of her grandmother, there's a cute dog, and the only drama is that (horrors!) she might miss the Christmas pageant. It was completely inoffensive and so bland that tomorrow I won't be able to remember what it was about. It didn't help that yesterday I rewatched Nine Lives of Christmas which has an actual plot and stars with a tremendous amount of personality and charisma.

• Love 4

We are waiting an hour before going out to some of the places that have Veterans Day events. Watching Christmas Joy. Product placement times 100. Almost as bad as the Stallone movie that was one big Taco Bell ad.

First shot of the lead, she holds a Hallmark folding card that turns into a display scene, lot closeup on the Hallmark. 

Every major indoor scene has either a closeup of a Hallmark ornament or a Balsam Hill box being unpacked. 

The only exception is the small town elderly relative who gets injured taking down boxes of Christmas decorations, forcing the lead to leave her important city job to come home. No sign of Hallmark or Balsam anywhere in that scene.

• LOL 3
14 hours ago, In2You said:

Watching Radio Christmas on Lifetime. I never lived in Bethlehem, PA though I went to college with people who did and I did visit there. It's a long commute to Philly but doable if she really wanted to go there. It would never be that sunny during the holidays in Bethlehem.  Also it's not that small of a town.  It's one of the 10 largest cities in the state.

I do live in Bethlehem, and though I affectionately call it the biggest small town in America, with a population of 75,000 it’s not exactly the little village the movie portrays.  I took the most umbrage at the liberties they took with the town’s founding story, though.  We were indeed founded on Christmas Eve, but in 1741, not 1896, and the Moravian settlers weren’t so much missionaries as they were seeking religious freedom.  I mean, ok, some artistic license is fine, but unless that date becomes important to the plot later on...c’moooooon.

oh, jeeze, it’s still on, and the dude just told the story of how he came to live in Bethlehem (or “Bethleham” as Rudy keeps saying, grrrr).  His car broke down outside of Harrisburg, and he discovered this quaint little town...which in real-life geography is an hour and a half away.  My head is going to explode.

• LOL 4
  • Love 3

Love at the Thanksgiving Day Parade fans, DVR alert! It's on Hallmark Movies & Mysteries at 9 a.m. (eastern time) on Tuesday, 11/12.

I finally asked for the DVD for Christmas this year. Once a year is NOT enough to see the movie, and it makes me sad when I have to delete it from the DVR because I need the space.

• Love 7

Quite enjoyed Merry & Bright. Nothing to write home about, and very tropey, but it worked for me, especially since I really like the lead couple. Also, the Sharon Lawrence/doggo subplot was cute, and everybody acted like normal, mature adults (aside, maybe from the wacky proposal subplot).

Funnily enough, I noticed this movie was co-written by two regular tv writers (who worked on Boston Legal, among other things) paired with a regular HM writer, and I guess that's the reason why the writing felt snappier & tighter, here and there.

• Love 2
1 hour ago, Happywatcher said:

The only exception is the small town elderly relative who gets injured taking down boxes of Christmas decorations, forcing the lead to leave her important city job to come home. No sign of Hallmark or Balsam anywhere in that scene.

Because if you don't use Hallmark or Balsam ornaments, decorations, etc., you DIE! Maybe not today, but someday...

• LOL 7
  • Love 2
2 hours ago, Lovecat said:

I do live in Bethlehem, and though I affectionately call it the biggest small town in America, with a population of 75,000 it’s not exactly the little village the movie portrays.  I took the most umbrage at the liberties they took with the town’s founding story, though.  We were indeed founded on Christmas Eve, but in 1741, not 1896, and the Moravian settlers weren’t so much missionaries as they were seeking religious freedom.  I mean, ok, some artistic license is fine, but unless that date becomes important to the plot later on...c’moooooon.

oh, jeeze, it’s still on, and the dude just told the story of how he came to live in Bethlehem (or “Bethleham” as Rudy keeps saying, grrrr).  His car broke down outside of Harrisburg, and he discovered this quaint little town...which in real-life geography is an hour and a half away.  My head is going to explode.

Yes i freaked out when they tried to say it was outside of Harisburg cuz being from PA and having visited both cities I knew that was a lie.

• Love 1
44 minutes ago, In2You said:

Yes i freaked out when they tried to say it was outside of Harisburg cuz being from PA and having visited both cities I knew that was a lie.

I about died laughing when they showed the weather map later on and Bethlehem, Harrisburg, and Philadelphia were exactly where they belong...and Bethlehem was nowhere near Harrisburg!  Continuity fail, Film.

• LOL 1

Either the Hallmark channel or its viewers are very fond of "A Royal Christmas", because yesterday, it aired for the fourth time in the two weeks since the marathon started.

Not that I dislike it, it's actually one of the few of the Hallmark movies that I enjoy.

2 hours ago, Lovecat said:

I about died laughing when they showed the weather map later on and Bethlehem, Harrisburg, and Philadelphia were exactly where they belong...and Bethlehem was nowhere near Harrisburg!  Continuity fail, Film.

It would've made more sense if he discovered Bethlehem while on a trip to the Poconos.

• Love 2
6 hours ago, Lovecat said:

I was thinking the same about all of this. I didn't grow up there, but my family now lives a little northeast of Philly, I went to Penn State and have gone through Harrisburg a few times, and I visited Lehigh University in Bethlehem a couple of times when I almost went there for undergrad and grad school. The geography definitely made no sense. Even taking out the Harrisburg thing, you wouldn't go near Bethlehem if you're driving from Philly to Pittsburgh.

I was curious about the founding story, so I did a google search and also saw that Bethlehem was founded in 1741. Like you, I have no idea why they felt the need to make that change. The only thing I could think of is that they wanted the people in the reenactment to wear that particular style of clothing for some reason...

• Love 1

Hey guys, enjoying the new "The Mistletoe Secret". Giving Kellie Pickler a chance. 

i know i posted about patrick Duffy before, but it just saddens me how he looks. Does he refuse to let them trim down those bushy old man eyebrows? And that scraggly moustache. Also, now he looks very thin. I sure hope he isn't unwell or anything. I'm sure his wife's death really hit him hard. She was older than him but apparently they were soulmates. I know he cant can't be bobby Ewing in the shower anymore but he just looks so old and frail... What a crush i had on him. Maybe I'm just surprised he does look so old because in acting so many seem to fight looking older. Hope this makes sense.

Edited by seasons
  • Love 1

Two of my favorite Hallmark movies, On the Twelfth Day of Christmas and Christmas in Homestead, are on tomorrow back to back for those newbies who want to see a decent Christmas movie. 

I had no idea they made a sequel to Christmas with a Prince on UP. I actually really liked the original last year so am looking forward to this one when it repeats.

Edited by twoods
  • Love 1
11 hours ago, Bronx Babe said:

Watched some of Matchmaker Santa (2012).  He sure has a lot of time on his hands.  All that work just to get Lacey Chabert hooked up with the right fellow.

In our home it has a different name. C-Block Santa. Cause yeah he works pretty hard to step between Lacey's current dude to get her with the other one.  Shouldn't he be, I don't know, manning the workshop or prepping for delivery in the meantime?

1 hour ago, TVFan17 said:

Winter Storm Megan/Meghan is up to her old tricks again, in tonight's A Sweet Christmas Romance on Lifetime.

Haha I was wondering if it was mentioned in this one!

Just started watching but I'm having a hard time hanging in there. People who aren't related to or have no business already involved with Mrs. Rose's bakery have all kinds of opinions about her business all in the name of their Christmas and the community. Even to the point of complaining when the son in charge says he won't be able to pick a winner if their baked goods don't live up to the quality of his mom's baking. "But what about us and all the time we put into it?" cries the male lead. "That should count for something." 

Fool, you signed up on your own time and volition. They don't owe you a dang thing.

Or maybe I'm thinking too much into this.

I stopped when the judges dogged the lead chick's entry though I know she'll end up winning (or co-winning with lead dude if they find a way). Considering she's a food decorator and will somehow end up with the same quality as a baker of many years, yeaaah. Plus I'm not liking these folks enough to care about how it ends up at the moment. If things change and I miss something epic that you guys see, I'll check it out. Otherwise, chucking this one now cause there's just too dang many of these things to watch (including a few from last year).

• LOL 1