Jump to content
Forums forums
PRIMETIMER
CatLady

Current Plots Discussion: Actually Today's Episode

Recommended Posts

5 hours ago, MsTree said:

What did she say?  I can't believe these people...a girl can't change her hairstyle now? Pretty sad when all fans care about is her hair and not her acting. She should have just replied that she didn't want to become the next Lisa Rinna 😁

15 hours ago, Silver Raven said:

I guess Lindsay is getting a lot of negative comments about her hair, because she went on Twitter to defend it this morning.

 

Picking on LG's appearance/hair/voice etc happens a lot in this thread as well, under the guise of "freedom of expression" lol.

 

Share this post


Link to post

10 hours ago, Frozendiva said:

I thought the angel statue at the cemetery was going to send them all to another time, like in Dr. Who with the weeping angels.

Oooh, great idea. Ron, give me another OLTL style 1960's flashback!

9 hours ago, enchantingmonkey said:

As soon as Jake showed up there with Gwenny, I couldn't help but laugh.  I love the way they snark at each other.    

Just about the only time I truly enjoy Jake is when he's with Gwen.

5 hours ago, MsTree said:

Pretty sad when all fans care about is [LG's] hair and not her acting. 

I hate both her haircut and her acting lol. 

  • Like 5
  • Laugh 5

Share this post


Link to post
24 minutes ago, sweetautumn said:

Picking on LG's appearance/hair/voice etc happens a lot in this thread as well, under the guise of "freedom of expression" lol.

 

I thought she was beautiful before the horrible 19th century male waif haircut. 

Share this post


Link to post
48 minutes ago, sweetautumn said:

Picking on LG's appearance/hair/voice etc happens a lot in this thread as well, under the guise of "freedom of expression" lol.

I admit I'm guilty of griping about things like hair here in this thread, but doing it on twitter while tagging the actors is not cool IMO.

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
9 hours ago, MsTree said:

I didn't know she had an addiction...drugs or alcohol??

 

Alcohol. 

  • Like 3
  • Useful 1

Share this post


Link to post
3 hours ago, chediavolo said:

I thought she was beautiful before the horrible 19th century male waif haircut. 

Eh, I like the hair, and the thing is - it's HAIR.  It grows.  If she gets sick of it, she can change it.  I think it is FAR better than the botox fish face that seems to be all the rage with the female actors lately.  They get so much botox, the only thing that moves is their mouth - and not the entire mouth, only the lips.  They then get the lips plumped - giving them fish mouth.   I really don't understand why someone (especially someone as naturally beautiful as Nadia) would want to do that to themselves, but, it's their body so I guess they can do whatever they want with it.

  • Like 7

Share this post


Link to post

Nice to see Shawn again.  Does he look different though?  Thinner?  Different hair style?  Whatever it is, it was distracting me, as he looked so much like Bo. Anyone else notice the resemblance?

Bye Rhodes.  That was unexpected, and a bit gory. 

I sort of enjoyed the banter between Kate and Philip.  Nice at least to have her seeing her son, even if they spent most of the time talking about her love life.

  • Like 9

Share this post


Link to post

So Statesville has a sign by the phone limiting the length of the call, but not the number of calls you can make. Is that the loophole Kristin is using to abuse the privilege? Was almost surprised she wasn't on the phone when Clyde and Orpheus were standing there.  Never the less, I do enjoy the men at the prison.  Orpheus always provides intrigue (did Vincent really kill himself or did Orpheus do it for him?)and Clyde's and Ben's conversation about Ben visiting a psychic was humorous.  

Speaking of Ben, maybe his brother-in-law the cop would take him more seriously if he pulled out his phone and showed him the number that called him so they could trace it.  Though at least Shawn did run a check on Rhodes.  This silliness though of Hope on a hunt, who never even takes a break for holidays/weddings/funerals, has grown stale and illogical long ago. When Ciara is found somewhere around Salem, what are they going to say to explain Hope's absence then?  I think a far better 'write-out' would have been to have Hope's letter say she got a urgent call from Shane asking for her help on an ISA assignment and because she needed to get her mind off Ciara's death/deal w/her grief she took it. Then when Ciara is found, they could explain that Ciara met up with her mom off-screen to reunite but that Hope was still working the case and not coming back to town. 

So long Rhodes. Another abruptly ending plot point. 

I'm 100% down w/Gwen's existence if princess Abigail has to deal with an older sister who doesn't drink the Horton kool-aid like today.  Bonus points for Shawn lumping them together and not kissing his cuz's ass. 

4 hours ago, sweetautumn said:

Picking on LG's appearance/hair/voice etc happens a lot in this thread as well, under the guise of "freedom of expression" lol.

It sorta comes with the territory when you are on TV. Call it a occupational hazard of the acting industry.  I wouldn't recommend anyone getting in her face nasty about it, but comments on changes in appearance are to be expected. An actor/actress's "style" is at times part of their appeal/brand and a huge part of being in Hollywood.  So considering that in the last year LG has wacked off her full, wavy lengths for two different shorter cuts, yeah it's going to get talked about.  Personally, I think the longer big curls she used to have was more flattering on her, but then I'm not a fan of short do's the majority of the time. 

Her "voice" though is more of an acting choice/approach, perhaps take on the character, though also fair game as it's simply a critique of her job/portrayal of the role.  All a part of being 'in the business.'

12 minutes ago, buffynut said:

Nice to see Shawn again.  Does he look different though?  Thinner?  Different hair style?  Whatever it is, it was distracting me, as he looked so much like Bo. Anyone else notice the resemblance?

I think he styled his hair differently. I did notice a change too.  Maybe looked a tad thinner as well. 

  • Like 8

Share this post


Link to post

Bye Rhodes, we hardly knew yee. Did anyone else think they shoe-horned that wrap sheet list in at the last minute to make viewers less on the side of the guy who kidnapped Ciara? (Narrator: It did not work.)

Gabi's desperation is just ugly. 

As for Sarah's hair (or more specifically, the actress who plays her), I personally think it looks nice. I am not OK with people picking on anyone's appearance though. Acting choices? That's different. But looks should be off limit. YMMV.

Edited by RunningMarket · Reason: Her and here are different words
  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
31 minutes ago, RunningMarket said:

As for Sarah's hair (or more specifically, the actress who plays her), I personally think it looks nice. I am not OK with people picking on anyone's appearance though. Acting choices? That's different. But looks should be off limit. YMMV.

I think it's OK to comment on "style choices"  i.e. - someone's clothes, hair, make-up etc. - things they've CHOSEN to do.  What I think should be off limits are comments about things that they were born with.

  • Like 7
  • Useful 1

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, Peanut6711 said:

So Statesville has a sign by the phone limiting the length of the call, but not the number of calls you can make. Is that the loophole Kristin is using to abuse the privilege? Was almost surprised she wasn't on the phone when Clyde and Orpheus were standing there.  Never the less, I do enjoy the men at the prison.  Orpheus always provides intrigue (did Vincent really kill himself or did Orpheus do it for him?)and Clyde's and Ben's conversation about Ben visiting a psychic was humorous.  

Speaking of Ben, maybe his brother-in-law the cop would take him more seriously if he pulled out his phone and showed him the number that called him so they could trace it.  Though at least Shawn did run a check on Rhodes.  This silliness though of Hope on a hunt, who never even takes a break for holidays/weddings/funerals, has grown stale and illogical long ago. When Ciara is found somewhere around Salem, what are they going to say to explain Hope's absence then?  I think a far better 'write-out' would have been to have Hope's letter say she got a urgent call from Shane asking for her help on an ISA assignment and because she needed to get her mind off Ciara's death/deal w/her grief she took it. Then when Ciara is found, they could explain that Ciara met up with her mom off-screen to reunite but that Hope was still working the case and not coming back to town. 

So long Rhodes. Another abruptly ending plot point. 

I'm 100% down w/Gwen's existence if princess Abigail has to deal with an older sister who doesn't drink the Horton kool-aid like today.  Bonus points for Shawn lumping them together and not kissing his cuz's ass. 

It sorta comes with the territory when you are on TV. Call it a occupational hazard of the acting industry.  I wouldn't recommend anyone getting in her face nasty about it, but comments on changes in appearance are to be expected. An actor/actress's "style" is at times part of their appeal/brand and a huge part of being in Hollywood.  So considering that in the last year LG has wacked off her full, wavy lengths for two different shorter cuts, yeah it's going to get talked about.  Personally, I think the longer big curls she used to have was more flattering on her, but then I'm not a fan of short do's the majority of the time. 

Her "voice" though is more of an acting choice/approach, perhaps take on the character, though also fair game as it's simply a critique of her job/portrayal of the role.  All a part of being 'in the business.'

I think he styled his hair differently. I did notice a change too.  Maybe looked a tad thinner as well. 

Occupational hazard of the acting industry sparks controversy for sure, but this was not my point. One might be under the assumption that he or she is rational in his or her critique of an actor's portrayal/performance/hair etc, but it is difficult to believe this is really the case given the anonymous nature of internet. To be honest, people can say whatever they want without a second thought because they hide behind a computer. 

Share this post


Link to post

It's a shame that Gabi and Kate, who used to be friends, have to be enemies over a man.

Damn, Gabi looks good.

Kate is so proud of Philip for being the sole CEO of Titan.  It has absolutely nothing to do with his father being the owner.

Shawn talked to Hope?  They know where she is?

I have a feeling that wasn't Shawn and Ben who killed Rhodes.

 

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post

23 minutes ago, DaphneCat said:

I think it's OK to comment on "style choices"  i.e. - someone's clothes, hair, make-up etc. - things they've CHOSEN to do.  What I think should be off limits are comments about things that they were born with.

That's fair. I guess I'm just a bit jumpy, as I have women friends in the media who have been picked on for utterly ridiculous reasons, and sometimes it's a haircut. 

Share this post


Link to post
19 minutes ago, Silver Raven said:

Shawn talked to Hope?  They know where she is?

 

They have always known where she was. She looking into leads regarding Ciara. Rafe even went to see her after he got back from fighting the cartel that was after Eduardo.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
4 hours ago, rcc said:

Alcohol. 

But don't talk about her hair! 😡

 

I bet Susan and her visions would've been super handy when Ben was strangling people. Oh, well, spilt milk.

  • Like 2
  • Laugh 2

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, DaphneCat said:

I think it's OK to comment on "style choices"  i.e. - someone's clothes, hair, make-up etc. - things they've CHOSEN to do.  What I think should be off limits are comments about things that they were born with.

My rules is that I'm comfortable commenting on things that are easy to change.  Lindsay is a beautiful young (healthy---I hope) woman who can likely grow back her hair quickly.  She's still beautiful but I'm not loving the cut.  I don't have a problem saying that because, again, it's something that can be changed quickly--especially hair which can be dyed, straightened, extensions added....etc.

Things that are more complex like traits someone is born with or even fluctuations in weight related to pregnancy or age, I'm less inclined to talk about unless I'm discussing the double standard of men being able to carry extra weight when women usually aren't.  Heck, even plastic surgery isn't something I'll belabor.   But one thing I absolutely won't do....

46 minutes ago, RunningMarket said:

That's fair. I guess I'm just a bit jumpy, as I have women friends in the media who have been picked on for utterly ridiculous reasons, and sometimes it's a haircut. 

...is something like this.  If I mention something, I will not try to actively engage them about it on social media. Or write into a station about it (which I have heard of happening). That's just wrong. 

And I am not loving the new hair on Sarah.  Hopefully, by next year, it'll be longer.

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
7 minutes ago, Irlandesa said:

And I am not loving the new hair on Sarah.  Hopefully, by next year, it'll be longer.

I think she'll probably keep it short for awhile simply as a 'fuck you' to the people who told her they hated it. That seems like her personality to me. And I do welcome that lol.

  • Like 4
  • Laugh 3

Share this post


Link to post

Honestly the characters/actors who appearances we make fun of most is Ben for his ridiculous abssss for an average joe ans flashing them, Gabi and Ciaras fashions, and Maggie wig and Lanis wigs.  At any rate LG has been bald before from radiation and survived being run over by a car so she can probably laugh off the people saying her hair made her look too pixie like or little boyish. 

I have a serious question. Gabi’s said many times that Gabi Chic was by far the most profitable division of DiMera. But Chad, Stefan, Xan, and Phillip Keep saying HELL no to it....

 

2F038F47-7EAE-4D7C-983D-4816B15A9108.jpeg

  • Like 2
  • Laugh 2

Share this post


Link to post

3 minutes ago, Petunia13 said:

I have a serious question. Gabi’s said many times that Gabi Chic was by far the most profitable division of DiMera. But Chad, Stefan, Xan, and Phillip Keep saying HELL no to it....

 

2F038F47-7EAE-4D7C-983D-4816B15A9108.jpeg

Does DiMera have any other divisions?!

  • Laugh 4

Share this post


Link to post
8 minutes ago, peachmangosteen said:

I think she'll probably keep it short for awhile simply as a 'fuck you' to the people who told her they hated it. That seems like her personality to me. And I do welcome that lol.

Ha.  Yes.  I can hate the hair but respect the attitude.

  • Like 7

Share this post


Link to post

The reason why Julie mentioned the pancakes was a shoutout to AMC for Dixie's death by poisoned pancakes....  in case anyone was wondering(AMC ended up correcting this by brining Dixie back to life with a serum but that's another discussion)

  • Like 1
  • Useful 5
  • Sad 2

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, DaphneCat said:

I think it's OK to comment on "style choices"  i.e. - someone's clothes, hair, make-up etc. - things they've CHOSEN to do.  What I think should be off limits are comments about things that they were born with.

Agree! Commenting/criticizing things a person can’t change such as height and ethnical & racial characteristics is not okay, and a type of discrimination/bias. As opposed to someone simply not liking a new haircut or an outfit worn (provided there’s no cultural significance that disliking would insinuate.)

1 hour ago, sweetautumn said:

Occupational hazard of the acting industry sparks controversy for sure, but this was not my point. One might be under the assumption that he or she is rational in his or her critique of an actor's portrayal/performance/hair etc, but it is difficult to believe this is really the case given the anonymous nature of internet. To be honest, people can say whatever they want without a second thought because they hide behind a computer. 

The arts are always subjective—film, music, books, TV.  Those with longevity in the business know when to not get hung up on opinions.  I used to work in publishing and know that authors were often advised to not get too hung up on reviews—to decipher what’s constructive criticism that can be useful feedback for improvement and what to just let roll off their backs.  I’d imagine agents and managers advise their clients that type of thing too, especially in the social media age. I didn’t see LG’s Twitter page so I can’t comment specifically whether followers crossed a line, but those sites have content policies that can be invoked if something beyond the pale is written. Or I suppose she could block them.  

What I’ve seen on this board has basically been style choices viewers liked (for example MBE’s red Valentine dress, which I agree was really pretty and looked nice on her) and things they didn’t.  It’s usually a mixed bag and simply opinions, not hate speech or harassment. Commenting on fashion/style is part of the viewer experience, and while Days does seem to have budget constraints that may affect hair, make-up, and wardrobe these days, at one time those things were planned (maybe still are to some degree) to fit the character or simply as a way to get the viewers talking/create a buzz/garner publicity.  Or to get the stars on the cover of soap magazines—hello wedding veil headpieces of the 80s!

Back to today's plot....

4 minutes ago, Petunia13 said:

I have a serious question. Gabi’s said many times that Gabi Chic was by far the most profitable division of DiMera. But Chad, Stefan, Xan, and Phillip Keep saying HELL no to it....

Good question--is it simply Gabi they don't want to deal with and let that cloud their business judgement? It does rather seem that Chad won't fund it to be spiteful, and Jake is making businesses decisions with his dick.  Philip was probably initially going to reject it simply because Zander said yet to it. Now he'll probably accept it for some kind of personal agenda, since in the time that Kate left his office and he texted Gabi back, he'd yet to look at the proposals/run financials.  Too bad Ciara's behind glass or maybe she could weigh in. I don't believe Gabi has ever gone after Ben so maybe she could be impartial and not make it personal. 

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, RunningMarket said:

Does DiMera have any other divisions?!

Don't they have the one that made the heart gizmo that Gabi had the remote for? I would have thought that any tech branch would be far more profitable than Gabi Chic.

  • Like 1
  • Useful 1

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, RunningMarket said:

Does DiMera have any other divisions?!

Well, there's the Dr. Rolf "Make a Stefano" line of store franchises , similar to those places where you can make your own teddy bears.  I hear they're VERY popular with the Mad Scientist crowd.  

Buy one and the second is free!

  • Like 1
  • Laugh 10

Share this post


Link to post

20 minutes ago, boes said:

Well, there's the Dr. Rolf "Make a Stefano" line of store franchises , similar to those places where you can make your own teddy bears.  I hear they're VERY popular with the Mad Scientist crowd.  

Buy one and the second is free!

I bet Susan has the Steffy dressed as Elvis doll to cuddle with in Marlena's guest room at night. 😁

  • Like 1
  • Laugh 7

Share this post


Link to post
2 hours ago, RunningMarket said:

Does DiMera have any other divisions?!

Countess Wilheimina Cosmetics. Sami was the president of the company when Stefano fired Kate and gave the job to Sami for spite.

  • Like 2
  • Useful 1

Share this post


Link to post

Jake really isn't worth Kate and Gabi fighting over him.

The prison grapevine sure is active. Vincent recently deceased (things change in an hour), Orpheus is now in charge, and someone got rid of Rhodes.

Shawn looked different. Maybe a haircut. I liked him keeping Abs and Gwen in the same room. Ah, diplomacy and getting the two of them talking instead of battling.

I don't remember Susan Banks mentioning a shark. But then again, I wasn't paying attention to a lot of her screeching.

Gabi, you are a capable woman. Desperation does not look good on you.

Interesting that Abs would want to chat with her.

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
3 hours ago, Retired at last said:

Don't they have the one that made the heart gizmo that Gabi had the remote for? I would have thought that any tech branch would be far more profitable than Gabi Chic.

And made the false eye that Stefano used to spy on Steve.

  • Like 2
  • Useful 2

Share this post


Link to post
22 hours ago, Frozendiva said:

I can see EJ coming back as some sort of Cyberman. A Dalek or any Who creation would be a copyright issue.

EJ as a Cyberman would be hilarious!  

 

5 hours ago, Peanut6711 said:

Good question--is it simply Gabi they don't want to deal with and let that cloud their business judgement? It does rather seem that Chad won't fund it to be spiteful, and Jake is making businesses decisions with his dick.  Philip was probably initially going to reject it simply because Zander said yet to it. Now he'll probably accept it for some kind of personal agenda, since in the time that Kate left his office and he texted Gabi back, he'd yet to look at the proposals/run financials. 

This is a good summation, and a smart writer would try to work Gabi's struggle to keep her successful company alive by the whims of fickle men as a motivation behind her current state of desperation/OTT bravado.  She's been painted into a corner of believing her sexuality is the means of the survival of her business.  The crazy thing is that they have Rafe there, with whom she could vent some of these frustrations, and we don't get a hint of a scene like this.  

 

7 hours ago, Silver Raven said:

I have a feeling that wasn't Shawn and Ben who killed Rhodes.

Salem PD has their own unique way of dealing with criminal behavior but I feel confident that Shawn would ask questions before shooting an unarmed man. 

 

14 hours ago, peachmangosteen said:

Just about the only time I truly enjoy Jake is when he's with Gwen.

I'm leaning in that direction.  Not buying Jake as a CEO of DiMera, and while I don't hate his relationship with Kate, I don't care about it from his POV.  But when he goes at it with Gwen, I usually end up with a few laughs.  

 

5 hours ago, boes said:

Well, there's the Dr. Rolf "Make a Stefano" line of store franchises , similar to those places where you can make your own teddy bears.  I hear they're VERY popular with the Mad Scientist crowd.  

OMG, I want one so I can be a part of the Mad Scientist Crowd!!!!!  I'd like to implant mine into Johnny DiMera, which would allow an early-teen Johnny to return to Salem, take over DiMera Enterprises and wreak havoc far and wide.  

  • Like 5
  • Laugh 2

Share this post


Link to post
17 minutes ago, enchantingmonkey said:

OMG, I want one so I can be a part of the Mad Scientist Crowd!!!!!  I'd like to implant mine into Johnny DiMera, which would allow an early-teen Johnny to return to Salem, take over DiMera Enterprises and wreak havoc far and wide.  

Johnny cannot be early-teen as he is the older twin to Allie who is a 20something college graduate.

  • Like 2
  • Laugh 1

Share this post


Link to post

8 hours ago, nilyank said:

They have always known where she was. She looking into leads regarding Ciara. Rafe even went to see her after he got back from fighting the cartel that was after Eduardo.

I understood that Rafe wanted to see her, but never did because she was off in parts unknown. 

Ciara coming back really leaves them stuck with regards to Hope. She won't return to see her beloved kid...?

Edited by DisneyBoy
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
8 hours ago, peachmangosteen said:

I think she'll probably keep it short for awhile simply as a 'fuck you' to the people who told her they hated it. That seems like her personality to me. And I do welcome that lol.

Plus the fact her tattoo is now visible all the time.

Share this post


Link to post
2 hours ago, nilyank said:

Johnny cannot be early-teen as he is the older twin to Allie who is a 20something college graduate.

Like that matters to TIIC...

  • Like 2
  • Laugh 5

Share this post


Link to post

Why is Shawn acting like Abby should be equal to the psychiopath that drugged her to the point of damaging her permanently. Then lied, cheating and manipulated to sleep with her husband and then "accidentally" killed her grandmother? There's now way Gwen's redeemable, she's as redeemable as Charlie. 

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post
11 hours ago, enchantingmonkey said:

Salem PD has their own unique way of dealing with criminal behavior but I feel confident that Shawn would ask questions before shooting an unarmed man.  

This is true. And Ben would whip out the old necktie long before he pulled a gun. 

Quote

OMG, I want one so I can be a part of the Mad Scientist Crowd!!!!!  I'd like to implant mine into Johnny DiMera, which would allow an early-teen Johnny to return to Salem, take over DiMera Enterprises and wreak havoc far and wide.

A well-cast Johnny making mince meat of Chad and trading barbs with Jake would be hilarious. 

10 hours ago, DisneyBoy said:

I understood that Rafe wanted to see her, but never did because she was off in parts unknown. 

Initially upon Rafe's return that's what was said and then a few episodes later there was a throw-away line where Rafe said he did go find her and talk to her. She said she wasn't ready to return or for a relationship after everything that happened. Rafe was bummed but understood. 

10 minutes ago, Artsda said:

Why is Shawn acting like Abby should be equal to the psychiopath that drugged her to the point of damaging her permanently. Then lied, cheating and manipulated to sleep with her husband and then "accidentally" killed her grandmother? There's now way Gwen's redeemable, she's as redeemable as Charlie. 

Shawn didn't have his morning cup of Horton kool-aid and he ran a background/incident report on Abs. 

  • Like 3
  • Laugh 1

Share this post


Link to post

Claire sounded like a fourteen-year-old shipping a fictional couple when she was telling Belle about Cin. And she’s so wrapped up in it that she’s oblivious to the situation she’s in with Charlie.

Charlie and Gwen are gold together.  

Gawd, Abby can’t even give a proper apology or show true remorse, but kudos to Gabby for not making it easy.

That moment when Ciara finally realizes that she’s no longer being held by a kidnapper-host for hire who brings her food and books, keeps her clothed and sleeping in a plush bed with attached bath, and is now being held by someone who does have a personal grudge against her. Took her a little too long, but brains aren’t her strong point, which is probably why that lasted only a moment till she returned to her smug self.

Shawn is right that visions aren’t evidence, but for god sake Ben you have physical evidence on your phone. Show him so he can track the damn number!  It’s not even that I want to see her rescued, because I really don’t, but my patience with stupidity is wearing thin.

  • Like 8

Share this post


Link to post

3 minutes ago, Peanut6711 said:

Shawn is right that visions aren’t evidence, but for god sake Ben you have physical evidence on your phone. Show him so he can track the damn number!  It’s not even that I want to see her rescued, because I really don’t, but my patience with stupidity is wearing thin.

It is annoying how Ben and Claire start with Ciara is alive and their proof is Susan's visions rather than the fact that Ben got a call from her and he heard her voice. Dummies.

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post

I hate this show.  Discarding characters left and right who have potential by making them evil or more evil. 

Charlie.  Holy hell is he a great character.  He was just so compelling in the beginning of the episode with Gwen.  Gwen's good too (although I think they're trying to move her to the redemption a little too soon) but he's just good.  And had they not made him a rapist, he could have exactly been the kind of "bad but not too bad" character this show needs desperately in that age range.  But they take people too far--constantly. 

And Evan.  Still better than Ben.  I guess they've decided to abandon his redemption too?  I did have to laugh when he talked about how much joy he felt when Ciara blew up and then how frustrated he was to learn she was still alive.  I feel ya, bud.  I feel ya.

  • Like 8
  • Laugh 8

Share this post


Link to post
15 minutes ago, Peanut6711 said:

Claire sounded like a fourteen-year-old shipping a fictional couple when she was telling Belle about Cin. And she’s so wrapped up in it that she’s oblivious to the situation she’s in with Charlie.

Thats because Ron probably lifted that dialogue from a CIN fan page of social media post. 

(Thinking) “I need a character to describe why their plight/why they’re soul mates” (heads to YouTube, Twitter, Facebook, or tumblr and copies and pastes) “ha 👌🏼 “ 

  • Like 3
  • Laugh 10

Share this post


Link to post
43 minutes ago, Peanut6711 said:

That moment when Ciara finally realizes that she’s no longer being held by a kidnapper-host for hire who brings her food and books, keeps her clothed and sleeping in a plush bed with attached bath, and is now being held by someone who does have a personal grudge against her.

 

37 minutes ago, Irlandesa said:

And Evan.  Still better than Ben.  I guess they've decided to abandon his redemption too?  I did have to laugh when he talked about how much joy he felt when Ciara blew up and then how frustrated he was to learn she was still alive. 

Since I fastforward/ignore most Ciara & Ben scenes, I'm drawing a blank as to why Evan dislikes Ciara. Can someone fill me in?

 

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
25 minutes ago, bunnyblue said:

Since I fastforward/ignore most Ciara & Ben scenes, I'm drawing a blank as to why Evan dislikes Ciara. Can someone fill me in?

I'd forgotten too, but Evan was the one who killed Jordan, and Ciara dragged him to the prison when Ben was on death row, literally strapped up for the injection, and forced Evan to confess to the murder. Evan ended up losing custody of his son (Jordan's baby) and going to prison, then Bayview.  He'd be free, and Ben dead, if Ciara hadn't intervened.  Of course, he is currently "free" but I'm sure there's an APB or something on record looking for him.

Edited by buffynut
  • Like 4
  • Useful 3

Share this post


Link to post

1 hour ago, Irlandesa said:

Charlie.  Holy hell is he a great character.  He was just so compelling in the beginning of the episode with Gwen.  Gwen's good too (although I think they're trying to move her to the redemption a little too soon) but he's just good.  And had they not made him a rapist, he could have exactly been the kind of "bad but not too bad" character this show needs desperately in that age range.  But they take people too far--constantly. 

Yep exactly. And Mike Manning is a great actor. I've liked him since he started but he's really giving the character layers.

Oh hey Evan!  Ok now this boring Ciara story got a hell of a lot more interesting.

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
7 hours ago, Artsda said:

There's now way Gwen's redeemable, she's as redeemable as Charlie. 

Ben was redeemable so literally any character is. I mean, the audience doesn't have to accept it, as I whole-heartedly do not with Ben, but TPTB have given themselves freedom to claim anyone is redeemed by telling us Ben is.

5 hours ago, Irlandesa said:

I hate this show.  Discarding characters left and right who have potential by making them evil or more evil. 

Charlie.  Holy hell is he a great character.  He was just so compelling in the beginning of the episode with Gwen.  Gwen's good too (although I think they're trying to move her to the redemption a little too soon) but he's just good.  And had they not made him a rapist, he could have exactly been the kind of "bad but not too bad" character this show needs desperately in that age range.  But they take people too far--constantly. 

And Evan.  Still better than Ben.  I guess they've decided to abandon his redemption too?  I did have to laugh when he talked about how much joy he felt when Ciara blew up and then how frustrated he was to learn she was still alive.  I feel ya, bud.  I feel ya.

This so much. All 3 of them could have easily been 'bad but not too bad' characters that are such a soap staple and that are sorely missing. Although, since they sold a redemption for Ben, they can do it for all of them. They're all better actors than RSW too so they might even be able to sell it lol. But like I said before, I am so over this show's idea of a redemption story. And we don't need anymore redeemed killers/rapists anyway. So I have to lose 3 actors characters that entertain and interest me because TPTB are complete fucking morons. I really don't know why I keep watching lol.

I am SO down for this Abigail vs. Gabi vs. Gwen situation. I kinda wanted Gabi to go to Gwen and tell her what Abigail was up to and team up with Gwen to annihilate Abigail lol. But I'll take a Gabi/Abigail teamup against Gwen. Gwen makes anyone instantly more entertaining to me.

Ciara is insufferable. Dammit Evan, you should have blown her head off, you idiot! I don't know how he could stand to listen to her prattle on.

  • Like 7
  • Useful 1

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, peachmangosteen said:

Ben was redeemable so literally any character is. I mean, the audience doesn't have to accept it, as I whole-heartedly do not with Ben, but TPTB have given themselves freedom to claim anyone is redeemed by telling us Ben is.

 

Exactly, a serial killer who killed 3 women is a romantic hero and anybody who hates him for his past actions will be demonized, look at what they did to Eve..

  • Like 4
  • Useful 2

Share this post


Link to post
On 2/18/2021 at 2:18 PM, buffynut said:

Nice to see Shawn again.  Does he look different though?  Thinner?  Different hair style?  Whatever it is, it was distracting me, as he looked so much like Bo. Anyone else notice the resemblance?

I always thought Jason's Shawn looked like Bo while Brandon's Shawn looks like Hope.

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post

BB/ current Shawn looks a LOT like Kristian/ ex Hope. He has a touch of Bo in his eyes and nose. The child version of Ciara who blackmailed Sami looked so much like a mix of Bo and Hope and had all their fire and charm. The actor playing JJ looked almost exactly like MA / Jack young. The casting on this show is reallly hit or miss but when it’s on it nails the looks piece at least. 

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
3 minutes ago, Petunia13 said:

BB/ current Shawn looks a LOT like Kristian/ ex Hope. He has a touch of Bo in his eyes and nose. The child version of Ciara who blackmailed Sami looked so much like a mix of Bo and Hope and had all their fire and charm. The actor playing JJ looked almost exactly like MA / Jack young. The casting on this show is reallly hit or miss but when it’s on it nails the looks piece at least. 

I would say the same thing when it comes to Marlena and her brood.  They all look like her, especially original Eric..

Kate as well with her descendants. I used to love to see her in scenes with Lucas Austin Billie Chelsea and Mophead Will.. 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
2 hours ago, peachmangosteen said:

I am SO down for this Abigail vs. Gabi vs. Gwen situation. I kinda wanted Gabi to go to Gwen and tell her what Abigail was up to and team up with Gwen to annihilate Abigail lol. But I'll take a Gabi/Abigail teamup against Gwen. Gwen makes anyone instantly more entertaining to me.

Ciara is insufferable. Dammit Evan, you should have blown her head off, you idiot! I don't know how he could stand to listen to her prattle on.

When Gabi waltzed up to Gwen's table I was wondering the same thing--is she gonna double-cross Abi? Gabi as a double agent could be a very entertaining storyline. 

And I'm right there w/ya on Ciara.  The writers might think that when they have her get sassy and bitchy to her captors it makes her a 'strong heroine' but in reality it just comes off as entitled, smug, and dense. Like it's really not smart to antagonize the person who just blew your kidnapper-host's heart out.  Ditto that when said shooter's dad is an evil mastermind generally two steps ahead of your family.

  • Like 8

Share this post


Link to post
On 2/18/2021 at 9:45 AM, sweetautumn said:

Picking on LG's appearance/hair/voice etc happens a lot in this thread as well, under the guise of "freedom of expression" lol.

 

That's the lot of the professional actor--you put yourself out for public view, the public are going to make comments and sometimes, they're going to be negative.  However, I don't agree with directly tweeting mean things to actors, but talking about their acting, appearance and general demeanor on discussion boards about the tv show/movie they're in?  That's our bread and butter 🙂

 

30 minutes ago, Peanut6711 said:

When Gabi waltzed up to Gwen's table I was wondering the same thing--is she gonna double-cross Abi? Gabi as a double agent could be a very entertaining storyline. 

And I'm right there w/ya on Ciara.  The writers might think that when they have her get sassy and bitchy to her captors it makes her a 'strong heroine' but in reality it just comes off as entitled, smug, and dense. Like it's really not smart to antagonize the person who just blew your kidnapper-host's heart out.  Ditto that when said shooter's dad is an evil mastermind generally two steps ahead of your family.

Agreed--VK plays Ciara with an over the top toughness that's just grating but maybe now that she might have to face some real consequences because Evan won't be as calm as Rhodes in putting up with her crap--hopefully, she'll start to display some intelligence.

I would also love to see Gabi playing both Abby and Gwen, but I think the show is having Gabi being on Abs side because she's being somewhat redeemed.

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post
scarynikki12

Spoilers are not allowed in this thread. Period. Any posts that include spoilers (and casting information qualifies) will be removed. There are several other threads that allow spoilers so take that discussion to one of them.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...

Customize font-size