Jump to content
Forums forums
PRIMETIMER
CatLady

Current Plots Discussion: Actually Today's Episode

Recommended Posts

44 minutes ago, boes said:

If the baby's father, Dr. Rolf shows up, tell him I'm still waiting for that miracle anti-pimple cream he promised.

THIS!!! I want this so bad.  THIS is the only thing that would make this whole baby story line better.  And I don't want any of this grown in a lab crap - I want a MAD fling!!  With flashbacks!!!

If they're going to keep Allie around I REALLY hope they don't have her keep the kid.  The only way that would be moderately entertaining is if we get to watch her try to fob the kid off on random people every other day (all the while acting like she is doing them the HONOR of entrusting them with raising her baby.)  Gabi, Jake, Henderson, Harold, Victor, Julie....All fine prospects.

  • Like 3
  • Laugh 5

Share this post


Link to post

Allie bringing up Sami twins having two different fathers was an all time low. 

  • Like 10
  • Laugh 1

Share this post


Link to post
12 hours ago, brisbydog said:

Oh just remembered another thing Paul said last night. Linsey was complaining that Sarah has never had a scene with Chad or either of Jake/Stefan, and Paul said he would love a plot where it was Dimeras vs Kiriakis and rather than being at each other's throats, Xander and Brady et.al. would have to come together as family against a common enemy. 

Well ,technically ,we kinda had that already back in 2009 when it was Philip /Victor vs Stefano/EJ and it was over Tony's death . 

Also Philip vs Tony fighting over Nick Fallon's invention.

Then a couple of years later we had Victor /Justin /EJ vs Stefano . This was around 2013 I believe . 

Then Deimos vs Andre/Kate /Chad . 

 

 

Edited by Rafael
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, tribeca said:

Allie bringing up Sami twins having two different fathers was an all time low. 

Acting like Sami craved for EJ 's " lovin" on the same night when she had just slept with Lucas and Lucas Later on ended up being trapped during a snowstorm and EJ forced Sami to give him some lovin in order to save Lucas.

 

Shame on Allie and Carlivati. 

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
8 hours ago, Pearson80 said:

I just can't stand Allie. Nicole/Eric would be stupid to take in Sami's grandchild, given what happened between Sami. Nicole and Sydney.. This story would be so much better if it was a 16 year old Sydney leaving her child to Nicole.. Even though Allie abandoned her child the state would want the baby to go to a biological relative and his grandparents would be the most logical choice in my opinion..  Lumi taking care of their grandson, while talking about what went down between them regarding Will would be a great story.. Will and Ari could have been interwoven into the story as well, given us awesome scenes between Lumi and their descendants. I will never stop shipping Lumi.. Ron does not like character-driven stories, so, we are going to be subjected to a marathon of cat fights between Nicole and Sami.  Not to mention, Eric looking like a doofus..

See that?? , Pearson80 gets it. 

 

For pete's sake show ,you got 50 something years old show filled with a rich dose of character history and historical moments ,events and storylines that you could always mine to propel the show into the future. 

Edited by Rafael
  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, tribeca said:

Allie bringing up Sami twins having two different fathers was an all time low. 

Do you think Sami ever told Allie and Johnny the real circumstances of their conception? 

Or do you think she fudged it a bit because otherwise it'd be kind of hard to explain why she kept willingly getting involved with EJ later?

  • Like 6
  • Useful 2

Share this post


Link to post

I have to assume that either Lucas and/or Sami would go to court to get custody of Allie's abandoned baby.

If not, this show really is bonkers.

  • Like 7

Share this post


Link to post
11 hours ago, Pearson80 said:

I just can't stand Allie. Nicole/Eric would be stupid to take in Sami's grandchild, given what happened between Sami. Nicole and Sydney.. This story would be so much better if it was a 16 year old Sydney leaving her child to Nicole.. Even though Allie abandoned her child the state would want the baby to go to a biological relative and his grandparents would be the most logical choice in my opinion..  Lumi taking care of their grandson, while talking about what went down between them regarding Will would be a great story.. Will and Ari could have been interwoven into the story as well, given us awesome scenes between Lumi and their descendants. I will never stop shipping Lumi.. Ron does not like character-driven stories, so, we are going to be subjected to a marathon of cat fights between Nicole and Sami.  Not to mention, Eric looking like a doofus..

She's not making hating Sami enjoyable for me that's her worst offense. However its not just Ron that has no interest in this sort of thing. None of today's soap writers are interested in this sort of thing. Which I find unfortunate because at least character driven stories are budget friendly all it costs is an imagination which is practically free.

1 hour ago, bannana said:

I have to assume that either Lucas and/or Sami would go to court to get custody of Allie's abandoned baby.

If not, this show really is bonkers.

That ship sailed when Marlena was possessed.

  • Like 3
  • Laugh 3

Share this post


Link to post
6 hours ago, Irlandesa said:
7 hours ago, tribeca said:

Allie bringing up Sami twins having two different fathers was an all time low. 

Do you think Sami ever told Allie and Johnny the real circumstances of their conception? 

Or do you think she fudged it a bit because otherwise it'd be kind of hard to explain why she kept willingly getting involved with EJ later?

Yeah, I have to think Allie doesn't know that EJ raped Sami.  I mean, given all the complaining Allie has been doing about her shitty childhood, you would think she would have mentioned it in one of her rants.  In fact, I would say that would actually be a very legitimate gripe for her to raise with Sami and Lucas.  Sami making Allie live with a rapist step-father is pretty horrifying, and Lucas not going to court to try and stop Allie from having to live with said rapist step-father is also terrible!

  • Like 10

Share this post


Link to post

They really didn't do enough to explain why Allie acts like a complete asshole and also like a very whiny toddler. All because her mother decided to keep her kids with her while she traveled instead of letting a nanny/family member raise them? Meh, grow up, Allie! The actress is actually pretty good too, which makes the fact that the character is so heinous even more annoying. 

  • Like 14
  • Laugh 1

Share this post


Link to post

I'm glad Sami actually said "Thank you" to Nicole.  I imagine her next step is to leap for her throat... but Allie made it REALLY clear, it was Sami who convinced her.

And honestly, I wonder if Allie's "I'm not ready" is her looking at Sami and realizing that early motherhood may have contributed to Sami's failure to mature.  Compare her mother (Marlena -- who I blame for EVERYTHING, EVERYTHING I TELL YOU) who often comes across as detached and 'serene' with Sami.  Sami who comes across as unable to control her own actions while wanting to control everyone else.  Allie may be looking at Sami and thinking that early motherhood will arrest her own maturation.  And clearly Allie NEEDS maturation.  So, despite the 'bond', Allie just doesn't want to be Sami.  And she blames early motherhood as a major contributor to Sami's immaturity.  Personally I think Allie will come to regret this decision -- and FLEEING will also be a massive life-changer for her.  And she'll blame Sami for that too.  

And no way do Nicole and Eric end up with the baby.  I just don't see Sami standing for that.  A handwritten note by a young mother is just not going to hold up IMO.

 

I was also pleased to see Marlena give props to Claire.  Although she should have ASKED FORGIVENESS for doubting her. ORK was sparkling in that scene. And really sold "I'm better now".  I hope it sticks. 

  • Like 5
  • Laugh 1

Share this post


Link to post
10 hours ago, tribeca said:

Allie bringing up Sami twins having two different fathers was an all time low. 

But they acknowledged it! This was always the first step in my dream story where Sami and the kids finally deal with the realities of EJ, Johnny's conception, etc. I'm also relieved that they haven't rectonned it so that Sydney is Johnny's twin sister in an effort to erase the rape.

9 hours ago, Rafael said:

Acting like Sami craved for EJ 's " lovin" on the same night when she had just slept with Lucas and Lucas Later on ended up being trapped during a snowstorm and EJ forced Sami to give him some lovin in order to save Lucas.

 

9 hours ago, Irlandesa said:

Do you think Sami ever told Allie and Johnny the real circumstances of their conception? 

Or do you think she fudged it a bit because otherwise it'd be kind of hard to explain why she kept willingly getting involved with EJ later?

 

3 hours ago, bubble sparkly said:

Yeah, I have to think Allie doesn't know that EJ raped Sami.  I mean, given all the complaining Allie has been doing about her shitty childhood, you would think she would have mentioned it in one of her rants.  In fact, I would say that would actually be a very legitimate gripe for her to raise with Sami and Lucas.  Sami making Allie live with a rapist step-father is pretty horrifying, and Lucas not going to court to try and stop Allie from having to live with said rapist step-father is also terrible!

I've always assumed that Sami has told the kids/let them assume that she cheated on Lucas with EJ to explain the twins conceptions. As awful a story as that is it's a kinder one for Johnny, Sydney, and Sami. Johnny doesn't know he was conceived in rape, Sydney doesn't know her father is a rapist, and Sami can just ignore it/excuse it since EJ is the "love of her life". It really sucks for Allie because she believes that her mom deceived and purposefully hurt her father so she ends up with a harsh view and strained relationship. In other words, this is a meaty story that the show can get tons of mileage from before we even get into the truth.

  • Like 6
  • Useful 1

Share this post


Link to post

The Gwen, Jack and Jennifer scenes were pretty funny, especially Jenn and Jack's reactions to Gwen's over-sharing and I also enjoyed the Gabi and Jake scenes, especially when she reveals how devastated she is that she's never going to get Stefan back--that was well played.

Justin and Bonnie wasn't as cringey as I though it would be--I liked her realization that Justin is a good person who is helping her because it's the right thing to do.

Didn't really care about Ciara and Ben or Kate and Abe.

  • Like 12

Share this post


Link to post

I know Jake is wearing clothes that used to belong to Stefan, but they make him look like a wannabe goodfella. An impression compounded as soon as he opens his mouth to speak.

Edited by wurdalak
  • Laugh 3

Share this post


Link to post
2 hours ago, kitmerlot1213 said:

The Gwen, Jack and Jennifer scenes were pretty funny, especially Jenn and Jack's reactions to Gwen's over-sharing and I also enjoyed the Gabi and Jake scenes, especially when she reveals how devastated she is that she's never going to get Stefan back--that was well played.

Those scenes were the highlight of the episode for me because it was the kind of "filler" I used to love on soaps that managed to bridge one shocking event to another yet still be entertaining. 

With Gabi and Jake, there was some nuance.  She ended up being more upset at seeing Jake as Stefan than she planned and his frustration led him to say some awful things to her. 

And with Jack, Jennifer and Gwen, it was the humor.  MA and MR are really good at amused reactions and I love Jack's little asides, especially after the sex tape comment.  It was kind of random having them all together. We didn't learn anything new.  It was just---fun.

Edited by Irlandesa
  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post
2 hours ago, kitmerlot1213 said:

The Gwen, Jack and Jennifer scenes were pretty funny, especially Jenn and Jack's reactions to Gwen's over-sharing and I also enjoyed the Gabi and Jake scenes, especially when she reveals how devastated she is that she's never going to get Stefan back--that was well played.

Justin and Bonnie wasn't as cringey as I though it would be--I liked her realization that Justin is a good person who is helping her because it's the right thing to do.

Didn't really care about Ciara and Ben or Kate and Abe.

The only problem with the whole Gabi thing is that the timing is off.   She had moved on and was ready to marry Eli and now suddenly she can't get over Stefan?  This would play out so much better if they didn't have her move on.  Same with Eve.  It seems like years went by where her grief for Paige was relegated to the background (if that.)  She seemed far more interested in whoever the man of the moment was.  NOW they show her crazy with grief?  It just seems odd to revisit stories so far after the fact.

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post
5 hours ago, peachmangosteen said:

Meh, grow up, Allie! The actress is actually pretty good too, which makes the fact that the character is so heinous even more annoying. 

I agree she needs to grow up and is heinous. lol

I disagree that she's a good actress. She has one facial expression, bobs her head too much when she talks, and her head is too small. Not that I'm nitpicking or anything. lol The fact that she has eaten the show since she was introduced is not helping.

Good news, we got a break from her today.

Bad news, we got stuck with finger chewing Gwen. 

 

  • Like 2
  • Laugh 4

Share this post


Link to post

So they find Ben and realize he's been tortured and drugged (even though they apparently didn't find a trace of drugs). He has little to no memory of what happened. And he just gets sent home with Ciara to ensure they can get to their wedding boink ASAP?  What about his injuries?  How will he be able to fulfill his husbandly duties?  The whole thing is rather bizarre and creepy.

  • Like 9

Share this post


Link to post

Quote

The only problem with the whole Gabi thing is that the timing is off.   She had moved on and was ready to marry Eli and now suddenly she can't get over Stefan?  This would play out so much better if they didn't have her move on.  Same with Eve.  It seems like years went by where her grief for Paige was relegated to the background (if that.)  She seemed far more interested in whoever the man of the moment was.  NOW they show her crazy with grief?  It just seems odd to revisit stories so far after the fact.

To me, it never seemed like she was over Stefan.  She had accepted that he was gone and that she needed to move on; but seeing Jake (especially before she knew that he wasn't Stefan) reawakened that hope and now she has to let him go again.

  • Like 7

Share this post


Link to post
Just now, drtslim said:

To me, it never seemed like she was over Stefan.  She had accepted that he was gone and that she needed to move on; but seeing Jake (especially before she knew that he wasn't Stefan) reawakened that hope and now she has to let him go again.

Eli was just a way for Gabi of trying to move on (and messing with Lani) but she was still talking about Stefan to Eli when they were involved.

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post

Are they planning on a Justin/Bonnie pairing?

Rob Wilson's Bahston accent comes through every now and again.

Why are Jack and Jennifer at the DiMansion?

 

  • Like 2
  • Laugh 1

Share this post


Link to post
42 minutes ago, Silver Raven said:

Why are Jack and Jennifer at the DiMansion?

Since Chad is in FL, I'm guessing they're taking care of the grandkids and decided it was easier for them to do at their regular home.

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, bannana said:

So they find Ben and realize he's been tortured and drugged (even though they apparently didn't find a trace of drugs). He has little to no memory of what happened. And he just gets sent home with Ciara to ensure they can get to their wedding boink ASAP?  What about his injuries?  How will he be able to fulfill his husbandly duties?  The whole thing is rather bizarre and creepy.

It's par for the course for the level of skills and standards of care demonstrated by medical professionals in Salem. For exemple, Marlena's diagnostics often seem to have been performed by scribbling a few notes on an old envelope that was lying around her apartment.

  • Laugh 3

Share this post


Link to post
23 minutes ago, wurdalak said:

It's par for the course for the level of skills and standards of care demonstrated by medical professionals in Salem. For exemple, Marlena's diagnostics often seem to have been performed by scribbling a few notes on an old envelope that was lying around her apartment.

And let's not forget that every doctor in Salem routinely violates HIPPAA laws.  Sarah casually gossiping about Eli and Lani - like it isn't even a deal.

  • Like 10
  • Laugh 1

Share this post


Link to post

I also had issues that Nicole is apparently allowed to take a child out of the nursery and bring her to Allie's room (and then later Sami returning back to the nursery). 

I mean it's not like the hospital didn't recently discover that newborn babies were switched at birth....Oh wait.

  • Like 7
  • Laugh 9

Share this post


Link to post

The Gwen/Jack/Jennifer scenes were the kind of scenes I just adore. More, please!

I couldn't watch the Gabi/Jake scenes because he had a toothpick in his mouth and that's one of my biggest pet peeves. I can't deal with that shit!

  • Like 2
  • Laugh 7

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, nilyank said:

I also had issues that Nicole is apparently allowed to take a child out of the nursery and bring her to Allie's room (and then later Sami returning back to the nursery). 

I mean it's not like the hospital didn't recently discover that newborn babies were switched at birth....Oh wait.

Well this is the same hospital that let Kristen hold a baby a few weeks ago despite her history.

  • Like 6
  • Useful 1

Share this post


Link to post

This was a terrible episode. Kate and Abe’s conversation, who cares? Justin and Bonnie, who cares? CIN’s anguish, who cares? Gabi being a heinous bitch to Jake was such a turnoff. 
 

Gwen with Jack and Jennifer was the highlight, and that’s not saying much.

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
2 minutes ago, TenaciousWarrior said:

This was a terrible episode. Kate and Abe’s conversation, who cares? Justin and Bonnie, who cares? CIN’s anguish, who cares? Gabi being a heinous bitch to Jake was such a turnoff. 
 

Gwen with Jack and Jennifer was the highlight, and that’s not saying much.

Agreed.  It was too boring to even snark much about.

While I don't dislike Gabi, I really wished she would just shut the hell up about Stefan being the love of her life.  Enough, already.  And even I'm tired of her going off on everybody, all the time.  She's edging up towards Julie territory for me.

  • Like 8

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, boes said:

While I don't dislike Gabi, I really wished she would just shut the hell up about Stefan being the love of her life.  Enough, already.  And even I'm tired of her going off on everybody, all the time.  She's edging up towards Julie territory for me.

To me she crossed that line quite some time ago and fully deserves to be deemed "Julie Jr.".

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post

8 hours ago, Irlandesa said:

Those scenes were the highlight of the episode for me because it was the kind of "filler" I used to love on soaps that managed to bridge one shocking event to another yet still be entertaining. 

With Gabi and Jake, there was some nuance.  She ended up being more upset at seeing Jake as Stefan than she planned and his frustration led him to say some awful things to her. 

And with Jack, Jennifer and Gwen, it was the humor.  MA and MR are really good at amused reactions and I love Jack's little asides, especially after the sex tape comment.  It was kind of random having them all together. We didn't learn anything new.  It was just---fun.

I agree, about having Fun scenes....Matt & Missy were good in those scenes today....there is little fun on this show anymore, I appreciate it....remember Calliope?  She always added fun to scenes.

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post

@peachmangosteen, are you the new mod for this board? Congrats!

I enjoyed the Gwen and Jack and Jennifer scenes. The actress playing Gwen continues to annoy with the constant finger licking and putting her hand on her mouth. It's distracting. Jack did have some good one-liners. I'm sure the actor enjoyed having a bit more sparkling dialogue. All that wine would get me drunk very fast. Gwen is still useless and has zero reason to be there except for probably being homeless.

Gabi wore her next to nothing outfit for a business dinner? No one would be looking at Jake DiMera's poor eating ribs manners. They would be too mesmerized by her dress.

How does one misplace a wedding dress? Although Ciara's little negligee was one of the classier items she has worn in a while.

In reality, Ben would be kept overnight at the hospital and have a full psych evaluation. He has no memory of where he was, how he got there, or what happened during his absence. A good doctor would keep him for observation and monitor his room for any coming and goings of hospital staff. This is Salem!

At least Kate can wince about being a great-grandmother. And no, you don't normally ask for a 10% raise after 3 months, and especially in this economy.

Justin is not that good of a lawyer, Bonnie. Maybe he is better with contract law than a defense attorney. Guess you skipped out on paying for your hotel room.

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post
13 hours ago, peachmangosteen said:

They really didn't do enough to explain why Allie acts like a complete asshole and also like a very whiny toddler. All because her mother decided to keep her kids with her while she traveled instead of letting a nanny/family member raise them? Meh, grow up, Allie! The actress is actually pretty good too, which makes the fact that the character is so heinous even more annoying. 

Lucky kid.  She got to see the world.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
5 hours ago, nilyank said:

I also had issues that Nicole is apparently allowed to take a child out of the nursery and bring her to Allie's room (and then later Sami returning back to the nursery). 

I mean it's not like the hospital didn't recently discover that newborn babies were switched at birth....Oh wait.

Nicole has no business being around any baby connected to Sami, when Sami pops off on her she is going to run to Eric about how mean Sami is.. People are saying that Gabi is Julie jr, but I think Nicole is the one who deserves to be called that.. She has no business inserting herself in Sami's situation with her daughter and grandson..

Edited by Pearson80
  • Like 8

Share this post


Link to post
3 hours ago, Door County Cherry said:

Nope.  Still me and @scarynikki12 for now. 

Abc Love GIF by The Bachelor

 

 

Yeah, we other mods come here to do as is deserved for this show: Watch and openly mock with the rest of you.  😄 It's very therapeutic!

  • Like 6
  • Laugh 6

Share this post


Link to post

LOVED Jack & Jenn - the reactions were priceless.  And Gwen was funny in her ignorance of impropriety.

I liked seeing Abe & Kate.  I swear, I have a problem.  I have serious Kate-blinders on.  The woman does horrible things and yet I can't help but root for her.  I did think it funny she casually mentioned Vivian had caused her to be IMPRISONED ON A SHIP FOR A YEAR.  WTH? Before my viewing time. 

Gabi is emotionally all over the map.  And you can tell Jake is drawn to her. But I can't see that outfit without thinking she needs to go to JC Penny and get fitted properly for a bra. (My inner grandma is showing).

Was Ben ABLE to have the 'wedding night'? Seems like he was having troubles.  And, yes, it's COMPLETELY ridiculous that he isn't in a psych eval right now. 

Edited by SueB · Reason: Spelling. I support Kate, I don’t navigate for her
  • Like 9
  • Laugh 1

Share this post


Link to post

Well, that was awkward.

On 8/10/2020 at 4:04 PM, DaphneCat said:

So today, rather than join the Sami bashing club, Will acknowledged that he HAD a choice, he MADE a choice, and he's taking responsibility for that choice? And he later said the exact same thing to his father rather than throw Sami under the bus?  Who is this person and what has he done with Will?

Heh. And more importantly, can we make him teach other people in town to take responsibility for their choices? And also make him get a decent haircut? (I don't even mind the scrubby starter beard, but Will looks more like an inmate now than he did when he was actually in prison.)

  • Like 5
  • Laugh 2

Share this post


Link to post

I'm a Stabi fan and even I'm getting burnt out on her going on and on about Stefan. Interestingly though Brandon Barash tweeted that the scene with Gabi yesterday arguing was his favorite Days scene he ever filmed.

Its so funny how simply pairing in scenes unexpected characters can make you feel so differently. I've been actively disliking Gwen since she was introduced but yesterday the scenes with J&J really worked and I didn't mind her.

  • Like 6
  • Laugh 2

Share this post


Link to post
23 hours ago, scarynikki12 said:

But they acknowledged it! This was always the first step in my dream story where Sami and the kids finally deal with the realities of EJ, Johnny's conception, etc. I'm also relieved that they haven't rectonned it so that Sydney is Johnny's twin sister in an effort to erase the rape.

 

 

I've always assumed that Sami has told the kids/let them assume that she cheated on Lucas with EJ to explain the twins conceptions. As awful a story as that is it's a kinder one for Johnny, Sydney, and Sami. Johnny doesn't know he was conceived in rape, Sydney doesn't know her father is a rapist, and Sami can just ignore it/excuse it since EJ is the "love of her life". It really sucks for Allie because she believes that her mom deceived and purposefully hurt her father so she ends up with a harsh view and strained relationship. In other words, this is a meaty story that the show can get tons of mileage from before we even get into the truth.

See that ? Effective use of history right there . 

Id gladly tune in to watch this particular storyline unfold  .

 

 

Edited by Rafael
  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
17 hours ago, nilyank said:

I also had issues that Nicole is apparently allowed to take a child out of the nursery and bring her to Allie's room (and then later Sami returning back to the nursery). 

I mean it's not like the hospital didn't recently discover that newborn babies were switched at birth....Oh wait.

If they're worried, they can always do a DNA test which will also get switched.

  • Like 1
  • Laugh 6

Share this post


Link to post
8 hours ago, WendyCR72 said:

Yeah, we other mods come here to do as is deserved for this show: Watch and openly mock with the rest of you.  😄 It's very therapeutic!

How does one join the mod squad?

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post

....HOW LONG was that letter Allie wrote in the two minutes before she ran out..??

0*ohLEA1yi-YUBFe5V.

 

Nice hair everybody! Nicole's is fuller, so is Will's beard. We're now into the February footage. Buckle up folks, rocky waters ahead!

So now we have official confirmation Sonny is bipolar. WTH was that scene? Breakup anger to smiley lovey dovey in thirty seconds! I swear they should start calling this show Much Ado About Nothing. 🙄

I really, really hope we get to see Will, Ari and Sonny with a doggie. Please?

Granny Warbucks! Okay that was cute. So is Kate's outfit. It is so, so nice seeing Kate, Sami, Abe and Lucas together in a scene. In fact, the cast has felt more whole the last two weeks with Sami, Lucas, Belle and Shawn around.

NuClaire? Ummm....she looks like the actress who fills in for two weeks as they cast the new permanent replacement. I guess she looks a little bit like Shawn in the nose/eyes department? Kinda? Anyway, yeah, not a great recast.

 

Edited by DisneyBoy
  • Like 9
  • Laugh 3

Share this post


Link to post
10 minutes ago, DisneyBoy said:

....HOW LONG was that letter Allie wrote in the two minutes before she ran out..??

0*ohLEA1yi-YUBFe5V.

And I didn't miss the paragraph where Allie said that Sami ruined everything. 

Honestly, if Nicole (and Eric) are such shining lights of the most perfect parents why weren't they first on her list when she decided on giving up her baby for adoption after 5 minute conversation with Will and Sonny.

Rafe was her first and best choice. Then Will and Sonny. Now Nicole (Eric).

Allie tells Claire that she knows that Nicole won't let Sami take the baby away from her.

If Allie really wants her (and her husband) to adopt her child, she needs to stay in Salem and see a lawyer (that she pays for) and get adoption papers drawn up. Instead she runs away.

  • Like 10
  • Laugh 2

Share this post


Link to post

The new Claire seems OK, it will take awhile to get used to her, she has a different energy than Olivia Keegan.  But, she & Allie do look like Family & the dialogue was written to make a Big Deal out of the 2 of them being Family.  Allie just seems so immature.  Does her baby even have a NAME?!  On a shallow note, I personally dont care for Will's scruffy beard, and I wish Sami would change out of that un-attractive low cut red dress she has been wearing.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post

I already miss Original Recipe Claire 😞

What was the point of Sonny's anguish if they were going to resolve it all in two seconds and have them go back to talking like co workers?

Eric 'non judgemental'. Best laugh I had all week thanks Allie

  • Like 9
  • Laugh 3

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, nilyank said:

And I didn't miss the paragraph where Allie said that Sami ruined everything. 

Honestly, if Nicole (and Eric) are such shining lights of the most perfect parents why weren't they first on her list when she decided on giving up her baby for adoption after 5 minute conversation with Will and Sonny.

Rafe was her first and best choice. Then Will and Sonny. Now Nicole (Eric).

Allie tells Claire that she knows that Nicole won't let Sami take the baby away from her.

If Allie really wants her (and her husband) to adopt her child, she needs to stay in Salem and see a lawyer (that she pays for) and get adoption papers drawn up. Instead she runs away.

This.  And Eric actually had the audacity to say that THIS wasn't an impulsive decision.  Even HE can't be that stupid can he?  And then the whole "oh, we can all make a happy family with this baby that's been dumped on us.  Who cares about and of the other 8,964 relatives in Salem who might not think this is just a great idea."  Salem time is not normal but since Sami and Nicole are still wearing the same clothes are we supposed to think it's the next day?  So less than 24 hours ago, Allie was asking Rafe to reconsider and take the kid, now suddenly, Allie has made a carefully considered, well thought out decision?  Right.

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, brisbydog said:

What was the point of Sonny's anguish if they were going to resolve it all in two seconds and have them go back to talking like co workers?

What was the point of Sonny's anguish period?  This was something to be sad and frustrated over but marriage-ending upset over?  No.  (I actually wrote career-ending upset at first.  Ha!) 

And yet---

1 hour ago, DisneyBoy said:

So now we have official confirmation Sonny is bipolar. WTH was that scene? Breakup anger to smiley lovey dovey in thirty seconds! I swear they should start calling this show Much Ado About Nothing.

This was also strange.  3 days of anger and then all smiley face, let's get a dog?

1 hour ago, DisneyBoy said:

It is so, so nice seeing Kate, Sami, Abe and Lucas together in a scene. In fact, the cast has felt more whole the last two weeks with Sami, Lucas, Belle and Shawn around.

I don't know if it's having these characters specifically that has helped, although they have, but I've noticed the show filling the scenes a bit more.  Like yesterday at the Dimera mansion, there was probably no absolute necessity that Jack and Jennifer be in those scenes but just adding those two, along with Gabi, Gwen and Jake, helped fill them up/round them out.  Abe didn't need to be in the scenes today but he was and that was nice.

The show does feel fuller because the scenes aren't gliding by with the bare minimum of performers.  It's sad that we'll probably go back to that because of COVID.

Otherwise, I thought the show was a snoozer today.  Allie wrote the longest note.  NuClaire seems like she's probably a decent actress but I do miss the more fraught energy of OKR.  Sami just went around town looking for Allie on all the show's sets? 

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post

Abe defending Nicole as a good Mother and I am surprised he did not offer her one of his coming grandchildren.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post

My Will! Your ability to grow a full beard overnight is so impressive!

NuClaire is fine. She's nowhere near as high strung as OldClaire though, and definitely seems to be playing older - which is jarring against Allie, who we have discussed many times, plays much younger than her supposed 21-22 year age.

I'm just tired of this baby adoption storyline. So Allie just abandons her baby and... runs back to the place she's living? The place where everyone knows she's living? Does she expect Eric and Nicole to come home with the baby (as IF the hospital would just let them waltz out - oh wait, I forgot this was Salem U Hospital), and give her a thank you card or something and then send her on her merry way?

  • Like 6
  • Laugh 2

Share this post


Link to post
scarynikki12

Spoilers are not allowed in this thread. Period. Any posts that include spoilers (and casting information qualifies) will be removed. There are several other threads that allow spoilers so take that discussion to one of them.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...

Customize font-size