Type keyword(s) to search

Current Plots Discussion: Actually Today's Episode

Message added by scarynikki12

Spoilers are not allowed in this thread. Period. Any posts that include spoilers (and casting information qualifies) will be removed. There are several other threads that allow spoilers so take that discussion to one of them.

• Start Topic

It was Michael T. Weiss that was Mike back then and yes IMO the best Mike. RC's version didn't show up till the 90s

I didn't care for Roark Critchlow's version then again the writing for his Mike wasn't that great he didn't get much of a story until they made him a foil for Austin/Carrie. 

• Love 3
14 hours ago, norcalgal said:

Oh yeah, Chris Kostichek (spelling?).  I thought it was sooooo dumb when they used an actor who had been on the show before to become the new Roman.  Just because long time viewers watch a soap, doesn't mean they have amnesia like tons of soap characters!

Who played Mike Horton at that time?  Was it Roark or was it Michael T. Weiss?  (An aside:  those are the only 2 actors I've seen portray Mike, and I much preferred MTW. Squuueeed when I saw him on that NBC series The Pretender.)

Oh riiiiight, I remember Marcus. I recognized him from DOOL when he was on the show Babylon 5. Yeah, at that time ('80s), most of the general public wouldn't have been OK with an interracial romance. [That's why Norman Lear was such a pioneer because he had an interracial couple (Tom & Helen) on The Jeffersons - and this was the 1970s!] Sad that the actor (Richard Biggs) died.

In fact, when I recognize soap actors in other tv shows/films I get a smile remembering their soap character. My kids don't care when I point out hey! so and so was on DOOL, or General Hospital, or B&B, etc.

The gorgeous Michael T, Weiss played Mike Horton and he also sparkled with Marlena after Roman died and before Rojohn came into her life.. Soaps used to test characters to see if they had chemistry and if they made sense as a couple..

Richard Biggs who played Marcus died suddenly of a brain aneurysm leaving  behind a wife and two young daughters.  

• Love 1

I rather enjoyed today's episode. I like it when the show does a good job of playing out the repercussions of things, giving the actors a chance to sink their teeth into the material.

Mary Beth was awesome today, and I felt just as pissed off as she did. How was today's lecture from Steve any different from when he left her a few years ago, and essentially made it seem like his feelings were more important than hers? It seems like he's always controlling her life and for that alone I really wish she had a time where she had another really good love interest (sorry Justin but in spite of what you said, your love story hasn't been that great so far). I'll be happy enough when Stayla are back together though. They have amazing chemistry and are such great actors. But yeah...I'm pissed off for Kayla that Steve is always in and out. Of course if the producers hadn't fired him, he probably would have stuck around the last few years and we would have been spared this whole storyline so if she should be yelling at anyone it's them.

It was nice seeing Orpheus with both of his children, but I don't feel like the kids are really siblings yet. I know these actors are just starting to work together for the first time but there wasn't much chemistry there between them. It felt kind of awkward. And I'm totally confused as to what kind of lives they have lead. It seems like she has kids and is a lawyer and disagrees with Orpheus but still loves him...but where was she when he broke out of jail and was laying Siege to Salem a few years ago? Does she know that he tried to burn Marlena and Kayla in coffins? It isn't quite clear. Ditto for Chris. How much does he know about who his father is? If they're all suddenly working together now and playing Happy Family, it would be nice to know why they were never mentioned and never popped up previously. I mean, I know the real life reason why they were never mentioned is because the producers didn't think to get them involved in those storylines, but at least if the writing tries to justify why characters wasn't around I can suspend disbelief.

I'm also finding it a little confusing that the show is basically giving us another psychotic father with two children who are also going to cause trouble. We just had that with Clyde and the Westin kids. Is Orpheus' brood going to be made out to be worse than the Westons for the sake of propping up Ben? I really like Orpheus so I'm hoping Ron doesn't screw him up or make his kids idiotic. There's already a lot to wrap my head around. The show hasn't done very much with this idea that Chris is by, even though he's the first by character that's ever been on the series. Are they trying to sweep it under the rug? His sister telling him that she knows he cared about Jordan was weird. We certainly don't know it...all we know is that he killed her!

On that note, was anybody else hoping for some flashbacks to when Orpheus kidnapped Marlena? I saw a brief clip of that somewhere online at one point, but I don't know the whole storyline at all. Seeing as how they're drawing from a story that happened 30 years ago and has basically never been referenced since, I feel like now would be the time to really pull out some lengthy flashbacks and reestablish for the new audience who the heck are these characters are.

Then again, we were also getting a lot of information and exposition from Kayla and Steve and Jennifer and Jack. Considering that Jennifer remembered how Hope saved her life when Orpheus strapped the bomb to her, maybe she could mention that to Hope to remind her that even though Gina or rather the brain chip endangered her life, Hope had already saved it once before so she shouldn't beat herself up too much because it all evens out.

Anyway I was surprised that I enjoyed this episode as much as I did because things have been pretty terrible lately. I'm looking forward to enjoying the drama with Orpheus and his kids but I'm dreading that they're going to screw it up.

• Love 5
1 hour ago, DisneyBoy said:

I'm looking forward to enjoying the drama with Orpheus and his kids but I'm dreading that they're going to screw it up.

The Orpheus family drama is my current fave story tbh. It's fresh for me since I have never seen Orpheus before. 

42 minutes ago, Silver Raven said:

I love how David just keeps saying, "Yeah."

I'm obsessed with it. It's truly hilarious. I assume his handler or whatever was like just say 'yea' to anything this guy says and he did his job, dammit!

I feel like I've read here that Orpheus has Marlena carry and/or care for his kids or something. Am I making that up lol? Anyway, if so, are Zoey and Chris (I guess he's Chris now lol) those same kids? Also, I just realized that their names are the same names as my sister and brother but spelled differently lol.

• Love 5
1 hour ago, peachmangosteen said:

The Orpheus family drama is my current fave story tbh. It's fresh for me since I have never seen Orpheus before. 

I'm obsessed with it. It's truly hilarious. I assume his handler or whatever was like just say 'yea' to anything this guy says and he did his job, dammit!

I feel like I've read here that Orpheus has Marlena carry and/or care for his kids or something. Am I making that up lol? Anyway, if so, are Zoey and Chris (I guess he's Chris now lol) those same kids? Also, I just realized that their names are the same names as my sister and brother but spelled differently lol.

Yes, Marlena cared for Zoey and Chris when they were toddlers and she was Orpheus's prisoner. I believe they had Chris mention it when his identity was revealed. But hasn't been brought up since. 

We should be seeing Chris and Kelly get close to Marlena, as the only mother figure they have ever known. It would be a good way to strengthen his character. I find that much more organic than Marlena being a Ben fan. 

I find the idea of Marlena forging a relationship with Chris and Kelly and the complications that brings far more interesting than anything they have done with her lately. 

• Love 6

Marlena and John have become complete cartoons. Marlena with her over-the- top gasping, and the deer in the head light expression is just embarrassing to watch. How many times can this  woman be a victim? And grandpa John running to the rescue.🙄

• Love 10
1 hour ago, Sidney said:

Marlena and John have become complete cartoons. Marlena with her over-the- top gasping, and the deer in the head light expression is just embarrassing to watch. How many times can this  woman be a victim? And grandpa John running to the rescue.🙄

They're FF material to me unless they have scenes with their children where they are more grounded. Jarlena haven't been grounded in reality since John was Roman(and yes I'm aware of how ironic that sounds). Course I admit I was never a fan of Jarlena as a couple their kissing scenes make me cringe and felt their relationship was based on sex and high drama more than anything that was soulful. That being said they managed to be popular after all these years so I guess it works?

• Love 7
14 minutes ago, CanaryFan98 said:

They're FF material to me unless they have scenes with their children where they are more grounded. Jarlena haven't been grounded in reality since John was Roman(and yes I'm aware of how ironic that sounds). Course I admit I was never a fan of Jarlena as a couple their kissing scenes make me cringe and felt their relationship was based on sex and high drama more than anything that was soulful. That being said they managed to be popular after all these years so I guess it works?

Marlena's orgasmic moaning, and John trying to swallow her face... it's too much. Thank God they wrapped up that mess between her and Steve. 

You're right, they need to stick to supporting their family and keep the romance OFFSCREEN.

• Love 8

Does anyone else think casting did a great job with the actress playing Zoey? A few scenes before it was revealed she and Evan/Christian were brother and sister, I swear I said to myself, 'couldn't they have cast someone for Evan's lawyer who didn't look just like him?' They really do favor each other in my opinion.

• Love 7
36 minutes ago, WendyCR72 said:

To be fair, I was never that much of a fan of John/Marlena (even when he thought he was Roman). But I adored John/Isabella. Just too bad their son is a complete tool.

I didn't care for Roman/Marlena with Drake in the role as I thought he had more chemistry with Genie Francis and Staci Greason. I liked WN's Roman with Marlena though.  I even liked John/Kristen before she became evil. 

EM got me to like Brady despite his flaws I hated him when KL played him even though his version was written better.

• Love 5

Do people just get in to John and Marlena's building and take the elevator to the penthouse? No doorman or special doorbell to ring to gain entrance?

Am not really feeling Orpheus and his kids. They all seem to be semi-strangers to each other. What did Orpheus and Christian do?

I liked Kayla telling Steve off and that she wants to make the right decision for her. He is not entitled to jump back in her life the way he has treated her for many years.

Nice move, Zoey, to tell Rafe that you are Evan's/Christian's sister.

• Love 3
27 minutes ago, Giuseppe said:

Does anyone else think casting did a great job with the actress playing Zoey? A few scenes before it was revealed she and Evan/Christian were brother and sister, I swear I said to myself, 'couldn't they have cast someone for Evan's lawyer who didn't look just like him?' They really do favor each other in my opinion.

I also noticed how much they look alike.  I also kept wondering if they had some type of previous incestuous relationship.  At times they looked at one another like they could jump each other's bones.   

• LOL 2
55 minutes ago, Frozendiva said:

Am not really feeling Orpheus and his kids. They all seem to be semi-strangers to each other. What did Orpheus and Christian do?

Well, Orpheus hates Marlena and John (but it really should be Roman), so I would assume he swapped babies around thereby hurting Marlena and John's sons.

• Love 1

So I get that Orpheus has complete immunity for all previous crimes but does that mean he can just break into people's houses or refuse to leave and not suffer any consequences? Because, unless he has diplomatic immunity, that is not how immunity works. It does not give the criminal the ability to never be prosecuted for any crime ever again.

My little Jack and Jenn loving heart is just eating up any interaction I can get between them.

Go Kayla although she is going to end up doing exactly what Steve wants - stay with Justin instead taking some time to figure out what she truly wants. The reality is that she spent over 10 years alone without a man, managing to raise her daughter and become a doctor on her own. She has the ability to make her own decisions and, if she decided to forgive you and give your relationship another chance, it is insulting to take that decision from her. If you still love her and want to be with her then that is her decision to make - not yours.

• Love 6
34 minutes ago, nilyank said:

Well, Orpheus hates Marlena and John (but it really should be Roman), so I would assume he swapped babies around thereby hurting Marlena and John's sons.

I got the impression that Orpheus and Christian had done something recently.

• Useful 1
  • Love 1
3 hours ago, nilyank said:

Yeah, I think that is what happened too but I also think that it will turn out that it was Zoey's daughter that died that night and they did it to protect her - just speculation, not any kind of spoiler or rumor. Something about the way they made a point of talking about her being a mom just struck me as foreshadowing.

• Love 6
6 hours ago, cmahorror said:

Yeah, I think that is what happened too but I also think that it will turn out that it was Zoey's daughter that died that night and they did it to protect her - just speculation, not any kind of spoiler or rumor. Something about the way they made a point of talking about her being a mom just struck me as foreshadowing.

Oh, now THAT'S a really interesting idea.  We've all speculated that baby #3 is actually the one that died but we've never speculated how it could have happened.  To tie it back to Orpheus would be kind of an interesting plot.  Even better if Xander is the one to figure it out.

Edited by DaphneCat
Forgot, I want Xander to be a part of this plot.
  • Love 5
6 hours ago, cmahorror said:

That's brilliant, Cmahorror!  

I already like Kelly Thiebaud in the role and I think she could do it justice.

• LOL 1
  • Love 5

Bizarre name aside and the fact the son has changed personas and names more than Diddy, I’m liking Orpheus and his kids. They’re just enough believably menacing and a touch creepy. 

Question... if the only DNA on Jordan’s body and crime scene was Ben’s and Evan/Christian/Chris. Why was Orpheus confession to it even accepted? 🤔 and why was is thrown out as an accident? How do you accidentally strangle someone? Neck massage gone wrong? 

I feel like Steve is using reverse psychology or hard to get to pique Kayla’s interest. I’m sure he does feel like shit he’s treated her bad then tried to kill her when brainwashed but also this is his angle in pushing her away. 

• Love 4

Oh Patch, how typical of you, you silly, stubborn man. I can't ever see Kayla getting that excited with Justin. Just a matter of time. 

I ff'd through everything else, mostly, except Jack and Jennifer. Their scenes were nothing special, but I just love them. John and Marlena -- not so much. 

I caught enough of the Orpheus clan to not really care either way what happens. Oh, but maybe I missed this tidbit -- she's a mother currently? With a live baby? Hmmmmmm...@cmahorror -- I like that idea a lot, too!

• Love 4
2 hours ago, Petunia13 said:

Bizarre name aside and the fact the son has changed personas and names more than Diddy, I’m liking Orpheus and his kids. They’re just enough believably menacing and a touch creepy. 

Question... if the only DNA on Jordan’s body and crime scene was Ben’s and Evan/Christian/Chris. Why was Orpheus confession to it even accepted? 🤔 and why was is thrown out as an accident? How do you accidentally strangle someone? Neck massage gone wrong? 

I feel like Steve is using reverse psychology or hard to get to pique Kayla’s interest. I’m sure he does feel like shit he’s treated her bad then tried to kill her when brainwashed but also this is his angle in pushing her away. 

I too think they could be a good "crime" family.  I'm REALLY over the all-powerful cartoon criminals who never suffer any consequences.  I just hope they don't have Orpheus committing every crime known to man and using his ISA golden ticket to get off.

Orpheus took blame for the kidnapping (not sure how that worked since Rafe was a witness that Evan/Christian took him) NOT the murder of Jordan.  Supposedly he still faces murder charges.

Today was one of the first days I didn't like Justin's role in all this.  Yes, he said the right words - that he didn't want Kayla by default.  But it seemed to be a rather large anvil when Kayla said John told Steve about everything he'd done.  They specifically had Justin have a flash-back that it was him who told Steve, but they DIDN'T have him clear it up with Kayla.  Plus they are REALLY setting it up that Justin is the "safe" (read "boring") choice.

• Love 3

Re:  Steve's giving up on getting back together with Kayla:  I know we're supposed to be seeing Steve as being noble but Kayla sees it as just one more instance of his trying to control her life and really, it is her choice who she's in a relationship with.  I just kind of want the Steve/Kayla/Justin to end already and I know it's just beginning.

I loved seeing Queen Gabi back but what was with Abs' smugly smiling when Tony was so rude to her?  So are we supposed to see Gabi has an outsider in the great DiMera family?  Like it's this great prize to be a member of the murderous clan?

It's also wonderful to see Kate again but is she sure she wants to get a job with Abe of all people?  Talk about scraping the bottom of the employment barrel.

• Love 7
22 hours ago, Silver Raven said:

I love how David just keeps saying, "Yeah."

21 hours ago, peachmangosteen said:

That really was adorable. I'll take that little boy endlessly saying "yeah" over all those other kid "actors" who stare blankly into space clearly wanting to be anywhere else. The little David actor even made eye contact with Rafe. So yeah, his handler (parents?) did a good job prepping him on what to do during the scene. 

Question: why does Rafe have custody of David? Was he married to Jordan before her death?

• Love 4
7 minutes ago, bunnyblue said:

Question: why does Rafe have custody of David? Was he married to Jordan before her death?

Well, Jordan asked him to babysit and then she went and got herself killed and in Salem, the last person holding a kid is the one who gets to keep him, sorta like musical chairs.

All I can remember is that Jordan asked Rafe to go and retrieve her son when she was in the mental hospital and Rafe has had him ever since.  Baby David is sort of a consolation prize for Rafe being such a loser.

• LOL 11
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, kitmerlot1213 said:

Re:  Steve's giving up on getting back together with Kayla:  I know we're supposed to be seeing Steve as being noble but Kayla sees it as just one more instance of his trying to control her life and really, it is her choice who she's in a relationship with. 

I get what you are saying, but this is in character. Steve pushing Kayla to be with Jack years ago (because Steve found out Jack was his brother, was supposedly dying of Hodgkin's disease, was in love with her, and Steve did not think he was good enough for her) was what set everything in motion there.

So it may be frustrating, but for once, Ron mined history properly. (And I HATE MYSELF for saying that.)

• Love 5

Steve and Hope getting chips implanted and being mean to people is a catastrophic event?

So Anna mentioned Carrie and Noah. I guess that's confirmation that Carrie and Austin are split.

Gabi reading everybody in the room was hilarious.

• Love 2

Gabi was hella manic today. I could hardly keep up with what Camilla was saying. Also, the sudden onslaught of Stefan references was pretty jarring. I hate that she's now calling herself a DiMera and fighting for control of the company. It makes her seem so desperate. I would much rather she was doing her own thing and being her own boss... I feel like for the rest of her time on this show, however long that is, she's going to be permanently used as someone trying to interfere with the DiMera family and I'd rather they went in a different direction.

33 minutes ago, Silver Raven said:

So Anna mentioned Carrie and Noah. I guess that's confirmation that Carrie and Austin are split.

It would have been pretty weak tea of them to say that Carrie and Austin had gotten back together off screen, considering Carrie slept with Rafe and Austin hit on Abigail (shudder) in France. Don't get me wrong, I think it's stupid that they split them up in the first place, but to split them up and start that story and somehow resolve it without putting any effort into it would have been very lazy.

Can someone please explain to me why Kate suddenly has to go around begging people for work? Isn't she completely loaded? It was kind of cute that she worked at the pub for a while, if only for the novelty of it, but I didn't understand the logic of that either. Why would a CEO business woman of her calibre debase herself by publicly waiting tables? It seemed wildly out of character, and working for City Hall by begging Abe for a job also doesn't make sense in my mind.

I'm glad Tony and Anna got a bit of a farewell, if only because they've both come and gone from the show so frequently and with such little fanfare in the past. I do think it was incredibly tasteless though for Ron to write her as having sent an apology letter to Steve in the hospital rather than showing up in person and taking responsibility for bludgeoning him and blinding him all over again. An "I'm sorry" note doesn't really cover it!

Edited by DisneyBoy
  • Love 4
18 hours ago, A.J. said:

I also noticed how much they look alike.    

Brock Kelly played Teen Dean on Supernatural like a million years ago, and I can personally really see his resemblance to Jensen Ackles now- Brock's face got more defined like Jensen's. So I keep feeling like he should be playing a De-aged Eric. Lol.

Edited by methodwriter85
  • Love 4
On ‎4‎/‎16‎/‎2020 at 12:49 PM, Lastwaltz said:

Poor Xander. Just shut up, Eric. You may be right but just shut up. 

Nope. Xander gets no passes from me. Karma's got her pointiest boots on, and she's coming for Xander's self-indulgent, stupid, evil ass. Rant away, Sobby Former Father Uncle Eric! Rant to your little heart's content.  

Little David's adorable (did they SORAS him a little already?) --  and it's nice that Gering finally gets a scene partner who can do most of the heavy lifting for him.

Edited by Sandman
  • LOL 5
  • Love 7
31 minutes ago, Sandman said:

Little David's adorable (did they SORAS him a little already?) --  and it's nice that Gering finally gets a scene partner who can do most of the heavy lifting for him.

STOP!

I missed the first half and then I only watched the Gabi scenes so! Anyway, Gabi looked fantastic but I am with @DisneyBoy in wishing she'd get out of DiMera hell.

• LOL 2
  • Love 3
42 minutes ago, Sandman said:

source.gif

• LOL 7
  • Love 1

Kayla telling Justin "I want you. I love you. I choose you" just doesn't seem as romantic when it comes on the heels of Steve taking himself out of the running and basically making the choice for her. Justin really should have stuck to his guns and told Kayla to take a few days to process things before making her big declaration. But the poor guy is probably so desperate to hold onto her that he'll overlook the fact that he is her consolation prize. 

I loved SN & KA sharing a scene without the stupidity of the Stefano & Gina farce. Given the fact that Steve & Hope are currently unattached and given their loooong history, would the show test the waters on a romantic pairing between them? Or is that a bridge too far considering Bo & Steve were as close as brothers? Either way, it would be nice if Hope & Steve could at least help each other platonically get over what Rolf did to them.

3 hours ago, Silver Raven said:

So Anna mentioned Carrie and Noah.

I always forget Anna is Carrie's mother, so I was confused as to why Anna was so eager to get back to Carrie & Noah. 

3 hours ago, DisneyBoy said:

I hate that she's now calling herself a DiMera and fighting for control of the company.

Do prenuptial agreements not exist on soaps? I hate the tired trope that just a few months of marriage entitle someone to an equal (or bigger) share of a family's fortune. 

3 hours ago, DisneyBoy said:

Austin hit on Abigail (shudder) in France.

🤢 Jesus, it feels like it was just a few years ago that 20-something Austin was donating his bone marrow to baby Abigail. 

Edited by bunnyblue
  • Love 4

Were they chem testing Kate and Abe or summin? Also it seemed like dialogue or a plot point meant for Eve but not used so Ron shoved it in as “filler”. Now she I’d buy applying for a job as Abe’s political hype (wo)man since he’s seen first hand how effective she was. FFS he was the long standing and regarded leader and she railied the town around a damn amnesiac who was also exposed publicly by his own son as a rapist and still was winning polls. Plus Kate has never been known for her diplomacy or tact, she’s rude as hell and shades and hates strangers so for her to say she’s an expert at the political nicey nice shit was reach. 

Abby and Chad were completely unnecessary to this episode. I’m still struggling to find why they even are here. 

Show continues to make us want to believe people drink room temp or warm champagne (gags). Each time people are imprisoned in DiMera cellar they guzzle it and today he brought a bottle up and they drank it immediately also when Kristen was pretending to Nicole she was drinking one from some old waiting gift basket. It’s not like a spirit that can be palatable at room temp. 

Tony, Abby, Chad shading Gabi for her leadership was weird since they’ve displayed absolutely zero work ethic or reason why they think she’s shit. I mean what, if anything, have they done for DiMera? 

Anna’s card to Steve “Sorry I poked out your eye. If I could do it differently I’d have maimed you in a place that didn’t affect your vision” Um. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 8

Thought today's show was a bit of filler.

However, some soaps are running out of episodes, so Days really planned ahead and we have material for a while.

Kate has been a CEO for many companies and had her own. Start another one, Kate. Why would you want to work for Abe.

Lots of Stefan anvils and flashbacks.

Yay for Tony and Anna going back to Europe where they don't have to deal with wet blankets Chad and Abs. Abs, please wash your hair.

Why are they all against Gabi? She's probably the only one actually, er, working while they just sit around and mope about how woeful they are and plot some uninteresting revenge.

Kayla needs a vacation from both Steve and Justin.

• Love 8
On 4/20/2020 at 7:26 PM, JBC344 said:

Yes, Marlena cared for Zoey and Chris when they were toddlers and she was Orpheus's prisoner. I believe they had Chris mention it when his identity was revealed. But hasn't been brought up since. 

We should be seeing Chris and Kelly get close to Marlena, as the only mother figure they have ever known. It would be a good way to strengthen his character. I find that much more organic than Marlena being a Ben fan. 

I find the idea of Marlena forging a relationship with Chris and Kelly and the complications that brings far more interesting than anything they have done with her lately. 

Marlena was not the only mother figure that they knew. They knew their mom and on that island Orpheus told them that Marlena was their new mother. Seeing his children's grief for their deceased mother fueled his hatred of RoJohn. He told Marlena if she did not raise his children as her own then he would kill Carrie, Sami and Eric. It is how he kept her in line because he was evil and crazy enough to do that.  Plus, Orpheus sister-in-law their mother's sister was their primary caretaker and she felt bad for Rojohn and Marlena but was too scared of him to go up against him.. I do believe in the end she did help Rojohn but it was too late to save Marlena from the plane crash that killed her..

• Love 4

Oh, Kate. You disappoint me! You ought to have more self-awareness than to blame your bad choices on being "under Stefano's spell."

You'd almost think Gabi must be reading theses threads, what with calling him "Steveno." But I couldn't possibly care any less if Gabi takes over Dimera Enterprises' main widget factory or not.

• LOL 3
  • Love 4
8 hours ago, bunnyblue said:

🤢 Jesus, it feels like it was just a few years ago that 20-something Austin was donating his bone marrow to baby Abigail. 

You can't even blame rapid SORAS here. Abby is one of the least Sorased characters that grew up on the show. Her birthdate is 1992 and it's only been revised to 1989 as she celebrated her Sweet 16 in 2006.

• Love 2
13 hours ago, bunnyblue said:

Jesus, it feels like it was just a few years ago that 20-something Austin was donating his bone marrow to baby Abigail. 

It WAS just a few years ago when Abby was throwing herself at a very married Austin. 

• Love 2

Abigail was making a lot of sense today. 
Looks like Gabi has a possible new love interest and he is cute. 
I know we are supposed to have sympathy for Kristin but I don’t. Run Sarah Run. 

• LOL 2
  • Love 5

I don't know if it's the way I watch now -- the show is in a corner of my screen, often obscured by the work or other stuff I'm doing -- but yesterday's episode was kind of dull. And I usually think any ep with Chad and Abby in it is automatically a good one. 

I always enjoy Kate, so was glad to have  scene with her in it. (Eeeuwww, remember when they tried to push Kayla and Abe together romantically?) But otherwise, meh. 

I didn't even enjoy the Kayla and Justin scenes because of course she'll go back to Steve (where she belongs, in my opinion). They're both doing a good job, but again -- without the investment in their love story's buildup, I just don't feel anything about them as a couple. She and Patch are endgame. Case closed. 

Steve and Hope? Boring, too. Maybe I'm just in a bad mood : )

• Love 6

Guys, I can't believe I'm about to type this but...I actually cheered Abs on today.  She had compassion for Sarah and how she was Mickey's mother and now that's being taken from her and I also appreciated that Abs mentioned Kristen's stealing Theresa's baby right out of her womb--glad someone on the show finally brought that up.

But what is up with Chad and his "that was years ago" whenever Kristen's misdeeds are talked about but he holds onto dear life any wrongs done to his precious Abs.  He really is the perfect DiMera hypocrite.

I just want Gabi away from the Chabby but then again when she's out of their storyline, who or what will they have to talk about it?

• Love 12
23 minutes ago, kitmerlot1213 said:

I just want Gabi away from the Chabby but then again when she's out of their storyline, who or what will they have to talk about it?

... and will we even care? Heh. This is the Castle Dracula version of a tree falling in an empty forest.   

• LOL 4
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, kitmerlot1213 said:

Guys, I can't believe I'm about to type this but...I actually cheered Abs on today.  She had compassion for Sarah and how she was Mickey's mother and now that's being taken from her and I also appreciated that Abs mentioned Kristen's stealing Theresa's baby right out of her womb--glad someone on the show finally brought that up.

But what is up with Chad and his "that was years ago" whenever Kristen's misdeeds are talked about but he holds onto dear life any wrongs done to his precious Abs.  He really is the perfect DiMera hypocrite.

I came here to say the same thing!! I felt dirty agreeing with everything Abby said

I hate having no compassion for Kristen but I just don't. I want her to STFU. Was she really going to go and grab the baby from Sarah with no regard at all for how the BABY would react to being smothered by a hysterical stranger? Legally that child is Sarah's and in the real world there would be a process to make sure her interests are protected during any transition to new parents

• Love 10