Jump to content
Forums forums
PRIMETIMER
CatLady

Current Plots Discussion: Actually Today's Episode

Recommended Posts

My God, I think others have said better, but all of the stuff at the jail was beyond farce. 

I will give them a slight amount of credit that they had guards running in after Ciara when she busted in with Christian/Evan but it's beyond ridiculous that not only did she get in there with C/E while holding someone at gunpoint but that at no point C/E managed to get the drop on her. Not to mention this was already the second time Ciara just busted in there while a damn execution was in progress.

LOL at Rafe and others being so sure that C/E was done for just because he confessed in front of witnesses. Yeah, he confessed AT GUNPOINT. That confession would be tossed out like that if this show took place where logic lived.

Marlena weeping as if Ben was one of her children was so overkill.

Sonny's big smile as he told Will that Ben had been saved was nauseating.

I did have to laugh at so much of it. Ciara - "No, Ben. You can't die today." And I was thinking, so tomorrow, then? I'd definitely be good with that.

I howled at the sound effect they used for the needle supposedly going into Ben's heart. It's like they found the sound effect from some old cartoon of someone stepping on a tomato.

  • Like 8
  • Laugh 3

Share this post


Link to post

The shortest (and most easygoing) death row stint in history is over, as is the longest execution in history. Maybe now the writers can turn to other things, like having the truth about the baby swap come out. When Sarah learns her baby was killed by her own mother, it will be epic! Although I suppose there will likely be an annoyingly prolonged custody battle between Sarah and Kristen/Brady...

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post

I thought Ben was going to have a major vomit session/spew from the drugs in his system - all over poor Ciara.

Holding the dude at gunpoint to get a confession was a bit much. Yes, it saved her beloved but all criminals have rights too. The execution was just plain stupid.

I do understand Marlena's tears a bit - this was a man who suffered great abuse as a child, was probably tortured by his father, had significant mental health problems, did kill three people mainly because of them, sought help for his mental health issues while serving his time in jail, takes medication daily, and has become a changed man for the most part. Maybe his little visit to the execution chamber may further change him, maybe leave him a bit more broken, maybe see how he screwed up. Or not.

Nicole, you can put two and two together and see that Xander is up to no good. Eventually you will figure it out and have another secret. Baby and transplant doctor, run while you can.

So, where is Baby David? With Jordan, who like most Salemites, sort of, but only dies out of convenience and wakes up and goes to another city? Evan/Christian, you were trying to Houdini yourself out of the handcuffs.

Isn't it a bit early in the bone marrow transplant to see that it has worked?

  • Like 9

Share this post


Link to post
12 minutes ago, Frozendiva said:

I do understand Marlena's tears a bit - this was a man who suffered great abuse as a child, was probably tortured by his father, had significant mental health problems, did kill three people mainly because of them, sought help for his mental health issues while serving his time in jail, takes medication daily, and has become a changed man for the most part. Maybe his little visit to the execution chamber may further change him, maybe leave him a bit more broken, maybe see how he screwed up. Or not.

Nicely put. I've always liked Ben. He killed 4 people (originally).  That can't be forgotten or easily forgiven.  However unlike most of Salem he has shown remorse, received help and has continued to be committed to being a better person.  He also does not play the hypocrite role like so many people in this town.  Kristen, Kate, Nicole, Sami, Abigail, probably Julie (didn't realize it was mostly women) have done some horrible things but most of them act like they never had a devious past. 

 

12 minutes ago, Frozendiva said:

Nicole, you can put two and two together and see that Xander is up to no good. Eventually you will figure it out and have another secret. Baby and transplant doctor, run while you can.

 

And please God no.  Don't let Nicole walk down this road once again.  How many times can we play this record?  

  • Like 7

Share this post


Link to post
9 hours ago, howmanywords said:

Since Ben was redeemed after killing multiple people I guess we can expect to see Evan/Christian redeemed next. Whats one little killing??

 

Exactly.  And Evan/Christian said he didn't mean to do it, so he probably doesn't even need to shipped off to Bayview Mental Hospital.  

  • Like 2
  • Laugh 4

Share this post


Link to post

So a person can walk just into a max prison without being on an approved visit list and waving a gun around and not be taken out by any of the tons of guards at entry and some on towers with rifles and sniper scopes? All with the mere threat of shooting this nobody who’s on an APB & Amber Alert for stealing a police officers child? They’d either snuff Ciara or laugh like “go ahead then and shoot this piece of shit.” 

A confession coerced at gun point would never hold up in court. Especially demanded under duress from a random citizen. 

Nicole looked like she was ready for a mojito on South Beach not to hang out in a hospital waiting room. 

My work schedule/situation changed so now I catch it live in a break room and there’s non Americans there and they don’t judge but it comes across like I’m watching a kids show w the plot logic and dialogue that’s skewed rated R. I used to and like to watch at the gym. 

I’m not a CIN fan but throwing that aside, I don’t like the constant lines they each chant that they can’t live without each other, Ciara repeating there’s reason for living without Ben, them both saying nothing matters but each other, they are incapable of existing or being happy if not w each other. 

Does anyone ponder if the 3rd baby born that night is the one who actually died? I could see some possibly some fucked up game that the 3 babies were mixed up or swapped as gotcha moment or story telling “gold” twist that the 3rd fam has Rachel or Mickey. 

 

  • Like 8

Share this post


Link to post

10 hours ago, BuckeyeLou said:

Genius!  I am laughing so hard my stomach hurts 🙂   I know this is a crazy soap, but this past week, especially the Prison scenes, have me wondering what the Heck are the writers thinking?!

Ron probably looked at that garbage and was like, “Brilliant!  I smell Emmys!”

  • Laugh 7

Share this post


Link to post
11 hours ago, Barton88 said:

Still pondering how it could be Gabi who is the only bone marrow match.

And I'm more and more convinced Creepy somehow did forget to put on pants that morning. 

  • Like 1
  • Laugh 2

Share this post


Link to post
2 hours ago, superdeluxe said:

Ron probably looked at that garbage and was like, “Brilliant!  I smell Emmys!”

He's right on at least one count, since pretty much all of us smelled something too.  And the stink lingers......

  • Like 1
  • Laugh 4

Share this post


Link to post
4 hours ago, Petunia13 said:

A confession coerced at gun point would never hold up in court. Especially demanded under duress from a random citizen. 

… not to mention a citizen with a compelling personal interest in the outcome.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post

Back from a little vacation and Days drought, I'm a little overwhelmed by posts and episodes. I decided not to catch up, and just dove in this week on Tuesday, so most of it for me was about Ciara and Ben. Despite my feelings of ick about CIN, I thought Ciara did a nice job with her scenes, and it was the most I've liked the actress ever, I think. I could finally see a little of the old Ciara in her. (Though I also hate her manicure, lol.) 

BUT -- were they trying to make Ben look like the Savior himself on a cross? Are executions always so brutally drawn out? I think not, show. 

I won't ask too many questions, but do WE know where little David is? 

P.S. No soap star runins during my travels this time, although I did have a lovely conversation with Bill Mumy (Will Robinson!) about our granddaughters 🙂

 

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
12 minutes ago, Lastwaltz said:

P.S. No soap star runins during my travels this time, although I did have a lovely conversation with Bill Mumy (Will Robinson!) about our granddaughters 🙂

 

How utterly cool, Lastwaltz. Billy Mumy - my whole reason for watching Lost in Space as a kid was him, the robot and the evil doctor.  Danger, Will Robinson!  So your travels were good, I take it?  

No, we don't know where David is.  I wonder if the writers do?

  • Like 4
  • Laugh 2

Share this post


Link to post

25 minutes ago, Lastwaltz said:

BUT -- were they trying to make Ben look like the Savior himself on a cross?

If they were, they're not the first. As I understand it, the tables used for lethal injections really do have that cruciform shape. The movie Dead Man Walking drew this parallel, too -- and much more explicitly (and clumsily), at least in my memory.

David's probably off getting SORASed as we speak.

Edited by Sandman
  • Like 2
  • Laugh 1

Share this post


Link to post

I tried to watch this episode, but after the first two segments I turned the channel. Just embarrassing.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
2 hours ago, boes said:

How utterly cool, Lastwaltz. Billy Mumy - my whole reason for watching Lost in Space as a kid was him, the robot and the evil doctor.  Danger, Will Robinson!  So your travels were good, I take it?  

Glorious! I visit my sister and we spend the weekend immersed in music via a wonderful group of LA-area musicians called the Wild Honey Orchestra. Each year, they feature a different band or artist and create a tribute to them -- we go to rehearsals and then the performance, of course. This year, Bill Mumy played a song! Here's a picture -- I'm the oldest-looking woman with glasses -- the cute one next to Bill is my sister : )

image.png.59e110cbae1be23d2dc1e3ab0a570c86.png

Edited by Lastwaltz · Reason: Apologies to the mods for offtopic post
  • Like 7

Share this post


Link to post
2 hours ago, Lastwaltz said:

Glorious! I visit my sister and we spend the weekend immersed in music via a wonderful group of LA-area musicians called the Wild Honey Orchestra. Each year, they feature a different band or artist and create a tribute to them -- we go to rehearsals and then the performance, of course. This year, Bill Mumy played a song! Here's a picture -- I'm the oldest-looking woman with glasses -- the cute one next to Bill is my sister : )

image.png.59e110cbae1be23d2dc1e3ab0a570c86.png

Wow!  How fabulous!  And you don't look like the oldest woman, you look like a well-behaved groupie and I salute you for it!

It sounds like a terrific time.  How's your granddaughter?

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
9 minutes ago, boes said:

Wow!  How fabulous!  And you don't look like the oldest woman, you look like a well-behaved groupie and I salute you for it!

It sounds like a terrific time.  How's your granddaughter?

I love "well-behaved groupie" -- I'll wear that mantle well! I've always been, actually, lol. 

Oh, my Mackenzie is just a treasure, @boes -- she's given life a whole new meaning for us. They were all sick while I was away, so while my daughter could have used my help (my husband ably stepped in!), I was glad to miss that 🙂

Sorry, mods -- last off-topic post! 

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post

I laughed when Shawn said Princess Gina was going to wind up in a bucket on the operating room floor.

Is Shawn working for the Salem PD? He has no authority there.

Uh, an MRI isn't going to REMOVE the chip...

Did I miss a scene? What happened to John?  I assume he ran into Rolf.

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post

1 hour ago, Silver Raven said:

Did I miss a scene? What happened to John?  I assume he ran into Rolf.

I don't think they showed what happened. I also assume Rolf got to him. I don't understand why he'd just leave him laying outside the warehouse though lol.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
20 hours ago, Frozendiva said:

I do understand Marlena's tears a bit - this was a man who suffered great abuse as a child, was probably tortured by his father, had significant mental health problems, did kill three people mainly because of them, sought help for his mental health issues while serving his time in jail, takes medication daily, and has become a changed man for the most part. Maybe his little visit to the execution chamber may further change him, maybe leave him a bit more broken, maybe see how he screwed up. Or not.

 

This is why the Sami fans always hated Marlena back in the day, she shows affection to a man who killed her daughter's son, her grandson. This is when I enjoy Kate, she has no fucks to give and will forever hate and hurt those who come for her family. Marlena's tears for Ben just pissed me off. Marlena is disloyal. Even if she forgave Ben for what he did to Will and others that does not mean she has to form a relationship with Ben. A pastor once told me that forgiveness does not mean restoration. Just because you forgive somebody for hurting you does not mean you are obligated to have or continue to have a relationship with that person.. Forgiveness is about letting go of the pain and the anger for your own well-being.

Ben is a grown ass man, his mental illness and shitty childhood does not excuse the damage and the hurt he has done to other people who had nothing to do with his childhood trauma. What about Paige, Serena or the midwife? What about what Will went through and his daughter who had her life turned upside down because of Ben.  

  • Like 12

Share this post


Link to post
21 minutes ago, Pearson80 said:

This is why the Sami fans always hated Marlena back in the day, she shows affection to a man who killed her daughter's son, her grandson. This is when I enjoy Kate, she has no fucks to give and will forever hate and hurt those who come for her family. Marlena's tears for Ben just pissed me off. Marlena is disloyal. Even if she forgave Ben for what he did to Will and others that does not mean she has to form a relationship with Ben. A pastor once told me that forgiveness does not mean restoration. Just because you forgive somebody for hurting you does not mean you are obligated to have or continue to have a relationship with that person.. Forgiveness is about letting go of the pain and the anger for your own well-being.

Ben is a grown ass man, his mental illness and shitty childhood does not excuse the damage and the hurt he has done to other people who had nothing to do with his childhood trauma. What about Paige, Serena or the midwife? What about what Will went through and his daughter who had her life turned upside down because of Ben.  

Pearson80, If I could like this post a thousand times, I would.

Edited by boes
  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Quote

However unlike most of Salem he has shown remorse, received help

When has he shown remorse or taken responsibility? Blaming childhood abuse or his so called mental illness seems the opposite of those 2 things to me. Many people are abused and had terrible childhoods and never became killers. And what help has he received? A few therapy sessions with Marlena and falling in lurve with Ciara cured a serial killer? This show.

Quote

This is why the Sami fans always hated Marlena back in the day, she shows affection to a man who killed her daughter's son, her grandson. This is when I enjoy Kate, she has no fucks to give and will forever hate and hurt those who come for her family. Marlena's tears for Ben just pissed me off. Marlena is disloyal. Even if she forgave Ben for what he did to Will and others that does not mean she has to form a relationship with Ben. A pastor once told me that forgiveness does not mean restoration. Just because you forgive somebody for hurting you does not mean you are obligated to have or continue to have a relationship with that person.

Exactly.

I thought all of the execution stuff was beyond dumb and embarrassing for all involved. The dude who plays Ben is .... not good.

I'm so not looking forward to the baby switch stuff. Really not. It was bad enough that Kristen ... Kristen was having a go at Gabi but now she'll get a child? Just uggh.

Quote

Still pondering how it could be Gabi who is the only bone marrow match.

It seems a bit far fetched considering how intertwined everyone is in this town!

  • Like 7

Share this post


Link to post

The Salem PD has money to send someone (i.e. the Commissioner) for an MRI? Wonder if the chip will show up. A good doctor could probably find evidence of a scar on Hope's scalp or neck. I did laugh at Shawn's comment about Princess Gina ending up in a bucket.

Doc is all well again after a traumatizing dinner hour at the jail and now is gung-ho to go along with some stupid plan to rescue Kayla? Suuuuuure. And what is Plan B, C, D, E, etc.?

Is Stefano's ring brainwashing Chad? Jack said some nice things but Chad won't listen. And how convenient that Abs is staying behind for a few days to help JJ move in to an apartment.

Where is Kate going to live? Back in the luxury of the Salem Inn? She could probably rent her own house, really. Yeah, Roman, you have a thing for Hattie.

Enjoyed Jennifer and Gina going at each other's throats and Shawn breaking them apart.

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post

"A serial killer can NEVER make amends, because their victims can never be brought back(well, anywhere but Days) One can NEVER make amends for purposely murdering people. I also didn't see Ben so sick when he murdered them that he didn't know what he was doing. Yes, he had an abusive childhood, but he still knew what he was doing the whole time he calculated framing Chad and then murdering those poor victims. Did we see him find Wendy's family and apologize? Did we see him find Serena's family and apologize? Apologizing isn't amends either. He should still be in prison and they should have NEVER tried to rehab a serial killer character, especially to the point they have for this one. Making him romantic hero now, just because he happens to have chemistry with Ciara, NO! It's just wrong, and I'm sad to see a usual sensible character in Marlena being used to excuse Ben's actions. Also making Will and Ben besties now is sick!"

 

Exactly

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post

Key plots points from Wednesday:
- Ciara needs a hairbrush or Edward Scissorhands.
- The actress who played Haley Chen gets a residual! (Because her photo was used)
- Administering a paralytic and letting the individual experience it for an extended period is cruel.
- I think the warden only gave Ben a chance because Marlena threatened to go to the press.
- Evan MUST have left David with whomever he called.  There's going to be a mystery reveal, I'm sure of it (no spoilers, just forecasting).

Today (Thurs):
- I've pegged my Marlena quotient for the week.  It occurred to me that the stick up Eric's ass was genetically passed on from Marlena.
- Gina/Bucket OTP!
- What was Jennifer thinking? 
- John really chewed out Kate.  And Kate is right John, you are falling for Hattie. 
- *headdesk* WHY does Chad give a shit about Stefano?  

Credit where credit is due: Charlotte drown Chad's phone.  I accept this as a realistic reason why Abi has not spoken to Chad about Stefano. 

 

 

Edited by SueB
  • Like 7

Share this post


Link to post

Roman having a thing for Hattie makes him look even more pathetic. This is a new low for the character. So he might want her because she looks like Marlena?

This is even worse than when he brought that blonde floozy to Aiden's fundraising event . 

 

Share this post


Link to post

Ciara running around with a gun at a prison, and not a single guard stopped her? 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
8 hours ago, SueB said:

*headdesk* WHY does Chad give a shit about Stefano?  

Thank you. I truly don't get it.

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
12 hours ago, hypnotoad said:

It seems a bit far fetched considering how intertwined everyone is in this town!

Ha! Can you imagine?

Doctor Unseen: "Well, Sarah, it turns out that the perfect donor match for Mickey is pretty much everyone." 

Sarah: "I don't understand."

DU: "Turns out that every single person in Salem is related in some degree to everyone else. Sort of like the crowned heads of Europe in 1917, but [checks notes] … closer, and without the hemophilia."

Sarah: "What -- we're what?"

DU: "Yeah. Horton Square? Not really that square."

Edited to add: Shawn D better hope there's no metal in that chip, or Gina won't wind up in a bucket so much as his mother's head might end up all over the walls.

Edited by Sandman · Reason: BLAM.
  • Like 2
  • Laugh 7

Share this post


Link to post

Yesterday's show benefited from being Ciara free, and I think, though I'm no longer sure, we were also Kristen free, correct?  My attention drifted.....

Oh, I did enjoy Kate but then I always do.  I even enjoyed Hattie, though to a limited degree.  What I didn't enjoy was Stevano eating the scenery while - with that red tie and pocket square - looking like a member of the Christmas Chanticleers who'd been lost in a time warp.

Marlena's bugging me these days.  I'd be fine if Stevano took her off to parts unknown for a couple of weeks.  I can't get worked up with this Queen of the Night nonsense, since pretty much all of its participants should be in bed by 10.

One unexpected thing - I did like Princess Gina dialing up her ridiculousness level!  I'm not looking forward to Hope's reappearance.  Couldn't Show just let her walk around Salem demanding fealty like she's the Queen of Imperial Margarine?

 

Edited by boes
  • Like 2
  • Laugh 8

Share this post


Link to post

How is Stefano talking through the ring?

Were they going for a porn vibe with that pillow fight?

Yeah, Lani, I'm sure Theo will be overjoyed to have the guy who shot him there.

If Marlena is the love of Stefano's life, what would he do if she refused to go with him?  Shoot her?

Oh, come on, Kate, you went to the DeMansion specifically to beg for a room.

Poor Harold.

How does Kate know Chad hears Stefano's voice in his head?

 

  • Like 5
  • Laugh 1

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, Silver Raven said:

 

Were they going for a porn vibe with that pillow fight?

Poor Harold.

How does Kate know Chad hears Stefano's voice in his head?

 

That pillow fight 🤣.  I know it's television, but who has sex and then puts their underwear back on to sleep?

Shouldn't Harold be about 87 by now?  Why the hell are they still making him haul luggage around?  Are they seriously telling us he is the ONLY staff they have?

Kate knows Chad is hearing Stefano because he told her he was.

Now that my eyes have sort of returned to their proper place after all that rolling I feel like I can make a few comments on this week.

Apparently ANYONE (cop, guard, random person off the street) can walk in to the prison with a loaded gun.  And after that COMPLETELY believable confession (I know I'd NEVER lie and admit to killing someone if I was being held at gunpoint - who would?) we had that beautiful scene of Ciara bringing Ben back to life with simply the power of her love🤮.  (Did ANY of us REALLY believe Ben was going to die?)

And let's not forget Stevano's wonderful line "Come to me, my queen."  Yup, completely normal people talk like that ALL the time.  And Jawn, how stupid are you the think that Sefano would EVER work alone and not have someone keeping watch.  Not to mention we then had to have the struggle for the gun scene.  Seriously, did the writers have some sort of a bet going on the see who could slip in the most hackneyed/cliché scene or line of dialog?  How did any of them manage to keep a straight face through any of that?

Finally, if they are starting some sort of apology tour with Gabi they need to stop that shit immediately.  I do not need to hear how Gabi genuinely started to care for the wonderful Hortons - especially Julie.  Unrepentant bitch works just fine for me.

  • Like 9
  • Laugh 1

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, Silver Raven said:

 

Yeah, Lani, I'm sure Theo will be overjoyed to have the guy who shot him there.

 

 

Theo is rather forgiving and its not as if JJ did it for kicks or anything.. although I agree him having hardly any resentment is rather unrealistic(yes I'm aware he's autistic so he processes things differently) I hated that story in general.. I was hoping it would be forgotten tbh like so many other stories this show conveniently ignores.

Share this post


Link to post
45 minutes ago, DaphneCat said:

That pillow fight 🤣.  I know it's television, but who has sex and then puts their underwear back on to sleep?

Shouldn't Harold be about 87 by now?  Why the hell are they still making him haul luggage around?  Are they seriously telling us he is the ONLY staff they have?

Kate knows Chad is hearing Stefano because he told her he was.

Now that my eyes have sort of returned to their proper place after all that rolling I feel like I can make a few comments on this week.

Apparently ANYONE (cop, guard, random person off the street) can walk in to the prison with a loaded gun.  And after that COMPLETELY believable confession (I know I'd NEVER lie and admit to killing someone if I was being held at gunpoint - who would?) we had that beautiful scene of Ciara bringing Ben back to life with simply the power of her love🤮.  (Did ANY of us REALLY believe Ben was going to die?)

And let's not forget Stevano's wonderful line "Come to me, my queen."  Yup, completely normal people talk like that ALL the time.  And Jawn, how stupid are you the think that Sefano would EVER work alone and not have someone keeping watch.  Not to mention we then had to have the struggle for the gun scene.  Seriously, did the writers have some sort of a bet going on the see who could slip in the most hackneyed/cliché scene or line of dialog?  How did any of them manage to keep a straight face through any of that?

Finally, if they are starting some sort of apology tour with Gabi they need to stop that shit immediately.  I do not need to hear how Gabi genuinely started to care for the wonderful Hortons - especially Julie.  Unrepentant bitch works just fine for me.

Fab post, DaphneCat!  I agree, no apology tour for Gabi.  I'd be fine is she teepeed Julie's restaurant.  I'll buy her the toilet paper.  No apologies.

As for Harold, I bet that Rolf kidnapped Rory and implanted Harold's "essence" (which seems to mostly be carrying luggage and saying "Yes, Mr. Dimera) into his brain.  To be fair, Rory's brain did have a lot of empty space.

  • Like 3
  • Laugh 10

Share this post


Link to post
3 hours ago, DaphneCat said:

Finally, if they are starting some sort of apology tour with Gabi they need to stop that shit immediately.  I do not need to hear how Gabi genuinely started to care for the wonderful Hortons - especially Julie.  Unrepentant bitch works just fine for me.

Maybe AZ finally put her foot down and so the lazy writers have crossed out "Nicole" in the standard Apology Tour script and written in "Gabi."

I was tired of it with Nicole years and years ago and, I agree, they shouldn't start it with Gabi.

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post

Are we all on the edge of our seats??  Show ends with gas pouring in through a vent to kill John, Kayla and Justin, and just a few scenes earlier, Gabi was being subjected to the same as Julie attempted to gas her to death also.  Death by gasbag isn't a pretty fate, folks, not a pretty fate at all.

Cool it with the threats, Julie.  All Gabi would have to do to neutralize you would be to replace your Dentucreme with spackling paste and put some  jalapeño  powder in your Preparation H.  

This was such a Plan 9 From Outer Space episode, with Chad under Stevano's mind control -

giphy.gif

and Kate didn't find that more than a little strange?  I'm not too worried about Gabi.  Chad's moving kinda slow and his crotch is at fist level for her so things should be fine.  Hey, maybe that's where Chad's chip was implanted!  It would explain so much, starting with his inexplicable Abigail fixation......

Sorry, I drifted off a bit!

So Our Hero John wakes up with a boo boo on his head and he stumbles into the room where Kayla was being held captive and he lets the door slam behind him??  Good work there, Sherlock.  

Awww, wasn't that sweet, watching Lani and Eli destroy JJ's place with their lurve making?  It's a good thing he's staying in South Africa, that place is ruined now.  

 

Edited by boes
  • Like 6
  • Laugh 7

Share this post


Link to post

@boes, I too liked the gas theme today. Death by gasbag or gas.

Julie, you are fickle as can be. You adored Gabi five minutes ago and now you have been re-set to the Hapless Harpy. Eli too. Eli, you were going to marry Gabi and now you hate her with the white hot intensity of a thousand suns. Which means you may have liked her but oops, my old piece has come back and she still wants a semi loser like me, so why not.

The pillow fight was.... bad. Who is going to suck up all those feathers? Julie will come around and do it?

Julie, you are flipping faster than a dried up pancake on the griddle. You can be angry at Gabi but she will do something and you will like her again. You are very much a fair weather friend and you don't like being reminded of yourself by looking at Gabi. Perhaps it is time for a cruise.

Kate, do keep an eye on Chad. He was acting kinda weird and slow mentally. Abs does that? And take that creepy painting down. At least you have a nice place to stay.

Both John and Justin have possible concussions. John, in his white knight syndrome, didn't bother to put a chair or something at the door to keep it *open*?

Stevano, do you really think that your Queen of the Night actually wants you?

  • Like 5
  • Laugh 2

Share this post


Link to post

Ciara running around with a gun at a prison, and not a single guard stopped her? 

  • Like 3
  • Laugh 3

Share this post


Link to post

Stefano is in control of one body, and has 2 others possessed doing his budding as well. giphy.gif?cid=4d1e4f291601e510603bf24363

  • Laugh 7

Share this post


Link to post

HEre's an interesting (or not) question.  Honestly, I hope this doesn't give the writers any ideas, but I have to ask now that it's popped into my head.  If they're just loading Stefano's memories and personality in other people, could they make the whole town into Stefano?  How would Stefano react to Stefano?  Would they all war with each other trying to become the alpha Stefano?

  • Laugh 11
  • Surprise 2

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, Katy M said:

HEre's an interesting (or not) question.  Honestly, I hope this doesn't give the writers any ideas, but I have to ask now that it's popped into my head.  If they're just loading Stefano's memories and personality in other people, could they make the whole town into Stefano?  How would Stefano react to Stefano?  Would they all war with each other trying to become the alpha Stefano?

That's a fascinating concept!

So if they implanted "Essence O' Stefano" into Marlena, would she need to pursue herself?

Things could get very messy.....

  • Like 1
  • Laugh 7

Share this post


Link to post

OOH Could they have a chip that randomly switches personalities (but they are all connected so if one switches they all do - sort of like a faulty radio?)  One day they're Stefano, next thing you know, they're all Gina looking for the servants.  If they were serial killers would they start killing each other off?  Or if they all thought they were Abby would they go around smugly slapping each other?  This could be fun!

  • Like 1
  • Laugh 4

Share this post


Link to post

And the legal issues! 

Q: How many Stefano's to change a lightbulb?
A: None of them.  Harold will do it on his 97 year old spindly legs.

I have SUCH a weak spot for Kate.  I need her to save Chad this time.  Something to get his loyalty in full swing.  She's going to need it.  But she should wait until AFTER he bribes the DA (or whatever his plan is).

  

  • Like 4
  • Laugh 3

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, Frozendiva said:

Think of all the bad Italian accents and rolling of the Rs.

Miseria Madonna!

Julie's always been poisonously self-centred. It would only count as fickle if she cared about someone else in the first place.

  • Like 1
  • Laugh 4

Share this post


Link to post
Quote

So if they implanted "Essence O' Stefano" into Marlena, would she need to pursue herself?

Listen, I need an episode of this! Marlena pursuing herself and calling herself Queen of the Night? That would be amazing.

 

GroupHugYourself_1024x1024-e1475666595211.jpg

  • Like 1
  • Laugh 5

Share this post


Link to post

I wish I could find the humour in this guys, but all I can think is "what the hell is Ron smoking?"

It was one thing when they had Stefano and Marlena and the high melodrama back in the Phantom of the Opera-influenced 90s....but this shit?

In one corner, we have Marlena who never seems to take off a blazer for long enough to actually have sex with her own husband, being threatened with rape by Steve, who looks in good shape but is being controlled by a brain chip that makes him think he's 90-something year old dead guy Stefano?

That's double rape, with the chip forcing Steve to have sex unknowingly, and Steve forcing Marlena to have sex. Unless of course she gets a chip implanted in her head too, at which point it becomes triple rape. Can we officially list this as a worse storyline than the mime submarine sex? I wasn't watching back when that happened, but this is starting to feel at least as stomach-churning and absurd as that...

It's pretty clear that this is just faulty microchip stuff, because before Stefano became restricted to a wheelchair, he had that Asian girlfriend to play around with and she was decades younger than he was. So I think if the real Stefano was walking around in a body as studly and functional as Steve's presumably is, he would be trying to hook up with Gabi or someone in that age range...

And I'm kind of completely confused as to why Kate, the ex-wife he treated pretty terribly in his last years, would go along with helping him control Steve's body. Do we ever get a clear explanation as to what that was about? Did he just offer her a job at DiMera and that was it? Can't remember. I would think all Kate would have to do is run over to Rafe, her other ex who is probably physically stronger than Steve, and have him come and find Steve, knock him out and arrest him and take him into surgery...why stand by for months if people are being controlled by stupid brain chips?

A COMPUTER CHIP IN THE BRAIN IS NOT THE SAME AS HAVING THE ACTUAL SOUL OF THE DEAD PERSON INHABITING A BODY!

Seriously, a 10 year old can write better stories than this. It's just plotholes and embarrassing nonsense everywhere you look.

And now Eli is apparently in love with Lani again? Wow. I'm so convinced.

...I haven't been watching regularly for so long, and the 20 minutes I saw on Friday made it clear why.

And that horrendous voiceover...? WTH? Stephen N can hardly do a convincing Stefano accent. Why highlight that fact by having him tape voiceovers that are supposed to be playing in Chad's head?

This show's turning into something people probably want to scrub from their resume.

Edited by DisneyBoy
  • Like 8
  • Laugh 1

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, DisneyBoy said:

t's pretty clear that this is just faulty microchip stuff, because before Stefano became restricted to a wheelchair, he had that Asian girlfriend to play around with and she was decades younger than he was.

I too am confused by his obsession with Marlena, but for a different reason.  It was the scene in Italy.  This may have been when Kristen was pregnant with Tate.  Stefano was going to throw Marlena out of the tower to her death.  She, or someone, called Chad, and he talked Stefano (this was the real Stefano) out of killing her.  Chad made sure that Marlena was not killed, but Stefano wanted her dead.

So Stefano went from, I want to throw her onto the rocks below the cliff and be really, really dead.  To: she is the Queen of the Night that I desire so much I will do anything to have her.

angry adam sandler GIF

  • Like 4
  • Laugh 3

Share this post


Link to post
6 hours ago, bannana said:

So Stefano went from, I want to throw her onto the rocks below the cliff and be really, really dead.  To: she is the Queen of the Night that I desire so much I will do anything to have her.

angry adam sandler GIF

I straight-up guffawed at this lol!

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
9 hours ago, DisneyBoy said:

Can we officially list this as a worse storyline than the mime submarine sex?

Never saw this.  I could get "submarine sex', but how the hell is a mime involved? NO... don't tell me... just letting you know this sentence threw me for a loop.

 

  • Laugh 6

Share this post


Link to post
scarynikki12

Spoilers are not allowed in this thread. Period. Any posts that include spoilers (and casting information qualifies) will be removed. There are several other threads that allow spoilers so take that discussion to one of them.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...

Customize font-size