Type keyword(s) to search

Current Plots Discussion: Actually Today's Episode

Message added by scarynikki12

Spoilers are not allowed in this thread. Period. Any posts that include spoilers (and casting information qualifies) will be removed. There are several other threads that allow spoilers so take that discussion to one of them.

• Start Topic

49 minutes ago, CanaryFan98 said:

I wonder if some of the actors have pets of their own couldn't they use them instead? Or would they have to pay?

All animal actors must have an outsider official on set and trained handler. This is why on Y&R when MAB was head writer and kept writing in dogs for the core cast members in scenes she blew through a lot of money. IRL a large portion of people have dogs (well over half the people in my neighborhood/district have dogs) and cats but on soaps they’re never mentioned or shown. Rex and Sarah would def have a dog, hell Rex is a Golden Retriever with abs and a medical degree. I could see John and Marlena having a schnauzer or Porti and Ben w a big rescue dog in his bungalow. Gabi seems like she’d have a cat. Stefan would have a parrot to talk to or exotic fish. Brady would have a pet rock but it would run away since it’s smarter than him. 

• Useful 1
  • LOL 7
  • Love 4
13 hours ago, boes said:

Eric getting all pissy with Brady - who I don't care for - is pretty rich, considering how Mr. Mopey is lusting after his other brother's wife.  I'm ready for somebody to really give that whiney manbaby something to cry about.

I was less worried about Former Father Uncle Eric's pissing match with Brady -- because that's just the family hobby with those three brothers -- than I was appalled by Eric's repeated insistence on Nicole's utter incapacity to make her own decisions. I mean, c'mon, Mr. Man(Baby) -- Nicole, if she were real, would be grieving; that doesn't make her brain leak out of her head! (You boys have that corner covered.) Geez. I wanted the real Nicole to show up to slap him, just on principle. (Does someone on the writing staff just hate writing for Greg Vaughn, or what?)

I don't understand how Gabi is just giving Stefan No! a pass -- but then, I also don't understand her 1980s wedding hair.

I did like Sonny's joke about how no one in the Kiria-TARDIKIS ever gets a romantic night alone. Because, yeah -- it's not really a joke.

And I just assume that there's a lot of Rexy Rex's life that we don't see onscreen -- or that the reason he and Sarah seem unable to afford their own place is the cost of hiring plasterers every time Rex puts his head through the drywall. 

Bonehead Black is the pet rock of the Brady clan.

Edited by Sandman
Can't miss a chance to slag Brady, can I?
  • LOL 1
  • Love 4

Why is it up to Mister Shin to decide who will be CEO, instead of the entire board voting on the matter?

They admitted Tony is adopted.

Everything is falling perfectly into Gabi's hands.  Stefan is going to be shocked when he finds out just how she manipulated him.  I guess if he's willing to sign everything over to her, then even if she did sign the prenup (and I'm not sure she really did), it's moot now.

• Love 3

Did Gabi sign the paper work to have everything put in her name already, and I missed it?  

Kristin's threats of gun violence whenever someone pisses her off would be more threatening if she'd actually shot someone since she's been back.  I can't remember the last time she actually pulled the trigger, if ever.  

• Love 3

Rex, it's nice when someone marries you out of obligation and she can't have the person she thinks she wants. You are better off being single! And Sarah should be single for a couple of years to work through her stuff. Eric is not a better choice.

Well done Queen Gabi! I do wonder how long she will be lady of the mansion. She had better enjoy it and the wine cellar before she it out on the street again.

Nicole seemed very un-Nicole like with her rage and tantrum. I really thought she would pull off the Nicole mask and reveal herself to be Kristen. I doubt she would use a gun and actually shoot someone because 'Nicole' would be fingerprinted and the fingerprints would show her real identity.

Xander, please put on a shirt when you have guests. You are not lounging by the pool.

Hope, Ted is pretty slick and slippery.

Eric, maybe the Chinese food affected you. Yes, Nicole seems very different than her old self. She can marry anyone she want to, even if it is not you. Would you really want to live with that angry, volatile person?

• Love 2
13 hours ago, enchantingmonkey said:

Did Gabi sign the paper work to have everything put in her name already, and I missed it? 

I assumed it happened off screen.

8 hours ago, Frozendiva said:

I doubt she would use a gun and actually shoot someone because 'Nicole' would be fingerprinted and the fingerprints would show her real identity.

I'm sure the mask changes your fingerprints as well lol.

• LOL 5
  • Love 4
31 minutes ago, hielandfoodie said:

Didn't Gabi sign a prenup? Would that keep her from taking everything and tossing Stephan out?

Maybe it doesn't matter if Stefan signed over everything to her. 

• Love 4

I don’t get how that works either. He married her and had a tight prenup which she executed. Now Show says he signed over the deed to Dimera manor to her simply by being hitched. At best she’d have 50 % ownership and couldn’t throw him out. In fact in divorces sometimes spouses stay in the marriage homestead even if they want to leave since it shows if they want to argue for the property ownership later they weren’t confident it was theirs too or property abandonment or some shit. 

• Love 3
On ‎8‎/‎2‎/‎2019 at 9:15 AM, Sandman said:

I was less worried about Former Father Uncle Eric's pissing match with Brady -- because that's just the family hobby with those three brothers -- than I was appalled by Eric's repeated insistence on Nicole's utter incapacity to make her own decisions. I mean, c'mon, Mr. Man(Baby) -- Nicole, if she were real, would be grieving; that doesn't make her brain leak out of her head! (You boys have that corner covered.) Geez. I wanted the real Nicole to show up to slap him, just on principle. (Does someone on the writing staff just hate writing for Greg Vaughn, or what?)

I've been away and just caught up on DOOL.  I agree, when Eric kept shouting at Brady something like "You let her make her own decisions" I thought it was one of the worst (best?) examples that this show hates women.  Yes Eric, you are right.  Women should not be allowed to make their own decisions.

On ‎8‎/‎3‎/‎2019 at 12:01 AM, Frozendiva said:

Rex, it's nice when someone marries you out of obligation and she can't have the person she thinks she wants. You are better off being single! And Sarah should be single for a couple of years to work through her stuff. Eric is not a better choice.

FINALLY, I've hated this storyline since it started.  Were we really supposed to have seen Eric and Sarah as these star-crossed lovers fated to yearn for each other due to circumstances beyond their control?  The only reason they weren't together is because they are both idiots.

• Love 9

If shows are going to use real places then they should be realistic. The Krichole/Tony wedding couldn't have been legally binding in Chicago. Illinois has a 24 hour waiting period once you get your license. Both people have to be present to get the license and they both must have valid identification.

Salem has been said to be in Illinois as well. If that's the case then they're way off in their geography. The real Salem, IL is in Southern IL - about 1 hour East of St. Louis. It takes about 4 hours to drive to Chicago from there. 

There's also a New Salem in Illinois. Location wise, it's not much closer to Chicago than Salem. It's just West of Springfield, IL and it takes about 3 1/2 hours to get to Chicago.  Much of the town is old log cabins as it's a historical site, being Abraham Lincoln's first residence in Illinois when he was in his 20's. Definitely not space for a Horton Square or two billion dollar companies. 

All that is to say that when they use real locations but they make the story inconsistent to what could actually take place in that location it really takes me out of the story.

• Love 3
29 minutes ago, Lastwaltz said:

Whatever it was, it was too convoluted for me to follow. 

Same show that acted like hospitals don’t have surveillance cameras during Marlena’s poisoning by penicillin story a few months ago. Ron really writes at an 8th grade level. I’ve read Sweet Valley High and Babysitters Club plot points more thought out. 

I took umbrage at the Marlena story since I too am severely allergic to penicillin, also I’ve seen Mr Nightmare and Top5s videos that show even in less developed countries hospitals have surveillance cameras and security present, stop insulting us. 

@Your Aunt Tilly i always thought the show was meant to be on the north shore since it is supposed to be small town and hokey but still have uber rich people and some Corp headquarters and easy to bop to Chicago...like a Lake Forest or Kenilworth called “Salem” type place. 

• Love 4

I have no problem with the hospital having no cameras.  None of their computer files have back ups.  Anyone can change someone’s parentage.  No one knows how to make copies of a diary that contains ways to bring people back from the dead. they have  masks that transform your body and voice. 

• LOL 9
  • Love 1

Father Eric is noble, virtuous and principled.  He can do nothing wrong nor should he take any responsibility. It is always Sarah, Rex, Brady or somebody else's fault. His actions are well-intentioned. It's just unfortunate things tend to slip out of control.

And my response to that is, oh please, spare me the bullshit

On 8/4/2019 at 1:59 AM, DaphneCat said:

I thought it was one of the worst (best?) examples that this show hates women. 

And, not to climb on my usual hobbyhorse, or anything, characters like the so-called daughter of Stefano Dimera, currently masquerading as Nicole, do nothing to counter such a (reasonable) conclusion. 

Edited by Sandman
  • Love 1

I knew Xander was going to think that Sarah was coming running to him.

"I never saw you as a murderer."  Really, Tony?  Are you that stupid?

Why does everybody think it's so shocking when people come back from the dead?

I'm surprised that Stefan is refusing to believe that Gabi hates him.

I thought Tony was a good guy ...

Why did they do a flash forward?  What did that accomplish?

• Love 5
2 minutes ago, Silver Raven said:

Why does everybody think it's so shocking when people come back from the dead?

It'd be fun if somebody appeared more blasé about it, just once, instead of dumbfounded. I could see Kate pulling off a "What, this again?" eyeroll. 

• Love 5
On 8/4/2019 at 11:13 AM, Petunia13 said:

@Your Aunt Tilly i always thought the show was meant to be on the north shore since it is supposed to be small town and hokey but still have uber rich people and some Corp headquarters and easy to bop to Chicago...like a Lake Forest or Kenilworth called “Salem” type place. 

That makes sense. I just wish they hadn't used the name of an actual town in the same state where the show takes place - although they don't really acknowledge the state. Hey, maybe Salem is in Wisconsin or Indiana. Either way it could be close to Chicago that way.

• Love 2
1 hour ago, Silver Raven said:

"I never saw you as a murderer."  Really, Tony?  Are you that stupid?

I was astonished by that line. Just how fucking dumb lol.

Right! More stupid shit.

The best part of this ep was Gabi's, "Your heart's an idiot." So amazing. 

• LOL 5
  • Love 3

Did I miss something or have the writer's explained why Tony is doing this? Is it out of obligation for Kristen "saving" him? 

He hasn't seen Kristen in decades, and if we are going with the current timeline Andre was the one married to her in the 90's. So actual Tony should only remember her from when she was incredibly young . 

• Love 2
5 hours ago, Silver Raven said:

I thought Tony was a good guy ...

I always thought he was more gray than good but maybe seen as "good" in comparison to Andre and Stefano.  But maybe I'm mistaken and he's more good but I first saw him during a darker period that was potentially later explained as an Andre period. 

I know.  At first I thought they were just having Ted game out his options but I guess they were doing some sort of artsy thing but if they really wanted to be artsy, they'd do the flashforward, then flash to Ted making his decision, have the screen go black and we hear the gunshot.

Edited by Irlandesa
  • Love 2

This was a pretty decent episode today.

Rex read Eric for the hymn-singing hypocrite he is.  What a bag of blather Eric is.  He's always so .... earnest ... when he's putting on his pious act, wearing his tortured conscience face and speaking in that so sad, hushed and husky monotone.  But he's a lying sack of clam chowder.  

It was refreshing to see Rex in full control of the Salem brain for once, it was finally his turn.  I suppose Show will now make us sit through more months of Eric in anguish, talking to God, lashing out at everybody, making sure everyone knows how he's suffering cuz that's the saintly way.  We'll have to hear Marlena comfort her over-the-hill baby boy and it will be hands off to Sarah until Eric decides everyone around him has suffered enough.  He's awful.

Rex Rex Rexie, you may be a dawg but you've got a better heart than your sainted brother ever will.

It was either the lighting or something else, but Kristen looked less like Brady's idea of a sexy good time and more like

giphy.gif

Endora giving Darren a good scolding.

Gabi was perfection in just about every way.  She didn't miss a beat in telling Stefan O!, in excrutiating detail, exactly how she'd duped him - and to his credit, BB as Stefan O! was just as good in telling her she was full of crap.  That was some good soap IMO.

Oh yeah, poor Eric cut his thumb and apparently has no band-aids..... Suck it, Eric.  

Edited by boes
Speeling
  • LOL 3
  • Love 10
On 8/2/2019 at 6:00 PM, peachmangosteen said:

Gabi's 'pack your bags and get out of my house' was perfect. You're gonna love it, @TeeVee329!

Finally got a chance to watch and you weren't kidding.  I loved her glare at Stefano's portrait before she dropped the axe on Stefan O., all, "Check this out, old man."  I hope she's got the house long enough that she puts up a portrait of herself.

From the same episode, I also loved Sarah being all, "I told Rex I'm in love with someone else," Xander getting this goofy hopeful look on his face, and then her going, "Not you, idiot."  Hee!

• Love 8

Just a reminder that preview information is considered a spoiler.  If you saw the commercial, you know whether Andre/Tony or Ted or Kristin/Nicole or Eve (through the walls) is shot but that hasn't been revealed on the show yet.  It probably will within the first few minutes of tomorrow's show but for now, put any reference to it behind tags or just leave it out completely. 

This was their big cliffhanger y'all.  Let people who manage to avoid spoilers and previews remain in suspense, please. 😉

Thanks!  

• Love 2
6 hours ago, Silver Raven said:

Making use of the same footage twice in order to save a few bucks in the budget, same as the pointless in-the-same-episode flashbacks, I'd guess.

Edited by Sandman
  • Love 3

Eric needs to get over himself and his piety and his making promises to God or what he perceives as God. Sarah should have been honest, told Rex the truth, not married him out of obligation or him rushing her to do so, and Rex should have maybe gazed around for a bit and saw what was going on. And no, he should not have imposed himself and his bride in his brother's apartment. And Eric should have said no to them living there or taken a month's fishing vacation. Now he will complain to his shrink mother. And Sarah Horton will make her way through the men of Salem.

Boes, a lying sack of clam chowder would probably leak and smell bad. Eric does seem to have a pattern of either worshipping Nicole or pursuing relationships with his brother's significant other. Maybe Eric can move to Chicago for a while.

Gabi, well done! You will probably find out that you will be having Stefan's child at some point, so your plan may need to be adjusted for this unplanned and unexpected obstacle and the satisfaction that Stefan won't get throwing his kid out on to the street. Take some DiMera money, move it to offshore accounts, and make sure it is never found.

Where will Stefan go? Ben's gatehouse? The Salem Inn?

Kate you could just have been honest with Hope and tipped her off a bit.

Ted, you made a mistake in visiting Nicole. How nice for Nicole to deflate and show you who she really was. And now things make sense for you.

Xander, why do you want Sarah Horton? She likes Brady men. She will pine for Eric and that will last longer than a 6 month pine fragrance car thingie.

• Love 2

As glad as I am to see Eric get knocked down a peg or two I'm not sympathetic to Rex(or anyone else in this situation but viewers who were subjected to this terrible triangle for months when this airtime could've been used to flesh out these characters individually in separate storylines instead of one where there are no real stakes).

Same with Gabi/Stefan yes they have chem, gorgeous and at least unapologetically bad so they're watchable and on some level forced. I don't buy that they're in love or even like each other despite the energy the actors bring to their scenes. From a writing standpoint there's a bit of a letdown for me.

My fave relationship of Ted's hasn't been Kate or Hope but his budding bromance with Xander I would've gone for them being BFFs in some odd way.

I like the dynamic of Xarah but not the execution. The actors have chem and I like how he annoys her and he takes it in stride when she bites back. She is way better with him than being stuck in the Rex/Eric orbit. However they are rushing this and defanging Xander in the process. Let them be a tease and not have Xander actually get the girl. That would be disastrous.

• Love 2

Lauren Koslow / Kate looked amazing today. Her dress was perfectly fitted and summer appropriate, yet refined. Body, hair and makeup were on point. This woman is 66 years old y’all. 😩 

• Love 8
3 hours ago, CanaryFan98 said:

As glad as I am to see Eric get knocked down a peg or two I'm not sympathetic to Rex(or anyone else in this situation but viewers who were subjected to this terrible triangle for months when this airtime could've been used to flesh out these characters individually in separate storylines instead of one where there are no real stakes)

It was good to see that, and I also have little sympathy for anyone in this triangle, although Rex has at least been palatable. Your point about there being no real stakes is however the most frustrating thing for me. I’ve seen virtually zero fan interest in these pairings pretty much from the get go, so there’s no damn payoff for anyone. I get with an ensemble cast that I’m not going to like every story or coupling. But when I see lots of discussion and enthusiasm for stories or couples I may not be into, I’m still glad because for better or worse I’m a Days fan, and popular stories and couples keep this show afloat. To have been subjected to this triangle and then not see any real enthusiasm for either pairing - well that does my head in. Another reason the 54 year ahead taping schedule sucks.

Edited by BoldDays
  • Love 8

Kate did give Hope a clue. She said she said A  Dimera. She did not say Stephen and did not answer Hope when she asked Stephen ?   Too bad Hope didn’t get it.  Eli would have. 

I never saw a commercial at the end of the show.  Are they starting to do that again?

• Love 2
1 hour ago, tribeca said:

I never saw a commercial at the end of the show.  Are they starting to do that again?

No. They just put out the weekly promo on the site/youtube shortly after the Friday episode airs.

I forgot my other fave part of yesterday's ep: Gabi not even flinching when Stefan came at her. I love her so much!

• Love 5
2 minutes ago, QueenSerena said:

Stefan: Walks in on a murder victim.

Also Stefan: "You know what this place just doesn't have enough of? My DNA! Oooh, there's a gun, let me get a hold of that bad boy too!"

Me: 🙄🤦‍♀️

Yes, he definitely is not using the Salem brain this week!  How long do we have to put up with this whole Kricole crap?  I was over it a LONG time ago.  The ONLY redeeming thing I heard is that there is no more of the serum.  I'm definitely over the whole Dead-B-Gone plot.

• Love 5

You mean that there's no more of Doctor Rolf's Amazing Death-B-Gone Serum* (patent pending) for now -- until the writers decide there was a hidden cache of it somewhere on the grounds of Castle Dracula (around the same time, presumably, that they rediscover that Horton Square is, in fact, outdoors).

*"Doctor Rolf's Amazing Death-B-Gone: You, too, can get rid of that annoying case of mortality overnight!"

• LOL 8
  • Love 4

OMG, they reran the flash forward!

I love how blase Tony is: Just inject Ted  with the serum and bring him back.

Kristen did all that heavy lifting by herself?

I'm sure the brilliant Salem PD will never figure out that there is no blood pool under Ted's body, meaning he didn't die there.

Well, Stefan is an idiot.

• Love 14

I liked the idea of calling up housekeeping to take care of the mess.

Sure, bringing him back from the dead will work.  Better yet to just plant the body somewhere. Any good forensics folks will see the splatter and the blood and know the body was planted there. And with a special light, they will find the blood in Nickristen's room. Tiny Kristen lugging that trunk was funny. The deadweight of Ted would be quite heavy. Hopefully it had wheels.

New Commissioner Eli has a rough first day.

Stefan, you may have done the right thing by looking for an intruder at Ted's place, but you left a lot of forensic evidence in doing so. Circumstantial yes, but it can be a conviction for you. Until the police find no gunshot residue on you.

Gabi, enjoy being ruthless for a while. You know it probably won't last forever - always a new or formerly deceased DiMera crawling out of the tunnels.

Hope, keep the $100 bill. Wonder if she will actually see Kristen or if Kristen will slap her mask back on within a few seconds. Such a waste of a nice diamond necklace. At least take the diamonds out and get them re-set in to something. If they are not marked or anything/have a serial number.

• Love 2
4 hours ago, peachmangosteen said:

Gabi continues to delight. Brady seemed smitten with her a few times.

I was digging them.  I also like Gabi and Stefan.  I guess I just like Gabi which means she'll probably end up with some drip of a boyfriend instead of continuing with one of those two.

Guys, I'm feeling kind of bad for what I'm about to say but DOOL these past few episodes DOOL has been kind of acting like...a real soap opera? And I'm kind of liking it. 

I mean, it feels like they're legit building up an old fashioned umbrella arc.  It's low budget as heck but I have to give props as more and more characters are slowly being pulled into it.  Right now we have Kate, Ted, Gabi, Stefan, Tony and Nicole/Kristin.  (BTW, I also loved Tony's plea to bring Ted back to life.)

Stefan is going to be embroiled further in this given some not so smart moves upon finding Ted's body.  Hope's relationship with Ted will bring her into it.  At first I was surprised when Jack invited Eli to go talk to Ted now they're both in it.

I know it won't last long.  Ron is capable of doing this every now and then but he's rarely capable of sustaining it.

• Love 9
21 hours ago, BoldDays said:

It was good to see that, and I also have little sympathy for anyone in this triangle, although Rex has at least been palatable. Your point about there being no real stakes is however the most frustrating thing for me. I’ve seen virtually zero fan interest in these pairings pretty much from the get go, so there’s no damn payoff for anyone. I get with an ensemble cast that I’m not going to like every story or coupling. But when I see lots of discussion and enthusiasm for stories or couples I may not be into, I’m still glad because for better or worse I’m a Days fan, and popular stories and couples keep this show afloat. To have been subjected to this triangle and then not see any real enthusiasm for either pairing - well that does my head in. Another reason the 54 year ahead taping schedule sucks.

I don't think there are ANY stakes in anything on this show all across the board. They've made death inconsequential along with committing murder(or atttempted murder) and rape. 

You have a serial killer amongst the citizens of Salem and its treated as an afterthought. 

Couples are thrown together and we're told they're in love but we didn't see the journey to how they got to that point.

List goes on.  I just watch to snark at this point.

• Love 3

I like what they're doing with Tony as a nagging voice of reason/conscience for Kristin.  But having him kill Ted?  It could be fun if Tony's guilt threatens to unravel Kristin's evil plan but it seems more likely the show will treat it as an inconvenient plot point.  So far, I'm enjoying Thaao P and Stacy H as scene partners more than Thaao and Arianne Z. 

I was so hoping they weren't going to have Stefan be stupid enough to pick up the gun but they had to go there.  

The actor who plays Ted was having trouble holding his breath when the camera did its close up.   

There's at least one someone who knows how to do hair and makeup behind the scenes, because Gabi looked great the past couple days.  It's too bad they can't do the same thing for some of the other actresses more often.  

• Love 5
5 hours ago, Irlandesa said:

I was digging them.  I also like Gabi and Stefan.  I guess I just like Gabi which means she'll probably end up with some drip of a boyfriend instead of continuing with one of those two.

<snip>

She sure has come a long way since her relationship with JJ. I used to really like them, but now I can’t even imagine them back together. It’s like she has grown up and he is still just barely out of his teens. 

• Love 5
3 hours ago, YupItsMe said:

She sure has come a long way since her relationship with JJ. I used to really like them, but now I can’t even imagine them back together. It’s like she has grown up and he is still just barely out of his teens. 

That's a good point. It seems like Gabi (CB) has moved in to the mature storyline(s) whereas JJ (CM) is more in to the teen storyline(s) with Haley.

• Love 3

Brady and Gabby had a lot of chemistry in their scene.   Much more than Brady Nicole.   

Stephen doesn’t seem like a scary gangster.  He was really stupid picking up that gun.  interested in how Gabby will react to the news.  

I just wanted to be the next day so Hope can change her top.  That blouse is so ugly.  

• Love 6