Type keyword(s) to search

Current Plots Discussion: Actually Today's Episode

Message added by scarynikki12

Spoilers are not allowed in this thread. Period. Any posts that include spoilers (and casting information qualifies) will be removed. There are several other threads that allow spoilers so take that discussion to one of them.

• Start Topic

2 hours ago, boes said:

According to its instagram account, The Salem brain has a week off and is spending it on the Melaswen beach.

giphy.gif

"Having a wonderful time!"

😂 It's a really good thing the scenes between Susan, WilSon and Brady made me laugh so much because GOOD LORD I can't believe how dumb the guys were all supposed to be. Sonny wanted to be a lawyer years ago, Will knows every last scheme in the book thanks to his parents, so there's no way they're this stupid. And Brady, well.........two out of three ain't bad because bless Brady's (newish) heart since he's just dumber than a bag of hammers.

• LOL 4
  • Love 4

Boes, who knew that the Salem brain looked squishy and like strawberry ice cream?

Too much Susan - the doublemint twins.

How dumb are Sonny, Will, and Brady? Will has seen it all with his scheming mother. No one dared asked Susan about her having been there just a half hour ago? She seemed surprised to have a gun given to her? Hello red flags.

As if Kate needs Boost or Ensure or whatever was in that package. Sarah Horton, you do house calls?

Surely you and Rex can call a realtor to find a place for you - they can find nice condos for rent or sale and you would view a few of them and make a decision.

Kristen, it really isn't so bad being Susan for a while. At least you can leave the house.

• Love 5
(edited)
On 7/20/2019 at 6:49 PM, Sandman said:

The whole conception of the character, from the teeth outward (because you know they started from "Hey, let's give her some big ol' buck teeth!") is stupid. Susan and her worthless doppelgänger should have been jettisoned years ago. 

Plus there are plenty of comedic characters they could bring back from the past like Eugene Bradford and Calliope Jones -Bradford. 

On 7/20/2019 at 6:49 PM, Sandman said:
Edited by Rafael
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, peachmangosteen said:

My tivo wouldn't let me watch yesterday's ep but judging by the (lack of) comments I assume I didn't miss much.

You have a wise, a very wise, Tivo.  Feed it something nice.

There was very little other than Kate hitting Sarah over the head with an ice bucket, which was fun.  Otherwise, a lot of oversized teeth, Eric actually cracking a smile, Kate being unpleasant which I found more tiring than I usually do and Lani running over Rafe in a clown car.

I made that last bit up, but it sounds good!

• LOL 9
1 hour ago, boes said:

... and Lani running over Rafe in a clown car.

Come on, now; violence is wrong and just because it's Shut Up! Ra -- heeheehee!

You know what? I know I'm not supposed to like this idea, but I sort of do.

I will give Stacy Haiduk credit: she can distinguish, at least to some degree, between Real Susan Banks' flaky but genuinely sweet nature, and the sprawling, crazy idiocy that Fake Susan Banks seems to think necessary. I wonder how long it will take the boys to figure it out. I'm going to go out on an limb and say "Too damn long." 

• LOL 4
  • Love 6
(edited)

I did like the Kate/Stefan scenes, especially their mentioning how much they hate each other and Stefan's right that they could team up to stop Nicole--of course it's never as simple as that.

I have a question about Susan though--her sister is Mary Moira and not Kristen right?  It's just a coincidence that Susan looks like her?

And I don't know what is more amusing:  Lani trying to act like an intelligent and tough cop or Sarah's sad panda face whenever she's alone with Eric, which happens a lot,

Edited by kitmerlot1213
  • Love 4
15 minutes ago, kitmerlot1213 said:

I have a question about Susan though--her sister is Mary Moira and not Kristen right?  It's just a coincidence that Susan looks like her?

Yes, Sister Mary Moira is Susan's sister and it's just a coincidence that she and Kristen look alike. Here's a fab pic of Mary Moira from back in the day:

Sister-Mary-Moira-e1350603240506-1.jpg

😂

There was this whole thing in the 90s about Stefano bringing Susan to town because she looked so much like Kristen and was able to have children. This is how EJ arrived. But Susan and Kristen have traded off masquerading as each other over the years, since they are so similar in appearance. I was actually just looking around for a video of Mary Moira, because I couldn't remember for sure whether she had an accent. So, just for fun, here's the last actual appearance of Sister Mary Moira, as played by Eileen, on Days (November 2017):

• LOL 3
1 hour ago, Silver Raven said:

Stacey is killing it in the dual role.

She really is. The subtle differences are perfect.

My tivo is basically dead so I couldn't watch all of today's ep. I got bits and pieces. I enjoyed the hell outta that Brady/Susan/Maggie scene.

• Love 8
14 hours ago, Rafael said:

Plus there are plenty of comedic characters they could bring back from the past like Eugene Bradford and Calliope Jones -Bradford. 

Calliope has made a couple of appearances she helped plan Marlena's wedding to Alex North and Shawn/Mimi's wedding.

She also was hired by Rafe to collect evidence against Anna for Sydnapping.

• Love 3
(edited)

Were you all on the edge of your seats like I was today?  I mean, THOSE SCENES with Sarah and Eric, the halting, furtive glances from her, the sad cow eyes from him, the stumbling declarations of LUB - again - and we were blessed with more scenes of those two than usual, lucky us.  Usually we only get 4 of the EXACT SAME THING but today Show upped the ante by giving us 5.  And to add to this utterly engrossing, gripping, edge-of-your-seat storytelling, we had another couple of scenes of Rex acting like such a dimwitted bonehead he makes Brady look smart.

How many months now, how many scenes of this unrequited love have we had to sit through?  I swear it feels like years, and not good years.  Poor Sarah stumbling over her tongue, poor Rex stumbling over his brain and poor Eric stumbling over his boner - he should be so lucky.

At the rate Show is going, Eric and Sarah should finally get together about the same time they join AARP.  

I still like Rex, though.  He may be an idiot but he's a NICE idiot.  

Speaking of idiots, the briefcase belongs to Xander so WTF with Brady not letting him have it.  Sometimes I want someone to punch Brady just because he's so imminently punchable and sometimes, like today, he deserves it.

Bye Susan, Bye Kristen-as-Nicole-pretending-to-be-Susan-pretending-to-be-Sister-Mary-Moira, don't come back anytime soon!

Stefan O.! may not be much of a character but I sure do enjoy every second of Brandon Barash.

Edited by boes
  • LOL 11
  • Love 5

Too much Susan, or Kristen pretending to be Susan or Mary Moira or whomever. I am sure Stacy Haiduk is enjoying the character but a little goes a long way. How odd that two Susans came to town the same day. Susan was right that it was mean mean mean Kristen, though.

Brady, the case belongs to Xander. He did not offer a reward for its return.

Rex, you are a nice guy and surely you can see the longing between your wife and brother. And oh yes, it is more than time that you found your own place. Two rich doctors probably free loading off the doctor's brother who works at a community centre.

Eventually Lani or Eli will rescue the vacationing Salem Brain and figure out that Kristen and not Stefan is behind it. Kate, you can tell the cops that your children are being threatened by the presumed dead DiMera, until the next dead DiMera resurfaces.

• Love 2
2 hours ago, boes said:

Were you all on the edge of your seats like I was today?  I mean, THOSE SCENES with Sarah and Eric, the halting, furtive glances from her, the sad cow eyes from him, the stumbling declarations of LUB - again - and we were blessed with more scenes of those two than usual, lucky us.  Usually we only get 4 of the EXACT SAME THING but today Show upped the ante by giving us 5.  And to add to this utterly engrossing, gripping, edge-of-your-seat storytelling, we had another couple of scenes of Rex acting like such a dimwitted bonehead he makes Brady look smart.

How many months now, how many scenes of this unrequited love have we had to sit through?  I swear it feels like years, and not good years.  Poor Sarah stumbling over her tongue, poor Rex stumbling over his brain and poor Eric stumbling over his boner - he should be so lucky.

At the rate Show is going, Eric and Sarah should finally get together about the same time they join AARP.  

I still like Rex, though.  He may be an idiot but he's a NICE idiot.  

Speaking of idiots, the briefcase belongs to Xander so WTF with Brady not letting him have it.  Sometimes I want someone to punch Brady just because he's so imminently punchable and sometimes, like today, he deserves it.

Bye Susan, Bye Kristen-as-Nicole-pretending-to-be-Susan-pretending-to-be-Sister-Mary-Moira, don't come back anytime soon!

Stefan O.! may not be much of a character but I sure do enjoy every second of Brandon Barash.

I agree, Brandon seems like a decent guy, but boy did they botch up this character. He just doesn't seem revelant. I'm hoping Vivian's return will change that.

• Love 3

It was a tad obvious today that they have the actress who plays Kristen/Susan for specific days of work and they leverage the hell out of it.  Now she'll be off camera for a while. Not that this is bad.

I like that Stefan almost convinced Kate.  

I want to help Rex and Sarah pack.

Eric was remarkably light-hearted for much of the epsiode.  I like a laughing Eric. 

• Love 2

Days was on on the West Coast.

Rex asked Eric why Sarah is so eager to move out of his place. Rex thinks it's because Sarah realized that their rubbing their newlywed bliss in Eric's face was bad. Rex and Eric are carrying out moving boxes which are obviously empty.  Rex tells Eric he's going to leave the photo of the three of them there.

Doctor Shah told Jennifer he didn't think it was a good idea to have dinner since she hasn't spoken to him since New Year's Eve (which was when Jack showed up). Jennifer apologizes to him for the way she treated him, and for asking him out again out of the blue.  She says she likes him. He says that the only reason she's asking him out is because something must have happened. He thinks he's just a consolation prize because Jennifer can't have Jack. He says both times they went out, they ended quickly because she couldn't be with Jack. She says she understands, but when she made a decision to move on, he was the only person she wanted to see.  He agrees to go out with her, but he looks doubtful.

Jack tells Eve he was worried because she was missing all night and wasn't replying to his calls.  Eve said she was in her office thinking about his decision to take the serum. Jack told her that if he takes the serum, his love for her would be as strong as it is now.  Eve told him she was there to apologize to him. She said that she is going to support him no matter what he decides to do. She said that she has her memories of Paige, and if she lost them, she would do everything she could to get them back, so she understands why Jack wants to get his memories of his children back. Jack shows her that he has the serum. Eve says that if anybody finds out that Jack is using non-FDA approved drugs, he can be in trouble.  He says the lab is untraceable. Jack has notes for self-injection.  Eve objects, wants him to have a doctor do it.  He says he can't get anybody else involved.  Eve says she'll do it. She injects him with the serum.  This occurred at the time that I was away, so I'm not sure if she gave him the real serum. Jack doesn't want to sit around and wait for the serum to take effect, so he decides to go to the office to do some work. They kiss passionately.

Haley had a dream that Claire was trying to kill her for sleeping with Tripp.  She tried to tell Claire that she was with JJ, but she turned to wake up the guy next to her and it was Tripp. When she started screaming, Tripp came running in (shirtless).  JJ had to leave early for work and didn't tell her he was going. Haley told Tripp about the dream and he hugged her. Tripp offered to make breakfast. He brags about his omelettes, saying he makes them from farm fresh eggs. Claire stabs Tripp in the back.  Haley is still dreaming, even though she's standing there, and not in bed.  She screams again and Tripp grabs her to keep her from falling,  He thinks she has PTSD. Haley tells Tripp not to tell JJ, she doesn't want him worrying about her. Tripp thinks she should talk to somebody, she says after her suicide attempt, it would jeopardize her job and her chances of getting a green card.

JJ ran into Jennifer at the hospital just as Doctor Shah turned her down and she lied to him that she was there to see him.  They talked about "Dad and his disgusting wife". They just recap Jack and Eve and the serum. Jennifer said she has stopped fighting for Jack.

Rex and Sarah are moving into the Kiriakis mansion.  Xander wonders why they wanted to move out of Eric's place. He told Sarah that it looks bad for newlyweds to move into a house full of other people, especially when her mother hates her husband. Sarah starts yelling at Xander for kidnapping Kate and Ted.  He says, "It was all her idea," and Sarah asks, "Who's her?" "Did I say her?  I meant, his, Stefan's. Meanwhile, I had my own plan to take Stefan down.  I was sneaking them food." Xander says he just wanted the respect of his family, and he should have it now that he took down DiMera., Sarah says he just made himself look bad in everybody's eyes, including hers.  He looks gobsmacked. He says he would never have let Kate and Ted die. Rex attacked Xander, I missed why.  Eric held him back. Sarah tells Eric that she asked Xander to move out, and he got angry, and that's why he said something to Rex to make him attack him.

(I had a phone call, so I missed about five minutes)

And then, ten minutes before Show ended, NBC went to Special Report to talk about Trump's comments on Mueller.

• Useful 1
  • Love 7
(edited)

Damn, for a minute there, the way Haley was flailing around I thought she had a bat nesting in her hair.  Does the actor thinks she gets paid more for overacting, because if that's the case, she's the million dollar woman.  And shouldn't the bestest nurse in the whole wide world be seeking treatment for her panic attacks rather than putting her patients in danger by not getting help?  Good idea, too, to keep JJ in the dark because he'll NEVER notice a THING when the woman he's sleeping next to wakes up screaming and waving her arms around and over-emoting enough for two?

Dr. Tripp is ON THE CASE, diagnosing PTSD.  I need to remember the next time I have a medical issue to ask my waiter what he or she thinks, only the best medical care will do!

Maybe what made Haley flip out was stress from Claire, or maybe, just maybe, it was those "farm fresh eggs" Tripp is so thrilled about.  Might be something in the chicken feed.......

I guess Show thought we might forget about Sarah and Eric having the hot sadz for each other, since we only saw them pining for each other on Monday, Tuesday, and every day of the previous weeks and months and, it feels like, years and decades, so we got a couple more scenes tossed in today just for good measure.  Ohthedrama.

Jack, you need to get your memory back if for no other reason than to stop being such an easy mark for Eve.

Dr. Shah, you need to have your head examined.  

But whatever any of you do, do NOT eat any of Tripp's "farm fresh eggs" if you know what's good for you.

Edited by boes
Speeling
  • LOL 8
  • Love 4
23 hours ago, Frozendiva said:

Two rich doctors probably free loading off the doctor's brother who works at a community centre.

LOL I know right.

I miss Eileen because I grew up watching her, but Stacy is doing a great job. I'm enjoying her a lot as Susan.

• Love 6

So, Rex and Sarah just move in to another relative's home to freeload some more. This home is better in that it is much more luxurious, they probably have a walk-in closet, and servants! Seriously, are they not ashamed of themselves for not being able to get their own place? Call a realtor who specializes in rentals. They could have had a place for August 1. Eric should be happy to get the long term moochers out of his house and get his life back.

Dr. Shah, do not get involved with Jennifer Horton. You know that it won't lead to anything and she will just dump you for Jack again. Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice (or more), shame on me.

Poor Xander, hoping that the good Sarah Horton has moved in to the mansion for him. It does suck that he gave Eve a fake serum. Eve, let Jack take the real one and see where the chips fall.

Haley's histrionics and gesticulating have returned. Yeah, it's a good idea to not seek help from your own doctor about your PTSD or nightmares or whatever. I get nightmares too. Give it a few weeks, maybe get a healer to smudge the loft to get rid of the bad energies. Instead Tripp the hero makes you farm fresh eggs and then goes to Dr. Shah to get some pills for himself, er, you. Maybe the hospital drug tests its staff and you will get found out.

• Love 4

In real life, Sarah and Rex could more than afford their own place, maybe even a nice house since both are doctors. But in the land of Zero Budget that is this show, I get why they mooch. No money for new sets, and all.

They can always live in the indoor/outdoor (depending on what it is when the mood strikes!) Horton Square since Sarah is a Horton!

• LOL 3
  • Love 3
(edited)

I get budget is a consideration but we’ve recently had the return of the Hernandez kitchen and the introduction of Ben’s tiny place so I figure it’s more storyline driven.

I for one am grateful they didn’t get their own place. Rex/Sarah alone scenes would be a snooze fest - what on earth would she do with no Eric to moon over? 🙄 (Seriously does anyone ship Sarah and Eric though? Why must they continue to get so damn much screen time?) Living at the K Mansion keeps them in Xander’s orbit which is ok as IMO only he and/or Maggie make Sarah slightly tolerable.  

The only thing that makes Haley tolerable for me is the fast forward button. 

Edited by BoldDays
  • LOL 3
  • Love 1

So true. Justin, Adrianne, Sonny, Will, Ari, Xander, Brady, Maggie, Victor, the live-in staff, and now Rex and Sarah all live there. And yet somehow all we ever see is the foyer and living room and the occasional extra bedroom.

So I missed the "Susan"/Susan Park Showdown, and now I'm wondering if the real Susan is still in town or her visit was short-lived? She just showed up at the Kiriakis Mansion saying she was there to visit but none of the spoilers mention her now. So is she still there or did she leave already?

• Love 3
11 minutes ago, DisneyBoy said:

So I missed the "Susan"/Susan Park Showdown, and now I'm wondering if the real Susan is still in town or her visit was short-lived? She just showed up at the Kiriakis Mansion saying she was there to visit but none of the spoilers mention her now. So is she still there or did she leave already?

I think it was Monday or Tuesday's ep she had her final scene with Maggie/Brady and told them she was going back home to Roger.

• Love 1
15 hours ago, boes said:

And shouldn't the bestest nurse in the whole wide world be seeking treatment for her panic attacks rather than putting her patients in danger by not getting help?  Good idea, too, to keep JJ in the dark because he'll NEVER notice a THING when the woman he's sleeping next to wakes up screaming and waving her arms around and over-emoting enough for two?

Yes, I'm amazed that the Best Nurse to ever Walk the Halls of Salem's University Hospital would need PTSD explained to her--shouldn't she be able to heal herself with her superb nursing skills? 

Does Jennifer realize how sad and pathetic she looks trying to make Jack jealous with Dr. Shah?  

I'm still enchanted by Gabi and Stefan and they looked like they were in matching outfits today.

• LOL 1
  • Love 2
(edited)

Has Camilla lost weight? I can't tell because her outfits are so damn tight, but I hope she's not dieting or anything. She's got a wonderful curvy body and I'd like to see her keep it.

Today's episode was pretty boring, in large part because I just can't stand Jennifer or Jack anymore. I know some of you like that she has her so-called "spunk" back, but all I see is the Horton Harpy arguing with people some more and acting like she's smarter than they are. He said he didn't want you, so move on. And not with the doctor whose emotions you've already screwed with a couple of times. I hope Shaw's deliberately standing her up on this so-called date so that she can sit there for two hours while Julie watches from the corner. Seeing them both slowly realize that Jennifer isn't in-demand and watching their egos crumble a little bit would be really nice. What the hell is Jennifer even wearing on this date? She looks like some Italian woman going to a church service. What's with the shawl? It's interesting to me how so many of the women on the show are forced to wear these really tight solid color outfits, but then Jennifer strolls up in this multi colored number with extra fabric to cover her up wherever she pleases. But maybe I'm just nitpicking. I really hate her.

And Matthew Ashford just doesn't look good anymore. I'm sorry to say it because I'm not that cruel a person in the real world, but on soaps you have to have really good looks or acting talent OR usually some mixture of both. Even though they're not giving him clown-like material, he still reads as clownish or buffoonish to me. His mouth is often hanging open and he just has a weird face, especially now that he's older. In short, I don't like looking at him and the performance isn't giving me anything either. I think it was a huge mistake to bring him back. And what's the point of constantly building up the Horton family when they are the most boring group of people on the canvas. They always have to be the heroes so any time you have them do something controversial it sullies them....but everybody worships them regardless. They're just a huge group of hypocrites and I can't stand it. Why not build up the Carver clan? Or the Johnson Clan? Ugh. Jennifer and Hope both just need to be written off the show for a while because they have far past their expiration dates, although both ladies are lovely. I just have no use for either of them.

Which brings me to Haley! Holy crap - your only characteristic is being frazzled. First suicide, then deportation, then being in a sham marriage, then nearly being burned alive....and through all of it I haven't given a single damn. They should have her go work at the Horton center with needy people or something so that we can finally get more than a one-dimensional personality going.

Has Melinda Trask even shown up to comfort her daughter after her recent stresses?

The scene between Tripp and Kayla at the hospital was kind of nice. Mary Beth Evans just glows and radiates warmth and love so much so that it's easy to forget all of the completely plausible reasons why these two characters should avoid each other. She even happily referred to herself as his stepmother! It's a shame the show didn't put more effort into building a relationship between these two because they're both good actors and I like them.

Nicole looked beautiful today. I forgot what great legs she has. It's going to be confusing once the Real McCoy resurfaces and has to explain to everybody all the conversations she didn't really have with them.

Is Maggie still in recovery from her relapse? I feel like she's vanished from the show lately and just when her story was getting good.

Edited by DisneyBoy
  • Love 7
20 minutes ago, DisneyBoy said:

Is Maggie still in recovery from her relapse? I feel like she's vanished from the show lately and just when her story was getting good.

She was on the other day, but just for a couple of scenes.  She walked in when Xander was there, told him how disappointed she was that he'd kidnapped Hope and Ted and then told Brady she was feeling fragile and he took her to an AA meeting.  Then, we saw her and Brady run into (the real) Susan in Horton Square and they had a "zany" conversation with her before Susan left to go back to Roger.  

• Useful 1
6 hours ago, Sandman said:

The Kiriakis Pile must have a lot of bedrooms. Who ISN'T living there?   

They said back in 2013, I believe, that the mansion has 17 bedrooms. Scarily enough, it seems they could take on even more guests if needed! 😳😄

• Love 2

Brady asked her yesterday if Maggie had been drinking, she said no.

Hallucination Claire is on more often than real Claire.

"Is this single malt?" "Of course."  Weird interaction.

Jeez, Kayla, why would you ever think that Jennifer was on a date with Jack?

Wanna bet that another copy of Rolf's diary shows up somewhere?

• Love 2
1 hour ago, Silver Raven said:

"Is this single malt?" "Of course."  Weird interaction.

Yea, that was stupid. I feel like it was them trying to make the convo seem more real or something but it didn't work.

I loved Gabi's jumpsuit. And that's about all I got for this ep.

• Love 1
2 hours ago, QueenSerena said:

They said back in 2013, I believe, that the mansion has 17 bedrooms. Scarily enough, it seems they could take on even more guests if needed! 😳😄

Maybe "Pile" doesn't do the Kiriakis manse justice. Maybe I need to start thinking of it as the "Kiriakis TARDIkiS"? (Time And Relative(s') Dimensions Kin Space?)😎

• LOL 4
  • Love 1

Loved the JJ and Jack scenes today. You could see the hope in Jack's eyes that talking to his son would spark the first memory, something. JJ's hope was tempered but it was still there. When JJ called him Dad, it was the first, small step towards a reconciliation between the two. The next step will be when Jack dumps Eve.

Speaking of Eve, you are so busted. This whole marriage has gone on too long for my tastes and I am very much looking forward to Jack dumping her ass, firing her and getting a divorce.

Kristin as Nicole comes across as just skeevy. I feel like Brady needs a shower after she leaves to wash the visit off of him. Heard of personal space lady? I know she is delusional and hoping that he will just grab her and kiss her because she is so close but still...

• Love 2
11 hours ago, ByaNose said:

Do Marlena and John have their own place/set? I used to love their penthouse with the spiral staircase.

Its supposed to come back later this year hence JJ/Haley are at the loft although honestly I rather have the loft remodeled to Jarlena's penthouse because there is a staircase.

• Love 1
(edited)
1 hour ago, cmahorror said:

Loved the JJ and Jack scenes today. You could see the hope in Jack's eyes that talking to his son would spark the first memory, something. JJ's hope was tempered but it was still there. When JJ called him Dad, it was the first, small step towards a reconciliation between the two. The next step will be when Jack dumps Eve.

Speaking of Eve, you are so busted. This whole marriage has gone on too long for my tastes and I am very much looking forward to Jack dumping her ass, firing her and getting a divorce.

Kristin as Nicole comes across as just skeevy. I feel like Brady needs a shower after she leaves to wash the visit off of him. Heard of personal space lady? I know she is delusional and hoping that he will just grab her and kiss her because she is so close but still...

The best part of Jack's return has been the Jack/JJ scenes I wish they had better material to work with. Everything else has been a dumpster fire. I mean Jack/Jennifer still have it chem wise but the writing isn't there sadly.

That being said I don't want them to instantly be chummy again either. I don't mind Jack/JJ angst I just wish it was over someone other than Haley its just so contrived.  If it was Kayla, Jennifer, Abby or Eve that makes sense to me someone they both barely know? Not so much. Plus they seemed to just want us to forget the past few months with Jack/Haley not having any issues. Yeah sure.. I'd like for JJ to go off the rails(because this character desperately needs it) again and have Jack deal with it this time. I mean if they want to keep the angst going switch it up that's what a good soap would do but this is Days  after all...

Edited by CanaryFan98
  • Love 4

I watched today before yesterday before I realized that it had aired on the West Coast. (Remember the days when they used to air a preempted show overnight if it aired on the other coast?)  Now, it's just stream it, baby!

Even not seeing yesterday, I only had the slightest feeling like I had missed something. 

I'm having a hard time feeling bad for Henry Shah.  It was two dates. I wasn't watching for the first date and if she wanted to be with someone else yet went on a date with him well then, bad on her I guess? But don't at least 50% of first dates happen under those circumstances? 

And I don't think you can be dumped after one date because you aren't together after one date.  You're not together after two dates either.

Speaking of two dates, I can't believe he was giving her grief that she left him on their second date because she wanted to be with someone else.  That someone else being her dead ex-husband who she was engaged to when he "died" so maybe she gets some space about "wanting to be with someone else" considering she couldn't have predicted he'd show up.*

*Okay, maybe she should have. Not because she lives in a soap opera but because he keeps coming back from the dead that she should expect it by now.

So boo hoo Dr. Shaw.  I can't wait for her to "dump" you again.

Otherwise, I actually loved the Jack and Jennifer scenes today.  Maybe her harpiness against his avoidance hit some kind of sweet spot for me.  But seriously, I love when she's exasperated and he knows she's right about what she's exasperated about but reluctant to say. I wanted the story to be more about that.

Jack's attitude towards everything, though, felt like it came out of nowhere.  I wish this show did a better job at motivation.  It's clear they want to move onto the next arc of this story but can't be bothered to actually plant of motive to pivot on.

• Love 10
3 hours ago, cmahorror said:

Good description.  Kristin-as-Nicole is pretty low rent.  

Remember shortly after Kristin-as-Nicole showed up, before the Holly fakeout, she and Eric were getting frisky on his couch and she stopped him, told him she wasn't ready to expose her body because she was massively scarred from the fire?  Well, she seems to have forgotten THAT particular lie, since she was pretty exposed from head to ample toe today.

This needs to be Kristin's last hurrah.  The character is so played out.

• Love 9

Jennifer should maybe tell prospective suitors that her dead ex-husband has resurfaced alive a couple of times and it may happen again. Dr. Shah should keep that kind of circumstance in mind. It is Salem after all.

Nicole is back. The Salemites don't find her a bit odd - that she doesn't seem to have any sort of warm heart? She did show some decency - and she is a far cry from her normal self, her child's 'death' and all. Granted, folks like Abe haven't really spent much time with her.

Claire's ghost - please do something with Haley. The histrionics and PTSD or whatever will affect her work and she will freak out at the imaginary Claire at the hospital, see her as a patient in one of the beds, etc. Tripp getting her meds is not right. And yeah, maybe JJ didn't want cereal as you making him 'breakfast'. No real interest in her.

Eve, kinda a dumb thing to do - to burn the Dr. Rolf notes. Surely someone has another copy.

• LOL 3
  • Love 1

How is possible Haley’s acting has gotten worse?

Stefan and Gabi are really surprised he was suspended from Dimera for being under investigation for kidnapping? Yes corporations don’t really like CEOs who commit felonies being the face of their brand. 

How is Haley going to be a nurse when she had delusional waking nightmares every 5 minutes? She’ll be admistering shots and IVs then go into one of her trances. Ron really loves writing women going crazy storylines. I’m sure both Tripp and JJ will be doing backflips to save her. That hasn’t gotten old. 

Knew Kristen/“Nicole” would play off the Lucha Libre mask as something sexual w Xander. Brady’s super dumb btw. She could have told him it was Wear Your Mexican Wrestling Mask to Work Day and he would have just as easily bought it as he did as some pervy role playing game. 

Jenn really had to give Jack formal notice she’s now accepting dates again? He’s married. Its great she’s moving on and living life but he is sleeping w Eve this entire time. 

• Love 5
12 hours ago, Irlandesa said:

Maybe her harpiness against his avoidance hit some kind of sweet spot for me.  But seriously, I love when she's exasperated and he knows she's right about what she's exasperated about but reluctant to say. I wanted the story to be more about that.

Jack's attitude towards everything, though, felt like it came out of nowhere.  I wish this show did a better job at motivation.  It's clear they want to move onto the next arc of this story but can't be bothered to actually plant of motive to pivot on.

Oh, I loved the way you put that -- that's a huge part of their magic, right there. I've been on vacation and tried to whip through four episodes, so I undoubtedly missed some nuances. But I totally agree -- Jack seemed very different to me rather suddenly, regardless of the serum. It's a welcome change. That Jack/JJ exchange in the loft was quintessential Jack, too. Good to see you! 

• Love 6
(edited)
13 hours ago, Irlandesa said:

Otherwise, I actually loved the Jack and Jennifer scenes today.  Maybe her harpiness against his avoidance hit some kind of sweet spot for me.  But seriously, I love when she's exasperated and he knows she's right about what she's exasperated about but reluctant to say. I wanted the story to be more about that.

9 minutes ago, Lastwaltz said:

Oh, I loved the way you put that -- that's a huge part of their magic, right there. I've been on vacation and tried to whip through four episodes, so I undoubtedly missed some nuances. But I totally agree -- Jack seemed very different to me rather suddenly, regardless of the serum. It's a welcome change. That Jack/JJ exchange in the loft was quintessential Jack, too. Good to see you! 

I enjoyed Jenn telling Jack she was moving on yesterday and it was a relief to see that Jack's hostility default was absent, which I took as his being ultimately happy that he's attempting to regain his memories.

It all did remind me, though, of how Show had Jack show up alive, with Eve on his arm and there has never been any explanation as to how or why, and pretty much not even a question from any Salemites as to where he's been.  It's gone on so long now I'd pretty much forgotten it.

It's past time for Jack's storyline to move on and for him to move on from Eve.  Her using Paige's memory in her lie to Jack was just despicable.

Edited by boes
  • Love 9