Type keyword(s) to search

Current Plots Discussion: Actually Today's Episode

Message added by scarynikki12

Spoilers are not allowed in this thread. Period. Any posts that include spoilers (and casting information qualifies) will be removed. There are several other threads that allow spoilers so take that discussion to one of them.

• Start Topic

Kristen openly going to the door barefaced is kind of stupid.

I don't think I ever see a soap actor actually eating while trying to talk.

Who is going to make the serum for Jack?  Is he going to ask Rex and Kayla?

They haven't figured out that Nicole is Kristen yet?  Idiots.

If I were the management at the Salem Inn, I think I would ask "Nicole" to move out after all of the trashing she does of her room.

Love the Mexican wrestling mask Xander left for Kristen.

Hey, Jennifer, pick up your trash!

• LOL 3
  • Love 3
16 hours ago, boes said:

I'm really bored with Show currently.  Brandon Barash was the only person onscreen today I had any interest in.  The minute I saw Eric I actually groaned.  Why can't someone lock HIM in the basement?

There's no excuse for TIIC to be treating this show so badly.

Facts AF. The stories are so boring and ill thought out. It’s become the Great Value version of Passions. Eric has complained or felt sorry for himself everyday, saying the same stuff since before NYE.  He’s like a damn pull a string doll... we get it. I’m not sure why Sarah finds it captivating or Marlena reacts with compliments and back pats. 

• Love 11

The show is boring but I enjoyed the Jack/Jennifer banter today. I enjoyed Wilson as well. Why can't the show acknowledge that Wilson share relatives, there is nothing incestuous about it their dialogue about Jack and Jennifer was so weird.  A wonderful surrogacy story for Wilson would be great for them. 

• Love 11

Gabi was on fire today.  She is on to Nicole and Kate’s lies. 

Eve really lit up when Ted mentioned Ben kidnaped him.  Not the last kidnapping the one before this one.  

Jack and Jennifer were interesting.   

I do wonder if Eve is starting to have feelings for Jack.  

Sonny needs a career. 

• Love 8
2 hours ago, Apprentice79 said:

The show is boring but I enjoyed the Jack/Jennifer banter today. I enjoyed Wilson as well. Why can't the show acknowledge that Wilson share relatives, there is nothing incestuous about it their dialogue about Jack and Jennifer was so weird.  A wonderful surrogacy story for Wilson would be great for them. 

Jennifer & Jack's scenes were the best part of the show.  Jennifer really knows how to get under Jack's skin.  

• Love 7

I too am getting a bit bored with the show and its storylines.

Who cleaned up the hotel room?

Enjoyed Jack and Jenn and his decision to take the memory drug.

Will and Sonny need something to do.

Gabi, it's going to take a while to get the truth out of Kate about who really kidnapped her. Be patient.

That weird green mask Kristen wore was a hoot. Her voice didn't even sound like Nicole's voice. That mask must have magical properties to change a body and a voice!

Of course, 'Susan Banks' would be welcome at the Kiriakis mansion.

• Love 2
2 hours ago, Frozendiva said:

I thought Xander giving Kristen the wrestling mask and teasing her about it was hysterical. 

That weird green mask Kristen wore was a hoot. Her voice didn't even sound like Nicole's voice.

I actually laughed out loud at both of these scenes.  Xander was giving Kristen the business and it was glorious.  

And Kristen answering the door in the mask and Gabi's reaction was priceless.  That was the best.  🤣

• Love 7

I'm nuckin' futs with this show anymore. Story lines are uninspired and dragging, or dropped totally. ( i.e. Jordan's baby - by the time they revisit, if ever, the kid will have to be SORASed and/or nobody will even care.) 

• Love 4

CB is very pretty. The dresses she wears look amazing on her. So, there's that. BB seems to be having a lot of fun and getting paid for it which doesn't hurt. I wish ED was still playing Kristen. She is really missed. Will & Sonny are kind of meh. They don't really have a storyline now that Will is okay. I like Jenn & Jack. They have such good chemestry.

• Love 2

Will and Sonny looked bored.  Maybe they can help Gaby investigate.  

Whats wrong with Kate? 

“Susan “ looked like she was in heat when she bumped into Brady. 

Wish you all could have seen my moms face when I tried to explain that Kristin who was pretending to be Nicole the other day was now pretending to be Susan to steal back her mask.  

• LOL 5
  • Love 2

The scenes between Susan & Xander aka "Zandy" were a Hoot!  When Susan pulled out the Mexican mask & it dawns on Xander who she really is, was so funny.  And then Susan 'drooling" over a shirtless, sweaty Brady made me LOL.  The funny scenes were good, but I am tired of 'poor Me" Hope.

• LOL 1
  • Love 7

Hope, cheer up. You are now free of Rafe! I did like Eve's mentioning of many of Hope's past loves - Larry Welch, Patrick Lockhart, etc

Zandy and Susan Banks were hilarious. She did seem oddly behaved to be Susan, but maybe it's just the heat. She certainly was salivating at towel-clad shirtless Brady. The wrestling mask was funny. Zandy definitely knows who she is and is not the real Susan Banks. Nice of Gabi to take his fancy briefcase.

Why would Jennifer refer to Henry as Dr. Shah at first? She suuuuure has romantic interest in him. Yup. Not.

• Love 9
1 hour ago, Frozendiva said:

Why would Jennifer refer to Henry as Dr. Shah at first? She suuuuure has romantic interest in him. Yup. Not.

Right?  Show, if you feel like you need to have Jennifer, who has been on like two or three dates with Shah, use his honorific just so the audience knows who she's talking to, it might be worth just casting some other rando.

At this point, I fully expect Shah to become a serial killer when he's dumped by Jennifer again.

• LOL 7
  • Love 3
11 hours ago, Irlandesa said:

Right?  Show, if you feel like you need to have Jennifer, who has been on like two or three dates with Shah, use his honorific just so the audience knows who she's talking to, it might be worth just casting some other rando.

At this point, I fully expect Shah to become a serial killer when he's dumped by Jennifer again.

In terms of faulty logic, interactions with Jennifer Horton turns you in to a serial killer. Abs, Ben, possibly Dr. Shah, etc.🤣

• LOL 4
(edited)
On July 8, 2019 at 7:15 PM, peachmangosteen said:

I am growing very tired of AZ as Kristen being Nicole. I need this story to move to the next phase asap.

I honestly thought were coming to the end of this dumb story. I skim rapidly through anything involving Ted, who's worse than useless to me, so I've probably missed some details, but I was puzzled when Kate and Worse Than Useless Ted told Hope that the Dimera to be blamed was Stefan No! (Uh, buh?)

My puzzlement blossomed into genuine shock when it appeared that neither Kate (who ought to have more on the ball) nor WTU Ted (who clearly fell headfirst out of the clue tree, hitting every last branch on the way down without managing to grasp even the tiniest scrap of a clue) has figured out that Non-Nicole and that woman are the same person -- that there is no Nicole, in fact.

C'mon Kate! You're better than this.

Edited by Sandman
  • LOL 4
  • Love 3

So, let me get this all straight:

Ciara can't stand that Ted blackmailed Will - but is apparently fine with the fact that Ben strangled Will twice (with one of those times thought to have been successful for two years).

Sonny correctly points out that Susan wouldn't be allowed to possess a gun after being in a mental institution - but Ben gets to carry one (I believe at one point in the presence of a police officer) as head of DiMera security.

Jennifer-Lawrence-ok-thumbs-up.gif

I think we might have a plot hole or two here, Show. 🤔

• LOL 10
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, Silver Raven said:

I guess a woman sexually assaulting a man is comedy, huh?

The double standard on this show always remains regardless of the writing regime.

I don't know why this surprises you this is the same show that played Bonnie taking advantage of a drunken Lucas for laughs when she showed up with a kid in tow passing it off as his. Yet he thought he was with Adrienne. Not one person took up for Lucas(except kind of Chloe) about what Bonnie did.

Then you had Leo kissing strangers who didn't like it(see Brady) for laughs. 

• Love 1
12 minutes ago, tribeca said:

Brady has turned down two women.  Are we sure he is not wearing a mask. 

Brady turned down two women last year. Theresa twice and Kristen once.

So he's done this before that being said his drought won't last.

• LOL 1
6 minutes ago, Retired at last said:

@CanaryFan98, didn't Kristen also drug and rape Eric and had it videotaped to play at the "appropriate time?"

Yes but that wasn't played for laughs. I did think that the story was more about Brady than Eric when it came down to it. They could've had Eric deal with intimacy issues etc afterwards but that would mean the show cares about Eric as an individual and they don't this was a way to get him out of being a priest.

In retrospect he should've stayed one because GV's Eric doesn't seem to have much direction now.

Course they could've had Eric be a shrink like Marlena without going the priest route and neutering him entirely.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, tribeca said:

52 minutes ago, CanaryFan98 said:

Brady turned down two women last year. Theresa twice and Kristen once.

So he's done this before that being said his drought won't last.

Brady's more of a serial monogamist than a cheater or a one night stand kind of guy.  Wasn't he involved with Eve when Theresa was around?  

• Love 2
4 minutes ago, boes said:

Brady's more of a serial monogamist than a cheater or a one night stand kind of guy.  Wasn't he involved with Eve when Theresa was around?  

Yes he was but yeah Brady may not make a relationship work but when he's with a woman he's all in. A character driven soap would've tied that with his mommy/addiction issues but this show doesn't think like that anymore.

• Useful 1
  • Love 1

Gaby has said loco a lot this week. 

I like how Rafe knew it wasn’t Gabys briefcase since it wasn’t stylish.  

Ciara is still annoying. 

Poor Jordan.  Everyone else’s mental illness is instantly cured but hers.  So basically as soon as Rafe adopts David he is going to ignore Jordan’s wishes. 

Oh well David will probably be 21 in three weeks and there will be a Ciara, Ben David triangle.  

• LOL 9
  • Love 3
7 minutes ago, tribeca said:

Gaby has said loco a lot this week. 

I like how Rafe knew it wasn’t Gabys briefcase since it wasn’t stylish.  

Ciara is still annoying. 

Poor Jordan.  Everyone else’s mental illness is instantly cured but hers.  So basically as soon as Rafe adopts David he is going to ignore Jordan’s wishes. 

Oh well David will probably be 21 in three weeks and there will be a Ciara, Ben David triangle.  

I liked Jordan more than Ben. They should've spiced her up originally and not paired her with Rafe after they made her a generic female like everyone else. I could've gone for a JJ/Jordan pairing (pre crazy) where they bonded over dealing with crazy siblings but ended up falling for each other. Plus they both hated Clyde that also would bond them. Course I would want someone other than Ron to write it. Cin had potential as a messy, dark angsty controversial couple and its been neutered and so generic.

• Love 2
1 hour ago, tribeca said:

Xander has been regularly wearing shirts. Are we sure he’s not wearing a mask? 

So I guess it took Rafe sleeping with Carrie for Hope to fall for thirsty Ted. 

Kristen playing Susan and Susan being Susan make want to mute the tv. Good Lord is that voice annoying. 😖

I suppose Roman putting up the Help Wanted sign means that Sonny (who’s been bitching about being out of work) or Ben will get a job at the pub. Of course, entitled Ciara, who really has become a less slappy and less married man obsessed version of Abigail, thinks following a job schedule is optional. She also showed up to work only 5% of the time. 

Xander should probably been happy the briefcase with Kristen’s mask was stolen, then he could claim no culpablity when she comes at him for it and direct her ire at Gabi. I want one of those state of the art Rolf masks that not only change your face, but also body and vocals to the person it’s fashioned of.... I could get one of Lana Del Rey and not only have her bone structure and lanky frame, but sing like an angel and do choreo. 

This show sucks if their A story this stupid ass Kristen mess. Y&R and B&B are shitty right now too 😫

• LOL 5
2 minutes ago, Petunia13 said:

Xander has been regularly wearing shirts. Are we sure he’s not wearing a mask? 

So I guess it took Rafe sleeping with Carrie for Hope to fall for thirsty Ted. 

Kristen playing Susan and Susan being Susan make want to mute the tv. Good Lord is that voice annoying. 😖

I suppose Roman putting up the Help Wanted sign means that Sonny (who’s been bitching about being out of work) or Ben will get a job at the pub. Of course, entitled Ciara, who really has become a less slappy and less married man obsessed version of Abigail, thinks following a job schedule is optional. She also showed up to work only 5% of the time. 

Xander should probably been happy the briefcase with Kristen’s mask was stolen, then he could claim no culpablity when she comes at him for it and direct her ire at Gabi. I want one of those state of the art Rolf masks that not only change your face, but also body and vocals to the person it’s fashioned of.... I could get one of Lana Del Rey and not only have her bone structure and lanky frame, but sing like an angel and do choreo. 

This show sucks if their A story this stupid ass Kristen mess. Y&R and B&B are shitty right now too 😫

All the soaps are terrible its safe to say in 5 years they may all be gone at the rate they are going now. YMMV as to which one sucks less.

1 hour ago, Petunia13 said:

I suppose Roman putting up the Help Wanted sign means that Sonny (who’s been bitching about being out of work) or Ben will get a job at the pub. Of course, entitled Ciara, who really has become a less slappy and less married man obsessed version of Abigail, thinks following a job schedule is optional. She also showed up to work only 5% 

And didn't you love Ciara telling Ben that Roman did her a "favor" by firing her, because now she'd have time to decompress from all she's been through, the poor baby.

Why yes, you entitled obnoxious brat, lots of people would like time to "decompress" , but unlike Ciara, they actually have to work to stay alive, with a roof over their heads and food on the table, not everyone has a money tree up their rear end.

If Show is trying to make her even more unlikable, they're succeeding.

• LOL 1
  • Love 16

I did laugh when Brady's towel fell off him when 'Susan' was going at him. I had half hoped that her teeth would have flown across the room.

Was it right to show a woman trying to sexually assault a man? No. But a lot of women go through this sort of thing all the time.

Brady should have recognized that 'Susan' behaved a lot like 'Kristen'.

Both 'Susans' both screeching. Yikes.

No, Rafe, Gabi would not have a briefcase/small suitcase like that. Her taste is not that high end. And she probably could not afford it.

Ciara, maybe get some humble pie over the next little while. When you have a job, you are expected to show up. Lots of people don't have the luxury to 'decompress' from stressful things in their lives.

I did like Ben showing a bit of maturity by asking Rafe about seeing his nephew. Ben behaved well - asked politely, shook Rafe's hand, accepted his answer. Jordan may need to switch doctors to Dr. Laura so she can be back to herself in a couple of weeks.  Rafe can make arrangements with social services to have someone supervise a half hour visit with Ben once or twice a month. In terms of Ben being able to use a gun, that would be something that Stefan would work out with the police or whoever is in charge of a license - that would also be supervised.

• Love 4
(edited)

Yes women go through it all the time it sucks but it doesn't mean its any better if a man goes through it just doesn't get the same outrage because women don't see it as as a big deal when it happens to a man.

Unless they are actually going somewhere with Ciara I don't see what the point of her being fired was other than for a few laughs I admittedly enjoyed. That job was oddly the only thing that separated her from Ben's orbit now she's all about him.

Edited by CanaryFan98
  • Love 4
16 hours ago, Petunia13 said:

Susan being Susan make want to mute the tv. Good Lord is that voice annoying.

The whole conception of the character, from the teeth outward (because you know they started from "Hey, let's give her some big ol' buck teeth!") is stupid. Susan and her worthless doppelgänger should have been jettisoned years ago. 

• Love 11
39 minutes ago, Sandman said:

The whole conception of the character, from the teeth outward (because you know they started from "Hey, let's give her some big ol' buck teeth!") is stupid. Susan and her worthless doppelgängIer should have been jettisoned years ago. 

I'm so tired of this show especially Ron bringing back the same characters and stories over and over again. Enough with the return of Kristen and Susan. Enough with the return of Sami.  Try something new.

Not that it would matter. As someone wrote above the storiers are so ill thought out.  I swear most of them don't make a lick of sense.  There's no emotional investment in any of them. 

• Love 11
(edited)
42 minutes ago, SnK said:

I'm so tired of this show especially Ron bringing back the same characters and stories over and over again. Enough with the return of Kristen and Susan. Enough with the return of Sami.  Try something new.

Not that it would matter. As someone wrote above the storiers are so ill thought out.  I swear most of them don't make a lick of sense.  There's no emotional investment in any of them. 

Yep everything is generic, interchangeable and inconsequential.

There is ZERO emotional reasonance with this show across the board. Its sad when I want my faves to either not be on or leave the show. There's nothing for them at this point worth sticking around for.

Sami's returns at least make sense given her history but Kristen/Susan should've been put out to pasture long ago. Susan should be off screen with EJ and the kids. 

Kristen should've been killed off for good after she fell out the window in Italy(probably before that but I admit I liked Bristen even if it made zero sense for Kristen to be a regular in Salem). I realize I only liked her because of Eileen. She's totally lacking to me at this point.

Edited by CanaryFan98
  • Love 8

I enjoyed Stacy Haiduk as Susan the last two days.  She actually made me smile more than once, which is something that probably hasn't happened since Hattie was pretending to be Marlena.  That made me realize that I can still enjoy watching Haiduk, and that it's probably that this mask story is so plot-driven and thoughtless that I find it mostly unbearable.  And while the mask thing is still stupid, it could still be somewhat interesting if they were exploring identity issues and we were watching Kristin getting lost in the Nicole persona. 

Watching Eve trying to cover her ass from the fallout with Claire, and dealing with Xander, has been one of the few things I'm not skipping over, which is weird because I could barely stand to watch Eve before the walls started coming in on her.  

• Love 8
2 hours ago, enchantingmonkey said:

Watching Eve trying to cover her ass from the fallout with Claire, and dealing with Xander, has been one of the few things I'm not skipping over, which is weird because I could barely stand to watch Eve before the walls started coming in on her.  

Maybe because it seems to be leading to some actual payoff? Soaps haven't done that in so long, I can see where viewers could suddenly become excited after such a long drought.

• Love 6
On 7/9/2019 at 8:30 PM, Retired at last said:

Wow - it is really interesting to see so many Eve fans on this forum. I hate seeing how she has been inserted into so many stories and see NOTHING enjoyable or positive about her. I don't know this actress from anything else, so I can't attest to that. As others have said it is a horrible character and I guess she plays it well, but I will fast forward or not watch a show if I read that she is featured in it. I know that many villains are people you love to hate; however I just hate her character and that she has to suck up so much time. The only one who is as annoying as she is is Sarah. I hope she loses Jack (although that is not necessarily any kind of punishment) and her job and has to go to jail and is off my screen. She SHOULD feel guilty for putting her own personal vendetta, which only shows up when it suits her, ahead of getting help for a disturbed girl, who for some reason, trusted her.

Eve is a bitch on wheels. She's likable when she's maternal, but even those moments don't make up for her bitchiness. KDP can act though. She did a beautiful job acting out the grief of Eve losing Paige. Even that scene when she confronted Ben when she first ran into him made me cry. She was phenomenal. It's a shame an actress as gifted as her plays a character as detestable as Eve. Days typically flip flops the storylines of different characters in a way that has you rooting for different people depending on the story, and they do change the characters around. I was a Theresa hater, but they made her grow on me after awhile. That's another talented actress who played a bitchy bad girl type. We obviously need "bad guys" and bad guys acted well on the show, but giving them some consistent charm, humor, and heart always helps. The nonstop bitchiness isn't fun. Kristen is out of her mind, but I LOVED Eileen's version. Good villain there. 

• LOL 2
  • Love 4
(edited)

There were some cute moments from Friday's show:

The Gabi/Kate scenes were well done and I liked the moment where Gabi called out Kate for lying to her, and she took the container back filled with the empty calories of whatever treat she baked--looked like brownies--and Kate called out "they were dry" as Gabi exited the hospital room. Ahh!!

Sonny and Will being cute together and Will started teasing Sonny about his next career, Will mentions Sonny starting "SonnyChic" and that he needed to update his wardrobe for that and then Sonny called Will the flannel king and when we see them next, Will is indeed wearing a flannel shirt.  In July.  Double Ahh!!

So Show can bring the humor when it wants to :):)

Edited by kitmerlot1213
  • Love 15