Type keyword(s) to search

Current Plots Discussion: Actually Today's Episode

Message added by scarynikki12

Spoilers are not allowed in this thread. Period. Any posts that include spoilers (and casting information qualifies) will be removed. There are several other threads that allow spoilers so take that discussion to one of them.

• Start Topic

(edited)
54 minutes ago, CanaryFan98 said:

That makes too much sense for some reason instead of bringing back past characters that would actually enhance the show they created newbies and try to act as if they were more meaningful etc than the characters that existed before(like Rafe, Daniel, Melanie etc.) I felt a lot of that damaged the show in ways that it never recovered.

Yeah ,It would have been better if Melanie was the daughter of Lawrence Alamain and Carly Manning. 

All that hoopla over her being Max Brady's half sister was simply not necessary . And then changing her from Trent Robbin's daughter to Daniel's daughter and Maggie's granddaughter was simply overkill.

They should have just kept it simple and simply made her Lawrence and Carly's daughter. 

Nicholas inherits Lawrence's looks while Melanie resembles Carly.

But no ,we had to get unnecessary stuff like Vivian trying to kill Melanie ,,Death of Lawrence Alamain ,Stephanie trashed to prop up Melanie ,Melanie being a man-magnet with every guy on canvas fawning over her , Melanie being Maggie's contrieved granddaughter etc

Edited by Rafael
  • Love 4
9 hours ago, Petunia13 said:

More Chloe and Rex as a bantering fun friendship that grows into slow burn attraction please.

+1. I love them together.

Will and Sonny do have undeniable chemistry and look good together. Let couples be love in the afternoon and have romance and quietly relatable moments. Allow us to be invested in them or get some damn escapism. This show REFUSES to do it.!

Also this. And, in particular, Will and Sonny work best in the way they were today imo. I like CM and FS so much more when they're playing happy and smiling. 

I liked SH a lot the first go around (more so as Susan but as Kristen too) and I'd rather watch her play Kristen than AZ play Kristen-as-Nicole, but I too am getting tired of it. Move along already! Also, and I'm sorry because this is super judgemental and rude, but I can barely stand to look at SH's body. You can see every bone in her chest and every vein in her arms and it makes me feel icky.

• Love 8

Truth be told , I feel that Brandon Barash should have been cast as Max Brady . 

Max not being at Caroline's funeral was just plain wrong ,especially when one remembers how hard she fought to get legal custody of Max. 

Plus Max could have returned at the behest of Roman ,who needs his kid brother to help run the pub since Caroline was in LA with Kim and Shane . Plus Max is a bartender on cruise ship . He would fit right in at the pub . 

Plus it would've been neat if Caroline bequeathed the Pub to Max . 

But nope ,Ron is desperate to make his flop creation happen even though Stefan is simply not working at all. So he has to waste 2 actors on his awful creation . 

Nothing wrong with Gabi having  sleazy fun with Max . 

Stefan should have been exposed as a fraud and then killed off when Tyler Christopher left the role. 

Stefan is an ill -conceived flop like Summer ,Deimos and Serena . 

• Love 6
(edited)
4 hours ago, peachmangosteen said:

+1. I love them together.

Also this. And, in particular, Will and Sonny work best in the way they were today imo. I like CM and FS so much more when they're playing happy and smiling. 

I liked SH a lot the first go around (more so as Susan but as Kristen too) and I'd rather watch her play Kristen than AZ play Kristen-as-Nicole, but I too am getting tired of it. Move along already! Also, and I'm sorry because this is super judgemental and rude, but I can barely stand to look at SH's body. You can see every bone in her chest and every vein in her arms and it makes me feel icky.

Staci should have been cast as Melissa Horton. 

I remember seeing her appear on an episode of a cop tv series ,Life. 

The main actor on that show was Damian Lewis of Homeland fame .  

Anyways she was playing a psychiatrist suspected of being involved in the murder of a body builder . 

She totally slayed dressed up in formal clothing and covering up her arms and upper body and showing off her legs. 

I dont know why they even cast her as Kristen when its clear she cannot pull off the fashionista glamour look which Eileen Davidson  pulled off effortlessly .

They should have just cast her as Melissa Horton .

Melissa could have returned to Salem and revived Anderson Manufacturing . 

With Melissa being the CEO of the newly revived  Anderson Manufacturing ,she would been dressing up in formal corporate wear which she could actually pull off. 

Edited by Rafael
10 hours ago, Rafael said:

Yeah ,It would have been better if Melanie was the daughter of Lawrence Alamain and Carly Manning. 

All that hoopla over her being Max Brady's half sister was simply not necessary . And then changing her from Trent Robbin's daughter to Daniel's daughter and Maggie's granddaughter was simply overkill.

They should have just kept it simple and simply made her Lawrence and Carly's daughter. 

Nicholas inherits Lawrence's looks while Melanie resembles Carly.

But no ,we had to get unnecessary stuff like Vivian trying to kill Melanie ,,Death of Lawrence Alamain ,Stephanie trashed to prop up Melanie ,Melanie being a man-magnet with every guy on canvas fawning over her , Melanie being Maggie's contrieved granddaughter etc

It would've been a nice soapy story had Lawrence not be killed off that he gave away a daughter he thought was someone else's and turned out to be his. Then he would be horrified at all the terrible things that happened to Melanie because of it he could've prevented.

Course I loathed Melanie and loved Lawrence/Carly so I'm not sure how I would feel about that if she had been their kid.

• Love 5
(edited)
6 minutes ago, Silver Raven said:

Kristen has always been ridiculous and over the top.

Starting with the whole still pretending to be pregnant and switcheroo with Susan. But in the beginning, she was a nice woman who loved kids and worked as a social worker. Even when she tried to keep John away from Marlena, she was still just committing regular soap opera misdeeds. It was after she lost the baby, that she turned all the way  up in the Dimera crazy scale.

Edited by nilyank
  • Love 9
On 12/4/2018 at 8:10 PM, WendyCR72 said:

To bring a little something from the GH thread: The, Rafe, The. (As "die" means "the" in German!)

do you mean 'the' means DIE in German? very different outcome.

• Love 1
On 12/5/2018 at 5:03 PM, bobcat1946 said:

So Julie had a problem with mental ill criminal Ben but does not have a problem with mental ill criminal Abigail.

I really believe Hope would be going after Ben just as hard even if he was not involved with Ciara.  Because she had it out for him from the get go.

Well, to be fair, Ben killed a lot of people.  I don't love Abigail, but the difference is rather jarring.    Ben killed Paige, annoying elephant girl, the midwife, and almost certainly mostly killed Will.    Abs sucks, but Ben's sins are a wee bit bigger.  That said, RW is quite the charming fellow, and this being a soap,  I can, and will forgive and forget.  KM, however, is a wet blanket and I don't care if she resurrects Alice Horton, she will still b a pill.

• LOL 2
  • Love 5
On 12/8/2018 at 12:36 AM, Petunia13 said:

@4evaQuez Eric was Nicole’s first love from way back when and she spent the past few months pining for him so I think this is why Nicole wanted her daughter raised by/with him. 

You know if Brady want to throw the past in Eric’s face, we can always take a stroll down memory lane to the time his love for a psycho got Eric raped. I think that was he beginning of the end of his brothers stability, you know when his idiotic choice of fiancé ruined his life. 

back when he was (gasp_  Jensn Ackles.  Who wouldn't fall crazy for him or JKJ's Philip????

• LOL 1
  • Love 3
(edited)
7 minutes ago, Stella Rose said:

Well, to be fair, Ben killed a lot of people.  I don't love Abigail, but the difference is rather jarring.    Ben killed Paige, annoying elephant girl, the midwife, and almost certainly mostly killed Will.    Abs sucks, but Ben's sins are a wee bit bigger.  That said, RW is quite the charming fellow, and this being a soap,  I can, and will forgive and forget.  KM, however, is a wet blanket and I don't care if she resurrects Alice Horton, she will still b a pill.

Abby is family and Ben isn't so I'm not sure why people are surprised that Julie wouldn't hate Abby but Ben she has no use for especially when some of the people that Ben victimized are her family or at least were associated with them.

Edited by CanaryFan98
  • Love 6
7 hours ago, Stella Rose said:

do you mean 'the' means DIE in German? very different outcome.

Actually, "die" means "the" in German, not the other way around.

• Useful 1
  • Love 1

Is Abigail to blame for Ben killing people? No. She is, however, to blame her chronic mistreatment of boyfriends, insisting they be in competition with one another, and purposefully leading more than one on at a time. She did it with Chad and Cameron, and she did it with Chad and Ben.

What Abigail is really guilty of is screwing around with Austin (with drugs?) and EJ, two completely unavailable men, which screwed with their significant others and their families as well...setting Ben on fire instead of just trying to turn him in to the police...faking her death, which is illegal...murdering Andre, even though it was accidental/self-defense...framing Gabi for the murder, lying in court about it and leaving her in jail to rot...bashing Marlena's head in with a fireplace poker, which should have easily left her in a coma for months, as it did John, if not outright killed her...trapping Marlena, Vivian and Kate in that room and then sealing it up so that no air could get in, which also could have easily killed them...

I think that's all the big stuff. Oh and also being an unlikable propped-up Princess who acts judgmental towards everyone else.

I will always hate Kate's Abigail.

• Love 16
48 minutes ago, DisneyBoy said:

Is Abigail to blame for Ben killing people? No. She is, however, to blame her chronic mistreatment of boyfriends, insisting they be in competition with one another, and purposefully leading more than one on at a time. She did it with Chad and Cameron, and she did it with Chad and Ben.

What Abigail is really guilty of is screwing around with Austin (with drugs?) and EJ, two completely unavailable men, which screwed with their significant others and their families as well...setting Ben on fire instead of just trying to turn him in to the police...faking her death, which is illegal...murdering Andre, even though it was accidental/self-defense...framing Gabi for the murder, lying in court about it and leaving her in jail to rot...bashing Marlena's head in with a fireplace poker, which should have easily left her in a coma for months, as it did John, if not outright killed her...trapping Marlena, Vivian and Kate in that room and then sealing it up so that no air could get in, which also could have easily killed them...

I think that's all the big stuff. Oh and also being an unlikable propped-up Princess who acts judgmental towards everyone else.

Lovely, beautiful, perfect and concise of that slap-happy harpy, DisneyBoy!

• LOL 3
  • Love 6
7 hours ago, tribeca said:

Why do people always compare Abby and Ben? 

What Ben did had nothing to do with Abigail. 

Well if you think about it, had Abigail been successful in killing Ben, Marlena, Kate, and Vivian she and Ben would basically have the same body count.  Also, both were apparently mentally ill when they were killing/trying to kill.

• Useful 2
  • Love 4
26 minutes ago, drtslim said:

Well if you think about it, had Abigail been successful in killing Ben, Marlena, Kate, and Vivian she and Ben would basically have the same body count.  Also, both were apparently mentally ill when they were killing/trying to kill.

You forgot about Andre - Abigail's body count would have been higher.  But then you could also say that Ben tried to kill Chad and Abby so his would have been higher.   

About today's episode.  If Kristen has a plan to exonerate Xander she should have led with that.  Otherwise, there is no way Xander won't happily throw her under the same bus she tried to throw him.

• Love 4
5 hours ago, DisneyBoy said:

What Abigail is really guilty of is screwing around with Austin (with drugs?) and EJ, two completely unavailable men, which screwed with their significant others and their families as well

I’ll give you Austin, but EJ chose to be unfaithful to Sami. I don’t know why so many people blame the “other woman” when they need to look at the one who vowed to love them.

• Love 11

This whole Kate and Ted acting like Stefan locked them up is just ridiculous. Is Gabi going to have to come clean and say they were together the whole time?

I wonder if that last drink of Stefan's was in the script.

• Love 2
On ‎7‎/‎14‎/‎2019 at 10:08 AM, Rafael said:

Truth be told , I feel that Brandon Barash should have been cast as Max Brady . 

Max not being at Caroline's funeral was just plain wrong ,especially when one remembers how hard she fought to get legal custody of Max. 

Plus Max could have returned at the behest of Roman ,who needs his kid brother to help run the pub since Caroline was in LA with Kim and Shane . Plus Max is a bartender on cruise ship . He would fit right in at the pub . 

Plus it would've been neat if Caroline bequeathed the Pub to Max . 

But nope ,Ron is desperate to make his flop creation happen even though Stefan is simply not working at all. So he has to waste 2 actors on his awful creation . 

Nothing wrong with Gabi having  sleazy fun with Max . 

Stefan should have been exposed as a fraud and then killed off when Tyler Christopher left the role. 

Stefan is an ill -conceived flop like Summer ,Deimos and Serena . 

Actually Max is a doctor now, he lives in London with Chelsea. Regardless, your point still remains.  Ironically in the "Max and Frankie" message at the funeral it would of made more sense for a "Max and Chelsea" message as well as one from Frankie.

• Love 3
(edited)
2 hours ago, TenaciousWarrior said:

I’ll give you Austin, but EJ chose to be unfaithful to Sami. I don’t know why so many people blame the “other woman” when they need to look at the one who vowed to love them.

Oh don't worry, I blame them both... LOL

Sad that Sami is now his nursemaid. The bum.

Thanks Boes - I don't think I've ever been called 'concise' before!

Edited by DisneyBoy
  • LOL 2
  • Love 3
8 hours ago, DisneyBoy said:

Abby and Austin never did anything she let Austin think he slept with her but he was drunk and passed out. Its not like Sami who raped Austin.

Austin should really be scarred for life when it comes to women honestly...

Although some of the things you described in your post involved MM's version of Abigail not Kate's.

11 hours ago, tribeca said:

Why do people always compare Abby and Ben? 

What Ben did had nothing to do with Abigail. 

I don't care for Abigail myself but fans tend to be harsher with females who do terrible things compared to men on this show regardless Abby does get a free pass for the terrible things she does and these days so does Ben as him being an SK is treated as an afterthought and you have people like Claire saying she's worse than Ben despite the fact that she doesn't have Ben's success rate.

• Love 1
4 hours ago, TenaciousWarrior said:

EJ was a scumbag and no one is letting him skate for that. But the fact Failure went after married father Austin and drugged him. Then Carries sister Sami’s fiancé and father of her children, purposely cultivated a friendship with Sami and babysitting gig after the affair started, was pretentious to Sami about art, education & class while riding her man’s dack, fat shamed Sami and slapped her in her own home. Gross!!!! It’s pathological twisted behavior where she’s obsessed w married men and putting down and/or competing w women. And all the while pretending she’s on some moral or talent or looks high ground. 

giphy.gif?cid=8fc3c8975d2d1a3745384e3941

• Love 8
1 hour ago, Petunia13 said:

EJ was a scumbag and no one is letting him skate for that. But the fact Failure went after married father Austin and drugged him. Then Carries sister Sami’s fiancé and father of her children, purposely cultivated a friendship with Sami and babysitting gig after the affair started, was pretentious to Sami about art, education & class while riding her man’s dack, fat shamed Sami and slapped her in her own home. Gross!!!! It’s pathological twisted behavior where she’s obsessed w married men and putting down and/or competing w women. And all the while pretending she’s on some moral or talent or looks high ground. 

Oh yes, Petunia13, yesyesyesYES.  

EJ was a turd, but Abigail was that plus a duplicitous obnoxious ass.

It's her go-to look.

• Love 5

So it is move the story along day today.

Eli, no one will care if you and Lani get married. Not like anyone else is on the viable canvas for you. It's sweet to ask her father, but she is an adult and can make her own choices.

Of course no one notices that Xander has never met Stefan. Hope Xander sings like a canary. Gabi seems to have picked up a few Salem Brain cells and is putting two and two together regarding Nicole, What do Kate and Ted have to lose by exposing that Kristen is pretending to be Nicole?

Eric and Brady still don't see Nicole as being odd, although her making a move on Brady should be a red flag.

• Love 5
2 hours ago, Petunia13 said:

Austin wasn't a father back then not that it makes it better I'm just pointing it out. It was when Carrie/Austin left town did Carrie mention she and Austin were having a baby.

• Love 1
10 minutes ago, Frozendiva said:

So it is move the story along day today.

Eli, no one will care if you and Lani get married. Not like anyone else is on the viable canvas for you. It's sweet to ask her father, but she is an adult and can make her own choices.

Of course no one notices that Xander has never met Stefan. Hope Xander sings like a canary. Gabi seems to have picked up a few Salem Brain cells and is putting two and two together regarding Nicole, What do Kate and Ted have to lose by exposing that Kristen is pretending to be Nicole?

Eric and Brady still don't see Nicole as being odd, although her making a move on Brady should be a red flag.

It would've been refreshing if Eli had asked Lani's mother but then the show would have to care about these characters beyond tokens etc if this wedding comes to pass I doubt we'll see her mom. 

Everyone is dumbed down to move stupid plots its why everyone is pretty terrible on this show except Kayla at this point because she's barely on.

• Love 3

Kristin needs a new dress. 

Only Abe notices how odd Nicole is acting. 

Brady has been very likable lately. 

Gabi is falling for Stephan and she is going to have a broken heart again. 

Kate, Ted and Kristin plan doesn’t seem like a good one. 

• Love 6
5 hours ago, tribeca said:

Only Abe notices how odd Nicole is acting

It's funny but yesterday I just randomly rewatched the quick scene where Abe is outside the pub and sees Nicole crying over Holly's death and comforts her. I'm pretty sure neither actor in that moment had any clue that Nicole was supposed to really be Kristen. They played it so genuinely.

I'm really surprised that Ron isn't using this time with Fake Nicole to pair Eric up with Sarah. I thought the whole point of having Nicole push him away was so that Eric would run into Sarah's arms and they would get serious just in time for the real Nicole to show up. Instead, Sarah is married to Rex...and still kind of flirting with Xander? When are she and Eric going to become a thing? I just want this over with already.

(I haven't watched much lately so I can only assume she's kind-of sort-of flirting with Xander. It's possible she's not at all but you know what I mean about them being paired up)

• Love 5

I wonder how Kristen's silicone lips feel when they're kissed.

That black stripey outfit Eve is working looks like a test pattern.  It makes my eyes hurt.

There was no reaction to Kate finding out that Rex and Sarah got married while she was being kidnapped?

• Love 5

This whole blaming Stefan thing is a REALLY dumb plan.  Are they setting it up so Gabi finds a way to prove he's innocent and he then falls in love with her?

6 minutes ago, Silver Raven said:

I wonder how Kristen's silicone lips feel when they're kissed.

Seriously, Bonehead Brady can't tell the difference between Kristen and Nicole or real lips vs. a mask?  But then again, neither could Eric when she first came back.  Either way I'm really ready for this whole Kristen as Nicole thing to be done.

• Love 7
26 minutes ago, DaphneCat said:

Seriously, Bonehead Brady can't tell the difference between Kristen and Nicole or real lips vs. a mask?  But then again, neither could Eric when she first came back.  

They're lucky it's those two because I find it easy to believe they wouldn't know the difference lol.

I found this ep boring. I skipped so much of it. I'm just SO over the Kristen-as-Nicole situation and I get more and more bored by Gabi/Stefan with each ep. Sigh.

• LOL 2
  • Love 5

Would be funny if Abe is the one that figures the whole thing out and it would be surprising for once.

Putting that aside of course this mask story would be terrible Ron doesn't know how to write a story just plot points for shock value and nothing really happens of lasting consequence.

Also not surprising that some are finding Stabi fading fast there's no much there substance wise. I think the actors have chemistry but the dialogue/writing is .. off and something about this is just forced to me.

• Love 3
4 hours ago, peachmangosteen said:

They're lucky it's those two because I find it easy to believe they wouldn't know the difference lol.

I found this ep boring. I skipped so much of it. I'm just SO over the Kristen-as-Nicole situation and I get more and more bored by Gabi/Stefan with each ep. Sigh.

I can't understand why this guy continues to keep going with the wacky, over the top stuff. We just had that with the Bonnie and Hattie crap. It's too much! Ugh!

• Love 5

Xander is the man with the mask? Where is he going to hide it? In his box? Does it uh, erm, um, smell? Was it made from dead people or just silicone?

I agree that setting up Stefan is stupid. Nothing ties him to kidnapping Ted or Kate or stuffing them in the wine cellar.

Sarah and Rex - if Eric wants to leave town, let him. Sign the papers to sublet his apartment and let him go.

Eve, you will be going down soon. Your power position isn't going to last. Maybe Xander will put the mask in your property.

• LOL 2
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, Sidney said:

I can't understand why this guy continues to keep going with the wacky, over the top stuff. We just had that with the Bonnie and Hattie crap. It's too much! Ugh!

Ron only knows camp and tricks he used over and over from his time at both OLTL and GH, namely villains in masks [Faison as Duke on GH] and DID. Again and again and again and again and...

• LOL 1
  • Love 5
30 minutes ago, WendyCR72 said:

Ron only knows camp and tricks he used over and over from his time at both OLTL and GH, namely villains in masks [Faison as Duke on GH] and DID. Again and again and again and again and...

And they wonder why people are tuning out. SMH.

• Love 7

I'm really bored with Show currently.  Brandon Barash was the only person onscreen today I had any interest in.  The minute I saw Eric I actually groaned.  Why can't someone lock HIM in the basement?

There's no excuse for TIIC to be treating this show so badly.

• Love 19

Taking Kristen's mask may have been the smartest move Xander has made.  Not that this is saying much — he’s an idiot and all — but that’ll trap the ‘psycho with one red dress’.  

• LOL 3
  • Love 6
14 hours ago, SueB said:

Taking Kristen's mask may have been the smartest move Xander has made.  Not that this is saying much — he’s an idiot and all — but that’ll trap the ‘psycho with one red dress’.  

She finally found a new dress! She was wearing a black one today. I guess the red one finally got too rank to wear.

• LOL 3
  • Love 3