Type keyword(s) to search

Current Plots Discussion: Actually Today's Episode

Message added by scarynikki12

Spoilers are not allowed in this thread. Period. Any posts that include spoilers (and casting information qualifies) will be removed. There are several other threads that allow spoilers so take that discussion to one of them.

• Start Topic

11 hours ago, kitmerlot1213 said:

... I also think CM is doing a great job with Will.  I loved his look of confusion when he realized that he said something hurtful to Marlena--nicely done to all three of the actors.

I agree. CM is doing the best work he's done in awhile. He usually looks like he would rather be anywhere else doing anything else lol.

• Love 6

They don't waste any time between the election and the swearing-in, do they?

Is Claire channeling Bruce Banner?

About time there was an Eve/Ben confrontation.

I did have to laugh at Jennifer interrupting their "private meeting" and Jennifer pointing out they're in a public place.

Did JJ and Haley board the UFO that Rex and Cassie came out of?

Claire's planning on burning down the entire apartment building, huh?

• LOL 1
  • Love 5
20 hours ago, Petunia13 said:

I said I think Jack and Nicole might be impersonators or clones. But Xander is obviously an imposter as well, he’s worn a shirt several days in a row...I smell bullshit masked with patchouli. 

@howmanywords I could see Days lasting longer as a websoap as Corday wants or through an app. And then possibly syndicated. The international community really likes US soaps, but has limited access. Only B&B really syndicates itself internationally and even then it’s minor, but it does insane ratings. I think Corday was pissed off that Sony/NBC won’t do that or allow him to do it since it’s waving bye to millions a year. 

Rex and Sarah are as big of a farce as Rafe and Hope. Professional educated adults in committed relationships that get jealous over who talked to who and have secret crushes and ask babyish questions. Neither Rex or Sarah are shitty characters, they just are boring and dysfunctional together. 

I could see that too but didn't they try that with AMC and OLTL and it bombed? Not really sure if Days has that going for them.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, CanaryFan98 said:

I could see that too but didn't they try that with AMC and OLTL and it bombed? Not really sure if Days has that going for them.

I don't know if DOOL would work (although I've often wondered how telenovela-like shows in English would do on a streaming service). 

But I do think AMC and OLTL would have fared better on the Disney+ where it wouldn't have had to switch production companies.  Prospect Park just didn't have the juice or experience to sustain this.

• Love 4

I am not a doctor but Claire comes across as Bi-polar....one minute she is hysterical, yelling at Eve & acting manic & then she goes back to the apartment & grovels in front of Tripp, being all meek & contrite, and then when he leaves, she goes "Crazytown" again, attempting to set fire to his clothes!   I did like the confrontation scene between Eve & Ben...well done by both Robert & Kassie.

• Useful 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 4

Speculation: Claire will be written off the show as having a mental illness and sent to a mental hospital after she kills Tripp. Her parents will usher her out.

If Days sticks around Claire can be redeemed like the others before her and act as if its no big deal. Course I don't think the show cares about Claire to go through that effort.

• LOL 1
  • Love 3
20 minutes ago, CanaryFan98 said:

That's the thing who would back Days?

I mean Sony is as big as its going to get for them.

There are a lot of streaming services looking to be launched.  Sony might launch its own but even if they don't, I am pretty sure Comcast/NBC Universal is planning to soonish.  While what they'd have on there would likely be properties they own, they might license at first, like Netflix does, to boost their library.

• Love 2

Eve and Ben did have a nice go at it today. Well-done by both.

Eve as Police Commissioner? She has qualifications for that sort of job or just hates Hope et al? And speaking of hating Hope, maybe she should have a chat with her about her granddaughter - Eve being not the nice person she is, should still have been tipped off by a number of red flags for help that Claire is exhibiting. She doesn't have to tell on her, but maybe ask Hope to ask Belle or Shawn to call Claire or visit for a bit.

How unfortunate that Ben walked in on Claire after she put an accelerant on Tripp's clothing. He can probably smell it and figure out her plans. And start to put two and two together about the cabin fire.

Lani, your lies are coming out and of course you are at the door.

Usually there is a week or two between election and swearing in of the new Mayor.

JJ, you are a noble sort but why are you giving up so much for a woman you don't really know? Just some desire to rescue people?

• LOL 1
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, CanaryFan98 said:

That's the thing who would back Days?

I mean Sony is as big as its going to get for them.

His lawsuit against Sony is based on them being cheap. I can’t help but think he’s comparing his show to Bradley Bell’s B&B which makes millions off syndication abroad and which he has said he wants to move off CBS to online streaming since he will make even more. Youtube is trying to push youtube red and Netflix and Hulu have streaming shows so I mean it’s not far fetched that soaps would try it. If they packaged it with all the classic old episodes remastered they’d sell like hot cakes. 

I was glad to see Eve slap the shit out of Ben. Finally something real. I liked seeing Jack show some concern and sensitivity for once (to her, which she needed). 

Since when has Rafe cared about following rules? 🤔🤔🤔He and Hope have been more often unprofessional and biased than not. 

JJ is so desperate, it’s cringe.

• LOL 1
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, Frozendiva said:

Lani, please go home or back to work.  She's always at Rafe's house.  Jeez!  

• LOL 4
  • Love 1
(edited)
2 hours ago, Frozendiva said:

Eve and Ben did have a nice go at it today. Well-done by both.

Eve as Police Commissioner? She has qualifications for that sort of job or just hates Hope et al? And speaking of hating Hope, maybe she should have a chat with her about her granddaughter - Eve being not the nice person she is, should still have been tipped off by a number of red flags for help that Claire is exhibiting. She doesn't have to tell on her, but maybe ask Hope to ask Belle or Shawn to call Claire or visit for a bit.

How unfortunate that Ben walked in on Claire after she put an accelerant on Tripp's clothing. He can probably smell it and figure out her plans. And start to put two and two together about the cabin fire.

Usually there is a week or two between election and swearing in of the new Mayor.

JJ, you are a noble sort but why are you giving up so much for a woman you don't really know? Just some desire to rescue people?

Eve/Ben is a year too late for dramatic impact it falls flat now which is a shame because its a storyline that makes sense for her.

See if Claire set Ben and Tripp on fire she'd solve both problems....

I also hate that JJ was ever reformed to begin with he worked best as a messy bad boy making him into some cookie cutter nice guy loser is such a waste. 

As I think Casey Moss is too talented an actor to be playing some Pollyanna character.

The only way they could've salvaged this story is if JJ sees this chick as a Paige substitute and that he's trying to save her because he failed Paige. Would be a nice character driven storyline but we can't have that on this show.

Edited by CanaryFan98
  • LOL 1
  • Love 3

Eve slapping Ben could introduce each episode and I'd be happy.

Gotta love the how incredulous Ben was at Ciara forgiving Claire for messing up Ciara's relationship with Tripp when he's annoyed Salem won't let go of his little habit of serial murder.  What a guy!

• LOL 7
  • Love 9
2 hours ago, boes said:

Gotta love the how incredulous Ben was at Ciara forgiving Claire for messing up Ciara's relationship with Tripp when he's annoyed Salem won't let go of his little habit of serial murder.  What a guy!

💯

• Love 6

I love Claire lol. ORK is just killing this. Every time Claire has a scene with Tripp I'm just like, "Kill him!" What an asshole. I mean, sure, Claire has gone way off the deep end, but Tripp is such a dick so I don't feel bad for him. I am super looking forward to the Ben/Claire scenes today. I enjoy them together.

I skipped all the JJ/Haley scenes. What an awful, boring story. Why is JJ doing this? It makes no sense.

I personally enjoy Eve and Jack, but honestly I don't know how TPTB thought this was gonna be a story anyone liked. We need to move on soon.

I still like Lani/Rafe. I don't even know!

• LOL 1
  • Love 3
2 hours ago, peachmangosteen said:

I still like Lani/Rafe. I don't even know!

They just seem more natural together.  Sort of like two equals where one isn't constantly trying to "win" the other or "make up" for something.  With Hope Rafe was always going to be unworthy in some way.  I'm not a big Rafe fan but I'm really sick of no one ever being good enough for the holy Horton princess.  Lani doesn't seem to have chemistry with either Eli or JJ but somehow seems less wooden with Rafe.

• Love 8
(edited)
On 5/20/2019 at 11:50 PM, boes said:

I agree.  I like Arianne Zucker but today is the first time I enjoyed Nicole, real or fake, since her return.  And Zander.  They both played well off each other.

Suzanne Rogers was fantastic today, just fantastic.  She's right but she's also falling apart, that scene were she called Kate and accused her of gaslighting her was really good.  Lauren Koslow, John Aniston, JH and DH also, all of them made today's episode good from beginning to end.

Oh, we had Blockhead and Moopie sitting on a bench at the Square, feeling sorry for each other and themselves but thankfully, not much of either one.  Sarah was fine and though I know I'm a Party of One in this regard, Rex was fine too.

Good start to the week.

Totally agree about Suzanne Rogers. She’s been doing an amazing job.

Also agree about Casey Moss and Chandler Massey. 

Chandler plays vulnerable really well imo, always has.

Moss is a natural actor. Didn’t he start Days very young and inexperienced? I think he was scarcely more than a kid who had done some modeling. 

Edited by RealHousewife
  • LOL 1
  • Love 8
11 hours ago, boes said:

I am having such a difficult time with Ben's sneering disdain for Claire.  He killed three people and attempted to kill a fourth but he's thinks he can look down his nose at Claire's being upset and angry over Tripp?  And he also conspired with Claire to break apart Tripp and Ciara but he's somehow a good guy while Claire shouldn't be trusted?  He wants all of these second chances because he's changed but he won't give anyone else the benefit of the doubt.  And we all know Eve's being the head of the police department will just be one drawn out attack on Ben where he will be victimized and then vindicated.

This Lani/Ben dilemma is throwing me off--I'm not a fan of Ben and cringe at the idea of a serial killer bonding with his baby nephew but I freakin' HATE Lani and anything that causes her unhappiness makes me glad, so GO Ciara!!  I hope Baby David prefers Ben over Rafe :)

JJ and Haley are cringe inducing, especially JJ's constantly going on about what horrible person his dad is and that he has no right to ruin Haley's life after all of the things he's done.  Jack's being a rapist and Haley being an illegal immigrant are two separate issues.

• Love 2
(edited)
2 hours ago, kitmerlot1213 said:

I am having such a difficult time with Ben's sneering disdain for Claire.  He killed three people and attempted to kill a fourth but he's thinks he can look down his nose at Claire's being upset and angry over Tripp?  And he also conspired with Claire to break apart Tripp and Ciara but he's somehow a good guy while Claire shouldn't be trusted?  He wants all of these second chances because he's changed but he won't give anyone else the benefit of the doubt.  And we all know Eve's being the head of the police department will just be one drawn out attack on Ben where he will be victimized and then vindicated.

This Lani/Ben dilemma is throwing me off--I'm not a fan of Ben and cringe at the idea of a serial killer bonding with his baby nephew but I freakin' HATE Lani and anything that causes her unhappiness makes me glad, so GO Ciara!!  I hope Baby David prefers Ben over Rafe 🙂

JJ and Haley are cringe inducing, especially JJ's constantly going on about what horrible person his dad is and that he has no right to ruin Haley's life after all of the things he's done.  Jack's being a rapist and Haley being an illegal immigrant are two separate issues.

IRL no one would want anything to do with a serial killer, but I think for a soap, we are supposed to still feel for Ben because he has shown he has changed and people keep believing the worst of him.

They’ve destroyed Claire as a character imo. I’m sure they’ll bring the character back to the good side at some point, but it sure is taking forever. 

Much as I can’t stand her, I don’t blame Eve one bit for her disdain of Ben. Sick or not, he murdered her young, innocent daughter. 

I don’t mind JJ bringing up Jack’s past. He has some nerve going after Abe when he is a rapist, and I’d much rather have a young nurse whose only crime is being an illegal immigrant than a rapist in my community. Eve is also a coldhearted tramp. Can’t stand them. 

Edited by RealHousewife
  • Love 9
1 hour ago, tribeca said:

Hope should have been fired a long time ago.

I know this is a soap and we're supposed to suspend belief but COME ON SHOW.  You can't cuff a witness.  If they are avoiding a subpoena, possibly, but the fact that he was there and they suspect he knows something is NOT grounds to arrest and/or cuff him.  Just like Eli asking him yesterday what that phone call was about.  Tripp had every right to say it was a personal, unrelated phone call and none of his business.

Hope REALLY should have been fired a long time ago if this is how she runs an investigation.

1 hour ago, kitmerlot1213 said:

And we all know Eve's being the head of the police department will just be one drawn out attack on Ben where he will be victimized and then vindicated.

This!  They are really going out of their way to make Ben look like a poor little innocent person.  We really don't need to get hit on the head that hard.

On another note, why have they been doing Kassie's make-up so red these last few days?  Hope everything is OK with her.

• Love 6

Hope throwing around threats when she isn't even a cop any more.

Those clothes are sure blend-in style, JJ and Haley.  And who would EVER think to look on Smith Island?

It might be a good idea for Ben not to touch that lighter and get his fingerprints on it.

Who keeps stocking the Smith Island cabin with food?

Claire is definitely bipolar.

• Love 4
7 hours ago, RealHousewife said:

Totally agree about Suzanne Rogers. She’s been doing an amazing job.

Also agree about Casey Moss and Chandler Massey. 

Chandler plays vulnerable really well imo, always has.

Moss is a natural actor. Didn’t he start Days very young and inexperienced? I think he was scarcely more than a kid who had done some modeling. 

Yes Moss was a model he also is a musician Days was his first ever acting gig. I do think that he could actually go far if he left Days but I think he likes the steady work.

• Love 3
12 minutes ago, CanaryFan98 said:

Yes Moss was a model he also is a musician Days was his first ever acting gig. I do think that he could actually go far if he left Days but I think he likes the steady work.

He is a natural talent. I don't blame him for enjoying the steady work. Days is really not a bad gig for an actor. 

• Love 7

It just surprising he stuck around all this time and never left once others around him have and a lot of them came back full time afterwards.

Course its not as if JJ gets a lot of airtime/story focus(although he is lately) compared to Abby and others in recent years. He's done a couple indie films. I just would like to watch him in something that's actually well written.

• Love 3

Hey Ciara, guess WHO ELSE has no business discussing whether or not Ben should be allowed to see his nephew.  YOU, that's who.  Lani, at least, has been taking care of the kid while your only claim to meddling rights is your stchupping his uncle.  Back off, preferably over a cliff.  

Tripp is reminding me more and more of a really snotty garden gnome with the way he treats Claire. 

giphy.gif

Oh Tripp, you're not as hot as you think as you are.

But you might be, real soon, now that Claire has her lighter back!

I'm trying to think of how Eve could abuse her power harrassing Ben that would bother me........nope, I got nothin', go for it.

Wasn't it wonderful to hear JJ tell Haley yet again how horribly her life has been turned upside down, how unfair she's being treated, that it's awful that a delicate flower like herself isn't worshiped the way he and Tripp think she should be.  And it's equally heartwarming to see her oh-so-graciously agree that she really IS all that.  

I hope she chokes on her weenies and beans.  

I'm surprised, when she indicated she might not like them that she didn't send JJ out to get something better but I guess she decided to rough it for one night.

I don't think she should be deported, I think she should be sent on a long, very long, world-wide tour so all of the globe can bask in her specialness.  Give her a sash and a crown and send her on her way.

• LOL 5
  • Love 10

How convenient that the cabin just had canned beans and wienies. You would think someone would leave maybe a couple of cans of soup and maybe a canned ham or other meat. The sink blowing up was just a way to get JJ out of his shirt. Still have no idea what he sees in Haley.The rea

So the Mayor can be like a King and appoint a police commissioner/captain? Not where I am. Usually it is a cross-country candidate search. Eve is not objective, has zero police knowledge, and has too much of an agenda for Salemites. No, Tripp just can't be arrested because he was at the motel room. Hope is not a cop any more, and they have no cause to bring him in for questioning.

Claire covered her tracks except for Ben smelling the chemicals/accelerant. Not many folks would just dump someone's laundry/clothing in the hall.

Lani also did a nice job of covering her tracks. She does not get a say if Ben sees his nephew.  It can be for a half hour that is supervised by a cop or social worker. Not like he gets to take him to the park and play with him.

• Love 2
45 minutes ago, Frozendiva said:

How convenient that the cabin just had canned beans and wienies. You would think someone would leave maybe a couple of cans of soup and maybe a canned ham or other meat. The sink blowing up was just a way to get JJ out of his shirt. Still have no idea what he sees in Haley.The rea

Well its not as if JJ has a lot of options. He's either related to other females or been with everyone else that he's not related to. 

I rather have him hook up with Eve again honestly the story is right there but Jack walks in on it this time. Its the soapy mess that we deserve but no we get this.... 

I would've even gone for a friends with benefits arrangement between him and Chloe but alas the show doesn't listen to me.

• LOL 3
  • Love 2
11 hours ago, boes said:

Oh Tripp, you're not as hot as you think as you are.

But you might be, real soon, now that Claire has her lighter back!

I'm trying to think of how Eve could abuse her power harrassing Ben that would bother me........nope, I got nothin', go for it.

Wasn't it wonderful to hear JJ tell Haley yet again how horribly her life has been turned upside down, how unfair she's being treated, that it's awful that a delicate flower like herself isn't worshiped the way he and Tripp think she should be.  And it's equally heartwarming to see her oh-so-graciously agree that she really IS all that.  

I hope she chokes on her weenies and beans.  

I'm surprised, when she indicated she might not like them that she didn't send JJ out to get something better but I guess she decided to rough it for one night.

I don't think she should be deported, I think she should be sent on a long, very long, world-wide tour so all of the globe can bask in her specialness.  Give her a sash and a crown and send her on her way.

IMO, it's too bad the plotting made a mess out of the Tripp character before Steve returns to slap some sense into him.

And argh, Haley! You passive little flower. Let's hope JJ didn't check the best-before dates on those cans of beans.

And, Haley, take the world tour option, dear. Canada doesn't want you. At all.

• Love 3
13 minutes ago, Harmony233 said:

Lol I love them.

Stefan should be pursuing Gabi instead of the other way around. We have enough of that shit with Claire and Sarah!

• Love 2

I enjoy the hell outta Gabi/Stefan, but I do agree that it'd be much better if Stefan was the one going after her. And I wish she wasn't gonna fall for him. But whatever, I'll enjoy it for what it is until it ends in a horrible manner and I end up hating them both lol.

• LOL 3
  • Love 5
1 hour ago, peachmangosteen said:

I enjoy the hell outta Gabi/Stefan, but I do agree that it'd be much better if Stefan was the one going after her. And I wish she wasn't gonna fall for him. But whatever, I'll enjoy it for what it is until it ends in a horrible manner and I end up hating them both lol.

Question is why would she fall for him.  It is not just that he framed her for prison and a beating because he treat her like krap now.

• Love 4

I think the actors have chemistry and there's potential there if written well but alas its not.

Nothing about this show really is. 

I mean I'm supposed to find Gabi badass in all of this and yet she's throwing herself at a man who doesn't care about her beyond an easy lay and that let her go to prison. Also doesn't help the show glosses over what Stefan has done. Until that's confronted this will fade fast.

Which is why at this point chemistry between the actors means very little if the story isn't there or capitalizes on the chemistry between the actors. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 7

A thousand days of love in a 25 year marriage is just over 3 years' worth. What did Doug and Julie do for the other 22?

Maggie's dress was nice. Nicole's looked more like going to dinner black dress. The red dress was wildly inappropriate.

Brady isn't a bit suspicious about Nicole's behavior and interest in him? And maligning Eric as much as she can?

At least Victor got to sit in a new chair today.

Gabi, your plan may blow up in your face. And seriously, you left those super-high pumps on at the DiMera mansion? No one ever takes their shoes off?

• LOL 2
14 hours ago, peachmangosteen said:

That's how these things usually go, lol. 

Some May sweeps, right? I'm FF'ing more than watching right now. Lani/Rafe? Next. Ben/Ciara? Ugh. Anything to do with Hope or Eric? Nope. JJ and Hayley I watch just out of loyalty to Casey Moss, I think, who has become one of my favorites. Still holding out hope for some Jack and Jennifer stuff now that Eve has her hands full with Ben-revenge. Gabi and Stefan are fun but only as it relates to Chloe. Eh, I don't know. It feels like they've all just given up. 

• Love 4
12 hours ago, Frozendiva said:

A thousand days of love in a 25 year marriage is just over 3 years' worth. What did Doug and Julie do for the other 22?

Maggie's dress was nice. Nicole's looked more like going to dinner black dress. The red dress was wildly inappropriate.

Brady isn't a bit suspicious about Nicole's behavior and interest in him? And maligning Eric as much as she can?

At least Victor got to sit in a new chair today.

Gabi, your plan may blow up in your face. And seriously, you left those super-high pumps on at the DiMera mansion? No one ever takes their shoes off?

Loved your post, FrozenDiva, but that sentence about Victor is especially hilarious!

• LOL 2
  • Love 1

Dammit, I was waiting for Gabi to respond to Chloe's "Was it good for you, too?" with "Yeah, it was great."

When has Brady ever turned down what a woman was offering?

Don't medical records indicate the date and time that they were modified?

I wonder how Kristen gets all of that hair up under that mask.

• Love 6
40 minutes ago, Retired at last said:

What is so stupid to me is that Xander had an exact replica of the folder, all forms and even the file naming convention all set in his backpack to switch out the autopsy report - how ridiculous! 

Very good point.  He must be a very steady Kinko's customer.

And if Xander is so meticulous with all of his nefarious deeds, then isn't he really the perfect guy to run Victor's company?  He's more like Victor than the idiot grandson could ever be.

• LOL 1
  • Love 14
2 hours ago, Silver Raven said:

Dammit, I was waiting for Gabi to respond to Chloe's "Was it good for you, too?" with "Yeah, it was great."

When has Brady ever turned down what a woman was offering?

Don't medical records indicate the date and time that they were modified?

I wonder how Kristen gets all of that hair up under that mask.

Brady turned down two women last year.

Theresa when she was trying to get him into bed twice.

Kristen after the Jarlena wedding.

• Love 2
4 minutes ago, CanaryFan98 said:

I'd forgotten that!

But I see Brady as less of a horndog - that's our Rexie! - and more of a serial monogamist.

• Love 9
8 minutes ago, boes said:

I'd forgotten that!

But I see Brady as less of a horndog - that's our Rexie! - and more of a serial monogamist.

Yeah I don't think Brady has ever cheated on any of his women despite him being a hobag when he's with a woman he's all in.

• Love 3
3 hours ago, CanaryFan98 said:

But he still slept with Kristen even if it was for reasons.

• Love 3

Brady calming Maggie down was touching. 

Rex remains so unflappable and easy going even in his confrontation with Xander 😂 

Stefan’s excuses to Chloe did him no favors. “Sometimes passion is too much...there’s a thin line between love and hate.” Um, telling the girl you’re trying to get with and placate, that the one she found you banging you’re overwhelmed w lust for and may have deep seating loving thoughts is super stupid. The cherry on the sundae was that it was during her adoptive daughters funeral. 

They weren’t an official committed couple by any means but he was courting her and presenting a devoted image. 

• Love 11