Type keyword(s) to search

Current Plots Discussion: Actually Today's Episode

Message added by scarynikki12

Spoilers are not allowed in this thread. Period. Any posts that include spoilers (and casting information qualifies) will be removed. There are several other threads that allow spoilers so take that discussion to one of them.

• Start Topic

24 minutes ago, Silver Raven said:

What is Hope grateful to Chad for?  He had nothing to do with finding Ciara.

He suggested checking the cabin when Ben mentioned Jordan framing him. I saw some folks salty on twitter that Chad wasn't getting enough accolades for his help and that Chabby was having their cabin reunion ripped off by Cin. 

I was just glad Ciara asked Ted why he was there cause I wanted to know too. 

• Love 3
26 minutes ago, Chick2Chic said:

I was just glad Ciara asked Ted why he was there cause I wanted to know too

LOL.  I'm sure a lot of viewers were asking that!   I mean, I'm glad we didn't have a romantic Rope date to stomach, and I really hope that means Rope is on its last legs, but Ted following Hope around is ridiculous. 

• Love 2
3 hours ago, Chick2Chic said:

I guess but I don't see why Ben should care about Chad's relationship with Abby. Chad certainly didn't care about Ben's relationship with Abby when he was screwing Abby while she was Ben's gf/fiancee. 

He shouldn't.  My point was about Ben and how put upon he has acted that people might not trust him or think well of him.  It carried over into his scenes with Chad and the others I've mentioned.  If they're long time enemies, then why would he expect Chad to give him a job?  Why is Chad not sacrificing things he cared about to keep Stefan's henchman around make Ben the victim in that situation?

It's not about Ben giving a damn about any of them; it's about self-awareness.  More along the lines of what he showed today, actually.

5 hours ago, TeeVee329 said:

The writing in the Rex/Sarah/Eric scenes today made me annoyed with Eric and Sarah and sympathetic to Rex.

I can see that.  But then Rex had to the "oh what are you doing all alone pretty lady on Valentine's Day" schtick and I felt less sorry for him.

Edited by Irlandesa
  • Love 3
7 minutes ago, WendyCR72 said:

I figured out all of the smoosh names (HATE THOSE!) except one: Who the hell are "Magic" supposed to be?

Maggie and Victor.

1 hour ago, Irlandesa said:

My point was about Ben and how put upon he has acted that people might not trust him or think well of him.  It carried over into his scenes with Chad and the others I've mentioned.  If they're long time enemies, then why would he expect Chad to give him a job?  Why is Chad not sacrificing things he cared about to keep Stefan's henchman around make Ben the victim in that situation?

But that wasn't the issue nor the original argument. That wasn't even an issue in the story. Ben was already going to quit. Chad pulled the trigger faster in firing him after running back to the mansion to play CEO with Stefan under arrest. Anywho, it is being posited that everyone else is always in the right even when they are wrong or have done wrong but only Ben should be found wrong. So we are definitely going to not agree on this topic, especially if it is to make Chad seem like he is anything other than ain't shit.

1 hour ago, Irlandesa said:

It's not about Ben giving a damn about any of them; it's about self-awareness

I guess it is tough for Ben to be the only person in Salem without self-awareness or called out for not having it. 

2 hours ago, buffynut said:

LOL.  I'm sure a lot of viewers were asking that!   I mean, I'm glad we didn't have a romantic Rope date to stomach, and I really hope that means Rope is on its last legs, but Ted following Hope around is ridiculous

It was just great to see it in dialogue. I thought it was just going to be glossed over like so many other things.

Anywho, the promo for next week has dropped. 😶

• Love 2

Um Lauren Koslow/Kate is 65 👀 

Like 5 people praised and genuflected in front of Ben today. He’s on the road to Danville. 

Ciara shouldn’t feel like she owes him for doing what is right. If you think someone is in a fire or being held by a killer imo one should act. 

Failure’s hair and clothes are sup unfortunate. The Chabby reunion is rushed. It’s not believable for one thing Chad is single right now. Also she just got done telling him he was the biggest piece of shit ever for believing her serious personality disorder relapse which she engineered was authentic. What an asshole to find her scheme convincing and/or take mental illness seriously. 

Rex may be basic and have wandering penis syndrome but he still had a much more lighthearted, affable and self aware personality than Sarah and Eric. He has this “niceness” and presentness in his scenes that that is refreshing. I’m vegan but why was I triggered by all that dessert talk?? 😂

Not sure what I think of the Rafe and Kate stuff. He’s way too boring for Kate but I’ve about had it with him and Hope -  he ass pats her worst behavior. Kate looks gorgeous and hasn’t had a good story in while. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 7
15 hours ago, peachmangosteen said:

But seriously with Ted, what is the point of him? They took a fun character and turned him into this boring nothingness. 

Yes, I liked that he was only in it for the  money and didn't really even pretend to have a lot of redeeming qualities.  And it was really fun that he would somehow find out everyone's secrets and call them all out for their hypocrisy.  Now all he does is chase after Hope and tell her she is doing the right thing when she clearly is not.  He's lost all his edge and has apparently contracted the same disease everyone else in Salem has - terminal sanctimony!

• Love 6
On 2/14/2019 at 3:09 AM, MsTree said:

No, because was only meant as a jab, and more importantly, a soap is not reality.

It doesn't matter.  It makes a racial insult "okay" in everyday life to those watching.  Just a 'jab'?  It's a racist comment.  Now IF another character had called out Stefan and said 'what is WRONG with you?' THEN it would be appropriate social commentary*.  If Gabi does it, it just means that the victim of the insult is defending herself.  Not as impactful.  

Background racism IS realistic.  But it shouldn't be tolerated.  And shows should send the message that it ISN'T acceptable.  Now in this particular scene there was no one there to call Stefan out on it.  Which means it 'stands' as 'normal'. Not cool.  Not necessary.  It subliminally reinforces that those kind of insults are okay.  They are not.  

When it comes out of an old asshole like Victor, someone usually calls him on it.  So while it's expected, it's not usually tolerated.  But Stefan?  He's a rapist but they are also selling his story as more tragic than evil.  In which case, casual racism is NOT a quality you want.  Not unless you are going to make it clear that he is condemned for his behavior.

*No, the soaps do NOT have to make appropriate social commentary.  On the other hand, if they perpetuate casual racism?  That's just wrong and they should stop that shit.  Right now.  See, they didn't HAVE to put that insult in there.  They choose to.  And they let it "stand".  That's over the line IMO. 

• Love 8
3 minutes ago, SueB said:

It doesn't matter.  It makes a racial insult "okay" in everyday life to those watching.  Just a 'jab'?  It's a racist comment.  Now IF another character had called out Stefan and said 'what is WRONG with you?' THEN it would be appropriate social commentary*.  If Gabi does it, it just means that the victim of the insult is defending herself.  Not as impactful.  

Background racism IS realistic.  But it shouldn't be tolerated.  And shows should send the message that it ISN'T acceptable.  Now in this particular scene there was no one there to call Stefan out on it.  Which means it 'stands' as 'normal'. Not cool.  Not necessary.  It subliminally reinforces that those kind of insults are okay.  They are not.  

When it comes out of an old asshole like Victor, someone usually calls him on it.  So while it's expected, it's not usually tolerated.  But Stefan?  He's a rapist but they are also selling his story as more tragic than evil.  In which case, casual racism is NOT a quality you want.  Not unless you are going to make it clear that he is condemned for his behavior.

*No, the soaps do NOT have to make appropriate social commentary.  On the other hand, if they perpetuate casual racism?  That's just wrong and they should stop that shit.  Right now.  See, they didn't HAVE to put that insult in there.  They choose to.  And they let it "stand".  That's over the line IMO. 

SueB, we'll just have to agree to disagree because I don't see it the same way as you do. In fact, I think that a lot of folks are WAY too sensitive about these insults. It's like they're actually looking for stuff to be offended by...dissecting every damn sentence so they can cry racism. To me, it's like picking flies out of horseshit.

• Love 2
On 2/14/2019 at 6:35 PM, peachmangosteen said:

Oh and also, I feel like it was a bad choice to have Ben holding Ciara's throat throughout the post-rescue scenes lol.

THIS!  x1000  It creeped me out.  

• Love 3
2 minutes ago, MsTree said:

SueB, we'll just have to agree to disagree because I don't see it the same way as you do. In fact, I think that a lot of folks are WAY too sensitive about these insults. It's like they're actually looking for stuff to be offended by...dissecting every damn sentence so they can cry racism. To me, it's like picking flies out of horseshit.

Happy to agree to disagree.  But I'll offer one bit of insight:

ij0MJnt.jpg

Do you see the arrow in the FEDEX logo?  If yes, great.  If not, look again.  It's between the 'E' and the 'x'.  Its the whitespace in between.  See it?  If so, you'll NEVER unsee it again.  For me, personally, that's what seeing casual racism is like.  Once you see it, you can't unsee it. So I resist it. Every. Single. Time.  Until I don't have to anymore.    That's a hill I personally intend to take every time I see it.  I understand it's not your hill.  

• Useful 1
  • Love 11
4 minutes ago, SueB said:

Happy to agree to disagree.  But I'll offer one bit of insight:

ij0MJnt.jpg

Do you see the arrow in the FEDEX logo?  If yes, great.  If not, look again.  It's between the 'E' and the 'x'.  Its the whitespace in between.  See it?  If so, you'll NEVER unsee it again.  For me, personally, that's what seeing casual racism is like.  Once you see it, you can't unsee it. So I resist it. Every. Single. Time.  Until I don't have to anymore.    That's a hill I personally intend to take every time I see it.  I understand it's not your hill.   

Totally appreciate what you're saying, SueB. I don't have anything clever to express my point of view; however, I can tell you that I come from the era where Archie Bunker (All in the Family) was a #1 TV show. Not that anyone condones that rhetoric today, but when you compare that to "senorita" (or chiquita insults), I'll take "senorita" (and the like) all day long!!

• Love 1
5 hours ago, Chick2Chic said:

But that wasn't the issue nor the original argument. That wasn't even an issue in the story. Ben was already going to quit. Chad pulled the trigger faster in firing him after running back to the mansion to play CEO with Stefan under arrest.

Ben was going to quit.  But once he learned Stefan was in prison, he still wanted the job if Chad was in charge.

I guess it is tough for Ben to be the only person in Salem without self-awareness or called out for not having it.

Tons of people get called out it.  Jennifer, Abigail, Hope....etc.  But most of those other characters have a longer history and don't have the ground to cover.

22 minutes ago, SueB said:

It makes a racial insult "okay" in everyday life to those watching. 

Plus, more than one character is doing it so it sort of feels less like a character trait of the particular characters and more totes cool with the writing staff.

• Love 6

Petunia13, I doubt that Ben is heading down the Danville route any time soon. He did the right thing, he stepped up and did what a normal person would do. He had the self-awareness to apologize to the Commissioner for knocking out Eli. He seemed serious about making amends. He also seemed genuinely puzzled about his sister's current behavior. He has taken a couple of steps forward from his trouble past as an abused child, his mental illness, etc. No, he will always be seen as the Necktie Killer. It'll take him a long time to make serious contributions as a good citizen. Maybe he is on the road  to being one now, maybe not. He needs to broaden his scope and not have Ciara be his savior. The work has to come from him and there will be many more Ciaras in his life.

I had the uh-oh feeling when Rex encountered Jordan. Yes, be a nice guy and simply say hello and move on. Not notice the big red scar on her neck. At least he can cook and bake. Many dudes would have gotten takeout or had food ordered in.

Abigail and Chad got back together waaaay too fast. Still a lot of obstacles, including Abs' mental health issues. They'd be better off just seeing each other for a few months to see if things work. Charlotte's kidnapping was a nice little bandage for their relationship, but they need to deal with a lot of things, including Abs' insufferability, lack of self-awareness, selfishness, self-absorption.

Kate looked pretty good and recovered quite quickly from being poisoned.

Jordan has good technique with the pan.

• Love 4
10 hours ago, Petunia13 said:

Calling it now. Ben becomes a cop. 

He should be police commissioner, mayor, advice columnist and an internationally famous proctologist to the stars by July - and Grand Marshal at the 4th of July parade, tossing candy neckties to cheering kiddies from the Serial Killer float.

Edited by boes
double post
  • LOL 5
  • Love 5
21 minutes ago, boes said:

He should be police commissioner, mayor, advice columnist and an internationally famous proctologist to the stars by July - and Grand Marshal at the 4th of July parade, tossing candy neckties to cheering kiddies from the Serial Killer float.

Oh come on...proctologist, really?  Better be careful what you wish for 😁

Edited by MsTree
  • LOL 1
29 minutes ago, boes said:

I hate Ben deeply, but this all made me laugh. So thanks!

• LOL 1
  • Love 3

I know we were supposed to swoon when Ben picked Ciara up to carry her to the hospital but I just about rolled my eyes out of my head in disgust.  This feels like a combination of two very dated romance tropes--the first one being the bad man who is redeemed by the love of a good woman, and the second being the damsel in distress who has to constantly be rescued by the big strong man.  Now there are classic soap romances where this trope worked but in the case of Cin they have two huge obstacles:  1.  the age difference, Ciara is 21 and Ben is in his early 30's.   and 2.  Ben is a SERIAL KILLER.    This story feels like an older man preying on a vulnerable girl--he is way too obsessed with her place in his life to be healthy--and this could all be a misplaced sense of gratitude because Ben has saved her life twice now.

Now onto Chad and Abby--so all is forgiven?  Chad's actively choosing to hate an innocent baby, to hand the baby over to her rapist father, choosing to put Abs back in a mental facility. Abby deciding to divorce Chad and marry Stefan, fake the return of her mental illness and just generally be a complete bitch to everyone in her life?  Okay, great, when's the wedding?  :):)

• Love 12
4 hours ago, kitmerlot1213 said:

I know we were supposed to swoon when Ben picked Ciara up to carry her to the hospital but I just about rolled my eyes out of my head in disgust.  This feels like a combination of two very dated romance tropes--the first one being the bad man who is redeemed by the love of a good woman, and the second being the damsel in distress who has to constantly be rescued by the big strong man.  Now there are classic soap romances where this trope worked but in the case of Cin they have two huge obstacles:  1.  the age difference, Ciara is 21 and Ben is in his early 30's.   and 2.  Ben is a SERIAL KILLER.    This story feels like an older man preying on a vulnerable girl--he is way too obsessed with her place in his life to be healthy--and this could all be a misplaced sense of gratitude because Ben has saved her life twice now.

Now onto Chad and Abby--so all is forgiven?  Chad's actively choosing to hate an innocent baby, to hand the baby over to her rapist father, choosing to put Abs back in a mental facility. Abby deciding to divorce Chad and marry Stefan, fake the return of her mental illness and just generally be a complete bitch to everyone in her life?  Okay, great, when's the wedding?  :):)

Yes. This.  The age difference.  It's like Ben was de-SORAS'd.  If you consider that Ciara was SORAS'd, so she's really TWELVE, he's entering pedophilia stage.  
And that's IF I could get over the whole serial killer thing.  I see all his current actions - with and without meds - as totally soap-opera explainable.  It's his past that is not just a 'bad boy' past or a 'needs meds' past.  Most serial killers don't have a future beyond a cell.  So there's no real-life way to reconcile his actions.  There ARE people who have done murder who, due to extenuating circumstances, end up with having a life beyond prison.  But they trashed Ben's character -- for the sake of Chabby, I think -- and now they are damaging Hope and others for the sake of CIN.  *shakes head*  They don't learn.  But ultimately, they are treating 'serial killer' like a regular murder.  They should have gone with 'demon possession' if they were going to go for redemption.  Temporary 'demon possession' allows a WHOLE lotta bad.  

• LOL 1
  • Love 8

Onto other topics of recent:

- Eric -- I'm glad you are less of a total asshole.  But I don't like where your head is at.

- Jordan -- you are WHACK.  Does the big scar mean personality tranplant?  'Cause that would help in the attempted murder defense.

- Rex -- you have the survival instincts of a high frat boy -- good on you for compassion but other than that... no.

- John -- why are you listening to Roman on not telling Marlena?  This is not smart.  Not that this is more than a minor speedbump but .... yeesh.  Manufactured crisis indeed.

- Speaking of manufactued crisis -- Ted Laurent is so BENEATH Hope Brady.  I mean yes, he's handsome, clever and French.  But that's it. And Hope should see right thru that.  It's like they took all of Rafe's scenes and substituted Ted for them.  Ted had no business accompanying Hope to a potential crime scene.  And why didn't Hope deck him for the kiss?  They really need to give Hope smart pills again.  They don't seem to know how to write for her.

- Kayla!  Yes!  A nice, competent character.  That seems to be the secret - less airtime.    

• Love 8
2 hours ago, SueB said:

Does the big scar mean personality tranplant? 

I was thinking traumatic brain injury.

It's like they took all of Rafe's scenes and substituted Ted for them. 

Wow, it really is. That might actually be exactly what they did.

Edited by peachmangosteen
  • Love 7
4 hours ago, SueB said:

The age difference.  It's like Ben was de-SORAS'd.  If you consider that Ciara was SORAS'd, so she's really TWELVE, he's entering pedophilia stage. 

See when it comes to SORASing I've learned to just suspend disbelief while quietly rolling my eyes. DAYS is one of the worst soaps when it comes to screwing with ages and IMO they'll never change.  EJ has to be the most glaring examples of SORAS'ing I can remember (he left for boarding school and was like 5 and maybe 8 years or so later he was 30 something James Scott) I dont think we are actually supposed to think about what their age should be as annoying as it. Of course if I had my way they would have let Ciara grow up on screen.

• Love 4

Rafe coming back was kind of random. He was gone a long time storyline wise. I get the feeling they are going to get him away from Hope and put him back in Kate's orbit. Wait! Are Rafe & Hope married? I can't remember. Anyway, the Ted guy is good looking but he can't act. They need to bring back Daniel Cosgrove and un-nutty him so he & Hope can get back together. Of course, Ben is a serial killer so maybe Daniel Cosgrove can still be nutty and live in Salem. I thought Tyler Christopher was good this week. I like how he was tellying Gabby what a nut job she is. Too funny! He looks perfectly fine and hopefully they can find him a new woman. Who's available?

• Love 2
3 hours ago, TigerLynx said:

Hook Hope up with Ted, bring Daniel Cosgrove back as a twin and put him with Kayla.

I forgot he also had chemestry with Kayla, too. I can't remember the story though. Didn't he date one first and then the other? It was so long ago. Probably, only 2 or 3 years ago. LOL!!! I remember his son, Chase and what he did to the old Ciera who was dreadful. Man! Talk about a long time in firing someone. That girl, should have been let go her first month. I don't miss that clenched jaw whatsoever.

• Love 3

I've been out of town & am trying to catch up on shows, but after watching today's show, I just Cant with Sarah!  What a silly girl, she acts like an immature teenager, all over emotional & over-agitated about her 'love life"...calling the other nurse?!  I don't find her believable as a smart, mature, dependable Doctor at all! And Rex is so clueless.  I've obviously missed what is going on with Jordan....but she is truly Cuckoo! 

• Love 7

Well every once in a while you have to admit you're wrong. I've said before RSW doesn't have the acting chops to be a credible leading man but the last week he's been really good..today I thought he was fantastic. Those hospital scenes were really well done.

• Love 7

The hospital scenes were great from all three (CH, VK and RSW) but I agree RSW is really bringing it at the moment. I’m enjoying the soapiness of this story. Him standing there silently shaking at the end was very powerful. 

Edited by BoldDays
Clarity
  • Love 5
50 minutes ago, BuckeyeLou said:

I've obviously missed what is going on with Jordan....but she is truly Cuckoo! 

On Friday's episode when Rex ran into her, Jordan pulled her hair up off the back of her neck and revealed a long ugly scar. She told Rex she'd been in a car accident last summer and that nothing had gone right since.  So maybe brain trauma from the car accident.

• Love 5
14 minutes ago, buffynut said:

On Friday's episode when Rex ran into her, Jordan pulled her hair up off the back of her neck and revealed a long ugly scar. She told Rex she'd been in a car accident last summer and that nothing had gone right since.  So maybe brain trauma from the car accident.

Ohhh....thanks!  On a show with demon possession & rising from the dead, this should fit right in 🙂

• Love 3

I just find it hard to believe that Ciara wouldn't have problem with Ben and his rage and anger issues. Never mind Jordan, the guy is a mess. This is the second time she's witness this type of behavior from him. Bo would probably be worst than Hope in trying to keep his daughter away from this guy.

I don't know where Ron is going with this stuff.

• Love 10
38 minutes ago, Sidney said:

I just find it hard to believe that Ciara wouldn't have problem with Ben and his rage and anger issues. Never mind Jordan, the guy is a mess.

I agree they need to address it, and given Ben’s obvious distress at the end, clearly he’s aware it needs to be. His self awareness in that moment, and in seeking help from Marlena indicate to me at least he wants to. Once the shock of being almost killed twice in one day has worn off for Ciara then I’d expect (hope) she knows it needs to be dealt with too.

• Love 2

Why didn't Ciara grab her nurse call button at the very beginning of all of this?

Jeez, is Sarah 12 years old?

8 minutes ago, bobcat1946 said:

My biggest problem with Cin is that Ben is a is a criminal while Ciara is just a child.  If she was older and not be a goody tow shoes

Ciara is in her 20s.

• Love 5
4 minutes ago, Silver Raven said:

Why didn't Ciara grab her nurse call button at the very beginning of all of this?

I was just going to comment about this.  They are in a busy hospital but NO ONE thinks to start yelling at the top of their lungs?  I get they needed the drama but the whole thing just rang really false to me.  They have time for multiple fights between 3 people and then Rafe just comes in at a random moment and saves the day?  No one noticed any commotion?  Hope should have been on the same floor - just steps away and she not only didn't even see Jordan come in she heard nothing?  I guess she was too busy with whatever the hell that was with Ted and Rafe.

• Love 8

I thought the Ben/Jordan/Ciara scenes were bad. Like really bad. So much second-hand embarrassment. I think they've all been mostly good throughout this (bullshit) story, but today was just no lol.

There Ben goes again with his unhealthy obsession with Ciara. Over it.

I fast forwarded everything Sarah/Eric and Chad/Abigail. 

I don't care, I love Rex. 

I miss Gabi. She's just about the only thing keeping me entertained right now tbh.

Edited by peachmangosteen
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, buffynut said:

Jordan’s car accident owie making her a violent maniac seems about as legitimate as sleeping pills making Hope man mugging “Midnight Hope.”

• LOL 5
  • Love 4

Traumatic brain injury can cause emotional and behavioral problems.  Obviously, the show is taking liberties with Jordan but it's not completely out of the realm of possibilities.  

If they had taken a little more time with this story, I think there was decent story to tell with Ben and Jordan.  We could have gotten occasional glimpses of Jordan losing her grip with "reality" and blaming it all on Ben while Ben struggles to stake his claim on a normal life.  All of this culminating in that hospital room could have made that fight more compelling.  I think the different approaches of the actors may have even contributed to a sort of blurring the lines, as there's a kind of normalcy in the way Chrishell Stause is playing Jordan's madness and RSW plays Ben's madness without subtlety.  Perhaps there were backstage reasons for bulldozing through this but it plays on-screen like another (of many) instance of missed opportunities.  

The best part of the show right now is that I can watch it in about 20 minutes or less and move on to something more interesting but that's disappointing because I do still have a fondness for this little world called Salem, USA.  

• Love 6

Well, wasn't this just a peach of an episode!

Behind Door A,

We got to see Chad debase himself apologizing to Abigail again, we got to see him deflect Abigail when she tried to take at least some responsibility for what's happened - not that she tried all that hard - and then we go to see them consummate their lurve.....

giphy.gif

two dickheads in love....

But, that's not all folks, step right up for MORE!

Behind Door B, 

We had Ciaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaara and Ollie, reunited and it feels so good, with Jordan swinging that tray like she taught Jose Ramirez everything he knows.  Ben's DOWN!  Jordan gets out the syringe!  Ciaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaara screams!  Ben's UP and he and Jordan are dancing to beat the band.  Ben's eyes half close, he's now in Ollie Land,  Ciaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaara screams again (she really could use a sedative on a regular basis), and he wins the wrestling match.  Says he wants to kill Jordan.  Ciaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaara beams like she's as crazy as he is, tells Rafe she's safe with him.  (Though, frankly, I'd rather be stuck in a room with a serial killer instead of Rafe, too).   I guess Ollie and Ciaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaara are solid now.  Lovely couple.....too bad Ciaaaaaaaaaaaaaara is too young to have known Andre when he was at his best, she would have gone nuts for him!

But no, Show had MORE!   Behind Door Number 3, 

We had Eric and Sarah.  Got nothin' on that one, other than when Rex told Kate "Eric is kinda boring", he wasn't kidding.  And Sarah, Marci might have just been nice to you because she's nice, not because you're so hawt.  These scenes were almost, though not quite, as boring as the scenes with Hope and her French boyfriend, Ambien and her husband, Rage.  That's what I typed by mistake but it really fits.

I really enjoyed Rex today, pretty much enjoy Rex every single time I see him onscreen, and I got a kick out of him and Kate as mother and son.  I'll take Rex over pretty much any of the above mentioned characters any day of the week.  

And people say romance is dead........

• LOL 6
  • Love 10