Type keyword(s) to search

Current Plots Discussion: Actually Today's Episode

Message added by scarynikki12

Spoilers are not allowed in this thread. Period. Any posts that include spoilers (and casting information qualifies) will be removed. There are several other threads that allow spoilers so take that discussion to one of them.

• Start Topic

15 minutes ago, Peanut6711 said:

Comments from the mini peanut gallery (re: Jarlena): “I don’t care if they were a super couple back in the 80s, I don’t want to see these gray-haired people in bed all day. Ugh!” My pre-teen may have identified a major reason this show struggles with younger viewers. 😁

Tell mini-peanut gallery the real reason those two are in bed all day is because of hip pain, and they don't have any Advil in the house.

• LOL 13
58 minutes ago, Peanut6711 said:

Comments from the mini peanut gallery (re: Jarlena): “I don’t care if they were a super couple back in the 80s, I don’t want to see these gray-haired people in bed all day. Ugh!” My pre-teen may have identified a major reason this show struggles with younger viewers. 😁

I am 100% with your pre teen. I hate the way that Drake simulates awe and passion (I think) for Doc. You've been married decades- reign it in nobody gets that excited after that many years (source: married that many years)

• LOL 7
14 hours ago, DisneyBoy said:

Watched it. Liked it. So glad there was a happy event during this historic week.

Telfer got a wedding in the Horton livingroom? Deserved. He's been around a decade now, I think, and done great work. He's earned a ceremony in as iconic a place as that. Yay Xander!

Granted, I think it's nuts that Jennifer would be welcoming towards the guy who shot Marlena....but then, Jen and Doc never speak anymore so...whatever?

I'm not a Sarah Horton fan, but I do think it's quite fitting for the last NBC Days wedding to be the daughter of Mickey Horton in the Horton living room. It feels like the happy end to an era, especially with Jennifer and Maggie there. I wish Julie was there, too.

Xander is also the guy that gave an amnesiac Jack to Eve, so she could marry Jack and torment Jen. That should probably be more a basis for animosity from Jen to Xander. However, the show has seemed to forget that factoid. 

• Love 6

I thought it was sweet that John and Marlena are still active and attracted to each other.  
  Rafe is such a bad cop.  He is to rough and did he steal Sloans car?

why is kate and Roman so concerned who Eric sleeps with ?  That’s so weird  hope no one has to eat that sneeze cake.  

Maggie looked really pretty at the wedding.  

Those are my random thoughts of the day 

• Like 2
  • Love 4
13 minutes ago, methodwriter85 said:

But....he wears glasses! And tacky ugly floral print blazers! He's also combing his hair forward. Totes different character!

You’ve heard of method acting? RSW is the foremost practitioner of bangs acting. 

• LOL 9
2 hours ago, 4evaQuez said:

I'm not a Sarah Horton fan, but I do think it's quite fitting for the last NBC Days wedding to be the daughter of Mickey Horton in the Horton living room. It feels like the happy end to an era, especially with Jennifer and Maggie there. I wish Julie was there, too.

Xander is also the guy that gave an amnesiac Jack to Eve, so she could marry Jack and torment Jen. That should probably be more a basis for animosity from Jen to Xander. However, the show has seemed to forget that factoid. 

He also played a role in JJ getting shot from what I recall however yes she should hate him for those reasons yet its ignored.  I admit I forgot about this until you brought it up.

• Love 6

So we finally get to hear that Paulina, who has an interest in the Governor's Office, is more popular and vibrant than her dull but suitable for city mayor job husband. Quelle surprise.

Orpheus is releasing some sort of virus that will attack Salemites, starting with the three kidnapees? How convenient that he found Dr. Rolf's lab and how convenient that he hasn't gotten bored of hunting down his favourite people.

I wouldn't want any sneeze-cake either.

Jada, take a few seats from the old police and ISA folks.

• Love 5
14 hours ago, peachmangosteen said:

I forgot to mention how stupid Xander's hair looked at the wedding lol.

Yeah, what was that about?  Did he get a perm for the wedding, or has Xander been straitening out his curls all of these years?  Enquiring Minds...

Are we to assume that hubris will be Orpheus' downfall, and that's why he revealed his plot with Locked Away Vial?  Because it seems like it would have been a lot smarter to just to not tell anyone about what he did.  Maybe he gets a perverse thrill out of watching people fit and fumble all while knowing he is the cause of their pain.  

I think that was the second mention of the Marlena Clones.  Watch out for the Falling Anvils!

I was amused by Jada chastising them for not using proper procedure, and Roman explaining that they do what they want in Salem, USA.  I hope They do more with Jada being exasperated by how things work in this town.  It was something I wanted to see more of with Eli but These Writers have such a difficult time writing character-driven material.  

16 hours ago, DisneyBoy said:

Question: if Li and Gabi are essentially running Dimera...why would he bother trying to revive Stefan? Won't that just bump him the CEO position?

Li already has a seat on The Board, so the only thing he'd lose would be Gabi, at least in his mind.  If Stefan has been brainwashed to be in wuv with Chloe Lane, then it would seem like Stefan could be a potential ally for Gabi and Li.  I don't know that Stefan would be an automatic Heir to the Throne, I mean, CEO.  EJ is more of a threat to Gabi and Li running the company.  

Now that I think about it, this could turn out to be a really bad version of House of the Dragon.  Interesting. 

• Like 3
  • Love 1
7 hours ago, tribeca said:

I thought it was sweet that John and Marlena are still active and attracted to each other.  

Except did they REALLY have to make it so obvious that John got the extra strength super- duper blue pill?  We're actually supposed to believe a man that age has THAT kind of sex life?  Unless the next scene is him clutching his heart in agony, I'm not buying it.  

• LOL 4
16 minutes ago, DaphneCat said:

Except did they REALLY have to make it so obvious that John got the extra strength super- duper blue pill?  We're actually supposed to believe a man that age has THAT kind of sex life?  Unless the next scene is him clutching his heart in agony, I'm not buying it.  

John was only winded because he had to retrieve the remote when it fell out of the bed while they were watching reruns of "Murder, She Wrote".  

Sexay times, baby!!!

7 hours ago, Sandman said:

You’ve heard of method acting? RSW is the foremost practitioner of bangs acting. 

When I first read "Bangs acting", my first thought did not go towards his hair.  Oh no.

Based on his apparent inability to not drool around anyone or anything female, 

giphy.gif

I fully expected he'd be chasing Julie around the caftan store by the end of the week.

Sexy is as Sexy drools.

• LOL 8
6 hours ago, DaphneCat said:

Have you ever worked in a nursing home?

you might be surprised 😂 

• Useful 1
  • LOL 7

Here’s what you missed 

Kristin acting crazy 

Chloe and Brady having sexy time 

dr. Rolf waking someone from the dead 

Johnny not trusting his dad 

EJ acting like a jerk

Li proposes to Gabi

Anna being her fabulous self 

• LOL 3

Chloe decided not to testify against Kristin because she feared it would make things worse.  

Kristin bullied Dr Rolf into waking Stefan so he could go to Chloe's room at the Salem Inn.  Dr Rolf wasn't sure it was a good time to wake him, as Stefan has had only 1 brainwashing session.  I guess it takes more to fall in wuv with Chloe.  For some reason, Stefan went to the DiMera Crypt, and Ava found him there thinking he is Jake.  

Tony and Anna drank martinis while providing exposition only necessary for viewers who don't watch on a regular basis.  The Show must love Penghlis and Hunley, because those scenes were totally unnecessary.

Li Shin visited Dr Rolf and noticed the vial that Orpheus had used. Dr Rolf made up a flimsy excuse for it, then Li went on to propose to Gabi at the end of the episode.  

Not a particularly good episode but I don't recall FF-ing through any of it.   

Edited by enchantingmonkey
  • LOL 1
  • Love 5
3 hours ago, junemeatcleaver said:

Will Days air today at all?  The King is supposed to speak at around noon US Central time, and it wouldn't be a shock if NBC preempted the show for that.

NBC seems to interrupt the show for every "breaking news" event they can latch on to whether it really is breaking news (as in critical information happening in the moment) or something that transpired hours earlier, has already been all over internet news, and will be featured on evening news a few hours later.  So if the last two days of Days of Our Lives airing on network TV before being sent off to streaming is interrupted and/or disrupted and preempted by more "breaking news" it really will be a final reminder of a major factor of what (news coverage) helped tank the once popular soap genre. 

• Applause 2
  • Love 4

I decided to turn on the show today to watch the final episode on Global, not thinking that, of course, Global would be airing coverage of the Queen's passing. Since I don't have cable, I won't be able to watch Days on W network, so I guess that's it for me.  I'll try to see if I can watch online, but I'm not hopeful. 

Sad that this is the way my 40-ish years of being a Days fan ends.  Well, I guess I'll still be a fan, just not a viewer.  ☹️

• Hugs 4
  • Sad 1
  • Love 2

I caught it on Global just now - I watch Global Edmonton, as it airs at noon here in B.C. (I have the time shift channels.)

NTV (Newfoundland Television) also airs it at 9:00 am PT, and looks like they still will past today. I'm going to PVR it so I can watch at my lunch break.

Anyway, as for show - EJ stomps around like a jerk, Ava thinks she's going crazy, Kristen is crazy, and Gabi sees Stefan right after she leaves her ring at his crypt.

• Love 2

The show aired in Edmonton today, as @RunningMarket said. I get the NBC Detroit timeshift station. Not the Canadian ones.

Gabi, you don't have to marry someone that you haven't been seeing very long.

Poor Ava. Seeing a dead guy, and touching a dead guy, and finding out that he is real. She should have pulled out a phone and snapped a photo.

Anna noticed a used piece of dirty drinking glass?

The whole imaginary dead guy walking about may take a serious turn if another person, i.e. Gabi, sees him too.

When my DVR had issues, I did find a copy of Days online, sometimes through someone's blog (don't remember the name) or Youtube.

• Love 5
48 minutes ago, Frozendiva said:

Gabi, you don't have to marry someone that you haven't been seeing very long.

Yes she does. It's how Ron generates "intrigue!" (ie, Kayla and Justin, Justin and Bonnie, Abe and Paulina, Alli and Tripp, Chanel and Johnny, Sami and Lucas, etc).

So what if it completely undermines our interest in the characters by having them speak vows and make commitments without any actual solid, believable relationship-building? INTERRUPTED WEDDINGS! Wheee! More interrupted weddings!

...that's all soaps are, right?

49 minutes ago, Frozendiva said:

The whole imaginary dead guy walking about may take a serious turn if another person, i.e. Gabi, sees him too.

Will she though? I mean...she just saw another dead guy walking around a few months ago...

Edited by DisneyBoy
  • Like 3
  • Love 5
9 minutes ago, DisneyBoy said:

...that's all soaps are, right?

It seems to be, at this point.  I think part of the problem is that The Idiots In Control don't trust the audience to tune in on a regular basis unless the Show is driven by Spoiler-i-fic Plots.  I see bits and pieces of Y&R and B&B, and while Y&R is a little more character-driven, B&B is as bad as DAYS with plot trumping character development at almost every turn.  

I'm just going to imagine Gabi is Li's first real romantic relationship, which might explain his quickie proposal to Gabi, rather than it just being a Plot Point.  But even if Li is trying to keep hold of Gabi, and Stefan was madly in wuv with Chloe, I think Stefan and Gabi would still be married.  So the proposal is basically an exercise in futility.  

Johnny continues to charm me with his romantic feelings and concern for Ava.  The kiss at then end may have been premature, especially for Ava, but it felt like that needed to happen by the end of the episode.

Rolf should just find someone to help him fake his death.  That would take care of his problems with Kristin and Li real quick.  

Did anyone in the US get to watch the Show's last day on NBC?

• Love 5
16 hours ago, RunningMarket said:

I caught it on Global just now - I watch Global Edmonton, as it airs at noon here in B.C. (I have the time shift channels.)

Just curious, was there anything announcing that it would be no longer airing on Global?

5 hours ago, buffynut said:

Just curious, was there anything announcing that it would be no longer airing on Global?

I noticed a few commercials during each ep the past week that informed the viewers that Days was moving to W Network next week.

• Like 1
  • Useful 2
On 9/4/2022 at 10:58 AM, Peanut6711 said:

... this jackassy she-shouldn't-have-been there crap that Chris Kositchek Roman spouted. 

Remember when Commissioner Grampa Mumbleteeth was only Chris Kositchek and he was a lot less prone to spouting passive-aggressive crapola that was supposed to pass for wisdom? Because I do, Ron; I DO.

• Applause 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 3
5 hours ago, Sandman said:

Remember when Commissioner Grampa Mumbleteeth was only Chris Kositchek and he was a lot less prone to spouting passive-aggressive crapola that was supposed to pass for wisdom? Because I do, Ron; I DO.

Yep, over twenty-five years of him playing Roman Brady and yet I still think of Chris Kostichek when he's on screen....well until the last few episodes and then I just think 'what an asshole' when I see him. 

• Applause 1
  • LOL 4

It is beyond sad that Josh Taylor has, by far, played Roman Brady the longest (25 years!), while being so insignificant at the same time.

Say what one will about Drake Hogestyn, but Roman was important under him. And, naturally, ditto for Wayne Northrop!

I have nothing against Josh Taylor, but he should have remained Chris Kositchek.

• Like 4
  • Love 5
7 hours ago, WendyCR72 said:

I have nothing against Josh Taylor, but he should have remained Chris Kositchek.

I agree. Also, I NEVER forgot that Debra Adair was, and will always be, Kate to me. I have never liked the current Kate, even though she has been there for decades! I guess that when your brain sticks on something, it stays stuck! The other recasts haven't struck me that way, but those two really did.

• Like 2
  • Love 1
11 hours ago, WendyCR72 said:

It is beyond sad that Josh Taylor has, by far, played Roman Brady the longest (25 years!), while being so insignificant at the same time.

Say what one will about Drake Hogestyn, but Roman was important under him. And, naturally, ditto for Wayne Northrop!

Roman became obsolete because JER and other writers  had no idea what to do with him beyond being collateral damage of the Jarlena affair. 

Edited by Pearson80
  • Sad 1
12 hours ago, DisneyBoy said:

What did Roman do that was so bad?

He victim blamed Orpheus's wife when "re-telling" (retconning a bit) the story of how she died. Claimed it was her fault for being there and not calling out her name when she tried to warm him and her husband that their clandestine mission was in danger.  So basically, she was trying to help save his ass, got shot and killed by him for her efforts, and Roman acted like he was still put-out that she didn't call out, "It's Mrs. Harp! Let me just get my ID out of my purse along with the secret info I've got for you." 

Also, he seemed to have an unhealthy interest in why his grown son was so sweaty. 

• Love 2
6 hours ago, Retired at last said:

I agree. Also, I NEVER forgot that Debra Adair was, and will always be, Kate to me. I have never liked the current Kate, even though she has been there for decades! I guess that when your brain sticks on something, it stays stuck! The other recasts haven't struck me that way, but those two really did.

And she will always be Jill Foster Abbott to me. 😄

• Like 1
  • Love 1