Forums forums
PRIMETIMER
CatLady

Current Plots Discussion: Actually Today's Episode

7 hours ago, WendyCR72 said:

I don't care about half the characters on this show, including Phillip, but I do wonder if TPTB see Phillip as a younger Victor: Always loving women who, for whatever reason, cannot love him like he loves them and are not available, be it - in Victor's case - because of marriages to others (Shawn, Ernesto) or - regarding Phillip - just emotionally unavailable, a la Chloe.

Let's face it: Victor didn't find a lasting relationship until Maggie, in his old age. Maybe the show sees Phillip as being like his father.

Just a theory.

Like father, like son. Your theory makes a lot of sense.  I’m going to keep it in mind while watching these silly Philip/Chloe/Brady scenes and, maybe, I’ll enjoy them a little more.  I like it when a character is stuck in a pattern of behavior that they can hardly overcome.  

The scene of John and Marlena discussing her dream was well acted, and I thought it was refreshing that it happened so early in the storyline.  I expected The Writers to pretend that John and Marlena don’t have the kind of relationship where they would feel safe talking about such things.  

The vacillation between emotionally resonant scenes and total ridiculousness happened during the Previous Possession, too.  

The EJ/Nicole kiss was fun.  I still hate that Rafe is part of this, and supposedly Nicole’s first choice.  At least I have the joy of watching EJ push Rafe’s buttons.  

I loved that Johnnie’s plan to charm his way into having creative control over his movie was sabotaged by a power hungry producer/financier.  I imagine that’s how it happens in Hollywood more often than not, and even wonder if it was The Writer’s way of venting their frustrations through their characters.  Perhaps I’m giving them too much credit.  

• Like 6

On 10/13/2021 at 3:59 AM, tribeca said:

Was Kristin in the first possession story?   Who will play her?

That role has "Julie" written all over it.

• Useful 1
  • Laugh 7

9 hours ago, Frozendiva said:

Tools are a prime target for thieves. Some cannot be engraved or otherwise have some identification. Easy money to resell. I wouldn’t put them there, but I would seriously lock them up in the shop.

looked like it was soaked in grease🤢   Does he run upstairs every time he needs a tool? Stupid Days.  

• Laugh 1

On 10/9/2021 at 1:59 PM, Panopticon said:

…. And if they had gotten married, this hypothetical would not be the first time Brady got together with one of his stepgrandmothers!

If I think too hard about Bonehead Black's history I break out in hives.

• Laugh 4

On 10/15/2021 at 2:03 PM, BuckeyeLou said:

I dont know Why I am watching this ridiculousness....today, Marlena checks her cell phone to have a chat with "You Know Who" and he appears as a weird purple emoji, looking somewhat like Aladdin, not scary at all, I am rolling my eyes at this!

I laughed so hard at that. So stupid.

• Like 6

On 10/14/2021 at 11:12 PM, boes said:

Chloe, blow it out your bassoon.  

Sure, Philip's jealousy is too much, but I'd argue that Brady's constant hanging on you borders on stalking, and you with your constant need to join in his business is needless provocation towards Philip - from the both of you.  Brady will "need" and "love" until you either piss him off or he's entranced by the next shiny object.  Besides, aren't you all a little too OLD for this b.s.?

Go away, and take Brady with you.  Show has more than enough canned ham on display right now anyway, it doesn't need Brady's over-the-hill brand as well.

They would have made their point IF Chloe hadn't insisted on staying in the same motel room as Brady and sleeping in the same bed.  Under what circumstances is that considered acceptable when you have an alternative (i.e. a jet waiting to take you to another city with separate beds)?  And then trying to pass it off as Philip somehow being insanely jealous?  I have been married MANY years and if I walked into a room with Mr. Cat and a naked woman, I would immediately assume the poor thing had lost all her clothes in a poker game and Mr. Cat had simply taken her to his room to offer her some clothes.   Even I would chuck his ass out if he somehow tried to gaslight me as being ridiculously jealous when he insisted on sleeping with another woman after I showed up to offer him an alternative.

• Like 4
  • Laugh 4

On 10/16/2021 at 2:14 AM, boes said:

That role has "Julie" written all over it.

🤨🤨🤨🤨

...I'm gonna skip past that one.

So, I checked back in with the show again and I just don't know what to say anymore, you guys. This is unreal.

How did Ron or Ken or anybody working on this show think that a purple-faced demon baby app talking to Marlena through her cellphone would be scary...or entertaining...or fun...or anything other than totally lame and embarrassing?

I'm embarrassed. 

I'm embarrassed to watch this. I'm embarrassed for them. I'm embarrassed for Deidre. I'm embarrassed for the writers who are assigned these scripts. Im embarrassed for the crew that has to get up early to film this. The creative team are setting new standards for how stupid, juvenile and pointless the show can be.

Any 10 year old would say that if you want to create a spooky atmosphere, having a gust of wind blow out some candles or having Marlena's eyes glow would suffice. But a purple demon baby app? That is also out of synch with its own audio? No. Hell no.

I just don't understand the approach here. Days got renewed for two years....but are they trying to tank it? Do they want people to hate it? 

We have Phillip, a formerly popular character, who at this point is just as bad and unlikable as he was when that other actor was playing him a few years ago. He's over the top. The performance is terrible. The writing is equally pointless. I don't know if we're supposed to be pitying him or annoyed with him but those seem like the only two viable options. I thought that they were going to bring Chloe and Phillip back together for a nice 'rekindling their romance' story, but all I see is Grumpy McSourpuss throwing little hissy fits, which in turn gives Brady an excuse to puff up his chest and act like a neanderthal over whichever girl he happens to decide is his favorite this week...AGAIN. Enough already! I don't care who dates Chloe at this point because none of them are mature or interesting. I'm staring at their clothes to avoid listening to them.

There's whatever the hell is going on with Nicole now. I thought from the promos that Nicole and EJ were going to get back together with each other as a way to hurt Sami. Or something. And instead it seems like EJ's encouraging Nicole to make out with him...so she doesn't make out with Rafe...so that Ava doesn't go crazy and attack her. This is the plotting now. Nicole is just so horny that she has to make out with someone and EJ is offering himself up as a sacrifice. I guess?

And then there is Johnny's movie. His great cellphone camera opus. I mean, I know what that's about. Ron thinks it would be hilarious to reenact The Possession storyline and get extra meta about it and have the characters film a movie where they're re-enacting it as well. Is everyone going to be levitating off their beds pretty soon? 

I just have nothing to look forward to anymore.

If the rest of the show was even competently written, I might be ok with a bit of camp or meta humor. But that's all we get and it's poorly done.

Theoretically I could get a kick out of the idea of seeing EJ and Abigail having to pretend to be John and Marlena during The Possession storyline, but this isn't James Scott. And even if it was, this ridiculousness would be enough to make him quit. He's better off shaving his head and talking to himself (or whatever he's got going on these days) than humoring this kiddie crapfest.

Kate Mansi could play possessed better than anybody on the show currently, but she's not here either so...what the hell is the point? Are we giving Marci more material she can't hope to work with...?!

WHY???

...this is just borderline unwatchable garbage. None of this matters. I have no interest in seeing the entire town rally around Ben's reproductive activities, for freak's sake. 

Ciara demanding an executive job at her grandfather's company just so she can immediately go on maternity leave when she has no qualifications or degree would normally be enough to make me want to turn off the television. But at this point, all this other stuff is just so horrendously bad that I'm almost willing to just shrug and overlook Ciara being entitled. 

The show has fallen to such depths I can't even bring myself to watch, even if only just to be amused. It isn't funny. It's pathetic. And TPTB just don't seem to care.

😔

Edited by DisneyBoy
  • Like 10
  • Useful 1

I felt I was being too negative and should leave open for the possibility that some may find this palatable.

There are a few decent moments here and there...a rare few...I'm just finding it impossible to muster the loyalty to watch every episode in search of them.

Somehow watching Scooby Doo or The Flintstones feels less silly.

Edited by DisneyBoy
  • Like 4

I mean, it's not for everyone, but nothing is. I thought the devil emoji was hilarious and absurd and it entertained the hell outta me. The devil story line in general entertains me and I think it gives DH the opportunity to actually give a good performance.

• Like 5

I know we should be glad Days was renewed for two more years but unfortunately its two more years of Ron and well you get the rest...

This is why I root for characters I like to leave the show and not return(unless its the final curtain call).

• Like 1

The show was interrupted here.  Why does Victor want Steve to find Kristin?

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, tribeca said:

The show was interrupted here.  Why does Victor want Steve to find Kristin?

So that Melinda will let Xander and Justin go. She wants a bigger fish.

• Like 1
  • Useful 2

This show doesn't know its characters.  Ron only writes for his favorites  John, Marlena, Ben, Ciara.

Everyone else its shit to fit his plots.   Does Ron know Justin's history?  He's not the perfect virtues guy. Working with his uncle Victor, cheating on Adrienne.  Does anyone care about Justins real history?  Does anyone there care about any of these characters histories other than Ron's 4 favorites

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, TenaciousWarrior said:

I thought the last scene of Marlena having flashbacks of her previous possession and then getting fully possessed was pretty cool. 

Agreed. It was cheesy as fuck, but seeing all those scenes had me flashing back to being 15 and skipping French class for weeks on end because it was must watch TV. 😂 

And it looks like Deirdre's going to have fun with it. Must be a thousand times better than playing the boring sanctimonious Ben-loving Marlena.

• Like 5

On 10/15/2021 at 4:47 PM, auchic said:

It's been like two months since I watched and the minute I saw stupid Jake's face, all the hatred rushed back. IDEK what's going on anymore, but I know deep in my heart of hearts, that Jake is the absolute worst.

Goddamnit Philip is still getting a raw deal. Fuck right off with that nonsense show, let Philip be happy!

All of this❣️‼️❣️
♥️💫❤️🙏♥️💫

I enjoyed the comic relief of Justin and Xander in jail.

So Uncle Vic is calling in some favours to trap the big Kristin Kahuna. In Salem crimes, Justin and Xander are small fish. So is Bonnie, really. Her 'murders' were self-defense.

Had no idea Belle and Shawn went to visit Claire.

I also enjoyed the montage from the old possession when Marlena became fully possessed. How no one in the condo heard the racket and banging is strange. Yeah, John, Marlena wanting her story to come out is strange. Just a Salem urban legend, really.

• Like 3

Most of those flashback scenes were from the early parts and the end of the Previous Possession.  At least they had John discovering that Marlena was The Desecrator in there.  That was a BIG moment.  

With the mention of Kristin in this episode, I’m crossing my fingers and toes that somehow they’ve convinced Eileen Davidson to come back as Kristin.  I know she was in the Beyond Salem special. 

For a minute there I couldn’t figure out why Trask would care about prosecuting Kristin but then I remembered that Kristin “killed” Trask’s kid.  This newer actress doesn’t really communicate history with any of these characters.  

Throwing Bonnie and Gwen in a jail cell together sounds good on paper but I couldn’t watch all of their scenes because Bonnie is so damn annoying.  

• Like 1

scarynikki12

Spoilers are not allowed in this thread. Period. Any posts that include spoilers (and casting information qualifies) will be removed. There are several other threads that allow spoilers so take that discussion to one of them.