Jump to content
Forums forums
PRIMETIMER
CatLady

Current Plots Discussion: Actually Today's Episode

Recommended Posts

Ciara not wanting to remember her serial killer husband and running away from him is the most relatable she's ever been lol.

  • Like 10
  • Useful 1
  • Laugh 3

Share this post


Link to post

The restaurant may not be directly on the Square, but it is very close since it took all of them all of 10 seconds to get to the demolition site.

One other person who would have been all over this redevelopment project is the ward councillor in the course of various discussions, planning meetings, public consultations and a big photo op at the start of demolition. However, Abe seems to be the only flesh and blood official running Salem.

16 hours ago, Chellfairy said:

Construction guy was the best part of the episode!

He also made the most relevant point during the whole kerfuffle, when he mentioned his wife having to drive a long way to get the necessary groceries. In many cities, there is indeed a shortage of stores offering basic staples in some neighbourhoods, especially a lack of grocery stores. In many instances it is all chic boutiques and gourmet food stores.

Of course, that is a problem people like Lani – who rudely told him to butt out – or Julie probably never have to face.

Which does not mean that gutting the Square and replacing it with that Priceline outlet would be the best solution. Diversifying offerings would be best, including getting a basic grocery store to open in the city.

The actor playing Theo has such a baby face that it feels that Ciara may be committing statutory rape.

  • Like 9

Share this post


Link to post
2 hours ago, brisbydog said:

I never saw a freak out, I just found that with the hair cut, which apparently corresponded with other changes in her own life, she started playing Sarah weirdly frenetic and kind of annoying.

To be fair to LG, it sounds like that's where they wanted to take the character.  They started writing madcap adventures for Sarah and Xander around this time and asked her to play into the screwball comedy of it all.  Not her strength but also probably not related to her haircut.

1 hour ago, wurdalak said:

He also made the most relevant point during the whole kerfuffle, when he mentioned his wife having to drive a long way to get the necessary groceries. In many cities, there is indeed a shortage of stores offering basic staples in some neighbourhoods, especially a lack of grocery stores. In many instances it is all chic boutiques and gourmet food stores.

I didn't watch yesterday because, from what people said, I couldn't be bothered.  I am curious about construction guy, though.

The issue I have is that I don't think Salem is all that big so I find it hard to believe that they have to drive a long distance to get to a grocery store.  Even so, they could accomplish access to groceries by turning one or two of the stores they're planning to rent out into a small grocery store/Trader Joe's. 

That's what they do in Europe.  There's a small grocery store every couple of blocks and the massive big box stores live on the outskirts.

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post

I live in a vehicle oriented city of about 1,000,000 including bedroom communities. The downtown area is home to few supermarkets. Some drugstores have some grocery items and there are some grocery stores or smaller City Markets near the condos. Most people would be looking at a 10-15 minute drive or a half hour plus on the bus to get to one. Most of the stores are in suburban areas. Some have decent transit options, others do not. When I was growing up, there was usually a grocery store within a mile. It is tough for some folks to get to the stores and buy bulkier items unless they do have a friend or family member who has a vehicle or some sort of ride. I can walk to a couple of stores on a decent day - if I am only buying a small bag of stuff. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
2 hours ago, Irlandesa said:

I didn't watch yesterday because, from what people said, I couldn't be bothered.  I am curious about construction guy, though.

The issue I have is that I don't think Salem is all that big so I find it hard to believe that they have to drive a long distance to get to a grocery store.  Even so, they could accomplish access to groceries by turning one or two of the stores they're planning to rent out into a small grocery store/Trader Joe's. 

That's what they do in Europe.  There's a small grocery store every couple of blocks and the massive big box stores live on the outskirts.

I haven't watched today's episode yet, but yesterday the construction guy was mainly there to reveal Paulina's plan to everyone and for comedic relief. Every time he spoke, Lani or Chanel would tell him to shut up or some variation thereof. It was obvious the show wanted us to see this as hilarious and not rude, disrespectful, irritating, and classist.

As for the size of Salem, that seems to depend on the storyline. At certain points, the Salem skyline was littered with skyscrapers even Kiriakis Industries (or whatever the name is) was supposed to be in a brand new skyscraper back during the Roman/Marlena/John affair. The city/town also has an international airport which could imply at least a sizable population. But who knows...I'm sure Ron doesn't.

As for the small grocery stores, it doesn't seem that Americans like to shop that way. I don't have data on this, so I'm just guessing. However, the Super Walmarts, Costcos, Sam's Clubs, etc. are popular for a reason. A large selection of goods at reasonable/cheap prices. I could see someone with a family choosing to skip over the small grocery store, which more than likely has limited options, to go to a larger chain to ensure they can get everything in one place, in large bulk, at cheap prices. However, at this point, I think we've put more thought into this storyline than Ron has.

  • Like 7

Share this post


Link to post

I didn't watch yesterday but I did watch today and I thought it was a pretty good episode all around, especially for a show full of stories I haven't particularly cared for.

I loved the color of Lani's dress.  Elani are still Elani but they weren't as annoying as I can find them.

I thought Abe and Paulina's scenes today were quite good. I hadn't cared for them as a couple at all before.  But there was just enough character buildup that Abe's "I feel humiliated" was just perfect.  James Reynolds did really good work today.  It's a shame he doesn't get the opportunity more.

It makes me think back to my argument that with some stories, a well written/acted denouement can still save a story a bit and I think this did.  I cared a heck of a lot more about these scenes than I ever did about the buildup.

Ugh, Ben. Just Ugh.  He blocks her from leaving and locks the door but we're supposed to see him as "not like those other guys" because he then opens the door when she accuses him of being like them?  And he says that he "trusts Ciara's ability to make choices for himself" but turns and tries to brovince Theo to ignore what Ciara says she wants?

Precious Way might have a more natural glow to her but I think this new actress might have more natural acting ability.  I liked some of the choices she made.  I was worried about the chemistry with Allie but I liked their kiss.  I look forward to seeing more of her.

 

  • Like 10

Share this post


Link to post

The large chain store would decrease business for the small boutique styled businesses that seem to make up  Horton Square.

The show goes back and forth on it being an indoor/outdoor shopping center, but at the end of the day, it was a bunch of small businesses grouped together with the plaque honoring Tom and Alice in the middle of the Square. Whether the city paid for it to honor them or Hope used her influence/money to get that plaque made.

Most of the people who work or go there won't know or have interacted with Alice let alone Tom who died much earlier than she did. They should move the plaque to the hospitall (and frankly they should have named it after Tom) where they had spent most of their lives making that place better for all the people that went there.

Edited by nilyank
  • Like 7

Share this post


Link to post

What is that thing Nicole is wearing? Is she going for the schoolgirl look, or a Sailor Moon cosplay?

Gee, Theo, if Ciara isn't right in the head, why are you rushing to marry her?

New Chanel is pretty good.

I hope Ben moves on and then Ciara gets her memory back and he doesn't want her.

Gee, Allie, good job inviting people to stay at somebody else's house.

Does Rafe live next door to Nicole?

 

  • Like 4
  • Laugh 4

Share this post


Link to post
16 hours ago, Frozendiva said:

The Oilers and Flames rivalry is alive and well, I cheer for the Canadiens.

Yep, Battle of Alberta seems to be relevant again, but the Western Canadian hockey team I follow are the Winnipeg Jets.

Signed,

Non-Canadian living in California

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, Irlandesa said:

Precious Way might have a more natural glow to her but I think this new actress might have more natural acting ability.  I liked some of the choices she made.  I was worried about the chemistry with Allie but I liked their kiss.  I look forward to seeing more of her.

This. I was so glad I didn't hate the new actress immediately lol. I wanna see her with Tripp soon and the 3 of them together but I think I'm still pretty in for this triangle/throuple.

The Abe/Paulina scenes were great. That was the best work JH has done so far.

I literally do not understand how we are supposed to root for Ben and Ben/Ciara. Like what lol.

  • Like 9

Share this post


Link to post
2 hours ago, 4evaQuez said:

I haven't watched today's episode yet, but yesterday the construction guy was mainly there to reveal Paulina's plan to everyone and for comedic relief. Every time he spoke, Lani or Chanel would tell him to shut up or some variation thereof. It was obvious the show wanted us to see this as hilarious and not rude, disrespectful, irritating, and classist.

As for the size of Salem, that seems to depend on the storyline. At certain points, the Salem skyline was littered with skyscrapers even Kiriakis Industries (or whatever the name is) was supposed to be in a brand new skyscraper back during the Roman/Marlena/John affair. The city/town also has an international airport which could imply at least a sizable population. But who knows...I'm sure Ron doesn't.

As for the small grocery stores, it doesn't seem that Americans like to shop that way. I don't have data on this, so I'm just guessing. However, the Super Walmarts, Costcos, Sam's Clubs, etc. are popular for a reason. A large selection of goods at reasonable/cheap prices. I could see someone with a family choosing to skip over the small grocery store, which more than likely has limited options, to go to a larger chain to ensure they can get everything in one place, in large bulk, at cheap prices. However, at this point, I think we've put more thought into this storyline than Ron has.

The spread of supermarkets pretty much killed the small, Mom and Pop grocery stores - almost all of whom even had meat counters - starting in the early 60's.  Those, along with consolidation of meat packing and food distribution by conglomerates largely contributed to the decline of butcher shops, vegetable stores, etc.  Of course some survived but the food landscaped changed tremendously.  Some chains like Trader Joe's sprung up and expanded in the 80's, though they usually stand out by having cheap prices and/or attractive and different goods than you can find in the major chains.  The big box stores piled on in the later 90's.

We use all three.  We go to the big box stores once a month or so for some items though not much fresh food, the supermarket for most food and Trader Joe's for the really GOOD stuff, along with a butcher shop for special occasions.

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post

When Ben shut the door and locked it it reminded me of when he murdered Will.

I liked the scene of Lani and Theo.  Theo does believe Ben would hurt Ciara.  

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post

Wait! Chanel never met Nicole before? That’s so odd. Especially, all the times she been stuck in that apartment set for days on end. Oh, well. nuChanel seemed okay but I will say Precious Way really popped off the screen. Unfortunately, she was green in the acting department but she was getting better. 

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
10 hours ago, Artsda said:

Since everyone seems to be in shock and they're telling everyone in person, seems like Ciara isn't interacting with anyone.

She ran away and making no attempt to get her memories back, just like Theo wants and hopes for. 

But it's ultimately Ciara's choice. As is her right. I'm glad, even if she is being a bitch, that she has agency. But then, I couldn't give a quarter of a shit about SERIAL KILLER'S fee-fees.

So Theo can wish and hope all he likes. He still is not responsible for how Ciara handles her life, IMO.

  • Like 7

Share this post


Link to post
5 hours ago, 4evaQuez said:

I haven't watched today's episode yet, but yesterday the construction guy was mainly there to reveal Paulina's plan to everyone and for comedic relief. Every time he spoke, Lani or Chanel would tell him to shut up or some variation thereof. It was obvious the show wanted us to see this as hilarious and not rude, disrespectful, irritating, and classist.

As for the size of Salem, that seems to depend on the storyline. At certain points, the Salem skyline was littered with skyscrapers even Kiriakis Industries (or whatever the name is) was supposed to be in a brand new skyscraper back during the Roman/Marlena/John affair. The city/town also has an international airport which could imply at least a sizable population. But who knows...I'm sure Ron doesn't.

As for the small grocery stores, it doesn't seem that Americans like to shop that way. I don't have data on this, so I'm just guessing. However, the Super Walmarts, Costcos, Sam's Clubs, etc. are popular for a reason. A large selection of goods at reasonable/cheap prices. I could see someone with a family choosing to skip over the small grocery store, which more than likely has limited options, to go to a larger chain to ensure they can get everything in one place, in large bulk, at cheap prices. However, at this point, I think we've put more thought into this storyline than Ron has.

I live in Michigan , a suburb about 20 min away from Detroit.

I would much rather shop at a small, local grocery store, than big box.

I’d have to move to the UP to get that. 
However, we do support local greenhouses , etc. buy our fruit and veggies there.

Edited by Chellfairy
  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post

Ben's writing was pretty good today, I laughed out loud at the comparison of Theo to puppies. 

Ciara protests too much. She's letting Ben in. Her face at the fireworks gave it away. 

I liked the new Chanel, seemed to have more depth. 

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Quote

but yesterday the construction guy was mainly there to reveal Paulina's plan to everyone

This storyline is just stupid. It makes no sense. As if her plans wouldn't had to go through many channels to get approved. I live in a mid size town. The downtown is really cute with shops, bars and restaurants. There is a farmers market on Friday afternoon. The main street committee (or whatever they call themselves) work very hard on downtown. Before covid, there was a festival of some sort nearly every weekend.

They closely control what gets built in the area and no box store would be moving into downtown! We've got grocery stores on the outskirts of town: winn dixie, 2 publix, 2 aldi's. We have a super walmart and a walmart neighborhood store. But come on not down town!

I will admit I rather enjoyed Paulina and Abe today. Will wonders never cease?

There isn't a way on Earth I could care less about Ciara and Ben. Ben is never going to happen for me because he's a SERIAL KILLER! Lawd. Thank goodness Bo isn't around for this mess. I'd hate watching him having to prop a serial killer too.

  • Like 9

Share this post


Link to post

1 minute ago, hypnotoad said:

There isn't a way on Earth I could care less about Ciara and Ben. Ben is never going to happen for me because he's a SERIAL KILLER! Lawd. Thank goodness Bo isn't around for this mess. I'd hate watching him having to prop a serial killer too.

And it seems that Show thought making Ollie arrogant and condescending this time around with Ciara and Theo was the way to really dial up the rooooomance, I guess?  He acted like he was doing Ciara a favor by unlocking the door and letting her go.  

I don't like Ciara one bit, not too crazy about new Theo but that all pales in comparison to Show trying to make a serial killer into a romantic hero and having the town grovel at his feet and celebrate the great love of the necktie killer and this stupid, arrogant entitled brat of a legacy kid.

Glad Bo's not around and I'm also happy we don't have to see Hope prop this b.s.  I'd be happiest if Show would just drop the storyline AND the characters.

  • Like 12
  • Laugh 2

Share this post


Link to post
6 hours ago, norcalgal said:

Yep, Battle of Alberta seems to be relevant again, but the Western Canadian hockey team I follow are the Winnipeg Jets.

Signed,

Non-Canadian living in California

I know folks from the UK who follow the Penguins!

I have a bit of a soft spot for the Vegas Golden Knights. When they played here last year during the Pandemic, they would buy pizza for the homeless folks at a couple of the shelters. It was something that was paid forward by folks here donating to the shelters in Vegas.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
2 hours ago, WendyCR72 said:

So Theo can wish and hope all he likes. He still is not responsible for how Ciara handles her life, IMO.

Has Theo said he doesn't want Ciara to get her memory back?

  • Like 1
  • Useful 1

Share this post


Link to post

Was Nicole really at Rafe's or was he just imagining her?

The new Chanel seems a bit older than the other one and doesn't have the bubbliness and charm. But we'll see. Allie shouldn't be inviting her to stay at Nicole's place. Not like it too is an ever-expanding apartment. Maybe the couch is a pull-out one.

I liked Paulina talking to Abe. Lady, he has every right to believe that you lied to him repeatedly and used him to get your rezoning. This whole demolition would normally take a while to happen. We'd still like to know who your partner is - EJ? You also made a mess of your relationship with your niece and your daughter? Is Pricetown worth it? I agreed with her wanting to make her own money and not rely on a man. Wise advice to young women everywhere. First time I saw Jackee dialed a bit down.

I get Ben's POV. I get Ciara's POV. Ben, see the real Ciara as she is right now in front of you. An entitled spoiled brat. That is what you 'fell in love' with. Be grateful Theo has her now. At some point, he will tire of her, see how ugly on the interior she can be. Maybe by then she will get her memories back. Does Ollie deserve happiness? Who knows? But this version of Ciara needs to learn a bit of empathy and not be a self-centred brat.

If Theo wants Ciara to get her memory back,  does he think that she will stay with him? Ciara is the captain of her own ship and he may be very hurt. Getting engaged to her a few weeks after she was released from the hospital is not a great idea.

Lani and Eli, maybe just have a quiet anniversary dinner.

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, Frozendiva said:

First time I saw Jackee dialed a bit down.

This is the first time I've really liked her character.  She actually seemed like a human being rather than a cartoon.

3 hours ago, Artsda said:

Ben's writing was pretty good today, I laughed out loud at the comparison of Theo to puppies. 

Ciara protests too much. She's letting Ben in. Her face at the fireworks gave it away. 

I liked the new Chanel, seemed to have more depth. 

He wasn't wrong about Theo - that's why it's called puppy love.  Ciara dumped Theo a long time ago when she decided he wasn't exciting enough (she was going to make a play for Chad.)  She only really wanted Theo back after he became involved with Claire - and I STILL don't see how people thought Ciara was in the right when she wrote that letter to him and somehow Claire was wrong because she kept it from him.  Ciara has ALWAYS felt she is entitled to whatever she wants.  If Ben really wants to put up with her spoiled childishness I say, have at it.  It keeps him out of the orbit of characters who have the potential to be good.

  • Like 11

Share this post


Link to post

Ben could spend some time getting to know some other folks in Salem. Even spending time with Tripp and Allie will do him wonders.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post

3 hours ago, TenaciousWarrior said:

 

I liked NuChanel and Allie’s chemistry. I hope they move on from Tripp.

 

This! Please! I really am not up for Trippy/Chanel /Allie . I think Trip and Allie are boring and I don’t have any chemistry whatsoever. And I don’t want to waste time trying to see if nu-Chanel and Tripp have chem. I just don’t  care. 

I think it’d be much more interesting having Allie and Chanel develop real feelings for each other. 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post

James Reynolds was so good today.  I’m glad he was given the opportunity to shine.  Jackee Harry didn’t do anything that stood out for me but I liked that Paulina explained how her past experiences have molded into her into someone who dehumanizes others for her own gain.  It was interesting watching both characters coming from a place of truth with no easy resolution in the mix. 

Ben looks like such an asshole.  If you’re not a CiN fan, I don’t know how you can see him as anything but an asshole.  Not that Ciara is a real prize.  Theo reminds me of one of those people who end up as collateral damage when two self-serving assholes have some drawn out, messy feud. 
 

I wasn’t a big fan on Precious Way’s acting choices but I enjoyed the energy she brought to her scenes.  Cautiously optimistic about nuChanel.  

Edited by enchantingmonkey
  • Like 11

Share this post


Link to post

After spending six months with Ciara, Theo may reevaluate his choice. The girl that got away. Theo, that is the Universe saving your butt.

  • Like 4
  • Laugh 5

Share this post


Link to post

When was the Horton Town Square dedicated/built? I liked Tom & Alice, but just how long do the Hortons expect that plaque and square to remain as some sort of memorial to their patriarch & matriarch? The town square seems like an outdoor shopping center, and things like that change over time. Yes, Paulina was deceitful, but she is business woman and it appears she got the permits she needed to redo the square and put up her big box store. I assume all the moralizing and browbeating the Salemites will do in the coming weeks will cause Paulina to change her mind, but if Jackee is going to stick around I honestly hope the show embraces Paulina as the ruthless businesswoman they're trying to portray her as and don't redeem her. With her business savvy and wealth, she could become the shows version of Alexis Carrington (yes, I know with these writers that is a laughable prospect). 

Don't care for Ben, Ciara, or Theo, but it is so obvious Ciara is going to get her memories back and drop Theo like a hot potato. I felt bad for him when his own freakin' sister was practically singing the praises of the serial killer and how he'd never hurt Ciara, and then later when Ben said he's loveable like a puppy and Theo just stood there with no comeback. 

The new Chanel looks like a cross between Thandie Newton and Zoe Saldana and it was distracting me. The fact that her first scenes were with Allie (and they were already kissing) makes me believe the show is going full steam ahead with their first lesbian couple. I just hope Tripp is removed from their orbit real quick because I'd hate for him to be another sad-sack like Theo. And as Steve's son and a Johnson I want more for him. Too bad the only other age-appropriate female on the show is Claire, and she is just the worst right now with all her blubbering over Ben & Ciara. 

  • Like 4
  • Useful 1

Share this post


Link to post
8 hours ago, bunnyblue said:

When was the Horton Town Square dedicated/built? I liked Tom & Alice, but just how long do the Hortons expect that plaque and square to remain as some sort of memorial to their patriarch & matriarch? The town square seems like an outdoor shopping center, and things like that change over time. Yes, Paulina was deceitful, but she is business woman and it appears she got the permits she needed to redo the square and put up her big box store. I assume all the moralizing and browbeating the Salemites will do in the coming weeks will cause Paulina to change her mind, but if Jackee is going to stick around I honestly hope the show embraces Paulina as the ruthless businesswoman they're trying to portray her as and don't redeem her. With her business savvy and wealth, she could become the shows version of Alexis Carrington (yes, I know with these writers that is a laughable prospect). 

She's an unethical businesswoman and IMO that's not something to be either celebrated or embraced.  She used current social issues to emotionally sway opinion and that's depraved.  That's deeply messed up.

Yeah, she got the permits but she got them by lying and I don't see that as anything to be either congratulated or tolerated.  

If Salem wants to move on and no longer celebrate the contributions Tom and Alice made to Salem, that's within their rights.  It's not within the rights of some outside developer to do it for her own personal gain.

Business sense isn't a celebration of abandoning honesty and lying to gain an advantage.

She should go to jail for misrepresentation.

Edited by boes
  • Like 14

Share this post


Link to post

First, I don't know how I feel about the new Chanel. Precious Way had an energy about her that made even the sometimes boring writing fun which also impacted her scene partners like Allie. Since, this was a more sullen scene, I don't know if the new actress has the same quality. I thought she was fine. I'll have to see more of her as I truly did love PW's Chanel and the Erica Kane vibe the show went for with her.

Did Rafe/Ava show up because of contractual obligations? That was just odd.

I hope Ciara will get a chance to interact with someone other than Ben and Theo soon. I wouldn't mind seeing a Chanel/Ciara scene that has nothing to do with Theo.

I like Paulina, but I just didn't care about her backstory.

I'm ready for new storylines.

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post

11 hours ago, boes said:

And it seems that Show thought making Ollie arrogant and condescending this time around with Ciara and Theo was the way to really dial up the rooooomance, I guess? 

Ben and Ciara are both pretty much always arrogant and condescending. A match made in hell lol.

10 hours ago, Frozendiva said:

Was Nicole really at Rafe's or was he just imagining her?

At the end of the ep? Rafe and Ava weren't at Rafe's house. They were outside the Brady Pub and Nicole was coming out of there.

  • Like 10

Share this post


Link to post
9 hours ago, boes said:

She's an unethical businesswoman and IMO that's not something to be either celebrated or embraced.  She used current social issues to emotionally sway opinion and that's depraved.  That's deeply messed up.

Yeah, she got the permits but she got them by lying and I don't see that as anything to be either congratulated or tolerated.  

If Salem wants to move on and no longer celebrate the contributions Tom and Alice made to Salem, that's within their rights.  It's not within the rights of some outside developer to do it for her own personal gain.

Business sense isn't a celebration of abandoning honesty and lying to gain an advantage.

She should go to jail for misrepresentation.

We could assume, though, that Paulina exists in a world where men engage in all of those underhanded methods, and get away with it.  I’m not excusing or endorsing anything that Paulina did but I appreciate her more as a character who’s challenging double standards. I’m still rooting for Abe to come at her with everything he’s got but I can understand why Paulina sees the world the way she does.  
 

The funny thing would be if the Show can no longer afford to use the Horton Square set anymore, and Paulina/Stunt Casting was the spot the dart landed on the Plot Point Dart Board in the writer’s room that day.  And here we are discussing the morality of Paulina’s actions.  

  • Like 8
  • Useful 2

Share this post


Link to post
10 hours ago, bunnyblue said:

 

When was the Horton Town Square dedicated/built?

 

2011. The show introduced the set and the plaque as an excuse to celebrate and bring back John, Marlena, Austin and Carrie. Hope was partly responsible for that dedication and celebration.

  • Like 2
  • Useful 3

Share this post


Link to post
11 hours ago, bunnyblue said:

just how long do the Hortons expect that plaque and square to remain as some sort of memorial to their patriarch & matriarch?

What ever happened to the statue dedicated to "dead" Abigail?

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, RedElf said:

What ever happened to the statue dedicated to "dead" Abigail?

Chad married her.

  • Laugh 22

Share this post


Link to post

Oh 100% EJ knows about Sami and Lucas and he's playing the long game with his pity party poor husband routine. You'd think Sami would be better at catching on than this.

Brady bought a backbone! Have a cookie, Brady.

Loved all the Lucas snark. "Thanks for chiming in, Roman!"

  • Like 9
  • Laugh 6

Share this post


Link to post

Kate STILL isn't done with Jake yet?  At least Lucas took her to task about lying. I just don't understand why he's the only one.

I can't believe Nicole has been able to piece out all the intricacies of why Sami and Lucas slept together but no one has realized that Kristen was "Sarah" when "Sarah" left town. 

Why does Gabi look like she's wearing a winter dress when it's mid summer when she'll be wearing a summer outfit in the middle of winter?  Why were Jake and Gabi so excited about getting EJ's letter?  I'd understand once they open it but just a letter? 

Gabi should sell the DiMera mansion.

Sami and nu EJ's post sex looked awkward and not just because of Sami's expression. 

 

Edited by Irlandesa
  • Like 8

Share this post


Link to post

Jake asking Rafe 'what's your beef with EJ?"...Rafe, casually says, "Didnt pay a parking ticket" LOL...I thot that was a good line.   I would have thot Gabi would have told Jake about her brother being married to Sami at one point.

  • Like 8

Share this post


Link to post

So Kristen is in a hotel room.  I wonder what credit cards she's using that can't be traced.

That outfit Nicole is wearing is not flattering, and I don't like the color. On the other hand, Gabi's outfit is beautiful.

https://wornontv.net/222743/

They don't have Gabi's dress.

I'm disappointed that the breakfast didn't spill all over the bed.

 

 

 

  • Like 1
  • Laugh 2

Share this post


Link to post
3 hours ago, RunningMarket said:

Loved all the Lucas snark. "Thanks for chiming in, Roman!"

I was waiting all last week for the scene when Lucas found out about Kate faking, because I knew he'd be salty as hell about it. Disappointed we didn't see that, but today was almost as good. 

2 hours ago, RedElf said:

I'm disappointed that the breakfast didn't spill all over the bed.

Me too! 

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
18 hours ago, Frozendiva said:

Ben could spend some time getting to know some other folks in Salem. Even spending time with Tripp and Allie will do him wonders.

You know even though Ben was rather bland during his relationship with Abigail he was a better character in that he interacted with a variety of other people despite being fixated on Abigail. I also liked him a lot more back then and was far more watchable to me. I can't say the same now.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post

5 hours ago, RunningMarket said:

Oh 100% EJ knows about Sami and Lucas and he's playing the long game with his pity party poor husband routine. You'd think Sami would be better at catching on than this.

Brady bought a backbone! Have a cookie, Brady.

Loved all the Lucas snark. "Thanks for chiming in, Roman!"

If he doesn’t, he will. But of course he does.

Brady? A backbone? Nope! It’s s easy to have one on the phone! Plus, Kristen  was right! He does think he’s in love with Chloe and if he just said , “Damn right I am” ..that’s when he can have a cookie.

Lucas was great today

 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
5 hours ago, BuckeyeLou said:

 

Jake asking Rafe 'what's your beef with EJ?"...Rafe, casually says, "Didnt pay a parking ticket" LOL...I thot that was a good line.   I would have thot Gabi would have told Jake about her brother being married to Sami at one point.

 

Loved that!  Can’t believe I’m saying this , but
I totally enjoyed Rafe  today..speaking truths and making sense all over the place regarding Jake and Gabi. 
Still can’t stand Jake.
I don’t see how or when Gabi would have had a chance to mention that Rafe and Sami were married, when she and Jake barely know each other? All they have is her obsession with his dead brother and..sex?! 

Edited by Chellfairy
  • Like 3
  • Laugh 3

Share this post


Link to post
5 hours ago, Irlandesa said:

Why were Jake and Gabi so excited about getting EJ's letter?  I'd understand once they open it but just a letter? 

Because they think they’ll have something on EJ in the letter, which they won’t. It’s nothing they can use to get Jake back into the business he doesn’t belong in.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
37 minutes ago, Chellfairy said:

Loved that!  Can’t believe I’m saying this , but
I totally enjoyed Rafe  today..speaking truths and making sense all over the place regarding Jake and Gabi. 
Still can’t stand Jake.
I don’t see how or when Gabi would have had a chance to mention that Rafe and Sami were married, when she and Jake barely know each other? All they have is her obsession with his dead brother and..sex?! 

Nothing like a relationship with few complications.

  • Laugh 3

Share this post


Link to post
5 hours ago, Irlandesa said:

Sami and nu EJ's post sex looked awkward and not just because of Sami's expression. 

There doesn't seem to be much of a "steamy" chemistry between the two actors but I'm fine with it, as storyline has them at a low point in their relationship.  I can't wait for Lucas to find out Sami has started having sex with her husband again, though.  He's going to have to do a lot of rationalizing to keep up this idea of him and Sami being destined to be together.  

I loved how Nicole went at Lucas, disorienting him a little with the question about his brain tumor, then going for the knockdown punch with the accusation about him and Sami having sex.  I got the best laugh out of that entire scene.  It's nice to see shades of the old Nicole.  

 

27 minutes ago, Chellfairy said:

It’s nothing they can use to get Jake back into the business he doesn’t belong in.

They'll have Sami in their pocket, which isn't a total waste.   Manipulating Sami is bound to do some damage, as long as it doesn't blow up in your face.  

It was nice to see Kristin's nose being rubbed in her own poo.  Her entire phone call with Brady was a painful display of how all of her scheming did absolutely nothing to improve her life circumstances.  It was the first time in a long time that Kristin felt like an actual human being, rather than Dick Dastardly's Long Lost Daughter.  

  • Like 7

Share this post


Link to post

I liked Kate's blouse. Nice blue shade. Gabi looked dress for early to mid September. If the Salem Inn closes, maybe the Pub will be the new Inn. Kate and Lucas do have money to afford an apartment or airbnb.

Nicole sure put together the Lucas and Sami timeline very well. Has anyone called Rex to see how Sarah is? They'd be surprised that he got dumped the next day. Odd that no one cares that she hasn't been in contact with anyone.

EJ does have a nice pyjama collection and the pink sheets was a nice change from the show's usual grey ones. I eat very litle food in bed. No need to have crumbs or a mess.

How nice to hear from you, Kristen! You must have great confidence in mail arriving quickly, and especially from overseas. Unless you are in Brookville.

Enjoyed Rafe's comments. He doesn't have to like Jake, but Gabi is his sister and she is an adult and can choose her own boyfriends. Guess Jake didn't think to kick Ben out of the garage apartment. Rafe could mention that he used to be married to Sami.

  • Like 3
  • Useful 1

Share this post


Link to post
19 minutes ago, enchantingmonkey said:

 I can't wait for Lucas to find out Sami has started having sex with her husband again, though.  He's going to have to do a lot of rationalizing to keep up this idea of him and Sami being destined to be together.  

I don't think it will take much rationalizing.  Lucas already knows Sami is hellbent on "saving" her marriage. Sleeping with EJ aligns with that mission.

He just thinks he's a better option and wants Sami to take a breath and really consider what she gets from her marriage vs. what she could get from a relationship with him.

 

  • Like 8

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, enchantingmonkey said:

There doesn't seem to be much of a "steamy" chemistry between the two actors but I'm fine with it, as storyline has them at a low point in their relationship.  I can't wait for Lucas to find out Sami has started having sex with her husband again, though.  He's going to have to do a lot of rationalizing to keep up this idea of him and Sami being destined to be together.  

I loved how Nicole went at Lucas, him a little with the question about his brain tumor, then going for the knockdown punch with the accusation about him and Sami having sex.  I got the best laugh out of that entire scene.  It's nice to see shades of the old Nicole.  

 

They'll have Sami in their pocket, which isn't a total waste.   Manipulating Sami is bound to do some damage, as long as it doesn't blow up in your face.  

It was nice to see Kristin's nose being rubbed in her own poo.  Her entire phone call with Brady was a painful display of how all of her scheming did absolutely nothing to improve her life circumstances.  It was the first time in a long time that Kristin felt like an actual human being, rather than Dick Dastardly's Long Lost Daughter.  

So far, there is very little sexual chem with nuEJ /Sami. It’s all weird. And still, no skin from nu-Ej !!! It went from silk pajamas..to a too long silk robe. He really can’t be that out of shape. Jeez.

Loved the Nicole/Lucas scene! 
 

which is why I don’t see how Gabi and Jake can manipulate Sami. Nicole is going to take care of that, so they really won’t have any leverage in getting “even” with EJ by anything Kristen has to say in the letter. Not looking forward to all that nonsense.

Truly was the first time Kristen seemed human.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
scarynikki12

Spoilers are not allowed in this thread. Period. Any posts that include spoilers (and casting information qualifies) will be removed. There are several other threads that allow spoilers so take that discussion to one of them.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...

Customize font-size