Jump to content
Forums forums
PRIMETIMER
CatLady

Current Plots Discussion: Actually Today's Episode

Recommended Posts

3 hours ago, RedElf said:

Why was Claire's first thought to call Ben?

He is her hero. 

  • Like 1
  • Laugh 1

Share this post


Link to post

4 hours ago, Pearson80 said:

The only Abigail that I ever liked was Ashley Benson who looked like Jennifer but was more like Jack.  

Yep. Those were the days, my friend! 😊 then she had to go and make that cheerleading movie. Wonder what she’s doing now?

6 hours ago, Petunia13 said:

I hate Abby more than any character on soaps, but like her solely because of MM's interpretation and I'm okay being alone on this

giphy.gif?cid=5e2148861ee8b3486b57cff779

😂
Oh no, you are not alone!! 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
57 minutes ago, tribeca said:

 

4 hours ago, RedElf said:

Why was Claire's first thought to call Ben?

 

Because she’s not the brightest star in the sky. 
And yes, @tribeca..he’s her hero, the one to rescue her ..from all her perceived slights from Ciara(And deep down, she needs a win “against” Ciara)

  • Like 4
  • Laugh 2

Share this post


Link to post

She doesn't know if she call 911 they could trace her call and location? 
 

and she looks practically same age as Belle her "mom" so really should get some common sense as well as stop Single White Female-ing Ciara life. Like now she want to f Ben so she can vicariously feel like she "is" Ciara. That's the difference old Claire had interests a job lived independently. She hated Ciara but didn't want to BE her or wear her flesh.... she wanted to All About Eve her & X out. She wouldn't be falling for any old bullshit from Charlie or Jan either, she was a schemer and scammer herself. I don't know what this Claire is but she's a went noodle and weirdo not in good way! 

  • Like 10

Share this post


Link to post
27 minutes ago, Petunia13 said:

She doesn't know if she call 911 they could trace her call and location? 
 

and she looks practically same age as Belle her "mom" so really should get some common sense as well as stop Single White Female-ing Ciara life. Like now she want to f Ben so she can vicariously feel like she "is" Ciara. That's the difference old Claire had interests a job lived independently. She hated Ciara but didn't want to BE her or wear her flesh.... she wanted to All About Eve her & X out. She wouldn't be falling for any old bullshit from Charlie or Jan either, she was a schemer and scammer herself. I don't know what this Claire is but she's a went noodle and weirdo not in good way! 

Bravo 🙌🙌!!! Spot on!

3 minutes ago, Chellfairy said:

 

Plus it’s also kinda creepy that Ben looks like he could be Shawn’s bio son 🤢

Edited by Chellfairy · Reason: Posting probs
  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post

Has Ben stopped taking he’s medication?   Is that why he is seeing Jordan ?

Chad scene with Gwen was strange.  He just walks in and stares at her and her pile of pills.  He is really dumb lately.  It would not surprise me if he slept with Gwen again. 

  • Like 11
  • Useful 2
  • Laugh 2

Share this post


Link to post

So Jan, who woke up early from her coma, had plenty of time to plot Charlie's murder and frame Belle for it in her plan to win back Shawn Brady and become Mrs. Jan Brady. And planned it well she did - with half the town being suspects for Charlie's death. So perfect so no one would suspect. And tells Claire all about her plan and how the murder went down. Almost proud of herself and the stupidity of the Salemites.

Claire, you can call 911. You pay X amount a month for 911 to find your location via the phone. And Ben, why didn't you take a minute to call Shawn Brady and tell him that Claire left her phone on and that Jan has her. Shawn knows Claire's number and can use the police resources to track the phone! Claire, you are not a low-rent Ciara and you are your own person. When Ben signs the divorce papers, you can do whatever you want with him, but will most likely feel like a Ciara substitute. Get out in the world, find a job, finish your degree and focus on yourself and not being someone's stand-in.

Ghost Jordan had a nice pink dress on. How is she Ben's conscience? Why isn't a spectre of Marlena appearing to him?

All of a sudden, this Dr. Snyder is in existence and he and his nasty demeanor for X years is finally out in the open? Kayla is right in that you can't get rid of an employee because he is a jerk. It is hard to clean up a toxic work environment. The good people end up leaving and the cliques or office roaches remain. You do need a reason to get rid of him. Otherwise he can find a good employment lawyer and sue the hospital. 

Poor Gwen being a drug mule. Tell Jack and Chad the real truth and bye bye the unfortunate job you stumbled on to. But then again, you've spoken so many lies so how would anyone believe this?

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
17 minutes ago, tribeca said:

Chad scene with Gwen was strange.  He just walks in and stares at her and her pile of pills.  He is really dumb lately.  It would not surprise me if he slept with Gwen again. 

Yeah I was like "are they chem testing them or...?" 🤷🏻‍♀️ And the scene just dragged like they were trying to reach a time limit or word count for school LOL

i like Jan and the crazy doctor it's fun having bad guys who aren't Kristen. Ben and Jordan always seem like they have sexual tension. The last time before she was killed off they were almost flirting some scenes 😬

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post

Ben may be a pile of wet leaves most of the time but his subconscious is apparently fabulous. I enjoyed Guilty!Conscience!Jordan so much. (Oh, and that petulant little pen throw! Ha! So funny. You really showed that ghost, Ben.)

  • Like 2
  • Laugh 8

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, Frozendiva said:

Claire, you can call 911. You pay X amount a month for 911 to find your location via the phone. And Ben, why didn't you take a minute to call Shawn Brady and tell him that Claire left her phone on and that Jan has her. Shawn knows Claire's number and can use the police resources to track the phone! Claire, you are not a low-rent Ciara and you are your own person. When Ben signs the divorce papers, you can do whatever you want with him, but will most likely feel like a Ciara substitute. Get out in the world, find a job, finish your degree and focus on yourself and not being someone's stand-in.

And WHY when Ben realized what was happening, couldn't he have taken a moment to call - the police, her father (who is the police) or anyone else who may have had a chance of stopping Jan?  Nope, rather than use that thing in his hand as a, I don't know, a TELEPHONE he decides he needs to drive over to the house.  Oh... of course... he was going to be the hero, break in and save the damsel in distress.  No one ever thinks that the person might not actually be where you think they are by the time you get there.  Wonder if he stood and listened to all 11 minutes of the message before it dawned on him that maybe Claire was in trouble.

  • Like 11
  • Useful 2

Share this post


Link to post

Sure, drive to the house, after telling Shawn he was heading there. Shawn could have called up the phone provider to do a location search. IF Claire didn’t leave the phone at home.

  • Like 2
  • Useful 1

Share this post


Link to post
6 hours ago, peachmangosteen said:

Sadly, because she wants his dick.

Yep, and I loved her decision to call Ben rather than her parents.  Of course, I wanted it to be ORK, because her Claire was far more self-serving, but whatever.  I'll take it.  

Did Chrishell Stause look like that the last time she was on?  I did not know who Ben was talking to at first.

All that I kept thinking during Jan's Plot Moving Exposition Dump was that she saw Dr Rolf out in the parking lot with a syringe full of something.  She didn't say anything we didn't already know, and what a pathetic villain revealing every step of her diabolical plan to someone who never needed to know.  

I'm ready for a round of Kayla vs. Dirty Rotten Scoundrel Dr Snyder.

Many thanks to Gwen and Chad for giving me some scenes I actually cared about.

Kate Mansi was a one-trick pony.  She was really good at hissing and clawing at the scenery.  Good riddance to bad actors.  

 

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post

I've said this quite a few times but I love Jan/HL. When she told Charlie that this was for Claire, Allie, her and every woman that had ever been abused by a man like him, I actually felt sympathy for JAN. I also loved her response to "Mrs. Brady?" and she said, "No. Not yet." Oh Jan, even when you're dangerous you're hilarious. I thought, as always, she was the highlight of the episode. It's been a while since, I've seen a villain - of any gender - that I truly love, and her Jan actually reminds me of Janet Green - Robin M's version - from All My Children. I never want her to go away.

It's great that the afterlife has such wonderful salons and a Bloomingdales. Jordan looks great. Somehow, I remembered CS being a better actress in the past. Her line readings were painful.

I've stopped paying attention to anything Gwen/Abby/Jack related, but with Abby gone, how is Dr. Snyder blackmailing her? She's also admitted to lying about Abby pushing her. I guess I could pay attention to the scenes, but I'd rather remain confused. It's just painful to get through now.

I truly despise Kayla, Steve, and Tripp. Truly despise. This may belong in the unpopular opinion thread but I hate the Johnson/Devereaux clan - not including Jennifer and Abby. What's weird is I found Kayla to be every bit as mean and unlikable in her role as doctor as they are claiming Dr. Snyder is. She's hostile, cold, and short with people when she's in doctor mode. I wish Nancy and Craig and Ann - anyone remember her? - would return and devote their lives to making Kayla and Tripp lives a living hell. It's what they deserve. (Oh, and if Jan could shoot all of them, even better).

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
45 minutes ago, 4evaQuez said:

I've stopped paying attention to anything Gwen/Abby/Jack related, but with Abby gone, how is Dr. Snyder blackmailing her? She's also admitted to lying about Abby pushing her. I guess I could pay attention to the scenes, but I'd rather remain confused. It's just painful to get through now.

And yes, Dr. Snyder COULD expose her, but she could then turn around and remind him that he would lose his license over HIPAA violations - is a little blackmail worth that?  And now that she knows that he's dealing drugs, she has two things to hold over his head - loss of license AND prison time (not that Statesville is exactly a prison.)

  • Like 7

Share this post


Link to post
14 hours ago, Pearson80 said:

Abigail is a Horton/Johnson/Devereaux, she should be a hot mess..

She is a hot mess. The problem is they have most of the other characters act like she's some kind of heroine.

11 hours ago, tribeca said:

Chad scene with Gwen was strange.  He just walks in and stares at her and her pile of pills.  He is really dumb lately.  It would not surprise me if he slept with Gwen again. 

Yea, that whole thing was weird. I'm afraid they're going to put them together. BF looked bored as hell in those scenes. He's so lifeless most of the time. Show, please take Gwen out of Chad's orbit!

  • Like 8

Share this post


Link to post
35 minutes ago, DaphneCat said:

And yes, Dr. Snyder COULD expose her, but she could then turn around and remind him that he would lose his license over HIPAA violations - is a little blackmail worth that?  And now that she knows that he's dealing drugs, she has two things to hold over his head - loss of license AND prison time (not that Statesville is exactly a prison.)

I agree completely. I also wish we could have gotten more of a build up to Dr. Snyder. He's in the Gwen storyline, the Jan storyline, and Steve and Kayla (um, this isn't really a storyline) set of scenes. A villainous doctor is needed on the show. I wonder if the show would consider casting a villainous Dr. Jeremy Horton - if Carrie, Belle, and Justin could magically become lawyers why not Jeremy a doctor. He could easily fit in the Last Blast generation with a little SORAS - he was in the Stephanie Johnson generation the last time he was on the show.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, 4evaQuez said:

What's weird is I found Kayla to be every bit as mean and unlikable in her role as doctor as they are claiming Dr. Snyder is. She's hostile, cold, and short with people when she's in doctor mode.

LOLZ remember when she screamed her head off at Sarah for being a few minutes late "Where the hell were you?!? I called 20 min ago" and Sarah squeaked "I was with Xander and my ringer was off" and she huffed "no excuse I needed you" like the bitch jumped out! 

and remember when she wanted to harvest the heart from Kate ans was wheeling her into the OR and Kate woke up  and started hollering? 😂 the hell?! 

  • Like 2
  • Laugh 8

Share this post


Link to post
2 hours ago, DaphneCat said:

And yes, Dr. Snyder COULD expose her, but she could then turn around and remind him that he would lose his license over HIPAA violations - is a little blackmail worth that?  And now that she knows that he's dealing drugs, she has two things to hold over his head - loss of license AND prison time (not that Statesville is exactly a prison.)

When we discovered that he was dealing drugs, it made me realize why he wouldn't care about HIPAA.  But yes, I think the blackmail aspect of their relationship is essentially over if she can prove they're his drugs. 

But now she's implicated in that too.

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post

2 hours ago, peachmangosteen said:

She is a hot mess. The problem is they have most of the other characters act like she's some kind of heroine.

13 hours ago, tribeca said:

That is what turned me off of her.  Sami in her villainess stage was never treated as a heroine.  Whereas, Abigail was treated as one when she was played by Kate .  Abigail becoming obsessed with Austin was in character based on her prior history with Max.  Abigail fixated on Max Brady and the show hinted that her obsessive trait would be a problem back when Ashley Benson played her.  The writers who wrote for Ashley's Abigail clearly wanted her to be the female Jack.  We all saw that Jack's fixation on Kayla led to destruction for both of them.

Edited by Pearson80
  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
2 hours ago, 4evaQuez said:

I agree completely. I also wish we could have gotten more of a build up to Dr. Snyder. He's in the Gwen storyline, the Jan storyline, and Steve and Kayla (um, this isn't really a storyline) set of scenes. A villainous doctor is needed on the show. I wonder if the show would consider casting a villainous Dr. Jeremy Horton - if Carrie, Belle, and Justin could magically become lawyers why not Jeremy a doctor. He could easily fit in the Last Blast generation with a little SORAS - he was in the Stephanie Johnson generation the last time he was on the show.

Jeremy used to abuse Stefanie Johnson and I really hated that story.  I still remember him putting her head under water in the swimming pool in a jealous rage and it was just disgusting. You had Stefanie crying and blubbering begging him for forgiveness for pissing him off when she did nothing to deserve that type of hate. 

 Why does the show hate Horton males so much?  It is really strange.  They have all been neutered and marginalized.  I don't have a problem with them having flaws but why must they become monsters.  Nick and Jeremy are the extreme cases that come to mind. 

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
12 hours ago, enchantingmonkey said:

Kate Mansi was a one-trick pony.  She was really good at hissing and clawing at the scenery.  Good riddance to bad actors.  

I agree with this--KM was good at spitting her anger out but when it came to any scene that required the least bit of nuance,?  Epic fail.  Marci Miller is able to show her anger and the pain and heartbreak that went right along with it.

On today's show, I'm unexpectedly enjoying the Belle/Shawn/Jan conversations and I especially like Belle's worry and fear for Claire's safety--she knows Jan is crazy and will do anything to get Shawn's attention, maybe even hurt his daughter.

I also truly enjoyed Lucas' telling off Brady and Phillip's yelling at and then trying to choke Kristen but the best part?  Brady finally realizing that the woman he's been championing for the past couple of years, hasn't changed at all and she's just as viscous as she's always been.

Good times.

  • Like 12

Share this post


Link to post

I was LOL at Lucas running in at exactly the right time with a convenient Baseball bat & whacked Xander's arm so that he dropped the gun.  Sami looked very happy about that :)  And "Guilty Conscience" Jordan is a Hoot.  

  • Like 5
  • Laugh 5

Share this post


Link to post

Considering how many people roam through the park, how can Jan and Claire not run into anybody?

Yeah, I wouldn't count on the Salem cops saving me, either.

I guess Ben's imagination includes trendy fashion designing.

I knew Sami was going to do that to Xander's arm.

 

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post

I turned it off half way through because I just don't care. Not even Sami snarking at Xander ("suck it" was hilarious) could keep me. Why is Jan's obsession with Shawn still a thing? And I'm sorry, but Heather Lindell is not a great actress.

Also Ben? Why do you have a guilty conscience over trying to help someone in danger? Also Ben? Why are you the go-to for saving damsels in distress? I realize we're dealing with the Salem PD here, but still.

  • Like 4
  • Laugh 2

Share this post


Link to post

25 minutes ago, RedElf said:

Considering how many people roam through the park, how can Jan and Claire not run into anybody?

Soooooo ridiculous how both Jan and Kristen can force people from one area to another without anyone around to witness, or for the hostage to shout out for help. 

Yeah, I wouldn't count on the Salem cops saving me, either.

 

2 minutes ago, RunningMarket said:

 Also Ben? Why are you the go-to for saving damsels in distress? I realize we're dealing with the Salem PD here, but still.

Notwithstanding the viewers' contempt for the Salem PD, but what's Shawn's excuse?  Why didn't he at least try to involve the entire police force in searching for his own freaking daughter?!  If he's afraid of trigger happy Jan, tell his co-workers to lay off the lights/sirens.  Instead, he enlists Ben to help?!  Civilian BEN??!!  In any "normal" kidnapping, the first 24 hours are key. That's when you have the best chance of finding the victim, so you need to bring in as many resources as possible. 

I feel like I'm losing brain cells watching this show...

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post
21 minutes ago, norcalgal said:

 

Notwithstanding the viewers' contempt for the Salem PD, but what's Shawn's excuse?  Why didn't he at least try to involve the entire police force in searching for his own freaking daughter?!  If he's afraid of trigger happy Jan, tell his co-workers to lay off the lights/sirens.  Instead, he enlists Ben to help?!  Civilian BEN??!!  In any "normal" kidnapping, the first 24 hours are key. That's when you have the best chance of finding the victim, so you need to bring in as many resources as possible. 

I feel like I'm losing brain cells watching this show...

Wouldn't it be amazing if Shawn was secretly plotting Ben's downfall so when CIIIAAARRRRAAAAA inevitably regains her memory, Ben ain't around.

He did call the police, but long after Ben was already on his way to Murder Park.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post

No wonder this show was the only soap NOT nominated for a writing Emmy. The nomination committee probably said "no friggin' way." Lol

  • Like 1
  • Laugh 8

Share this post


Link to post
9 hours ago, 4evaQuez said:

I've said this quite a few times but I love Jan/HL. When she told Charlie that this was for Claire, Allie, her and every woman that had ever been abused by a man like him, I actually felt sympathy for JAN. I also loved her response to "Mrs. Brady?" and she said, "No. Not yet." Oh Jan, even when you're dangerous you're hilarious. I thought, as always, she was the highlight of the episode. It's been a while since, I've seen a villain - of any gender - that I truly love, and her Jan actually reminds me of Janet Green - Robin M's version - from All My Children. I never want her to go away.

It's great that the afterlife has such wonderful salons and a Bloomingdales. Jordan looks great. Somehow, I remembered CS being a better actress in the past. Her line readings were painful.

I've stopped paying attention to anything Gwen/Abby/Jack related, but with Abby gone, how is Dr. Snyder blackmailing her? She's also admitted to lying about Abby pushing her. I guess I could pay attention to the scenes, but I'd rather remain confused. It's just painful to get through now.

I truly despise Kayla, Steve, and Tripp. Truly despise. This may belong in the unpopular opinion thread but I hate the Johnson/Devereaux clan - not including Jennifer and Abby. What's weird is I found Kayla to be every bit as mean and unlikable in her role as doctor as they are claiming Dr. Snyder is. She's hostile, cold, and short with people when she's in doctor mode. I wish Nancy and Craig and Ann - anyone remember her? - would return and devote their lives to making Kayla and Tripp lives a living hell. It's what they deserve. (Oh, and if Jan could shoot all of them, even better).

I also LOVE me some Jan Spears. Even when she first appeared in OG teen scene..yes , a mean girl, horrible, loved it. I’m just grateful they brought back the original actress and didn’t try to recast. Hope they keep her around.

Also, not a fan of the Horton/Jonson clan. They’ve all done some pretty rotten things, yet portrayed as “good people”  . It’s the hypocrisy that’s infuriating.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post

I enjoyed the hell outta this ep. They keep entertaining me. I'm just keep waiting for it to get boring again lol.

  • Like 7

Share this post


Link to post

Loved all the Lucas scenes today. From railing at Brady to hitting Xander’s arm with a baseball bat....he was good today!

  • Like 8

Share this post


Link to post

23 hours ago, Pearson80 said:

She had a dark side and that came from Jack and I liked her characterization.  She had an obsessive trait and it drew her to Nick who also had a dark side that he was struggling with.  The brother/sister relationship between them was divine.

 I loved the Nick/Chelsea/Max/Abigail dynamic and the show should have made them the centerpiece for stories.  It also continued the long tradition of Hortons and Bradys dating each other.  I despised Chelsea but her dynamic with that group made her endearing. Abigail was attracted to Chelsea's dark side and felt a kinship with her. Abigail should have been an anti-heroine who struggles with her dark side.  Abigail is a Horton/Johnson/Devereaux, she should be a hot mess..

JJ and Abby should both be darker and while JJ seemed to start off that way they completely neutered him by the end of his run.  Abby has done some dark things but they are always excused or brushed aside. I feel JJ is far more self aware in that regard and seems to want to be better.

Edited by CanaryFan98
  • Like 4
  • Useful 1

Share this post


Link to post
6 hours ago, Pearson80 said:

Jeremy used to abuse Stefanie Johnson and I really hated that story.  I still remember him putting her head under water in the swimming pool in a jealous rage and it was just disgusting. You had Stefanie crying and blubbering begging him for forgiveness for pissing him off when she did nothing to deserve that type of hate. 

 Why does the show hate Horton males so much?  It is really strange.  They have all been neutered and marginalized.  I don't have a problem with them having flaws but why must they become monsters.  Nick and Jeremy are the extreme cases that come to mind. 

Well I guess Bill should be considered one but it was a different era. However most of them tend to be neutered entirely or disappear to never be heard from again. Which is why I prefer JJ off screen he will never be a better character because he's a Horton male completely doomed.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post

I don't expect it to last but I'm glad this show let Brady have his brain back.

Eric Martsolf makes Brady way better than he actually is. 

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post

Xander, you moved too slow to put the $10 million in to another account. Too bad Lucas smacked you with the baseball bat. Sami, it's doubtful that it is EJ knocking at the door. He would have a long flight from Italy.

Wonder if Ben has an internal struggle with trying to do good deeds and be a good person and Jordan manifests as the person who tells him he will never be good and never do good and will always hurt people. Why try to change? You will never be the person you want to be.

Shawn should alert the Salem PD to do a lights out surveillance on Jan Spears - once they find the vehicle. Too bad Kristen parked it in the wrong place. If it is Kate DiMera's vehicle, surely someone has her license plate number and the cops can keep an eye out for the car. And what is that thump thump from the trunk?

Belle, it's not too bright to turn yourself in for a crime you did not commit.

Brady, about time you got a couple of brain cells.

Shawn, Ben may be your brother in law but he is not a trained officer. Granted, he has slightly more competence than the couple of people on the police force. And that isn't much.

Steve and Kayla waxing over the nice guy that Tripp is becoming? Both have done crappy things.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post

Lucas's anger was righteous and beautiful, riiiight up until the point I was reminded he knew Kristen was out and about and causing havoc waaaay before Brady did. His discomfort and obfuscation—not exactly guilt but, you know what, good enough for me. (Does he have a fashionably fabulous ghost-relative to haunt his conscience?)

  • Like 2
  • Laugh 5

Share this post


Link to post
5 hours ago, TenaciousWarrior said:

Loved all the Lucas scenes today. From railing at Brady to hitting Xander’s arm with a baseball bat....he was good today!

I thought it was a lot of fun too.  But I also would love for Xander to find out that she and Lucas slept together and hold that over her head.  Her smug reaction today kind of called for it.  Xander may not be a killer but blackmailer?  That I can buy.

Otherwise, I thought this was a pretty boring ep.  Steve & Kayla's scenes felt like filler.  They didn't really fit in with the rest of the show.

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post

Lucas verbally assaulting Brady was awesome.  After being subjected to this ridiculous KruSan storyline for what seems like an eternity, Lucas could have gone on for the entire episode and I would have watched every second of it.  

If my guilty conscience is my dead sister who looks like she's been hanging out in Botox and Fillers Heaven, I'm pretty sure I'm not going to be too bothered by that.  

Please let it be EJ at the door so we can get on with this!

 

knocking.jpg

  • Like 7
  • Laugh 5

Share this post


Link to post

"What will be your defense for what happened to my mother?"

"She chose to exit the vehicle before it came to a complete stop." 

Bwahahahahahaha! I must admit that the verbal confrontations were on fire this episode. I also loved Kristen telling Philip Kate has some recessive gene that makes her sons losers who are only successful because Kate keeps sleeping with billionaires. Considering Austin and Rex are Kate's other sons, Kristen may have a valid theory.

I thought this episode had a good amount of intrigue with balancing the conclusion of stories with the beginnings of new ones - allegedly EJ, Sami, Lucas. It's been a long, long time since I've been an EJ fan and even longer since I've been an Ejami fan, but if that's really EJ at the door, I'm ready for him to cause havoc in Salem. 

It's interesting that 3 different people are searching for Chloe and three different people are searching for Claire and both have been missing for less than 24 hours. Sarah must be furious.

Again, I thought EM/Brady did a great job. The way he looked at Kristen at the police station felt like he was seeing her for the first time. The utter disgust on his face, and I love that it isn't simply Chloe that he's disgusted by but just the accumulation of damage that Kristen brought to Salem. I hope this truly is the end of that relationship.

  • Like 14

Share this post


Link to post
10 hours ago, enchantingmonkey said:

Lucas verbally assaulting Brady was awesome.  After being subjected to this ridiculous KruSan storyline for what seems like an eternity, Lucas could have gone on for the entire episode and I would have watched every second of it.  

If my guilty conscience is my dead sister who looks like she's been hanging out in Botox and Fillers Heaven, I'm pretty sure I'm not going to be too bothered by that.  

Please let it be EJ at the door so we can get on with this!

 

knocking.jpg

You’re not kidding she really is a sight to behold, another plastic surgery victim😳 and she is an absolutely horrible “actress”also

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
12 hours ago, Irlandesa said:

I thought it was a lot of fun too.  But I also would love for Xander to find out that she and Lucas slept together and hold that over her head.  Her smug reaction today kind of called for it.  Xander may not be a killer but blackmailer?  That I can buy.

Otherwise, I thought this was a pretty boring ep.  Steve & Kayla's scenes felt like filler.  They didn't really fit in with the rest of the show.

I don't like Sami a lot of the time, but I thought her smug reaction was actually justified this time. Xander has the nerve to show up to her parent's house (home of the woman he once shot and almost killed) po'd because he didn't get compensated for NOT killing her and then acts as if she owes him something. She was right that, first of all, if she showed up dead Xander would be the prime suspect, and that given Kristen has already been caught Xander's contract with her is most likely terminated. If I had been in Sami's shoes not only would I have asked EJ to take the money back as soon as I was out of harm's way, I would have had Xander arrested for attempted murder and extortion.

I thought the episode was good overall, but did find the Steve/Kayla scenes filler-esque.

I cheered so loud when Lucas hit Xander with that bat. I only wish he had hit him in the head and/or knocked him on his ass. And then Xander has the gall to whine about him breaking his arm. What did you expect when you were holding a gun on the mother of his children?

Kristen's crocodile tears were pathetic and I am glad that Brady is FINALLY starting to see the light about her.

It says a lot about Sami's opinion of "the love of her life" and the general level of toxicity in the EJami pairing, that Sami's first thought is that her husband is okay with her dying because he suspects she cheated.

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
6 minutes ago, FilmTVGeek80 said:

I thought her smug reaction was actually justified this time. Xander

Oh. For me it's not about justified or not. It's not like I need Sami to go down for cheating on EJ.  I 100% support her cheating on EJ.  I just think it's a fun back and forth. It's fun to watch her scramble.  I like the back and forth of it all.  Sami has a secret and just when she thinks she's done with Xander, something else would come up.

That's all. 

  • Like 6
  • Useful 2

Share this post


Link to post

I got a kick out of the scenes with Rafe grilling Sami & Lucas....Rafe knew something was up & since he was married to Sami, he knew she was lying to him.  Meanwhile, I had to push the Mute button every time Kristen was on-screen...her screeching & crying was too much & over the top.  Stacey's 'crying scrunched up" Face is not good.  

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post

On 5/20/2021 at 8:03 PM, DanaMB said:

Is it cold up north in the middle of May? Trying to figure out Chad’s turtleneck. 

I've been trying to figure out his pants.  Those bad boys are screaming they are so tight on his thighs.  I mean... They barely left anything to the imagination.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
On 5/25/2021 at 1:17 PM, kitmerlot1213 said:

I agree with this--KM was good at spitting her anger out but when it came to any scene that required the least bit of nuance,?  Epic fail.  Marci Miller is able to show her anger and the pain and heartbreak that went right along with it.

I think that's part of the reason why some preferred KM's version.  Abby has become (imho) such an unlikable character that it's much easier to just hate her.  MM brings the nuance that allows one to actually feel for the character, and for me at least, I become really uncomfortable.

  • Like 2
  • Useful 1

Share this post


Link to post

For anyone who saved their ears and skipped the the Kristen scenes, the short recap is that she pulled out every trick in the manipulative psychopath's handbook. Luckily Brady wasn't vulnerable enough to fall prey to it. I found it almost fascinating, but the screech level was set to 11.

I love Xander and Nicole sniping at each other. They have excellent enemy-chemistry. (Chenemistry?) Three times, huh? Hats off, Nic.

Now—now—Rafe is suddenly a good detective?? Well, I'll take it. It's never too late to learn competence, eh. What fun scenes. I love seeing Sami cornered and trying to wriggle out of it and usually failing. That's my girl.

16 minutes ago, FnkyChkn34 said:

They barely left anything to the imagination.

When he had his hands in his pockets! There should have been some S&P blurring there. It wasn't right, lol. 

  • Like 7

Share this post


Link to post
8 hours ago, 4evaQuez said:

Considering Austin and Rex are Kate's other sons, Kristen may have a valid theory.

I'm not so sure about that.  Wasn't Austin pretty successful in business?  And Rex is a doctor, right?  

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post

I love Philip calling Brady an idiot.

Where would Nicole get 10 million dollars?

And then show is interrupted for non-news.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
45 minutes ago, drtslim said:

I'm not so sure about that.  Wasn't Austin pretty successful in business?  And Rex is a doctor, right?  

Austin started out as a great character, but the show turned him into a complete idiot when Austin Peck took over the role. He was a professor the last time he was on the show.

Rex is supposed to be some type of genius, but I don't think the recast Rex has ever successfully portrayed that.

  • Useful 2

Share this post


Link to post
18 minutes ago, 4evaQuez said:

Austin started out as a great character, but the show turned him into a complete idiot when Austin Peck took over the role. He was a professor the last time he was on the show.

Yes, Austin is a complete dumbass. He fell for Sami’s schemes over and over.

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post

I was waiting impatiently for Philip and Shawn to make the connection between Kate's missing car and Chloe. Thankfully (and thanks to the perfectly timed security footage) we got that great mystery solved within the episode.

I also kept waiting for Kristen to start screeching about "that slut Chloe". You could tell she was close a few times. Otherwise, kudos to Brady for using the Salem Brain today!

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
scarynikki12

Spoilers are not allowed in this thread. Period. Any posts that include spoilers (and casting information qualifies) will be removed. There are several other threads that allow spoilers so take that discussion to one of them.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...

Customize font-size