Type keyword(s) to search

Current Plots Discussion: Actually Today's Episode

Message added by scarynikki12

Spoilers are not allowed in this thread. Period. Any posts that include spoilers (and casting information qualifies) will be removed. There are several other threads that allow spoilers so take that discussion to one of them.

• Start Topic

4 hours ago, kitmerlot1213 said:

I guess we're supposed to forget that the awesome Abs framed Gabi and helped send her to jail--no that was the alters and in no way Abby's hidden anger manifesting itself because Chad once loved Gabi.  Got it.

Let's also remember that Ciara once broke up with Ben when she found out that he had kidnapped Gabi on Stefan's orders.  One of her best scenes since I've been watching again. 

But now suddenly it's Gabi who's taking advantage of poor Stefan? 

Props to wardrobe today.  The women looked like they were dressed for summer for the most part.  Gabi had a cute sundress, a fun wedding jumpsuit and great hair.  And Jennifer was sleeveless with an open back.  It was almost a sexy dress.  Shocker.

• LOL 1
  • Love 11
1 hour ago, Sandman said:

Or maybe Xander just prefers to exercise in front of as wide an audience as possible?   

I prefer it - him, not me.

• LOL 6

I was ok with Ben questioning Stefan because It played to me like he genuinely cares about Stefan and wanted to make sure he was not going into the marriage blind. But Ciara’s commentary around what Gabi has done to Abby - given what Ben did to Abby - made no sense. I also felt she could have dialled back the attitude with Stefan given it’s his house.  Still, I’m enjoying the soapiness of it all and where it will lead. 

And there was certainly a lot of pretty when the four of them were in the room together! Wardrobe, hair and makeup did great today. 

• Love 6
20 minutes ago, WendyCR72 said:

As long as Jen is allowed to reciprocate, this works.

But that goes without saying.  Jenn and Abs are gold medalists in the art of the smack.  Not so long ago, barely a week went by without one of them working on their olympic smackathon technique.  I just think the team needs some expanding.....

• LOL 3
  • Love 3
Just now, boes said:

But that goes without saying.  Jenn and Abs are gold medalists in the art of the smack.  Not so long ago, barely a week went by without one of them working on their olympic smackathon technique.  I just think the team needs some expanding.....

I get it. 🙂 Except, in this particular case, I think Jen has earned the right to smack Eve. Repeatedly. 😛 The other 99% of the entitled slaps, not so much, agreed.

• Love 11

Rafe: You're marrying Stefan? Over my dead body.

Me: Win/win!

Seriously Rafe, she's moving out and guaranteed to be making good money - let her go. Too bad you are a seriously terrible detective or you would have put two and two together and realized this is a plan to take Stefan's money.

Shut up Ciara! Your boyfriend murdered people and your beloved cousin Abby was party to throwing Gabi in jail for a crime she didn't commit. Get over your entitled ass and grow up.

Eve, you did this to yourself. You could have given Jack the serum and then proved your love to him by supporting him. It may not have worked but then you could actually blame someone else for losing your marriage and job. Your decisions led to this, no one else's - grow up and accept it.

Sweet Jack and Jenn scenes and I liked that she admitted she could be judgemental and the ending was pure classic J&J. Eve may have taken his memory but she couldn't douse their chemistry.

• LOL 3
  • Love 10
7 hours ago, kitmerlot1213 said:

I am so glad that the Moral Authority of Salem, i.e. Ben and Ciara, have decided that Gabi is this horrible and irredeemable manipulative monster, but Stefan the rapist is the sweetest man who deserves happiness.  Got it. 

I guess we're supposed to forget that the awesome Abs framed Gabi and helped send her to jail--no that was the alters and in no way Abby's hidden anger manifesting itself because Chad once loved Gabi.  Got it.

Ciara apparently now knows women, especially women like Gabi and she can pass her sneering 22 year old judgement on them but she  couldn't see how sick her niece was.  Got it.

Ben, the serial killer, has declared that Gabi's The Absolute Worst, and he somehow manages to choke this out without any hint of irony.  Got it.

I would have paid cash money to see Eve smack Jenn, but of course then would never be allowed to happen.  Jenn is a Horton and therefore untouchable.

Eve slapped Jennifer a few years ago and Jennifer slapped her too in the middle of HTS so it has happened before. It depends on the Horton. Hope, Abby, Ciara and Jennifer seem rather untouchable. Claire is a Horton too so that doesn't jive.

I'm not bothered by Ciara hating Gabi but I find it contrived above all else because 

1) Ciara/Abby were never close Hope/Jennifer they aren't.

2) A few months ago Ciara was telling Julie that Ben and Abby are the same but can't understand why nobody else in their family sympathizes with Ben.

3) Ciara and Gabi seemed friendly a few months ago when they were held hostage and now this?  Course continuity isn't this show's strong suit.

I don't get why Gabi doesn't bring up the fact that Ben strangled her sister(granted she didn't know Paige and I admit I didn't care that he killed her either but if they were going to make Paige a Hernandez shouldn't this beat be played?)

• Love 7

LOL! Nice one Sandman.

I've been barely watching for the last two months so I tracked down some old episodes and have random thoughts. Will you guys humor me as I reach back to June?

ORK really moved and surprised me during her meltdown scenes. I hadn't expected to give a crap about any of it cuz the story was so absurd, but watching her and Victoria trade glances and really own their dialogue was a pleasant surprise. I mean, Victoria was pretty much sobbing - impressive, considering it was her third turn tied to that bed! I like that the writers didn't make Claire some unrepentant psycho, but acknowledged that she had somehow gone astray through her competitive relationship with her aunt. And the Ben worship wasn't as bad as I had initially feared. Yes, it was weird seeing Marlena bring him up as an example of how Claire could redeem herself, but it was the subject they were discussing...I guess I just hate Ben.

Brandon Beemer is a really good match with Olivia. When they zoomed in on the pain in his eyes upon learning of Claire's actions and then cut to Claire's eyes staring at the lighter wondering if she should set herself on fire, I really appreciated that the casting department put them both on the show. I miss the actress already. Now that she's grown and been given some juicy material, I could see Claire being much more useful on the canvas...away from Ciara. And wouldn't it have been awesome to see her get a bunch more scenes with her father and grandmothers? I remember when Shawn and Belle first returned to the show how Claire wanted them to reunite. There were only a couple of scenes where they were together but I always felt like they were a real family.

I wonder if Victoria also dislikes Ciara as a person. The writing made it pretty clear in the cabin scenes that Ciara wasn't holding back any venom for Claire. She alternated between giving her death glares and telling her she loved her. Even when she was walking out of the damn cabin she slowed down to give Claire dirty looks. I think for Victoria to get so involved in the material she has to recognize the good and the bad. I look forward to seeing her interviewed because I would like to think, unlike for example Kate Mansi, that she's aware that the character she plays is judgemental, competitive and a bit of a princess.

Wasn't it awesome seeing Claire yell at Ciara to shut up? I loved that.

I didn't hate Carrie and Rafe getting close at the pub. Was it out of the blue? Absolutely. But Christy Clark is such a good actress that in the span of her four scenes I felt her pain over losing her grandmother and I understood her albeit vague description of her marriage falling apart. I'd like to think that Ron and the writers have a better explanation for Austin losing interest in her and not wanting to attend counseling, but I'll wait to see it if it ever even comes to pass.

I'm officially a fan of Kassie de Pavia. Eve just sucks though.

Rex and Sarah are actually kind of funny on screen together (I'm thinking about their first meal as a married couple at Doug's Place, and the big expressions they made arguing over the necklace). It's a shame we didn't actually get to understand who they were as a couple these last few months. I won't miss their relationship when it inevitably turn sour, and yet it was clear that there was something good there between the actors.

I am so confused about what the show is trying to do with Ted. Why was he locked up with Kate for so many days in the tunnels? Are we supposed to be feeling sorry for him? They can't be expecting us to want Hope to end up with him right? So where is any of this going?

I also have a lot of trouble picturing Kristen willingly murdering Kate. I don't understand Kristen's scheme. She wants to wait until Brady has fall in love with Nicole to reveal that she isn't Nicole..?? And in the meantime anybody who figures that out she wants to lock up and murder? The whole thing is just so damn messy and that's not what I think of Kristen.

• Love 3

I think you pointed out my issue with this version of Kristen other than I prefer Eileen's version. Kristen had a bit of a heart somewhere I mean Billie was one of her BFF's (Jennifer was the other one) I would think she would be a bit more conflicted about trying to off her mom. I also figured Kristen would be nicer to Jennifer the last time around but nope.

There are no stakes and emotional resonance and it takes away what makes a storyline matter on soaps.

As for Rex/Sarah the actors worked together on B&B in the past and it shows even though I don't think Rex/Sarah work storywise the actors sell them as a pair better than Eric/Sarah do.

• Love 3
(edited)

LG and KL haven't work together before but both knew each other based on what I heard.  

I want to comment on Tony's residence in "Chicago"

http://i66.tinypic.com/etxp9f.jpg

http://i65.tinypic.com/1zyydf7.jpg

http://i68.tinypic.com/10csqab.jpg

The ornate study room in which the walls are lavishly decorated with intricate wallpapers, exhibit a sense of realness in itself. The question is can it be kept and refitted for other uses? I am sure those who are seeking accommodation like Sarah/Rex or Xander would appreciate a fine private residence.

It's hysterical to see Caira of all people is worried about the possibility of her boyfriend's boss being duped by someone while she's 100% confident that her ex-serial killer lover would never snap someone's neck. For a victim of rape and harassment, Caira surely has no problem with those big hands which strangled and murdered those innocent people, caress her in her sleep.  

Okay there's something else I'd like to say. I find Marci Miller to be an underrated actress who was unfairly blamed for being "domestic" and "un-bitchy".  Not long ago, I came cross with a movie of hers, called death race in which she played the female protagonist. Here's a few gif I made of her scenes.

https://giant.gfycat.com/UltimateFakeAddax.webm

https://giant.gfycat.com/RaggedEuphoricHarvestmen.webm

https://giant.gfycat.com/AggressiveFormalDungbeetle.webm

Of course the film sucked but MM stood out. She's got that Hollywood starlet look. This hardly someone who'd be stuck in lifetime genre. 

Edited by Guest
adding more and this time is about my contemplation on MM

I am still trying to understand why Kristen sent Holly away. The poor child has huge gaps of her life where Nicole was not in her life. Considering Kristen's psychosis went into serious overdrive when she lost her baby, I don't know why she didn't keep Holly with her and act as her mother.

I am still waiting for Holly to be "found" just so Kristen can her fantasy of a family.

• Love 4

Yep, Nicole, take along Bonehead Brady. He will never figure out your plan. How convenient that you found Tony DiMera after a 2 minute fake phone call. And no, no one at the hospital can give you an address unless it has been cleared by places like HR. Finding a photo of Tony and Anna at that swanky apartment. Brady will have a hard time adding up 1 and 1.

Gabi, that is quite the wedding jumpsuit. A bit glitzy, but hey.... yeah, Rafe would be more supportive if he had his detective brain cells firing.

Ciara, who are you to judge Gabi? Aunt Abigail or whatever she is to you had a big role in getting Gabi thrown in to jail and Abigail also almost killed three people. Don't forget that you wanted to jump Chad's bones once upon a time. Gabi is just a bit smarter than you are.

Hopefully Abe charges a nice fee for officiating at these weddings.

Unless Hope was reappointed as Commissioner, no one left except Eli - to be an Acting one, until one is hired externally.

Funny how locally, we never hear about the spouse of any police captain or fire captain or anything.

• Love 7
1 hour ago, nilyank said:

I am still trying to understand why Kristen sent Holly away. The poor child has huge gaps of her life where Nicole was not in her life. Considering Kristen's psychosis went into serious overdrive when she lost her baby, I don't know why she didn't keep Holly with her and act as her mother.

I am still waiting for Holly to be "found" just so Kristen can her fantasy of a family.

Kristen only wants to do that if the child is Brady's because that's what she essentially did with Tate.

Now Brady loved Holly like she was his but that's not the same to Kristen ironically.

• Love 3
1 hour ago, nilyank said:

Maybe she sent Holly back to the real Nicole?

• Useful 1
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, TigerLynx said:

I would like to take a moment to thank Renee Dimera for staying dead.  I hated it when it happened, but now I wish the other Dimeras would take a page out of Renee's book.

Meghan, Benny, Lexie!!!

Truth be told the only ones who keep coming back are Stefano, Andre, Tony, and Kristen.

So the Dimeras are at about 50%, not bad stats for Days. 

As annoying/cartoonish as the Dimeras can get I always thought it was extreme to kill off so many of Stefano's children.  

• Love 2
15 hours ago, Irlandesa said:

rops to wardrobe today.  The women looked like they were dressed for summer for the most part.  Gabi had a cute sundress, a fun wedding jumpsuit and great hair.  And Jennifer was sleeveless with an open back.  It was almost a sexy dress.  Shocker.

This. However, Ciara looked terrible. That dress for the wedding was just embarrassing lol.

13 hours ago, TeeVee329 said:

Queen Gabi's wedding outfit!  @peachmangosteen, I got VERY strong Kimberly Andrews vibes from this look.

YES! Dammit, now I'm gonna have to go watch some scenes!

• Love 3
(edited)
10 hours ago, Frozendiva said:

Brady will have a hard time adding up 1 and 1.

Silly Frozendiva, you can't fool Bonehead Black -- he knows that one plus one equals bicycle tire! 

JBC344, can't forget Elvis.

Edited by Sandman
Much as I'd like to try.
  • LOL 4
13 hours ago, cmahorror said:

Sweet Jack and Jenn scenes and I liked that she admitted she could be judgemental and the ending was pure classic J&J. Eve may have taken his memory but she couldn't douse their chemistry

Yes, I loved these scenes, too.

I'm pretty tired of Ciara on her high horse -- it was nice not having either of them on screen the last week or so. I wonder what's in store for them - some capers a la J&J or Hope/Bo? Seeing them smooching in bed is already tiresome. 

Eve -- "you ruined my job and my marriage" -- oh please, get the fuck out of here, Eve. 

Yikes. I think I'm in a bad mood, lol. 

• Love 4
10 hours ago, YupItsMe said:

Maybe she sent Holly back to the real Nicole?

It didn't sound like it.  At the time, either she or Xander said that Holly was now with her "new" family.

• Love 4
8 minutes ago, boes said:

It didn't sound like it.  At the time, either she or Xander said that Holly was now with her "new" family.

I love how dispensable the children are on this show. Holly? Oh she has a new family, all good. 

• LOL 3
  • Love 5

Jesus, Ted, way to be an absolute douche.

Did Ciara run out to buy a new frock for this wedding, or did she just have that one hanging in Ben's closet?

A DiMera by blood?  Tony isn't a DiMera by blood.  But I'm glad they mentioned Theo.  At least Gabi thought of him, and not his own father.

Why are they all standing around discussing "Nicole" instead of getting on with the wedding?

OMG, they mentioned Peter!

Excuse me, that place Tony is in is a dump?  Seriously?

Did you catch how they cut off before revealing what state Salem is in?

• Love 3

Both said “by the powers invested by the state of Illinois” Salem is supposed to be a suburb like a Lake Forest type place were there’s company headquarters but small town and middle class people mixed with millionaires. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 2
4 minutes ago, Petunia13 said:

Both said “by the powers invested by the state of Illinois” Salem is supposed to be a suburb like a Lake Forest type place were there’s company headquarters but small town and middle class people mixed with millionaires. 

No, they cut away from Abe as he said "by the state of" before naming the state.

• Love 1
8 hours ago, Sandman said:

Silly Frozendiva, you can't fool Bonehead Black -- he knows that one plus one equals bicycle tire! 

JBC344, can't forget Elvis.

I left EJ off the list just because we actually knew he wasn't "dead".  The other children were all legitimate confirmed deaths.

Part of me is still waiting for Renee Jones to come out of retirement and reprise Lexie.  I can totally see Stefano prolonging her health until he found a cure for her cancer, while keeping her hidden. Lexie was always his favorite child.

Not that they need Renee to bring Lexie back but still.

• Love 2

Interesting about the Peter revelation. Maybe he will come back.

Both weddings were meh and oh so fake. What will happen when Anna DiMera sees the photo of 'Tony' and 'Nicole'? He's alive but he is also declared dead, so will the marriage be void? Why do they all want sinking ship DiMera. No one with a few remaining brain cells thinks that Nicole is not quite herself?

Nice of you to get the necklace back, Ted. All your lies will come out soon.

Too bad Julie wasn't around at the restaurant to congratulate Eli and Lani - and Eli's new job!

• Love 2

I don't think Peter will return regardless of who plays him.

Yes it would be nice of Julie was actually interacting with her family for a change but no when we do see her they have her feud with Gabi or something as equally pointless.

She would've been useful for today's scenes, as well as saying goodbye to Claire but god forbid families get to interact on this show(some do but many don't)

Edited by CanaryFan98
  • Love 1
6 hours ago, Silver Raven said:

No, they cut away from Abe as he said "by the state of" before naming the state.

I have to rewatch but they hyper cut between the ceremonies to suggest a sameness or juxtaposition of the situations other than the couples. Also I’m pretty sure characters mentioned in the past it’s illinois during the stupid ass elephant statue story and Jason47 (the Days scholar) said it’s supposed to be Illinois. Show indicate’s often it’s a reasonable driving distance to Chicago. 

Thanks Days, now we viewers all know the proper attire for and to casual living room wedding which is New Years Eve party club wear. 🤗 It also fit nicely w the complete lack of decorations and haunted mansion with torture rooms in secret tunnels.

Ted was kind of an asshole to Chloe, no? 

Brady is a moron. 

I’m surprised Ron didn’t have Jen and Eve actually cat fight and accidentally fall into a mud pit or fountain in the Square, he seems determined to make this show as campy and gauche as possible. 

Confused why Gabi’s excuse to Rafe for marrying Stefan and solidifying her corporate interests was to afford music or dance classes for Ari. This has to be a couple hundred dollars a month. Stefan mentioned same episode Gabi Chic was one of the biggest bread winners and assets to DiMera. Howww is she not earning some good coin for that feather in their cap? Also, Ari’s father Will is a journalist who pays zero rent or grocery bills. And her other dad is a Kiriakis. If Ari needed music or tap or ballet lessons her parents should easily be able to afford it or Maggie, Kate, Sami or Marlena would cut a check in 2 seconds flat. giphy.gif?cid=8fc3c8975d42650d6b54796b45

• Love 8
19 minutes ago, Petunia13 said:

Thanks Days, now we viewers all know the proper attire for and to casual living room wedding which is New Years Eve party club wear.

I was thinking the same thing while watching the weddings but I couldn't have said it as well as you did.

• Love 4

Some more random thoughts.  They keep saying that the CEO of DiMera needs to be a DiMera by blood so I'm wondering why everyone is operating as if marriage would make "Nicole" and Gabi eligible for that position.

And if it's really "by blood" than that would take Kristen and Peter out of the running. I'm missing something.

I did like the way BB delivered "And Chad's...married" with a little pause to acknowledge history.  It's a small thing but considering he wasn't playing the part when that whole story took place, I appreciate that he's at least aware enough of the history to use it in his performance.

Areas where subtlety was called for but wasn't found?  When Ciara said "even terrible people can fall in love" which is followed by her serial killer boyfriend kissing her neck with zip acknowledgement that, even though he's following the rules now, most would likely consider him a terrible person forever given his crimes.

• Love 8
1 hour ago, Irlandesa said:

Some more random thoughts.  They keep saying that the CEO of DiMera needs to be a DiMera by blood so I'm wondering why everyone is operating as if marriage would make "Nicole" and Gabi eligible for that position.

And if it's really "by blood" than that would take Kristen and Peter out of the running. I'm missing something.

I did like the way BB delivered "And Chad's...married" with a little pause to acknowledge history.  It's a small thing but considering he wasn't playing the part when that whole story took place, I appreciate that he's at least aware enough of the history to use it in his performance.

Areas where subtlety was called for but wasn't found?  When Ciara said "even terrible people can fall in love" which is followed by her serial killer boyfriend kissing her neck with zip acknowledgement that, even though he's following the rules now, most would likely consider him a terrible person forever given his crimes.

Yeah, I'm at a loss for this plot as well.  Why would the board randomly just start making people's spouses in charge?  Especially if it is the spouse of the person they are getting rid of. 

Before Kate went to Titan, the board wanted her to run Dimera which actually makes sense because she is the best person for the job.

If the board wanted the CEO to be a "blood Dimera" wouldn't they just offer it to Chad to run from Paris/Europe?

Also I guess this gives us confirmation that Tony is back to being Stefano's biological son?  Tony's paternity is starting to get as bad as John's.

• Love 5

Thanks Days, now we viewers all know the proper attire for and to casual living room wedding which is New Years Eve party club wear.

Which is also the appropriate choice for lunch in Horton Square, or for a hospital board of directors' meeting. Apparently.

As far as qualification to run Titan goes, I'd say that Bonehead Black's business experience consists chiefly of forever being up in other peoples'. 

Edited by Sandman
  • LOL 4

Arianne did a really good Kristen impersonation there when gushing about claiming Brady and DiMera.

Jeez, Will JUST spoke to Hope about his concerns about Ted, and yet here she is, tossing those aside to rush him into bed. Ah.  So, she's using the time to poke around.

Aw, Stefan looked sad when Gabi said their marriage was for nothing.

Would Tony really go to Salem, where anybody could see him and report back to Anna, the love of his life, without letting her know he is still alive?

Is Stefan not on the board?

Why did Sonny buy all of that food just for him and Will?

LOL.  Sarah's face.  😄

What did Hope find?

• Love 2
On 7/31/2019 at 5:51 PM, JBC344 said:

I left EJ off the list just because we actually knew he wasn't "dead".

So you're saying I should just be happy that Elvis has left the building?

• LOL 5
  • Love 1

I generally like Gabi and Stefan but think they're mostly potential and actors working it than actually having writing which completely works for them. Like pretty much most of the show, if we're honest.  But then there are those scenes where everything does click.  For instance, the scenes in Rafe's kitchen between them after Rafe was shot were really good.  And there was something about today's scenes that really worked for me as well. I don't know if it was Stefan's excitement or how excited they were to consummate their marriage.

Plus, I did like the scene at the end when Tony and Nicole showed up.  It was, dare I say, legit soapy!

• Love 9
48 minutes ago, Irlandesa said:

I generally like Gabi and Stefan but think they're mostly potential and actors working it than actually having writing which completely works for them. Like pretty much most of the show, if we're honest.  But then there are those scenes where everything does click.  For instance, the scenes in Rafe's kitchen between them after Rafe was shot were really good.  And there was something about today's scenes that really worked for me as well. I don't know if it was Stefan's excitement or how excited they were to consummate their marriage.

Plus, I did like the scene at the end when Tony and Nicole showed up.  It was, dare I say, legit soapy!

I agree.  Brandon Barash has done a lot to make Stefan O! palatable to me in a way Tyler Christopher never did.  Camila Banus has gotten so much better it's hard to remember what a bad actor I thought she was the first time I saw her on OLTL.   And being a fan of Thaao Penghlis, I also enjoyed Tony today.  One thing I missed, though - is Tony okay with Kristen/Nicole handing Dimera over to Brady, and if so, why?  

As annoying as Kristen/Nicole generally is, I also enjoyed the shock and surprise of Tony showing up alive and befuddling practically everyone.  

Eric getting all pissy with Brady - who I don't care for - is pretty rich, considering how Mr. Mopey is lusting after his other brother's wife.  I'm ready for somebody to really give that whiney manbaby something to cry about.

And while I love my very stupid but very nice Rex Rex Rexy, did it really take hearing his wife call him by his brother's name to FINALLY have that lightbulb go on?   I'm surprised the guy doesn't spend most of his day walking into walls.

I don't usually notice wardrobe much, but that dress Nicole was wearing made her look like a particularly annoying barber pole.  

Edited by boes
  • LOL 2
  • Love 13

So Mr. Xin/Shin made an appearance. All these new DiMeras wanting a company! Can't they hire someone who is qualified and make a DiMera Chairman or something?

Nicole/Kristen sure was nasty to whiny Eric. He can be grateful that she married someone else. Why he would want that would boggle the mind. The King Charles Spaniel puppy sounds really cute, but he would be considered a 'talent' and may cost too much (not many dogs would except payments in licks and treats).

Nicole/Kristen sure has a nice plan to get Brady back - but it might backfire once the mask flies off, she loses a couple of bust sizes and shrinks.

Sweet stupid Rex.

Smart of Sonny to buy so much empty calorie Chinese food for dinner. Eat half and they'll be starving an hour later.

Hope, why does Ted have all that money?

Everyone seemed so surprised to see the return of maybe Tony DiMera. People should really get their identities checked/confirmed.

• Love 2