Type keyword(s) to search

Current Plots Discussion: Actually Today's Episode

Message added by scarynikki12

Spoilers are not allowed in this thread. Period. Any posts that include spoilers (and casting information qualifies) will be removed. There are several other threads that allow spoilers so take that discussion to one of them.

• Start Topic

I guess anybody with Brady blood can work at the pub.  Does the state that Salem is in not require bartender licenses? They also can apparently all give away free food at the drop of a hat.

So Austin and Carrie broke up because they're bored?  Wow.

• Love 4

Today gave me hope. When the writers write an interesting story and the director know hows to direct and actors are working together.  ORK is really knocking it out of the park.  Seeing her just makes me think she might just have a future if she's given the right part.  OK, I admit I FF through the Carrie/Rafe scenes because I was more interested in the other scenes.  

• Love 6

I agree it was a good episode and I’m definitely glad that means the end of the damn fire story, but a couple of things about the cabin scenes really bugged me.

Firstly, I was glad Hope was the one to talk Claire down but then as soon as Claire put down the lighter Hope basically fresh aired her and went straight to Ciara. Seriously? Way to further play into Claire’s insecurity. I realise Ciara is her daughter and I guess that trumps a granddaughter - maybe - but in that moment it was clear who needed her more. Ciara was not physically harmed and Ben was taking care of her so would it have killed her to give the girl a hug. Thank goodness Marlena was there.

Secondly, when Ciara, Ben and Hope we’re leaving the cabin, the stink eye Ciara was giving was beyond extreme. I get Claire had just tried to kill her and she had some reason to be pissed, but Ciara has set the plan in motion to unhinge her. Yet there was no conflict, no guilt, no sympathy, no concern at all. It was particularly jarring as both Hope and Ben did show sympathy and concern. 

OKR continued to shine and I’ll miss her. DH was great too. I really enjoy Marlena in any scenes she has with the younger cast. She plays that strong, supportive role well and DH seems to bring out the best in them - CH, RSW and OKR all play very well opposite her. If only they’d used her more in this storyline...

• Love 14
10 minutes ago, Lisa418722 said:

OK, I admit I FF through the Carrie/Rafe scenes because I was more interested in the other scenes.  

lol same.

8 minutes ago, BoldDays said:

Secondly, when Ciara, Ben and Hope we’re leaving the cabin, the stink eye Ciara was giving was beyond extreme. I get Claire had just tried to kill her and she had some reason to be pissed, but Ciara has set the plan in motion to unhinge her. Yet there was no conflict, no guilt, no sympathy, no concern at all. It was particularly jarring as both Hope and Ben did show sympathy and concern. 

This. Ciara is Abigail levels of awful at this point. I'm starting to realize the reason why Ben/Ciara enrages me is because Ciara is so horrible.

• Love 10
7 hours ago, kitmerlot1213 said:

ORK gives yet another stellar performance with some good assists from Ben, Marlena and Hope and I especially loved Marlena's hugging Claire after she agreed to let Ciara go.  Then we had Claire's superbly played realization that she's can't go back after all of the things she's done and she sits on the bed.--Marlena's startled reaction when Claire opened the lighter was well done--and Claire's despair over her actions, especially her trying to kill people she loved was just heart-breaking.  Great work just all around.

And I loved Shawn's yelling at Tripp about his and Ciara's stupid plan to ambush an already angry person was excellent--Go Shawn D!

Ok my issue with Shawn yelling at Tripp is that its just Tripp he's not going to even remotely be mad at Ciara same with Belle who at the very least should smack Ciara since Shawn isn't going to do it because they both were in on this plan. 

At least Tripp has some level of self awareness in all of this. Ciara? Not so much.

That being said while ORK is selling this terrible story its still a terrible story they shouldn't have waited till the 11th hour to give us family scenes with Claire. We should've had this all along. We should've watched Ciara/Claire actually grow up together etc then to have all this happen would've made this more powerful instead it just is a sad attempt at shock value and that cabin will come back intact.

Not sure about Claire Bear by the time they would want her back Days may be cancelled.

• Love 5

Just caught up over the last couple of days, and have to agree that there have been some strong & emotional scenes with many cast members.  Being a Deidre Hall fan, I thought her Marlena scenes were so well done, her caring & soothing of Claire was just what was needed....I really wish Claire's parents & Grandparents had been involved in this storyline sooner.  ORK was just terrific & the look of terror in Ciara's eyes was intense....I was in tears over the 2 young women who loved each other & the complete un-raveling of Claire.   I know this is an unpopular opinion, but I liked the emotional scene between Kayla & Tripp & how he too had been 'unraveled" but Kayla had always been kind & "Motherly" to him.  Sarah wearing the diamond necklace was just dumb, I agree with Rex, she should have just told Xander "No Thanks".   Ted chomping down on his sandwich & annoying Kate was making me chuckle.   The past couple of days had me interested & not reaching for the remote to FF.

• Love 6

Hopefully the Kidnap Kabin will be bulldozed and something new rebuilt. It probably isn't safe with at least two fires, holes, charred wood, insects, animals, gasoline.

I did feel a bit for Ciara being once again tied to that awful bed. Maybe this experience will give her a bit of humble pie. She should also feel some empathy and compassion for her cousin. If Ben Weston could act like a human being, so can she. I don't know if he is a hero - he was the strongest out of him, Hope, and Marlena, and wouldn't risk serious injury kicking in the door. He just did what anyone would do. He did reveal that he was a very broken person, just like Claire is now and that if there is hope for him turning things around, she will also make it and build a life for herself.

Marlena was wonderful with Claire. Too bad she didn't see her granddaughter much for the past while. A little late, but at least she did reach her before she possibly set herself on fire. Shawn D, where were you and Belle all these months too?

Carrie, you got bored with love of your life Austin Reed?

Jack, maybe you do want some of your old life back.

JJ got with Haley a little too fast. Take it easy and wait a few weeks. She still has to ditch her fake husband Tripp.

• Love 5
14 minutes ago, howmanywords said:

I'm still laughing at the notion of being bored with your husband so you move onto...um Rafe? The epitome of excitement there.

I guess the writers still don't realize that Sami used to drive those SLs.  Even when they were no longer a couple, Sami still had to carry the SL.  Rafe gets beaten, ends up in a coma, and Sami saves his life and goes on trial for it.  You would think a character being in a coma, and almost being killed by a corrupt police officer would be about that character, but not when it's Rafe.

• Love 5

I also felt bad for Claire when, after she dropped the lighter, Hope just patted her on the head like she was the family pet. 

I got nothin for Rafe and Carrie. I don’t mind Carrie and Austin being broken up, but at least give her a pairing where she can sizzle. Rafe ain’t it.

• LOL 1
  • Love 6
25 minutes ago, TenaciousWarrior said:

I got nothin for Rafe and Carrie. I don’t mind Carrie and Austin being broken up, but at least give her a pairing where she can sizzle. Rafe ain’t it.

I mean Xander is right there in town. He is definitely one night stand material that would make Carrie forget about all her boredom with Austin.

• LOL 8
  • Love 8
1 hour ago, howmanywords said:

I'm still laughing at the notion of being bored with your husband so you move onto...um Rafe? The epitome of excitement there.

At least Austin was nice and loyal

1 hour ago, Frozendiva said:

Hopefully the Kidnap Kabin will be bulldozed and something new rebuilt. It probably isn't safe with at least two fires, holes, charred wood, insects, animals, gasoline.

I did feel a bit for Ciara being once again tied to that awful bed. Maybe this experience will give her a bit of humble pie. She should also feel some empathy and compassion for her cousin. If Ben Weston could act like a human being, so can she. I don't know if he is a hero - he was the strongest out of him, Hope, and Marlena, and wouldn't risk serious injury kicking in the door. He just did what anyone would do. He did reveal that he was a very broken person, just like Claire is now and that if there is hope for him turning things around, she will also make it and build a life for herself.

Marlena was wonderful with Claire. Too bad she didn't see her granddaughter much for the past while. A little late, but at least she did reach her before she possibly set herself on fire. Shawn D, where were you and Belle all these months too?

Carrie, you got bored with love of your life Austin Reed?

Jack, maybe you do want some of your old life back.

JJ got with Haley a little too fast. Take it easy and wait a few weeks. She still has to ditch her fake husband Tripp.

Its been a while since JJ got laid I get why he wanted to get it out of his system. I mean Haley isn't my first choice but he's been with worse.

• LOL 3
  • Love 3
2 hours ago, Frozendiva said:

That's my other snark.  Why is there always a random can of gasoline just sitting around these cabins (both kidnap kabin and the Horton cabin)?  You would have a can of gasoline for your power tools and you don't generally have power tools at a cabin.  (Not usually a lot of lawnmowing and weed wacking going on.)  And you definitely would NOT just leave it sitting around outside.  And since if there WAS gas at kidnap kabin Claire would have used it all up the last time so there wouldn't be any for her to use.  Are we really supposed to think Claire stopped on her way and bought gas?  And apparently she travels with the lighter all the time now.  I know, I'm WAY overthinking this.

• LOL 3
  • Love 5
7 hours ago, BoldDays said:

when Ciara, Ben and Hope we’re leaving the cabin, the stink eye Ciara was giving was beyond extreme. I get Claire had just tried to kill her and she had some reason to be pissed,

I don't fault Ciara's stink eye one bit. Claire has tried a few times to kill Ciara, so giving the stink eye should be the least of any extremes.

• Love 4
10 hours ago, DaphneCat said:

That's my other snark.  Why is there always a random can of gasoline just sitting around these cabins (both kidnap kabin and the Horton cabin)?  You would have a can of gasoline for your power tools and you don't generally have power tools at a cabin.  (Not usually a lot of lawnmowing and weed wacking going on.)  And you definitely would NOT just leave it sitting around outside.  And since if there WAS gas at kidnap kabin Claire would have used it all up the last time so there wouldn't be any for her to use.  Are we really supposed to think Claire stopped on her way and bought gas?  And apparently she travels with the lighter all the time now.  I know, I'm WAY overthinking this.

Claire would keep a gasoline can in her car and stop to pick some up? Doubt it. That would be pre-planned.

Flammable liquids would need to be stored properly. Not just hanging around somewhere where there are rags and other things that could ignite in say, strong sunlight. The gas could be used to power a generator. No other reason for it unless someone owned the cabin and used it regularly - besides the constantly kidnapped Ciara.

• Love 2
11 hours ago, Harmony233 said:

I have this awful feeling that Carrie will end up pregnant with Rafe's kid and it will come out in like a year or so it when ever she comes back.

I was convinced they would do this after Sami and Rafe's roll in the hay in late 2017, so..............keep the faith, I guess? 😬

• LOL 1
  • Love 3

I’m surprised when Marlena talked down Claire by mentioning Ben’s getting past his crimes and rebuilding she didn’t also bring up her horrible cousin Failure moving past her assaults and attempted murders as well.  

• Love 2
6 minutes ago, Petunia13 said:

I’m surprised when Marlena talked down Claire by mentioning Ben’s getting past his crimes and rebuilding she didn’t also bring up her horrible cousin Failure moving past her assaults and attempted murders as well.  

Failure got a massive amount of pressure washing her past away.

• Love 6

Holy crap. Word of warning about today's show, we have reached maximum levels of going overboard on the Ben redemption ship. I thought Hope and Shawn were going to hand him today his Horton tree ornament.

• LOL 3
  • Love 2
55 minutes ago, howmanywords said:

Holy crap. Word of warning about today's show, we have reached maximum levels of going overboard on the Ben redemption ship. I thought Hope and Shawn were going to hand him today his Horton tree ornament.

But really, shoutout to RSW for the heads up that it could (and, let's be honest here, inevitably will) get worse:

1495384628_michael-scott-nope.gif
  • Love 7
(edited)

So Hope who lost a child is going to trash a mother who lost her daughter, by defending the man who killed her. Wow!  Eve is wrong for what she is doing to Jack and Jennifer but she has every right to hate Ben. Hope has 2 other kids to help her through the loss of Zack. Eve lost her only child, she will never see Paige marry, have kids of her own, assuming she wanted them, evolve as a human being and be happy.. So, Ron has given me another reason to hate Hope.. 

Edited by Apprentice79
  • Useful 1
  • Love 9
15 hours ago, TenaciousWarrior said:

I also felt bad for Claire when, after she dropped the lighter, Hope just patted her on the head like she was the family pet. 

I know this is going to sound strange, but that didn't bother me because when Hope and Ciara walked past Claire, Hope turned back and tearfully kissed her on the head.  I think Hope was so overcome with worry and fear for both her girls that she reacted instinctively.  She knew Marlena had Claire, so she grabbed Ciara.

I did like how both Shawn and Belle are in such believable shock over their daughter's actions--the little girl they knew would never have done that.  Unfortunately, Claire hasn't been mentally stable for some time.  And I loved everyone's anger that Eve knew just how far off the reservation Claire was--Marlena and John were extremely compelling.

It's a shame Claire never got this attention when she was well--perhaps none of this would have happened in the first place.

• Useful 1
  • Love 16

Sometimes I think the D must stand for "Dumb," not "Douglas." Really, Shawn is approaching Bonehead Black levels of neural dysfunction. The scene where he's going off the handle in Tripp's hospital room just made me feel embarrassed for him.

And I can't help saying that I don't see that Keegan is bringing any particular subtlety or intensity to Claire's unravelling psyche. There's nothing remotely powerful or convincing in this portrayal, to me. She's either yelling or blank-eyed. The writing is doing her absolutely no favours, but I'm not seeing what others are seeing in her performance, I think. The emotion in the scenes is all being brought by others in response to Claire -- Claire herself seems to have no inner life, and only the shallowest of motivations.

• Love 5
(edited)

Even though I find Eve terrible and agree with her being blamed for knowing about Claire and not doing anything it just seems rather eye roll worthy to me considering Tripp/Ciara knew and tried to set Claire off. Eve was selfish and cared about herself but she's not being portrayed as a decent person like Ciara is supposedly. Tripp at least got dragged but nobody is dragging Ciara for this at all?

I was hoping Belle would smack her.

That being said I wish Eve got a dig in at Marlena that maybe she should've been focused on helping her granddaughter instead of rehabbing a SK.

I also didn't care for Hope's reaction to Eve either.

I find myself sympathizing with Eve over the people mad at her. I doubt that was the intent.

Also if the show wanted Carrie to have a ONS it should've been with Xander not Rafe. Not only is it preferable but it would have more dramatic impact w/ Eric walking in on them. Plus it would add to the Xander/Sarah dynamic if she was jealous since Sarah/Carrie grew up together and she had a ONS w/ Xander.

Edited by CanaryFan98
  • Useful 1
  • Love 6

I was about to ask if Rex and Sarah were still living with Eric, but then they just told us that they are.  Two doctors can't afford their own place?

I'm glad they finally brought Belle into this storyline. But she sure looks bright eyed and bushy tailed for somebody who just flew in from Hong Kong.

Eric getting all brotherly protector on Carrie.

What is Ciara wearing?  It looks like crop top pajamas.

• Love 2
(edited)
15 hours ago, MsTree said:

I don't fault Ciara's stink eye one bit. Claire has tried a few times to kill Ciara, so giving the stink eye should be the least of any extremes.

Yet Ciara continues to give the stink eyes to everyone who is not on the worship Ben Train, and he murdered three people.  Guess she does not care since not one of them was her.

Edited by bobcat1946
  • Love 6
2 hours ago, kitmerlot1213 said:

I know this is going to sound strange, but that didn't bother me because when Hope and Ciara walked past Claire, Hope turned back and tearfully kissed her on the head.  I think Hope was so overcome with worry and fear for both her girls that she reacted instinctively.  She knew Marlena had Claire, so she grabbed Ciara.

I did like how both Shawn and Belle are in such believable shock over their daughter's actions--the little girl they knew would never have done that.  Unfortunately, Claire hasn't been mentally stable for some time.  And I loved everyone's anger that Eve knew just how far off the reservation Claire was--Marlena and John were extremely compelling.

It's a shame Claire never got this attention when she was well--perhaps none of this would have happened in the first place.

Claire was never around anyone who was a good influence.  Only the bad influence people:  Tripp, Ciara, Ben and Eve.

• Love 1
5 hours ago, howmanywords said:

Holy crap. Word of warning about today's show, we have reached maximum levels of going overboard on the Ben redemption ship. 

Yea, I had to start fast forwarding all those scenes because they were just too much. We get it, Ben is The Greatest American Hero and anyone who disagrees is wrong and they should feel bad.

1 hour ago, CanaryFan98 said:

I find myself sympathizing with Eve over the people mad at her. I doubt that was the intent.

+1. And that's almost entirely because of the ott Ben worship in the writing but also just because KDp is great.

1 hour ago, Silver Raven said:

What is Ciara wearing?  It looks like crop top pajamas.

Right! She looked so ridiculous. Her outfit yesterday was absolutely horrible and stupid, too. I'm at BEC levels with her at this point though so I'm not exactly objective lol.

• Love 4
(edited)

I can see why the Ben praise was OTT for many. I put it down to a combination of guilt on Hope’s part for the way she relentlessly pursued him, and shock and almost embarrassment on both her and Shawn’s part that it was Claire and they had no idea. I did like RSWs muted acknowledgement of that praise. 

I really enjoyed the Shawn “angel” scene with Claire. BB had me with that, and it was followed by a good scene with he and Belle. This fire story has definitely dragged but for me is much better now that it’s broadened to include more characters, and their reaction to realising what Claire has done. I enjoyed Jarlena telling Belle, Shawn and Ciara, and Jarlena and Cin, partly because we rarely see those combinations. Days does families well and we need more of those interactions, IMO.

Plus, the Jarlena scene with Eve was a pure delight. 

Edited by BoldDays
  • Love 8

No sympathy for Eve from me regarding her decision to keep quiet about the fact that Claire attempted to murder three innocent people. Eve, having gone through the hell of losing a child, should have stepped up and told someone what was going on, especially after Claire set the second fire. Covering her motivation in grief and her, admittedly reasonable, vendetta against Ben does not excuse the fact that she used an emotionally unstable young woman to further her own agenda. Her vendetta against Ben should have come second to Claire's mental stability.

The sad part is that Eve had multiple chances to stop this downward spiral and help Claire but chose her own selfish needs over Claire's needs. She could have honored Paige's memory by saving another young woman in danger and instead turned her back on the entire situation.

I cannot wait for Jack to hear about what she did. After all the shit she threw his way yesterday regarding hiding the diary, this was a much bigger secret to keep. I see this being the first thing that drives him away from Eve and back to Jennifer. Eve's defense will certainly be that she was doing it for them but Jack did not know how unstable Claire was and he certainly had no idea she had committed arson twice.

Let me make one other thing clear - this is not an attempt to defend Ben. I do not like Ben and I believe it was dumb of RC to try and redeem him instead of just bringing RSW in as another character. An evil twin story is classic soap and this fan would be far more accepting of the actor but Ben, like Abby who I also don't like, never paid for his crimes. I can not like Ben and still find Eve's actions wrong.

• Love 12

Ben is still far from being a hero. He was a man who was in the right place at the right time and did the right thing. It showed good judgment and maturity. The whole plan that Ciara and Tripp cooked up needed a Plan B and to tell someone what they were doing.

I had little sympathy for Eve. Yes, she is getting back at losing her own daughter, but she clearly saw that Claire had some major issues and she did nothing but enable her. She could have made a quick call to Marlena to alert her that something seemed off with Claire. John and Marlena had every right to take her to task. No one could force Claire to talk to a counsellor or her grandmother about her jealousy, the starting of fires, desperation that she turned inwardly and then lashed out. Eve had no business using Claire, who was in obvious signs of distress, to further her own agenda and revenge.

Carrie and Rafe? Urgh.

So both Sarah and Rex, who are making probably well over $100,000 per year each, can't afford their own apartment or rent a house? They need to stay with his brother? Can't imagine that both have massive student loans to pay off. It is disrespectful toward Eric to continue to stay at his apartment.

Belle must have flown business or first class to look so good after a very long flight.

Bring on the bbq!

• Love 4

Maybe I'm getting dumber - totally possible - or maybe I haven't been paying enough attention, but exactly what in Eve's voice mail message says she knew that Claire had set the fires?  Doesn' the message just say "Why haven't you called me back, I think Ben and Ciara are trying to set you up", right?  Where's the smoking gun in that?

I love John and Marlena, and Hope (even with how badly she's been written these past few years), and Belle and Shawn D., but Eve paid more attention to Claire this past year than any of them did, and it wasn't all for her own ends.  For Claire's family, it's more of a "But I thought YOU were watching her" scenario.

So glad Ben isn't being blamed for things he didn't do.  The things he's done already are enough for me, anyway.  As for Ciara, glad she didn't go up in flames, but I WOULD like to see her get a pie in the face every time she gets that look of contempt in her face.  

She'd be eating a lot of pie if that happened.

• Love 7
(edited)
15 minutes ago, boes said:

Maybe I'm getting dumber - totally possible - or maybe I haven't been paying enough attention, but exactly what in Eve's voice mail message says she knew that Claire had set the fires?  Doesn' the message just say "Why haven't you called me back, I think Ben and Ciara are trying to set you up", right?  Where's the smoking gun in that?

Ok good, I’m glad I wasn’t the only one confused by that. I felt like it was a big conclusion to jump to, based on what Eve said. Ciara knew that both Claire and Eve were aware that Ben had pointed the finger at Claire - and that Eve didn’t believe him - so the message could have just been a heads up to support Claire, given how much she hates Ben.

That said, it did help to move the story along, which I was grateful for. And it sent Jarlena into protection mode which was entertaining. 

Edited by BoldDays
  • Love 3
(edited)

ORK did a beautiful job. As much as I don't like what they've done with the character, I totally felt her pain. 

Excellent posts about Eve. I will never blame her for hating someone who killed her child, but she should have cared more about Claire and the people she could hurt, not prioritize revenge above all. I'm glad Eve realized this. Kassie continues to be great. I am a huge fan of hers much as I am not an Eve fan. She seemed sincerely upset by everything, especially when she found out Claire tried to kill herself. 

I agree with the post that Rex and Sarah should have their own place. 

Edited by RealHousewife
  • LOL 1
  • Love 4
(edited)

I'm so tired of Eve's using Paige's murder as stick to beat everyone else with. Yes, she has every reason to hate Ben, and no real reason to trust him. But she acts like she's the only one who ever suffered such a loss. She's wallowing in it, and she uses it as an excuse to manipulate Claire and belittle (or harm) everyone else.

Carrie, honey -- you know it doesn't count as fighting for your marriage to Mr. Wonder Bread Austin by sleeping with the even duller Shut Up! Rafe, right?

Edited by Sandman
  • LOL 1
  • Love 11
1 hour ago, boes said:

We can add it to a running list of DOOL's weird "gotchya clues" along with the red dress, the lighter and the keys.

• Love 7
1 hour ago, RealHousewife said:

Excellent posts about Eve. I will never blame her for hating someone who killed her child, but she should have cared more about Claire and the people she could hurt, not prioritize revenge above all. I'm glad Eve realized this. Kassie continues to be great. I am a huge fan of hers much as I am not an Eve fan. She seemed sincerely upset by everything, especially when she found out Claire tried to kill herself. 

KDP is such a great actor that I can overlook a lot.  BUT this story would have been a lot better if they had actually showed Eve grieving the last few years.  She was so busy marrying Deimos, trying to control Titan, hooking up with Brady, throwing Theresa under the bus, trying to run some company, getting in some stupid revenge feud with Jennifer, pushing Jack to be mayor and using Claire to get to Haley that it really has been Paige who? with her.  Her single mindedness now about Ben seems like she just remembered she had a daughter.

• Love 18
(edited)

As some of you have mentioned, it's beyond ridiculous that Sarah and Rex don't have their own place.

Now that Claire has been caught, I see no reason they can't move into the cabin.  

I'm not sure about the other amenities, but we do know it's heated.

Edited by boes
  • LOL 20
  • Love 4
1 hour ago, DaphneCat said:

Her single mindedness now about Ben seems like she just remembered she had a daughter.

I'll take it.

I think Ron I was reading our comments back in November and December of last year, and realized the obvious storyline he wasn't developing.

• Love 5
10 hours ago, Frozendiva said:

Ben is still far from being a hero.

Exactly but the show wants us to see him as one. That's the problem.

10 hours ago, boes said:

Thank you! I was so confused. I was like but you have nothing that proves Eve knew anything. Eve should have played it like she had no idea what they were talking about but she actually cares about Claire so she didn't.

8 hours ago, DaphneCat said:

KDP is such a great actor that I can overlook a lot.  BUT this story would have been a lot better if they had actually showed Eve grieving the last few years ... Her single mindedness now about Ben seems like she just remembered she had a daughter.

It's probably because they needed someone to be the big bad meanie going against Ben so we would all feel sorry for him.

• Love 8
42 minutes ago, peachmangosteen said:

It's probably because they needed someone to be the big bad meanie going against Ben so we would all feel sorry for him.

Sadly, I think this is perfectly accurate.

• Love 4

Maybe Eve was doing all those things to try and hide her pain.  Remember when she saw Ben free how angry she was.   She wanted to kill him. 

Or or maybe the writers hate their parents.  Abe was the bad guy for being angry his son was shot.  Hope was the bad guy for not wanting her daughter dating someone who killed four people.  Eve is the bad guy for being mean to a man who brutally killed her daughter. 

• Love 7
(edited)
1 hour ago, tribeca said:

Eve is the bad guy for being mean to a man who brutally killed her daughter. 

Eve isn't the bad guy for being mean to Ben, I have no problem with that, she is the bad guy for pursuing revenge instead helping a mentally imbalanced young woman who turned to her and desperately needed her help. Never once did Eve try to get Claire help, she instead used Claire to further her own agenda. Does she care for Claire? Yes, she does but not enough to put Claire's needs first.

Yes, Rex and Sarah need their own place but the budget apparently doesn't allow for a second set of decorations to turn Eric's apartment into theirs. Go to a thrift store, but a few used lamps and pictures, and a brand new apartment could become available Eric's building.

Edited by cmahorror
  • Love 9
2 hours ago, tribeca said:

Or or maybe the writers hate their parents.  Abe was the bad guy for being angry his son was shot.  Hope was the bad guy for not wanting her daughter dating someone who killed four people.  Eve is the bad guy for being mean to a man who brutally killed her daughter. 

This is so true. Since I've watched the show, Abe has been a good man. I did feel sorry for JJ because what happened was a tragic accident, but I always knew in time Abe would forgive him. His pain was just too fresh. Hope is only normal for not wanting her daughter with a serial killer. I think she'd be a horrible parent if she weren't extremely freaked out by the situation. I think Eve can be a big, huge bitch, but if you murder an innocent loved one of mine, I will hate you forever and ever. 

• Love 5
(edited)

Eve has a right to her pain; she doesn't have the right to believe (a) that she has suffered more than anyone else in the history of Salem; or (b) that pain gives her an excuse to manipulate a damaged young woman and lash out and hurt anyone else she thinks is in her way, or insufficiently mindful of her suffering, or whatever bee is buzzing around inside her bonnet this week.

The bigger trouble is, I think, that this show is so willing to have every conflict devolve into a clash of good versus evil, or at the least, innocence versus madness. How many times is the show going to rely on someone "going insane"? Non-Nicole, Abigail, BOllie, Claire -- the Crazy Train is jam-packed with commuters, and it's always rush hour around here! Worse, it feels like these writers genuinely believe that someone (especially a young woman) can actually be driven insane, whether by grief, loneliness, rejection, or despair; and that madness sets one outside the moral framework that applies to other human beings and their choices. I don't think that's how mental illness works. The show seems to favour a dichotomy straight out of Victorian morality tales. Kidnap Kabin stands in for the nearest train tracks to tie the damsel to. (Or maybe it's just a throwback to the "opera" part of soap opera -- can't have a tragic heroine without a juicy mad scene? Soprano trills optional.)

Edited by Sandman
To clarify my intentions.
  • Love 14