Type keyword(s) to search

Current Plots Discussion: Actually Today's Episode

Message added by scarynikki12

Spoilers are not allowed in this thread. Period. Any posts that include spoilers (and casting information qualifies) will be removed. There are several other threads that allow spoilers so take that discussion to one of them.

• Start Topic

7 minutes ago, Petunia13 said:

Brady calming Maggie down was touching. 

Rex remains so unflappable and easy going even in his confrontation with Xander 😂 

Stefan’s excuses to Chloe did him no favors. 

Brady was good today, especially, as you say, with Maggie.  Her despair was wrenching to watch and Brady's care and concern was touching.  I'd sure like to see more of this.

I know Rex is an idiot in many ways, but I continue to find him one of the better men in Salem, not that that says a whole lot.  He may be a dawg but he's so much less of a dick than Eric, or Brady, or Stefan, or Rafe, or Ted, or I could just keep typing all night....

What do you call a guy like Eric who leads a woman on and then shuts her down?  Cock tease doesn't work, but it's the same concept.  What a sanctimonious prick he is, proof that a pretty package sometimes holds nothing but noxious fumes.

I really like Brandon Barash but Damn, Stefan is such a tool.

Evil though it may be, I'm happy Gabi and Kate have renewed their alliance.  All we need now to complete the unholy trinity is Sami.

• Love 13

Maggie just give Vic to Kate.  He is a terrible husband anyway. 

Who knew funerals were such a turn on ?   Brady/Nicole , Eric/Sarah and Stefan /Gabi.  Although the last two don’t need any excuses.  

Gabi “what do you see in Chloe “

Stefan “she has a big heart”

gabi “that’s one word for them “ 😂😂

• LOL 8
  • Love 5
13 hours ago, ouinason said:

I would die if Sami came in and completed the baby mama circle.  Lucas's mom, with Will's mom with Ari's mom being all schemer together... 

They already did that story when they thought they had killed Nick.

• Love 3
23 minutes ago, Silver Raven said:

They already did that story when they thought they had killed Nick.

That's one storyline/partnership I wouldn't mind seeing repeated.

• Love 7
11 hours ago, tribeca said:

Maggie just give Vic to Kate.  He is a terrible husband anyway. 

I'd like to think Maggie's subconscious did that on purpose to do her a favor. Maggie Kiriakis sucked, anyway. I liked Maggie Horton much better.

• Love 4

Had a very long workday Friday so I didn't catch the show til today.

Victor can stand!

Chloe, at least you now know who Stefan is. He has shown himself to you. You can choose to put up with it, or leave. Gabi is not likely going anywhere, and as much as he says he won't do anything with her again, it's probably not true.

Xander, you are not as dumb as you appear to be. Rex really should have called hospital security, or asked to see any security camera footage in the area.

Maggie, Victor is not worth falling off the wagon. Leave him or make some arrangement with him. Kate would prefer a much younger man to Victor.

Nice reveal of Kristen at the end. Amazing mask work to look like Nicole.

• Love 4
11 hours ago, Frozendiva said:

Victor can stand!

Chloe, at least you now know who Stefan is. He has shown himself to you. You can choose to put up with it, or leave. Gabi is not likely going anywhere, and as much as he says he won't do anything with her again, it's probably not true.

Xander, you are not as dumb as you appear to be. Rex really should have called hospital security, or asked to see any security camera footage in the area.

Maggie, Victor is not worth falling off the wagon. Leave him or make some arrangement with him. Kate would prefer a much younger man to Victor.

John Aniston is doing great at 85. It’s amazing he’s still doing the show at all. So much for retirement. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 14
23 minutes ago, ByaNose said:

John Aniston is doing great at 85. It’s amazing he’s still doing the show at all. So much for retirement. 

His daughter Jennifer Aniston has always said that she is in awe of his work ethic, especially since soap opera actors work so damn hard.  

• Useful 1
  • Love 10
13 hours ago, Frozendiva said:

Victor can stand!

The Nicole reveal was the best part of the episode.

Maggie being jealous of Victor and Kate is ridiculous.

• Love 6
7 hours ago, MollyWebber said:

Gabi has skyrocketed to one of the biggest pieces of shit in Salem, if not the biggest one. Which is sad because she used to be one of my favorites. Sure barely anyone in this town is a saint and other characters have done really disgusting deeds, but using dead children to manipulate your agenda is fucking disgusting. I hope they're not going to try to sell her and Stefan as this great love story. 

YThey made Gabi evil just so they can pair her with the more evil Stefan.

On 5/24/2019 at 9:48 PM, Petunia13 said:

Brady calming Maggie down was touching. 

Rex remains so unflappable and easy going even in his confrontation with Xander 😂 

Stefan’s excuses to Chloe did him no favors. “Sometimes passion is too much...there’s a thin line between love and hate.” Um, telling the girl you’re trying to get with and placate, that the one she found you banging you’re overwhelmed w lust for and may have deep seating loving thoughts is super stupid. The cherry on the sundae was that it was during her adoptive daughters funeral. 

They weren’t an official committed couple by any means but he was courting her and presenting a devoted image. 

Ditto.

Brady was sweet.

Rex is always cool.

Men, like Stefan, can be utterly stupid. 

• Love 3
14 hours ago, Sidney said:

The Nicole reveal was the best part of the episode.

So what was all that dialogue between Xander and Nicole, about their marriage etc?

It was clear it wasn't Nicole once she started laughing about Holly etc.  But they bothered to include dialogue about them being married.  Which doesn't make sense.

• Love 5
4 minutes ago, Petunia13 said:

I like how Kristen’s mask alters her voice and makes her body tanner. 

She must have got it at the place that made Jim Carey’s. 

Maybe she'll really surprise us and pull of the Kristen mask and it will be.......Steve!  Who, of course, has been brainwashed by Xander, who will pull off HIS mask and reveal that he is Holly, who will pull off HER mask and reveal she is Nicole and.....

• LOL 14
  • Love 5
(edited)
37 minutes ago, boes said:

Maybe she'll really surprise us and pull of the Kristen mask and it will be.......Steve!  Who, of course, has been brainwashed by Xander, who will pull off HIS mask and reveal that he is Holly, who will pull off HER mask and reveal she is Nicole and.....

I thought the mask storyline worked better on General Hospital. Faison removing his Duke mask was just so damn awesome...lol.. I criticize Ron a lot but he was really good in that story.. 

Edited by Apprentice79
  • Love 6
1 hour ago, Petunia13 said:

I like how Kristen’s mask alters her voice and makes her body tanner. 

She must have got it at the place that made Jim Carey’s. 

It also makes her body taller and exactly like Nicole's. 

Stupid storyline. 

• LOL 4
  • Love 6
23 hours ago, MollyWebber said:

Gabi has skyrocketed to one of the biggest pieces of shit in Salem, if not the biggest one. Which is sad because she used to be one of my favorites. Sure barely anyone in this town is a saint and other characters have done really disgusting deeds, but using dead children to manipulate your agenda is fucking disgusting. I hope they're not going to try to sell her and Stefan as this great love story. 

Since Ron can only write "sick, twisted" romances because he doesn't know how to write a real one, you know damn well they're going to try to sell Gabi and Stefan as this great love story.  From what I see across social media and various message boards, you got people buying in.

For me, they're on that "You can go right now" list.  Stefan is a useless character and I've never cared for Gabi in the first place.

• Love 4
(edited)
29 minutes ago, superdeluxe said:

Since Ron can only write "sick, twisted" romances because he doesn't know how to write a real one, you know damn well they're going to try to sell Gabi and Stefan as this great love story.  From what I see across social media and various message boards, you got people buying in.

For me, they're on that "You can go right now" list.  Stefan is a useless character and I've never cared for Gabi in the first place.

I agree about Stefan.  Gabi could be so much more if the writers gave a damn about her.   She is used as a prop and it is just a shame.  She has a complex history and she is a very grey character.   Dena tried to write her as a traditional heroine and it did not work in my opinion. I think that Gabi has a lot more stories to tell, if only we had a competent writer. 

Edited by Apprentice79
  • Love 5
19 minutes ago, Petunia13 said:

Yeah they’re gonna sell Gabi and Stefan as an “us against the world” couple

I see a double date with Ben and Ciara in their future......

I hope it's bowling.......or square dancing.......

• LOL 6
  • Love 3
2 hours ago, Petunia13 said:

Yeah they’re gonna sell Gabi and Stefan as an “us against the world” couple

I hesitate to bring up Ejami because they are so polarizing because they inspire intense feelings on both sides. I thought they had that "us against the world" dynamic before the rape. As as Lumi fan, even I was intrigued.

• Love 3

If/when Gabi/Stefan turns into that will be when I stop enjoying them I'm sure. Gabi fucking Stefan (and enjoying it) and making him fall for her in an effort to ruin his life and steal his business is fun, her falling in love with him not so much.

• Love 6
24 minutes ago, peachmangosteen said:

If/when Gabi/Stefan turns into that will be when I stop enjoying them I'm sure. Gabi fucking Stefan (and enjoying it) and making him fall for her in an effort to ruin his life and steal his business is fun, her falling in love with him not so much.

Yeah I do like the tension between them where I feel most of their chem is based on the hatred if they lost that I don't think it would work as well. 

However I see Gabi falling for him before Stefan falls for her. Maybe the show will surprise me and they'll hate each other till the end.

I do think the actors have chemistry and this could be a potentially good romance if there was a decent writer involved. There isn't so... 

At this point its more that I rather have them together if they're going to be on the show rather than either of them be paired with someone I do like.

• Love 2
7 minutes ago, CanaryFan98 said:

However I see Gabi falling for him before Stefan falls for her.

Me too and that's the main problem. Maybe if Stefan fell for her and then after that she started to fall for him I wouldn't hate it, but she's obviously gonna have real feelings for him before he does for her and I'm not here for that.

ETA: What I'm really afraid of is her falling for him and him never falling for her, which will really make this story gross, stupid bullshit. So, right up RC's alley!

• Love 6
16 minutes ago, bobcat1946 said:

Why would Gabi fall for Stefan.  He is evil to the bone.  He framed her for prison and would do it again if he had the chance,.

Gabi doesn't exactly have high standards or self respect much like a lot of the women on this show. I mean why would Claire waste her time with Tripp? Yet here we are.

• Love 3

So Kristen and Zander's big plan is to switch out the autopsy report? Wouldn't they have to kill or pay off everyone at the medical examiner's office who prepared the report, and all the police who they immediately notified that the body wasn't Holly's? If the body isn't Holly, they wouldn't have released it to the funeral home for Holly's funeral.

• Love 5

Ron’s writing is at a 4th grade level. 

This is the same dude who just wrote an entire hospital poisoning mystery like it doesn’t have cameras or require people to check in. 

• Love 8
19 hours ago, CanaryFan98 said:

Gabi doesn't exactly have high standards or self respect much like a lot of the women on this show. I mean why would Claire waste her time with Tripp? Yet here we are.

Since Ron and Corday are in charge, I'm not surprised.  According to those morons, no woman could possibly have any self-respect or a spine.  If they do, they aren't real women, something must be wrong with them.  {face palm}

• Love 4

"The part of Nicole Walker is now being played by the one and only Kristen DiMera."

If Kristen thinks she will never die, why is she upset that Marlena pushed her out of a window?

Wow, Maggie, throw Brady under the bus! (Not that he doesn't deserve it).

Uhoh.  Rolf worked on human cloning.  DundunDUN.

• Love 1
(edited)
22 hours ago, CanaryFan98 said:

Yeah I do like the tension between them where I feel most of their chem is based on the hatred if they lost that I don't think it would work as well. 

However I see Gabi falling for him before Stefan falls for her. Maybe the show will surprise me and they'll hate each other till the end.

I do think the actors have chemistry and this could be a potentially good romance if there was a decent writer involved. There isn't so... 

At this point its more that I rather have them together if they're going to be on the show rather than either of them be paired with someone I do like.

I rather Stefan to follow his true love, Abigail to Paris and Gabi to move on to someone decent.

After all Gabi was a decent person until Stefan destroyed her out of love for Abigail.

Edited by bobcat1946
  • Love 4
(edited)

Suzanne Rogers has been owning this story and I like Kate's cutting through the crap--Maggie didn't fall off the wagon because she's jealous of Victor or grief stricken over Holly's death.  Yes, she is grieving but her devastation stems from her own guilt over Holly's death--tomorrow's episode will be insane.

I'm really done with Brady's "All of the bad women who've broken my heart" routine.  He needs to look in the mirror and see that he is cut from the same selfish cloth that he accused Kristen, Nicole, Eve and Theresa of being--he keeps attracting women who are just like him.  I do like how caring he is being of Maggie but he's still one of the most self-involved characters on this canvas.

I'm enjoying Will's storyline--CM is playing Will's worry over his deteriorating health very well.

Edited by kitmerlot1213
  • Love 9

Everything Maggie today was fantastic. SR continues to kill it.

I fast forwarded most of the Will stuff. I just don't wanna watch his health get worse and worse. There's nothing fun in it lol.

I loved all the Kristen/Xander stuff even though it was all super repetitive and stupid. It was fun and that's enough for me.

• Love 5

Even though Ron is probably going to ruin this Kristen/Nicole story in the end I actually don't hate it probably because its at least a soapy mess and doesn't pretend to be anything else. 

As opposed to Will's tumor, Maggie's return to alcoholism and the election/immigration storyline.

3 hours ago, TigerLynx said:

Since Ron and Corday are in charge, I'm not surprised.  According to those morons, no woman could possibly have any self-respect or a spine.  If they do, they aren't real women, something must be wrong with them.  {face palm}

Well the ones that do are barely on(Adrienne, Jennifer, Kayla, Julie)

• Love 3
1 hour ago, bobcat1946 said:

I rather Stefan to follow his true love, Abigail to Paris and Gabi to move on to someone decent.

After all Gabi was a decent person until Stefan destroyed her out of love for Abigail.

Eh Gabi wasn't that decent she did kill someone, also hired someone to stalk Melanie. I prefer her bad personally the heroine thing doesn't suit her however that doesn't mean she couldn't have some moments of human decency from time to time. They were able to do this with Nicole so I'm not sure why its so hard to do this with other characters.

Besides Gabi doesn't want a decent man she wants one that doesn't want her back(Chad, Stefan etc) 

• Love 1
52 minutes ago, CanaryFan98 said:

Eh Gabi wasn't that decent she did kill someone, also hired someone to stalk Melanie. I prefer her bad personally the heroine thing doesn't suit her however that doesn't mean she couldn't have some moments of human decency from time to time. They were able to do this with Nicole so I'm not sure why its so hard to do this with other characters.

Besides Gabi doesn't want a decent man she wants one that doesn't want her back(Chad, Stefan etc) 

Mileage varies, I know, but for me Gabi does have more than a few moments of human decency.  She had more before Stefan got her sent to prison on that fake charge but since her release, she's stayed true to Will and Sonny and to (ughhhhh), Rafe.

As for her killing Nick, that was close enough to self defense for me, certainly not cold blooded, the guy was an abusive monster by the end.  Which was a waste of Nick Fallon IMO, but that's another story....

• LOL 1
  • Love 12
55 minutes ago, CanaryFan98 said:

Yet she has been with two decent guys.  JJ and Eli.  Or am I able to call them decent guys since they are cheaters.

3 minutes ago, boes said:

Mileage varies, I know, but for me Gabi does have more than a few moments of human decency.  She had more before Stefan got her sent to prison on that fake charge but since her release, she's stayed true to Will and Sonny and to (ughhhhh), Rafe.

As for her killing Nick, that was close enough to self defense for me, certainly not cold blooded, the guy was an abusive monster by the end.  Which was a waste of Nick Fallon IMO, but that's another story....

Had she not killed Nick he was going to continue to try to rape her as well as blackmailing in spite of what Julie thought of perfect Saint Nick.

• Love 3
1 minute ago, bobcat1946 said:

Yet she has been with two decent guys.  JJ and Eli.  Or am I able to call them decent guys since they are cheaters.

She still wanted Chad over either of them  they were just placeholders as she was either using them to get over Chad or moved onto Chad quickly after. 

I rather JJ not be a decent guy personally I think CM is capable of playing a more complex characterization than that. 

Plus that whole JJ/Lani thing was always sketchy to me considering he always insisted he never remembered it and he looked out of it during the whole thing. If the roles were reversed the reaction would be drastically different. 

(edited)

This could be interesting if Kristin was only after Brady for access to Titan or Kiriakis money so that she could use it to continue Dr Rolf's research/experiments.  They could explain that Kristin has developed a strong father/daughter bond with Dr Rolf, and is committed to assisting his financial needs.  It would be nice of them to give Kristin a new motivation, especially because I find it difficult to believe she'd give a damn about Brady after he's rebuffed her so many times.  How many women who are desperate for a man's love does the show need?  

Maggie's face upon seeing Kristin was hilarious.  Maggie falling off the wagon feels a bit rushed, to me, but I thought that was fun.  Nicole slamming the door in her face got a chuckle out of me, too.  

Edited by enchantingmonkey
  • Love 4
10 minutes ago, DisneyBoy said:

HELP: In which episode did Gabi grab Stefan by the balls?

It sounds hilarious and I missed it and want to look the episode up.

When they had sex for the first time I like to say April 29

12 minutes ago, enchantingmonkey said:

This could be interesting if Kristin was only after Brady for access to Titan or Kiriakis money so that she could use it to continue Dr Rolf's research/experiments.  They could explain that Kristin has developed a strong father/daughter bond with Dr Rolf, and is committed to assisting his financial needs.  It would be nice of them to give Kristin a new motivation, especially because I find it difficult to believe she'd give a damn about Brady after he's rebuffed her so many times.  How many women who are desperate for a man's love does the show need?  

Maggie's face upon seeing Kristin was hilarious.  Maggie falling off the wagon feels a bit rushed, to me, but I thought that was fun.  Nicole slamming the door in her face got a chuckle out of me, too.  

That would be an interesting twist if she wanted something else instead of Brady but we know that this show isn't that smart.

• Love 1
(edited)
1 hour ago, DisneyBoy said:

HELP: In which episode did Gabi grab Stefan by the balls?

It sounds hilarious and I missed it and want to look the episode up.

Gabi should do that over and over again every time he treats her like she is a nobody.

Edited by bobcat1946
  • Love 3
(edited)
1 hour ago, CanaryFan98 said:

She still wanted Chad over either of them  they were just placeholders as she was either using them to get over Chad or moved onto Chad quickly after. 

Neither JJ or Eli were place holders for Chad.  Correct me if I'm wrong, but when Gabi and JJ had their romance, Chad wasn't even on the show and it was after Abby faked her death and then Chad and Gabi reconnected.  It was after they broke up for good, that Gabi and Eli got together.  And Gabi's revenge on Abby was all about her being set up and falsely sent to prison, it was never about getting Chad back. 

Edited by kitmerlot1213
  • Love 4
(edited)
34 minutes ago, kitmerlot1213 said:

Neither JJ or Eli were place holders for Chad.  Correct me if I'm wrong, but when Gabi and JJ had their romance, Chad wasn't even on the show and it was after Abby faked her death and then Chad and Gabi reconnected.  It was after they broke up for good, that Gabi and Eli got together.  And Gabi's revenge on Abby was all about her being set up and falsely sent to prison, it was never about getting Chad back. 

Chad was still on the show BF was continuously on as Chad from Sept 2014 till last February. He never left. 

Chad thought Abby was dead JJ/Gabi were together but the show was obviously moving Gabi into Chad's orbit.  They were getting closer while JJ went searching for Abby but to no avail. Then  off screen he got so drunk blacked out in Miami and when he returned he mentioned to Jennifer that he cheated on Gabi but didn't remember who. Later on it was revealed to be Lani but as he mentioned he was too blacked out to remember. At one point I thought they were going to go with a Lani drugging JJ story but no.  Meanwhile Gabi kissed Chad though during this time and was pretty much checked out on JJ. Hell she didn't seem all that interested in him beyond sex anyways. The show didn't care about these two that much. 

Eli was the guy that Gabi said she was using to get over Chad and he let her. She never had this great love for him either. 

Yes Gabi wanted revenge on Abby which I got but she also made it a point to get close to Chad even if she didn't flat out say she wanted him back her actions said otherwise wanting to raise Abby's kids with Chad. I mean really... Also makes her plot against Stefan even more laughable since he was the one who really put everything into motion yet she's banging him.

So yes JJ and Eli didn't matter to Gabi that much at least to the point where she would actually give either of them a second thought after the breakup.  JJ she managed to stay friends with but Eli she thought of even less as their relationship is barely acknowledged. 

I don't believe Gabi has ever been in love she's been fixated on two men: Chad and now Stefan most likely.  Everyone else was just filler.  

I guess there was Will too.

Edited by CanaryFan98
11 minutes ago, Petunia13 said:

Why is Maggie’s bedroom decorated so masc? 

She is sleeping in Brady's room....earlier Brady had told Victor he was taking Maggie upstairs to his room so Maggie could "recuperate" and be away from Victor for awhile til she sobered up.

• Love 3
2 hours ago, CanaryFan98 said:

Plus that whole JJ/Lani thing was always sketchy to me considering he always insisted he never remembered it and he looked out of it during the whole thing. If the roles were reversed the reaction would be drastically different. 

What JJ/Lani thing?  That out of town hook up?  I don't remember seeing that, thought we just heard about it.  Guess I missed that episode.

• Love 1
(edited)

Oh, for the love of Mike! Can't someone boil that woman's ashes in a vat of acid and be DONE?

On May 23, 2019 at 10:58 PM, Frozendiva said:

What did Doug and Julie do for the other 22?

I'm going to guess "Yelling."

Edited by Sandman
Doubled down.
  • LOL 8
  • Love 6