Type keyword(s) to search

Current Plots Discussion: Actually Today's Episode

Message added by scarynikki12

Spoilers are not allowed in this thread. Period. Any posts that include spoilers (and casting information qualifies) will be removed. There are several other threads that allow spoilers so take that discussion to one of them.

• Start Topic

(edited)

I feel bad for Claire, she is so alone in a town where she is related to everybody.  When people are alone and going through something that is when they need love and support. Hurt people usually hurt others or themselves.  I usually don't sympathize with villainous characters in fiction but she seems so lost confused and yearning for some type of love. My problem with Claire is just like every story written by Ron, is that he did not build up to Claire being so bad. I look at Sami and her trajectory was a slow build. She started very idealistic , she adored her big sister loved her parents and was very close to John. Then, boom she witnessed her mother betraying her father, then it went downhill from there.

With Claire, I did not see what led to her to become a crazed homicidal jealous person. A normal person does not try to burn their aunt alive out of jealousy. What makes this story so bad is that she is isolated from Marlena who would do anything for her children and grandchildren. I had a debate on another board where a poster was trashing Marlena and calling her a bad grandmother for only focusing on Will. I had to remind this poster that Marlena loves all of her grandchildren equally, but she has always been in Will's life. Claire and her other grandchildren have spent most of their lives away from her, especially if you take SORAS into account.

The immigration story is just so nonsensical and offensive in every way. It is obvious that Ron is making a political statement. I have no problem with him writing a controversial topic but I wished he had written a nuanced story that really gave both sides of the issue a point of view that made sense.  He just pissed me off with his inaccuracies about immigration, immigrants, both legal and illegal. 

Edited by Apprentice79
  • Love 11

I'm glad when JJ went off on Jack/Eve he did include the fact he used to deal drugs and that none of them are saints. 

I miss drug dealing JJ.

I'm supposed to hate Agent Smith but I don't I'd keep her for Abe.

I'm not going to get excited about a Rope breakup until it actually sticks.

Good job Hope making sense in this stupid storyline a shame nobody seemed to actually listen.

As funny as Melinda's line about Justin is unless she was raped and Haley came out of that there is nothing she can say that would remotely justify why she did nothing to make her daughter legal so we would be spared this rancid story.

• Love 5

I can't stand Claire. They've made the character evil. When I think of a troubled young woman, I think of someone like Haley, not a crazy chick who set a fire to kill her aunt. She's beyond nuts even by Days standards. 

Also hate Eve. What a nasty person. Kassie de Paiva is a great talent. I wish they'd make her character likable now and then. 

Casey Moss is a great actor. 

Nicole is being a pain in the ass. I've got a love-hate relationship with the character. I feel for her troubled childhood, and I think Arianne is a wonderful actress. 

• Love 6
22 minutes ago, TeeVee329 said:

I am VERY behind, but what's this I hear about Queen Gabi bitching out Stefano's portrait and declaring she's taking all the Dimeras got?  I must see this moment!

Oh, you have to see it! It was in yesterday's ep. I think. The eps usually all run together to me lol.

ORK continues to kill this story. I agree with you @Apprentice79 that the whole thing pretty much came out of nowhere, but I still am kinda into the story. I think it's mostly just because ORK is really great in it.

JJ punching Jack was great. And calling Eve, Jack, and himself on not being perfect was great, too. But yea, the fact that it's all over Haley makes it annoying. I actually like Haley, but fucking hell she's not an angel!

Tripp is the worst. I hope he's the next person Claire tries to set on fire.

• Love 6
(edited)
27 minutes ago, TeeVee329 said:

I am VERY behind, but what's this I hear about Queen Gabi bitching out Stefano's portrait and declaring she's taking all the Dimeras got?  I must see this moment!

5 minutes ago, peachmangosteen said:

Oh, you have to see it! It was in yesterday's ep. I think. The eps usually all run together to me lol.

Here you go:

Edited by buffynut
  • Love 8
6 hours ago, kitmerlot1213 said:

Today's episode is All About Haley which is almost as stomach-turning as when the shows All About Abigail:  Hope did ask the million dollar question though:  why didn't Haley file any papers that could lead to her eventual citizenship?  She came to US when she was 13, so she's been here for at least ten years, she went through high school, and college and became a nurse and never thought about her immigration status?  And was asking about the constitution and it's amendments supposed to be a blistering take down to a ICE agent doing her job?   Heck, maybe Haley should have brought up The Federalist Papers, that would really have put the agent in her place.

I also loved Haley's "You can't deport me, what about my patients?" like she's a world renowned neurosurgeon and not a nurse whose job could be filled by any RN at University Hospital.  And the conversation with Melinda, "I'll be all alone in China"--she's a young woman in her twenties, not a teenaged waif.  Of course it would be hard, but she'd get through it.

The Claire/Tripp conversation was horribly painful because Tripp is just so shocked that Claire could do anything so hateful to HALEY HALEY HALEY, the greatest girl in the world.  I know we're supposed to see Claire as the villain but I can't--I see a very troubled young woman who is desperately in need of guidance because she keeps messing up her life and she needs to get it together.

I did enjoy JJ's telling off Eve and Jack but again, it's not because Jack is such a changed man who is acting unethically and hurting people, but it's because he and Eve had the gall to hurt HALEY HALEY HALEY, the most delicate flower in Salem.

JJ did and said everything but never mentioned that he would go to China with her.

• Love 2

Worst kept spoiler: Melinda is Haley's Mom.

What in the world justifies her taking this long?

Nicole's anger at Eric makes no sense.  But she was pretty sharp to pick up on Eric/Sarah. 

Sarah, Sarah, Sarah... you are so out of your league in this fight.

JJ... you keep chewing up Eve & Jack.  It's entertaining. 

• Love 2
2 hours ago, buffynut said:

Here you go:

OMG, love it!  If only Gabi had been sipping a pink cocktail while gabbing with Stefano.

And I do like that Gabi, at this point, still hates Stefan O., I'm glad the show's not rushing through that.

• Love 6

Maybe I'd care more about Haley if she was better developed. Your patients can get another nurse - you are not of some eminence. China isn't all that bad for a woman in her 20s - her being fluent in English will help her, she can probably get a job, and eventually make connections and friends.

Of course Melinda's secret finally came out - at least she had a good crack about Justin being competent. Lots of reasons for hiding being her mother - to save face, strict parents, bringing shame to the family, lots of children who were girls were not welcome in China for a long time - families preferred boys, etc.

Did like JJ punching Jack. Too bad it was over Haley.

Tripp got hold of the Salem Brain today. Yeah, what Claire did was immature, selfish, and stupid. What did start her becoming like this - Theo dumping her? She has parents, caring grandparents, etc. Some significant issues to deal with - no, you can't have Tripp when you want him. He isn't a toy. Adult tantrums of not getting what you want when you want because you want. It wasn't some stupid little mistake she made - she coldly and calculatedly wanted to remove someone from her want to be boyfriend's life.

Guess the mayoral results are in.

• Love 6
(edited)

I really wish Show would stay as far away as possible from real life issues, especially when this group

giphy.gif

would have done a better job than the slackers who hang out in the writers room.

Everybody in this storyline looks like an ass in one way or another.  

Tripp, was, for me, a pretty innocuous character, once he stopped trying to ruin Kayla's life but now he's just this massive anal fistula with a hero complex and the brain cells of a dead flashlight battery who had no trouble messing up Claire's life to play hero and then act like an innocent in all this.

JJ, who I love, looks emotionally desperate and a bit sad to be THIS hung up on Haley THIS fast and while he's right to stick it to that putz of a father of his and Eve, I want better for him than Haley and Co.

Haley might have been a decent character but Show gave us the bums rush with her, TELLING us to care without giving us any buildup, any character development, and tossing Claire under the bus in the process.  Sorry Show, Haley now leaves nothing but a bad taste in my mouth.  

Jack's being a petty, small minded jackass who is using this person, this issue, for no reason other than to be elected Mayor - really, MAYOR OF SALEM is worth all this??  What, does his office come with it's own bathroom, has Jack suddenly become George Costanza?  And Eve......love me some KdP a LOT but damn, this character has no appeal for me at all right now.

I don't buy Haley, I don't LIKE Haley, too many people have been made to look like either idiots or assholes and I just don't care.

Oh yeah, the BIG REVEAL for today is that a character I don't care about is the daughter of a character I REALLY don't care about.  Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.......

Edited by boes
  • LOL 6
  • Love 9

My ideal episode at this point is simple.

• Steve comes back, smacks Jack upside the head, and a knock allows Jack to regain his memory. He and Kayla do the dance they do but clearly still pine for each other.
  •  JJ forgets that drip Haley as he makes Jack work for forgiveness (but does).
  • Eve gets hit by a Mack truck and pushes up daisies. No one gives a shit.
  • Jack and Jennifer deal with Jennifer's piss-poor treatment of Jack during his last go-round and Jack becoming a Grade A asshole this time. They SLOWLY reconnect.
  • Claire remembers she has family. Said family sees Claire figuratively crying for help and do just that.
  • Gabi and Stefan play mind games and screw each other senseless.
  • Chloe forgets Stefan and is torn between Rex (a.k.a. Old Brady) and Doofus Brady (hey, what can I say? I think Chloe and this Brady have a cool vibe, too!).
  • Nicole was holding hands with Eve when the Mack truck hit. So sad.
  • Sarah ditches wet mop Eric [all puppy dog over Dead Nicole, Part 2] and goes to have some fun with Xander. Not before telling Maggie to get off the sauce and take Victor for every cent he has.
  • And Eric plays martyr until some other female Salemite (new? old? no idea!) needs saving.
  • Oh, and on the way back to Salem, Abby and Chad forever end up in the Bermuda Triangle.

THE END

Wake me if any of this happens!

• LOL 7
  • Love 3

If Haley was born in the US or if was Melinda a US citizen when Haley was born, Haley would be a US citizen. If not, the maternity reveal is meaningless.

• Love 8

Melinda either had Haley here then sent her to China w her parents or she was visiting China and gave birth to Haley and dumped her on her parents. 

I’m inclined to side with Haley because her crime wasn’t out of malice and it’s a sympathetic situation. Also, I feel a bit more forgiving of her since she flies of the handle so much and does that aggressive pointing often, 😂 it reminds me of relatives who are volatile. That said the show ran it into the ground with having her so front burner, the center of an entire town’s mayor race and media storm, 2 lead guys proposing marriage and openly stating they’re willing to go to prison to even attempt to help her when they barely knew her, these dudes and Kayla chanting how she’s the best nurse Salem Hospital ever had and kind, good, hardworking she is daily. She reacted to all this in a rather blase way like “but of course” and also several times, like yesterday with the ICE lady showed her entitlement. You can recite the Amendments and National Anthem, the agent is just doing her job. Her bringing up her patients was bogus and sounded slightly conceited. As mentioned by a poster above the hospital has other competent staff. And there are people...who also have critical jobs that are deported, Haley. Even parents from kids 🙄 

If Tripp realizes Claire has anger management issues and insecurity why is this tool bag piling on that and inciting it further? He really should have talked to a professional or Kayla on how to broach these matters with Claire. He’s been low key an asshole since his dating Ciara days. 

Eve is way too obsessed with being First Lady of Salem like she’s Cersei Lannister or something, it’s a small town and you think everyone in its dorks so I’m not sure why. Jack’s getting too weird for me as well. He has a very platonic and colleague dynamic with Eve but they’re having sex and have shared a bed since NYE. Where did they get all their money for the mayor race and wardrobe and inn ect for months btw? She’s paid it all? 

• Love 6
11 hours ago, TeeVee329 said:

And I do like that Gabi, at this point, still hates Stefan O., I'm glad the show's not rushing through that.

I kinda hope they never have her develop feelings for him and she just fucks him for a few months and then happily destroys his life. Please give me this, show!

9 hours ago, boes said:

Tripp ... just this massive anal fistula with a hero complex and the brain cells of a dead flashlight battery ...

I literally loled.

• Love 6

Did ICE hire a private plane to fly Haley to China?  The agent had to call the pilot to postpone takeoff?

Why aren't Jake and Eve with their campaign staff?

So Melinda is what, 40?

Jeez, Jack is acting pretty manic.

I love how Brady family members can just walk behind the bar and serve themselves.

Are we supposed to be rooting for Ted and Hope?

• LOL 1
  • Love 5
23 hours ago, RealHousewife said:

Also hate Eve. What a nasty person. Kassie de Paiva is a great talent. I wish they'd make her character likable now and then. 

She's likable when she's playing surrogate mother to Claire but, otherwise, the writing in this Jack-For-Mayor storyline isn't doing her any favors.  

Wednesday's show was the most I've watched an episode in weeks.  Really enjoyed the showdown between Tripp and Claire.  ORK continues to entertain me with how she expresses through her eyes, and Lucas Adams did a good job of holding his own in those scenes.  

JJ and Jack are veering towards repetitious with JJ's proclamations of his hatred for Jack but both actors are making it work, especially because we know JJ couldn't truly hate his father.  And, it seems to be the only time Jack isn't operating from his Man-With-No-Memory state of mind.  

• LOL 1
  • Love 7
50 minutes ago, enchantingmonkey said:

She's likable when she's playing surrogate mother to Claire but, otherwise, the writing in this Jack-For-Mayor storyline isn't doing her any favors.  

True, unfortunately those moments are few and far between. 

• Love 5

I just don't get anything about the Haley story today.  Let me get this straight, Melinda decides now is the time to confess she's Haley's mother.  JJ thinks ICE should take this into consideration.

But the background Melinda told was of her younger self hooking up with a local boy and getting pregnant.  It sounds like this all took place in China.  Basically there was nothing of relevance vis a vis Haley's immigration status found in Melinda being her mother unless one of the local boy's parents was American which might make him also American.

Otherwise, a Chinese girl born to Chinese parents is still Chinese.

• LOL 1
  • Love 8

Okay, did you all hear Jack, when he was taunting Hope, say that because of him winning the mayoral race, Salem was now NEW SALEM?  

Show wouldn't, would they?  Not in way shape fashion or form, would they??  Does this mean all the dead people have come back to Melaswen?  OH they wouldn't.......Would they?

I hope Eve enjoys all the perks of being Mrs. Mayor.  I hear that coupons come with that.  AND, I bet, maybe a sash?  

giphy.gif

I think Eve just might be a little disappointed down the road.....

It were any other two characters, I might have thought Show was trying to put Kayla together with Abe.  But, naaaah.  For one thing, it would take six months for her to even get Abe unbuttoned and out of that suit.  For the other, I'll let you all come to your own conclusions.

I enjoyed his shout out to Lexie.  I would have really enjoyed it if she'd answered him.

Poor Maggie, everytime one of Victor's relations gets in a mood, they go for her Lladro collection.  She should switch to Precious Moments.  Or going by Show's current storyline, American Girl dolls.

I liked Ciara with Claire today, liked the actress in particular.  It feels like a long long time since Ciara's had a scene that either wasn't with Ben, or her defending Ben.  This was a nice, lowkey, well acted interchange with Claire.  They both did a good job.

So is JJ going to spirit Haley away to Smith Island?  Because they'll NEVER look there, will they?

I know!  Maybe Tripp can join them there, they can declare Independence from the United States and become Dumbasfuckistan.  Julie can be the Ambassador.

• LOL 17
  • Love 5
40 minutes ago, boes said:

I know!  Maybe Tripp can join them there, they can declare Independence from the United States and become Dumbasfuckistan

*Massive spit-take all over my cell phone screen*

Ahem.

I did like two things today - Hope signing divorce papers and Melinda's acting. I'm glad that actress stuck around all these years and finally got a story. In a town full of hypocrites, I often root for Mean Ol' Melinda as she spits some truth in their smug faces.

(....but seriously, she wasn't born in Ancient China. She was born in the 1970s FFS. Would her family have really lied like that for the sake of "honor" and still kept the secret when she moved to the US...where no one would care?)

• LOL 1
  • Love 5

Saving face is very important in Chinese culture.

Nice that the baby daddy is wealthy and unnamed. Wonder if anyone in Salem could be the daddy. Melinda, why did you wait so long and why don't you have a copy of Haley's birth certificate?

Can't imagine that ICE would have the money to put Haley on some private plane. Maybe to Chicago where she would be put on to an international flight. Spending a zillion dollars to send her back to China? What a waste. She'd probably be put in some temporary holding area until a flight is found.

Eve, what do you get out of being a Mayor's wife? A bunch of rubber chicken dinners?

What's Abe going to do now? Retire? Hope Jack crashes and burns? Move to Washington to be with Valerie?

It was nice to see Claire and Ciara actually talking again. Ciara, you really should have listened to what Claire wanted to talk to you about. Claire really isn't simply just impulsive and did something stupid. There is a pattern. Maybe talk to Tripp to get his end of it and then put the truth together with both sides. Claire, you also have no business destroying stuff at your grandfather's home. Go back to the apartment and destroy your own stuff, and then clean it up, and then pay to replace what you broke. Or better yet, go to a Dollar type store, buy $10 worth of stuff to break and then do that.

JJ, running away with Haley probably won't work. Let things go through the normal immigration process. She really isn't worth it. Stop rescuing women.

New Salem? Hope not - the dead have been coming back though.... too meta for the show.

• Love 4
2 hours ago, boes said:

So is JJ going to spirit Haley away to Smith Island?  Because they'll NEVER look there, will they?

That was my first thought!  Second one was - so now he's simply going to run with her for the rest of his life?  They have no plan!  It's not like after a while the statute of limitations runs out and she can stay.

• Love 3

How 'bout this Jack is just an Asshole Clone and Real Jack pops up? First, it would leave Eve with egg all over her smug face since her plan for revenge would be for naught, and Real Jack would not have alienated his son and become a Supreme Douche.

I mean, this show loves masks, twins, and doubles. This would be perfect. Anything to stop the Smug Assholery that Ron continues to drive the audience away with.

• LOL 2
  • Love 8

I enjoyed Ciara actually acting like a caring human being towards her niece, who definitely needed the comforting.  It's painful to watch someone make horrible mistakes, knowing that they are sabotaging themselves and yet still make that bad choice--Claire, get some therapy,

The actress playing Melinda did a good job with the backstory on Haley's birth, though I do have some problems with it.  Haley would have been born in the early 1990's, so didn't China tax people who had more then one child?  So Melinda's parents would rather be taxed then admit their unmarried daughter had a kid?

Haley was rather cold during Mel's reveal--I can understand being shocked at finding out the truth but to not show any compassion especially when Mel started crying and then to sarcastically call her "Mom"?  That some Abigail Horton level bitchiness--DAMN!!

And JJ's insisting that ICE needs to stop deportation...because Melinda who is now an American citizen gave birth to Haley back in China.  Makes sense.

• Love 6
12 hours ago, boes said:

Okay, did you all hear Jack, when he was taunting Hope, say that because of him winning the mayoral race, Salem was now NEW SALEM? 

Poor Maggie, everytime one of Victor's relations gets in a mood, they go for her Lladro collection.  She should switch to Precious Moments.  Or going by Show's current storyline, American Girl dolls.

At the rate the dead are popping back up, it's getting to be a whole New Salem.

I fondly remember Andre's bitchy comment to the none-too-urbane MM Abigail re "the fabled Horton Hummels" as he was taunting her about the K mansion.

• LOL 1
  • Love 2

I thought Thursday's show was really well done.  I enjoyed the friendship scenes between Kayla & Abe, nicely done with 2 friends talking about what was happening in their lives & in their town.  I liked that Abe 'talked" to Lexie.  I was glad that Claire finally had someone to talk to & who cares about her....Claire has needed someone from her family to address her issues:  both young actresses did a good job in those scenes.  I got very emotional during the scenes of Melinda revealing that she is Hayley's Mother....again, I thought both actresses did a good job, Hayley's face registering her pain & confusion & hurt.  Casey Moss is always good & even Tripp did a good job in his scenes confronting Claire & when he burst through at the end to help Hayley & JJ.   Jack's total Gleefulness at his win was a hoot, and his firing of Hope was a win for me.  The only 'downers" for me were Hope continuing to be Mopey & Ted continuing to be Smarmy.  But Thumbs up over-all for a show I found worth watching.

• Love 2

Patchouli body spray?

"Talking isn't really our event, is it?"  As gross as Xander is, he's really funny. But damn, Eric! Surprising that Xander just walked away after that.

I wonder if there will be any consequences for Tripp for helping JJ and Haley to escape.

Does Brady really think Xander didn't make a copy of the tape?

Why did Nicole look so nervous to see Xander at her door?

Kristen, maybe?

• Love 5

Haley being cold to Melinda doesn't bother me because I think its warranted she could've spoken up sooner we could've been spared this stupid story although it makes zero sense Melinda would wreck her own career over this but I digress.

Now her doing absolutely nothing about her status as soon as she became an adult is another story that's where it stops for me.

• Love 2
(edited)

You know what this show really needs?  More yelling.  And screeching.  There's not nearly enough middle-aged pouty baby men, not nearly enough.  I mean, we can't expect Eric to fill that role ALL the time.

Oh, we also need Eric lashing out in that voice of his that rises to baby-with-a-full-diaper whine, treating everyone, especially Sarah, like shit.  That poor woman deserves a vacation in XanderLand and if that doesn't work, mocking Eric until she makes him cry would be good, too.  Why this mess of a man is allowed to wander free instead of being locked up in a Bouncy House for the Criminally Untalented is beyond me. 

I don't generally advocate violence but I'd make a HUGE exception for Chloe to drop kick Nicole out the front door of the DiMera mansion, bouncing till her head ended up her ass.  ANYTHING to shut her up.  

I definitely do NOT want Haley deported to China.  Our relationship with that country is tenuous enough.  Perhaps the International Space Station needs a nurse?  She deserves a nice, quiet place where she can contemplate, maybe even make a list of everything that's so wonderful about herself.  It could take YEARS for her to finish.

Jenn and Melinda were the best scenes IMO today.  

And that's it.

Edited by boes
  • LOL 10
  • Love 6

I agree that Jenn and Melinda were the best part of the show today. Two adult women, who are not friends, who don't have much in common, actually having a supportive conversation. Jenn showed maturity, little judgment, compassion and actually listened to what Melinda was saying. We saw the perfect veneer fall from Melinda as she finally accepted that she was human.

Geez, the Brady Pub is certainly lacking for customers. Unless the lunch crowd left and just Sarah and Eric were hanging about. Eric, Xander may have been behaving like a jerk, but that was no excuse to tackle him. Sarah is a big girl and if she needs help, she will let you know. Sarah may actually be better off with Xander since he genuinely wants to spend time with her - maybe. Rex is a consolation prize because she can't do anything with her crush on Eric.

Brady, do you seriously think that Xander gave you the only copy of the tape? And why would you give it to Nicole? No one has still bothered to take her to the Salem PD or Hospital and have her DNA checked/fingerprints checked to confirm her identity. Sometimes someone who walks and talks like a duck isn't a duck.

Nicole, nice of you to tell Chloe off. Some friend. She really did do well by your daughter. And the going back to the hotel and uncorking a bottle of champagne? And Xander at the door. Girl, you certainly have a funny way of mourning your newly dead toddler

JJ, it is all noble to want to rescue Haley, but this is something for her family to resolve.

• Love 5
14 hours ago, Frozendiva said:

Nicole, nice of you to tell Chloe off. Some friend. She really did do well by your daughter. And the going back to the hotel and uncorking a bottle of champagne? And Xander at the door. Girl, you certainly have a funny way of mourning your newly dead toddler

Especially considering Ron's love of masks, I have a strong suspicion this is not Nicole.

• Love 5
14 hours ago, CanaryFan98 said:

I stumbled onto this and honestly forgot this ever happened. This was Christmastime 2014

Weird how different the show is now...

OH, that made me miss Lauren Bowles so much. Another few years and she could come back as Ciara??

• Love 4

The scenes between "Nicole" and Xander are fascinating.  Is it really Nicole?  They're talking as if it really is Nicole.  Can't wait for the reveal.

I love Xander offering Sarah's references for his capabilities.  🙂

I appreciate their interweaving the Claire breaking figurines in with Maggie's story.

Ooh, Kate catching Xander and Nicole.

• Love 6
6 hours ago, Lastwaltz said:

OH, that made me miss Lauren Bowles so much. Another few years and she could come back as Ciara??

Careful what you wish for, though. There seem to be many capable kid actors who, once they hit puberty, seem to see their acting nosedive for whatever reason. Besides, not sure this show has that much gas left in it.

• Love 3

I loved the Nicole (or who/whatever she is)/Xander scenes. They were so fun. I am glad I got to see AZ do something other than cry.

The Will story is not for me. It's boring and awful lol.

The actress playing Maggie is killing this story and I'm enjoying watching her.

• LOL 1
  • Love 12
42 minutes ago, WendyCR72 said:

Careful what you wish for, though. There seem to be many capable kid actors who, once they hit puberty, seem to see their acting nosedive for whatever reason. Besides, not sure this show has that much gas left in it.

As much as I adored demon child Ciara I think that's how LB's version should stay honestly.  I can't imagine her as Ciara now it would be so weird especially after Cin. 

Besides she's gotten some PT gigs here and there anyways so who's to say she'd want to return.

Some have suggested she could come on as Sydney who thinks of Ciara like the big sister she never had.... that I'd go for if LB ever wanted to return.

Course like you I think Days isn't going to last much longer and we're witnessing the bitter end.

• Love 3
44 minutes ago, WendyCR72 said:

If Days lasts 2 more years I'll be shocked. ITA about child actors sometimes decline over the years. 

• Love 2
2 hours ago, CanaryFan98 said:

Some have suggested she could come on as Sydney who thinks of Ciara like the big sister she never had.... that I'd go for if LB ever wanted to return.

Sydney has a big sister already in Allie who apparently likes to drink too much wine according to Lucas.

• Love 4
2 hours ago, peachmangosteen said:

I loved the Nicole (or who/whatever she is)/Xander scenes. They were so fun. I am glad I got to see AZ do something other than cry.

The Will story is not for me. It's boring and awful lol.

The actress playing Maggie is killing this story and I'm enjoying watching her.

I completely agree about the characters of Nicole and Maggie--they are killing their scenes and both of the actresses are bringing their A games but I also think CM is doing a great job with Will.  I loved his look of confusion when he realized that he said something hurtful to Marlena--nicely done to all three of the actors.

• Love 10

At least 'Nicole' has a more interesting storyline so far. And doesn't want wimpy Eric. Xander is not qualified for an executive position and will probably need to buy a suit or other work type clothing. But then again, no one ever seems to work in Salem....

The champagne would be seen in poor taste by the housekeeping folks or the press - especially since her daughter apparently just died.

Maggie really hasn't had much of a storyline either for the past while. Just prop up others. Of course, Claire won't come clean about breaking the ornaments. Claire, it is not your home and if you break something, you buy a new one - just like a store. You want to break things - buy some stuff at a dollar store and help yourself.

Rex, you have no business interrogating your fiancé as to where she was. She is here now. Ugh.

The Brady Pub actually had some customers!

Will, you are somewhat responsible for that tumor or whatever it is because you used Rolf's serum. Who is paying for your medical bills?

• Love 3

I said I think Jack and Nicole might be impersonators or clones. But Xander is obviously an imposter as well, he’s worn a shirt several days in a row...I smell bullshit masked with patchouli. 

@howmanywords I could see Days lasting longer as a websoap as Corday wants or through an app. And then possibly syndicated. The international community really likes US soaps, but has limited access. Only B&B really syndicates itself internationally and even then it’s minor, but it does insane ratings. I think Corday was pissed off that Sony/NBC won’t do that or allow him to do it since it’s waving bye to millions a year. 

Rex and Sarah are as big of a farce as Rafe and Hope. Professional educated adults in committed relationships that get jealous over who talked to who and have secret crushes and ask babyish questions. Neither Rex or Sarah are shitty characters, they just are boring and dysfunctional together. 

• Love 8
54 minutes ago, Frozendiva said:

Will, you are somewhat responsible for that tumor or whatever it is because you used Rolf's serum. Who is paying for your medical bills?

I would say his wealthy mother but he doesn't want Sami to know about his condition.

• Love 2
3 hours ago, kitmerlot1213 said:

I completely agree about the characters of Nicole and Maggie--they are killing their scenes and both of the actresses are bringing their A games but I also think CM is doing a great job with Will.  I loved his look of confusion when he realized that he said something hurtful to Marlena--nicely done to all three of the actors.

I agree.  I like Arianne Zucker but today is the first time I enjoyed Nicole, real or fake, since her return.  And Zander.  They both played well off each other.

Suzanne Rogers was fantastic today, just fantastic.  She's right but she's also falling apart, that scene were she called Kate and accused her of gaslighting her was really good.  Lauren Koslow, John Aniston, JH and DH also, all of them made today's episode good from beginning to end.

Oh, we had Blockhead and Moopie sitting on a bench at the Square, feeling sorry for each other and themselves but thankfully, not much of either one.  Sarah was fine and though I know I'm a Party of One in this regard, Rex was fine too.

Good start to the week.

• Love 17