Type keyword(s) to search

Current Plots Discussion: Actually Today's Episode

Message added by scarynikki12

Spoilers are not allowed in this thread. Period. Any posts that include spoilers (and casting information qualifies) will be removed. There are several other threads that allow spoilers so take that discussion to one of them.

• Start Topic

1 hour ago, Apprentice79 said:

I never thought that Rafe was a good step-father.  I always felt he was inappropriate with EJ's children.  As much as I disliked EJ, you don't try to get between a parent and their child, period. Rafe was constantly trying to steal his kids.   Rafe with Sami's approval was always trying to undermine EJ's place in his own children's lives.  

Don't forget the Danny Rafe situation too. 

• Love 3

They're really trying to clean Stefan up. Now they're having Chloe claim what Stefan did with the alter was out of love. Nah, Chloe, it was rape. And you and Ron can't change that!

• LOL 1
  • Love 11

At least today Ciara went a small way towards redeeming herself.  Having the presence of mind to leave a trail and at least attempting to escape was unexpected.  The way they have been writing her lately is expected crying, whimpering, and begging while waiting for someone to save her.  I was pleasantly surprised none of that happened.

Also liked Cloe calling out Brady on his habit of "insta-LUV."

Damn, Gabi didn't miss a beat.  Rafe's going to live?  OK, back to the plan - let's use my brother's situation to my advantage.

• LOL 1
  • Love 6

Rafe sure does end up in the hospital a lot.  Sami isn't in town so who is going to be his bodyguard this time?

So Hector is now the bad guy making Stefan and Ben the not so bad guys by default.

At least DOOL is consistent, they never miss an opportunity to keep a psycho around.

Edited by TigerLynx
ETA
  • LOL 3
  • Love 2

Hope says keeping the baby can't just be Rafe's decision alone.  But apparently her decision not to to keep the baby can be hers alone.

Chloe, don't let Brady off the hook. And I love her reading him for filth.

How does Brady think that the Kiriakis mansion is any safer than the DiMera mansion?

Damn, Brandon and Camila are killing it. But Gabi didn't waste any time getting back to her seduction plan.

• Love 7
3 hours ago, DaphneCat said:

Also liked Cloe calling out Brady on his habit of "insta-LUV."

I appreciated that too. One reason I can't support Broe or any Brady pairing (except for Kristen) is that he's a cancer to every woman he is with. It almost always ends ugly after he has gone around telling everyone in Salem that the latest woman he's with is the love of his life & like no other woman he's been with prior. 

• Love 12
4 hours ago, DaphneCat said:

Damn, Gabi didn't miss a beat.  Rafe's going to live?  OK, back to the plan - let's use my brother's situation to my advantage.

Right! I loved it lol.

I also thoroughly loved Chloe reading Brady for filth. That was super fun. I actually loved Brady in those scenes too and what he had to say about Stefan, especially with regards to Abigail. Chloe's "It was love," had me rolling. Girl!

So, who do you guys think Ted is talking to? And, more importantly, does anyone really care?

Honestly, I really enjoyed today's ep. It was really fun.

Edited by peachmangosteen
  • LOL 2
  • Love 9
14 minutes ago, peachmangosteen said:

So, who do you guys think Ted is talking to? And, more importantly, does anyone really care?

giphy.gif

It's Lucille, Lucille Bluth.  She's behind EVERYTHING.

• LOL 3
  • Love 8

So Hope is mooning over Rafe and the Jordan baby thing like she is the 15 year old Fancy Face. A calm adult discussion should have happened - but nope, just her sulking about it.  The baby should go to CPS to find a suitable foster home.

And now she is stuck with Ben to find Ciara. At least Ciara was a bit smart and tried to get away from Hector, plus leaving a breadcrumb or earring crumb trail.

I too liked Chloe telling Brady about his shortcomings and his insta-luv. Good for her. Granted, it probably won't sink in at all.

No idea who Ted is talking to and why is he so interested in Hope Brady? She has nothing to offer him unless she still has her fortune. He wants that whiny, controlling mess?

Gabi sure moves on from Rafe being in the hospital to the next phase of her plan.

Stefan actually acted decent today.

• Love 8

Ciara sure was doing a lot of name dropping during her kidnapping. My mom police commissioner, grandpas is some bad guy you must have heard of, Brady I am relate to him somehow but his an idiot so don’t worry about him. 

It was very strange no one called Hope about Rafe    

• Love 4

I think it’s funny that Ciara keeps defending triple murderer, Ben. She acts like he got a speeding ticket and didn’t pay the fine. I just can’t get passed this. I know it’s a soap but I just can’t.  

• LOL 2
  • Love 6
39 minutes ago, ByaNose said:

I think it’s funny that Ciara keeps defending triple murderer, Ben. She acts like he got a speeding ticket and didn’t pay the fine. I just can’t get passed this. I know it’s a soap but I just can’t.  

Same here.. I just fastfoward them and anybody connected to them. I am here for Jack/Jennifer and Wilson. 

Edited by Apprentice79
  • Love 6
18 minutes ago, Sandman said:

"Doug's Place: Come for a stiff drink. Or a stiff AND a drink!"

"But not from Doug.  The drink, yeah, but not the stiff".

• LOL 3
  • Love 4
2 hours ago, ByaNose said:

But, but....he feels really really BAD, okay?  

And miffed a bit that people won't let it go, but bad, the guy, he feelz bad....

Lucky for him, he's madly in love with CiAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARA, who won't be getting a MENSA membership card anytime soon, so he's well matched.

• LOL 8
  • Love 5

I just saw BTS photo shoot of the Days cast and it was being done on the Doug’s Place set. They do everything on that set. Weddings, Back from the dead, eat, drink & shoot outs. It’s a multipurpose place. 

Edited by ByaNose
  • LOL 4
  • Love 2
7 hours ago, ByaNose said:

I almost spit my coffee out when she said "he's not a psychopath! Don't talk about my boyfriend like that!". Girl sit down. Even Ben would admit he's a bit psycho. Maybe that's why I actually like Ben more than Ciara. He's more self aware and not up in a cloud.

• LOL 3
  • Love 7
3 minutes ago, howmanywords said:

I almost spit my coffee out when she said "he's not a psychopath! Don't talk about my boyfriend like that!". Girl sit down. Even Ben would admit he's a bit psycho. Maybe that's why I actually like Ben more than Ciara. He's more self aware and not up in a cloud.

Perhaps Ben is giving her some good D. That will blind some women when it comes to a man's flaws, if he can make her sing opera.

• LOL 3
  • Love 1

Gabi and Stefan are giving me fits.  I like Gabi.  I wasn't a fan of the character of Stefan, on paper.  But if they're going to make all characters awful, sometimes you just need to go with actors.

In spite of all the character's faults, Tyler Christopher was starting to work it with Gabi.  They were really developing the I hate you but I want you vibe.  Then Brandon came on and all that lusty undercurrent disappeared.  He played his interactions with Gabi with more menace. 

But Friday I started to feel chemistry when he was nice and she was being vulnerable.  It would have been nice for the kiss to progress from there but for some reason, they decided to take five minutes to review the deal Gabi made with Brady about seducing Stefan.  So by the time the kiss happened, it felt like it happened cold instead of out of that intimacy they spent the episode building. 

It's just so frustrating.

• LOL 1
  • Love 12
22 hours ago, peachmangosteen said:

Kayla did.

I posted while watching.  I just felt it strange that Ben was the first one to tell Hope.  You would think she as police commissioner would be the first notified when an officer is shot plus he is her husband.  

• Love 1
7 hours ago, Irlandesa said:

Gabi and Stefan are giving me fits.  I like Gabi.  I wasn't a fan of the character of Stefan, on paper.  But if they're going to make all characters awful, sometimes you just need to go with actors.

In spite of all the character's faults, Tyler Christopher was starting to work it with Gabi.  They were really developing the I hate you but I want you vibe.  Then Brandon came on and all that lusty undercurrent disappeared.  He played his interactions with Gabi with more menace. 

But Friday I started to feel chemistry when he was nice and she was being vulnerable.  It would have been nice for the kiss to progress from there but for some reason, they decided to take five minutes to review the deal Gabi made with Brady about seducing Stefan.  So by the time the kiss happened, it felt like it happened cold instead of out of that intimacy they spent the episode building. 

It's just so frustrating.

Ugh this. I'm still here for some Gabi/Stefan hate sex, but my enthusiasm has really dimmed because BB and CB don't have the type of chem that TC and CB were developing and because they added Brady to the mix.

1 hour ago, tribeca said:

I just felt it strange that Ben was the first one to tell Hope.  You would think she as police commissioner would be the first notified when an officer is shot plus he is her husband.  

I think it's just because no one else really knew about it (that would have been able to call her right away) by the time Ben ran into Hope.

37 minutes ago, buffynut said:

I still miss Steve. 

Not gonna lie, for a second I was like, "Who's Steve?" lol.

• Love 2
On 4/19/2019 at 1:35 PM, Sidney said:

They're really trying to clean Stefan up. Now they're having Chloe claim what Stefan did with the alter was out of love. Nah, Chloe, it was rape. And you and Ron can't change that!

Yeah this is why her rant about Brady/Victor falls flat because her dumbass is only doing this to cape for Stefan of all people.  Hard pass.  

For all of Brady's flaws at least he goes after women that actually exist.

• Love 7

What does "to cape" mean? To cover up someone's flaws?

I am also skipping all of Ciara and Ben's scenes, so whoever said that, you are not alone! I've really been hopscotching my way through the storylines these last few months. Can anyone be so kind as to explain to me:

1) Why Haley is an illegal immigrant?

2) Why Melinda wasn't able to help her get citizenship in the eyes of the law if they are family and she's the DA?

3) Why Haley didn't want JJ to be her fake husband when she's obviously into him?

4) What Eve gets out of becoming the First Lady of Salem?

Maybe they attempted half-assed explanations for those questions, or maybe they didn't. I haven't been watching enough to know.

I will say that I loved Chloe's smackdown of Brady. How long have we waited for someone on screen to point out that Brady just jumps from one sexual relationship to the next and always gets his heart broken in the process? How long have we waited for someone to point out that Brady basically stalks and obsesses about whichever woman he pursues? I think the last person to call Brady out was Theresa, back when he was fixated on Summer. She said he had white knight syndrome, if I recall correctly. She was totally on the money, and that was what - four years ago? Zero character growth, Brady.

Hell, I'm still trying to figure out when he actually stopped drinking. If Lucas and Jennifer needed big Intervention episodes to mark the beginning of their newfound sobriety, why is it Brady, arguably the worst addict of them all, just went from drinking to not drinking without any fanfare?

Ugh this. I'm still here for some Gabi/Stefan hate sex, but my enthusiasm has really dimmed because BB and CB don't have the type of chem that TC and CB were developing and because they added Brady to the mix.

I didn't really like TC if I'm being completely honest but I will say that he did nail the character's brooding intensity and isolation. I just didn't particularly enjoy watching him on my screen. I think the only way these romantic storylines with Chloe and Gabi could have worked is with a recast. I just can't fathom seeing any woman kissing Tyler Christopher's Stefan after what he did to Abigail and Chad. He was a total sicko. BB is very different in that he has a natural charm and likeability. I think the character has smiled more since he began playing him, and that makes it easier for me to see women interested in him. It still makes no sense on paper of course, but if I turn off my brain I can watch them being a room with him and not douse themselves in disinfectant and be okay with that.

If not for the recast, it would be even more horrifying watching Gabi kiss him and attempted to bed him. This is probably the lowest her character has ever gone, and I hate that once again the show is having a woman debase herself through sex. Gabi has serious issues if she actually is attracted to him.

Has Chloe always been stupid? I don't remember much of her back when she was in high school being the ghoul girl, but I seem to recall she wasn't a complete idiot. Of course, she did run off to Mexico without doing any research, so maybe she is dumb. Point being, I can't imagine why a woman who has been charged with looking after someone else's baby would move into the DiMera Mansion. It's so contrived that she's not living at the Kiriakis place with Brady and Victor. That really undercut her whole conversation with Brady. She's completely right about what an ass he is and what a pig Victor is, but he's also right that it makes no sense for her to move in with Stefan who she doesn't know and who I'd like to think she would never be attracted to, if not for the shitty writing.

There's a hell of a lot of contrived shit going on in Salem these days, isn't there?

And now Ted is Aiden 2.0. So...there's one more reason to tune out. 

#ForeverBitterOverAidenUnderTheRafeBus

Edited by DisneyBoy
  • Love 3

Yeah, BB seems to have more fun playing Stefan whereas TC was playing more brooding like the OG Stefanio DiMera. It is interesting to see two different actors take on the role. The dialogue is pretty much the same but BB is smiling and laughing while doing it. Of course, they were probably directed that way but I think their take on the role in general are vastly different. I can see people liking one versus the other. I like both actors but I have to deal with BB in the role now and I’m okay with that. The whole TC firing was kind of cray cray. He looked totally fine on air and then apparently he’s raging drunk and can’t perform and they canned his ass. The BTS stuff is way more interesting then what’s on screen. IMO!!!

• Useful 1
  • Love 3
9 hours ago, DisneyBoy said:

I think the only way these romantic storylines with Chloe and Gabi could have worked is with a recast. I just can't fathom seeing any woman kissing Tyler Christopher's Stefan after what he did to Abigail and Chad. He was a total sicko. BB is very different in that he has a natural charm and likeability. I think the character has smiled more since he began playing him, and that makes it easier for me to see women interested in him. It still makes no sense on paper of course, but if I turn off my brain I can watch them being a room with him and not douse themselves in disinfectant and be okay with that.

I agree with this and yet I still think Gabi/Stefan was working better with TC in the role. They just conveyed true loathing for each other with that tinge of 'but I'd like to fuck you' that this story needs and that imo BB and CB don't really have. I still wanna see them have hate sex though lol. 

BB is almost too, like, I don't know, giggly or something. He actually comes off worse to me than TC's Stefan did towards the end. I used to really like BB as Johnny on GH, but eventually I just got tired of his charms, I guess, and that's kinda carrying over to DOOL.

13 hours ago, CanaryFan98 said:

For all of Brady's flaws at least he goes after women that actually exist.

lol sweet burn!

• Love 5

OK so Ciara went a little further to redeem herself today.  At first when Ben and Hector started to fight she was standing there like the women always do (see Cloe, basically hiding behind the plants at Doug's Place)  and I really thought she was just going to be a total wimp.  But then, she actually fought for herself!  We're finally getting a woman willing to at least try and take care of herself - not turn all helpless and wait to be rescued by some man.

• Love 3

Hector's dead meat whether he shoots Ciara or not.

The Gabi and Stefan scenes were fire.

Lani just walks in? wth?

Why was Hector holding his gun over his head like that, and pointing it at the top of Ciara's head?

Damn, Ciara!

Are the cops going to come charging in and shoot Ben?

• Love 4

Man, I hate Ciara. At least she actually did something, but she is utterly insufferable. And of course, in the end, Ben saved her. Spare me. They keep repeating the same, 'Ciara's in trouble, Ben saves her' story with them. It's so tiresome.

Gabi/Stefan was fun but I continue to wish for more than I actually get with them. tbh I just don't think CB and BB have that great of chemistry.

• Love 8
19 hours ago, DisneyBoy said:

What does "to cape" mean? To cover up someone's flaws?

"Cape for" being a hero/protector to someone and dismissing everything else an example Ciara rationalizing everything Ben has done.

• Love 1
19 hours ago, ByaNose said:

Yeah, BB seems to have more fun playing Stefan whereas TC was playing more brooding like the OG Stefanio DiMera. It is interesting to see two different actors take on the role. The dialogue is pretty much the same but BB is smiling and laughing while doing it. Of course, they were probably directed that way but I think their take on the role in general are vastly different. I can see people liking one versus the other. I like both actors but I have to deal with BB in the role now and I’m okay with that. The whole TC firing was kind of cray cray. He looked totally fine on air and then apparently he’s raging drunk and can’t perform and they canned his ass. The BTS stuff is way more interesting then what’s on screen. IMO!!!

Days should really just go full meta and forget trying to be an on screen soap opera and instead be a BTS soap where we see what happens off camera in the making of a soap rather than an actual one. They would probably save so much $$$ that way.

• Love 1

The writing for Gabi and Stefan made so much more sense today.  This time when she flashed back (recreated, right?) it was to a moment of passion between them so her kiss made sense.

They perfectly hit the "we really really shouldn't do this but we'll look for any excuse to make it inevitable" vibe. 

I just wish the writing hit the right tone more often than it does.

And maybe it's weird but, as annoying as Ciara can be, the past few days showed me she doesn't need Ben.  I think the actress had really good chemistry with the guy who held her hostage.  I suspect she'll be one of those actresses who will be good with natural chemistry.  In other words, it won't be feast or famine with her.

Edited by Irlandesa
  • LOL 1
  • Love 5
On 4/20/2019 at 8:07 PM, Apprentice79 said:

That will blind some women when it comes to a man's flaws, if he can make her sing opera.

Well, there's a euphemism I haven't heard before. (P.S. Don't tell Chloe about Ciara hitting a high D-flat.)

• LOL 3
11 hours ago, Irlandesa said:

I think [Victoria Konefal] had really good chemistry with the guy who held her hostage.

I agree. I liked the actor playing that guy as well. It's too bad they already have a serial killer, maybe they could redeem this guy.

• LOL 3
  • Love 5
6 minutes ago, peachmangosteen said:

I agree. I liked the actor playing that guy as well. It's too bad they already have a serial killer, maybe they could redeem this guy.

Well, Ciara standards are pretty low. I'm sure dating a guy who took you hostage shouldn't be too much of a problem.

• LOL 6
  • Love 5

"Ciara in Danger" 

giphy.gif

is almost as tired a trope as "Brady in Love".

My favorite part of yesterday's show was Hope and Ben walking in circles around each other in the park poking at their cell phones - great work, you two!

I'm really not interested in seeing Kate in some sort of cat fight with Maggie over which woman is unlucky enough to get stuck with the old coot.  

Pop Up Victor with his snark is one thing, but Victor as an object of romance is quite another.  

By this time, Victor's love life should be like the end of a game of musical chairs.  You got him, you have to keep him.  

Unless, of course......say, Julie and Doug might be up for a little.....

cue the ukelele!

Edited by boes
  • LOL 6
  • Love 8

The only part of Ciara In Danger that I liked at all was her leaping on Hector and trying to strangle him -- I guess that was supposed to be brave and her taking care of herself, but I thought it was dumb to do and funny to watch. I'm just too jaded. 

Hope and Ben were Keystone Kops-funny, I agree @boes -- I always think it's ridiculous that she runs around in 4 inch heels like that anyway. But at least it wasn't Ted who was running after Hope this time. 

I need some Jack and Jennifer, or at least JJ, this week to hold my interest. 

• LOL 6
  • Love 2

Gabi and Stefan were funny with all of their awkward banter before the kiss that Lani walked in on.  I, too, have been missing the dynamic Camila Banus and Tyler Christopher had going but I thought Brandon Barash finally found his groove with the hate/lust thing Stefan has with Gabi.  

1 hour ago, peachmangosteen said:

He had a screen presence that I made me take my finger off of the FF button for a minute, and he didn't seem to share RSW's fondness for stilted acting.  

• LOL 2
  • Love 4