Type keyword(s) to search

Current Plots Discussion: Actually Today's Episode

Message added by scarynikki12

Spoilers are not allowed in this thread. Period. Any posts that include spoilers (and casting information qualifies) will be removed. There are several other threads that allow spoilers so take that discussion to one of them.

• Start Topic

I think Gabi should have gone to Rafe in the first place. Nick's pretty much doing what I wanted him to do when he came back: giving Gabi a pass while being a pain to Kate and Sami, but it's dragged on for so long that it's not making sense, even by Salem standards. Rafe has an uncanny ability to make time pass even more slowly, so, at this point, I don't see how adding him to the mix could be a good thing. If he does get involved, I hope that he'd save some of that righteous indignation for Gabi, Kate and Sami, but  I'm sure he'll focus all of it on Nick.

• Love 2

I don't know why the writers insist on having the characters have the same conversations over and over again.  So far, Nick's revenge has consisted of blackmailing Kate and Sami into giving him and Gabi jobs which Kate and Sami had already offered to them before Nick blackmailed them.  It's pointless and boring.  Somehow the writers manage to take every SL, even if it starts out interesting, and make it lame and boring.

• Love 1

It is incredible how stupid Gabi.  It's really the classic setup; beautiful face and lame brain.  I so hope Camila's exit is exciting.

Would someone please tell me who at DOOL is so invested in this lame Dannifer story?  It has been a failure from the beginning. Yet character after character is sacrificed to try and make this silly couple interesting.  Thanks to this story I now despise Maggie.  Since Jennifer treated Jack like a disease, even when she was supposed to be "with" him, I hate her.  I hate Maxine because her sole reason for breathing is to prop Jen and Dan.  So stupid and such a waste of a character who has some personality. From what I saw at a couple of events SC is not too keen on the story either.  Regardless of personal circumstances, SC and AZ have great chemistry.  I noticed it when Nicole and Dr. Dan had the ill-timed hook up during her last pregnancy.  I could watch them any day over dull Ericole and inispid Dannifer.

I love all the trouble Nick has caused but his comeuppance had better be huge.  He has had the upper hand all the way in this story.

I'm interested to see the fallout of Sami seeing the photo of EJ and the child.  From all accounts the scenes are supposed to be epic.  Glad the truth will be out finally.

How sad that Lucas cannot have any kind of life that his mother doesn't ruin.  I so wanted him to tell her off in front of Sheryl.  Even if she left anyway(which she would because the actress was fired), it would have been refreshing for Lucas to oppose Kate in a brave, meaningful way. Cut those strings Lucas.

Who knew Mark Collier could be such a good creep?  Too bad he can't kill Jennifer in some horrible bloody, irrevocable way.  Ah dreams.

• Love 3

Corday is the one who loves Dannifer.  Blech.

I just want Sami to leave EJ.

I wonder if the reason Lucas didn't say anything to Kate about Sherly is because while he liked Sheryl, he believed she would be better off away from Salem and Kate.  I also think Sami and Lucas will be revisited before Sami leaves Salem.

Will needs to stop being so spineless, and get a custody agreement in place.

So far, Nick's revenge has consisted of blackmailing Kate and Sami into giving him and Gabi jobs which Kate and Sami had already offered to them before Nick blackmailed them.

Admittedly, I am a Nick fan, but the mild nature of his demands is a big reason why I don't see him as the terrible guy that others do, and that the show is trying to portray him as. This kind of thing, and the virus with the goofy graphics that he gave to Kate,  are just the type of things that the Original Fallonator would do--relatively harmless (again, relative to Salem misdeeds). I would have expected more malicious things from the homophobic stalker they turned him into.

Post-prison Nick has been a failure as a character. Once again, the show goes out of its way to create a convoluted story, when there's a far better one that could basically write itself. Once the Jensen thing went down, it was just one missed opportunity after another. Instead of a thoughtful story of Nick getting help and everyone dealing with the fallout of his actions towards Will and Sonny (maybe even some divided family loyalties), we get this crap. While I still think he can come back from all of this, I'm sure a lot don't. If they insist on writing him like this, I hope that he does kill Gabi. At least then, something good can come from his character assassination.

• Love 1

Admittedly, I am a Nick fan, but the mild nature of his demands is a big reason why I don't see him as the terrible guy that others do, and that the show is trying to portray him as.

Days villains anymore are kind of pathetic.  It's to bad Andre is dead.  When he was in Salem, he terrorized the entire town.

Edited by TigerLynx

The Dimeras should have died along with Andre and Tony. Kristen came close, but she was ruined for me this last time back.  Chad and EJ are completely unworthy of the Dimera legacy. Stick a fork in that family.

• Love 1

LOL at Nicole trying to act all tough with Liam. She backed down real quick when she realized he could expose her dumbass.

Why is EJ wasting time asking Sami if she wants Nick dead when he should have already taken care of him months ago.

Will is a fool and I'm sure he will soon regret being so concerned about Gabi's worthless feelings.

Can ONE person in this raggedy ass town have enough sense to kill Nick and Gabi and be done with it? Shit.

• Love 3

As a former TWoP reader and poster, it's nice to find this one.  Does anybody REALLY think Nicole is going to tell Daniel? Liam is so creepy I want to take a showeer after each time he's on screen.

Byw--the other evening, on a station called UP, there was a movie about Queen Esther--Thaao Penglis played the king and Jen Lilley (Theresa) played Queen Esther! 

Does anybody REALLY think Nicole is going to tell Daniel?

No. Nicole will lie until she can't lie anymore and then lie some more. When she is finally exposed I want Dan to tell her ti fuck off and mean it. I don't particularly like Dan but I think it would be a real shame if he got stuck with Nicole again. It's bad enough he has to deal with Jen.

I wonder if they would kill off both Nick and Gabi. They both seem like they're headed for a body bag.

• Love 2

It would be great if the writers didn't use the same fake out to end each episode - the one where someone is ready to spill some important information, yet we KNOW that there will be an interruption/phone call/urge to use the restroom/whatever - that will stop said important info from being disclosed. Tune in tomorrow, folks to find out WHAT stops Nicole from telling Dirty Dan about Looney Liam!

I have a sort of reluctant admiration for how utterly obtuse the writers are to what a self-involved narcissistic blowfish Jenn comes across as EVERY time she opens her mouth. Today she tells Dirty Dan that it's all her fault, the trouble he's in, and that it never would have happened if he didn't love her. WHAT?? Does it only rain to bother her, and does the sun only go down to ruin her day?? I swear that eyeliner she's had tattooed on her face must have poisoned that tiny raccoon brain of hers. And THIS is who TPTB consider to not only be a romantic lead, but also the Saint of Salem?? I mostly resent her because, next to her, Dan doesn't look as bad as he really is.

But, at least this latest crisis forced her to go to work. I swear Crazy Ann has a point.

• Love 4

LOL boes.  How true.

I remember when villians had bite and good guys were good because of their actions not their sactimony.  How weird is it that DOOL has turned me into a person who roots for the bad guys most of the time because the good guys are so insufferable?  This is the 21st century Days.  Please remember that.  The Donna Reid Show would not last through one episode in today's world.  The show should be all about what I think as a viewer not what the EP thinks.

All we want is good drama, good romance and some action that makes sense.  Is that so difficult?

• Love 2

All we want is good drama, good romance and some action that makes sense.  Is that so difficult?

From these writers, yes it is.

I don't like what the writers have done to Sami and Kate.  The idea that Kate and Sami couldn't handle Nick on their own is so annoying.  If Sami doesn't ditch EJ's lying cheating ass when she finds out the truth, I am going to be beyond angry.

• Love 2

I'm disgusted that most of this episode was overrun with Dan worshipers. I'm am SO sick of everyone talking about stupid ass raggedy ass Dan and Jen. I want them both be attacked by wild coyotes and then hit by a car while they try to escape and then set on fire by Liam.

What was the point of the Nicole and Dan scenes? We all knew her lying ass wasn't going to say anything.

I want Theresa to destroy all of them.

Edited by LeftPhalange
  • Love 3

I'm disgusted that most of this episode was overrun with Dan worshipers. I'm am SO sick of everyone talking about stupid ass raggedy ass Dan and Jen. I want them both be attacked by wild coyotes and then hit by a car while they try to escape and then set on fire by Liam.

What was the point of the Nicole and Dan scenes? We all knew her lying ass wasn't going to say anything.

I want Theresa to destroy all of them.

OHMYGOD did you hear?? Daniel got SUSPENDED!! It's SO bad that Jenn actually had to GO TO WORK - and not only that, Abigail had to got work too!! I think I hear the Salem Siren going off - no, no, that's just Jennifer, SOBBING to Hope, who, thank God, has put on her COP VOICE so she can comfort CUZ. Yep, that's Nicole blathering away because she wants to HELP DANIEL but she just can't get to the point. Must be the grief because DANIEL HAS BEEN SUSPENDED. In fact, time in Salem has actually stopped because of this. Hell, even Brady is sober right now. Only Eric is able to keep going, to keep droning ON AND ON AND ON about the "church teachings". Even Abigail had to cut short her buttinsky ways with JJ because DANIEL GOT SUSPENDED.

Break out the sackcloth and ashes, folks, cuz DANIEL GOT SUSPENDED.

I can only imagine the gnashing of teeth and rending of garments when DANIEL GETS CONSTIPATED.

I almost forgot. As bad as it is that DANIEL GOT SUSPENDED, the real worry is HOW WILL IT AFFECT JENNIFER?

Edited by boes
  • Love 4

Will FINALLY grew a pair and asked Gabi for a custody agreement. I'm going to be cautiously optimistic because he could still back down or decide not to include a clause that prevents Nick from being around Ari. And LOL at Gabi getting offended. She can have multiple seats.

Can't they find a more entertaining way for Aidan and Hope to interact?

Jen needs to overdose on a bottle of prozac.

Theresa needs to file harassment charges on Dannifer and get a restraining order.

So destroying his liver isn't enough to get Brady to stop drinking but helping poor little Dan is? Pathetic.

Why do the writers have such a hard on for Dan? Who asked for this? Who wants to see more Dannifer?

• Love 1

Will FINALLY grew a pair and asked Gabi for a custody agreement. I'm going to be cautiously optimistic because he could still back down or decide not to include a clause that prevents Nick from being around Ari. And LOL at Gabi getting offended. She can have multiple seats.

Can't they find a more entertaining way for Aidan and Hope to interact?

Jen needs to overdose on a bottle of prozac.

Theresa needs to file harassment charges on Dannifer and get a restraining order.

So destroying his liver isn't enough to get Brady to stop drinking but helping poor little Dan is? Pathetic.

Why do the writers have such a hard on for Dan? Who asked for this? Who wants to see more Dannifer?

I don't know about Will. He's still desperate to see Unicorns where there is only a horses ass with Gabi. It causes me pain to ever think Rafe is right about anything, but he's right about Nick - and Will is wrong. I'm hoping that the Nick/Gabi threat is neutralized when Gabi and Nick kiss and their slimy flesh molds together.

Jenn.....I thought that the worst, absolute worst soap character EVER was Krystal Carey on AMC, but I have to say Jenn is giving her a run for the money. Not that long ago Jenn went on a tear about Daniel, badmouthing him all the time, everywhere, because she thought he'd slept with Theresa AFTER SHE DUMPED HIM. Not a day went by that she didn't blacken his name to anyone unlucky enough not to get away from her two-faced self. Now, after three minutes with Brady, she's ready to believe he's NOT going to drink anymore and he's going to dump Theresa. And Dan should just believe it. Cuz, you know, SHE SAYS. Then Brady and Dan meet and embrace like two good single-digit IQ bros and she stands on her tippy toes and CLAPS and makes googly eyes. GAH.

I too hope Theresa wipes the floor with 'em all. If only....

And whoever has the hots for Dannifer on this show should just STOP IT.

• Love 1

For a second-just a second-while Jennifer was talking to Liam, I thought she was playing him and was going to let him "help" her, all the while trapping himself.

I also find it amazing how Liam just comes and goes in Daniel's apartment-does he have Daniel's schedule? 

Btw--I like Daniel-not necessarily with Jennifer (who is still trying to look 16).

And one  more thing--I am so tired of these women who wear sleeveless drsses-no coats-when it's supposed to be winter and  early spring-do they just want to show off  their tight upper arms?  We get it, you're in good shape.e

• Love 1

Of course EJ will convince Gabby the custody agreement is for her protection too. Why should Will be expected to handle this himself? And if he HAS to have someone doing most of the work for him why can't it be one of his parents. I guess the writers have forgotten Will already has a father and his name isn't EJ.

Even if Dan is drugged he should face some type of consequences for performing surgery even though he knew he wasn't feeling well.

Is Abby starting to see that Nick is off or is she too busy daydreaming about EJ?

• Love 2

I was enjoying the Nick SL.  The Kate/Sami scenes when they tossed him in the river, and were trying to cover things up were hilarious.  However, Nick blackmailing everyone and no one retaliating is boring, and doesn't make sense.  Gabi getting involved with Nick again, makes her as dumb as Brady.

I am enjoying it too. I love Sami and Kate in the same scenes.. they are so funny together. I don't like that they aren't retaliating. Gabi has got to be the stupidest female on the show./.. .. the freak tried to rape her.. I hope he kills her. She shouldn't be allowed to waste any space on the planet.

I don't know about Will. He's still desperate to see Unicorns where there is only a horses ass with Gabi. It causes me pain to ever think Rafe is right about anything, but he's right about Nick - and Will is wrong. I'm hoping that the Nick/Gabi threat is neutralized when Gabi and Nick kiss and their slimy flesh molds together.

[...]

And whoever has the hots for Dannifer on this show should just STOP IT.

I can understand Will's attitude towards Gabi. She is the mother of his only child, and he desperately wants his daughter to grow up in a stable family unit unlike his own upbringing. Plus, he probably still feels guilty about using Gabi when he was confused about his sexuality.

Co-signing about Dannifer - a thousand times. What is it with this regime's hard-on for this pairing? THEY SUCK. I'm just glad Jennifer looks so old, I hope and pray that means we never have to see a Dannifer baby. It was bad enough when they wantonly retconned Parker's paternity to make him Dan's (and in the process whittled away a Kiriakis heir). But to tie Dan into the Horton clan by making him the father of precious Jennifer Rose's child would be a graver insult. Dan is never going to be a Horton, no matter how many retcons you pull out of thin air (I'm eyeing the Maggie maternity reveal).

• Love 1

Well THAT was a disappointment, although I’m also glad that this isn’t the way it will play out. But still, essentially a waste of time and talent.

I will say, though, that I can never get enough of anyone, anytime, anywhere, pushing Abigail off any staircase. The higher, the better. After all, if she lands on her head there will be no permanent damage. Of course, the best would be if Jenn broke her fall and Abigail landed squarely in her big mouth.

Now THAT is a dream!

What wasn't a dream was just dumbslukery b.s. between Marlena and Jennifer. Marlena may have every reason to hate the DiMera clan, I'm not saying she doesn't. But she might also want to remember that women who mate with Turtles, especially ones who end every sentence by acting like someone farted really shouldn't throw stones. Yeah, she and Jawn are separated now, but she'll be swimming in that noxious pool again soon.

And Jenn.....Jenn.....the woman who went on a date the day after her husband died really, really shouldn't throw stones. Unless she pulls them out of her head, which is full of rocks anyway.

• Love 4

I will say, though, that I can never get enough of anyone, anytime, anywhere, pushing Abigail off any staircase.

Sami throwing Abby off the staircase was my favorite part. I don't even care that she was pregnant.

• Love 4

Yesterday's show was exhausting.  So much emotion was spent only to realize it was a daydream or daymare.  I saw the actors say on twitter the scenes were done to further the plot and the audience will see why it was done this way soon.  They had me going until Marlena appeared.  That part seemed unreal.  As with everyone else, I loved Sami throwing the harlot on her head.  Wish the fall broke her neck.  But she probably had her mouth open, as usual, and that cushioned the fall.

It just seems DOOL goes from stunt to stunt in lieu of logical drama.

Days makes me tired.

• Love 3

I saw the actors say on twitter the scenes were done to further the plot and the audience will see why it was done this way soon.

OMG, what nerve! Who in their right mind would believe anything they say NOW after they hyped this ridiculous fake-out nine ways to Sunday and back? Talk about back-pedaling, give me a break.

I have to admit I was falling it for it hook, line, and sinker until the Abby scenes, when Sami popped out from the other room like some crazed serial killer. I did love what she was saying to Jen, though. "Congratulations, grandma!" LOL. I'm only sad that since Sami threw Abby over the stairs in EJ's fantasy, it probably won't happen for real.

How stupid to spend an entire show on a fake-out. Kudos to anyone who suspected the truth. The fact that it occurred pre-May sweeps should have been the first clue.

Well, now that THAT little distraction is out of the way, I guess the Show can devote the rest of the week to it's real priority and A-story, the trials and tribulations of Daniel Christ. Ugh.

Edited by kassandra8286
  • Love 1

So the only reason they would do that to advance the plot is so that EJ can desperately try to prevent it from going down that way, right? But I don't understand how that's any different from how he would have approached it pre-daydream. Was he considering telling Sami?

Obama should have interrupted today's show to give a press conference.

Especially if he said he's rewritten the health care law to deny coverage to the Deveraus dames for any acts of violence done to them, and he's personally going to see to it that surfer docs who date women their grandma's would consider haggish have their licences revoked.

• Love 2

Nick didn't pay for his ginger ale.

And Victor and EJ should both have been at the hospital board meeting.

Why didn't the hospital investigators find Liam's hidden cameras and microphones when they were searching Daniel's apartment?  And Jennifer is going to believe they missed those pills sitting in a can in his food cabinet?

I'm still annoyed at the fake out.  When Marlena showed up, I realized it wasn't real.  I want so badly for Sami to leave EJ.

It looks like the writers and Corday have AS and JS trying to do damage control.  If they would just write interesting SLs, instead of jerking the fans around that wouldn't be necessary.

I'm getting the same kind of crazy vibe from EJ and boring Abby as I am from Nick.  Could Liam please kill all three of them along with Jen, Dan, Nicole, and Gabi.

Edited by TigerLynx
  • Love 1

Did anyone notice the Dilaudid prescription bottle Jennifer pulled out of the can in Daniel's cabinet?  It said they were 800mg.  The normal dose for Dilaudid is 1-2mg every 4 hours.  That's not even a kosher dose in month-days. 

• Love 1

Did anyone notice the Dilaudid prescription bottle Jennifer pulled out of the can in Daniel's cabinet?  It said they were 800mg.  The normal dose for Dilaudid is 1-2mg every 4 hours.  That's not even a kosher dose in month-days. 

That's the dose I need to watch Jennifer - the stronger the better.

Maybe Dan does too.

Edited by boes
  • Love 3

So is Jenn going to not believe Daniel AGAIN?  Or, this time, is she going to be on his side?

And, does anyone give a carp?  I wish they'd both swallow that bottle of pills and go to sleep and get a feel for how watching them makes us feel.

And how about Hagitha Jr?, over at the Pub, evesdropping on Gabi and Sami?  That's our girl Abigail!  She and her mom are the the GREAT HORTON HOPES, according to Maggie and Hope and Julie, but they are SUCH a pair of snoops, and more judgemental than Gladys Kravitz.  They really should have them riding bicycles and stealing people's little dogs the way Elvira Gulch did in the Wizard of Oz.

But seriously, Show, why are we supposed to believe that Abigail has any interest in Nick Fallon's life?  He's a second cousin, she barely knows him, yet she feels she has the right to quiz people about him.

What am I saying??  She's Jenn's spawn - of COURSE she feels she has the right to evesdrop, interfere and judge.  It comes naturally.

• Love 2

But seriously, Show, why are we supposed to believe that Abigail has any interest in Nick Fallon's life?

If Abby's raggedy ass cared about Nick she wouldn't have forgotten all about him the minute EJ let her feel his penis. I hope he finds out how easily she tossed him aside for some sex.

It wasn't real.  It was a stupid fantasy.  I hate the writers.  AS and JS OTOH were excellent in those scenes.  They should have been real.

It wasn't real but it sure was entertaining. I bet AS had a blast with that scene. I was hooting and hollaring. She was hilarious. The scenes should have been real but I hope it is just the beginning. I hope EJ has lots of these daymares.. that would be great to watch.

Sami throwing Abby off the staircase was my favorite part. I don't even care that she was pregnant.

That was awesome.  I really enjoy Days. I think it is the bomb right now. I don't ff anything on Days but FF so much on Y&R.

What the hell is wrong with JJ? Why would Paige give up going to Stanford for some guy she barely knows? Get over yourself.

I love that Nicole is so willing to help Dan but has no problems screwing over the man she supposedly loves.

How can Nick insure his criminal record doesn't come up when it's a matter of public record just like Sami's murder trial?

So I see Gabi's going to once again be talked into denying Will his rights. Stupid bitch.

• Love 1

If Liam the Loon would just lock Jennifer, Daniel, Abigail, Nick, Gabby,and Julie in the Horton cabin and blow Smith Island off the map he would become my all time favorite daytime hero! Oh, right after Jen sits on the bed and then finds out that's where Abby took her first roll in the hay with EJ. Then, Liam can kill them all. 

Edited by Peanut6711
  • Love 3

What the hell is wrong with JJ? Why would Paige give up going to Stanford for some guy she barely knows? Get over yourself.

How can Nick insure his criminal record doesn't come up when it's a matter of public record just like Sami's murder trial?

So I see Gabi's going to once again be talked into denying Will his rights. Stupid bitch.

My dirty little secret that was I sort of liked JJ.  Mostly it was a holdover from when he was making his hag of a mother miserable, and sending his sister into fits - and mocking Dr, Dirt - but even after he drank the Kool-aid, I liked him.  He seemed so less toxic than his nearest and dearest.  Now he's proven he's Jenn's son and Abigail's brother.  He actually thinks he has the right to get angry AND try to make this girl who he's known for 10 minutes feel guilty because she's gotten into a top school.  Yep, he's Jenn's offspring, all right.  I guess his big ambition is to wait around and get a job at Horton Hospital and not show up to work like Mom and Sis do now.

I do hate Nick - and I very much enjoy hating Nick - but there's a HUGE flaw in him being the Big Bad.  The guy tried to RAPE Gabi, he has one helluva criminal record, and it's NO SECRET.  The judge would already know about it.  And it's pretty inconceivable that between EJ, Kate and Sami they couldn't get ahold of the pictures Ruggles has - which would completely end Nick's threat.  Then it's nothing but his word against theirs.  And as for Gabi, all they'd have to do is have her gaze into a puddle of water and she'd be too entranced by her own brilliance to even bother trying to contradict them.   I've had Thanksgiving turkeys who were smarter than her - after they were cooked.

And once again, as you say, ready to betray Will in a heartbeat.  At least Aiden is clued into Nick somewhat, and doesn't seem to like him.

If Liam the Loon would just lock Jennifer, Daniel, Abigail, Nick, Gabby,and Julie in the Horton cabin and blow Smith Island off the map he would become my all time favorite daytime hero! Oh, right after Jen sits on the bed and then finds out that's where Abby took her first roll in the hay with EJ. Then, Liam can kill them all. 

I'm with you on this!   Just imagine Jenn's raccoon eyebrows raised in horror as realizes that a Dimera got into Abigail's knickers, and THEN the bomb goes off!  What a lovely image.....

Oh, the way the show ended today......Nick is going to confront Sami??  Does he KNOW ANYTHING about who he's dealing with??

I wish she'd just pull an Indiana Jones, pull out a gun and shoot him.  In those fish lips of his.

• Love 2
Just imagine Jenn's raccoon eyebrows raised in horror as realizes that a Dimera got into Abigail's knickers

Yes, and for all that sand in the hourglass would someone (like Sami) please finally remind Jennifer that a “Dimera” also got in hers some years ago. If there’s one flashback I’d like to see shown it’s one of Peter Blake getting into Jennifer's knickers!  Then Sami (or anyone with the balls to point it out) can say “Like Mother, like daughter.” Because they truly are a self-righteous, hypocritical pair.

Ah the memories! Must be a lot of amnesia in the Horton family.... 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aT69BrDHgxQ

• Love 3