Type keyword(s) to search

Current Plots Discussion: Actually Today's Episode

Message added by scarynikki12

Spoilers are not allowed in this thread. Period. Any posts that include spoilers (and casting information qualifies) will be removed. There are several other threads that allow spoilers so take that discussion to one of them.

• Start Topic

The show has been kind of dull this week. 

Where is the Brady/Theresa hookup going?  I would love them to fall for each other but then Kristen shows up and things explode.

Will the Wilson wedding go smoothly with no problems?  Some drama would be nice.  Too much lovey dovey stuff may be boring.

Will Ben make Abby give him a chance or is she still pining for EJ?

Who has the EJAbby pictures and how will they turn up?

Will Gabi be dumb enough to go round three with Nick?  Will Gabi end up dead?  Who is the vicitm at the K' Mansion that needed police tape at the place?

Will Hope and Aiden ever have a romance or continue to bicker for years?  Will Kayla make Hope jealous?

When will Sami find out what EJ has done?  Will she find out everything?  Will she forgive him?

After Lucas and Sheryl make love what drives Sheryl out of town?

How soon will Nicole and Eric break up?  Who will Nicole rebound with?

These questions should spark some discussion.

• Love 1

LOL.  Things are a bit boring with the show just now.  Too bad hurricanes Eve and Kristen are still offshore.

It seems DOOL can never sustain drama and suspense for very long.  We are either in a storm of drama or bored to death.

The pacing really is horrible.  The Jordan thing has been drug out forever.  It's boring. 

I was enjoying the Nick SL.  The Kate/Sami scenes when they tossed him in the river, and were trying to cover things up were hilarious.  However, Nick blackmailing everyone and no one retaliating is boring, and doesn't make sense.  Gabi getting involved with Nick again, makes her as dumb as Brady. 

Brady/Theresa could be interesting, but I'm tired of everyone in Salem warning Brady that Theresa is bad for him.  Brady is a grown adult who for years has been ruining his own life.  That's not Theresa's fault.

I just want Sami to find out the truth about everything, and leave EJ.  The writers have had these two characters on this same merry-go-round for eight years.  I don't know why they put them together as a couple if it wasn't going to be any different than how they acted when they were at war with each other.

• Love 1

Will the Wilson wedding go smoothly with no problems?  Some drama would be nice.  Too much lovey dovey stuff may be boring.

I want someone/something to interrupt the wedding but I don't want it to be anything involving EJ/Abby. Their stupid bullshit has taken up enough of the show. I don't want Nick's "death" to come out either because I don't want WIlson's big day to be tarnished by drama with their family. Is there anything else that could interrupt the wedding?

I was enjoying the Nick SL.  The Kate/Sami scenes when they tossed him in the river, and were trying to cover things up were hilarious.  However, Nick blackmailing everyone and no one retaliating is boring, and doesn't make sense.

Someone needs to get some dirt on Nick. I'm tired of Nick holding all the cards and it's ridiculous that he can threaten this many people and get away with it.

• Love 1

I can't wait for the Wilson wedding. I enjoyed the scenes when both were on their phones with their mothers, trying to explain the decisions about the wedding. That scene rang very honest to me. I'm ready for some other storylines to be wrapped up. Two years later, and I am still hating the Dan and Jennifer story. Boring! The best part about Jennifer is her cutie son.

I have watched this show for sooooo long.  I must admit, I've had a hard time watching in the last couple of months.  I really had it that Allison Sweeney is leaving and maybe that's why I'm having a hard time.  She brings so much spunk to the show.  I also can't stand the new actor playing Will, he is nothing like the old Will.  He seems very stuffy.  Can't stand him.  Wishing Nick had not returned.  I don't even recognize this show anymore.  

I agree, the Daniel and Jennifer coupling is so boring.  

• Love 1

I don't like Jennifer and Daniel either. I think Daniel an Nicole have some chemistry more so than Nicole and Eric. I was really liking Nicole, I wish they hadn't turned her around like that, I think the new Will is doing a pretty good job but I wish the old Will could have stuck around till after the wedding.

• Love 1

I just find Dannifer scenes so insipid.  I can't really explain it, but they get on my last nerve, mainly Jennifer.  Can't remember stalker guy's name, but I sure hope he puts her (and me) out of her misery.

• Love 1

I could do without Marlena and the love guru. Though, if Marlena turns into one of the three stooges at another wedding it might be worth it. Just don't let her near any video equipment.

I didn't need Jennifer to turn into Brad Pitt "What's in the box!"

I'm looking forward to a nice, uneventful wedding for Will and Sonny. They still bore me, but I'm a little swayed by all the warm and fuzzies stemming from all of this cast interaction the past few days.

Speaking of weddings, aside from Abby, is there anyone in Salem that Eric *can* marry in the Church?

OK, I really don't think we're going to have an argument between Dannifer about a stupid checkbook.  However, if they truly do go with this idiocy, Daniel needs to jump Jennifer ASAP for once again thinking the worst of him.

Nicole and Daniel seem to sparkle together.  I always liked them better, but since I read that the actors are dating (not sure if it's true) there seems to be a bit more in their scenes.

I just find Dannifer scenes so insipid.  I can't really explain it, but they get on my last nerve, mainly Jennifer.  Can't remember stalker guy's name, but I sure hope he puts her (and me) out of her misery.

I think you're being far too kind just calling them insipid. Irritating, annoying, horrible, nausea-inducing - and those are just the words I can use that won't get me into the confessional. Although, considering it's Salem, my sins would be pretty minor.

I don't mind Daniel nearly as much when he's away from Jenn. Of course, he's got the whole SAVIOR OF SALEM thing going on all the time - and that ridiculous necklace. But when he's with that hypocritical smug dimwitted judgemental (can you tell I don't like Jenn?) he comes off just as bad. Why would ANY guy wnat to be with someone who judges him and condemns him, and in a pretty ugly way - when she thought he'd slept with someone AFTER SHE DUMPED HIM. Jenn can turn into a really ugly witch on a dime. And when they're together, she's STILL dissing him and being passive-aggressive about his friends. Horrid woman - and her daughter is just like her.

Plus, when those two get physical it feels like he's making out with his mother. Not because of what she looks like, but because she acts like it. Not that Maggie is EVER that bad.

• Love 3

Wow. Isn't Caroline Brady EVERYTHING good about this show? Oh, I don't mean only her, but what an absolute treat it is when we get to see the vets in action, and what a stellar day when we get not only Caroline, but Victor and Maggie as well.

Not only is Caroline a treasure of a character, but what a gem Peggy McKay is. Characters like these are what got me watching soaps and what has kept me watching. Oh, the storylines are fun, and fun to poke fun at sometimes, but it's the humanity that characters like Caroline - and so many others - bring to the shows that keep them a must see for me.

As much fun as I poke at Days, this show is IMO the last man standing that realizes people like to see multigenerational families, grandparents, parents, children, etc., interacting and being a vital part of the show.

Caroline sure showed that today.

• Love 1

That scene was so good--I was so glad I caught the show today! I actually rewound and watched it again. It was really well-done. It doesn't hurt that she reminds me so much of my own grandma, who also watches the show and I know loved that too. And most of the actors' tears looked real. Honestly, if there are still Days viewers out there who are homophobic, I feel like that scene could go a long way toward changing minds and hearts. Or maybe I'm just too optimistic?

And I totally agree that Days is doing a better job of using its history and families than other shows--it's one of the reasons I got back into it (still casually). Because my mom watched since I was born, and I've kept up with it on and off my whole life. So I love seeing the older generations interact with the younger, and seeing how the sins of the fathers are visited on the sons, etc. It makes for much more interesting story-telling.

• Love 1

Here in Boston, most of Wednesday and all of yesterday's show was pre-empted by coverage of the funerals of the two firefighters who died last week. In view of their sacrifice, only a very small part of me (like, 2%) was whining about missing the WilSon wedding. 

So we are really being subjected to an argument over a fucking checkbook. Are you kidding me with this shit? If you have to work this hard to have conflict with a couple, LET IT DIE.  And stop torturing the audience.

• Love 2

So we are really being subjected to an argument over a fucking checkbook. Are you kidding me with this shit? If you have to work this hard to have conflict with a couple, LET IT DIE.  And stop torturing the audience.

Those two are the worst. Just the worst. Saint Jenn loses her cool at the drop of a hat with just about everybody, and she goes off on Daniel about something virtually every day. That's when she's taking a break from yelling at someone else, of course. The woman is NUTS, not the saint the Hortons claim she is. Was she this big a bitch with Jack?

Slip that checkbook of hers somewhere the sun don't shine.

• Love 2

Sami needs to find out the truth about everything, and get the hell out of the Dimera Mansion.

Nicole is still pathetic.

If Gabi wants Nick so badly, they should just let her have him.  Then when there are problems, everyone should tell Gabi to leave them out of it.  Kate and Sami would be better off if they had left Gabi to deal with Nick's body on her own back in December.

• Love 1

Wilson and Co should do what they can to keep Ari safe and let Gabi fend for herself if she's going to act like this.

Theresa should realize she doesn't have to get Brady high to manipulate him.

Nicole should really work on not insulting the family members of the guy she's currently involved with.

If EJ wanted to keep his secrets safe he would kill Stefano and Abby.

• Love 2

I want Sami and Kate to kill EJ and Stefano.  That is what a good exit SL for Sami would be.

If James Scott weren't so pretty, I'd say this would be a fabulous Thelma & Louise send off for Sami.  I do enjoy when Sami + Kate conspire.

• Love 1

There are so many boring characters on this show that need to die or just disappear, but they continue to get screentime. 

Why can't Kate, Sami, and Lucas be scheming with each other to take down Stefano/EJ and Gabi/Nick (not that Gabi/Nick should be an actual problem for Kate/Sami, but the writers insist on making them so)?  That would actually be interesting. 

• Love 1

I wonder if Aiden is responsible for his wife's death.  It hasn't been stressed, but it looks like he doesn't drink.  And he hates people who drink and drive.

Some fun stuff today - EJ telling Kate not to talk about pimps, considering her background, and Hope repeatedly dumping sugar into her coffee.

• Love 1

Boy, they really are foreshadowing the Lumi reunion. Not that I mind, I actually enjoy both Lumi and Ejami - they have different qualities and sometimes are the only times I get an intentional laugh out of the show. Although I did laugh at Stefano's "banging Abigail Deveraux" crack.

Can we please just get Jordan's secret out - I think it has been stretched out longer than the average pregnancy on this show.

• Love 1

Boy, they really are foreshadowing the Lumi reunion. Not that I mind, I actually enjoy both Lumi and Ejami - they have different qualities and sometimes are the only times I get an intentional laugh out of the show. Although I did laugh at Stefano's "banging Abigail Deveraux" crack.

Can we please just get Jordan's secret out - I think it has been stretched out longer than the average pregnancy on this show.

Do we know what Jordan's secret is already?  Also, she might be the only character who ever got less attractive when she takes off her glasses.  I don't know what it is...

• Love 1

Do we know what Jordan's secret is already?  Also, she might be the only character who ever got less attractive when she takes off her glasses.  I don't know what it is...

I do! That's when we get closeups of her and Rafe. And he is definitely a sleep aid.

But I so agree, let's get on with it. I love Days but the way things get dragged out, conversations repeated and repeated can feel deadly. Dragging things out too long can sometimes make the payoff a bit underwhelming.

And in that vein, how bout Fish Lips Fallon getting at least a LITTLE pushback?? He's messing with both the DiMera and the Kiriakis family - he should be in cement shoes by now, size 14 by the looks of it.

So spineless Will still doesn't want to get a custody agreement in place?  How many people now have suggested Will should do this?

Please Liam just kill Daniel and Jennifer already.

Bye Sheryl.  How many times has Lucas disowned Kate?

Lucas is back to being single.  I guess that means Sami should find out the truth about EJ any day now.

• Love 1

Jen is so insufferable. Just shut the fuck up. Can she not act like a normal person for five minutes?

From your lips to God's ears. I swear that her insufferable smugness and constant berating of whoever is closest makes me think she's a long lost sister of Krystal Carey from Pine Valley. Both of them suffer under the delusion that they're just cute as a button instead of resembling a rabid potato bug with delusion of grandeur.

But according to the extended Horton clan, she's JUST THE BEST dontcha know. Hope says it all the time - but going by how much sugar she put in her coffee yesterday I'd say she's just on a sugar rush.

Amazing how much Abigail resembles Jenn, isn't it? Just like Kwak and Babe in Pine Valley...shudder...

• Love 2

So at what point did the writers decide to have Jenn turn completely into the Gladys Kravitz of Salem? I swear I expected her to start calling Daniel by the name of Abner and accuse Samantha of being a witch when she was nattering and nagging on at JJ and his girlfriend in the Square. Then she invites them all home for some cake like some character from a Grimm's story. And get a load of the bun she was wearing. I suspect that when she and Abigail have their hair in that bun, they're getting ready to hatch all the poison spider eggs they incubate.

It's wierd watching Daniel kiss her, too. I don't like Daniel, but at least he's just a stupid lug. Jenn, on the other hand, comes off as his great aunt, and a mean, gossipy one too.

I do not mind JJ and his girlfriend, which is a first for me liking a teen storyline of any kind from the days of Phil and Tara and Chuck and Erica on AMC back before the flood. I don't like them THAT much, but I do think both actors have some talent and some charm. And any girl that could meet Jenn and not run screaming from her son has more courage than I thought.

• Love 1

Shut the hell up Maggie.

Chase almost getting robbed didn't feel contrived at all. Nope.

I'm not sure what was going on with Jen today. It almost seemed like she was implying there was a proper mourning period for Jack before she restarted her childish worthless bullshit with Dan. That can't be right.

If Liam wants to get Dan out of the way can't he just shoot him or something?

• Love 2

If Liam would just kill both Dan and Jen, he would be my new best friend.

If Abby gets killed in the crossfire, he'll be my hero.

Now THAT would be Must See TV!

I don't think I'd ever stop smiling.

• Love 3

Shut the hell up Maggie.

Chase almost getting robbed didn't feel contrived at all. Nope.

I'm not sure what was going on with Jen today. It almost seemed like she was implying there was a proper mourning period for Jack before she restarted her childish worthless bullshit with Dan. That can't be right.

Wasn't it great hearing Hope use her COP VOICE to take down the bad guy? Chase looked like he could barely stay awake.

Jenn is like some rabid parrot, isn't she? She just blabs and blathers on, like an infinite number of monkeys eventually typing out Hamlet, I guess she thinks that if she lets the words flow eventually she'll make some sense. So far it hasn't worked.

Oh yeah, she sure had a mourning period for Jack alright. Too bad it ended before the elevator hit the basement. She was putting on lipstick for her next Dr. Dirt Date before they got Jack's body out of the elevator shaft.

I in NO way mean to be sympathetic to Brady, who really should be dating Gabi if he wants to be with someone on his own level, but ferchrssakes, as LeftPhalange says, Maggie, SHUT UP. That constant nattering is enough to drive me to drink, much less the Brady lunkhead. Victor must have had earplugs surgically implanted since he married her.

Edited by boes
  • Love 1

Shut the hell up Julie. Since you're so obsessed over your precious Nick how about you catch a clue and realize he needs some help before he murders someone again and you have to badger Will or Sonny about helping him get released from prison.

• Love 1

Shut the hell up Julie. Since you're so obsessed over your precious Nick how about you catch a clue and realize he needs some help before he murders someone again and you have to badger Will or Sonny about helping him get released from prison.

Can anyone BE as ANNOYING as Julie?? Even Gabi, dumb as she is, isn't as irritating as Julie. Why can't someone throw HER in the river?

• Love 1

I wish Kate and Sami were the ones with the photos of EJ cheating, and they had some long range plan for torturing Stefano and EJ, making their lives a living hell for the next several months, and getting control of CW to merge it with Mad World.

• Love 1

Will should tell Gabi she can hang out with Nick all she wants as long as she doesn't allow him near Ari. She would eventually abandoned her daughter just to get some penis and none of them would have to deal with her anymore.

• Love 1

Will should tell Gabi she can hang out with Nick all she wants as long as she doesn't allow him near Ari. She would eventually abandoned her daughter just to get some penis and none of them would have to deal with her anymore.

Amazing woman, isn't she? And why would someone who acts like such a dick want even more?

Frankly, Fish Lips Fallon is about as offputting a human being as....as.....hell, I have to go to another soap to find someone less appealing....let's just say he would make a PERFECT Newman. Or Lavery, Pine Valley Brand.

• Love 1