Type keyword(s) to search

Current Plots Discussion: Actually Today's Episode

Message added by scarynikki12

Spoilers are not allowed in this thread. Period. Any posts that include spoilers (and casting information qualifies) will be removed. There are several other threads that allow spoilers so take that discussion to one of them.

• Start Topic

Brady, all this will come back to bite you. But then you can blame it on the cursed amulet.

Your thing with Nicole was a nice fantasy. Burned by Theresa, who really wasn't burning you at all, you repeat the lesson. And will continue to do so. You are the common denominator in your failed love relationships. Does Nicole deserve your behaviour? Maybe yes, maybe no.  Stay on the dark side for a bit. It might make you more interesting. And lay off some of the alcohol. You cannot force someone to love you or to be with you. You can try going to a 'fortuneteller' and see if you can place a curse, but that doesn't really work - except for the amulet as a self-fulfilling prophecy. Blackmailing Nicole is not going to work. You are not married to her, you are not engaged. She can easily walk out and choose someone else - even if it is not you or Eric. And she really doesn't know that she indeed did kill Deimos.

Ah, the return of Sami.

• Love 8

My thoughts on this week’s episodes:

1) The show is doing a poor jobs with creating the next generation of viable villains.  Brady as a villain would work. I think in the hands of a stronger actor, Sonny as a villain could work because it seems like his character has done quite a few bad things, but FS, just can’t sell it.  The actor who who plays Paul might work as a villain because he is so bland and forgettable the way he is written now.  The semi-frantic desperation I’m starting to see from him could lead to interesting places if the show is smart enough to let the story go there.  I saw an episode of Hawaii Five-O I think and the actor who plays Paul was on there and actually impressive, so I think he could definitely rock the heal turn.

2) Bryan D. continues to shine as Lucas.  I’m looking forward to the show transitioning him from drunk Lucas whole continuing to fully utilize the character.

3) Why is that horrible Adrienne/Bonnie story still going on?

4) I love Eric and Nicole, but it is so clear the show isn’t going to vomit and make them a real and full-fledge couple so it’s impossible for me to invest in their scenes.

5) DH continues to remind me why Marlena has always been one of my favorites.  The show is really using her smartly as of late and I hope they keep it up.  

6) Why is Chloe still on the show? Unless I’m missing something, aside from being a busy-body, she is serving no real purpose.  Is the show trying to position her to be the new bad-girl of the show.

7) The character of Lani still does not work.  Don’t know whether it’s the actress, the lackluster way she was introduced (of course she is Abe’s daughter, I mean she’s black right.  I’m just Waiting for the inevitable pairing with Eli ...because...) Forty years of viewing and Days has made little progress in its treatment of black characters.

8) Trump came on to talk about something and ruined the late fifteen minutes of Friday’s show, so I have no idea what the cliffhanger was.

Edited by Happytobehere
  • Love 5
11 hours ago, TigerLynx said:

I prefer scheming lying Nicole over "woe is me - sob sob" Nicole any day of the week.  I don't feel sorry for Nicole, but she was a hell of a lot more entertaining to watch when she was screwing people over.  I also don't have a problem with Nicole's past behavior coming back to bite her in the ass.  It should.  That's one of the things that used to make soaps fun to watch.  Unfortunately, there are way to many characters who get a free pass for their behavior because they've been designated the "good" characters even though they aren't.

I love your post. It is why I cannot stand Hope.   Abigail never paid for her mistakes.  

35 minutes ago, Happytobehere said:

8) Trump came on to talk about something and ruined the late fifteen minutes of Friday’s show, so I have no idea what the cliffhanger was.

Hurricane Sami came back to town as John and his retcon son were going to desecrate her son's grave. She did not look  happy..

Edited by Apprentice79
  • Love 7

Hello Sami Brady! 10 seconds on screen and I was so happy. Ha.

I usually like Nicole but I have no sympathy for her right now. Brady’s an ass no doubt but how did she expect him to react? She can’t be surprised. And who is this weepy mess in place of Nicole Walker anyway? I just cannot take the crying at every turn when everything happens. Not going to lie I’m a little bitter about Eric because I though he and Jennifer were starting something nice but oh well. 

I’m glad they showed Will’s grandparents talking about him. I’m ready for this to move along already. I’m inpatient. 

• Love 6
21 hours ago, Rowan said:

I get that. I do. And in all fairness, there is an element of reaping what one sows going on here, but cheating and then owning up to the mistake is not some horrible crime. I'll say again I've not seen today's episode, but the gist is that he's going to blackmail her with going to prison and losing her child because she doesn't want to be with him? I think that's ridiculously overboard. It's petty and and kind of vile. 

Agreed. Considering how this show often prefers characters to cheat and then keep it a secret for 6 months and really draw the whole thing out, I think it was remarkably mature of Nicole to go straight to Brady. My problem here is more with the performance. I don't believe Zucker when she says Eric is the love of her life. I've been waiting months for that one line of dialogue about how her rage against Eric was really love in disguise, but when she said it, it was like a throwaway. She's not doing terrible work by any means, but I just didn't see enough of an epiphany from Nicole this past week to buy into the depths of her feelings for Eric and her willingness to walk away from Brady all of a sudden. I think she really had to look and sound like she had just woken up from a long coma. Part of it could have even been her standing up for herself and snapping back against Brady who has been very controlling and creepy for weeks now. I think if Nicole hadn't acted like a dog with her tail between her legs it would have made this a little bit more enjoyable. I don't think of her as a doormat and I hate how her sobbing seems to empower Brady. Now that I've watched Wednesday's episode, I can see what you guys mean about him looking like he was about to hit her. Definitely didn't like that.

I loved the scenes in the pub with Kate, John, Marlena and Roman. I'm always hot and cold on Deidre because she was great on Wednesday but then not so great at other times. it was just nice having these four characters in a room together. So much of the show has revolved around them they really do feel like the two power couples (RIP Bope).

I feel badly for those of you who are big Steve and Kayla fans. I think it was really smart of Ron to backburner them after what Tripp did because it just left such a bad taste in everyone's mouth. I hope the characters can move beyond it because I really like Mary Beth Evans and want to see her used in more storylines that have nothing to do with Ava or Steve or their spawn.

Interesting that JJ and Bonnie are now being woven into the Deimos murder storyline. I'm not especially invested in it, but it will be interesting to see how Ron chooses to wrap it up. Will the whole thing get pinned on Bonnie? Will Nicole go to prison? Will JJ manage to uncover anything?

Now that Sami is back in town and Bonnie has finally made her threats, I'm curious to see where things go in the next two weeks.

• Love 3

Hasn't Nicole been punished enough with that terrible haircut. She lost a fight with a Flowbee off camera, I guess.

Any scenes with "Commissioner" Hope just annoy me to no end. "Public confidence in the force is at an all time low because of Raines". Uh huh. Sure Hope. "I have to be extra hard on you JJ. So here is a high profile murder case for you to work on."

• Love 7
2 hours ago, DisneyBoy said:

Agreed. Considering how this show often prefers characters to cheat and then keep it a secret for 6 months and really draw the whole thing out, I think it was remarkably mature of Nicole to go straight to Brady. My problem here is more with the performance. I don't believe Zucker when she says Eric is the love of her life. I've been waiting months for that one line of dialogue about how her rage against Eric was really love in disguise, but when she said it, it was like a throwaway. She's not doing terrible work by any means, but I just didn't see enough of an epiphany from Nicole this past week to buy into the depths of her feelings for Eric and her willingness to walk away from Brady all of a sudden. I think she really had to look and sound like she had just woken up from a long coma. Part of it could have even been her standing up for herself and snapping back against Brady who has been very controlling and creepy for weeks now. I think if Nicole hadn't acted like a dog with her tail between her legs it would have made this a little bit more enjoyable. I don't think of her as a doormat and I hate how her sobbing seems to empower Brady. Now that I've watched Wednesday's episode, I can see what you guys mean about him looking like he was about to hit her. Definitely didn't like that.

AZ really has come across as not being terribly invested in any of her romances since the tan man. I wonder if maybe she had quite an attachment to it. However, I also wonder if some days she looked at her scripts like, "Oh, ok, so I love this dude this month. Good to know." Still, her autopilot is better than a lot of the other stuff the show has going on for me, anyway. 

I loved the line about how choosing money over a life with Eric was the greatest mistake of her life. So, I'll tuck that away and pretend it's the definitive statement about who she really is. Because to me her choice was informed by the sexual abuse in her past. It's actually quite tragic if things don't work out for them in the end. 

• Love 8
59 minutes ago, Rowan said:

AZ really has come across as not being terribly invested in any of her romances since the tan man. I wonder if maybe she had quite an attachment to it. However, I also wonder if some days she looked at her scripts like, "Oh, ok, so I love this dude this month. Good to know." Still, her autopilot is better than a lot of the other stuff the show has going on for me, anyway. 

I loved the line about how choosing money over a life with Eric was the greatest mistake of her life. So, I'll tuck that away and pretend it's the definitive statement about who she really is. Because to me her choice was informed by the sexual abuse in her past. It's actually quite tragic if things don't work out for them in the end. 

I was pleasantly surprised when they had Nicole mention choosing Lucas over Eric twenty years ago.  That really was a defining point in their relationship, even though there were other opportunities for them to get together after that.  Even when Eric cheated on Greta with Nicole, it seemed like he hated the person he was when with her and his only choice was to leave town.

• Love 7
14 minutes ago, DisneyBoy said:

I really liked the touch of Marlena saying it was Eric and Sami's birthdays. Sherri's work, no doubt.

Were they really born in October?

From Wikipedia:

"The character (Sami) was born on-screen during the episode dated October 16, 1984"

• Love 5
1 hour ago, DisneyBoy said:

I really liked the touch of Marlena saying it was Eric and Sami's birthdays. Sherri's work, no doubt.

Were they really born in October?

Of course! She created them and most of the legacy children that we have on the show.. The Brady family was her creation. It is not surprising that all of the 4 Brady siblings were part of supercouples. 

Edited by Apprentice79
  • Love 4

I knew AS was coming back, but didn't know when, so Friday's ending was a surprise.  Paul, well the actor, is finally getting a chance to show his acting skills. His desperation was really showing while talking to John, and I didn't notice his "sparkle" smile in any of the scenes.

I know Brady is being a jerk, but as I mentioned the other day, I still like the character. And poor guy has been through a lot in the last little bit. 

As I was typing the above, I thought of how much time Deimos was onscreen, taking time away from the other characters, and it made me realize that Ron putting the "old" characters centre stage instead of immediately creating "newbies" was such a smart decision.  The show really has the feel of "yester-Days", with all the family interactions.  

• Love 5
14 hours ago, rustyspigot said:

Hasn't Nicole been punished enough with that terrible haircut.

11 hours ago, Silver Raven said:

It was really awful, wasn't it?

It is, but it's still better than any other haircut she's had in quite awhile. Which is sad lol.

• Love 5
1 hour ago, peachmangosteen said:

It is, but it's still better than any other haircut she's had in quite awhile. Which is sad lol.

I think her best look was the short cropped hair she had right before Sami left the show.  It was so flattering on her. I remember her goodbye scene with Allison Sweeney.  She had on that amazing blue dress, black leather jacket and short cropped hair.  I remember thinking when she walked into the Dimera mansion.  Now that is "Nicole the former model".  Fitting that she looked that way considering Sami was the one who discovered her when they were young.

• Love 6

Sami looked so angry when she confronted John.  I love that Alison can still make expressions.  She hasn't had a million face lifts that froze her face, or had so much botox she looks like a puffy botched science experiment.  I hope most of Sami's scenes are with Kate and Lucas.  Bonus points if she tells Brady and Eric, "You are both involved with Nicole, she cheated on one of you with the other, she killed a guy and you helped her get rid of the body, and you brain dead idiots are surprised by any of this exactly why?"

• Love 9
9 minutes ago, TigerLynx said:

Sami looked so angry when she confronted John.  I love that Alison can still make expressions.  She hasn't had a million face lifts that froze her face, or had so much botox she looks like a puffy botched science experiment.  I hope most of Sami's scenes are with Kate and Lucas.  Bonus points if she tells Brady and Eric, "You are both involved with Nicole, she cheated on one of you with the other, she killed a guy and you helped her get rid of the body, and you brain dead idiots are surprised by any of this exactly why?"

I would love to see Sami in the role of rational "big sister" to her idiot brothers.

• Love 3
17 minutes ago, JBC344 said:

I would love to see Sami in the role of rational "big sister" to her idiot brothers.

It would be a bonus if Carrie and Belle teamed up with her to get their brothers from going too far.   The fallout with what Brady is doing to Eric/Nicole will be ugly.  

• Love 2

Brady has also been handsome but wow his anger just turned him so ugly on the outside.  It was kind of amazing.  When he looked in the camera I shivered.  

Who did Nicole kill ?   I love Sami but she is no angel. 

17 minutes ago, tribeca said:

Brady has also been handsome but wow his anger just turned him so ugly on the outside.  It was kind of amazing.  When he looked in the camera I shivered.  

She killed Demos. 

• Love 2
15 minutes ago, tribeca said:

She killed Deimos. 

As for Sami, Nicole is the last person that she would want involved with either of her brothers. Once Nicole sold herself to become Lucas' wife, Sami knew exactly what kind of person Nicole was and thought Eric deserved better. The fact that Nicole went after Sami's other brother, slept with her father (which she never found out about), went after EJ and stole her daughter are enough reasons to tell both Eric and Brady that Nicole is not worth it. At all.

• Love 7

Sami is no angel, but both of Sami's boneheaded brothers are very well aware of what Nicole has done in the past, but they still chose to get involved with Nicole again.  It's the same reaction I have to Rafe or Lucas lecturing Sami about her misdeeds or Lucas being surprised by something Kate does.  Twenty or thirty years of seeing what Sami, Nicole and Kate are capable of, and these morons still get angry, disappointed, or hypocritically judgmental.  Even though in the past, they have gone along with or help to cover up some scheme of Sami, Nicole or Kate's.

• Love 7

AZ really has come across as not being terribly invested in any of her romances since the tan man. I wonder if maybe she had quite an attachment to it.

It wasn't well written at all so it sucks it's the one she was most invented in. I don't like when off-camera events creep into the show like that. Who AZ dates shouldn't change anything about Nicole or her life.

• Love 1
On 10/14/2017 at 10:52 PM, Rowan said:

AZ really has come across as not being terribly invested in any of her romances since the tan man. I wonder if maybe she had quite an attachment to it.

I think the fact that Shawn Christian, the actor portraying Daniel, is her real-life love and got fired, played a huge part in how she acted in the romances that followed the death of the "tan man". Ironically, since they are a couple in real life, I found Daniel/Nicole was the pairing with the least on screen chemistry.  

• Love 7
On 10/14/2017 at 7:37 PM, rustyspigot said:

"Public confidence in the force is at an all time low because of Raines". Uh huh. Sure Hope. "I have to be extra hard on you JJ. So here is a high profile murder case for you to work on."

There's just nothing like Salem logic, is there?

22 hours ago, TigerLynx said:

Bonus points if she tells Brady and Eric, "You are both involved with Nicole, she cheated on one of you with the other, she killed a guy and you helped her get rid of the body, and you brain dead idiots are surprised by any of this exactly why?"

I would love this!

Edited by Sandman
Misattribution.
  • Love 4
On 10/14/2017 at 8:45 AM, Happytobehere said:

6) Why is Chloe still on the show? Unless I’m missing something, aside from being a busy-body, she is serving no real purpose.  Is the show trying to position her to be the new bad-girl of the show.

Does possible conflict with Julie over the club count as a purpose? I mean, it's not like I think Julie needs to be on the show ever, but ...

• Love 1
1 minute ago, Sandman said:

Does possible conflict with Julie over the club count as a purpose? I mean, it's not like I think Julie needs to be on the show ever, but ...

Chloe could reconnect with Brady. Her little sister  Joy needs to come back and they can test her with the young guys on the show.  She is a legacy child, not connected, to the core families on the show.. 

• Love 3
53 minutes ago, Apprentice79 said:

Chloe could reconnect with Brady. Her little sister  Joy needs to come back and they can test her with the young guys on the show.  She is a legacy child, not connected, to the core families on the show.. 

Amen.  My hope is that Ron could finally give Chloe that writing that she deserves.  Writing that she hasn't had since she was a teen on the show.  I have to give it up to Nadia no matter how absurd, ridiculous, or ever changing TPTB have done to her character over the last fifteen years.  Nadia has been a total "company employee", good sport and big champion for Days even when she wasn't on the show.  I think both Nadia and Chloe deserve both a long tenure and some good writing.

I've been saying for years now that I wouldn't mind a Chloe/Brady 2.0 storyline.  Both characters are so different then when they were originally married I think it could be an interesting take.  Young, idealistic couple have this fairytale romance, get married and move away to happily ever after.  Work, married young, and addiction force them to divorce amicably and stay friends throughout the years.  I can see Brady and Chloe coming together again as mature full fledged adults, who have lived, experienced loss, and are single parents trying a second chance at love.

I could also see Chloe and Lucas together again. 

• Love 3
40 minutes ago, JBC344 said:

Amen.  My hope is that Ron could finally give Chloe that writing that she deserves.  Writing that she hasn't had since she was a teen on the show.  I have to give it up to Nadia no matter how absurd, ridiculous, or ever changing TPTB have done to her character over the last fifteen years.  Nadia has been a total "company employee", good sport and big champion for Days even when she wasn't on the show.  I think both Nadia and Chloe deserve both a long tenure and some good writing.

I've been saying for years now that I wouldn't mind a Chloe/Brady 2.0 storyline.  Both characters are so different then when they were originally married I think it could be an interesting take.  Young, idealistic couple have this fairytale romance, get married and move away to happily ever after.  Work, married young, and addiction force them to divorce amicably and stay friends throughout the years.  I can see Brady and Chloe coming together again as mature full fledged adults, who have lived, experienced loss, and are single parents trying a second chance at love.

I like Chloe but I kinda want her to be a bit of a hot mess when it comes to romance.  I'd like her to focus on the club, getting her identity in Salem established and THEN have a few romantic pairings. Abigail is w/ Chad.  Poor Gabi has been run through the ringer a few times.  Jen remains a nun-in-training.  Claire is not my jam but good for younger audiences.  Lani is a good romantic interest but she's never going to do anything dramatically questionable because she's police (unless she pulls a JJ and starts pointing her gun at cuffed prisoners).   

And last weeks Ericole fest?  I don't CARE if it's fan servicing.  I was happy with it.  Of course it's not going to last.  Brady looked like Anakin Skywalker going darkside.  This can only end in tears.

• Love 3
1 minute ago, JBC344 said:

I would want Brady and Chloe to reconnect and then for Philip to come back. 

Lucas needs a good pairing outside of Lumi.  Chloe is not it, she threw him under the bus for the Tan man.  Bryan who plays Lucas is a company man as well. I remember him saying that Christie who used to play Carrie used to tease him about never leaving the show, that he would be an old man and would still play Lucas. 

• Love 4
1 hour ago, Apprentice79 said:

... Bryan who plays Lucas is a company man as well. I remember him saying that Christie who used to play Carrie used to tease him about never leaving the show, that he would be an old man and would still play Lucas. 

I bet he gets paid well enough to live a very nice life, and has a job that he loves.  He probably can make his own schedule and do his own thing while being financially secure.  Wouldn't that be nice for us all?  I don't blame him if he never wants to leave; he shouldn't be teased for that.  

• Love 11

Chloe and Eli look so good together. I doubt that the show would ever go there.  They look so pretty together.  Eli is a beautiful man.  I don't want him with Gabi.  Ari is too young to have concrete memories of Will, at the time of his death.   Had she been 10 years old, when he died,  I could understand Gabi's concern.

Welcome home Sami. I can't believe that I am happy to see her.  I loved how she was angry with John, but, she did not attack him.  She voiced her disapproval without histrionics. She is all about protecting her baby, period.  I wish that she was nastier to Paul.  I wanted her to treat him like a piece of gum under her stiletto.  

Shut up Rafe.  He is the worst of the worst.  His attitude towards Eli pissed me off.  Why is he still on this show. He serves no purpose.  Just like Paul, he is irrelevant and worthless.

Brady's hatred of Eric is chilling.  He wants Eric to suffer, he ordered Nicole to break his heart with glee in his eyes.  Wow, he was just like Victor today with the threats and the intimidation. The actor is really good and Brady shines better as a darker character. Even though he was cruel to Nicole, he was right about the things that he said. Yet, Brady always thinks with his little head and never with the big one. So, it is all on him. You don't judge people on how they treat you, but, on how they treat other people.  He knows that Nicole is all about Nicole,  She has played games with people's lives for years in Salem. Why did he think that he would be different, this time.  My heart goes out to Eric. He is not innocent either, but, he has always tried to do the right thing. 

Lumi together at their boy's grave should be good tomorrow. 

• Love 5

I know I'm really enjoying watching Nicole cry her little raccoon eyes out over Brady's being so horrible to her.  Brady is right--Nicole is a destructive person who hurts anyone and anything in her way to what she thinks is her happiness.  And Eric is by no means a saint in this, so I'm good with Brady wanting revenge and I hope this leads to an epic showdown because both actors could really bring it.

I'm also rather thrilled to see Sami back on my screen and I especially loved her attitude towards Paul--she did not look impressed by his declaration of love.

Rafe is a jackass and the sooner Hope gets rid of his ass the better off she'll be--the woman is running the department, if she says Eli's your new partner, Eli's your new partner.

• Love 9
21 minutes ago, FnkyChkn34 said:

I bet he gets paid well enough to live a very nice life, and has a job that he loves.  He probably can make his own schedule and do his own thing while being financially secure.  Wouldn't that be nice for us all?  I don't blame him if he never wants to leave; he shouldn't be teased for that.  

I don't think that she was disrespecting him. Friends tease each other good-naturedly.  Plus, Christie herself has been with the show on and off for over 30 years. 

• Love 6
8 hours ago, Apprentice79 said:

Chloe could reconnect with Brady. Her little sister Joy needs to come back and they can test her with the young guys on the show.  She is a legacy child, not connected, to the core families on the show.. 

7 hours ago, JBC344 said:

Agreed with both of these.  I've been jonesing for the show to bring on an aged Joy for years.  I could see her with a number of young guys on the canvas.  If they weren't moving Claire toward Tripp, I could see Joy being paired with him.  I could see her with J.J. (if only because Ron's clearly invested in Gabi being with Eli rather than getting back together with him, and he and Lani have lukewarm chemistry, at best).  And if they ever recast Joey with a guy who actually act, I could see her with him.  The possibilities are all there.

I wouldn't mind Brady and Chloe reuniting, either, as I'd like to see if Nadia could have just as good chemistry with Eric as she had with Kyle Lowder.  I don't know if I could get behind her and Lucas, though, because I still hold out hope that Anne will be paired with him.

Edited by Star Aristille
  • Love 4

"This isn't you." Bullshit.  Being an asshole is very much Brady.

"This is what you made me."  Bullshit.  Being an asshole is very much Brady.

I wonder why, in all of this Brady/Nicole kerfuffle they don't mention Brady having Saint Daniel's heart.

Yay, Sami comes back and immediately causes havoc.  Love her.

I knew Eli and Rafe would wind up as partners.

"I'm so glad we're close again.  Too bad I'm leaving town and we'll never see each other again, and you'll never see Holly again."

I'm hoping Sami can shake some sense into Lucas.

• Love 8
34 minutes ago, Star Aristille said:

I wouldn't mind Brady and Chloe reuniting, either, as I'd like to see if Nadia could have just as good chemistry with Eric as she had with Kyle Lowder.  I don't know if I could get behind her and Lucas, though, because I still hold out hope that Anne will be paired with him.

When Eric came in as Brady. The show had Brady and Chloe interacting and they had great chemistry. The show did not pair them and even the actors were surprised that the show did not reunite them.

• Love 4
2 hours ago, Apprentice79 said:

The actor is really good and Brady shines better as a darker character.

I agree with this. I had been fast forwarding the Brady scenes because I don't really like EM in this role, but I enjoyed him today. He's better with this kind of material imo. I love a good villain so if they let him go dark for real I would be into it. 

• Love 4

I tuned in today after a long hiatus thanks to Sami/AS's return. And what do I see but Nicole sobbing her eyes out, clearly about to resume her World Apology Tour that she's been on most of this decade, while saddled with terrible hair. I feel sorry for AZ...the showrunners change, but nothing ever really changes for her.

• Love 4

Brady needs to take responsibility for himself and his own actions. He was originally an asshole and not much has changed, except for him having the 'amulet'.

Nicole has always been Nicole. Brady should be smart enough to see that. Him having St. Daniel's heart makes no difference now. Any old heart vibes have now been assimilated.

Nicole, go away to another town and contact Eric in a few months and he can quietly join you.

Rafe, get over your boring self.  Granted, you aren't going to like Eli as a partner, but he can't exactly be partners with the still inexperienced JJ.

Sami, if there can be a court order to exhume Will's remains, it is legal. You can only stop this temporarily. Nice to see you again.

• Love 5

I've been catching up a bit on last week, and I have to say I enjoyed Marlena's part of the scenes in the police station -- especially her interactions with Sonny touching on their common pain at losing Will, Marlena's sidelong "You want I should smack a bitch for you?" glance at Sonny when BOllie was mouthing off about "the gang's all here," and her waving off the guard when BOllie got all screechy, the "Oh, please" coming off her in waves. Yay -- put him in his place, Doc!

Also, Claire's answer about the wedding -- "Oh, typical Salem wedding, crashed by an escaped murderer," was just as blasé and self-aware as some here have wished the good people of fair Salem ought to be. It's the most I've ever liked Claire. I wouldn't mind if she indulged in occasional meta-commentary in this way.

Marci Miller's a sweet-looking girl, and she has truly lovely smile -- nice to see it in evidence at the wedding. It's almost enough to make me think that Abigail is the treasure everyone keeps insisting she is. Almost. I'm starting to think Chad and Abigail have pretty decent chemistry, though Billy Flynn really does seem to have charisma enough to give Chad a relationship worth rooting for with the nearest lamp or well-turned table leg.

• Love 6

The Victor/Bonnie/Maggie/Justin scenes were comedy gold. I laughed throughout it all. Bonnie is stupid though, if Justin was asleep, he is surely awake now.  He will find out the truth. Bonnie should have married Justin and find a way to steal some of his money and sneak the hell out of town.  I feel that this story did a disservice to Justin/Adrienne. Justin should have known that this is not Adrienne. He has a rich history with her, just like John has with Marlena. Despite their divorces, Justin and Adrienne have always been in each other's lives. They raised 4 sons together. 

I hate Paulson. So, their conflict meant nothing to me. The show has never bothered to give them any depth. Too little too late.  Christopher is trying as usual, but, Freddie is just so awful.

The Ericole scenes were really good.  

The Lumi scenes were divine. They still have it after all this time.  Lumi4ever...

Edited by Apprentice79
  • Love 8

Paul: I don't think that there's enough room in this bed for the three of us."

A very soapy line with just the right touch of double entendre to it.  I heart you, Ron.

53 minutes ago, Apprentice79 said:

I hate Paulson...

You hate Paulson?  This is the first I'm hearing of it. #wink

Edited by TeeVee329
  • Love 5

Lucas, if you think you're seeing things, maybe you should stop drinking.

As much as I love Arianne Zucker, I'll be glad when she goes because all of this wailing and gnashing of teeth is getting boring.

Interesting that they're using flashbacks of Will being dead with Chandler. Does anybody remember if the lines Sami and Lucas were saying were the lines they said when Guy Wilson was lying dead on the slab?

The Bonnie/Victor/Justin/Maggie scenes were hilarious.

"I think Adrienne is having a delayed reaction to the chemo."  If they can acknowledge that, why don't they acknowledge the surgery scars are missing?

I wonder if Maggie and Victor had a prenup.

I am upset that Victor is allowing Bonnie to run roughshod over him.  This is not the Victor we know and love.

Yay, Sami is taking on Lucas as a project.  #Lumi forever.

• Love 5
3 hours ago, TeeVee329 said:

Paul: I don't think that there's enough room in this bed for the three of us."

A very soapy line with just the right touch of double entendre to it.  I heart you, Ron.

This. 

Ugh, I loved the Sami/Lucas scenes. I am so ready for this!

I didn't find the Sonny/Paul scenes as boring as I normally do. FS was slightly better today imo. I sorta kinda hate Sonny though so part of me wants Will and Sonny to not happen again. But FS and CM used to be so good together and if they can be like that again I'll probably be into it even though I hate Sonny now.

The Adreinne/Justin/Maggie/Vitcor scenes were fun, even though I find it so stupid that none of them realize this isn't Adrienne.

I skipped the Nicole/Eric scenes, except the last few with Eric screaming 'Nicole,' which I found hilarious.

Edited by peachmangosteen
  • Love 3

Rafe had more chemistry in his brief scene with Sami then he has ever had with Hope.  Absolutely loved that Sami called the police    John and Paul had shovels and a wheelbarrow   Where were they going with the body ?   Did they really believe no one would see them  

I loved and cried with Lumi.  That was so heartbreaking.  Liked that Sami was the one person who stopped lecturing Lucas and instead said we will figure out. 

Forget to mention Eric and Nicole.   Poor Eric just doesn’t get to happy long.  I love Eric and feel so sad for him.  He was so excited for a minute about his future.  Even making play dates for holly.  

@pau I didn’t even think of them being a couple.  Just found it interesting.  

Edited by tribeca
  • Love 5
4 minutes ago, tribeca said:

Rafe had more chemistry in his brief scene with Sami then he has ever had with Hope.  Absolutely loved that Sami called the police    John and Paul had shovels and a wheelbarrow   Where were they going with the body ?   Did they really believe no one would see them  

I loved and cried with Lumi.  That was so heartbreaking.  Liked that Sami was the one person who stopped lecturing Lucas and instead said we will figure out. 

Ugh leave Sami alone..she doesn't need to get tarnished AGAIN by dull and overbearing Rafe ! Hope can KEEP him for pete's sake.