Type keyword(s) to search

Current Plots Discussion: Actually Today's Episode

Message added by scarynikki12

Spoilers are not allowed in this thread. Period. Any posts that include spoilers (and casting information qualifies) will be removed. There are several other threads that allow spoilers so take that discussion to one of them.

• Start Topic

An Ericole kiss (and maybe more tomorrow) finally! But did they have to make Brady so paranoid and stupid while giving the Ericole fans what they want.

• Love 5
1 hour ago, Silver Raven said:

Clyde also got into a drug war with Victor over control of the apparently lucrative drug trade in Salem, and had Sonny stabbed in the back as a warning to Victor to stay out of it or he would start going after all of Victor's loved ones.  Victor knows that Clyde was responsible for Sonny almost dying, but this man who pledges his entire life for his family never did anything about it.  And Sonny to this day does not know who stabbed him.

Sonny found out about it, but, Dena did nothing with the reveal. It should have caused a rift between Victor and Sonny. 

• Love 3

Anything worth watching today?  Still spoiler-free (2 weeks!), so no idea what's airing this week. 

Speaking of spoiler-free, DisneyBoy why did I see your name on the spoiler forum? Did you fall off the wagon?

• Love 1
4 minutes ago, Harmony233 said:

Bens mother? Wasn’t it hinted that Clyde killed her?

He claimed that Jordan killed her in a car wreck, and that's why she never called him out for abusing her, and why she left town instead of exposing his criminality.

• Love 1
35 minutes ago, Silver Raven said:

Brady has always been paranoid and stupid.

Right, but being paranoid this time around is much worse. Stupid, immature, etc. that's Brady Black.

• Love 5

Oooh, Eric and Nicole with cheesy goodness, today. I unabashedly love moments like this. I know tomorrow he's probably going to go all noble after practically devouring her face, but at the least she's getting some smooching for her trouble. 

• Love 4

The Ericole scenes were okay, but, the actors were holding back. The dialogue was nice and it lacked something.  I feel that these scenes are too little too late. Ericole should have happened after they declared their love for each other, while locked in that furnace. They could have had an affair, while Nicole was with Daniel, resulting in Nicole getting pregnant by Eric. Instead of Brady losing his mind, it should have been Daniel who should have been the neck tie serial killer. A serial killer that has been killing patients for years. This could have been a very complex mystery.

Edited by Apprentice79
  • Love 6

I only watched the Steve and Kayla scenes, and I'm still baffled that the writers just don't seem to be interested in them.  If anyone half cared, the beat of Tripp not coming to the wedding could have made sense, but it didn't play out.  I wish they didn't always go for the same conflict between them, but instead just let Kayla be sad about everything.  Everything feels forced and they're still isolated from the major stories.

• Love 6
7 minutes ago, lska said:

I only watched the Steve and Kayla scenes, and I'm still baffled that the writers just don't seem to be interested in them.  If anyone half cared, the beat of Tripp not coming to the wedding could have made sense, but it didn't play out.  I wish they didn't always go for the same conflict between them, but instead just let Kayla be sad about everything.  Everything feels forced and they're still isolated from the major stories.

I actually didn't get what the fuck was Kayla's problem today.  She knows damn well she wouldn't have wanted Tripp at the wedding, so her demanding Steve not to ask Tripp to avoid her ever again made me roll my eyes.  Steve actually did the right thing by asking him not to go.

• Love 3
8 minutes ago, Star Aristille said:

I actually didn't get what the fuck was Kayla's problem today.  She knows damn well she wouldn't have wanted Tripp at the wedding, so her demanding Steve not to ask Tripp to avoid her ever again made me roll my eyes.  Steve actually did the right thing by asking him not to go.

I think her basic problem is that Tripp tried to kill her and destroy her life, and she feels like she can't stand in the way of Steve building a relationship with him.

The writers have done a really poor job of translating that into drama that makes sense from week to week, though.

• Love 6
24 minutes ago, Star Aristille said:

I agree.  Steve is often clueless, often managing, but if he'd asked Tripp to go to the wedding, I bet she'd have bitten his head off about that too.  This one time, anyway, Steve was blamed for nothing IMO.

That said, Tripp should stay away from Kayla until she says otherwise and he shouldn't have to be told.

• Love 6
1 minute ago, lska said:

I think her basic problem is that Tripp tried to kill her and destroy her life, and she feels like she can't stand in the way of Steve building a relationship with him.

Her basic problem, yes.  What I meant was that I don't get what her problem was with what he did in regards to him this particular time.  It was absolutely the right thing to keep the drama low on their niece's wedding day.

1 minute ago, boes said:

I agree.  Steve is often clueless, often managing, but if he'd asked Tripp to go to the wedding, I bet she'd have bitten his head off about that too.  This one time, anyway, Steve was blamed for nothing IMO.

I wonder if that's why Kayla calmed down the way she did toward the end of their scenes -- because she knew that Steve was damned if he did and damned if he didn't?  Makes sense if that were the reason.

• Love 3
1 minute ago, Star Aristille said:

Her basic problem, yes.  What I meant was that I don't get what her problem was with what he did in regards to him this particular time.  It was absolutely the right thing to keep the drama low on their niece's wedding day.

Kayla hasn't made drama out of seeing Tripp, though.  When he approached her at the hospital the day after he tried to kill her, and then when she saw him and Steve together at the pub, she didn't make a scene.

I think she may not want to be made into the bad guy who is keeping Tripp away from his "family," but I agree that the conflict didn't make much sense.  She thought Steve wasn't noticing how she was feeling, so I would have expected her to feel something positive, that he was trying to look out for her.  But instead she basically says, don't think of me at all, which is a rather depressing and small place to take such an epic romance.

• Love 5

Today was the conversation that Ericole needed to have long before now. At the end, when Eric said "Before I do something",  I was screaming at the TV "Do it. Do it!!!"

Under normal circumstances, I don't like cheating. Technically, Nicole hasn't broken up with Brady. So anything that may happen with Eric would be cheating. Considering Brady's controlling attitude, I wouldn't mind if Nicole did cheat. To be honest, if I was in a room with GV and he was saying those things to me and acting that way, I would have to remind myself that I was married. It's been a while since I've seen that kind of passion in a scene. Chabby..... Take notes! 

The Steve and Kayla scenes were confusing. Why was she mad at Steve for doing exactly what she wanted regarding Tripp? So now he has to ask her permission for everything? I guess if they run out of TP Steve should say, "Sweetness, we are out of TP. Do you mind if I go to the store and buy some?"

In all seriousness, Steve has done things that I'll never agree with. There were quite a few times that he has underestimated her and was way too overprotective, and would not consider her feelings. If this is the way that the writers are trying to correct that, I'm gonna have to disagree. This entire conversation did not make sense. I could see it if Steve had invited him to the wedding and didn't tell Kayla. He did the exact opposite! 

• Love 9
12 hours ago, Apprentice79 said:

Ericole should have happened after they declared their love for each other, while locked in that furnace. They could have had an affair, while Nicole was with Daniel, resulting in Nicole getting pregnant by Eric. Instead of Brady losing his mind, it should have been Daniel who should have been the neck tie serial killer. A serial killer that has been killing patients for years. This could have been a very complex mystery.

Remember that scene when Daniel was creepily looking down at Marlena after she'd been attacked and we wondered if he was the stranger. As much as I hated Daniel, that would have been a good exit storyline for him.

• Love 5
7 hours ago, lska said:

I think that's my issue with this conflict between Steve/Kayla. I'm just not invested in Tripp.

• Love 4
7 hours ago, lska said:

Kayla hasn't made drama out of seeing Tripp, though.  When he approached her at the hospital the day after he tried to kill her, and then when she saw him and Steve together at the pub, she didn't make a scene.

I think she may not want to be made into the bad guy who is keeping Tripp away from his "family," but I agree that the conflict didn't make much sense.  She thought Steve wasn't noticing how she was feeling, so I would have expected her to feel something positive, that he was trying to look out for her.  But instead she basically says, don't think of me at all, which is a rather depressing and small place to take such an epic romance.

In a weird way, I understood Kayla with her convoluted logic. Steve is always making decisions for her and it often comes with disastrous results.  I think of Jack as an example of that.  

Edited by Apprentice79
  • Love 4

We finally got the proclamations of love from Eric and Nicole and the sex scene. The dialogue was weak though.

The best dialogue and acting today was Kate and Lucas. Very well done by both LK and BD.

• Love 8
24 minutes ago, rcc said:

The best dialogue and acting today was Kate and Lucas. Very well done by both LK and BD.

The Kate/Lucas dynamic has always been interesting and complex.  I thought the acting was so good and Kate is at her best, in scenes with her kids.   Lucas & Kate broke my heart.

Edited by Apprentice79
  • Love 10
4 hours ago, Apprentice79 said:

In a weird way, I understood Kayla with her convoluted logic. Steve is always making decisions for her and it often comes with disastrous results.  I think of Jack as an example of that.  

Yeah, I agree.  At this point, though, it sort of makes me feel like she's done with him and doesn't know how to say it.  Nothing he does makes her happy, because he and all his baggage don't make her happy.  Her face during the dance scene said a lot, she was not feeling it.  That may not be what the writers intend, but that's how it comes off to me.

• Love 5
2 hours ago, rcc said:

We finally got the proclamations of love from Eric and Nicole and the sex scene. The dialogue was weak though.

And it might just be me, but I just didn't feel that desperate to be together with one another kind of love. To me it just felt like they were just trying to please their fans. Just didn't feel a real connection.

Damn, the dark scenes are back again. Abigail and Chad in bed together were almost impossible to see.

Dead!Will needs a change of costume.  :)  Apparently once you die, you only get the same shirt. Though Sonny saw him out of his shirt.  :)

Damn, Brian is killing it.

Once again I have to wonder why it's raining where Nicole is and not where Lucas is.

Why did Kate leave Lucas alone?

• Love 2
1 hour ago, DisneyBoy said:

Dang. I was so hoping to hear reports that today's episode was off the hook sexy.

They worked for me. I think we all know GV isn't Daniel Day Lewis, but I think he and AZ both managed to add a certain sense of sadness to the scenes. The characters already know that it's never going to work. They always eff it up, and, besides that, hurting Brady is always going to color the way they are feeling. They both just want to block that out and be together for a moment. Nicole's got a cheating heart, what can she say.

Also, they go all in on the smooching I'll give them that. Plus, I thought they added a few swoony touches here and there. Like how she looks into his his eyes and how he gathers her up into him as they kiss. 

• Love 9

Yeah finally Eric and Nicole.  I have been waiting forever For them to get together. 

I wish I could play poker  with Chloe.

Starting to feel sorry for Paul.  He is in thankless position.  

it was nice to see Brady with his other family.  Too bad he didn’t listen to his dad.  

Lucas and Kate wow such a sad scene.  You could see how much Kate wanted to take Lucas pain away.  

• Love 8

Storms can be local and isolated.  I can get rain and hail and friends across town get sun. The storm could also be metaphorical. Nice to see Nicole and Eric get five minutes of happiness.

The dead husband was always in the middle with Paul and Sonny. No guarantee that if Will is alive that he will want Sonny. Paul should sit back and see what happens.

Lucas has to move through his own pain. Nothing his mother or anyone else can do for him.

• Love 11

I thought Arianne & Greg Vaughn generated heat in their scenes today...they have the "sexy chemistry"...but like Rowan said above, their scenes had a sadness to them too.  I still do not understand why the writers have written years of Nicole angst and longing for a child, and now that she has the baby she longed for, she now longs for a long-ago love.  Why would Nicole give up her child and her dreams for a real Family to have a sexy moment?

• Love 4

I haven't watched the episode yet, but from what I saw on Monday it seems like Nicole is really getting overwhelmed by just how unfair life has been to Eric. It's high time. The show dodged referencing Daniel and instead had her say that her marriage to Lucas was what really screwed him over. But he certainly has suffered a lot and frankly is a good person. I have a hard time understanding why it would turn Nicole on to finally realize this but I'm willing to go with it. I think this is a bit of a salvage job by Ron as well to make up for how hateful she's been for over a year towards him. it's not perfect and and I definitely would have rather seen it written another way, but at least it's happening.

Lord knows if Dena was still running the show, we'd be seeing Marlena try to pull Eric and Jennifer apart and Nicole probably whispering Daniel's name during sex with Brady.

The one thing that really sucks about this medium is the way a writer can be brought in and totally wreck things for many of the characters, and then the next writer has to come in and just try to salvage things before they can even bring their own ideas to the table.

Comics and TV shows and movies are all seemingly able to pick and choose which eras they want to acknowledge or not. There are rarely any do-overs in soaps where the bad pieces of history just drag down the present like an anchor.

Edit: So I just watched Tuesday's episode and yep, that could have been better. Highlight of the episode was Kate's sobbing over Lucas's situation. LB is a hell of an actress - probably my favorite vet still on the show. She even made Bryan better. His bumbling around talking to Will's ghost felt a bit schticky...but the minute she came into the scene it was like everything was so much more real.

...wait, have I already said this? I just got the weirdest sense of Deja Vu. Was there some scene of Lucas crying over Will's grave during the 50th? I don't think we ever got that. But I'm still having Deja Vu. I remember Kate and Lucas sobbing over Will on the park bench, and how frustrating it was knowing that that was going to be the only acknowledgment of their grief that we would get out of Dena.

In a lot of ways I feel like this scene is us finally getting a glimpse into how Lucas felt back then. I haven't liked Lucas falling off the wagon over Adrienne, but now that Ron has transitioned it into being more about his unresolved grief over losing Will, it makes much more sense.

The scenes of Brady and Sonny recapping the nothing that is going on ate up the precious time we could have spent seeing Eric and Nicole slowly, erotically undress each other. Their scenes of lovemaking were the shortest in the show's history possibly, next to Sonny and Paul. I'm amazed Ron didn't see the value in giving us the total romance treatment here. Like the rest of you, I found the dialogue rang a bit hollow, especially on Nicole's side. Zucker didn't make me believe that she's been in love with Eric this whole time. Especially since in the next breath she saying how much she hated him. She sold that much better than she's selling this.

But mostly I blame the writing. Who brings up their current boyfriend in the midst of cheating on him? *facepalm* If you're going to cheat, just shut your mouth and commit to it. (Or is that open your mouth and commit to it? LOL)

If Brady is really Mr. Wonderful, then stop messing around with his brother and saying you love him more. Nicole just seem so psychologically messed up right now she's not even fun to watch. Brady has been abusive towards her and no, I don't believe Nicole was in love with Eric this whole time as much as Ron was trying to give fans what they wanted in a hurry.

The best part was Eric saying he's glad Nicole is in his arms. That's right Eric! Atta boy! It's okay to go after the things you want in life! Brady is an ass and Nicole is kind of an idiot but good for you for at least not whimpering and apologizing for finally getting something you want in five years.

Edited by DisneyBoy
  • Love 3
20 hours ago, Silver Raven said:

Damn, the dark scenes are back again. Abigail and Chad in bed together were almost impossible to see.

Dead!Will needs a change of costume.  :)  Apparently once you die, you only get the same shirt. Though Sonny saw him out of his shirt.  :)

Damn, Brian is killing it.

Once again I have to wonder why it's raining where Nicole is and not where Lucas is.

Why did Kate leave Lucas alone?

Because no one wants to see flat hair having sex?

20 hours ago, Silver Raven said:

When Eric was on the phone with Roman (late last week, I think), he said that the storm was going to hit him but bypass Salem.  For once, they actually explained it! ;-) 

• Love 1

Lauren Koslow was so wonderful as Kate today. The show has wasted her talents on awful storylines over the years.  I wish that Clyde and Ben could make visits from time to time to wreak havoc and leave.. No more Dimeras! The only exception to that is Benji and his son Steven.  Benji who was a Dimera, had a close relationship with the Bradys via Steve and Kayla, had lots of stories left to tell, but, the show as usual, fucked it up. 

Edited by Apprentice79
  • Love 5

The Kate and Clyde scenes were good.Wonder who the inmate who told clyde will was alive is.

Brady needs to get a grip before he ends up in a rubber room next to Ben lol.

Hopefully there’s going to be some movement with Adrienne/Bonnie story.

• Love 1

Brady needs to get a grip before he ends up in a rubber room next to Ben lol.

He needs that.

"You planning on a surprise melon attack?"

"I'm that bitch Hattie."

Victor needs to quit feeding Brady's paranoia.

If Clyde is trying to claim that Ben is just saying lies because he's crazy, why did he bother telling him Will is still alive in the first place?

What does Eric do for a living in this farming community?

Brady has Brandon on speed dial?

Lauren was great today.

Ooh, a cliffhanger on a Wednesday.

• Love 4
3 hours ago, Apprentice79 said:

Lauren Koslow was so wonderful as Kate today. The show has wasted her talents on awful storylines over the years.  I wish that Clyde and Ben could make visits from time to time to wreak havoc and leave.. No more Dimeras! The only exception to that is Benji and his son Steven.  Benji who was a Dimera, had a close relationship with the Bradys via Steve and Kayla, had lots of stories left to tell, but, the show as usual, fucked it up. 

2 hours ago, rcc said:

LK is a fantastic actress and I'm glad she's got something to sink her teeth into. The last two days watching Kate have been so good to watch.

This. Her scenes these past 2 days have been amazing. 

I liked the Adrienne/Hattie scenes. It's my first time seeing Hattie. She's kind of hilarious.

• Love 7

Lauren really is terriffic. I'm looking forward to the weeks ahead because I'm confident she's going to knock all of her scenes out of the park.

I really like the actor who plays Clyde because of how good a job he does making the character out utterly loathsome. It's interesting though how over the last few days Ben and Clyde, two completely irredeemable characters, have become a little bit more human. It occurred to me while watching that Ben was sedated after he left the church. Maybe that's why the actor has been putting his head down on the table and acting so out of it. I really like that they actually made him feel badly about killing Will, because it was obviously spur-of-the-moment and never part of his plan. Similarly, Kate playing on Clyde's guilt - who knew he had any! - was a wonderful way of opening him up to saying what little he knew about Will. And I love the reference to Jordan when he visited his son. Continuity!

I also really liked Nicole and Eric today compared to yesterday. They are always better when the characters are allowed to be happy together. I do find it interesting though that Nicole's plans with Eric seemed to mirror her conversation with Brady on the couch in Alberta - getting animals, living a rustic life, etc. I hope she isn't screwing with Eric.

Does Will's grave look completely different to anybody else?

• Love 5
3 hours ago, DisneyBoy said:

I really like the actor who plays Clyde because of how good a job he does making the character out utterly loathsome. It's interesting though how over the last few days Ben and Clyde, two completely irredeemable characters, have become a little bit more human.

James Read is so disgusting as Clyde.  It's hard to believe that he played the lovingly, adorable George in my all-time favorite mini series, North & South.  But you are correct.  Today is the first time I saw some redeeming qualities in Clyde.  Ben started off as a good guy, Clyde was scum from the start. 

Under normal circumstances, I don't like cheating. Technically, Nicole hasn't broken up with Brady. So anything that may happen with Eric would be cheating. Considering Brady's controlling attitude, I wouldn't mind if Nicole did cheat.

That was my one problem with their scenes.  I like most were waiting for them to get back together.  I have been team Eric and Nicole for a long time.  I just wish they would have told Brady before they jumped into the sack.  With Eric being a former priest and Nicole being reformed, I expected and wanted better behavior from those two.  Brady has been a bit of a jerk lately but he has been good to Nicole.  Plus, he has suffered tremendously in the love department of late.  Madison, Kristen, Melanie and Theresa all were dramatic fails so I feel bad for the guy.    

Edited by A.J.
forgot to add extra comments
  • Love 5

I stopped feeling sympathy for Brady when he decided to have Nicole fired behind her back. Brady is a jerk.

There have been times when I've tuned in and out over the years, and I remember I caught a scene between them in a hotel room, I think, where he was being pretty sexually cavalier with her. She'd obviously done something that displeased him, and I got the impression he was using sex as a way to demean her. Like that was what she was good for. I hadn't been watching religiously, so I can't remember exactly what she did, it was probably something shitty, as she's certainly no innocent, but I just remember getting an icky vibe from the whole thing, and I haven't forgotten it. 

• Love 7

James Read was also on Remington Steele as Murphy.  Good actor. Clyde and Kate were very good. At the actress playing her has something decent to work with now.

Brady, you are becoming unhinged. You don't own Nicole and you shouldn't be checking up on her. Granted, she should have come up with a better excuse than visiting her brother, knowing full well that you can actually call him!

I liked the Hattie and Adrienne scenes.

I hope that Nicole genuinely wants Eric and a more simple life with him.  If that is what she really wants. Not just a distraction from a not so functional relationship with Brady.

• Love 8

It looked like Marlena left a hundred dollar bill for her pub coffee.  

Nicoles brother Brandon has been mentioned a lot lately. 

Bonnie is terrible at flirting with Victor.  

Brady Brady people aren’t stupid. That was obviously your drink.  Stop blaming the maid. 

I noticed Andriene didn’t ask about Lucas.  

• Love 3
1 hour ago, Rowan said:

I stopped feeling sympathy for Brady when he decided to have Nicole fired behind her back. Brady is a jerk.

There have been times when I've tuned in and out over the years, and I remember I caught a scene between them in a hotel room, I think, where he was being pretty sexually cavalier with her. She'd obviously done something that displeased him, and I got the impression he was using sex as a way to demean her. Like that was what she was good for. I hadn't been watching religiously, so I can't remember exactly what she did, it was probably something shitty, as she's certainly no innocent, but I just remember getting an icky vibe from the whole thing, and I haven't forgotten it. 

I believe that these are probably the scenes that you're referring to. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a_G5lCyH33E

• Love 1
2 hours ago, Rowan said:

I detest Brady, not one iota of sympathy for him.  He's abusive, physically, emotionally and mentally whenever he doesn't get his way or even feels insecure.  He's even been physically threatening with Maggie and Marlena on occasion.  I wouldn't let this guy within a hundred yards of kids, women or pets.  And he has a great opinion of himself, completely unsubstantiated by the facts.

Victor has done a great job with this yob.

• Love 8

The shame of it all is that there might actually be something to root for in Brady or Sonny if we could get some scenes of them at the office handling Titan mergers and staff with a cool head. There are people who are total nightmares at home who actually do good work in their day jobs. Here, no one seems to ever work so all we get to see is them ranting and raving around the house. When Titan the company doesn't actually exist on the show in any concrete way, how are we supposed to give a damn who runs it? And if we are supposed to favor Sonny over Brady or vice versa, what evidence is there that they are a better leader when again: there are no scenes of them actually working?

And he has a great opinion of himself, completely unsubstantiated by the facts.

I was just about to say how compassionate he was with Kristen but then I remembered: she was schtupping his brains out. That was his real motivation for giving her a second chance (in bed!)

• Love 3
On 10/3/2017 at 4:57 PM, Silver Raven said:

"Chad's the crazy one for marrying the bitch.  Again."  Speaking the truth, there, Ben.

I didn't realize Casey Moss was left handed.

Is this left handed comment code for what was upstream?

Casey Moss is really coming into his own here - I see him becoming another Jensen Ackles in the future.  He and BF (Chad) are remarkable actors - especially to be stuck on Daytime.   Not that I want to lost them.  Lani can exit stage left any day now - though with AZ (Nicole) nearly out we have a glut of single men with few eligible ladies.  

Edited by Stella Rose
accidental casting spoiler - sorry!
  • Love 1