Type keyword(s) to search

Current Plots Discussion: Actually Today's Episode

Message added by scarynikki12

Spoilers are not allowed in this thread. Period. Any posts that include spoilers (and casting information qualifies) will be removed. There are several other threads that allow spoilers so take that discussion to one of them.

• Start Topic

14 hours ago, swtrgrl said:

You probably should go to the spoiler thread or the comings and goings one and do some deductive reasoning. Can't post it here b/c it'd be a spoiler and it's not "fact" ... yet. LOL 

Thanks for letting me know the last scene. Carolyn was in Denver and didn't recap yesterday.

Haven't checked the spoilers or comings and goings thread in a few days.

8 hours ago, DisneyBoy said:

Eric fantasized about Nicole coming into the center and telling him that in spite of Brady and Holly, she still loved him. And then he went to town on her face for like a full 10 seconds. And the camera did not shift angles or cut away, which was very appreciated after that nonsense at the Martin house party.

It is a bit strange though that Eric's dream seems to focus more on him kissing Nicole than Nicole kissing him. I saw a clip on YouTube of an old scene with Jensen Ackles and Arianne Zucker which was also a fantasy sequence of Nicole stripping naked during a photoshoot and enticing Eric into making love with her, and most of that scene focused on shots of Nicole. Here the camera was behind Nicole's shoulder so we mostly got to watch Eric kissing her...which makes me wonder if Eric's fantasies now focus less on the woman he's obsessed with and more on how he looks making out with her, LOL.

Steve and Kayla always had the best fantasies. Kayla's  fantasies were always very aggressive, sexual and erotic.   While Steve's was always romantic, sensual and chaste. Plus, he never had a patch, revealing his deep insecurity about having one eye.  I always loved the role reversal with Steve and Kayla, when it came to their fantasies..

Edited by Apprentice79
  • Love 3
11 hours ago, Silver Raven said:

1. Yeah, Gabi, take advantage of a nude Eli to stare at him.

2. My hatred for Melissa Reeves colors my feelings toward Jennifer.

3. I guess Eli will be available for the Salem PD commissioner job.

1. You wouldn't do that? because, man is FYYYYIIIIIIINE. I'd take a mo to stare. [/shallow]

2. I don't hate her. I massively dislike she and her husband's personal views on things...and maybe some of that gets into my feelings on Jennifer as a character. However, most of my Jennifer dislike is based on the writing of the character. It's gross. Has been for years.

3. Eli SHOULD get the job. LOL More Eli is good. See #1.

• Love 3
17 minutes ago, swtrgrl said:

2. I don't hate her. I massively dislike she and her husband's personal views on things...and maybe some of that gets into my feelings on Jennifer as a character. However, most of my Jennifer dislike is based on the writing of the character. It's gross. Has been for years.

Somebody on here said once that Melissa Reeves brings a church lady vibe to Jennifer that never existed before...Jennifer was never holier than thou, but, it is there now. 

• Love 7
17 hours ago, rcc said:

I'm far from a big Hope fan since the Bo and Hope big love days but yesterday the KA and DH acting was very well done as Hope and Hattie. Good to see two long time Days actresses getting quality scenes together.

Then today we had to endure the same old boring crap that is Hope and Rafe and in bed no less. Yuck.

i used to like hope years ago. she is unwatchable most of the time now but i agree about the scenes with hattie. i know she has been a cop for a long time, but it is not believable. 

it makes me ill to see her with rafe. i almost puked when they were in bed yesterday and she mentioned their having great sex. yuk. terrible pairing. he's too young for her, it looks and feels ridiculous. 

• Love 5

I am indifferent to Rafe and Hope but I don't think he is too young for her. Their real conflict should not  be  about the commish job but the fact when he was with Sami, he wanted to be the father to her kids. If they are together, he won't have the chance to be a father unless they botg decide to adopt. I don't know if Hope wants to raise another child now that her kids have  reached adulthood.

• Love 1

I don't know that we've ever been given Rafe's age, but the actor is 46 years old.  Hope's age is approximately 51.  Five years isn't too much of a different, imo, but @nilyank has a good point about Rafe always wanting to have children.  Maybe he's changed his mind?

• Love 2

Yeah my issue with Rafe and Hope isn't age.  Like mentioned above Hope is only about 51/52 and Rafe should be around Galen's age of 45/46.  The real obstacle should be more his marriage to her niece and almost relationship with her other niece. 

If anything I think it "feels" like an age difference just because we have so much more history with Hope as a character than we do with Rafe and most of their significant pairings have been in different age groups.  Also I think we tend to think of Hope as older because she was with Bo who was older than her and is often paired with actors in a higher age range; Roman, Marlena, John, Abe, etc. 

• Love 2

The Hattie/Marlena conversation was pure soapy goodness:  "Sometimes I use the royal we."  Holy crap but Hattie's responses to Marlena's questions were hilarious--the new writers aren't afraid of humor.  Good for them.

The level of UST in Eric and Nicole's scenes have reached a new level--it isn't just Eric feeling this pull because Nicole looks like she's ready to jump on top of Eric at every opportunity.

I'm enjoying Claire and Tripp--their scenes together are refreshingly adorable and I'm especially enjoying watching Theo reach Brady levels of pissy bitchyness :):)

• Love 9

Nicole has done great things? I'm neutral on her but I feel her list of horrible things is much longer than her list of anything good, and certainly altruistic, that she has done. 

Not being snarky. I really don't recall anything great/good/altruistic she's done. 

• Love 4
1 hour ago, buffynut said:

Have Rafe & Nicole ever been a couple? Maybe they should have been Holly's parents.

I didn't watch anything but WilSon clips around that time but... he helped her as a friend when she was preggers with EJ's kid (after EJami sex broke up Safe and Nicole/EJ). I don't know if it was anything more on either side. Others would know. But if they were going to go there...that would be about the time frame (when Marlena/John/Hope/Bo/Carrie were presumed dead in a building Stefano blew up?) so circa 2011-2012, maybe.

ETA: I think it was friendly b/c Carrie and Rafe were a thing briefly. Fallout from Abby gaslighting Austin and some other things?

Edited by swtrgrl
  • Love 2

Have Rafe & Nicole ever been a couple? Maybe they should have been Holly's parents.

They should have..perfect for each others..they were TPTB pets so why not putting them together and stop trashing other more interesting and entertaining characters for YEARS in order to prop them..i am still mad about that..And yeah Nicole had a big crush on him but big strong Rafe preferred saint Carrie..a Nicole/Rafe/Carrie triangle would have been perfect and would have avoided wasting other characters in their sucky orbit..they totally would have deserved each others..

Edited by pau
  • Love 1

They sort of teased it at the time of Nicole and Rafe becoming friends.  They started their friendship as being the "cheated" spouses when EJ and Sami had grief sex.  At the beginning TPTB sort of toyed with it when they had Rafe pretending to be the father of Nicole and EJ's baby but they eventually put her with Daniel and kept Rafe as the "best friend" during that whole storyline.

I have to say I mostly have no use for Rafe except when he actually gives into the idea that he likes/appreciates/drawn to complicated women; Sami, Nicole, Kate.  I find him way more tolerable when he is either in relationships with Sami and Kate, or his scheming with Nicole. This to me is where they sort of dropped the ball with Rafe.  They write/play him to much as "holier than thou".  I felt like they briefly tried to explore that when Rafe was with Kate.  There was a nuance there to his scenes of not wanting to get involved with her but constantly fighting an attraction to the fact that he actually liked her.  Then when he cheated on "good girl" Jordan with Kate I thought we would finally get some self actualization from the character but it never really panned out.

Now he is with Hope and its completely dragged her character down.

• Love 4
2 hours ago, JBC344 said:

They sort of teased it at the time of Nicole and Rafe becoming friends.  They started their friendship as being the "cheated" spouses when EJ and Sami had grief sex.  At the beginning TPTB sort of toyed with it when they had Rafe pretending to be the father of Nicole and EJ's baby but they eventually put her with Daniel and kept Rafe as the "best friend" during that whole storyline.

I have to say I mostly have no use for Rafe except when he actually gives into the idea that he likes/appreciates/drawn to complicated women; Sami, Nicole, Kate.  I find him way more tolerable when he is either in relationships with Sami and Kate, or his scheming with Nicole. This to me is where they sort of dropped the ball with Rafe.  They write/play him to much as "holier than thou".  I felt like they briefly tried to explore that when Rafe was with Kate.  There was a nuance there to his scenes of not wanting to get involved with her but constantly fighting an attraction to the fact that he actually liked her.  Then when he cheated on "good girl" Jordan with Kate I thought we would finally get some self actualization from the character but it never really panned out.

Now he is with Hope and its completely dragged her character down.

He was totally holier than thou with Sami..actually he was far more tolerant with Nicole so i don't get why they never paired him with her..and as a character he is much more like a Hope than a Sami or a Kate..I never saw Rafe and Hope as a couple so i can't talk about it..but on paper they would match..shrug.

Edited by pau
  • Love 4
34 minutes ago, pau said:

He was totally holier than thou with Sami..actually he was far more tolerant with Nicole so i don't get why they never paired him with her..and as a character he much more like a Hope than a Sami or a Kate..I never saw Rafe and Hope as a couple so i can't talk about it..but on paper they would match..shrug.

I think that is it in a nutshell.  The "character" of Rafe thinks he should be with someone like Hope because she is the "good person" but as history has shown he is much more alive/comfortable when he is with someone who is actually more complicated.  Not that he is bad or should be with someone who is a villain but Rafe has always had a hard time admitting to himself that he likes/prefers a "bad girl".  He chose "good girl" Jordan over Kate and then when he got Jordan the first thing he did was cheat on her with Kate. 

I think he and Hope suffer from the fact that they have no interesting history to draw from and that Rafe as himself is just not that interesting of a character.  So your essentially watching two "good characters" who have no history or interest to their relationship. 

• Love 6
4 minutes ago, JBC344 said:

I think that is it in a nutshell.  The "character" of Rafe thinks he should be with someone like Hope because she is the "good person" but as history has shown he is much more alive/comfortable when he is with someone who is actually more complicated.  Not that he is bad or should be with someone who is a villain but Rafe has always had a hard time admitting to himself that he likes/prefers a "bad girl".  He chose "good girl" Jordan over Kate and then when he got Jordan the first thing he did was cheat on her with Kate. 

I think he and Hope suffer from the fact that they have no interesting history to draw from and that Rafe as himself is just not that interesting of a character.  So your essentially watching two "good characters" who have no history or interest to their relationship. 

I understand..someone like Hope needs a more volatile/dynamic character to counterbalance her..the problem is Rafe also drag down dynamic characters like Sami..so to sum up he sucks with everyone..lol..Although with Nicole i remembered him being far more tolerant, less judgemental and kind of playfully sarcastic in their interactions..therefore quite enjoyable..and it was the writing above all..

• Love 3
21 minutes ago, JBC344 said:

I always saw it as a mix of a hero and savior complex with Rafe. He likes the "bad girls" cause he likes to think he rescued them and is protecting them from either others or their own worst behavior. He wants to be a white knight for whichever woman is in his top spot at that moment no matter how many lies he has to tell, which sister he throws under a car, or how many laws he has to break in order to do it. I would add Hope to this mix for him even though shes' a traditional heroine solely due to this last year or so of her Stefano mess that Rafe hijacked as his own mission in life to 'save' her. 

I've honestly never been a fan of Rafe cause even after all these years on the show, I can't discern any real traits out of him other than consistently self-aggrandizing and hypocritical regarding his own actions. So to me, his faults have always been pretty much the only personality I've seen from him. 

• Love 4
11 hours ago, FnkyChkn34 said:

I don't know that we've ever been given Rafe's age, but the actor is 46 years old.  Hope's age is approximately 51.  Five years isn't too much of a different, imo, but @nilyank has a good point about Rafe always wanting to have children.  Maybe he's changed his mind?

He can adopt Shawn and Ciara.  

I liked Hattie's 'What's Up Doc?' question to Marlena. Why would she want Justin Kiriakis as her lawyer? To stick it to Bonnie?

Nicole's sundress is a bit more summery than early fall - the colour is a hard one for most people to pull off. Brady, you will self-destruct and drive Nicole away from you. She has chosen *you* and doesn't want your brother. Stop being a self-fulfilling prophecy.

Bonnie/Adrienne as a maid instead of Sheila who is watching her soap and munching chips? In the Kiriakis living room? And then breaking the expensive figurine when hearing about Hattie's arrest? The jig may be over soon.

• Love 3
18 minutes ago, FnkyChkn34 said:

:) Can you really adopt a 35 year old married man?

You actually can believe it or not.  Actually it was a "secret" way for gay couples to bypass the homophobic laws that wouldn't grant partners any significant rights.

• Love 5

Brady, listen to your father.  John just gave you some really good advice.  Jealousy does destroy relationships.  Keep pushing Nicole like that, and you will lose her.  I'm not sure how long he will follow it, but at least for now, he looks like he is.

The Bonnie/Maggie/Sheila scenes were comedy gold!  But I definitely think that the jig's going to be up soon now that Bonnie knows of Hattie's arrest.

Tripp and Claire were cute once again.  I was hoping for him to find something with Jade, but with her gone, I guess Claire will do, since Lucas does have as good chemistry with Olivia as he did with Gabrielle.

Marlena and Hattie's showdown was pretty good.  Deidre gets criticized a lot for her acting, but I thought she went for it as both of her characters.

Another fine episode today.

• Love 5
37 minutes ago, boes said:

Quick question....I've been away from Show for some months....what happened to Joey?

Tripp finally went to the extreme to get Kayla to confess to Ava's murder and nearly killed her in the process.  This finally got Joey to confess to the crime to save Kayla from Tripp.  Tripp agreed not to tell anyone about Joey's crime and tried to apologize to Kayla, but she wasn't hearing any of it (as well she shouldn't have).  Joey, after that, wanted to confess to the police that he'd killed Ava, but Steve and Kayla disagreed on whether or not it would've been right for him to do so.  Steve didn't want him to go to prison, but understood that if it helped Joey finally feel like he'd pay for his crime, he'd do it.  But Kayla didn't want him to due to how much she didn't want him to go to prison (something unrealistic and uncharacteristic of her to believe that continuing to cover for him was the best option).

Ultimately, Kayla understood that Joey was old enough to make his own decisions and relented.  So Joey confessed, but got a sweet deal.  A few years in a minimum security prison.  He left in late August.

• Love 4
6 hours ago, Star Aristille said:

Tripp finally went to the extreme to get Kayla to confess to Ava's murder and nearly killed her in the process.  This finally got Joey to confess to the crime to save Kayla from Tripp.  Tripp agreed not to tell anyone about Joey's crime and tried to apologize to Kayla, but she wasn't hearing any of it (as well she shouldn't have).  Joey, after that, wanted to confess to the police that he'd killed Ava, but Steve and Kayla disagreed on whether or not it would've been right for him to do so.  Steve didn't want him to go to prison, but understood that if it helped Joey finally feel like he'd pay for his crime, he'd do it.  But Kayla didn't want him to due to how much she didn't want him to go to prison (something unrealistic and uncharacteristic of her to believe that continuing to cover for him was the best option).

Ultimately, Kayla understood that Joey was old enough to make his own decisions and relented.  So Joey confessed, but got a sweet deal.  A few years in a minimum security prison.  He left in late August.

Thank you so much!

Maybe he'll come back played by an actual actor this time.

• Love 5

Marlena and Hattie's showdown was pretty good.  Deidre gets criticized a lot for her acting, but I thought she went for it as both of her characters.

She was all right. I was more bothered by the stand-in, whose hair was a different color and who looked a good 20 lb lighter than Deidre. There was zero believability that the person sitting across from Marlena had the same body shape as Marlena. Don't they have a wig that looks about as good as Deidre's hair and matches the color? Couldn't they find a woman with her approximate body shape? It's like the woman they hired was wishful thinking. Maybe she was Deirdre's stand in a few years ago when she was thinner..?

The Sheila plot line is moving quickly, but I'm really enjoying T-Boz in the role. She and Judi have a really good rapport and there's a little bit of that Old Days of Our Lives fun going on between them. Makes me remember Vivian and Yvon and their banter...

I can't wait for Brady to get dumped by Nicole so she can reunite with Eric. I so hope that's where this is going.....it just sucks that Brady is acting so out of character. I still think Hattie should have been the one to plant seeds of jealousy in Brady's mind rather than him jumping to wild conclusions immediately after the Martin House fiasco.

I think I liked Claire a tiny bit again for the first time in forever.

• Love 4

If Adrienne had the Salem Brain, she'd take off her prison shirt (and bra) and walk around the prison topless. It would be obvious to everyone there that she had had very, VERY recent surgery and no way could she be Bonnie. But of course for the sake of a drawn out storyline it'll never happen.

• Love 8
30 minutes ago, worleybird said:

If Adrienne had the Salem Brain, she'd take off her prison shirt (and bra) and walk around the prison topless. It would be obvious to everyone there that she had had very, VERY recent surgery and no way could she be Bonnie. But of course for the sake of a drawn out storyline it'll never happen.

Ron is in the house, he will sacrifice common sense for his stupid plots..

• Love 3
2 hours ago, DisneyBoy said:

.....it just sucks that Brady is acting so out of character. 

But is it out of character?  Brady always seems, to me, only a hairs breath away from being abusive and controlling, always in need of reassurance and ready to be a bully at the first hint he may not get what he wants.  He's been rough, been threatening, particularly with women, no matter what age when he doesn't like what he hears or doesn't get what he wants.  This is Brady's default behavior, not an anomaly, IMO.

I think Brady is really just a petulant, insecure bully more often than not, and wears his self pity with a heavier hand than Maggie's hair spray.

• Love 15

Well he was really awful to Theresa two summers ago. And Kristen too. They both were lousy people at different moments but it did seem like he was rather rough with them.

I guess I just don't see much consistency in the ways in which he is awful. I agree that he has some kind of fetish for rescuing women who are either severely damaged or making bad choices. And I do think he tends to get menacing with his girlfriends when they are begging him for forgiveness or trying to appease him. It's just the jealousy that I have trouble with. I never really saw Brady in a love triangle before. Does his jealousy date back to when he was played by previous actors?

I couldn't watch today's show so I caught up on yesterday's and felt I really needed to say how wonderful it is to be able to tune in and not be subjected to crappy characters. Deimos, Dario, Joey, Jade and Ciara are all off my screen and I appreciate that. Ron must have been reading this board because I'm sure at some point we all said they were dead weight.

As recently as two months ago we were caught up in the island nonsense, the talisman BS, endless references to Daniel, Nicole being hateful, Morgan Fairchild trying to resuscitate her career, Dario randomly obsessing about Abigail, Chad flip-flopping every other week, Kate encouraging him to do illegal business out of nowhere, Ava's ongoing influence and The Never Ending Deimos Drama.

Now, we have genuinely funny scenes with entertaining characters like Bonnie and Sheila, John and Marlena back in the spotlight, Nicole starting to act a bit more like herself, a storyline for Lucas, Chloe redeemed somewhat, catchy dialogue and plotlines intersecting in natural ways. Some great characters are coming back, and the ones that were collecting dust on the shelves are being given good material again. The show may not be perfect yet, but I can certainly watch it. I used to skip several days a week and now almost every episode has something for me to tune in to see. And unlike Dena, who made sweeping changes before the 50th that seemed really good until they weren't, Ron isn't doing drastic things and jumping from one idea to the next. It feels like he's taking his time to set things up slowly and move the show into more compelling territory gradually instead of being overconfident and thinking more of his personal preferences than those of the viewers. Amen!

• Love 8
24 minutes ago, DisneyBoy said:

Well he was really awful to Theresa two summers ago. And Kristen too. They both were lousy people at different moments but it did seem like he was rather rough with them.

I guess I just don't see much consistency in the ways in which he is awful. I agree that he has some kind of fetish for rescuing women who are either severely damaged or making bad choices. And I do think he tends to get menacing with his girlfriends when they are begging him for forgiveness or trying to appease him. It's just the jealousy that I have trouble with. I never really saw Brady in a love triangle before. Does his jealousy date back to when he was played by previous actors?

I couldn't watch today's show so I caught up on yesterday's and felt I really needed to say how wonderful it is to be able to tune in and not be subjected to crappy characters. Deimos, Dario, Joey, Jade and Ciara are all off my screen and I appreciate that. Ron must have been reading this board because I'm sure at some point we all said they were dead weight.

As recently as two months ago we were caught up in the island nonsense, the talisman BS, endless references to Daniel, Nicole being hateful, Morgan Fairchild trying to resuscitate her career, Dario randomly obsessing about Abigail, Chad flip-flopping every other week, Kate encouraging him to do illegal business out of nowhere, Ava's ongoing influence and The Never Ending Deimos Drama.

Now, we have genuinely funny scenes with entertaining characters like Bonnie and Sheila, John and Marlena back in the spotlight, Nicole starting to act a bit more like herself, a storyline for Lucas, Chloe redeemed somewhat, catchy dialogue and plotlines intersecting in natural ways. Some great characters are coming back, and the ones that were collecting dust on the shelves are being given good material again. The show may not be perfect yet, but I can certainly watch it. I used to skip several days a week and now almost every episode has something for me to tune in to see. And unlike Dena, who made sweeping changes before the 50th that seemed really good until they weren't, Ron isn't doing drastic things and jumping from one idea to the next. It feels like he's taking his time to set things up slowly and move the show into more compelling territory gradually instead of being overconfident and thinking more of his personal preferences than those of the viewers. Amen!

In terms of jealousy Brady has usually benefitted from being the guy in the middle.  His most famous triangle was with Chloe and Nicole back in the day so jealousy wasn't really a factor there.  Someone else can answer better since I wasn't watching as faithfully at this point but when Brady was with Madison, was he jealous of Ian?  He ended up winning that triangle before Madison was killed but that would really be the only example.

I could see them really exploring Brady's jealousy in an interesting way if they tied his jealousy of Eric and Nicole to what happened with Eric and Kristen.  A completely different situation of course since Eric was raped but I can see Brady making the correlation that the last woman he loved he lost in a situation "involving" his brother Eric.

• Love 3

I had no problems with Brady being awful to Kristen and Theresa. They are both vile and irredeemable. With Nicole, it is different. The Nicole/Brady dynamic reminds me of an abused woman and her batterer. Nicole is trying hard not trigger a reaction out of Brady. She gives in to him, to not upset him and it makes me very uncomfortable to watch. I have seen too many women in real life act like Nicole.

Edited by Apprentice79
  • Love 7
2 hours ago, Apprentice79 said:

Ron is in the house, he will sacrifice common sense for his stupid plots..

Not completely.  He had Lucas sort of suspicious about the change in "Adrienne's" body when he slept with Bonnie, so there's that.

And I think Adrienne is just too distraught right now about her situation to think of that.

• Love 5
14 minutes ago, Silver Raven said:

Are chocolate covered peanut butter cups different from regular peanut butter cups?

I'm hoping the Bonnie storyline is coming to an end.

that's what i thought. aren't they all chocolate covered?! i'm strangely disappointed and sad that the ex con who showed up at the K mansion (forgot her name) turned on adrianne and had no sympathy. i wanted to like her.

• Love 4
1 hour ago, msrachelj said:

i'm strangely disappointed and sad that the ex con who showed up at the K mansion (forgot her name) turned on adrianne and had no sympathy. i wanted to like her.

That was a surprise?  She was just that unsympathetic in the prison storyline with Hope, as well.  No surprise to me she turned on Adrienne that quickly.

At least she was nice enough to update her on what Bonnie's done while taking over her life, though.  I'd say my heart broke for Adrienne when she learned that Bonnie had dumped Lucas, but seeing as I hadn't wanted her to choose him in the first place . . . I just said, "Meh."

Not as exciting of an episode today for me.  But I enjoyed Marlena's reunions with Eric and Brady.  And I love that they both tested her with questions of their childhoods, and that Marlena laughed at Brady's question, having already been asked by Eric.

So that's the partner Hattie wasn't outing.  I'd wondered why she wasn't saying anything when Hope and Rafe had already mentioned that she'd actually already outed Anjelica.  But she's still protecting Bonnie.  Though I don't see how much longer she does that now that she's going up the river.  Marlena's already on to her, and I think Justin might catch on to her soon, too.

Hoping we get a third good Friday episode in a row.

• Love 3
3 hours ago, DisneyBoy said:

On the other hand, I'm not enjoying his brand of camp, and I'm not a John and Marlena fan so I don't care whether they are back in the spotlight.  I was only watching the days that Steve and Kayla were on for months and months -- as compared to when Josh was writing, when I felt compelled to watch five days a week.  Maybe it's just because the writers are clearly not investing in them, but now I'm not even watching all of their days.  Ron has given them some drama to work with, but hasn't shown he understands how they're broken or how to fix it.

The only other story that had my interest at all was Chad and Abby.  I caught a few strong days for them early on, but nothing about it was interesting enough for me to tune in just for that.  I'm also often invested in Justin and Adrienne, but I don't understand the structuring of this story where they are concerned at all.  So I really haven't found a reason to watch Ron's Days.

Edited by lska
  • Love 2
19 minutes ago, lska said:

On the other hand, I'm not enjoying his brand of camp, and I'm not a John and Marlena fan so I don't care whether they are back in the spotlight.  I was only watching the days that Steve and Kayla were on for months and months -- as compared to when Josh was writing, when I felt compelled to watch five days a week.  Maybe it's just because the writers are clearly not investing in them, but now I'm not even watching all of their days.  Ron has given them some drama to work with, but hasn't shown he understands how they're broken or how to fix it.

The only other story that had my interest at all was Chad and Abby.  I caught a few strong days for them early on, but nothing about it was interesting enough for me to tune in just for that.  I'm also often invested in Justin and Adrienne, but I don't understand the structuring of this story where they are concerned at all.  So I really haven't found a reason to watch Ron's Days.

Meh.  More fun for me (and others), then.

8 minutes ago, Star Aristille said:

Meh.  More fun for me (and others), then.

How about "I disagree, but sorry you're not enjoying the show you've been following for decades"? I would have gladly taken that.

• Love 10

I guess no writer can please every fan, but so far I'm preferring Ron's stuff to all writers from the past 3 years.  I'll admit the stuff around the 50th was interesting, but I kinda wish Ron (and Sheri & Ryan) had been writing then, because I think they would have included a lot more family stuff and less dark storylines.

I enjoyed the scenes with Marlena & Eric, and Marlena and Brady. It's so nice to have all family members interacting and mentioning something that happened. Before, with the bubbles, Brady not only wouldn't have been involved, he wouldn't have even had an after the fact scene.

And for the first time in a couple years, I'm liking Nicole again.  Putting her with Daniel ruined her character. Despite their real-life romance, they had no on screen chemistry. On the other hand, she and Eric ooze chemistry.

The only boring stuff today was Claire & Theo. They need to find something for them to do.  Even JJ & Paige went to the "classes always cancelled" Salem U. 

• Love 6

It's September. Claire and Theo should be back at Salem U.

Bonnie, you are slipping and you are certainly not behaving as 'Adrienne'. Sure, Sheila, keep this gig going longer. Bonnie is not going to help you out. Adrienne, you really do need to see the prison doctor and show them your surgical scars. Or that someone who isn't corrupt takes your fingerprints and won't find a match to Bonnie.

Nicole, do dump Brady or at least take a good long hard look at him and his actions. He isn't going to change.

• Love 6
8 hours ago, Silver Raven said:

It's funny how much more I'm enjoying Ron's storylines than I ever did on GH.  I can't tell him so, though, because he blocked from twitter for disagreeing with his GH stories.

A couple months ago, they mentioned on the other site that Ron was accepting un-block requests.  So if you know someone else who has Twitter, ask them to tweet Ron your Twitter name to un-block you. 

http://daytimeroyaltyonline.com/topic/11034587/21/

giphy.gif

Guys, I'm so excited. TODAY IS THE DAY!!! In about 2.75 hours (b/c you know it will be the LAST 2 minutes of the show), mah boy is back! Woot! Chandler, FTW.

15 hours ago, buffynut said:

I guess no writer can please every fan, but so far I'm preferring Ron's stuff to all writers from the past 3 years.  I'll admit the stuff around the 50th was interesting, but I kinda wish Ron (and Sheri & Ryan) had been writing then, because I think they would have included a lot more family stuff and less dark storylines.

This. You can't fix things overnight but he's getting there. 

• Love 4
17 hours ago, buffynut said:

I enjoyed the scenes with Marlena & Eric, and Marlena and Brady. It's so nice to have all family members interacting and mentioning something that happened. Before, with the bubbles, Brady not only wouldn't have been involved, he wouldn't have even had an after the fact scene.

And for the first time in a couple years, I'm liking Nicole again.  Putting her with Daniel ruined her character. Despite their real-life romance, they had no on screen chemistry. On the other hand, she and Eric ooze chemistry.

The only boring stuff today was Claire & Theo. They need to find something for them to do.  Even JJ & Paige went to the "classes always cancelled" Salem U. 

I'm behind again so I can't comment much on this week's episodes, but I do agree that maybe I am liking Ron's writing better overall than I did the others.  I especially agree that I would have preferred different writing during the 50th anniversary.  I understand that PR didn't/doesn't want to come back, but killing Bo off so swiftly was awful, imo.  Surely there could have been a much more interesting resolution to his character.

• Love 6
10 minutes ago, FnkyChkn34 said:

I'm behind again so I can't comment much on this week's episodes, but I do agree that maybe I am liking Ron's writing better overall than I did the others.  I especially agree that I would have preferred different writing during the 50th anniversary.  I understand that PR didn't/doesn't want to come back, but killing Bo off so swiftly was awful, imo.  Surely there could have been a much more interesting resolution to his character.

So agree, it wasn't even a great storyline to "go out" on.  Hope had already divorced him and was moving on with her life, there was really no reason to kill him.  I understand Peter was retiring and the possibility of him not coming back was strong but personally I would of just hedged my bets and either left him off screen or what I wanted was for him to come back and amicably end things with Hope and move away.

There is always the possibility you can lure him back for some guest spots in the future or leave it open for him to do an "ending" story at a different time.  That whole death storyline was a complete jumbled mess and the ones who suffered were Aiden and us the audience.

• Love 5