Type keyword(s) to search

Current Plots Discussion: Actually Today's Episode

Message added by scarynikki12

Spoilers are not allowed in this thread. Period. Any posts that include spoilers (and casting information qualifies) will be removed. There are several other threads that allow spoilers so take that discussion to one of them.

• Start Topic

You're not the only one. I hate when people in positions like that are portrayed as being so mean and nasty. Like prison guards and such. Sure there are terrible ones, but there are also good ones and let's see some of those.

• Love 4

I think we saw some nice guards in prison when Hope was there. Didn't one let Hope use her cell phone?

Asylum/mental institution guards are probably not the most stable or kind-hearted, given the demands of the job.

• Love 3
11 hours ago, BlackMamba said:

I know it's not a first time for daytime (Brooke and old Ridge use to do it on BB) , but was Lucas really giving Bonnie head today! ???

They did this with Gabi and JJ's first time, too. I remember thinking, "holy crap."

• Love 2
9 hours ago, Star Aristille said:

Like I said before, I get he's doing his job, but he doesn't have to be so evil and nasty in doing it.  I know I'm the only one to feel that way, but still . . .

At first I thought these guys must be Miss Piggy's goons, rather than actual orderlies.

Drunken Lucas makes me sad, if only because he kind of reverts to being a 12-year-old boy (well, except for the sexytimes) -- his rage at Kate had a definite note of whining in it. It's an interesting choice for Dattilo to make. Also, what does it say about the show that Drunk!Lucas is the only one who really acknowledges that Will is dead and Allie is kind of ... missing? My heart broke a little for him when Lucas said "I can't lose everything!" Goodness knows, Dattilo is sinking his teeth into this plotline.

• Love 6
19 hours ago, DisneyBoy said:

Thank you! So true. I was equally annoyed that none of the characters on Smallville actually made it through college either. Shows like this don't seem to care about that stuff. Who needs an education when you can get pregnant and inherit money? Or become a super spy!

Yes, I know, right?!  Yet, the kids on Friday Night Lights were all seniors for like 3 years in a row...

• Love 1

The more The Three Stooges talked about their plan the more idiotic it sounded. Something tells me Ron had to do a major salvage job on the original plot to make it as tolerable as it has been. I wonder if Wally Kurth actually had to film scenes where his character had to look remotely interested in this woman. Well she's dead now! Too bad Summer didn't meet a similar fate.

I missed pretty much everything else but I did see Gabi running around the hospital throwing herself a major pity party. Look lady, you knew going into your relationship with Chad that it was highly unlikely he would be over Abigail. Don't act so surprised now that it fell apart. Just be grateful you two had a brief moment in time together and move on. I couldn't believe her when she said that she really thought Abigail and Dario's marriage was solid enough to justify her getting her hopes up about her future with Chad. What?! Revisionist history much?

I did feel a little badly for her looking on as her friends happily planned their four-way wedding, but at the same time I kind of question what Gabi's usefulness is on this show. She's the mother of Will's child and ShutUp! Rafe's sister. Other than that....?? If they don't plan on pairing her up with JJ again then I just don't see why she's hanging around.

I'm really confused by the Eric/Jennifer relationship. The show always seems to want them to be smiling and leaning in towards one another in these so-called "friends" scenes. Should we still be expecting them to become a couple?

I'm rooting for Eric and Nicole to get together, and yet, I can't help but notice that in all of their scenes together Eric and Nicole look like they're about to start crying, whereas with Jennifer he always just looks happy. Hmmmm.

Were Marlena and John hypothesizing that Stefano had locked them away? My television feed was really messed up and I couldn't hear who they were talking about.

Edited by DisneyBoy
22 minutes ago, DisneyBoy said:

I missed pretty much everything else but I did see Gabi running around the hospital throwing herself a major pity party. Look lady, you knew going into your relationship with Chad that it was highly unlikely he would be over Abigail. Don't act so surprised now that it fell apart. Just be grateful you two had a brief moment in time together and move on. I couldn't believe her when she said that she really thought Abigail and Dario's marriage was solid enough to justify her getting her hopes up about her future with Chad. What?! Revisionist history much?

I did feel a little badly for her looking on as her friends happily planned their four-way wedding, but at the same time I kind of question what Gabi's usefulness is on this show. She's the mother of Will's child and ShutUp! Rafe's sister. Other than that....?? If they don't plan on pairing her up with JJ again then I just don't see why she's hanging around.

Amen.  She needs to go.

10 minutes ago, Star Aristille said:

As long as she's here to annoy you, specifically, I'm fine with her being here.

And what have I ever done to you?  You might be joking, but I can't tell, and if you're not - that's awfully rude.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, DisneyBoy said:

Were Marlena and John hypothesizing that Stefano had locked them away? My television feed was really messed up and I couldn't hear who they were talking about.

Yes, because Stefano was the one who'd brought Hattie into their lives in the first place.  But John pointed out that Stefano abandoned Hattie at one point, and Hattie would never trust Stefano again.  So there was no way it could be Stefano who was behind it.

And during their hypothesizing, whose name should come up but Alex North?  What an eerie feeling that I mentioned him earlier this week, only to hear him get mentioned.  But as long as Wayne Northrop's not returning to the show, it's unlikely we'll see him again.

Today was the first time we were reminded of the decent side Bonnie could show occasionally.  The way she reamed Anjelica out for her plan hurting innocent people (like Lucas) took me back to the times that she demonstrated compassion and empathy for others during her first run on the show.

As for Anjelica . . . she's dead now?  Wow.  This should make for an interesting twist.  Interesting, because . . . I really wanna see what Hattie and Bonnie do without her around to call the shots.  Will they up their game to keep their covers?  Or get even sloppier?  My vote goes to the latter.

• Love 3

She is one of the few female in that age range that is not related to any of the men of that age range. She could be paired up with literally anyone except for Rafe.

• Love 1

I think Gabby is really pretty and wears the best clothes. Her acting ain't that great but you can't have everything. I think Drake Hoegeston should always wear white. He looks amazing in his white (straitjacket) with his silver hair. He looks amazing and makes you wonder why he was covering it up. I'm not too crazy about the double doppelgänger storyline but I did think Hall, Evans & Fairchild were very funny with their one liners. That said, I hope Anjelica is really dead. When I see Fairchild I feel like I'm watching a bad 80's soap opera. 

• Love 2

Kind of a waste bringing back the Anjelica character only to kill her.  This doppleganger story element for her character was Ron's idea..notice the sudden resolution in his first episode of her trying to ruin Adriennes newspaper then doing this stupid, illogical story.  If he truly wanted to do this plot..qhy not wait till Eileen agreed to come back then do it.  It was never in Anjelicas character in the past to do this.  Lazy writing.

• Love 4
32 minutes ago, nilyank said:

She is one of the few female in that age range that is not related to any of the men of that age range. She could be paired up with literally anyone except for Rafe.

She already has been.  I think the problem was Higley tried to stick her with and make an epic romance with the wrong one.  Chad already had a pairing that worked.  JJ/Gabi were just sitting there waiting for an actual story to be told for them, yet she had him cheat and then Gabi dropped him like a hot potato for Chad.  Eli/Gabi was used as angst for Chad/Gabi, then again had her drop him like a hot potato for Chad.  Now Ron has to start from scratch.  Both JJ and Eli seem to be all into Lani now, but I assume maybe Gabi will be worked back in there somehow.  

I used to really like Eric/Nicole, but knowing she's going and having the worthless Brady in the story is dragging it down for me.  I'm not sure I care anymore. 

• Love 4

How much are we allowed to say about future plots? I feel like someone here got livid at the mention of any spoilers. Yet now.... 

Kind of a waste bringing back the Anjelica character only to kill her.  This doppleganger story element for her character was Ron's idea..notice the sudden resolution in his first episode of her trying to ruin Adriennes newspaper then doing this stupid, illogical story.  If he truly wanted to do this plot..qhy not wait till Eileen agreed to come back then do it.  It was never in Anjelicas character in the past to do this.  Lazy writing.

Dena brought Anj in and Ron opted to write her out. He couldn't get Eileen back for the start of his run...and besides, how would either Kristen or Susan factor into Anj wanting Justin?

I'm cutting him some slack here until September because he's playing Clean-Up The Storylines.

I might have preferred Anj targeting the paper, in theory, because at least it would have actually been about the paper, which we rarely ever see or hear about...

...buuuut, this doppelganger stuff allowed for punchier dialogue. And Anj was so dull she desperately needed the dialogue to help her out. Poor Morgan. I doubt she gets many offers anymore and when she gets this, they write her out. Gotta hurt. But her delivery was dull.

It's amazing how wonky this plan was. Both Anj and Hattie could have just walked up to the men they wanted and tried their luck. The only one who remotely benefitted here was Bonnie, but Justin will throw her back in prison for this. 

Wouldn't Bonnie have been more than halfway done serving her time? She was locked up over ten years ago, right? Why risk everything escaping?

...why am I still trying to apply logic to this plot, LOL?

I just hope Hattie and Bonnie can find a big way to make up for all they've done. I don't want to see Hattie in jail again.

She already has been.

Exactly. Anyone other than JJ, who she loved first, would seem like a runner-up to Chad. She is pretty and wears nice clothes but...I don't care?

Edited by DisneyBoy
  • Love 5

Suck it up, G. Sniffles. I want to have some sympathy for her, and I'd really like the character to find a love story where she gets the guy. BUT, c'mon, stop crying all over town. One scene she discovers Chad and Abby are public, then tearfully discusses how much it hurts with Nicole only to decide to head straight in to see Abby. It's almost like she's a a glutton for emotional punishment. Stay away from the pain, girl. 

And Chad seems so dismissive. It's such a 180 from the previous regime. However, I'm happy the waffling seems to have ended, so I'm not exactly complaining. 

I did giggle today when Hattie was all, "I think your calling us stupid." You know they have to want to crack up at some of this.

I'll also say how pleasantly surprised I am by how supportive Jennifer is to Eric. She obviously had hoped to pursue something romantic with him, realized the time ain't right and is genuinely attempting to just be his friend. That's a nice little change of pace. 

• Love 4
3 hours ago, JAYJAY1979 said:

Anjelica was such a complex, fascinating character with a rich history with Jack and her son Alex.  I fear that we will never see him. This was the perfect time for his introduction via Anjelica. What a waste!  Rumor has it that the show was casting Alex, but, Dena got fired and those plans were scrapped..

Edited by Apprentice79
  • Love 3
1 minute ago, Apprentice79 said:

Anjelica was such a complex, fascinating character with a rich history with Jack and her son Alex.  I fear that we will never see him. This was the perfect time for his introduction via Anjelica. What a waste!

I think a better actress & not a 80's retread would have helped. That said, I did like Donna Mills on GH & RC wrote for her. Maybe, he wasn't a fan of Flamingo Road. LOL!!!! That was my least favorite of the prime time soaps. CBS was the best at them followed by ABC with Dynasty. NBC never had the touch with the prime time soaps. 

• Love 4

Yes, John, Hattie could have baked Roman a pie and tried her luck with him. That is a bit obvious. Roman may not want to date a woman who is a ringer for his former great love. He may find it odd. No harm in trying though.

Same for Angelica. Justin is single. All that convolution for what? The only person benefitting so far has been Bonnie.

Chad, it may have been the decent thing to do to talk to Gavi about remarrying your ex-wife. I don't know why you can't live together for 6 months or so first. Abs is still unstable.

Gabi, Chad may come back to you. He did you a favor. Let him play house with Abs til it falls apart again. And then you can say 'no'.

Paul and Sonny, a double wedding is not a good idea.

i like Jen and Eric as friends. Just wish for better hair.

John and Marlena, the whole Hattie thing started when Anj came back to town.

• Love 3

I'm not surprised that John and Marlena aren't connecting Hattie to Anjelica. There is no real known connection between the two and I'm not sure why Anjelica actually roped Hattie into this.

Bonnie I understand but was Hattie's purpose to help Anjelica with the Bonnie/Adrienne switch? 

Also are John and Marlena aware of Hope and Hattie's friendship? If not John hasn't seen Hattie in 15 years and Marlena hasn't seen here in 20 years. 

• Love 2
12 hours ago, ByaNose said:

So Ron is wrapping up new stories and his haven't aired yet? What story exactly are his? I'm a little slow on the writers gossip.

Technically all of this is "his"...but what it really is is his way of wrapping up the things that Dena put into motion.

He changed the reveal of Deimos' killer so that it's Nicole, he rewrote Anjelica's plan to include Bonnie as well as Hattie so that the storyline could be a bit more fun, and he introduced this idea of Marlena being kidnapped and John thinking she's upset with him for never being around. He's also writing the wrap-up to Tripp's revenge plot and getting Eric and Nicole close again and Brady and Lucas falling off the wagon.

I don't know if any of the scenes in the last few weeks were already shot before Dena left and therefore Ron was forced to use some of them in spite of his new rewrites, but we do know certain things have been cut. There were spoilers about Angelica and Kate getting into an "epic cat fight". That clearly was cut. And as was stated up thread, the show was going to cast Anjelica's son Alex and bring him into the show but now that isn't happening either.

It's possible that if Dena was still the showrunner that Tripp would still be out for revenge and Angelica would still be messing things up for Adrienne and the newspaper and John and Marlena would have no specific story.

I'm really hoping that some of the stuff that Ron is subtly setting up will continue to play out in the weeks to come. Just the fact that Hattie got to rip into John for being so absent delves deeper below the surface of Marlena and John's relationship than we've seen in years. And by having Hattie make some moves on Roman, Ron used that as a springboard for Roman to decide he wants to put himself back out there again, which in turn has lead to the fracture in Kate and Andre's relationship. I'm liking the domino effect of that. These are all simple emotional shifts for the characters and I hope we continue to see that kind of writing drive the narrative in the future.

• Love 2
7 hours ago, DisneyBoy said:

Technically all of this is "his"...but what it really is is his way of wrapping up the things that Dena put into motion.

He changed the reveal of Deimos' killer so that it's Nicole, he rewrote Anjelica's plan to include Bonnie as well as Hattie so that the storyline could be a bit more fun, and he introduced this idea of Marlena being kidnapped and John thinking she's upset with him for never being around. He's also writing the wrap-up to Tripp's revenge plot and getting Eric and Nicole close again and Brady and Lucas falling off the wagon.

I don't know if any of the scenes in the last few weeks were already shot before Dena left and therefore Ron was forced to use some of them in spite of his new rewrites, but we do know certain things have been cut. There were spoilers about Angelica and Kate getting into an "epic cat fight". That clearly was cut. And as was stated up thread, the show was going to cast Anjelica's son Alex and bring him into the show but now that isn't happening either.

It's possible that if Dena was still the showrunner that Tripp would still be out for revenge and Angelica would still be messing things up for Adrienne and the newspaper and John and Marlena would have no specific story.

I'm really hoping that some of the stuff that Ron is subtly setting up will continue to play out in the weeks to come. Just the fact that Hattie got to rip into John for being so absent delves deeper below the surface of Marlena and John's relationship than we've seen in years. And by having Hattie make some moves on Roman, Ron used that as a springboard for Roman to decide he wants to put himself back out there again, which in turn has lead to the fracture in Kate and Andre's relationship. I'm liking the domino effect of that. These are all simple emotional shifts for the characters and I hope we continue to see that kind of writing drive the narrative in the future.

Thanks for the info. Now, I don't have to read SOD. LOL!!!

• Love 1

I don't have a problem with Gabi's being upset about Chad and Abby--she feels hurt and disappointed and she knows she only has herself to blame and that makes it worse.  Let the girl grieve for an episode :)  Now if she pulls a Nicole and mentions the engagement everyday for months on end, then I'll agree she needs to suck it up.  I also think the actress playing Gabi is doing a good job--she's certainly better then Mansi or the chick playing Lani.

I'm also enjoying the potential of Tripp and Claire--they've both made mistakes in how they've dealt with their loved ones and I think they can mature into caring adults.  I like them :):)

• Love 10
On 8/23/2017 at 9:52 AM, Apprentice79 said:

Not to mention, Kate Mansi's awful faces that she made when she was simulating sex with EJ as Abby...She was an awful actress.  The show should have made Abby embrace her inherent nastiness and go for broke. They tried to make her into a heroine like Jennifer and Hope back when they were rootable heroines and they failed..

To this day Chad blames his brother 100%. He deserves half of the blame,  but I so wish Chad would find out the truth about how Abigail really acted even if he was fine with it.

• Love 2
17 hours ago, Apprentice79 said:

I am pissed that Ron wrote out Anjelica that way. He also wrote her out of character. She was never a cartoon villainess.Her unconditional love for Jack, to the point of blindness was always endearing. 

This rendition of Anjelica was horrible, because as you mentioned, she was never a cartoon villainess. And having Morgan Fairchild and her overly botoxed face portray her, made the expressionless responses to the cartoony scenes even worse.  And per the below picture, the 2 actresses are complete opposites. They don't even look slightly similar.  Bad casting. Bad writing. Bad idea.

Morgan-Fairchild-As-Anjelica.jpg

• Love 7

Would it really have been worth the effort to try and salvage Anj though? I think the casting was so off there was nowhere left to go.

To this day Chad blames his brother 100%. He deserves half of the blame,  but I so wish Chad would find out the truth about how Abigail really acted even if he was fine with it.

Oh agreed. They really skipped some interesting beats there. MM would feel more like Abby if they hadn't seemingly forgotten her, um, predatory nature.

• Love 1

Another week of Days...  more news breaks, interruptions, and press conferences.   I swear I have not seen a full episode of Days since Dump...  Trump was elected.  This week was storms, eclipse, and local nonsense, but still.

Friday's episode...  Gabi is breaking my heart.  She has grown into such a good actress, and just lovely.  Her talk with Sonny gave me a wee allergy attack.  Sniffle. 

100% completely and utterly over the doppelganger nonsense.  So now we have rape by proxy as a plotline again.  Fantastic!  Poor Lucas.  Thrown off the wagon and then sleeping with a stranger who he thinks is his love - all in the same week.  Good to see the new writers like BD.  P'tooey.

• Love 4
9 hours ago, DisneyBoy said:

Would it really have been worth the effort to try and salvage Anj though? I think the casting was so off there was nowhere left to go.

Yes, I believe so.  Anjelica was the mother of a legacy child Alex.  Anjelica trying to connect with her biological son, the child that she always wanted and had to give up could have been a good story.  Ron does not know how to write complex women like Anjelica. He only knows camp, camp, and more camp. Due to the characters coming back, it does not surprise me.

• Love 2
On 8/26/2017 at 0:09 PM, DisneyBoy said:

And as was stated up thread, the show was going to cast Anjelica's son Alex and bring him into the show but now that isn't happening either.

Someone from the show confirmed that they dumped bringing back Alex? I missed that.

• Love 1

So Carlivati's behind the "doubling" -- both Hattie and Bonnie come back to town; both Brady and Lucas fall off the wagon? I'm not impressed so far. And if there's one thing this show does not need, it's more campy storylines. The doppelgänger business was weak and, in my opinion, it was not redeemed by the one-liners or the dialogue in general.

• Love 4
44 minutes ago, Sandman said:

So Carlivati's behind the "doubling" -- both Hattie and Bonnie come back to town; both Brady and Lucas fall off the wagon? I'm not impressed so far. And if there's one thing this show does not need, it's more campy storylines. The doppelgänger business was weak and, in my opinion, it was not redeemed by the one-liners or the dialogue in general.

I totally agree, and I was very disappointed to see the "fall off the wagon" storylines.  They aren't entertaining, and they are very real for many people.  Let's keep both Brady and Lucas as success stories and move on to something way more soap opera worthy.

• Love 4

Damn, Valerie's dress is on fire!!!

Justin seems to be too willing to take Adrienne back without question.

I hope Brian Dattilo got paid for all of the scenes of him face down on the bed.  :)

Aaaaaand we get interrupted for a Trump speech.

• Love 5

The only saving grace of this show is the funny dialogue between some of the characters. Otherwise this show needs a whole hell of a lot of fixing. I think the actors are talking slower than usual to waste time between scenes. This show is still so bad.

• Love 1

If I were Ron..i would have ended the Anjelica and the loan call on for the newspaper..had her be upset and leave town.  Oddly...morgan did play a semi complex character on The City in the 90s...sarcastic with hints of human emotion.

• Love 2

Lucas will get a surprise when he wakes up. Hopefully Hattie will have wiped her prints clean.

Justin is taking 'Adrienne' back waaaay too fast.  And moving her in to the mansion - red flag. Don't think Adrienne really likes Victor's casa. Shouldn't they be in some sort of marriage counselling first? Why the sudden turnaround? He's a lawyer who should maybe think something is up.

Seems like half of Salem now knows that Raines may be a dirty cop. Good ol' Jump St. JJ. He certainly wouldn't make detective here unless he has at least 10 years  police experience. Unless Lani is off-duty, why would she go in to a bar in the middle of the day?

• Love 2

If I were Ron..i would have ended the Anjelica and the loan call on for the newspaper..had her be upset and leave town.

Perhaps it would have cost the show money to write her out immediately when Ron took over. She was signed to a contract of some sort. It also might have seemed insulting - first Corday allows Dena to hire Morgan for a special arc, then promptly allows Ron to fire her? Maybe he wrote a few episodes for her to appear in while giving more focus to Hattie snd Bonnie to save face and soften the blow.

As it is, they scrapped stuff with Morgan - the cat fight with Kate fir instance - so that was money out the window already.

This show is still so bad.

I agree it's not great. I'm going to give this another two months before I pass any judgement. Let's see how Ron handles things when all the ideas are his own.

I keep hoping the series can get back to being like it was in 2012 when I started tuning in again. The show had a good spirit and healthy vibe then.

Maybe if Ron can write to his actors' strengths and get help from Sherri delivering character-based arcs, it can feel compelling again.

I'm looking to Brady as an indicator of Ron's abilities. He's on a dark path and has some negative qualities the show can either gloss over or finally address. Where will he be in five months? Still the leading Man type with a white knight complex? Self lacking in self awareness?

Brady's going to be tricky to write for...but if Ron can use a gentle touch he could be great.

• Love 1

The only good thing about this show right now is that I can actually see and feel the changes. they're not great yet but they are slowly (but faster than I expected) fixing the shit storm that Dena orchestrated. I think by mid fall I will be happier with it all together. Things can't be fixed overnight.

• Love 2
2 hours ago, swtrgrl said:

The only good thing about this show right now is that I can actually see and feel the changes. they're not great yet but they are slowly (but faster than I expected) fixing the shit storm that Dena orchestrated. I think by mid fall I will be happier with it all together. Things can't be fixed overnight.

True, but, the show needs some money fast.  It looks cheap and  the sets  look like a play out of high school and people need homes. If Kern wants to save the show, he has to invest in it as well. 

• Love 3
On 2017-08-26 at 0:12 AM, Frozendiva said:

Same for Angelica. Justin is single. All that convolution for what? The only person benefitting so far has been Bonnie.

And Bonnie's "solution" to her little manslaughter problem is to stick the stiff in bed with hungover Lucas? Poor Lucas does not deserve to be made an accessory after the fact to manslaughter (or murder) by these two prize idiots. (Except I think Miss Piggy's probably not actually dead, and she'll come around eventually.) Edited to add: Especially since Mad Hattie's not a doctor. (Okay, I admit it: "I'm not a doctor, I just play one in Salem" did make me laugh. But I reserve the right to take it as an indirect admission that this whole plot is filled with stupid.)

Chad, it may have been the decent thing to do to talk to Gabi about remarrying your ex-wife. I don't know why you can't live together for 6 months or so first. Abs is still unstable.

Hell, she's not even out of her hospital bed yet. I do like the idea of Gabi letting Chad be for a few months until his dream life with Abigail unravels again, and then Gabi can cut him loose.

I have to admit, Chad and Sonny were kind of cute with their mutual best man pact and wedding planning nerdery. (Am I the only one who thinks that Sonny and Chad might make a better couple than either Sparkle and Sonny or Chad and Abigail? For one thing, they seem to genuinely like being around each other, except for when the plot requires them to turn on each other and swear undying familial revenge.) Billy Flynn clearly has fun being in "best friend mode" in his scenes with Freddie Smith, and Smith seems to lose the sheen of drippy earnestness Sparkle/Sonny scenes tend to bring out.

Edited by Sandman
  • Love 3
30 minutes ago, Apprentice79 said:

True, but, the show needs some money fast.  It looks cheap and  the sets  look like a play out of high school and people need homes. If Kern wants to save the show, he has to invest in it as well. 

I totally agree.  The sets are the worst...  And whatever happened to going outside??  They did that ridiculous beach scene with Brady awhile back, and that had been the first time anyone went outside in years.  They used to have an outdoor set!  And I remember Bo and Hope would be outside, with actual footage of a boat on real water...  Oh well, the good ol' days are gone, that's for sure.

• Love 3
19 minutes ago, Sandman said:

And Bonnie's "solution" to her little manslaughter problem is to stick the stiff in bed with hungover Lucas? Poor Lucas does not deserve to be made an accessory after the fact to manslaughter (or murder) by these two prize idiots. (Except I think Miss Piggy's probably not actually dead, and she'll come around eventually.)

Hell, she's not even out of her hospital bed yet. I do like the idea of Gabi letting Chad be for a few months until his dream life with Abigail unravels again, and then she can cut him loose.

I have to admit, Chad and Sonny were kind of cute with their mutual best man pact and wedding planning nerdery. (Am I the only one who thinks that Sonny and Chad might make a better couple than either Sparkle and Sonny or Chad and Abigail? For one thing, they seem to genuinely like being around each other, except for when the plot requires them to turn on each other and swear undying familial revenge.) Billy Flynn clearly has fun being in "best friend mode" in his scenes with Freddie Smith, and Smith seems to lose the sheen of drippy earnestness Sparkle/Sonny scenes tend to bring out.

Chad/Sonny always had a nice chemistry together much more than Sonny/Sparkle...Sonny and Sparkle have no chemistry. Freddie seems very uncomfortable with kissing Christopher.  Christopher is trying his best to inject a natural ease to their scenes, but, Freddie is not giving him much to work with...Freddie's acting has eroded, he is terrible now.

• Love 4
2 hours ago, Apprentice79 said:

Christopher is trying his best to inject a natural ease to their scenes, but, Freddie is not giving him much to work with...Freddie's acting has eroded, he is terrible now.

Hmm. I'm not sure it's all that one-sided.

• Love 3