Type keyword(s) to search

Current Plots Discussion: Actually Today's Episode

Message added by scarynikki12

Spoilers are not allowed in this thread. Period. Any posts that include spoilers (and casting information qualifies) will be removed. There are several other threads that allow spoilers so take that discussion to one of them.

• Start Topic

I really missed Peter Reckell today.  Galen Ghering is ridiculous and he is like nails on a blackboard to me.  Just yuck. In other yuck news, Josh Taylor.

I also enjoyed watching yesterday's episode again via "flashback."  Is it really a flashback if it happened yesterday?  VI covered in fake mud and blood- that was a bit amusing.  He must have needed a good shower after filming that.  {giggle}

I missed Steve today, and John, because they are more fun.  And yes, put Hope in Steve's orbit with John.  Hey, they can all take a trip to Stockholm! (and find Bo! Maybe?  He can't really be one of the only characters to actually stay dead, right???)

• Love 4

I thought they brought Aiden back to rehabilitate him.  Falsifying legal documents is not rehabilitation.  Plus now he's an accessory to a supposed murder.

The dick measuring competition between Aiden and Rafe is annoying.

Why do the police have Deimos's blood on file?

So is Roman now a document expert?

It was too dark to see whether Chloe looked pregnant.

• Love 3
1 hour ago, Revlonred said:

I really missed Peter Reckell today.  Galen Ghering is ridiculous and he is like nails on a blackboard to me.  Just yuck. In other yuck news, Josh Taylor.

I also enjoyed watching yesterday's episode again via "flashback."  Is it really a flashback if it happened yesterday?  VI covered in fake mud and blood- that was a bit amusing.  He must have needed a good shower after filming that.  {giggle}

I missed Steve today, and John, because they are more fun.  And yes, put Hope in Steve's orbit with John.  Hey, they can all take a trip to Stockholm! (and find Bo! Maybe?  He can't really be one of the only characters to actually stay dead, right???)

Great minds think alike..I love your post....

• Love 2
2 hours ago, LeftPhalange said:

I thought Kate was paying Aiden $250,000 not $200,000? 

Just caught the beginning of the episode so saw that scene and noticed Kate said $200,000 in 20's, the rest in 50's.

• Love 2

Where does Kate keep the cold, hard cash? In her mattress? Banks don't keep a lot of cash on-hand and any large amount needs to be ordered a few days in advance, well, at least the banks here.  I could see her having a stash of debit cards or some method of Apple Pay. She seems to be yapping up a storm, pinning whatever on Nicole. Granted, the Salem PD probably can't figure out she's projecting.

"Robert" will be very surprised (or not) that Chloe is Dr. Dan's first wife. Ooops.

In terms of Hope and Aiden, I don't know if they were ever legally married. She may have to divorce him or annul the marriage. Fraud grounds? Aiden really isn't responsible for Chase's actions and he would have to work very hard with his entire new family to get to any place where there can be a functioning family unit. Better off to divorce or annul and move to separate lives. Hope should go off on some adventures and have some fun and just stay away from the dismal male inhabitants of Salem.

• Love 1
23 hours ago, amish40 said:

This may be an unpopular opinion, but I don't mind the Nicole/Deimos/Kate situation as much as some. It's not very well thought out, but the three actors involved are all terrific.

This commune story, on the other hand.... can't end soon enough.

Add another seat at the unpopular opinion table!  The story is a disjointed mess, but AZ, LK and AZ are selling it the best they can.  I love all three of them, but especially the VI-AZ chemistry.  When Deimos mocked Nicole the other day with how pathetic her life with Dr. Tan would be - her making dinner and the two of them watching some idiotic dance competition on television - I seriously laughed out loud.  It will be pretty disappointing if he and Nicole don't end up together.  But really I'll take anything that keeps VI on my screen.  Y-U-M.

• Love 3
1 hour ago, annabel said:

The last 20-30 minutes here were all Louisville/Ali. Can someone please sum up briefly?

Deimos staggered out of the river and went to an auto repair place, where the guy there wanted to call 911, but he said no, he asked to use his phone.  He told the person on the other end of the line, "This is Robert, I need your help."  Next scene, Chloe showed up to help him.

Hope told Rafe that she wanted to give Aiden another chance, and then told Ciara that she wouldn't do it unless Ciara told her it was okay. Ciara said yes it was.

• Love 1

Well, I just don't know what to say anymore. I can't believe Hope accepted Aiden back into her life and I cannot wait until she finds out that it really WAS Aiden who was going to kill her on her wedding night. Poor Ciara is so smitten with Chad and slipping into Abigail's life that she can't even see straight. That's where your attention should be, Hope, for god's sake.

So glad Deimos is still around and that somehow Chloe is involved. Now that's a nice looking pair, right? But wasn't Deimos just released from prison -- if so, how did they have time to get involved? In Chicago? Oy, my head spins.

I hope this show picks up some slack -- I'm not sure I've ever been this exasperated with it.

• Love 3
(edited)

My impressions a few minutes in: The story is dreadful and awful and everything in between, but I could watch SN and MBE read a phone book to each other.  MB seems extra sparkly today, and I think it might be because she has dialed back the Steve hatred. SN, always sparkly.  They are still adorable together after all these years and somebody should write something fun, deep, and sexy for them.

edited to say that I'm uncomfortable watching this guy wave a gun around, threatening people.  I don't find it entertaining.  

Edited by Revlonred
  • Love 7

Given what happened this weekend in Orlando, NBC should have edited this out..This was so inappropriate on so many levels..This show has been so out of touch with what the viewers want, this is par for the course for them...

• Love 5

So I said I would likely tune out again after the Jennifer/Jack standalone episode.

Damn TPTB for sucking me back in (for a day anyway) for the Bope reunion and I wasn't even a huge Bope fan (I loved Carly/Bo and later, Billie/Bo and wanted Hope to stay dead LOL).

• Love 2
(edited)

Today's episode was brought you by Sleep! 

2dl1u9.gif

And thank you Steve (writers) for reminding us the Olympics are not too far away.   This show needs a few a weeks off to get its shit together in August. 

Edited by BlackMamba
(edited)
3 hours ago, Revlonred said:

edited to say that I'm uncomfortable watching this guy wave a gun around, threatening people.  I don't find it entertaining.  

2 hours ago, LeftPhalange said:

Yikes. NBC should've just aired a repeat today. 

2 hours ago, Revlonred said:

Yeah, that was just horrible.

2 hours ago, Apprentice79 said:

Given what happened this weekend in Orlando, NBC should have edited this out..This was so inappropriate on so many levels..This show has been so out of touch with what the viewers want, this is par for the course for them...

I agree with all of the above.

1 hour ago, BlackMamba said:

This show needs a few a weeks off to get its shit together in August. 

Optimist.

Edited by TigerLynx
  • Love 1

Extra hot?  You can order your coffee extra hot?

Why are Doug and Julie moving into the Horton house when they have their own B&B?

Jade is pretty worthless.  She's all tough girl till things go south.

"You've heard of the ISA?"  Um, no...

I want a job where I just lie on the floor and bleed.

Rory really did buff up, didn't he?

Mention of Tommy Horton.  Interesting.  I wonder why.

Jesus, Jade, shut up!

• Love 2

So Joey really is the biggest idiot that ever lived.  One minute he is talking about going home with his parents, and the next he's running back to the commune to rescue Jade.  Here's a thought Joey:  call the police and wait for them.  This probably all would have worked out better instead of pounding on the door not knowing what is happening on the other side.  Also, he whines through everything.  I've never heard so much whining and fussing as he did in the end.  Granted he was shot, but still that was a lot of loud bad acting he was doing there.

I agree with all who said this was horrible timing for an active shooter story given the tragedy in Orlando.

I am interested in how Chloe knows Deimos, that was very unexpected.  Has Nadia had her baby in real life yet?  She didn't look pregnant in the scene she was in.

Ugh, Rafe needs to give it up with Hope.  Just be friends, she will always put you in the "friend zone" if someone else is available.  Bo was her #1.  When he was gone, she went for Aidan.  Then Bo came back, now Aidan is back and she chooses him over Rafe.  Rafe, you are at best, a consolation prize for Hope.  If she goes back to you, it's because nobody better is in her view.  He would be a fool to keep hanging on for a chance with her.  he needs to give it up already.  But then again, Rafe is a fool...

• Love 4

Haven't watched for awhile - didn't know Aiden was back until I just now read it here.  Who was killed then?  How long has he been back on the scene?  Just those two questions, I promise.  

I watched today and I too couldn't believe they left that in today given what just happened - and, to turn into that plus is the son dead?  Gad.

5 hours ago, Apprentice79 said:

This is what happens when you tape six months in advance.  It makes course correction all but impossible.  The poor timing of this episode just highlights the never-ending series of poor plots that is weighing this show down. However, NBC needs to be held accountable for not knowing this particular episode would air today. It should have been pulled from rotation and a repeat aired in its place. At the very least, in light of this weekend's events, a string and lengthy disclaimer should have aired before the show began. 

Aside from the poor timing of this episode, we get proof that Joey's role as the intellectual equivalent of tumbleweed isn't going to end anytime soon.

• Love 6
2 hours ago, Lee4U said:

Haven't watched for awhile - didn't know Aiden was back until I just now read it here.  Who was killed then?  How long has he been back on the scene?  Just those two questions, I promise.  

I watched today and I too couldn't believe they left that in today given what just happened - and, to turn into that plus is the son dead?  Gad.

Andre didn't trust that the real Aiden would actually go through with killing Hope, so he brought in a look-alike and put Aiden into a cage for months until he was able to escape.

Yeah, I know.

• Love 1
8 hours ago, Apprentice79 said:

As someone who lives in central florida, today was hard to watch.  I wasn't even paying complete attention and it bothered me.

The timing for this episode was bad, no question, but I did feel as though it was a rather well written episode. And I did not mind Joey's cries of pain at the end. It bothers me much more when people on soaps are shot and then immediately die without a single tear or groan of pain (looking at you Clint!)

• Love 2

I think that trunk is big enough for Jen to stuff Julie's body in, which should happen after about 3 days of living with her.  

The standoff with the gunman seemed to take forever.  Too bad he didn't hit Joey in the head - nothing would have been damaged.  Patch and Kayla's next adventure needs to be searching to find their REAL son.

• Love 7

I liked Jennifer's dress.

Boes, you are right. The trunk would just fit Julie comfortably. :)

The rest of the show? Meh. Um, you don't get the trip to Mexico for taking hostages. Commune guy needs to watch a bit more TV. Rory, maybe you should hop a bus outta town.

• Love 1
(edited)

Today's episode was a bust because I couldn't care less what happens to Joey Johnson.  I enjoy Steve and Kayla together, but throw Joey in there and it just becomes a spoiled dish.  A paramecium has more going on upstairs than that dope.

I knew that beautiful Bo and Hope episode was a one-shot but boy did it make me long for the 90s (never watched it in the 80s but it looked great from clips I saw).  My husband said he can't wait for the Olympics and I said, "Me too! I won't have to watch Days!" He couldn't believe I force myself to watch garbage, ha ha! (And to be fair I can't wait to see what Simone Biles does in gymnastics.)

Edited by Polaris
  • Love 3
(edited)

I loved watching Kayla and Patch act their hearts out yesterday -- the way Steve had to hold Kayla back from running into the commune after Joey and his deft handling of Dirk (is there a more stupid name, do you think?) until the oafy cop burst in and ruined the moment were highly entertaining for me. But does this mean we get Jade back? Ugh.

I agree with everyone about the bad timing of this episode -- and yes, Days should have been more on the ball than that. I found it almost chilling when Julie said, "well, these days all we have to do is look at the news..." to see proof of people having a rough go of it. Kind of prescient there, Jules. I remember when Buffy's season finale (season 3, maybe?), full of high schoolers fighting back against the Big Bad, was not aired because of Columbine. I'd hate to think hate crimes like Orlando will become so commonplace for us that we just shrug it off. 

Edited by Lastwaltz
Correcting embarrassing misnomer. Evil is not the same as Bad, yikes.
  • Love 3

It was nice seeing the Rory plot continue...but if they meant for his punch to close out the subplot two weeks ago, why didn't they also show him walking away from JJ and Gabi's room? The cut was on JJ hitting the floor....so I was left wondering when we'd get back to that action. Sigh.

At least it sounds like we'll be seeing more of Roey going forward.

• Love 2

I guess this once again confirms that Sami is the smart one.  The Dimeras kept Roman, Marlena, Hope, Steve, Aiden, etc., caged/locked up/brainwashed for months or years.  However, Andre only managed to keep Sami for a few days before she escaped, and swiped the Dimera millions on her way out of town.

• Love 5

I knew Victor was going to screw Nicole over eventually, He played on her sympathy for Maggie in order to convince her to go along with this stupid plan and is now willing to let her take a murder rap with absolutely no remorse. I can't fully root for Deimos because of what he did to Maggie but I'm definitely not rooting for Victor and my sympathy for Nicole is limited since she knew what kind of people Victor and Kate are but still chose to go down this road. 

• Love 5

Is Chloe not living in Chicago?  Is anywhere in Chicago in the middle of nowhere?

Caroline the matchmaker is cute  :)

So they've re-established that Chloe is a singer. Does that mean she's going to be working with Philip on his music label?

"Don't do anything stupid."  Rafe, do you not know Nicole?

Dammit, Victor, way to throw Nicole under the bus.  Of course, all of these machinations will come to naught when Deimos resurfaces.

Damn, that Lisa chick was ... into it.

17 hours ago, boes said:

I think that trunk is big enough for Jen to stuff Julie's body in, which should happen after about 3 days of living with her.  

"Why is there singing coming from her trunk?"

"that car is making a noise like it has jazz hands" 

• Love 5

So they've re-established that Chloe is a singer. Does that mean she's going to be working with Philip on his music label?

I'm thinking yes, and probably mentoring Claire too. And probably making Belle jealous as well.

But who knows.  These Days intelligent, well-integrated plots are rare. 

2 hours ago, Rick Kitchen said:

Damn, that Lisa chick was ... into it.

I didn't see the show today, but if Lisa is the chick Philip hooked up with, according to the other forum, she is Billy Flynn's girlfriend/fiancee.

• Love 1
5 hours ago, LeftPhalange said:

I knew Victor was going to screw Nicole over eventually, He played on her sympathy for Maggie in order to convince her to go along with this stupid plan and is now willing to let her take a murder rap with absolutely no remorse. I can't fully root for Deimos because of what he did to Maggie but I'm definitely not rooting for Victor and my sympathy for Nicole is limited since she knew what kind of people Victor and Kate are but still chose to go down this road. 

Nicole is an idiot, and again I have to say, Sami, Kate, and Nicole are a lot of things, but brain dead stupid didn't used to be one of them.

1 hour ago, Petunia13 said:

"Why is there singing coming from her trunk?"

"that car is making a noise like it has jazz hands" 

Jenn is almost as annoying as Julie, I hope someone shoves both of them in a trunk, and ships them to another universe.

• Love 2
On 6/13/2016 at 2:48 PM, LadyJaney said:

So Joey really is the biggest idiot that ever lived.  One minute he is talking about going home with his parents, and the next he's running back to the commune to rescue Jade.  Here's a thought Joey:  call the police and wait for them.  This probably all would have worked out better instead of pounding on the door not knowing what is happening on the other side.  Also, he whines through everything.  I've never heard so much whining and fussing as he did in the end.  Granted he was shot, but still that was a lot of loud bad acting he was doing there.

There were a few good character moments in there for me... Joey not being able to leave Jade behind was pure Steve and Kayla, and I didn't hate the comparison they were trying to draw between Dirk's lack of options and second chances, and the second chance that Joey was trying so hard to throw away.  JLa is so uneven though that he's not very good at bringing that all across... and if that's what the story was trying to accomplish, surely there was a better way with all of the commune randoms.

I didn't care about one single storyline today.  Philip sure looked like a cold fish in bed.

2 hours ago, buffynut said:

I didn't see the show today, but if Lisa is the chick Philip hooked up with, according to the other forum, she is Billy Flynn's girlfriend/fiancee.

Damn, Billy Flynn's fiancee was really ... into it.

Chicago is a big city. Chloe is living in the middle of nowhere? Some suburb? A commuter town? The place looked expensive. She must be making good money singing or giving singing lessons or her rich parents helped her out. If Deimos did check her out, he surely knows about the Tan Man. She should wait til he falls asleep, lock the door, and go to another room, and call the cops!

Nicole, why didn't you record your conversation with Victor? After all these years... Surely someone can check Kate's bank records about a recent cash withdrawal, or a series of them.

Didn't care about Philip, Belle, or Shawn.

• Love 2
1 hour ago, Frozendiva said:

Chicago is a big city. Chloe is living in the middle of nowhere?

I thought the same thing.  She can't be living in the city if a heavy rain would isolate her.  But then again, this IS Chloe....

Actually, I thought today was pretty good, all things considered.  NOT John Paul Lumpaleer, obviously.  But Show kept my interest.

The lighting sure looked better today.  

I liked the Chloe/Deimos scenes.  NB wasn't bad today, not bad at all.  After her last few visits I wasn't looking forward to seeing her again, but, like Brandon Beemer, not bad.

For the first time since her reappearance I didn't mind Belle today either.  It's most likely due to her sharing scenes with Brandon and Caroline, but her whine was dialed way down.  I still can't get over how much he's improved his acting skills.

I enjoyed Victor, too.  Notice, I didn't say I LIKED Victor.  He's over his funny old man period and back to his snake in the grass true personality.  His cold-hearted conversation with Kate and his willingness - almost glee, at, as he said, "seeing Nicole fry" or letting Kate do the same was good to watch just because the actors involved are good.  Of course, none of that will happen since Deimos isn't dead, and I devoutly hope Victor gets a well-deserved comeuppance from Nicole.  I'd love to see that.

Then there's Philip.  John Paul Lumpaleer has all the screen presence and aura of Joey Heatherton at her finest.   I sure hope he keeps practicing the line, "Do you want fries with that" for his next job.

• Love 4

Why is it two days now and nothing of Joey being shot?  Very very weird. (Not that I care about him, but I miss S&K.)

It must be said often; VI is hotter than hot. (And he looks younger than JPL.  Like, significantly younger.)

• Love 5
1 hour ago, Revlonred said:

Why is it two days now and nothing of Joey being shot?  Very very weird. (Not that I care about him, but I miss S&K.)

I was just coming here to post the same complaint. It's so hard to care about this show when they never seem to pick up from cliffhangers the next day!

• Love 4

I usually like Victor and his snarky remarks but today he was such a bastard. I wonder if Maggie will find out what he's done to Nicole.

• Love 4

Another scene so dark as to make it impossible to see what's going on. What was Kate doing?  I saw her dip a handkerchief in the river (so we saw the river, it wasn't a cliff), but then what?

I don't know why they decided to do an emergency alert system test IN THE MIDDLE OF THE FREAKING SHOW!!!

Remember that.  Deimos says he has no children.  I'm sure that will change sometime in the future.

What was Blanca doing from the time she was introduced until her room was made up?  And how many bedrooms are there in Rafe's home?  It's starting to expand like the Snyder farmhouse on ATWT.

How late are the prisoners wherever Andre is locked away allowed to have phone access, if Bianca and Hope just went to bed?

• Love 2