Type keyword(s) to search

Current Plots Discussion: Actually Today's Episode

Message added by scarynikki12

Spoilers are not allowed in this thread. Period. Any posts that include spoilers (and casting information qualifies) will be removed. There are several other threads that allow spoilers so take that discussion to one of them.

• Start Topic

Watching the sheer gorgeousness of Nicole, Theresa and Gabi sharing some scenes just being beautiful and interesting and I'm damn near blinded, but then we got to see the weirdly unattractive Abby getting to be the center of attention and I just rolled my eyes at how stupid and clueless this show is.  Come on Ben--make me proud :)

I don't even think KM is ugly but I really need for the writers to stop acting like she's the most beautiful woman  in the history of the world. EJ was with Sami and Nicole but I'm supposed to believe he would be all gaga over little girl Failure. Nope.

• Love 6

I was not around for early Days, so didn't know how evil Victor was until the past was discussed re Kimberly and Shane.  So I feel the same way now about Victor as I did Stefano.  Somehow he has more respectability.  He's like the Victor Newman of Salem, where his friends and family all just gloss over his various indiscretions.  But sending your 20 year old brother to prison for a crime he likely committed?  And he's the one who is pissed off?  It's outrageous.  And I love VI so he can hang around Salem and stick it to Victor as much as he wants.  I just hope he stops playing solitaire with those photos he has.

was around for the early Victor days, and though I don't remember everything he did, I do remember he was in the same league as Stefano.  Perhaps Stefano did more outrageous things, but Victor was bad too, which was why it was such a big storyline with it turned out he was Bo's father.  Victor was the bad guy - the Bradys good guys.   In fact, I think it wasn't until Isabella showed up that we even saw a glimpse of a soft-hearted Victor.  My memories could be wrong, so anyone feel free to add to or correct any incorrect memories. :)

I stopped watching in the early/mid 90's and only came back to the show in summer 2014, so I obviously missed a lot.  But I still can't get that Maggie married Victor.  Especially now that they are bringing the original version of Victor back.  Although I DO NOT want a triangle between them, I think Caroline would be a much better wife for Victor.  She has that edge that Maggie doesn't have. I think Show made an error not getting them together after Shawn died.

Back to present Days, I am really enjoying Deimos.  I'd never seen the actor before, so it's a pleasant surprise. The fact that he's ruggedly handsome doesn't hurt.  :)  

Whatever. I'm glad to hear that Paul called Sonny. Any Sonny mention is good by me. I hope he comes back and he and Paul hook up for real this time. I never liked Will.

I never liked Will either, but I also only ever saw the last version of Will, and I don't know what they could have done to make his less likable.  That said, I still thought killing him off was lame and nothing more than a cheap stunt. 

• Love 3

Team Deimos! 

Deimos and Kate are laying in bed. They talk Victor. Victor was the favorite son and that Deimos was the black sheep.

Deimos was an embryo.  These two are at least a generation apart in age. I feel like the show is trying to pretend that they are contemporaries and grew up and were raised together somehow. Victor was likely a grown ass man by the time that Deimos came into the family, so it all seems a bit weird and off to me the story they are trying to peddle.

Kate the town welcome mat. Well at least I can take comfort that Deimos is a man worthy of lying flat for as opposed to Cletus the Slack Jawed Yokel aka Clyde. 

You know I used to liken Maggie to the Easter Bunny, mostly because the color of her hair and her clothing choices just reminded me of that holiday. Now it appears she is more like an Easter Bunny than I thought - laying secret eggs every damn where. This latest one appears to be both rotten and scrambled. I hate this storyline. I already was not a fan of Brady but now I've got extra reasons to not like his dumb ass. I want to know why this show thinks Brady is always worthy of frontburner story and a constant rotation of love interests while Lucas is so far on the backburner, he isn't even located on the stovetop anymore. 

If there is one thing to be glad about with Summer's eve story is that I am glad that Brady stuck around to see the results. I was afraid he would leave, she would open them and see they were negative and than doctor the papers. Although, come to think of it that might be a better story because at least than Maggie wouldn't have another egg baby and Summer could be drummed out of town after the reveal. This way we are stuck with her. 

Yeah! The Dimera living room and front entry. Although, I know the only reason we are getting it is because of the upcoming nuptials. 

What the hell is hair and makeup doing to Abby. I don't understand the point of putting all kinds of waves in her hair and not curling the ends. That is what makes it look terrible.

The actress playing Claire is a real natural on screen. 

I like the actress who plays Ciara but she reminds me of my feelings about Rafe his 1st year on the show. Liked him, wanted him to succeed but I just needed more emotional resonance from him and less flat effect delivery. Just so damn flat. Felt like I was watching a stoner whose lifetime of chronic marijuana use deadened his emotions. I can see she is trying and she has improved somewhat but those revelation scenes with Claire should've had more impact than they did and that is mostly due to her. 

Did anyone notice that Hope was wearing 2 different earrings during the Stefano 'wake'? I was driving me batty. The different colored nail polish is one thing (which, why? Never got nor cared for that trend) but if she is gonna walk around with mix matched accessories that is just a bridge too far for me. 

Are Chase and Andre living in an abandoned mine shaft?

• Love 4

I never liked Will either, but I also only ever saw the last version of Will, and I don't know what they could have done to make his less likable.  That said, I still thought killing him off was lame and nothing more than a cheap stunt. 

There was nothing about that version of Will TO like. You should find clips of the whole coming out storyline w/Chandler.You might have a better understanding of  how upset we were beyond the stunt murder. 

• Love 5
(edited)

The highlight of today's episode?  Proof positive that Abby has zero respect for anyone who doesn't give her whatever she wants or tells her exactly what she wants to hear.  Dear sweet Abby was actually hateful to her mom today and I was grinning like a loon every time Jenn mentioned how horrible and dark and creepy the DiMera mansion was and how she can't stand the thought of Abs living somewhere with so much evil in it.  Thank the GODS for someone finally deflating Abs smugness--GO JENN!!

Now we just need Ben to show up and really ruin the princess' day :):)

Edited by kitmerlot1213
  • Love 12
(edited)

Deimos was an embryo.  These two are at least a generation apart in age. I feel like the show is trying to pretend that they are contemporaries and grew up and were raised together somehow. Victor was likely a grown ass man by the time that Deimos came into the family, so it all seems a bit weird and off to me the story they are trying to peddle.

Very true.  I was also thinking today how seamlessly Deimos has re-emerged into the world after serving 30 years in prison for murder.  He was only 20 when he went to prison, so barely out of his teens.  So he has no experience in the world as an adult.  Except for his hatred towards his dear brother, he seems pretty well adjusted.  Must have had good councilors in that prison.

Did anyone notice that Hope was wearing 2 different earrings during the Stefano 'wake'? I was driving me batty. The different colored nail polish is one thing (which, why? Never got nor cared for that trend) but if she is gonna walk around with mix matched accessories that is just a bridge too far for me.

I didn't notice it myself, but I saw a Twitter query to KA asking if it was intentional or a mistake. She replied intentional.  Guess free advertising for her jewelry line. 

What the hell is that Kayla outfit? Sexy not really sexy pilgrim?

Saw pics of that on Twitter months ago and wondered when we'd eventually see her wearing it.

There was nothing about that version of Will TO like. You should find clips of the whole coming out storyline w/Chandler.You might have a better understanding of  how upset we were beyond the stunt murder

I did watch some clips a while back, but that Will was new-to-me too, so it was hard to form an opinion, good or bad.

Edited by buffynut
  • Love 1

This was driving me crazy as well.  John Aniston (82) is 26 years old than Vincent Irizarry (56) IRL.  I'm assuming that's about right for the show, too.  So if Deimos was put in prison for 30 years at age 26, Victor was already 52.  I think this backstory took place right before Victor came to Salem, and that jibes with him being about 52 or so when he first appeared on Days.  So Victor absolutely was a grown-ass man both when Deimos was born and when he had him thrown in prison for some prime years of life.  This story makes Victor even more cruel, petty and vindictive than before.

Kate the town welcome mat. Well at least I can take comfort that Deimos is a man worthy of lying flat for as opposed to Cletus the Slack Jawed Yokel aka Clyde.

I always love a Simpsons reference!  Sing it now . . .

• Love 5

Observation time

Abifail is freakin out. Jenn was out the door. Jenn is annoyed Abifail will be living in Dimera Manor. Abifail and Jennifer are going at it about the history and decor of Dimera Manor (Even the characters knows this place need a fucking upgrade

• Love 1

You know I used to liken Maggie to the Easter Bunny, mostly because the color of her hair and her clothing choices just reminded me of that holiday. Now it appears she is more like an Easter Bunny than I thought - laying secret eggs every damn where. This latest one appears to be both rotten and scrambled. I hate this storyline. I already was not a fan of Brady but now I've got extra reasons to not like his dumb ass. I want to know why this show thinks Brady is always worthy of frontburner story and a constant rotation of love interests while Lucas is so far on the backburner, he isn't even located on the stovetop anymore. 

This! And, I miss Lucus :-(

And as far as Eric is concerned...he was supposed to be the GOOD twin. A little dim, but good and kind hearted. And they brought him back to have him raped, go through emotional trauma and addiction. And then have him do something that he totally regrets and is eating away at him. And they are sending HIM to prison. And how much crap and violence and illegal activity has Sami gotten away with in the last 20 years?

• Love 2

And as far as Eric is concerned...he was supposed to be the GOOD twin. A little dim, but good and kind hearted. And they brought him back to have him raped, go through emotional trauma and addiction. And then have him do something that he totally regrets and is eating away at him. And they are sending HIM to prison. And how much crap and violence and illegal activity has Sami gotten away with in the last 20 years?

Not just Sami.  Look at everyone who has just recently committed a crime (including murders) or helped covered it up and will apparently not be going to prison. That's what makes Eric having to go to prison for up to 14 years seem really ridiculous.  

• Love 4

Are Chase and Andre living in an abandoned mine shaft?

Andre is living in a jail cell.  Chase just wanders around.

Why is Kayla dressed as a nun?

Yeah, that fortress that's going to keep Abigail safe let Hope walk in to shoot and kill Stefano.

When did Gabi suddenly start talking Spanish when she was upset?

"You're a thief".  LOL

(edited)

Andre is living in a jail cell. Chase just wanders around.

Yeah, that fortress that's going to keep Abigail safe let Hope walk in to shoot and kill Stefano.

Unfortunately she'd never do that to Abby.

It's called "code switching" and in very common in bilingual families and with people of color. My mom does it when she's upset as well. I also talk differently with her or my friends vs everywhere else.

Edited by Petunia13
  • Love 4
(edited)
Why is Kayla dressed as a nun?

Maybe to make her sexual insecurity about Ava seem remotely plausible.  I doubt there was anything in that video she hasn't done.

IDK why she and Steve spent so much time talking about that, though, when their murderous son is lurking around. 

Edited by lska

If they won't kill off Failure maybe Ben will cause her to go crazy and be committed forever.

It would only be fair, considering what she's done to my sanity.

• Love 5

Chad that "fortress " of safety allowed Hope to walk in pretty easily to kill Stefano so I wouldn't go bragging about it. I love Jennifer expressing her opinion about the dreary Dimera mansion but is this her talking or the pills making her more outspoken? Am I cheering on regular Jen or pill popping Jen? Either way is fine.

Ava's creepy Steve wall shrine was something. I mean Ava was crazy but mostly I think why Steve? Lol. He's attractive but this obsession has always puzzled me.

• Love 4

Kayla -- If you are doubting moving forward with Steve, do not allow him to sweet-talk/guilt you into changing your mind. That doubt is the part of you that knows best trying to tell you what you don't necessarily want to hear, but that which you know in your heart is true -- Steve has yet to prove himself worthy of your time, let alone your love and trust.

Kayla -- If you are doubting moving forward with Steve, do not allow your pea-brained, smothering son to manipulate/guilt you into staying with his father. When he is either out of the house in two years or serving the prison term he so rightfully deserves, you'll be stuck with the decision he is pushing you to make. Don't forget that your son is the genius who teamed up with Ava and helped get you into this mess.

Steve -- When Kayla is letting you know what she thinks of you and the crap you consistently bring into her life, you never have the right to tell her it's not the time. Whenever she wants to let you know about yourself, it is the time. You, who are living in her house (she could have booted you, thus making your BS self-defense story look shady as all get out to any jury with a functioning brain), have brought and emboldened yet another psycho b***h into her life who was intent on doing her bodily harm (hell this one even murdered her father). Just cause you don't want to be held accountable for the ish you do to her, doesn't mean you shouldn't be. Kayla is the victim in this whole mess; she's been victimized by you, by the dopey son she has with you and by horrid skank whose beside you cried by as your then pregnant wife begged you not to continue seeing her, but then, you love Kayla oh so much.

Joey -- You are a pea-brained, smothering, moronic murderer, STFU when it comes to trying to saddle your mother with your equally idiotic father, and try to hold a thought in your head long enough before you are off to your next kill.

Deimos -- You are everything a villain and a leading man should be, rock on.

John -- Glad you are being given something to do, you deserve your standing as a long-lived leading man.

Eduardo -- I love you A. but when your character isn't on screen, I never think about you or wonder what's up with you.

Rafe -- STFU you self-righteous, moralizing, corrupt, murder covering up, framing of an innocent man cop. You have no moral authority over a rat.

Chad -- you can, and hopefully will be doing better sooner rather than later.

Abigail -- I just can't with you.

• Love 8

It's called "code switching" and in very common in bilingual families and with people of color. My mom does it when she's upset as well. I also talk differently with her or my friends vs everywhere else.

Yeah, but Gabi has never shown us that behavior before.

• Love 3

Ava's obsession wall certainly came out of nowhere and seemed a bit convenient.

Kayla, you're an adult woman. Know that talk is cheap and that Steve's actions are what really matters. Your insecurity about your sex life with Steve is weird and out of character. You got whatever prize Steve currently is. Not Ava.

Abigail, it's not always all about *you*, *you* and *you*. What is the rush to get married? So Chad won't see that you turn in to a pumpkin at midnight?  That your glass slipper won't fit your oversized foot? Your recent love of your life (til you meet the next one) ex has escaped from his mental institution. Life may be better there for him.  Having a grand rushed wedding at this point makes you very insecure. Chad, look at your fiancée, really. You can be co-parents without marriage. Maybe somewhere down the line when both of you know what love really is. Which may take a loooong time.

• Love 4

I  liked today's show - and what I didn't like, I enjoyed disliking.  But when Show gives me JJ in cop mode I can't help but be happy.  Since Show did this, he's been so much less of a wuss, not only with his mother and that horror of a sister, but with  everyone.  I was sure Show would have Chad convince him to keep quiet so Abby could have "the wedding of her dreams" - Damn, Chad, you really ARE an idiot around her - but JJ actually did the right thing.  What a concept in Salem these days.

And then back at the station and later with Gabi, very good IMO.  Even the short contrast with his behavior and Rafe's showed JJ being the more mature man.  Not that maturity and Rafe are two words I'd ever use together anyway.

John -- Glad you are being given something to do, you deserve your standing as a long-lived leading man.

Eduardo -- I love you A. but when your character isn't on screen, I never think about you or wonder what's up with you.

Rafe -- STFU you self-righteous, moralizing, corrupt, murder covering up, framing of an innocent man cop. You have no moral authority over a rat.

Chad -- you can, and hopefully will be doing better sooner rather than later.

Abigail -- I just can't with you.

I love this list!  VI is really bringing it IMO.  Even that scene yesterday where he got too rough with Kate - I turned away, thinking, "again, Show, really?" and then it got shut down.  I wish it hadn't happened at all, but at least he actually HEARD Kate, at least he pulled back.  If he hadn't I was ready for Kate to gut him like a fish.  Today with Jawn, he was great.  Deimos is a force to be reckoned with, and I'm hoping he's going to be genuine gray character, not completely evil, but perhaps becoming more human after being in prison for 30 years.  Victor is the one who looks bad here, at least worst than Deimos does IMO.

I can take Jawn in tough guy mode as long as it doesn't go on too long.  The bad hair dye doesn't help, just reminds me that he's more suited long term to an Activia commercial than jumping tall buildings in a single bound.  But he's easier to take in action mode when he's not talking so much.

Love me some A. Martinez, but like you, I completely forget about him when he's not onscreen.

Abigail, it's not always all about *you*, *you* and *you*. What is the rush to get married? So Chad won't see that you turn in to a pumpkin at midnight?  That your glass slipper won't fit your oversized foot? Your recent love of your life (til you meet the next one) ex has escaped from his mental institution. Life may be better there for him.  Having a grand rushed wedding at this point makes you very insecure. Chad, look at your fiancée, really. You can be co-parents without marriage. Maybe somewhere down the line when both of you know what love really is. Which may take a loooong time.

I guess Show wanted us to focus more on Jenn being high than on Abby's usual whine because she's not getting her way, or people aren't saying what she wants to hear or saying it the way she wants to hear but GOOD LORD I hope Ben takes her with him - or, a.. cough, cough...'different solution'.  She is so damned unpleasant ALL THE TIME.

She made this huge friggin' scene about her wedding, she made it clear for a while how she didn't want to live in the Dimera mansion to anyone who would listen, and now that she's changed her mind she's nasty to Chad about the stupid wedding and to her mom about the mansion?  

I'm only surprised Jenn has been toking weed and doing X since Abigail started doing her kangaroo hop around Salem, jumping from one guy to the next and whining about them at the same time.

A more unpleasant character in Salem I really can't think of, at least not one who Show thinks we should love.

I'd love her if she was simmered in stock and served on a bed of rice.

• Love 7

Deimos - I totally agree.  I hope Show keeps him.

John - I'll always love me some John Black :)

Eduardo - I didn't like him when he first showed up all mournful over Paige's murder, but after that initial overkill of too many scenes in too few days, I've grown to like him, and like the current storyline with him and John.

Guess no one told the new writer's that. :)

I  liked today's show - and what I didn't like, I enjoyed disliking.  But when Show gives me JJ in cop mode I can't help but be happy.  Since Show did this, he's been so much less of a wuss, not only with his mother and that horror of a sister, but with  everyone.  I was sure Show would have Chad convince him to keep quiet so Abby could have "the wedding of her dreams" - Damn, Chad, you really ARE an idiot around her - but JJ actually did the right thing.  What a concept in Salem these days.

And then back at the station and later with Gabi, very good IMO.  Even the short contrast with his behavior and Rafe's showed JJ being the more mature man.  Not that maturity and Rafe are two words I'd ever use together anyway.

I'm also loving JJ in cop mode.  He is such a more interesting character now that Paige and Eve are out of his life.  And unlike most fans, I liked Paige.

• Love 2
(edited)

Yes, she has. The first time was when Dario first appeared back in 2011 or so. She was yelling at Faux-Rafe and Dario back and forth.

It's rare for her but she's done it a couple times. 

Edited by swtrgrl
  • Love 4
(edited)

Wait -- what? I think I must've been misreading something -- or a lot -- because I've been thinking that Panic's father was the one Victor put in jail all those years ago, and that Victor and Papa of Panic must be brothers. But Victor is supposed to have a brother who is a generation or more younger than he?

Even for these "writers," that's a new low.

ETA: Hey, Panic's going to turn out to be John's father, isn't he?

Edited by Sandman

Yes, she has. The first time was when Dario first appeared back in 2011 or so. She was yelling at Faux-Rafe and Dario back and forth.

It's rare for her but she's done it a couple times. 

I think she did it two or three times during the throw Nick in the river story, too. 

Wait -- what? I think I must've been misreading something -- or a lot -- because I've been thinking that Panic's father was the one Victor put in jail all those years ago, and that Victor and Papa of Panic must be brothers. But Victor is supposed to have a brother who is a generation or more younger than he?

Yep, Deimos is Victor's half brother.  I'm not sure if they've mentioned who his mother is, though.

• Love 1

Here's the thing, I have no problem with watching TV shows with zero storyline reality--it makes me smile to watch shows where the female characters routinely beat up men (Buffy, Xena, Alias, Supergirl, Blindspot)--so I'm okay with watching Hope set up Andre for a murder she committed.  It's delicious irony to me and adds to the drama.  I'm also okay with Claire, Theo and Joey banding together to bring some street justice to Chase--I'm sure there will be angst aplenty but it should be entertaining.

I prefer to watch that then Belle and Phillip debasing themselves for their "epic" love or Summer being yet another of Maggie's unknown children.

• Love 4

Steve going down to find the shine took me back to when I played Sierra games back in the 90s. The Colonel's Bequest was one such and the setting was perfect. Basically, there's this part well into the game... it's a murder mystery. One of those 'trapped on an island and people start getting killed' situations. Anyway, you find a secret passage and go down with only a lamp to light your way... into this part of the basement that was blocked off from the other side. You get down there and... there's something in the corner... you move closer and the light of the lantern shines more and more into this dark corner until it's illuminated and you see a pile of bodies! Everyone who had been murdered through the course of the night and then subsequently disappeared when you tried to show someone else that shit was not right was there in this pile.

It was only EGA grapics, too, but it was one of the creepiest things I can remember coming across in a game. The atmosphere was perfect. So, yeah, Steve finding the shrine after finding the secret door with the snake and the keyhole (also took me back to a different 90s Sierra game Gabriel Knight which was awesome) and then only seeing bits and pieces of this mass of stuff because he could only see small parts of it at a time. Yeah, that really worked for me.

As for Kayla's Uptight Librarian outfit... I actually thought it was stylish in it's severity. She wore it well. I guess I sort of understand the reasoning behind her feeling less than great compared to Ava's 'edginess' but I also thought that Steve's speech about her loving him and letting him kiss her for the first time was the most exciting thing that ever happened to him was really really sweet. It's just that this aspect of the story is the weakest. They set up this whole coercion thing in a way to basically have their cake and eat it, too. "Steve doesn't have a choice! But we're going to have him actively participate in the sex so there's enough leeway to make people question it!"

The thing is, the shrine pretty much makes it obvious that Ava had extremely dark motives... and was not going to rest until she had killed Kayla. But man... that bitch put a lot of work into all of this, didn't she? Taping sex, editing it so the part about her dangling Kayla's life in front of Steve is not a part of that...  but, yeah, having the phone or whatever set up to tape all the sex in the first place? Um... yeah. Then having this building handy so she can have a shrine right there where she stashes Kayla in the first place? And that's not even getting into the whole blood patch thing to fake leukemia in the first place. "Let's see... how can I make this plan the most ridiculous, convoluted thing possible? I'm going to have to work on this..."

Then there's Joey and I know I should be concerned about him. I kind of am but mainly because this kid got screwed with by a villain that was amped up to god-like scheme/manipulation levels by the writers to be uncombattable. At the same time, she was so vile I don't feel bad that she was murdered in a hospitable bed by the kid she manipulated so viciously. Talk about your chickens coming home to roost!

Is this going to be another situation where the truth comes out but Roman's all "Oh for fuck's sake! Whatever!!" Can Justin get a gander at the crazy ass shrine, find out about Joey's being manipulated and just go 'Bitch was psychotic. Joey... don't kill anyone for a year, okay? And maybe go to AA for a few episodes to control this rage drinking you've started? Damn... where'd Eve go? At least when she was around I got to make out a little bit here and there.' (That last part is me. I don't care. I miss Justin and Eve because they were cute. Stop judging me.)

• Love 10
(edited)

Short observation today focusing mostly on the teens...

I'm not totally feeling how the teens are handling this rape. I get the show needed the teens to have a dramatic story to show they can act, I'm just not liking the route.

I would had whether for something soapy where Ciara told her mother the truth, her feeling some sense of empowerment and relief of her telling and maybe Theo/Joey find Chase and beat his ass before he gets arrested, which would be more ol'school Days.

All this, let's kidnap Chase and tie him up in a warehouse like this is a cheap knock off of Reservoir Dogs, uhh, no. Still on the positive front, I'm glad this won't be dragged out much longer.

Edited by BlackMamba
  • Love 5

Maybe they shouldn't have had Joey help kidnap and hold someone hostage two weeks after he murdered someone. I don't really care about Chase anymore but this still isn't a good look for Joey. 

Belle is a nasty piece of shit. 

• Love 10

Damn, Theo gets protective.  Go, Theo!

Wow, Belle, sort of condescending towards the Bradys, aren't you?

Dammit, Victor, unbend once in a while.  Phillip is trying to reach out to you. Was that a Victor thug or a Deimos thug who hit Phillip?

Gee, Joey, you just killed somebody.  You may want to lie low, hm?

Yay, Theresa.  Give Brady a modicum of sense.  Note that I said a modicum, it's too much to ask that he become smart.

• Love 2

Every time we're treated to the Teen Scene Players, I have to consciously think about who each character is and who their parents are and their family connections. It's so not flowing naturally for me, particularly Ciara who spits out each line like she's trying to fling out a tonsil or something.

But it did get me thinking...she would be Claire's aunty, yes? 

• Love 1

Every time we're treated to the Teen Scene Players, I have to consciously think about who each character is and who their parents are and their family connections. It's so not flowing naturally for me, particularly Ciara who spits out each line like she's trying to fling out a tonsil or something.

That would be correct.

I was trying to figure out how Claire and Ciara were related to Joey, and got confused.

• Love 3

Is this going to be another situation where the truth comes out but Roman's all "Oh for fuck's sake! Whatever!!" Can Justin get a gander at the crazy ass shrine, find out about Joey's being manipulated and just go 'Bitch was psychotic. Joey... don't kill anyone for a year, okay? And maybe go to AA for a few episodes to control this rage drinking you've started? Damn... where'd Eve go? At least when she was around I got to make out a little bit here and there.' (That last part is me. I don't care. I miss Justin and Eve because they were cute. Stop judging me.)

No judging from me, I miss her too.  Now she's just ...... where, exactly?  

• Love 4

Claire apparently abandoned her in New York and she never found her way back.

New York has a stronger sense of morality at its core than Salem does. Also, better food and theater.

• Love 2

Did they say where Ava's steel-enclosed shrine to Steve was located?

Steve going down to find the shine took me back to when I played Sierra games back in the 90s. The Colonel's Bequest was one such and the setting was perfect.

I'm so going to look for this game!  I keep an ancient HP with Windows 98 for just these occasions.

• Love 1

I was trying to figure out how Claire and Ciara were related to Joey, and got confused.

Ciara and Joey are cousins. There's probably some sort of once-removed thing between Joey and Claire, since Claire's grandfather is Joey's uncle.

1) As for Kayla's Uptight Librarian outfit... I actually thought it was stylish in it's severity. She wore it well. I guess I sort of understand the reasoning behind her feeling less than great compared to Ava's 'edginess' but I also thought that Steve's speech about her loving him and letting him kiss her for the first time was the most exciting thing that ever happened to him was really really sweet. It's just that this aspect of the story is the weakest. They set up this whole coercion thing in a way to basically have their cake and eat it, too. "Steve doesn't have a choice! But we're going to have him actively participate in the sex so there's enough leeway to make people question it!"

The thing is, the shrine pretty much makes it obvious that Ava had extremely dark motives... and was not going to rest until she had killed Kayla. But man... that bitch put a lot of work into all of this, didn't she? Taping sex, editing it so the part about her dangling Kayla's life in front of Steve is not a part of that...  but, yeah, having the phone or whatever set up to tape all the sex in the first place? Um... yeah. Then having this building handy so she can have a shrine right there where she stashes Kayla in the first place? And that's not even getting into the whole blood patch thing to fake leukemia in the first place. "Let's see... how can I make this plan the most ridiculous, convoluted thing possible? I'm going to have to work on this..."

2) Then there's Joey and I know I should be concerned about him. I kind of am but mainly because this kid got screwed with by a villain that was amped up to god-like scheme/manipulation levels by the writers to be uncombattable. At the same time, she was so vile I don't feel bad that she was murdered in a hospitable bed by the kid she manipulated so viciously. Talk about your chickens coming home to roost!

1) This is the very problem with what was done. The clearly wanted to have their cake and eat it too, because Steve came across as taking the easy way out possibly because that's what he wanted on some level. Let's not forget it was Steve who talked Kayla into forgiving the creature. Steve was never stupid and should have known better, so why did he do that? Also, Kayla told Steve exactly what Ava's plan was and he dismissed her in his special Steve way. The show wrote ambiguity and now that Kayla is doing exactly what the scenario the show presented demand any functional human being do, side-eye and question the hell out of what Seve's true motivations were, Kayla gets to be treated as unreasonable and lacking self-esteem. I for one am on Kayla's side because I know what the show gave us. It continues to sadden me that this is what my all-time favorite couple has been reduced to.

2) I couldn't care less about Ava's demise. As I said at the time, "Die Bitch die! Die again and then die some more: and oh while you're at it keep dying." The problem is that pea-brained murder boy, who we are supposed to believe is feeling guilty over the murder he committed a few days ago, is off on his next thug inspired violence spree. If the show plans on making the character irredeemable, they are well on their way to accomplishing that task.

Maybe they shouldn't have had Joey help kidnap and hold someone hostage two weeks after he murdered someone. I don't really care about Chase anymore but this still isn't a good look for Joey. 

Belle is a nasty piece of shit.

Don't forget, this is Days, Joey, much like his aunt and so many of the other "good citizens of Salem." won't be held accountable for his actions because his name isn't Dimera or Weston or any other name that they have labeled unworthy of their high and mighty selves.

HorriBelle is Abigail levels of vile. Maybe Chabby fans will latch on to her and Oompaloompa as their new OTP.

I liked Aba trying to talk to Theo about Stefano, and I like Theo sticking with his legitimate feeling that just because Stefano was awful to other people, doesn't mean he wasn't a loving and supportive grandfather to him, because that is exactly what we a viewers knew to be true about their relationship.

Continue to hate this Taniel/Brady/Bummer story. Marie Wilson continues to suck as an actress.

• Love 3

That would be correct.

Ciara and Joey are 1st cousins. Bo and Kayla half siblings. Claire is Ciara's niece because of the Kiriakis connection. Edited by BlackMamba

Theo had the best and most logical idea - to talk to his dad about what Chase did to Ciara. Grabbing Chase may be a good idea in principle, but Ciara should be talking to her mom and the police. Chase is to blame for what he did. Not Ciara's mom dealing with the deaths of two husbands within days of each other.

Summer's Eve is still uninteresting. Yep, Maggie had a bunch of eggs stolen back in the day. Doesn't mean they all have to come calling. That's all, yolks. Move along with your own lives.

• Love 7

To my amazement, I actually enjoyed the Belle and Shawn scenes today. Good acting and clear writing make all the difference. I could follow both if their logic and even care a bit about their marriage falling apart.

If was also nice seeing Abe talking with Theo, but I would have rather had a scene where he could be told the news. Why did Mar and Theo find out as an afterthought?

• Love 2

To give credit where credit is due, Belle is defintely on the fast track to being as loathesome as Abigail - and she's moving down that ladder even faster than Abigail did!

Her dig at the Brady's was not only a low piece of snobbery, it also made no sense. She's the daughter of Marlena and Jawn, neither of whom would claim to be any better than the Bradys or the Hortons, ever. And until a short while ago, Belle herself thought she was part-Brady, with the previous retcon, now unretconned, of her father's mother being a Brady. So Belle can either choke on her ego, give herself a terminal swirly, or choke to death on a hairball from that dried mop of ragweed she calls hair.

I think that JP Lumpaleer has FINALLY found a perfect match - they whine together in such harmony.

Good Lord, Victor, nobody on earth would blame you for kicking Philip to the curb for his stutterbarking take on talking, his lounge lizard persona or his utter lack of charm, but to claim he can't be related to you because he's dumb, well, have you MET the rest of your family? Cuz we have and their name is BRADY.

Philip is worse, I grant but it's a thin line that separates a Douche Lord from a Douche King. The name Kiriakis is nothing to be proud of.

I hate the Ciara rape storyline already and now having the teen scene drag the perpetrator off to a warehouse where they have him tied up has just made it worse. I can't. I can take Hope killing Stefano, but now we've got Joey killing Ava and the Scoobies ready to go all Saw V.

This keeps up and I'm going to be tuning out.

Ciara and Joey are 1st cousins. Bo and Kayla half siblings. Claire is Ciara's niece because of the Kiriakis connection.

Isn't Claire Ciara's niece because Shawn D. and Ciara are brother and sister and Shawn D. is Claire's dad? Edited by boes
  • Love 7