Type keyword(s) to search

The Ellen Degeneres Show - General Discussion

• Start Topic

I just watched it for the first time in a while today and I totally noticed that too! They remind me of the contestants on The Price is Right. But at least on that show everybody's freaking out about the possibility of winning really expensive stuff, where here they just really are that excited about Ellen's games, I guess?

Ellen really has turned into a one-woman enterprise.  Every show she is pushing her other show, her apps, the Ellen shop, her slot machines, etc. etc. etc.  It's getting tiring.

Edited by camom
  • Love 1

Yes,some of them are kind of mean.  I also don't understand why she finds scaring people so funny.  She gives away so much that I feel like she is trying to buy fans.

Thanks. I thought I was the only one thinking this. I check in every now and then but her pranks seem so mean.

• Love 1

Am I the only one who thinks her "jokes" on Matt Lauer have gone too far?  I thought his ping pong balls in the car was funny, mainly because it involved actually doing something.  Digitally manipulating videos to look like naked Lauer is dumb, IMHO.

• Love 1

I used to like Ellen but some of her pranks feel more like bullying. Anyone else feel this way?

The word bullying does not fit here but I get what you are saying.  Her practical jokes and joy in seeing someone embarrassed or humiliated is mean spirited and uncomfortable to watch.  I never watched the auditions on AI for this reason  That has changed now though.

Her scaring people is stupid.  They are startled not scared.  

I used to love her show but it is wearing thin.  I do like the rapport she has with her guests and she is a skilled at interviewing.  I still like her but it is time to tweak the format. 

• Love 2

Does Ellen have a segment where you can send in pathetic pictures of your life and you might get picked to be on the show and get some freebies??  I am all for helping out those who REALLY need it but this chick that was on today just made me roll my eyes.  She acted all surprised like she didn't know what was going on and acting like she was crying cause she was soooo excited to be there, but nary a tear was in sight.  People on like that really bug me - go get a job and get your own new stuff. 

But I guess Ellen has money to burn so ..... whatever.

I think most of the give-aways are things she gets the sponsors to give.    When she gives to some obviously needy person--like the single mom who was walking miles to work, and not eating herself to feed her kids, I think it's great if she can give someone like that a hand, but I do think some of the ones she gives to don't seem that badly off.

The ones I really like are when she gives to schools and teachers--they seem to really be from schools who have no funding and I think that is a really worth-while cause.    She's gotten sponsors to pay for a book-mobile and re-doing a school library--which I think is fantastic.

• Love 2

I like when she gives to people who are not over the top needy but need a little help.  I would like to have my eyes done. Off to type up an email.  

• Love 1

I like when she gives to people who are not over the top needy but need a little help.  I would like to have my eyes done. Off to type up an email.

LOL!

• Love 1

So did anyone see the show yesterday with Caitlyn Jenner?  I really couldn't care less what Bruce/Caitlyn wants to do and think there has been way too much hype, but I did find the interview honest and interesting.  I just keep thinking -- being a man must have been so much easier, as far as "upkeep."  Now there is the hair, makeup, nails, clothes, etc.  Before, Bruce could just throw on some jeans and a shirt, run a comb through his hair and be done with it.  I do understand the situation and have a couple of trans friends, but watching I couldn't help think how much more time it takes to be a woman!

Only because she's decided she needs a glam squad and a stylist and some paid assistants and companions.

Most women manage to get up and get about the day with minimal time spent getting pampered and primped. And look as good or better than she does.

• Love 3

I'm bummed I missed Bernie Sanders today. I quite fell ' in awe ' of him Tuesday night and would love to try to find it online. Since I'm in Canada I wonder if there is a good spot to look for it?

I actually found it a little humorous when Sanders was talking about how the rich have all the money, only want more, etc. etc. to a woman who is probably one of the richest women in show business and uses every opportunity to make more money for herself.  So naturally, she had to talk about how much she pays in taxes.  I think it got a little uncomfortable there.

I'm by no means a regular viewer, so someone can correct me, but I remember when I used to look in the opening was either some stand up or comedy piece, and now it's all hawking , product placement, and selling.

Did anyone see her today with Heidi Klum? She acted like she really disliked her. She really seemed to be going through the motions, like her heart REALLY Wasn't in it. I think she's lost her charm and a real edge is coming through. And all these guests who are supposedly so obsessed with her like she's Jesus or something. I think not.

I could tell that Ellen was not having an easy time with Heidi. I doubt she disliked her but there was a lack of connection.  Heidi has an odd sense of humor or lack of humor.  

I'm by no means a regular viewer, so someone can correct me, but I remember when I used to look in the opening was either some stand up or comedy piece, and now it's all hawking , product placement, and selling.

She used to do stand up and now varies the opening with other things.  I have not seen her hawk things in that spot though.  Maybe she did with her new book.   She might show FB pics, a game or video.  

I love Ellen but her show could use some tweaking.  I find myself FFing a lot, especially the "talented" kids.  Sophia Grace and Rosie have been MIA.  Wonder what happened that they stopped coming.  Too much saturation, perhaps.  

Sophia Grace and Rosie have been MIA.  Wonder what happened that they stopped coming.  Too much saturation, perhaps.  

It's been a relief to not have any appearances from Sophia Grace and Rosie.  I enjoyed them the first few times they were on Ellen, but it seemed as though they appeared a bajillion times and I didn't want to dislike kids for god's sake so I had to stop watching their segments.  So far I still enjoy the young one with all the presidential knowledge, Macey Hensley, but I'm reaching a saturation point with her as well.  

I'm kind of over Noah--he was on the other day and now that he's growing bigger he just doesn't come across as cute--more obnoxious.   And I don't care of the little boy with long hair who always wears hats who plays piano--he's very odd.

I think Sophia Grace went pro and is doing videos and music.     If nothing else, she will have earned enough for a good education and future.     

I love the little girl who wants to go into politics, she was not at all taken aback by meeting Hillary Clinton!    

Macey was on again today.  It was funny watching her wrestle the George W. Bush dummy, which was as big as she was.  As great a kid as Macey is, it's time to give here a rest and let her attend school now for the rest of the school year.

Rebel Wilson was entertaining.  I'm not sure the world needs another Pitch Perfect movie, so it would be great to see Rebel branch into different movies.  Ha, I'm sure that Rebel will be all excited about my career advice.  Which she will never read!

• Love 2

Well I thoroughly enjoyed Ellen sending the little James Bond kid to the movie premiere.    Daniel Craig showing him how to iron his tuxedo to keep himself sharp looking was adorable.

It's been a relief to not have any appearances from Sophia Grace and Rosie.  I enjoyed them the first few times they were on Ellen, but it seemed as though they appeared a bajillion times and I didn't want to dislike kids for god's sake so I had to stop watching their segments.  So far I still enjoy the young one with all the presidential knowledge, Macey Hensley, but I'm reaching a saturation point with her as well.  

I agree.  I am not fond of her kid segments in general.  I adore Ellen but I  FF a lot.  She is a skilled interviewer.  I especially enjoy it  when she knows the guest well or a comic.  

Having a costumed crew member scare a guest is dumb.  They are startled, not scared.  I do enjoy her hiding in the bathroom though!  

I like her funny video segments and wish they were longer. 

I used to really enjoy this show, but she seems to like to have guests that I can't tolerate watching.  Bieber?  any of the Krapdashians?   Niki Minaj?  Miley Cyrus?  Ugh...

Don't these horrible examples of no-class get enough exposure on other shows?

I enjoy it when she finds an as-yet-undiscovered musical talent and showcases them.  They are the ones who need the publicity, those others get enough on their own with their seedy escapades. 

Luckily, she is opposite Judge Judy here, so I don't have to watch her unless there is something I find worthwhile, which is not often lately.

I used to like her show but they have been piling up on my DVR.  Never a good sign.  Too many precocious kids, stop scaring people.  A few well placed is okay but not the costumed staff that sneak up behind their chair.  Stupid and predictable.  

I cannot think back to what made me look forward to her show.  

She shines at interviewing people. Maybe make them longer. 

I don't enjoy music segments on any talk show.  I FF through them.  I feel they are just a way to fill up the 44 mins.  

The games now bore me. 

Too bad because I really adore this woman. 

Thank you, Ellen, for exposing Kylie for the entitled, artificial airhead she is - enhanced lips, enhanced boobs and no substance. 

Ellen is known to be kind and respectful.  What did she do?  

This is kinda long, so please forgive me.

There was s segment today's show with a college freshman. She was paying some portion of the tuitition on her own. Her mother entered her into some contest and was got to go on the stage with Ellen. The way things were going, some company (I assume) was going to help pay for her tuitition. A staffer goes up and stops Ellen midway and she basically does a 180 and tells the girl she is getting a computer (which she already had). Then thry abruptly go to day 10 day 12 days of Christmas. No explanation whatsoever. Does anyone have more info. I really feel bad for the girl.

I too was confused about the segment with the college girl.  I was waiting to see if she'd be back after the interruption for the 12 Days of Christmas, but she wasn't. Ellen had said that Snapfish was going to help with tuition, but then said they were giving the girl a computer. Since a computer is one of the things that just about every college freshman has (and she does), I wonder if that was all she ended up getting.