Type keyword(s) to search

S09.E15: Dishing With the Duggars

It’s been 10 years since the Duggar family opened up their home to television viewers. In this special, the entire family takes a look back and watch some of the series best moments, sharing their thoughts insights about their favorite moments.

Again??? Didn't they already do this

I didn't realize this was a "new" episode. I thought they were referring to the Dishing with Duggars they did recently where the family added comments to old episodes.

Come on TLC, get some new shows. They keep replaying the wedding prep & wedding episodes it seems like every night plus the repeats of the old shows in the morning & early afternoon. Do they have nothing else to show? Did Boob pay TLC to keep replaying these episodes? They could replay the show about the family living on a bus shown after Jill's wedding last week. It wasn't great but beats the 100th replay of the wedding. How about showing us the Roloff wedding & their wedding prep again?

Sorry, I got off topic some but TLC needs a new program director. Was one of the Duggars secretly hired by TLC?

Michelle's hyper narrating voice is really getting to me & it's only been 10 minutes.

My favorite part of Josh & Anna's proposal is when the delivery guy walks in front of them. Gotta love realty TV.

• Love 1

I wonder if the producers purposely included the most cringe-worthy moments in this episode? Josh and Anna's gross first kiss, Josh's sex-is-like-Legos moment of revelation, the toilet birth, Michelle half-naked in her high school cheerleader uniform. And that's just the first 20 minutes.

• Love 3

"A unique home birth" is such a diplomatic way of saying "born on the toilet."  I know it happens, but seriously, did it have to be televised?  There was no chance to cover anything up, so Anna was basically on display for the crew there.

The barf-o-rama airplane ride over the Grand Canyon, Boob speaking Spanglish to the Japanese, tater tot casserole. This show is a compilation of their stupidest and most snark-worthy moments. This episode could serve as a tutorial for anyone who missed the last few years of TV Without Pity or the snarking on this site.

Edited by NJRach
  • Love 3

The first thing that occurred to me while watching this is that they almost seem to realize that their relevance is slowly drawing to a close.  This episode almost felt like a swan song.  How many times can we rehash the same old crappy stories from past seasons?  It was "special" to see some of the kids, particularly the girls, act a bit more down-to-earth and real.  As for J'Chelle's syrupy voiceovers, she would fit in great in a preschool setting (or any situation that involves Ben).

I'm not too worried about the older kids' ability to move on with life when the show comes to an end, but I worry about the younger ones.  This circus is all some of them have ever known.  

Edited by SuzyLee
  • Love 2

They need to stop letting Michelle narrate this stuff. Her voice is like tiny daggers in my brain.

how about if they just keep her off the show entirely?

Justin to Jackson regarding his birth: tell us how it was coming out. Hah! I laughed.

Edited by woodscommaelle
  • Love 1

"A unique home birth" is such a diplomatic way of saying "born on the toilet." I know it happens, but seriously, did it have to be televised? There was no chance to cover anything up, so Anna was basically on display for the crew there.

IKR? ?? And yet they have to cover their knees and shoulders and side hug their mothers and sisters. Yet poor old Anna is doing a split show for the crew?? I feel like I'm taking crazy pills here :/
  • Love 2

Hard questions for the kids. Really... The kids were giving the same standard answer to how it is it like to have so many siblings.

Josie, the miracle child, has chores to do. I call bs on this one.

After the sixth child, the older kids were willing to help raise the younger ones. Snort... Trying to cover your tracks JB and Michelle.

Did we need to see Anna deliver her investments errr... blessings again.

I hate to tell the girls their hair styles have not improved. The dry out, split end, needs a good trim look is not a good look.

JB worrying Michelle would stain the carpeting while giving birth. What a major ass.

Next week we get a special episode of Josh and Anna trying to prove to the world they are capable of being away from the family by going on vacation. It boggles the mind.

How bout JBoob and his story about laying down 25000 square ft of plastic in preparation for the birth??? What kind of aquatic birthing is she capable of???

How much fluid had she expelled in the previous 5 birthings?? I'm aghast here!

• Love 4

Love when basically all the kids admitted they didn't like TTC. Jessa said when they went to someone's house for dinner the host always said we cooked your favorite TTC. Jessa's face said it all.

It reminded me of how my mother was the most God awful cook who made the same four dinners on rotation for fifteen years. To this day, certain dishes make me pale because they're all I ate during my childhood. Ironically, both my siblings and I grew up to be avid cooks and Foodies. I think we're trying to overcompensate or something:)

• Love 3

Finally seeing the lego talk. I was surprised they bleeped the Duggars. 

Literally they have to replay the last episode shown less than an hour ago.

I've never understood the filming of births and the viewing of births and the shows around births (such as TLC's A Baby Story and DHC's Birth Day), but clearly there's an audience and a market for all of this.

Jimbob's face when that boy said "Actually I don't like tater tot casserole." 

The Duggars know how to film tv, that's a career building skill.

Joseph has the same hair as Jim-Bob.

Yeah it's sweet watching all the good times,  a lot of which they could afford, because it made better television. 

Did any see how Michelle was listed in the credits at the end? Did they say she was a producer?

• Love 1

I agree with what previous posters have said before. Mechelle has the hots for Bin. He is so much better looking that Boob was even in his prime. I also thinks that she dislikes Derick because his intelligence scares her.

• Love 4

Michelle stated, "The world witnessed important landmarks in our family's life. And some of the most significant ones, have been the courtships and marriages." 

Really??? 

TLC must have someone coach the "narrators" because Michelle uses the same type of voice, pauses, and emphasis that Amy does on Little People Big World. Annoying is the kindest word I can think of at the moment.

I was only half watching....did Josie sing the Star Spangled Banner, or did I dream it?

If so, my theory about the mix-up at the fertility clinic and her being the bio-spawn of Art Garfunkel is true.

• Love 7

Was it ever explained why they all stopped wearing red shirts? I'm guessing that they were tired of people asking where to find the laundry aisle at Target.

I don't know why the girls are always snarking on their past hairstyles. They pretty much have worn their hair the same way since the original specials aired. I have seen significant changes in their wardrobe especially in the past few years. Their modest modern is a little bit more modern now thanks to maxi skirts coming back into fashion.

I can't figure out if John David just has no personality or if he's extremely uncomfortable being in front of the cameras. He seems so dull.

• Love 2

It seemed a bit disturbing to me that they had Josie watching her own birth, considering that it was not a typical birth and there was massive risk to both her and Michelle. She's what? Only 3 years old? Seemed like pretty heavy footage to me. I enjoyed watching Jackson and those other Js watching his video, however.

Also with that Lego talk? No, JB, it's NOT just like Lego.

• Love 4

When they replayed Josh & Anna's wedding, I thought it was Boob who announced that Josh could kiss his bride. I thought it was Pa Keller's responsibility to do this as father of the bride. Did I see correctly?

I love their hairstyles now... the ones years ago were BAAAAAAAD. But then I think everyone's hairstyles that long ago were pretty bad.  But it's crazy how much some of them changed.  Jill and Jessa looked very homely way back then.  

I must have missed the previous dishing with the duggars but I liked Anna and Josh talking about the engagment and how it wasn't the horrible plan because weather ruined it.  And how really none of them like TTC.  I was surprised they use turkey sausage in it, but I guess that's cheaper than ground beef? 

Josie singing the national anthem was actually kind of impressive. 

Someone else should have narrated.... so tired of Michelle's voice.

• Love 1

I love their hairstyles now... the ones years ago were BAAAAAAAD. But then I think everyone's hairstyles that long ago were pretty bad.  But it's crazy how much some of them changed.  Jill and Jessa looked very homely way back then.  

I must have missed the previous dishing with the duggars but I liked Anna and Josh talking about the engagment and how it wasn't the horrible plan because weather ruined it.  And how really none of them like TTC.  I was surprised they use turkey sausage in it, but I guess that's cheaper than ground beef? 

Someone else should have narrated.... so tired of Michelle's voice.

Josie singing the anthem sorta made me sad because her singing is probably used as inspiration on the election circuit to enhance their speaking engagements. I hope that they don't have her literally singing for her supper.

• Love 1

Josie singing the anthem sorta made me sad because her singing is probably used as inspiration on the election circuit to enhance their speaking engagements. I hope that they don't have her literally singing for her supper.

I think if she was singing in public a lot she wouldn't have acted so shy.  They acted like they weren't even sure she would do it and they all were excited that she actually did. 

Swimming against the tide here, but I thought Josie sang the Star Spangled Banner more on key than many others I have heard.  Glad they admit that they are not all that fond of Tater Tot Casserole!  Where was Josiah?  I don't remember seeing him except in the flashbacks.

• Love 3

Even when Josiah is there (such as at the wedding), he doesn't get any THs; what is up with that, and what have they done with Amy?

Josie is actually a very talented singer.  I couldn't believe my ears!  She was on key and even had a subtle vibrato.  Pretty impressive for five, and especially if she's supposedly behind in other areas.  I'd have expected "Amazing Grace" or "Twinkle, Twinkle"; even seasoned adult professionals have trouble with "The Star-Spangled Banner."

If she ends up "singing for her supper," she won't be any different from any other kid who's used to garner ratings on reality TV shows; just sayin'.

• Love 1

Josie is the new Cousin Amy, or future Katy Perry.  Her singing was kinda cute but I don't want to encourage it because then we'll have to see Josie singing in every. Single.  Episode.

• Love 5

I really think the show for Cousin Amy a few months ago was a big goodbye. They likely would need to pay her to appear on episodes now, and that isn't going to happen with so many Duggar children needing paychecks of their own.

• Love 4

It seemed a bit disturbing to me that they had Josie watching her own birth, considering that it was not a typical birth and there was massive risk to both her and Michelle. She's what? Only 3 years old? Seemed like pretty heavy footage to me. I enjoyed watching Jackson and those other Js watching his video, however.

Also with that Lego talk? No, JB, it's NOT just like Lego.

Those little girls all looked terrified while watching that. Seeing your mother tied up to a bunch of tubes and everyone being really nervous, then you see a little baby with gunk all over it, and then all sorts of tubes and wires connected to it, and your dad crying, well that's just a lot for little girls to process. 

• Love 3

I think if she was singing in public a lot she wouldn't have acted so shy. They acted like they weren't even sure she would do it and they all were excited that she actually did.

That little buggers just belted it out hey? Did a better job than i could have for sure :) It was cute the reactions she got.
  • Love 4

Those little girls all looked terrified while watching that. Seeing your mother tied up to a bunch of tubes and everyone being really nervous, then you see a little baby with gunk all over it, and then all sorts of tubes and wires connected to it, and your dad crying, well that's just a lot for little girls to process.

Bear in mind this is the family who thought it would be a good idea to have the older girls (who looked to be tweens/early teens) in the room watching while their mother give birth.

Yeah, I winced and turned the volume down, because I'm only really fond of little kids when they're my nieces and nephews (little kids in general are great, just not around me for all that long at a time...), but I was simultaneously impressed that she actually knew all the words. Take note, people who sing before MLB games or the Super Bowl!

• Love 3
Yeah, I winced and turned the volume down, because I'm only really fond of little kids when they're my nieces and nephews (little kids in general are great, just not around me for all that long at a time...), but I was simultaneously impressed that she actually knew all the words. Take note, people who sing before MLB games or the Super Bowl!

I thought Josie did waaay better than Rosanne did when she sang the SSB at that baseball game!

• Love 2

The Star Spangled Banner, according to an older semi-professional friend of mine, is one of the hardest songs to sing with the notes jumping all over the place.

I thought Josie was cute, but I winced thinking at the idea that they have a 4yr old acting like a trained monkey.

I just don't think it's modest for the kids to see their mother's hoo hoo when delivering or at any other time either, just don't know what's wrong with me?

I also saw this program and other than the wedding inserts, it was simply a rerun of the previous "Dishing" show IMO. I would like to hear real commentary from Michelle as to why she thought dressing up in those HOlly Hobby getups with the big Bozo collars was Godly, and now they dress more normally and it isn't a sin to do so now..Ask the real questions here, TLC...

• Love 6

I was only half watching....did Josie sing the Star Spangled Banner, or did I dream it?

If so, my theory about the mix-up at the fertility clinic and her being the bio-spawn of Art Garfunkel is true.

Oh my goodness, I am DYING right now! Thank you so much for the best laugh I've had in forever!!

I just don't think it's modest for the kids to see their mother's hoo hoo when delivering or at any other time either, just don't know what's wrong with me?

I also saw this program and other than the wedding inserts, it was simply a rerun of the previous "Dishing" show IMO. I would like to hear real commentary from Michelle as to why she thought dressing up in those HOlly Hobby getups with the big Bozo collars was Godly, and now they dress more normally and it isn't a sin to do so now..Ask the real questions here, TLC...

I also don't think it's modest to continually talk about trying to make babies, your daughters keeping up with your menstrual cycle, humping your wife in public, etc. The Duggars may be a lot of things but modest ain't one of them.
  • Love 6

I'm beginning to think Anna has Michelle beat in the baby-crazy department, however she tried to play it down that one time by saying she's content with what she has - I wondered who she was trying to convince; probably herself - it's clear when watching reruns that she's all about being the next "19 Kids" star.  Wonder if Jillard will give her a run for her money?  

Hadn't thought about the "paying Amy" angle; hasn't she been of legal age for some time now, as I think she's in her mid-20s?  But maybe they no longer need her input with all of the wedding footage suddenly available.

It was also interesting to see this week in reruns the beginning of the Stonybrook house restoration in 2012 (it was hinted that JD might get married and occupy it, but obviously that never happened) and the jewelry JB bought "on his own" for Jill's 21st birthday.  Call me crazy, but he's just a little too fond of that particular daughter for my taste!  I like watching Michelle's face when he waxes affectionate...

• Love 1