Type keyword(s) to search

S04.E06: Damage

Man that Charlotte has some nerve. Tells Emily shes so much better than her because she's not a "cold blooded killer" two episodes after she tried to murder her in a fire. Good riddance.

I am glad she told Daniel though because they're going for a redemption arc with him I think and I won't be surprised if he's the one to tell David. Of course at this point David may still choose Victoria. He's just that dumb.

• Love 4

I'm holding on to the hope that David is "siding" with Victoria to get closer to Charlotte, the daughter he never got to know.  Hopefully with Charlotte gone to rehab (and hopefully gone FOREVER) by then Emily will have snapped out of her weird funk and tell him that she's really Amanda.  

Edited by Katenotplus8

Did anyone else catch the headline on one of the clippings in the file Charlotte found?

"Why David Clarke did it - and why!"

No, I'm not kidding.

OMG, I rewound and read it twice to be sure I didn't miss it! Then I started to wonder if they meant there was some extra special reason beyond the obvious, and the writer was being clever... but then figured whoever created the prop newspaper wasn't being that thoughtful and just screwed up.

When David yelled at Nolan about not earning the fancy house, or it being his, I think he was thinking that Nolan took Amanda's money and spent it on himself. 

I hate this season so far... in that I hate David, I hate the lack of father/daughter reunion, I hate how stupid David is, I hate what he did to Nolan, and I think the police stuff is dumb. I miss Emily plotting and planning, and she's now so passive -- her not being sure she's in David's ear, instead of Victoria, has no upside as far as I can tell. It beggars belief that she'd sit there and watch him and not tell him who she was! And that he wouldn't recognize his own daughter. At least she's figuring out David is hiding things, but the longer the writers draw out the reunion, the less impact it will have.

The stuff with Charlotte seemed to give Emily some of her mojo back, that's something. 

There have been 3 shows that I've watched where the writing got so bad that I genuinely wished for its writers to be permanently blacklisted from any kind of Hollywood writing career. They are Glee, Scandal, and now Revenge.

Yeah, I quit Glee very early, then this summer marathoned Scandal and caught up, and now I wonder why I bothered. That is the worst written drama on television for a myriad of reasons (that belong in the Scandal thread and not here -- oh, how I could go on.) I used to think Revenge was better, but now I'm starting to think they're close to the same, because this season is just that bad. Edited by Andromeda

When David yelled at Nolan about not earning the fancy house, or it being his, I think he was thinking that Nolan took Amanda's money and spent it on himself.  

David's not ENTIRELY wrong. After the Grayson's wiped Nolan out, didn't Emily buy him that house?

By the way, I so didn't notice that article. Even when someone posted about it, it took several people commenting on it before I noticed. I don't know what's wrong with me that it took so long to see the error.

I really wanted to like this episode but the second David turned on Nolan on live television and then later punched him, all good feeling went away. I'm sick of David's stupidity at this rate and just wish he'd wise the hell up and fast.

At least Emily realised pretty sharpish that he's been faking his captivity, but she should've listened to Nolan this week.

Charlotte killed a kidnapper, acted like a selif righteous cow to Emily and then finally realised she needed rehab. I don't blame her for telling Daniel who Emily was but I'm not sure I actually care for Daniel's reaction though.

The sooner Victoria gets another comeuppance, the better as far as I am concerned.

Louise's loopy antics are only mildly amusing but what purpose does Margaux really have this season?

Could not give a crap about Jack and Ben. 6/10

Edited by darkestboy
  • Love 1

I don't blame [Charlotte] for telling Daniel who Emily was but I'm not sure I actually care for Daniel's reaction though.

I'm interested because all Daniel thinks Emily's motivation for all her interference and screwing him over was just because she was a gold digger. Him finding out she's Amanda Clarke could change his entire opinion of her, depending on how much Charlotte told him.

• Love 2
Him finding out she's Amanda Clarke could change his entire opinion of her, depending on how much Charlotte told him.

Alas, it won't change my opinion of him. I'd seriously give any potential redemption storyline for Daniel a major side-eye. He shot Emily at point-blank range and then covered it up, and then taunted her when she found out she was infertile by saying it would be a blessing. There's really no coming back from any of that, IMO. Much like Victoria strangling Aiden or Charlotte setting a fire to kill Emily, those are irredeemable actions and not even the best writers in the world could make Daniel, Victoria, or Charlotte sympathetic to me. 

And these are definitely not the best writers in the world.

• Love 6

Alas, it won't change my opinion of him. I'd seriously give any potential redemption storyline for Daniel a major side-eye. He shot Emily at point-blank range and then covered it up, and then taunted her when she found out she was infertile by saying it would be a blessing. There's really no coming back from any of that, IMO. Much like Victoria strangling Aiden or Charlotte setting a fire to kill Emily, those are irredeemable actions and not even the best writers in the world could make Daniel, Victoria, or Charlotte sympathetic to me. 

And these are definitely not the best writers in the world.

Agreed on all fronts.  Everyone has pretty much said everything I've been thinking about this episode.  

But your mentioning Charlotte's attempted murder of Emily reminded me of how ironic and hilariously un-self-aware I found Charlotte throwing shade at Emily while she helped Charlotte cover a homicide (admittedly a justifiable one).  There's Charlotte bitching at Emily who's in the processes of helping her and accusing her of murder when she had herself just tried to commit murder... of Emily. Then she got all shocked that Victoria killed Aiden.... Not that it shouldn't color her view of Vic generally and vis-à-vis Emily specifically, but her utter shock at the idea of murder.  It's like she's forgotten all about her little stop off at the corner of Arson and Murder.

Edited by RachelKM
  • Love 3

Oh no, I will never feel sympathy for Daniel. Or Victoria or Charlotte. They've all wronged Emily way more than she ever did them. For me, it's the difference between a redeemable character (which they are not) and a salvageable one. They fall into the latter category because they're still useful to the canvas of the show -- maybe not Charlotte, though. They could leave her offscreen permanently and not be missed because she's served her purpose in the narrative by whatever she told Daniel.

• Love 2

I will definitely be interested in Daniel's reaction to Emily's real identity. He is irredeemable to me already but if he has Margaux or someone else publish a story about this, confronts/taunts Emily about it, or otherwise uses this info to be a dick, I will move from simply loathing him as a vapid spoiled brat to actively hoping for his death in every scene.

• Love 1
Man that Charlotte has some nerve. Tells Emily shes so much better than her because she's not a "cold blooded killer" two episodes after she tried to murder her in a fire. Good riddance.

I thought the same thing.  Emily has more self control than I do, because I would have thrown that back in Charlotte's face.

After the Grayson's wiped Nolan out, didn't Emily buy him that house?

Yes, she did.

I agree with those who said they wanted to see Daniel's reaction to Emily being Amanda Clark.  We got to see everyone's reaction, and Daniel was pretty strongily impacted by the whole thing.

I will definitely be interested in Daniel's reaction to Emily's real identity. He is irredeemable to me already but if he has Margaux or someone else publish a story about this, confronts/taunts Emily about it, or otherwise uses this info to be a dick, I will move from simply loathing him as a vapid spoiled brat to actively hoping for his death in every scene.

I actually kind of hope he does confront/taunt her, because he has no idea what she could do to him. As long as he's known her she's been a moderately fragile (especially when he was shoving her around after shooting her) woman who owned a gun for home protection.

The real woman could kick his teeth to his balls. And I would like to see that. Very much. One kick for each gun shot wound, at least.

• Love 4

David's not ENTIRELY wrong. After the Grayson's wiped Nolan out, didn't Emily buy him that house?

Emily bought Nolan his house, but it was to fulfill her part of the bargain she made with Nolan when he did her a favor by helping Daniel in Episode 2x22. ("Say 'yes' and I'll buy you a house.")

And actually, at the very beginning of the series, Nolan bought the beach house for Emily in Episode 1x02 (to keep Victoria from getting it). So, technically, Nolan is still up by one on Emily in terms of house-buying. :P

Furthermore, while David may have made the initial investment, Nolan's fortune is of his own talent and work. If not for Nolan, there would have been no hundreds of millions for Emily to inherit and to use to buy him that house.

Point being, Nolan does not owe anyone for his house.

Edited by calipiano81
  • Love 1

I thought Nolan was living at Grayson Manor with Emily.  Does he split his time?  And how did David end up with the beech house?  Didn't Emily still own that too?

I think Nolan and Emily are just freely in and out of each other's houses at this point. (Notice how after David hit Nolan, Emily waltzed in the front door like it was normal)

Emily had Margaux (who had Daniel) give the deed to the beach house back to David to get him close to her and so that he could recall the memories of Amanda Clarke.

I'm sick and tired of Nolan being Emily's pet and everyone's punching bag. Her father punches him be cause he covered her lies and she couldn't even muster a bit of compassion towards him? He should tell her to go eff herself and handle all this shit with her Dad and be done with it. And I agree with what was said above, Nolan earned his money thanks to himself. David helped him 20 years ago but it isn't like Nolan did nothing ever since, he worked for it. So, David, shut up, and Emily, take your fingers out of your ass and start protecting the only person that supported you 100% all these past years.

Charlotte being all "what? you are a cold-blooded murderer?" when she set a bar on fire and let emily to burn in it was appalling. 

Madeleine Stowe is fantastic as Victoria but I simply can't stand the character and the way she has to play the victim anymore. I miss Conrad, Daniel is a poor replacement

I thought the same thing.  Emily has more self control than I do, because I would have thrown that back in Charlotte's face.

I honestly think the writers forgot they had Charlotte try to murder Emily a handful of episodes ago.
  • LOL 1
  • Love 4

It's a real stretch to me that David was able to fake being imprisoned and tortured for 20 years so easily. He doesn't seem to have old scars, he's not malnourished, etc. There's any number of medical and psychological effects that would be hard to fake.  

David must have had help to get out of prison, and that person must have an agenda. I've been wondering if David has been coerced into working for this person.

• Love 1

David must have had help to get out of prison, and that person must have an agenda. I've been wondering if David has been coerced into working for this person.

If that's really David Clarke & not a look alike relative or a imposter with plastic surgery.

If that's really David Clarke & not a look alike relative or a imposter with plastic surgery.

His fingerprints were a match so if he's not David than he has help inside the Police/FBI who altered computer records for him.

His fingerprints were a match so if he's not David than he has help inside the Police/FBI who altered computer records for him.

Always a possibility on this show, & it wouldn't have to be police/FBI either, they could make it anyone.

Always a possibility on this show, & it wouldn't have to be police/FBI either, they could make it anyone.

It could be anyone, but they would have had to have access police records, or who was good enough to hack into those systems.  

Nothing would surprise me at this point, but I think it would be rather anticlimactic if it turned out to be an impostor.

It could be anyone, but they would have had to have access police records, or who was good enough to hack into those systems.  

Nothing would surprise me at this point, but I think it would be rather anticlimactic if it turned out to be an impostor.

Nolan is pretty good at the hacking, but didn't he help send that girl who was supposed to be legendary at the hacking to jail a couple of seasons ago? Or am I misremembering again? I'm just pulling this out of nowhere, but she could be getting her own revenge by helping imposter David do whatever he's doing. I wouldn't put it past the writers to do something like that.