Type keyword(s) to search

Judge Judy's Boob Tube (Videos)

dougfir
  • Start Topic

A little housewarming present for y'all: 

The. Babies!  The. Babies!

LMAO!!! Thanks, dougfir! Good to see you in this neck of the woods.

Makes me nostalgic for the Golden Age of Judge Judy! "The Babies" Karina Roy, Kelli "eBay of Pigs" Filkins and Polefaced Joe, where art thou??

Oh, and !Jack! !Jack!

We came close a couple of weeks ago with The Rabbi, the Mennonite, and Deadpanning for Gold, but JJ was too quick with her gavel on that one.

Kelli Filkins! And it seems her life turned out just as we all had expected.

That case is the second to last one on this special that's on Youtube for now.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FU-yKJBWqUI

I also looked up Garrett Schell while watching this, he's the guy who beat up a cop, spent 7 years in jail, then got out and beat up some poor guy who walked his girlfriend home.  Garrett's father bribed the guy with $40,000 to not press charges then reneged on the offer, so he was suing. Girlfriend was there, and seemed to be on the side of her abuser until he called her a liar over something, then she decided she was there to tell the truth and said the guy suing was in the right.  

Garrett died in 2009, he committed suicide while in jail. His girlfriend is alive (I really thought I'd look them up and see that he had killed her) and had an arrest for driving without a license a few years ago.  That's the only thing I could find on her.  

I kind of got the feeling that she set it up. I don't think she thought it would go as far as it did, but I think she knew that her boyfriend would be there when she got home. 

That case starts at about 0:46:00

The "Justice Served" special from 2007 is on there too:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QqrwlZhfPpQ

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U8S0sZtUIwQ

I'm watching this now. Tupperware roommate is the first case!

Edited by BellaLugosi

See, I understand the Tupperware Roommate Lady.  As @MrBigFists recently tweeted,

"Just when I think I've finally got my life together I look in the cabinet where I keep my Tupperware."

IIRC, when they were walking down the aisle the guy in the stripes was shaking his head, and the guy in the dark shirt said something like "they weren't in there!".

• Love 1

Judge Judy asking a defendant what kind of cigarettes he went to buy.

Defendant: "Mah barretts."

Judge Judy: "WHAT!?"

Defendant: "Mah barretts."

Byrd: "Marlboro Reds."

Judge Judy: "It's either my hearing or his speech."

Byrd: "It's his speech."

It's a lot funnier when you watch it. Judge Judy is completely irritated and the gallery is giggling. 

Edited by jonesingjay
  • Love 2
I wish JJ had ripped into the plaintiff and her witness a little more, but she was still pretty disgusted by them both.

But that other woman was a husband-stealer!! It just ain't right...

Thanks for posting that case, I'd never seen it before. One thing that impressed me about it was that all concerned - plaintiff, defendant and witnesses - were able to present their stories clearly and coherently, without using "like" as every other syllable. i.e., it wasn't the typical "So I was like at this Auxiliary meeting and like the president is all like 'We're all so fine and upstanding' and stuff and she's like such a liar 'cause she hooked up with Yvonne's husband. So when she was entrancing out into the hallway I was like 'why you disrespecting Yvonne like that' and she was all like 'whatever'." They are relics of an ancient educational era.

Edited by Ouisch
  • Love 6

us old folks were taught basic english, basic tenses (present, past, future), many things that are no longer part of basic education.

They are all still part of basic education.  Please remember that the individuals we're seeing on these shows do not represent the finest students that our educational system has ever seen. 

Edited by DebbieW
  • Love 4

Thank you for the Tupperware! Cracked me up. I'm new to JJ, so haven't seem many of the classics of which you all speak, but man, that was really cool.  The "babies" mix was awesome. Saw that first, and was soooo glad to get to see the real case!

Here's the place to post your favorite JJ episodes and/or JJ clips.  

Please make sure the videos come from you tube in order to ensure they are legal.

What a great idea for a thread! I'm clearly late to the party, as I didn't know this thread was here.

I have been trying to find Friday's episodes, which my local channel cheated me out of. If anyone has a link, I'd be most appreciative. I looked on Youtube and had no luck.

What appears on youtube is a hit or miss. For example,  2014 Father of the Year runner-up, Harlan the guy with a family in the US and a family in Mexico has a snippet of his case on 'tube. (Harlan allows his US children draw on walls of a rented home, while his Mexico children are allowed to stand on the Mexico side of the fence and watch.)

• Love 1

What a great idea for a thread! I'm clearly late to the party, as I didn't know this thread was here.

Thank you!  *bows deeply*  Thank you!

I think Curious Parker merged some videos from other threads and changed the name of the thread to make this thread teebax. I am glad because I didn't want to bog down other threads with videos, which I sort of did the other day. 

Word of the day: Thread (Bolded By CuriousParker)

You're right Stewed, I tried to find all the JJ videos in all the threads and moved them to this thread.  If you see any videos I missed in any other threads, send me a PM and let me know please.  I've had this thread idea in mind for a few weeks but i wanted to make sure that Dave was ok with having a thread like this first.  hee.  Thread.  hee.

Seriously though, I love modding this forum.  You guys are terrific and make me smile!

The Johnny Rotten episode (one of the first JJs I watched):

Holy crap!  I recognized him before I finished scrolling down.  I own a lot of his solo stuff on vinyl but he's not a pleasant person. 

(edited)

Found: One Poleface Joe!  Unfortunately, the uploader chose to convert the clip to slo-mo; this would be my ideal response to that BS.  Personally, I think the security vid would be funnier if it were sped up to the Benny Hill theme music.  (Side note:  Am I the only one who thinks Joe looks like a trailer park-reared Olive Oyl?)

Edited by dougfir
  • Love 2

Holy crap!  I recognized him before I finished scrolling down.  I own a lot of his solo stuff on vinyl but he's not a pleasant person. 

He was respectful to JJ. (probably was told to cool it because the plaintiff had no case).

He was respectful to JJ. (probably was told to cool it because the plaintiff had no case).

Preppie guy tries to join PiL and sues because he's fired after he leaves Lydon with no drummer.  Hehehe.

Well that just about says it all, AH! 

Afterwitness? This should be in the lexicon!   And pretty cool Officer Pham makes several appearances. Hmmm.

Best part: "It was not half drunk! It was half empty!" I should have a t-shirt with that on it. 

Does this case exist anywhere?  Why don't they rerun THAT one? Can we start a petition?

• Love 1
For everyone's viewing pleasure, I present:

"He Stole My Heart" (the dance mix)

"He Said She was Drunk."

OMG! I laughed my ass off -- I'd have up-thumbed that post 100 times if I could! Thank you!

I have some vague recollection of that case -- I'm sure if I saw the faces of the litigants, it might help my memory a little.

AngelaHunter that was so good that if I hadn't quit smoking about 30 years ago, I would need a cigarette. Did these fools understand that in most of the country, the defendant would have been justified in escalating, possibly up to deadly force?

• Love 2