Type keyword(s) to search

The Grimm Wishlist: What Should They Do?

iMonrey

After some of the speculation in the Juliette thread, I'm starting to think that maybe they will say Juliette is acting as Renard's double agent in the "Royals" household.  Remember that snake-like Wesen guy that worked for Renard?  I don't remember the made-up German name for the kind of Wesen he was supposed to be, but anyway Kenny figured out he was a double agent working for Renard and had him killed.  Well, maybe Juliette is the replacement for Snake Guy.  If the writers want to open a path to redeem Juliette, and you know they probably do, this might be the way they go.  It doesn't make a lot of sense for numerous reasons - not the least of which is that Renard was possessed by Jack the Ripper and thus highly mentally impaired while all of the planning for this would have gone on - but that would never stop these writers.

Renard and Juliette were sort of living together for a while.  They could have planned this.  Renard badly needed somebody to spy on his crazy European relatives since Snake Guy got the axe.  Juliette was newly powered up and could handle it.  They decided she would have to go hard core to keep from being found out - she would actually have to participate in killing the neighbors and even Nick's mother!  The writers will justify it/redeem Juliette by saying that it was for the greater good - Kelly had to die to prevent Diana from being raised by evil, becoming evil and destroying the world.  Renard's crazy European relatives were too hot on Kelly's trail to make it safe for Diana to stay with her any longer, so Juliette had to:

1.  Openly menace Nick and friends.

2.  Kill the neighbors.

3.  Let Kelly be killed.

4.  ???

5.  Profit!  Or something...

Next season, maybe Juliette will destroy the "Royals" from the inside now that she has Diana.  Of course if the writers want to get Juliette back with Nick they would still have the sticky wicket of the fact that she set his mother up to die, but she'll just cry a little and all will be forgiven I'm sure.  *rolls eyes*

You're giving the writers entirely too much credit Blue Plastic. 

Yeah, probably.  Maybe I've been reading too many mysteries with a "twist."  But I keep thinking that for sure they are going to want to redeem Juliette, and they probably want to surprise us by making it look like she's gone way too far for that to ever happen.  There are only a few ways I can think of that they can get out of it.  The idea that she's possessed and not in her right mind was pretty much shot down in the last episode.

If she won't go away completely, than I want her to stay bad.  I don't like the character anyway, that way  I can legitimately not like her. Not that my dislike of her needs more legitimacy it would just be better from my perspective.   I have never felt the love from her for him.  That's why I don't want them to stay together.   

I don't want them to stay together, either.  I think she's gone way too far to ever have Nick take her back unless they're going to say there are twin Juliettes and the real one is not a Hexenbiest and has been held captive somewhere the whole time while the imposter Hexenbiest one has been doing all this evil stuff.  But realistically I think the writers want to keep Juliette/Bitsie on the show, and probably not as a continuing Big Bad.  They most likely want to put her back as Nick's girlfriend <gag> and Scooby gang member <double gag>.

• Love 1

Okay, here we go....what do want them to do differently (or keep doing the same) in season 5?

What I'd like to see stay the same:

• Judicious use of Bud.  I love Bud and am so happy every time I see him...but I don't want to see him any more than I currently do.  I think Bud in every episode would get old very, very quickly.  So far, TPTB have been really wise in this area (I know...shocker!)....
  • Re-introducing some older characters.  I enjoyed seeing Orson, even though the story line was a bit of a stinker.  There were so many great characters in the 1st and 2nd seasons that I'd love to see again.
  • MEISNER!  I mean, even though we only saw him for 30 seconds, it was totally worth it.  I can't see him ever becoming a central character, but I like having him there on the periphery.

What I'd like them to change:

• I'd really like to see them introduce fewer new Wesen.  A number of the "new" Wesen this season could have just been replaced with a Wesen we already knew.  For example, the foot chopper in the Peter Rabbit episode.  There was no reason why "Vulpesmyrca" could not have been a job title, so to say, instead of a new breed of Wesen--and a job filled by a Blutbad or Coyotl or the like.
  • I'd like to see a better balance between Wesen of the Week stories and the longer arcs.  Both can be addressed in the same episode, but it needs to be done well.  One episode that did this very well was "Three Coins in a Fuchsbau" in season 1, where the Wesen of the Week tied into the Coins of Zakynthos which tied into the mystery surrounding Nick's parents.  I'm not saying that every episode has to be like this, but a couple in the season would be nice.
  • How about a non-Wesen crime.  I mean, this is Grimm and we need to stay true to that, but what about a crime were the victim was Wesen and the criminal was not?
  • I'd really love it if they showed the characters a bit outside of the crimes.  I mean, it seems like the only time Nick goes to see Monroe and Rosalee is when he needs help with a case.  Way back when, there were scenes of the characters just being people....
  • I love that Grimm does Christmas episodes, but the Krampus episode is the only that I thought actually worked.  I hope they put some more thought into this year's.

I'm sure I have more, but that is what I'm hoping I see in s5.

• Love 2

As I just shared with a friend and fellow watcher of Grimm, I would very much like to see Meisner pop up a bit more, and find some reason to have him and Renard both shirtless; maybe lifting things, or doing their laundry, or hanging out around the pool? This could be some fantastic background...er, scenery? Yes, I'm shallow.

• Love 5

I'd really love it if they showed the characters a bit outside of the crimes.  I mean, it seems like the only time Nick goes to see Monroe and Rosalee is when he needs help with a case.  Way back when, there were scenes of the characters just being people....

Definitely yes to this.  One time Wu mentioned something like his cat was the center of his social life--I'd like to see him do something out and about.  Same with Hank, and these don't have to be comic relief or big involved plot points, just little well-placed slices of life.  These are interesting characters and good actors, let's see a little of them outside of police duties.

I want Meisner brought in as a regular and love interest for Adaline. And, yes, he needs to be smiling all the time.

Smiling....and shirtless.

Definitely yes to this.  One time Wu mentioned something like his cat was the center of his social life--I'd like to see him do something out and about.  Same with Hank, and these don't have to be comic relief or big involved plot points, just little well-placed slices of life.  These are interesting characters and good actors, let's see a little of them outside of police duties.

Way back when, there were scenes--or at least one scene-- of Hank and Wu going out for drinks after work. Hank invited Nick and then said that he knew Nick wouldn't come because he was young and in love (when it turned out that Nick went to see Monroe, not Juliette). Anyway, Nick is now free--we think--so I think they should start having more happy hours.  I love Rosalee, but let Monroe leave her at home and make it a men's night....

• Love 4

Way back when, there were scenes--or at least one scene-- of Hank and Wu going out for drinks after work. Hank invited Nick and then said that he knew Nick wouldn't come because he was young and in love (when it turned out that Nick went to see Monroe, not Juliette). Anyway, Nick is now free--we think--so I think they should start having more happy hours.  I love Rosalee, but let Monroe leave her at home and make it a men's night....

The only thing wrong with this idea is that Adalind is still alive, and very pregnant with Nick's kid. So, I would imagine that we are going to be seeing Nick trying to be a dad to this kid and probably won't have time to go out with Hank or Wu. Although, I would love to see a budding relationship between Hank and Wu, as in two guys who have a very strong friendship.

As with my wish, I would love it if they just explained everything out front, in the first episode of season 5. What are the Keys for, more history of the Wesens, Grimms, and Royals, etc... 

• Love 1

If they don't want the Adalind's kid around the show, they can just have Adalind take off with the kid. Say that she doesn't want the kid around Nick since kids tend to get kidnapped when they are around him. That would take the responsibility out of Nick's hands, like how Trubel killing Juliette was so he wouldn't be able to blame himself.

If they don't want the Adalind's kid around the show, they can just have Adalind take off with the kid. Say that she doesn't want the kid around Nick since kids tend to get kidnapped when they are around him. That would take the responsibility out of Nick's hands, like how Trubel killing Juliette was so he wouldn't be able to blame himself.

Or Adalind could run off with Meisner.  No, wait, that would mean Meisner would be gone and I really don't like that.

I hope TPTB realize what an epic turd they laid with this plot line.  I mean, in some ways, it is worse than HexenJuliette.  You can kill of Juliette and the audience cheers.  But how do you get rid of a baby?  I can't see how they can follow through on this story line without some epic soapiness, which people pretty unanimously hate.  I mean, they could:

1 - Somehow have the child not exist.  Fill in your own blanks there.

2 - Make Nick not the father, whether they go the Renard route or some other nonsensical magic.

3 - The baby is born and then sent off to live with someone else for safety.  Of course, who is left?  

Aaaand, those are pretty much all of their options.

This plot line should never have happened.  It wasn't even in the season when the episodes were laid out and added at the last (in fact, past the last minute. The timeline makes no freaking sense AT ALL).  They could have very easily filmed around it.  I mean, Adalind didn't need to be pregnant to get Nick to protect her.  She only had to say she knew how to cure Juliette.  All I can say is that this is an epic fail....

• Love 3

Ooh, what if Diana was like Damien from The Omen! She's not going to share the power so she tries to harm her pregnant mommy!

Too dark?

Obviously an adult can't hurt a child on Tv but I'm down for a baby battle. lol

I like the idea of both Diana and new baby sent away for their own safety.  All of the parents involved know where they are and can visit them when it is safe to do so.  Diana and Grimm junior can grow up together and be best friends and when they are older there can be a spin off with the wonder siblings.

(edited)

A couple more s5 wishlist items:

• Go back to the fairy tales, but do it in the way they did in season 1.  In that season most of the Wesen of the Week plot lines were based on fairy tales, but other than maybe a quote directly from that fairy tale, they never actually referenced the fairy tale.  This season, when they did base the story on another work (I can only think of 2--the Frog Prince and Jack the Ripper), they basically came out and told the audience what they were doing (the The Frog Prince ep, Hank had a line that was something like, "This is just like that fairy tale of the Frog Prince!" and they hit us over the head with Jack the Ripper).  I did see in one of the recent interviews with the Show Runners that they basically say that they "ran out" of fairy tales.  I call a big old BS to that one.  There are some well known fairy tales that the haven't done--The Snow Queen, The Twelve Dancing Princesses, for example--and there is that new collection of non-Grimm fairy tales out (which I own and have thumbed through).  Plus, the Grimm Brothers themselves did multiple versions of several tales.  In the collection I read (Philip Pullman's collection) there were at least 3 different versions of Cinderella--one of which had, and I kid you not, a cyclops.  There is no reason that they can't go back and do a different take on some of the fairy tales they've already used.
  • Nick needs to move out.  It really bugged me that at the end of this last ep he went back to the house.  Yes, I understand that, dramatically, he needed to have his big showdown with Juliette.  However, if I try to consider Nick as a real person, no way in hell would he go back there that night. I mean, he had quite a few huge life-changing moments in the space of a couple hours--he believed his almost-fiance had left forever with an evil king, his house was trashed AGAIN, and his mother's head was sitting in a box in the living room (and, by that point, probably stinking to high heaven).  I don't think anyone would have questioned him going back to "his room" at Monroe and Rosalee's house for the night.  Now, I'm not saying that Nick needs to move in with Monroe and Rosalee (the 3's Company thing really doesn't work), but he does need to move out of that house and find a more appropriate home.  That is, of course, if he can find a buyer.  I'm not sure I'd purchase a home, no matter how nice it was, that was the scene of countless brawls AND a beheading (oops, corrected to add TWO beheadings), and in a neighborhood where every other neighbor was murdered.
  • They need to keep Juliette dead.  I rewatched the ep last night and I do think they can turn this show around IF they keep Juliette dead.  Unfortunately, I doubt that will happen.  Think about it: Every season ending (and beginning of the next season) so far has dealt with some version of someone coming back to life.  In s3/4, it was Renard.  In s2/3 it was Nick being turned into a zombie and then cured. In s1/2, it was a double-whammy.  Not only did we have Juliette in a coma (which is kind of like dead), we had Kelly show up--and there had been really no indication that she was still alive up to that point.  The writers have made comments that they do like to repeat certain things--they did say that Renard was going to be shot at the end of every season because "that's what we do now."  Ugh....  Maybe they can consider Renard's Jack the Ripper storyline their resurrection story?
  • They do need to address the keys, which will be tricky since they killed off everyone interested in the keys, but they need to do it AFTER they've settled whatever is going on with Chavez--unless, of course, Chavez is after the keys and sent Trubel to go get them.  In a grander scheme of things, they need tie up story lines before moving onto new ones.
  • They need to expand their periphery characters. In my first post on this, I wrote about how I appreciated how they used Bud--he's not there all the time.  I think they need some more characters like that, ones they can call one every 6th or 7th episode and let them be quirky and useful and then go on with their lives.  I mean, they could parole Orson and whenever they have an arson-related WotW case, call on him.  Something like that.  But again, at the very most, they should not use these characters more than they use Bud currently.
Edited by OtterMommy
  • Love 1

The only thing wrong with this idea is that Adalind is still alive, and very pregnant with Nick's kid. So, I would imagine that we are going to be seeing Nick trying to be a dad to this kid and probably won't have time to go out with Hank or Wu.

Nick can still have nights out with Hank and Wu and Monroe. He's not married to Adalind and it's not like Guys' Night is every night or every week, character-time.

What I have been hoping for since Bud figured out where Nick lived, I was hoping for timid wesen dropping by to ask Nick to help them with various situations that needed a Grimm's  say-so.  It didn't have to be big, but either tie into the bigger case in some manner or get Nick thinking outside the box for how to get to a more satisfying third way for the solution to the bigger case of the week.  I would think that a wesen that got up enough courage to drop by the reasonable Grimm's house would not just be complaining about an obnoxious troll's loud parties on the weekend. (Especially with the late S3 revelation about Grimm eyes.)

• Love 1

Nick needs to move out.  It really bugged me that at the end of this last ep he went back to the house.  Yes, I understand that, dramatically, he needed to have his big showdown with Juliette.  However, if I try to consider Nick as a real person, no way in hell would he go back there that night. I mean, he had quite a few huge life-changing moments in the space of a couple hours--he believed his almost-fiance had left forever with an evil king, his house was trashed AGAIN, and his mother's head was sitting in a box in the living room (and, by that point, probably stinking to high heaven).  I don't think anyone would have questioned him going back to "his room" at Monroe and Rosalee's house for the night.  Now, I'm not saying that Nick needs to move in with Monroe and Rosalee (the 3's Company thing really doesn't work), but he does need to move out of that house and find a more appropriate home.  That is, of course, if he can find a buyer.  I'm not sure I'd purchase a home, no matter how nice it was, that was the scene of countless brawls AND a beheading (oops, corrected to add TWO beheadings), and in a neighborhood where every other neighbor was murdered.

Yes yes yes, I think I mentioned this in the episode thread.  You never go back and live where your mother was murdered.  Personally I would never go inside, someone else would have to pack up my important personal things and the rest could burn to the ground.  Nick could stay temporarily with Hank or Wu as well as Monroe and Rosalee, until he finds a new place.  I wish to not see that house anymore.

I'm thinking that a Grimm baby will be in need of more protection than Adalind can muster, so if the baby is not somehow shipped off somewhere, Nick will need to live with it (him?). I don't think that is very compatible with him doing his police/Grimm work, so I hope the baby is not much of a presence in Portland.

• Love 1

I'm thinking that a Grimm baby will be in need of more protection than Adalind can muster, so if the baby is not somehow shipped off somewhere, Nick will need to live with it (him?). I don't think that is very compatible with him doing his police/Grimm work, so I hope the baby is not much of a presence in Portland.

I'm probably a horrible person at this point, but I would not be upset with a stillborn baby at this point.  Maybe the corpse juice did a bit more damage than Adalind thought?  And now she's uber-bitter and gets her hex back on and becomes a villain (as best as she is able...remember, this is Adalind we're talking about) again.

I mean, I can't think of a single way they can work fatherhood for Nick into the story at this point.

I don't know what they can do about it, but they never should have introduced that whole Diana plot, or turned her into this Holy Grail character.  She's 3/4 hexenbiest and there's nothing special about her parents other than one of them being from the royal family, so why does she have all these super powers?  The problem is that the kids with super powers trope seldom works, because you are limited by the young actor playing the character.  It's cute and funny watching Tabitha from Bewitched make all her stuffed toys levitate from her crib, but when you're doing the Tabitha bit in a serious story it starts to fall flat.  Maybe they will have her continue to age rapidly, and have a young adult character in the role soon.  I never liked uber characters anyway.  It throws a show out of balance, as the main characters must now devote all their time and energy trying to either stop or harness the power of the uber character.

• Love 2

I for one would like to see them explain and then wrap up the whole 7 Houses of Royals.  It would be nice to have 3 nice neat arcs this season and next season that use Renard with the help of the Resistance and maybe the Grimm gang to eliminate each House one at a time.  One by November, one by February and one to finish off the season.  Collect the keys and then show us what they do/are for/what ever.  Each arc needs to tie into what is going on in Portland.

I would like to see more of the Wesen Council and to see Rosalee more involved with them.  This would also be a way to organically bring in Adalind.  I would have her start being a lawyer again and start defending some of the Wesen that Nick and company arrest.   She could be a thorn in Nick's side and work with the Wesen Council as well to show the bad guys the errors of their ways.  I'm not explaining this very well, but it has always bothered me that our legal system gets really trashed in this show.

But mostly I want to see Nick be a real Grimm again.  No angst, no drama, just a super cool Grimm.   And yes, more use of the Fairy Tales this show is based upon. 

• Love 2

Collect the keys and then show us what they do/are for/what ever.  Each arc needs to tie into what is going on in Portland.

This idea could be cool, as it could bring in the remaining five keys and their Grimms! We could see just how different Nick is from the varied other Grimms and their outlooks ( maybe have Manu Bennett play one).  Maybe even have Josh feel like he should show up ( depending on what goes down with Chavez) to help out.

I still maintain that the McGuffin should be something considered super-destructive for medieval or older times, but turn out to be not as scary as advertised. Not to diss older Grimms, but enough things have changed that things considered valuable in the past either are super rare now or dismissed as passé.

I mean, I can't think of a single way they can work fatherhood for Nick into the story at this point.

I read the above, yet all I could think about was Nick turning around, like in an ad, and he's got a Baby Bjorn with an infant on his chest. The voice comes on with " Guess who's strapped in for an all new season of Grimm?"   Cue cute baby gurgling.  I don't know why my mind went there. I don't want "wacky hijinx" in the field. Yet Guintoli with a kid on his chest just sort of tickled me. Please do not do this Show.  Do not want.

• Love 2

I don't know what they can do about it, but they never should have introduced that whole Diana plot, or turned her into this Holy Grail character.  She's 3/4 hexenbiest and there's nothing special about her parents other than one of them being from the royal family, so why does she have all these super powers?  The problem is that the kids with super powers trope seldom works, because you are limited by the young actor playing the character.  It's cute and funny watching Tabitha from Bewitched make all her stuffed toys levitate from her crib, but when you're doing the Tabitha bit in a serious story it starts to fall flat.  Maybe they will have her continue to age rapidly, and have a young adult character in the role soon.  I never liked uber characters anyway.  It throws a show out of balance, as the main characters must now devote all their time and energy trying to either stop or harness the power of the uber character.

I was thinking of Tabitha, too, when Diana was rebuilding the blocks.  They have to stop that, and I'm not a big fan of the demonic eyes, either.  I also agree that having super powerful people turns me off.  I mean, they already have wesen that turn into horrible killing machines that regular humans are powerless against.  And hexenbiests . . . need I say more?  I don't need a kid wreaking havoc. 

• Love 1

I'd like to see a storyline where Truble finds out she is really Nick's sister......or maybe his cousin (from Aunt Marie?)--possibly she was kidnapped like Diana and somehow ended up in the foster child system.  Seems feasible.

I'd like to see a storyline where Truble finds out she is really Nick's sister......or maybe his cousin (from Aunt Marie?)--possibly she was kidnapped like Diana and somehow ended up in the foster child system.  Seems feasible.

How about half sister? Who would the other daddy or mommy be?
(edited)

How about half sister? Who would the other daddy or mommy be?

A full sibling would actually work better.  Nick was about 12 when his mom "died" and Trubel is about 12 years younger than Nick, so it could be that Kelly was pregnant when she went underground, had the baby (Trubel), realized motherhood and running around the world to assassinate assassins weren't compatible, and gave her daughter up to the foster care system.

**Edited to make sense....it is apparently too early for me to be on the boards.

Edited by OtterMommy
  • Love 2

I've wondered if Trubel was Marie's daughter? Marie raising her orphaned nephew wouldn't raise eyebrows in the community but being a single mother might. Kelly being her mother doesn't make sense because if she trusted Nick with Marie she would have given her the baby as well.

• Love 1

I also think that Trubel being Marie's daughter makes some sense, we know Marie had a fiance (that guy who played Man in Black on Lost whose name and the Grimm character's name escape me).  She gave that baby up for her own valid reasons, but Nick being a twelve-year old orphan was a different story/different time in her life.  Of course it's all very soap-y and I guess I wouldn't really like to see it.  Yet, there is some appeal, and I could buy the two as relatives, visually and temperamentally.

• Love 1

I also think that Trubel being Marie's daughter makes some sense, we know Marie had a fiance (that guy who played Man in Black on Lost whose name and the Grimm character's name escape me).  She gave that baby up for her own valid reasons, but Nick being a twelve-year old orphan was a different story/different time in her life.  Of course it's all very soap-y and I guess I wouldn't really like to see it.  Yet, there is some appeal, and I could buy the two as relatives, visually and temperamentally.

Nah, I can't take any more soap opera-ish storylines and I don't like the idea of Trease being Nick's long lost [instert relative here]. Personally, I liked the idea that there are other Grimms, and other Grimm families that are out in the world, that are not closely related to Nick or Trease. 

Why would making Nick and Trubel relatives be soap opera? Monroe and Rosalee have families why can't Nick? I'd love to see it since he has no living relatives left and they seem to have affection for each other.

• Love 1
(edited)

Why would making Nick and Trubel relatives be soap opera? Monroe and Rosalee have families why can't Nick? I'd love to see it since he has no living relatives left and they seem to have affection for each other.

YMMV, but I believe that the whole plot point of having a long lost relative show up on a TV show is considered a staple in Soap Operas. In my opinion, it's one thing to say, "hey my [insert relative here] is coming over for the weekend/wedding." Compared to, "oh my god we are related and we didn't even know about. We are long lost [insert relative here]!"

Edited by TVSpectator
  • Love 2

I agree it could be an interesting dynamic to interject a sibling or cousin relationship to Nick and Theresa.  At the point she left town, they were in a pretty comfortable groove, almost a mentor/mentee relationship.  To have a little family hierarchy/rivalry would be a whole different thing.  But I don't think the writers need to go there, and the interpersonal dynamics will have to be changed anyway from the fact that she killed Juliette, and however this thing plays out with the FBI woman. 

• Love 1

Yeah, but it happens in real life too.  If we eliminate everything that ever happened on a soap opera then we have not much left at all....and the fact is, inevitably a trope is going to work its way in because there aren't an infinite number of plots, but there are many more ways to twist the plot about to make it interesting.

I personally don't care if Nick and Trubel are related (I posted that it could be easily done, though).  If I had to vote, I'd go against it because I'm not sure Trubel fits into this show as a regular and, frankly, Toboni may not want to be tied down to a show at this point.

But, back to the point above.  I think one or to "soap opera tropes" in Grimm is pretty benign.  However, what do we have in this show that does NOT belong in a soap opera right now?  I guess the whole Wesen thing (which, admittedly, is no small deal).  We have:

1. A woman who trapped a man with pregnancy - or - a man who accidentally impregnated a woman
  2. A woman who is pretty much continually pregnant
  3. A four year old child who was born a year ago
  4. An inexplicable character shift leading to a character dying in her lover's arms
  5. I'm pretty sure we'll get a "back from the grip of death" redemption arc regarding #4
  6. A handsome and mysterious powerful man (Renard)
  7. Ties to a powerful/Royal European family
  8. (I'm hoping) A storyline of mistaken paternity

At this point, Grimm IS a soap opera and that is what so many fans are upset about.  I think adding yet another trope might be the one that breaks the camel-like Wesen's back.

... we know Marie had a fiance (that guy who played Man in Black on Lost whose name and the Grimm character's name escape me)...

Farley Kolt, played by Titus Welliver, most recently Harry Bosch in the Amazon mini-series "Bosch" (based on the Michael Connelly novels.)

Suppose Theresa IS Kelly's child...Did Marie know Kelly was still alive?  If not, then Kelly couldn't handily thrust yet another kid onto sister Marie.  Nick & Rubel being siblings is way more plausible than most of the crapfest we saw this season.

(edited)

Suppose Theresa IS Kelly's child...Did Marie know Kelly was still alive?  If not, then Kelly couldn't handily thrust yet another kid onto sister Marie.  Nick & Rubel being siblings is way more plausible than most of the crapfest we saw this season.

Marie did know Kelly was alive (Nick asked Kelly this when she reappeared at the end of s1/beginning of s2).  Let's pretend that Kelly was *just* pregnant when she supposedly died--she might not have even known.  The car accident/beheading happened and Kelly went underground and 7.5 months later, there is a baby.  How could she give Marie the baby without at 12/13 year old Nick asking where the infant was coming from.

As I said upthread, they could make this work--but I'm not really sure I want them to.  In order for this show to recover from the crapfest that was Season 4, they need to get back to basics and clean up the messes they've made, not create new ones.

Edited by OtterMommy
  • Love 1

I think the writers need to develop Nick as a person not just as a Grimm. Usually the lead character gets the most backstory yet we know very little about Nick. What led him to police work? How did his friendship with Hank develop these are areas the show could explore without being tragic.

• Love 2

Meh.  Diana reminds me way too much of what happened on Stargate:SG1 with that baby being born on a Tuesday, and aged to thirty three days later.  Diana should just die in the Resistance fighting during February 2016 sweeps.  Adiland's baby with Nik should be still born.  No more babies, unless the show goes off the air and we see Monroe and Rosalie announcing their pregnancy.

Renard comes back strong as a badass looking to take down the Seven Families now that his father is dead.

Truble needs to die.

More Wu, Hank, Bud, Renard, a toned down Adiland and Nik gets his mojo back.

• Love 2
(edited)

Renard comes back strong as a badass looking to take down the Seven Families now that his father is dead.

Yes!

Truble needs to die.

I like her but as a recurring character, not a regular.

More Wu, Hank, Bud, Renard, a toned down Adiland and Nik gets his mojo back.

Agreed.

(this is my first post so cut me some slack until I learn how things work here :P )

Edited by stacey
fixed quote issues
 As I said upthread, they could make this work--but I'm not really sure I want them to.  In order for this show to recover from the crapfest that was Season 4, they need to get back to basics and clean up the messes they've made, not create new ones.

True!!!!!

• Love 3

If they are going to continue with the Royals they need to get Nick more involved with them.  The big problem I saw was that it was Renard and only Renard that interacted with the Royals.  Now you have a pissed off Grimm after them, they killed his mother, so perhaps it could become more interesting.  But they need to tighten up the writing where the Families are involved and do their stories in short arcs and then be finished with each of the Families.  So far it has been a long snooze fest.

(edited)

Why ya gotta ruin my summer?  I think she's dead and I can't hear anything else with my fingers in my ears.

If they go darker, and I'm not sure how much darker they can go, it won't be the fun show I fell in love with.  I can see Nick going in two different directions.  We could get an angsty man painy guy, or we can get a bring it, you can't take anything else away from me so now you have a hard ass, kick ass crank, live with it.  I think they'll find a middle ground.  I think we'll have Nick turning very Grimm in more ways than one.

I think there is a way they could go dark and still be acceptable (to me....)  Basically, they have to go back to the fairy tales and folktales.  If we look back and their fairy tale and folk tale episodes, there were some "lighter" ones (the gawd-awful Cinderella episode and even the 3 little pigs episode seemed lighter, even if it did feature someone being shot at close range), but mostly they were pretty dark.  I mean, the FIRST episode featured a kidnapping heading towards cannibalism.  Heck, the Aswang episode was one of the most disturbing ones they've done.  I think if they go back to the source material (fairy tales, folk tales, literature) but not back off quite so much from some of the trickier elements, they can go darker and still stay true to the show.

Oh, and Juliette needs to stay dead.

Edited by OtterMommy
  • Love 4

I just watched S2 Ep8 where Renard is in the Spice Shop looking for help with his obsession over that insipid Juliette and had to giggle at Monroe's question, "Is this a person or an animal"?!  Bwhahahahah!  Hysterical.  The look of WTF on Renard's face when he responds, "A person" is glorious.  

I hope the show gets rid of the baby drama, ramps up the Royal storyline with the keys, and give us more of the fairy tale stories we saw during season one.  

• Love 2

Why shouldn't Nick find solace his child? That would be pretty heartless to reject his child because the mother is Adalind. He doesn't need to have a romantic relationship with Adalind and I don't think that is being implied.

My main problem with the Adalind/Nick baby is that it was very clearly (and admittedly) not well planned by the writers.  First of all, Adalind is now at least 12 months pregnant...maybe she's 4 years pregnant if we go by Diana's age...either way, it doesn't add up.  Plus, she found out she was pregnant one day and was very, very clearly pregnant the next (or it seemed that way). Plus, why has no one suggested a paternity test?  We still don't conclusively know the paternity of Adalind's first child, so why should anyone trust her about this one (especially since the child could be either Nick's or Renard's).

And what is the purpose of this?  I mean, I understand Diana's purpose--at least her original one.  Adalind needed leverage so she could get her powers back.  But what is the point of this child? It is just a big sloppy turd the writers set before the viewers for no other reason than the fact that they could.

So, my wishlist item is that this pregnancy and child not be what it seems.  Make it Renard's...either by her most recent encounter with him (within 24 hours of her encounter with Nick) or the ghost baby from back when she was pregnant with Diana.  Do something with other than use it as some soap opera tie to Nick.  Let Nick grieve his mother and Juliette and question all that is in his world, blah blah blah....but don't add fatherhood to his problems.

And, to add to that, I really, really want them NOT to reform Adalind.  The show needs a resident villain and, while she was probably the stupidest villain ever seen, she was still a villain.  Make her pissed at Nick for some reason (let's say he demands a paternity test?  He blames her for Juliette's death?  After all, Adalind is the one who set the events in motion that led to all that trouble) and decide to stir up trouble again.  She has some hold over Renard...have her bring him back into the gray area.  I'm kind of sick of him being Nick's fairy godfather anyway....

• Love 2