Type keyword(s) to search

Zombie Talk: Gruesome, Gory and Grabby

• Start Topic

3 hours ago, OoohMaggie said:

I noticed you said you didn’t get much further than the start of season 2, that coincides with the departure of Frank Darabont, the man who developed and directed the show until that point. Many feel that the show wouldn’t be in the mess it is now if he were still Showrunner. It literally has been like a rollercoaster ride in regards to the quality of the show, so it has been good and it has been absolutely awful. Things do seem to be picking up with the start of the new season, with new Showrunner Angela Kang in charge. It’s fingers crossed time at the moment, with the departures of the main star and one of the main characters imminent things could go either way.

Maybe they need to evolve the walkers like Z Nation did with their walkers.Up the fear factor. Maybe spread the virus to animals. I like that they have run in with morally corrupt humans. But, I want walker danger too. It is a za, walking dead show. Maybe evolve the walkers into eating other walkers and evolving into a stronger,faster more dangerous walker. The evolution of the walker virus. Every species instinct is geared towards survival. 

• Love 2
5 hours ago, WalkerTalker said:

Maybe they need to evolve the walkers like Z Nation did with their walkers.Up the fear factor. Maybe spread the virus to animals. I like that they have run in with morally corrupt humans. But, I want walker danger too. It is a za, walking dead show. Maybe evolve the walkers into eating other walkers and evolving into a stronger,faster more dangerous walker. The evolution of the walker virus. Every species instinct is geared towards survival. 

Well... given the latest between-season time jump, TWD is somewhere in the vicinity of 3-1/2 to 4 years into the ZA.  The notion of the ZV mutating in some way which would modify zombie behavior or capabilities wouldn’t necessarily be all that far-fetched - no more so than the notion of zombies in general, at least....  ;>

• Love 2
On 10/27/2018 at 7:09 AM, MissBluxom said:

After reading these posts however, I sure would prefer to see this show spend more time telling stories of people who survive and the strategies they used in order to survive.

Every zombie encounter is almost identical. They just get boring after a while. They can mostly be summarized like .... "See a Zombie." "Stab a Zombie in the brain." "See the Zombie die."  "See another Zombie." Rinse and Repeat.

Unaware of the comic book and with the premise Kill The Dead, Fear The Living in mind, I stayed with the show beyond the second season because I was expecting that it eventually would go in the direction of Stephen King's epic The Stand. Which in over 800 pages masterfully demonstrates that some human beings are capable of inflicting more horror than any number of zombies could aspire to. A supernatural or religious undertone is not necessary - simply examine the outcome when order and morality disappear. Zombies could be the creamy frosting on a tasty post-apocolyptic cake. But, noooo.We get boring, repetitive gore instead of satisfying storytelling. Yawn.

Edited by suomi
forgot italics
  • Love 2