Type keyword(s) to search

Litigants We Love

SandyToes
  • Start Topic

I loved the Canadian nurse who got her car wrongly towed. She had her shit together like I'd never seen before on the show.

You could tell JJ tried to trip her up a few times but she had the right answer for everything. The best part was when JJ complimented her for her organization and competence.

Edited by WhoaWhoKnew
  • Love 6

Yay! I love all these litigants. I don't remember Einstein's Daddy, though...could someone remind me?

There was one case a couple of years ago, featuring a really great young man (around 19 or 20 years old) who was caring for his younger siblings because his irresponsible mother could not, or would not. He even brought JJ to her knees, in a manner of speaking. Does anyone remember this one?

• Love 3

The man who got hit while on a bicycle, and the chicken farmer were both so sweet; two guys just trying to do right.

I need to look up Einstein! That may be a problem with this thread - all these wonderful people that some of us have never seen - but now really, really want to!

I always have a soft spot for the police officers who are suing because some asshole filed a complaint against them out of spite. Even if an investigation turns up nothing and they're cleared of whatever they're accused of, the record of the complaint apparently follows them around for the rest of their careers. I get the warm tinglies when JJ tells the asshole defendants everything that is wrong with them and then awards the full $5000.

• Applause 1
  • Love 4

a really great young man (around 19 or 20 years old) who was caring for his younger siblings because his irresponsible mother could not,

I remember him!  A female neighbor came with him for support.  He actually made me weep. 

And:

A cop who sued a woman for  false complaint.  He was not a natural born citizen and spoke with a slight accent.  The case took {tooken?:)} up the whole show with JJ rightly eviscerating the female defendant.  The officer won.  In the hallterview he said he became a became a police officer to pay this country back for all the benefits America gave him. I cried like a baby.

And,last, but certainly least--Ms. Shamprey Reid.  Who could forget her? Queen of Multitasking--able to bathe while cooking breakfast and simultaneously flooding her downstairs neighbor's apartment!  All the while naked!

Edited by CuriousParker
  • Love 7

I always have a soft spot for the police officers who are suing because some asshole filed a complaint against them out of spite. Even if an investigation turns up nothing and they're cleared of whatever they're accused of, the record of the complaint apparently follows them around for the rest of their careers. I get the warm tinglies when JJ tells the asshole defendants everything that is wrong with them and then awards the full $5000.

Yes! I can think of two off the top of my head. Both southern California cases. Ms. Jones, of the long bleached-blond hair, whose father was an LAPD police sergeant or captain or something (he and his wife were in court with her) had accused a very calm and well-spoken police officer of "harassment" and there was a demerit on his record. He had the whole exchange on audiotape. It was clear that Ms. Jones was trying to get out the ticket by invoking her father's rank. The officer said he would donate the $5K to a police charity.

(I found the closing credits and hallterview on YouTube and tried to embed the link, but couldn't get it to work.)

Then there was the obnoxious man and his fiancee who were speeding on their way to brunch and got pulled over. The man (who was an Orange County realtor, I think?) accused the cop of all kinds of misconduct. JJ spanked him good!

Edited by Intocats
  • Love 1

There was one lady who accused a cop of unprofessional behavior because she was in an accident and allegedly he didn't ask if everything was ok or if anyone was hurt. According to her he then got loud and abusive.

The officer had a recording of the exchange and he did ask if anyone was hurt and she was the one who was irate and screaming at him.

There was also one where a couple were pulled over and accused the officer of racism because he put their race as Latino instead of what they were which was Middle Eastern. I understand the frustration with that, but was a complaint necessary?

Edited by WhoaWhoKnew
  • Love 3

There was also one where a couple were pulled over and accused the officer of racism because he put their race as Latino instead of what they were which was Middle Eastern. I understand the frustration with that, but was a complaint necessary?

That is the couple I am remembering. And the woman was Latino, but the man was Middle Eastern. Not that it matters, but they were just trying to get the officer in trouble.

There was one lady who accused a cop of unprofessional behavior because she was in an accident and allegedly he didn't ask if everything was ok or if anyone was hurt. According to her he then got loud and abusive.

The officer had a recording of the exchange and he did ask if anyone was hurt and she was the one who was irate and screaming at him.

That's the first one I was thinking of. She even admitted to JJ that she didn't ask her own daughter (who I think had a baby in the car, too?) if she was okay, insisting that that's the officer's job. I think she was also complaining that the officer kept asking her to move her car out of the middle of the street.

Then there was one I can only remember very vaguely. I think it was a young-ish bratty guy who got pulled over for some sort of minor traffic violation, and SHOCKER OF SHOCKERS!!! didn't have insurance. (It had probably just expired the day before!!!!!) If I'm remembering correctly, the officer was even really nice about it and only wrote the ticket for one of those two things, but the twerpy kid decided that the officer looked at him the wrong way, or didn't get the memo that he's a Special Snowflake that should not ever get a ticket for anything, and filed a complaint because of his butthurt. You can imagine the field day JJ had with him.

Ms. Jones, of the long bleached-blond hair, whose father was an LAPD police sergeant or captain or something (he and his wife were in court with her) had accused a very calm and well-spoken police officer of "harassment" and there was a demerit on his record.

Oh yes, Officer Robinson who appeared twice on this show. THe other time, a nasty old witch accused him of bullying her and she too, was totally full of shit. JJ ripped her a new one, too. Ms. Jones, that little bitch of a Daddy's Girl whined, "He didn't want to talk to ME!" and not one word JJ said penetrated her overly bleached head.

An wasn't he a school psychologist?

He was. That passive-aggressive, obnoxious little pansy-assed twerp who obviously has a lot of issues of his own  is in charge of counselling kids. Wow.

AngelaHunter beat me to this one...

My favourite litigant was the very nice gentleman who rescued a very young kitten from a drainpipe and got put in handcuffs., removed from his job, and arrested for stealing it. 

Unfortunately he had no case against the defendant.  She reported her kitten missing and the prosecutor’s office is the one he should have sued for abuse of process. 

And of course Baby Boy’s dad.

Does anyone remember the 17th child, a daughter, of the very religious, pompous, pontificating parents.  They took her money to 'teach her a lesson'. 

Horrible people.  My heart went out to her.

• Love 1

So many...."the because he's a loser" teen bimbette bullies, "Wicked Jamaican ganga weed" defendant and many others. But the litigant of my heart has to be John Lydon (AKA Johnny Rotten formerly of the Sex Pistols) who was sued by a band member. I remember it so clearly because I had just begun to watch JJ......

The Rabbi, the Mennonite, and Deadpanning for Gold.

They were made of awesome!

That reminds me of the case of Buffalo BIll Cody and Calamity Jane, who appeared in full rodeo outfits, and just HAD to tell us that they did "bump uglies".

As much as I love the litigants for the snark...you can't help but get a little sympathetic with some of them.

I particularly felt bad for the guy being sued by his Jabba The Hutt mother...the guy seemed decent, had some issues and worked through them--I think the mom helped pay for medical bills...with the kicker being the slug of a mom had some type of settlement or maybe money left to her and blew through it...

I think the second one...if somebody could find it I'd appreciate it, I remember it back on TWOP, but I think it was a roommate case and the guy being sued was obviously having issues...I think the guy had drug issues, which were noticeable...but you know when JJ's going soft on someone, shit just got real.

Edited by CyberJawa1986
  • Love 2

I particularly felt bad for the guy being sued by his Jabba The Hutt mother...the guy seemed decent, had some issues and worked through them--I think the mom helped pay for medical bills...with the kicker being the slug of a mom had some type of settlement or maybe money left to her and blew through it...

I loved this case. JJ laid the smackdown on her and it was well deserved. It was medical bills and she said she'd take care of them provided he didn't go back to using drugs and he kept his word and didn't. She clearly ran out of that $200,000 inheritance or whatever it was and needed quick cash and since neither she or her husband worked, her son became her piggy bank.

• Love 1

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

An wasn't he a school psychologist?

This was one of the reruns last night, yay! Ugh, I wanted to reach through the TV and slap him. I thought that maybe, just maybe, JJ started to get through to him when she compared the (unfounded) report he filed against the police officer to what would happen if a female student of his made up a story about him touching her inappropriately, but NOPE! The hallterview showed that he still. just. doesn't. get. it. 

JJ's speech at the end about how cops don't have to be nice and lovey-dovey with you when they're writing you a ticket was fabulous.

• Love 1

For anyone who missed the joke-y Mennonite, ol' timey prospector and the Rabbi....and JJ rips the Rabbi a new one - bonus!

As soon as he said "natural person" and started quoting legal codes (which of course he's misinterpreted) I thought "this has *got* to be one of those "sovereign citizen" nutjobs. Loved the way JJ smacked him down.

• Love 2

Crystal stuck to that story because her son "doesn't lie."

"He say he didn't do it!" Crystal has the world's only six year old who has never told a lie. Crystal, maybe you should spend more time supervising your kid, who is riding a bike alone in the street, and less time maintaining whatever that is on your head.

• Love 3

I wonder about the kid whose maternal grandmother was suing the paternal grandmother for battery.  The maternal GM won.  Mom was dead and kid lived with dad, who happened to be deaf, and his mother,  Maternal GM was also very upset that grandson was not in school.  Other GM said he was being homeschool and when asked by JJ, said that neither she or her son graduated high school. JJ said she was going to contact child services herself because two parents w/o education shouldn't be homeschooling.  I wish I knew what happened.

• Love 6

I wonder about the kid whose maternal grandmother was suing the paternal grandmother for battery.  The maternal GM won.  Mom was dead and kid lived with dad, who happened to be deaf, and his mother,  Maternal GM was also very upset that grandson was not in school.  Other GM said he was being homeschool and when asked by JJ, said that neither she or her son graduated high school. JJ said she was going to contact child services herself because two parents w/o education shouldn't be homeschooling.  I wish I knew what happened.

...I know some of the other court shows (past and present) occasionally do it, but JJ is one I'd love to see "where are they now?" and recaps/updates for every now and then.  Especially for cases like the one you mentioned. 

Edited by CyberJawa1986
  • Love 2

Today had a case with a police officer suing an idiot after said idiot filed a complaint against the officer. "He called me stupid!" cries idiot. JJ notes the tape recorder on the officer's desk, and proceeds to allow the idiot defendant enough rope to hang himself. Which he does, beautifully. The officer was shown to be patient, respectful, kind, and extremely generous.  JJ awarded him the full $5000. I liked how he was quiet, confident in what the evidence would show. Even in the hallterview the defendant continued to be an idiot, and as Judy herself said, WAS stupid.  But the officer never said that. Nice guy, and nice to see a peace officer in a positive light.

• Love 1

There was a rerun today of the full-of-excuses fella suing because the Pekingese he bought at a dog show from its owners ("I only had ten minutes to decide!") wasn't immediately at home in his new surroundings ("it pooped in the kitchen!"), so he wanted a refund. The defendants were an older couple, Victor (who spoke with an accent, possibly eastern european?) and Betty. During the hallterview, Victor tried to explain that the plaintiff should have given the poor poochie more time and tenderness, and finished up with "love is the key to every door." I thought it was adorbs :)

• Love 5

The defense witness in last weeks bite on a neighbor by the little poodle, looked very familiar to me.    Either from this show, or Peoples Court.     There have been some that appeared on both shows, the woman who wanted money to buy sneakers for her younger siblings appeared on both.   

• Love 2
On 11/1/2014 at 10:16 AM, Brattinella said:

Baby Boy's Daddy!  And Einstein's Daddy, too.

Whenever I need a lift, I watch that clip on YouTube.  And those nasty harpies that stole the dog and LIED their asses off about it.  

• Love 3
On 4/10/2020 at 7:09 AM, AmyFarrahFowler said:

Has anyone noticed if/when a litigant has appeared more than once but with different cases? I'm watching an old one and I think the defendant appeared previously with her twin sister.

I believe a police officer with a false civilian complaint has appeared twice.  I think Judy liked those - a smack down of an entitled lying defendant and a nice contribution to charity.   

• Like 1
  • Love 1

The young woman who was suing for payment by her estranged father for expensive sneakers for her younger siblings was on JJ and lost, then was on The People's Court and won.   

Also, I've recognized some of the Florida tow drivers/business owners on JJ and The People's Court, and they win.    Good records are gold on this. 

Then the man suing the HOA president and property manager and won on JJ, when the 3rd floor apartment pipes (looks like old galvanized, or evern worse, cast iron sewer lines), also sued on The People's Court about his upstairs neighbor's tub overflowing, or dishwasher or something leaking through the ceiling of his kitchen and trashed a bunch of his electronics stuff, lost on TPC.    He's also sued a few other times not on television. 

• Love 1