Type keyword(s) to search

Naruto: Shippuden - General Discussion

• Start Topic

Before I forget . . . someone did a Coffin Dance video for Jirayah with bonus animation. Warning: the “drop” is staticky, so top volume isn’t advised. I just found it funny.

And here’s a Death Battle pitting Kakashi against Obi-Wan Kenobi.

3 hours ago, Terrafamilia said:

I liked how the Mizukage was fed up with all the not even third-stringers.

Second Mikukage: Guys, guys, guys. This should not be hard. I have been resurrected and I have no control of my actions, but I have free will. What are not getting about my giant clam?

Ninjas: Sorry! Sorry!!

Mizukage: Right. Pick up your weapons. I cannot believe that the five armies united and no one thought of a way to counter- . . . that's it!

Random Ninja: What is it, sir?

Mizukage: You are fighting me! And winning!

Another Random Ninja: Huh?

Mizukage: You've no reason to lie now. I get it! Your lackluster attempts at attacking me are but cover! In reality, a few of you are chipping away at my defense! Once again, I have free will! You can tell me! I want to be sealed!!

Ninjas: (looking at each other)

Mizukage: (facepalming) Sweet Ninja Jesus, you are being serious. This is the best that I can expect of you lot.

Ninjas: (combined giant tear drop)

Mizukage: (sighing) Okay, from the top. The clam is not where you think it is. It's-

Ninjas: (tossing weapons at illusory clam)

Mizukage: I hate you. I hate your whole damn generation.

• Love 1
(edited)

Watching filler, from after Tsunade became Hokage. Sakura wants to cozy up to Sasuke during a fireworks event, but Naruto would be a third wheel . . . so she asks Hinata to join her. Hinata freaks the hell out because pre-timeskip Hinata. She's running around like a lunatic.

Sakura: Are you gonna come or not?

(Hinata mad-dashes back to Sakura)

Hinata: I'm coming! Absolutely!

Come on. COME ON.

Edited by Lantern7

Is the filler over for now? Three episodes on a kid that’s annoying and meaningless in the big picture should lead to a one-way trip to The Hague to stand trial.

Tiny Akamaru was cute, though. I take it the dogs partnered with Kiba’s family don’t age that quickly.

Checking again to see if anyone is keeping up via Toonami. Last week's episode started with a cute song about the Tailed Beasts. Much to my surprise, it was not dubbed. Here it is if you missed it.

Oh, and the War is still raging . . . and now it's time for Sasuke to finally make an appearance.

Checking in again. We’re getting Kabuto’s origin story. The guy never had a chance before Orochimaru took an interest on him. Now he’s a weird-ass dragon wannabe with a tail sticking out the wrong side of his body.

On 4/11/2021 at 9:06 PM, Terrafamilia said:

And, noooo, it's not phallic at all. 🙄

Realization I’d like to share before I turn in: that “tail” isn’t phallic. It’s the umbilical cord that Kabuto refuses to cut off from his time with Orochimaru. Also: I dig Itachi’s Groundhog Day Sharrigan.

Shit, I haven’t been here in forever. And Toonami is in the middle of the Great Shinobi War arc.

3 hours ago, Terrafamilia said:

Ugh, filler.

Naruto vs an Inspector Gadget Terminator wannabe. I was expecting to have it turn out to be an example of Konohamaru's fanfic.

I think filler is okay if it’s funny. Naruto fighting and teaming with a mecha version of himself to save the village qualifies. I get how it’s annoying, and I really could have used subtitles for the kanji, but I thought it was okay. Gotta love the ending where Gaara accidentally drowns the village in sand trying to kill Deidara.