Type keyword(s) to search

Tara: She Likes Girls and Fist Bumps

• Start Topic

I think they're going to hide it by killing her. And that sucks, because the presence of her character has a very humanizing effect on many of the others. But, they're due to kill off a bunch of main characters soon. So after they finish killing Heath, Morgan, and probably Sasha (FPP will live forever, because he has some kind of a pact with Satan,) I think Tara's history. She's already taught Glenn to forgive his enemies and Eugene to sack the hell up occasionally. I feat that the writers are starting to think of her as a disposible morality pet.

I suppose they could just barely show her for the rest of the season. I mean, Rosita could be having triplets for all we know. But they'll probably think it's more fun to just kill her. The only other options are the old "Actually, I'm bisexual now. Tee hee!" copout, or a very uncomfortable story arc in which we find out that, while lying comatose, she was impregnated by Eugene.

Edited by CletusMusashi

Sasha was pregnant last season, and they hid it.  I didn't even know that til just now!  So she's not necessarily a goner yet.  I hope not.  I like Tara, and there are other characters I could do without.  cough*Abraham*cough  I like Rosita, too, but she hasn't been on enough to actually get attached.  So I'd still rather lose Rosita instead of Tara, even though Rosita has potential.  The Abraham trio has never really meshed into the show for me.  Eugene is sort of getting interesting now that we're done with this "classified" BS.

ETA:  I just saw that Redhead Zombie already mentioned this.  Sorry, I was skimming!

Edited by peach

I agree. It's sad that they've given us so much YSB but do little Rosita, but since they obviously don't want to do much with Rosita, Tara is a more valuable character. She had one short scene this week, and it was probably my favorite one in the episode. 

Maybe they'll just disguise her a lot. She can spend one episode guarding the perimeter disguised as a bush.

Then they can do a Halloween episode where she dresses up as a pumpkin or something. Abe could be The Kool Aid Man, Eugene could be the Beastmaster, and zany hijinks could ensue when the Unfair Wolves eat some funny mushrooms before coming into town.

Then they can try another Pied Piper schtick, this time with her leading the zombie parade dressed as a giant ham. Oh. Wait. Never mind. They already tried that one by putting a giant ham in the car with Sasha, and it failed anyway.

I hope they don't kill Tara, I've grown to like her awkward self. She's not a total badass, but she's kind and forgiving and she tries really really hard. I guess hiding Alana's pregnancy will depend on how fast this storyline moves. She can beg off fighting for a few more days, as she is just recovering from an injury. But before too long she'll be expected to pull her own weight again. 

• Love 1

So Alanna Masterson is being body shamed beyond our episode threads.  Josh McDermitt is quite upset about this fact, and here's a portion of his interview from Huffington Post.  It's making it's way onto gossip sites.

“She just had a kid. That’s why she hasn’t been in the first six episodes because she was recovering from pregnancy and then people are talking trash about her appearance, and it’s like, screw you,” he said.

McDermitt continued, “I’m going to bully you into stop bullying. That’s what I feel like we need to do. I don’t know how this is gonna work, but we have to stop bullying each other and calling people out for their appearance.”

What a nice guy!  And BTW, I tried to post this in the media thread, but an imbedded Twitter thingy is making the screen constantly scroll down, so I couldn't do it.

• Love 5
On 11/1/2014 at 8:47 AM, kikismom said:

She may possibly like him..but...

Her happy look dissolved because when Glenn came out, he says: (paraphrase)  "That's the secret of scavenging, anything that is still worth finding is still hidden"---and that was when Maggie didn't know Tara was from Woodbury. Tara confesses after that.

I'd personally throw in that Tara only likes girls was established when she was being hit on by Martinez at the picnic table, and Eugene anywhere.

When she was walking down the road with the governor, Lily (Her sister), and Megan (aka the most annoying child in the AZ), she was complaining about a girl she liked and took camping only to discover the woman wasn't a lesbian.

I stopped watching TWD around the time of the Negan arrival, with no real regrets, but Tara was one of my favorite characters so I just stopped by to mourn her passing. She had a very long run though - a hell of a lot longer than I ever expected.

• Love 5
On 3/27/2019 at 4:44 PM, icemiser69 said:

She wasn't given great material to work with, but she made the most of it.   With a bazillion characters on the show now, very few characters are given much screen time.

I disagree. I thought she did well as a secondary character but when they made her the lead on her solo trip to Oceanside, I was shocked at how bad an actress she was. It looked like she barely bothered to learn her lines, she was almost reading them tonelessly off a teleprompter. I've been waiting for her to get killed off ever since, but thought it was extremely unlikely because she's good friends with the head of casting. So Allelulah! Not an Alpha fan at all, but she did get rid of Henry and Tara in one fell swoop (well, I guess it took more to cut off their heads) so I am pretty grateful. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 3