Type keyword(s) to search

S01.E05: Episode 5

I can't believe they haven't followed up on the info that Danny was alone a lot and didn't really seem to be hanging out with Ellie's son anymore. We know they were still texting, which seems to imply they were still friends, but it's also possible they had a falling out and the text messages were part of a fight.

• Love 2

I can't believe they haven't followed up on the info that Danny was alone a lot and didn't really seem to be hanging out with Ellie's son anymore. We know they were still texting, which seems to imply they were still friends, but it's also possible they had a falling out and the text messages were part of a fight.

Probably because Ellie is ?co-lead in the investigation. She sees Tom as her son first and foremost, and she's more interested (well...that's debateable with the way her and Joe were carrying on in the kitchen...) in how he's coping with the death rather than whether he knows anything. Plus they were on holidays right before Danny died so she probably doesn't think Tom knows anything of importance. And maybe he does, maybe he doesn't. Deleting all his "best friend's" messages is certainly suspicious.

The problem is that Carver should be wanting to talk to Ellie's family like normal "persons of interest" but he can't because she stonewalls him at every turn. Plus she's biased him without even meaning to. As far as Carver is concerned Tom and Danny were best friends because Tom's mum said so. Again the "problem" with a small-town.

It is weird that nobody thinks it's strange the kid was off on his own all the time. The way Dean described it was certainly hitting red flags in my book!

• Love 1

It is weird that nobody thinks it's strange the kid was off on his own all the time.

What I find weird is that after five episodes, the police have made absolutely no progress at all.

And, they seem to have completely forgotten about the cut fence, which occurred the same night as the murder, bounded on the ocean (Danny was found on the beach) and has Chekhov's fingerprints all over it!

Frankly, this show is circling the drain.

• Love 1

My husband and I are getting bored with this, and I hate that. I love a good murder mystery. Five episodes in and still as many questions as episode one.

I feel no sympathy for Beth or Mark, and it kills me that they are presented as so unlikable.

Sure, the hospital believed Gemma was Carver's wife. What a farce.

• Love 2

Ellie annoys me. She made it clear her husband made the dinner invite, not her. She is too disgruntled to be unbiased in this case and I almost hope her husband did it. It would serve her right for being so "all-knowing" about her precious creepy town.

I had to FF through the interview with that report...she just revolts me, her manipulation of Owen (who is a dunce, can't wait to see his Aunt/Editor slap him up side the head.) Also I don't hate Gemma as much as as I usually do a character who has a fling with a guy she knows is married. She is otherwise a sensible type. The whole Solano fam is not very sympathetic. Danny is getting lost in the shuffle here with all of the other creepiness. That priest! Eek.

I live Carver well enough...he is not used to these insular little villages and doesn't mind showing it. I find Gracepoint kind of "off" myself.

I do hope they show all ten episodes, since they are filmed, and not pull the show early, since now I want too see where it goes. But I have a feeling eight would have been plenty, like the original and may end up causing the show to go away early...

I do hope they show all ten episodes, since they are filmed, and not pull the show early, since now I want too see where it goes. But I have a feeling eight would have been plenty, like the original and may end up causing the show to go away early...

At the rate they're progressing, it'll take 30 episodes before they have a suspect in custody.  I should just duck out now, and rejoin the series in February/March when they finally begin to close in on the killer!

• Love 1

Ellie annoys me. She made it clear her husband made the dinner invite, not her. She is too disgruntled to be unbiased in this case and I almost hope her husband did it. It would serve her right for being so "all-knowing" about her precious creepy town.

I actually hope her creepy kid, Tom, did it.

This episode was a mess...it is all over the place. They shove so much extra drama in there, of course Chloe was listening at the door to hear her parents say they got married because of her.

I think they dragged out the whole thing with Jack because they probably had to make a bigger role for Nick Nolte. No way police would not have checked to see what exactly his crime was right as soon as his name came out. Ridiculous. Even bad cops in tiny towns.

I actually hope her creepy kid, Tom, did it.

That's been my theory this entire time. Tom accidentally killed Danny by bludgeoning him with the skateboard, called Joe freaking out, and Joe helped Tom clean up and dump the body. Goes with Tom's total non-reaction when Ellie told him about Danny's death, his deleting everything from his laptop's hard drive and phone text history with Danny, and his overall sketchy behavior. Joe understands his wife's general naïvety and blindness when it comes to her family and Gracepoint in general, so it doesn't take much for him to steer her away from being suspicious. Carver has been the wildcard, but Joe just has to keep himself in the background. And Ellie will prevent Carver from needling Tom too much (and Carver has a soft spot for kids, so he won't press the issue too much). And luckily for both, there are enough sketchy-ass characters in Gracepoint to keep Carver and Ellie busy.

I still can't seem to rule out many people. Tommy, Ellie's husband, the priest, even Owen could all be the killer. I can only eliminate Gemma, Danny's mom, and the editor, really, from the locals. And of course Aunt Ellie,,everybody's best friend. I wonder if it be someone completely off the wall to the point of making no sense, just to be a surprise.

I wish/hope something bad happens to the female reporter-well not physically but career-ending or something. Owen too for that matter.

• Love 1