Type keyword(s) to search

Scheduling: "Come Christmastime, we all seem to make it back home."

• Start Topic

Without the girls on TV, I decided to watch Twas the Nightmare Before Christmas on DVD.

As far as I'm concerned, that's the best episode the show has ever done. It's just classic gag after classic gag, from the Men of Blanche's Boudoir Calendar, to "Can you cook?" "Are you black?"

Logo showed a mini-marathon of the Christmas episodes today. I just caught the tail end or I would have posted sooner. The last ep is on right now. I am SO glad that Logo and TV Land still show GG while Hallmark is on their Christmas movie kick.

Yeah, I just came on here to share that news as well, the Girls are back on my TV this morning! Congrats to all for making it through another unnecessarily long Christmas-movie marathon.*

(*I am not a Grinch, but I do worry about people who watch Christmas movies in November.)

3 hours ago, LilWharveyGal said:

Soooo, the Girls aren't on and apparently Hallmark started the Christmas movies before Halloween this year?  I thought I had one more day!  In the words of Rose, "what gives?"

In times like these, there is but one surefire cure: Hulu! Totally worth it.

How is Hallmark going to ditch Golden Girls but still leave on 4 hours of Home and Family?  Is it necessary to show yesterday's episode as well as today's?  Ditch one of those episodes and put on Golden Girls.  Or, put Golden Girls back on at it's normal time and then show the Christmas movie after the first 2 hour episode of H&F.

All these movies fall into one of three categories, anyway:
1. Girl is all alone for Christmas and doesn't want to be alone.  She finds the love of her life just in time for the Holidays.
2. Girl is obsessed with work and doesn't have a man in her life.  Just in time for Christmas, the girl discovers that a man has been missing from her workaholic life and re-prioritizes. 
3. Girl is with scumbag.  Best friend (who just happens to be a guy) is with her to help her discover that boyfriend is a scumbag. Girl and best friend get together... you guessed it! JUST IN TIME FOR CHRISTMAS!

Edited by BlancheDevoreaux
  • Love 9
On 11/2/2017 at 9:26 AM, BlancheDevoreaux said:

How is Hallmark going to ditch Golden Girls but still leave on 4 hours of Home and Family?  Is it necessary to show yesterday's episode as well as today's?  Ditch one of those episodes and put on Golden Girls.  Or, put Golden Girls back on at it's normal time and then show the Christmas movie after the first 2 hour episode of H&F.

Or ditch the Christmas programming that has been airing since July it seems, and get back to GG, Frasier and others, please!

• Love 5

I was wondering about the after-Christmas scheduling...seems Hallmark has added the show with Everyone Loves Raymond's wife and please, no....Full House?  Am I getting the two Hallmark Channels mixed up? Full House?  I guess I'm showing my age...but even my kids (who were teens at the time it originally aired) hated it.  But I realize it had tons of fans and kudos to them if one of their old favorites is going to get a place on the schedule.  I guess.  I turned the channel on yesterday (apparently a marathon) and had a jaw-dropping reaction to the haircuts on the guys...mullets?  Mulletts?  It was off-putting in a way that the 80's hair and fashions on the GGs is not.  Shoulder pads and sequins?  Bring it.

Personally I liked Full House but much prefer the earlier seasons to the later ones.  The mullets were something, weren't they?  I think the real crime, though, is that the Joey cut his mullet off after a season or two but then brought it back towards the end of the series.  Why would he do that?

latest?cb=20161117220517