Type keyword(s) to search

Predicting Project Runway All-Stars With Cynicism And Wikipedia

• Start Topic

Chris March is the only one of these people I even recognize, so, because I really liked him and thought he got robbed in his season by not making Fashion Week, I'm gonna root for him.  (Although, yes, the fact that he's from the Bravo glory days will probably send him out early.)

• Love 1

I saw Justin and Alexander Knox from the just finished season of PR standing outside the Wrigley Building on Michigan Avenue in Chicago (10/29, 11 AM). They had a camera crew with them and I couldn't imagine what they might be taping. Any ideas?

Dmitry is my early favorite. All the others, I either don't remember them, don't like them, or don't like their work. Or a combination of disliking them AND their work.

I'm surprised Patricia is back. Her stuff was kind of interesting, but always looked like an amateur craft project. I could imagine the potential for translating her ideas into expensive high fashion, but it never got even close.

I wish they'd just put Chris March on tenure and let him show up and comment on the show for every season.  He is funny but not mean and I love him.   I don't really need him to sew---I've never really recovered from his human hair collection.

Is Gunnar Deatherage that guy's real name?  I have no memory of him or his designs but he is dressing like Carmen Ghia from the 1967 version of The Producers.

I think if Patricia and Benjamin go out quickly, I think I'm good with the rest of them.

• Love 4

So who's being set up for the win? Mondo was apparent when the cast was announced, Anthony about half-way through his season (Uli wuz robbed) but Seth Aaron never felt obvious, I thought (Irina wuz robbed). After him I think a non-winner is clear, though.

Edited by joelene

I saw Justin and Alexander Knox from the just finished season of PR standing outside the Wrigley Building on Michigan Avenue in Chicago (10/29, 11 AM). They had a camera crew with them and I couldn't imagine what they might be taping. Any ideas?

It already sounds boring.

• Love 1

Wow, Michelle can drop the ! high ! energy ! funfunfun ! girl act just any time now, and not ever roll out whatever that accent was supposed to be again. It was fun, though, watching her play off  how little has happened in her career since she won. Helen with her flood of thousand dollar dresses also set off my schadenfreude trying to get the upper ground on Alexandria.

I love Fabio, and I'm glad he won. I think, though, they sent the wrong person home. Patricia's garment was poorly constructed in the bust. Kate's was ill-fitted, inappropriate and vulgar.

• Love 4

Wow, Michelle can drop the ! high ! energy ! funfunfun ! girl act just any time now, and not ever roll out whatever that accent was supposed to be again. It was fun, though, watching her play off  how little has happened in her career since she won. Helen with her flood of thousand dollar dresses also set off my schadenfreude trying to get the upper ground on Alexandria.

The ones that smell like burritos?  Ugh....Helen. Whatever with her

• Love 1

I don't know many people who like PRAS, but I do. I was so dismayed to see Michelle back on the show. When she won her season, I saw a spoiler before I watched the episode on my DVR and I never could bring myself to watch it. She's just so nasty, nothing likeable about her at all. Ugh. Not even someone you love to hate....just hate. Glad to see Gunnar back but he better step it up!

• Love 1

I hate that they bring back winners along with the almost-wons.  For me, the fun is in seeing people who came close get a second shot to compete against other people who came close, and to watch those who are convinced they're the world's most gifted -- and misunderstood -- designers get the boot.  I don't understand what past winners bring to this dynamic.  I also don't get why Kate is chosen for every season.

I too  prefer this version to the original PR because there really isn't much low-hanging fruit this way.  Everybody who competes on this at least understands what's expected, and the quality of what each of these designers produce from day one is always better than at least half the design bunch on the regular version.  

Edited by FineWashables

Why do they always seem surprised to see the person they hated/fought with/despised the most as a co-competitor? If you acted like an asshole on your season and they invite you back...you know why. Paging Char and Korina to the set, please.

• Love 1

I wonder how many oldies they even ask back or if they've hit a wall with any of them wanting to particitpate at this point. For this season we've got one season 4 (Chris), one season 7 (Jay) and then the rest is season 10-12?

I love Dimitri, but add me to the list of those who don't want winners back for a runners up show. If you want them to come back for or AS a challenge, ala Top Chef, that could be interesting....or a show of all winners as the all stars. But I hate what they are doing. And Micelle AND Helen? Blah. What could be fun is an all stars of all the cray crays if the producers are gunning for drama. Wendy, Irina, Micelle, Helen, and the angry men of recent seasons. <br /> I am probably in the minority to be happy to see Alexandra and see if her aesthetic has grown any.

What could be fun is an all stars of all the cray crays if the producers are gunning for drama. Wendy, Irina, Micelle, Helen, and the angry men of recent seasons.

I would pay actual money to watch the judges decide whether the Michelle/Ken team or the Helen/Richard Hallmarq team is going home.

I love that idea, Julia.  I'm in; how much to make this happen Project Runway?  There can be a challenge to be silent throughout the whole process; one for no tears; one for no anger management issues.... no one would be left.

OH, and PR?  Please just stop trying to make Kate happen.  PLEASE.

• Love 1
I wonder how many oldies they even ask back or if they've hit a wall with any of them wanting to particitpate at this point. For this season we've got one season 4 (Chris), one season 7 (Jay) and then the rest is season 10-12?

A lot of people are commenting, complaining, or asking questions about this topic.  Here's my thoughts:

Re:  Casting Project Runway All Stars

A quick glance at Wikipedia illustrates that each season of All-Stars mainly cast from the seasons of Regular PR that have just taken place.

PR ALL STARS

Season 1:  Made up of mostly designers from Seasons 4, 5, and 7.
Season 2:  Made up of mostly designers from Seasons 8 and 9.
Season 3:  Made up of mostly designers from Season 10, with a sprinkling of casting from Seasons 6-9.
Season 4:  Made up of mostly designers from Season 10-12.

Edited by Ms Blue Jay

Why do they always seem surprised to see the person they hated/fought with/despised the most as a co-competitor? If you acted like an asshole on your season and they invite you back...you know why. Paging Char and Korina to the set, please.

Yup. And, for the record, unless Christian Siriano returns, I can guarantee I'm not turning in for THAT crap.

Even IF he went insane and signed on (because we know that ain't going to happen), I'd be "doubtful." I'm still ticked that I was subjected to round one with those two.

Edited by RealityCowgirl

Well, Tim claims that Gretchen's mom tried to kill him during his home visit by repeatedly sending his croquet ball into traffic, so there may be bad blood there...

Besides, Gretchen is the lead designer for Pendleton now, which is pretty much the top of the mountain for what Gretchen does. I can't see an upside for her in letting the increasingly freakish judging panel take a whack at her, much as I might enjoy watching it.

Edited by Julia
  • Love 1